[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoyo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 20170221_182645.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_182645.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Yoyo's are toys, does /toy/ yoyo?
>>
>>6256568
I have this Yomega one that's got rubber on the rims

I feel like if I bought another type it'd be easier to do tricks with since I can't really do shit with it, but I also am a beginner and retarded
>>
>>6256589
The rubber does make it tough, snagging on the string and your hand. For $10 you can get a Yoyofactory One on Amazon, comes with 2 bearings for beginner to intermediate.
>>
>>6256597
If you can wait for something from China, which you probably can since this is toy, check out magicyoyo. High quality, dirt cheap
>>
YoYos? They're pretty alright - they certainly have their ups and their downs.
>>
I'm just starting out with mine, just bought a Sage
>>
File: 341785.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
341785.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>6256568
Did the Indians have any Yoyos?
>>
>>6258805
The Indians invented yoyoing in 800bc actually. It was made of turtle shells and string made of the hair of scalped enemies
>>
I used to throw a bit, pretty fun hobby. Normies are hard to impress with it until they try it.
>>
>>6259597
Agree, but I have no joke gotten a girl from it.
>>
>when you throw it so hard it unscrews and flies off the string
>>
Been checking this board out recently to see if there's any yoyo discussion going on, and finally there's a thread about it.
It's a cool hobby and I've been doing it for a few months now. Got a YYF Velocity as my first yoyo since there's only one place in my country to buy decent yoyos and they only resell YYF stuff. After looking into it deeper, got a Magic Yoyo N12 and as >>6256598 stated, they offer competition level yoyos at ridiculously low prices. Then that I got bored for a bit but after recently getting a YYF Protostar for my birthday, I got back into it really hard. Right now waiting for a Magic yoyo D1 to get a little into looping.
All in all, it' a really cool hobby that's still pretty unpopular and people find it unusual.
>>
>>6260427
That's awesome! I have the n12 as well, awesome throw. Usually is the one I loan out to people that might be interested. About 6 months after I started I quit for a few months. Got back into and haven't been able to stop for 4 years. It feels like something I can sink my teeth into for a few minutes or hours, and I really hope it stays in my life for decades. It's cool to pull something out of your pocket with such endless abilities and room for creativity. Find a club, it will motivate you to stick with it. Also, protostar is a lot of fun, good choice.
>>
File: Spellbound Wallpaper.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Spellbound Wallpaper.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>6259976
Son, you've got problems.
>>
>>6260953
Pretty cool to see someone with so much experience here. The n12 is great, got it after reading some reviews, but after getting the Protostar, I realized I much prefer its' more angular and 'strict' shape over the rounded n12 and Velocity. And I also seem to have a soft spot for plastics. It'd be cool to join a club, but I highly doubt there's one in my country at all, let alone somewhere near me. And when you described how you feel about yoying, this was exactly how I feel about it as well. It feels great having something so small, so simple and with so many possibilities to take out anytime and kill some time, entertain people and just get creative. Don't stop throwing dude, it's awesome.
>>
>>6261126
H shape is my favorite by far. Summit was my favorite for a long time, the op picture is contending. General yo model 10 is another, one drop kuntosh. Floaty and fun. Plastics are fun and feel less hardcore.
>>
>>6261785
I doubt I'm gonna get my hands on anything in that price range anytime soon lol. Gotta have to be content with Magic yoyo and the likes plus whatever YYF stock gets resold here. Shipping from US costs almost as much as a yoyo itself here.
>>
>>6261974
I never buy new, check out bst and talk on Facebook. People from all over the world on there. Still more expensive, but I would rather have 1 good one than 3 cheaper. Start saving!
>>
>>6256568
>yoyo
YOYOS??????????

WHAT IS THIS? 1997????????????
>>
>>6262560
1997 wishes they had these yoyos
>>
>>6256568
i used to have one of those cheatin' yo-yo's. with the clutches or whatever. I think they were called clutches, idr. Anyway, I got pretty good with it, but it's been forever since i've even seen a yo-yo irl
>>
>>6256568
that mother fucker is $90?
does it suck your dick on the way back up?
>>
>>6262170
That's an interesting idea, never thought of that, thanks. I'll make sure to check that out. It escaped my mind that yoyo trading and selling between people is a thing.
>>
>>6262635
90 is cheap. 160 is nice.
>>
>>6262624
Do you mean the kind that would come back when they start to show down? Weird idea but pretty cool
>>
File: 1454232190135.png (229KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1454232190135.png
229KB, 500x375px
for the past several months on and off i've been experimenting with different parts. I had an old saber wing with some fucked up string so I swapped it for a crappier yoyo's wheel. It makes this killer squeak now and drops way faster too, lengthened some string into it and now I call it the Sonic Flash because of the squeal it makes when it drops fast. Yeah maybe that's faggy but I think it's the coolest
>>
>>6265522
Should have called it puberty
>>
http://watchcartoonsonline.eu/watch/recess-s2-ep12-gretchen-and-the-secret-of-yo/
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.