[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/toy/ meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_3349.jpg (783KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3349.jpg
783KB, 1800x1200px
Hiroshimoot has mandated that every board have one (1) meta discussion thread.

What amendments to board rules would you like to see? Do you want thread IDs? What patterns of /toy/-specific shitposting should unaware mods and janitors be on the lookout for? Should /toy/ have spoiler tags and image spoilers?

Discuss all this and more below.
>>
I think a decent sticky would do this board a world of good. A little bit of universal /toy/ information as well as the generals that are a mainstay on this board would be nice to see.
>>
>>6254556
This. I remember there being alot of discussion about this awhile ago but nothing ever came off it.
>>
>>6254595
You wanna know why? Hang around in this thread and you'll find out eventually.
>>
>>6254552
there fucking needs to be a reduction of the number of generals. it's absurd.
>>
>>6254556

This

Also thread IDs
>>
>>6254552
>Do you want thread IDs?
Yes.
>What patterns of /toy/-specific shitposting should unaware mods and janitors be on the lookout for?
The guy(s) who constantly shitpost in neca general whenever anyone criticizes a neca figure or the company in general. Whether it's an off-hand remark or a complaint about a figure that person has bought, they will rain shit upon that person saying they're a troll for not loving every aspect of neca as a toy company.
>Should /toy/ have spoiler tags and image spoilers?
Yes.
>>
>>6254614
You want thread IDs because you think there's enough trolling on this board to warrant it. If that was the case all of 4chan would need them. Despite what you think trolling on /toy/ is relatively a non-issue, especially compared with some of the other boards. Just deal with it and understand it comes with posting on an annonymous Bolivian shadow puppet board.
>>
>>6254616
>you think there's enough trolling on this board to warrant it

There is
>>
>>6254622
There's like, 2, maybe even 3 people that troll in a way so mediocre they can be spotted a mile off. If you think that's so bad it warrants thread IDs I really don't know what to tell you. You either only post on /toy/ and have no idea how bad trolling can be, or are delusional to believe that this board is above the others and requires some kind of preferential treatment.
>>
I think the generals should be confined to companies only. Bandai, GSC, etc.

How many generals are for literally only Bandai products? Toku, DBZ, Non-Toku Figuarts, Robot Damashii...

And while we're at it, do we need Generals for Lego, Megabloks, and non-specific other building block systems?

Also talking about Andrew, Jin, Greg, etc should be bannable
>>
>>6254636
>And while we're at it, do we need Generals for Lego, Megabloks, and non-specific other building block systems
Tell that to the lego folks then.

But does having that many generals really fuck anything up? Does having to scroll like .5 seconds longer in the catalog make everything awrful? Toy is relatively slow board and even single-subject, specific threads stick around for quite a while.
>>
>>6254640
I'm with you on this. More generals don't do any harm. The board is too slow for them to push off anything constructive. Anything on the last few pages is either a) at limit and getting pushed off or b) uninteresting or a shit post that didn't get enough attention to warrant staying.

This board works well in that anything that gets enough attention sicks around, while the garbage is slowly pushed off.
>>
>>6254634
Says the troll who would be out of business if we had ID's here.

You guys want to stop trolls?
Ignore them.
Period.
Don't respond, even with a "witty and clever retort just to show 'em!"
Click that little triangle in the post header and go on with your discussion as if nothing happened. Stop feeding them, even little tidbits, and they'll leave. Or at least get more blatant until they get banned.
>>
>>6254640
It's not so much that the generals exist, it's the way the board acts after they're here. How many perfectly fine threads get met with "try asking the general" and that's the end of it? /toy/ wouldn't be as slow if people were allowed to just ask things in new threads.
>>
>>6254644
The guy you're replying to here. You've just basically agreed with me. We don't need thread IDs, you've just listed off half a dozen decent solutions to the problem.

..and no I'm not a troll of any kind, i'm just sick of seeing overly sensitive faggots demanding something that, like you pointed out could be easily circumvented by simple ignoring half the time.
>>
>>6254645
That's fair. Although I see the reasoning too.

If I have a specific question about something lego-related, I'd probably do better to ask in the general where the people who want to talk about lego and already talking about it.

On the other hand, making a standalone thread means only that issue is addressed and keeps the general discussion cleaner.

So yeah, I guess I agree, change in the culture is needed.
>>
>>6254653
But, memes and shitposting aside, the culture here isn't going to change. That's sort of why this whole "what changes can be made to fix the board" thing never goes anywhere. Either people are content and they don't care if the board changes, or they're used to this set-up and they don't want it to change. Also 4chan is full of faggots who just want to ruin everyone else's fun.
>>
>>6254653
The problem isn't that people are being told to "ask the general", it's that while it's the logical thing to do, instead of doing so, someone lazily creates a whole new thread instead of putting the effort into finding out if there's a place he can ask. It's unnecessary spoonfeeding which gets on people's nerves,

It's the same kind of laziness when someone requests information about something they could easily find themselves with five seconds on google and a bit of intuition.
>>
>>6254663
>It's unnecessary spoonfeeding which gets on people's nerves
It's exactly as much spoonfeeding as asking the question in the general, though.
>>
>>6254636
Bandai has way too much shit for that.The only problem I see is Dragon Ball SHF because they get like 5 figures a year at best. They were bitching so hard that they just left the SHF general. They were talking about non-SHF figures for a time before some faggots dropped them from discussion even though they happened just as often as SHF.

If you want to curtail generals, stop the TF generals. There're fucking 3-5 on the board at any given time.
>>
>>6254674
Depends how you look at it. In my opinion spoonfeeding is when someone is too lazy to go the extra step to take the most rational approach to finding the info they want, so they take the lazy option and rely on others to do the work for them. I don't really think posting in a general where half a dozen people talking about a topic are on hand to answer the question really classifies as that kind of laziness.
>>
>>6254677
>the way to fix generals is to get rid of the ones I don't like
>>
>>6254682
By your own definition there, anything that isn't just googling it is spooneeding, which includes asking in a general thread.
>>
>>6254645
>How many perfectly fine threads get met with "try asking the general"
Because for the most part everything one would need to know about any given topic is addressed right in the 1stpost of said generals. Or at least answered within.
It's like coming onto a board and asking "where can I find pictures of Harley Davidson Motorcycles?" and somebody sends them to Google.
Why ask a question here and wait hours/days to get a real answer when all you need to do is look in a General, or hit up Google? Chances are you're done in a few seconds.
>>
>>6254691
I dunno. If someone asks in the general it shows that they've at least made the effort to search and see if there's a thread they can ask in, rather than forgoing that step completely and just making a thread in the hopes someone will read it and help them out.

Spoonfeeding is basically a sign of laziness, which I don't think going to the effort of looking for a decent place to ask for help necessarily shows.
>>
>>6254650
>The guy you're replying to here. You've just basically agreed with me. We don't need thread IDs, you've just listed off half a dozen decent solutions to the problem.
Yes! But my point, which somehow disappeared, is that people here DON'T handle trolling that way.
It always devolves into name calling, pointing fingers, accusations, and shitposting.
At least with ID's you really can tell who's who, and know who and what you're dealing with.
Ideally, I'd say we don't need them. But I know how these fags are here, and any little bit might help.
>>
>>6254700
Then it's a moot point anyway because nothing will ever make people just Google things before asking on here anyway.
>>
>>6254701
Well in the same vein, isn't coming to the Japanese action figure imageboard looking for the appropriate place to ask a question?
>>
>>6254674
Not when 99% of the questions are usually answered in the 1st post.
But even then, retards have to pop in and ask the same stupid questions all through the thread, when all they need to do is read the opening post.

That's one of the reasons a sticky would do jack shit here. Nobody would stop and read it first.
>>
File: 1490366740669.jpg (804KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1490366740669.jpg
804KB, 2448x3264px
Naive question...What is and how it work this thread IDs???
>>
>>6254708
I think you might be exaggerating when you say 99%.
>>
>>6254718
So?
Why split hairs over the percentage? It's like you're looking for an argument.

What (insert favorite toy/toyline is)
Who makes it
Where to buy
Shipping types and prices
Release dates
How to order from overseas
When do I pay
etc,
All the basic info for a noob is right there.
No need for some dumbass to hop in 250 posts in the thread, or start a new thread and ask "Where's a good place to buy {XYZ}?
>>
>>6254711
It's an id for a user. You basically are assigned an ID on the board so people can see when someone posts. This id is unique so you could see it as your generated username. This prevents "samefagging" and obvious trolling for the most part or atleast it should allow people to recognize it.
>>
>>6254725
Thanks, helpful anon
>>
We've had this thread over a dozen times now, they never bother implementing anything, what's the point.
>>
>>6254730
>they never bother implementing anything
That's probably because nobody is able to come up with anything of value implement.
It turns into endless trolling and shitposts, and ends up getting deleted.
>>
>>6254729
No problem man.

>>6254741
Isn't /mlp/ the place to talk about pony's?

>>6254740
Id's, generals and stickies are always discussed yet I've never seen any comment on implementation so I wouldn't blame it solely on the trolls.
>>
File: architect.jpg (37KB, 284x385px) Image search: [Google]
architect.jpg
37KB, 284x385px
>>6254730
>We've had this thread over a dozen times now
>>
>>6254725
>ID on the board

Isn't it thread-specific? Hence "thread" ID?
>>
>>6254746
Not blaming it on the trolls. People here fuck things up on their own good enough. Once that's brewed up nice and foamy, THEN the trolls come and keep it going.
No. The blame goes square on the people here who can't stop shitflinging and arguing with each other.
>>
File: mib.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mib.gif
494KB, 200x200px
>>6254749
Could be I honestly don't know. I always assumed it was board specific but that does sound right.
>>
>>6254636
>And while we're at it, do we need Generals for Lego, Megabloks, and non-specific other building block systems?

/lg/ is one of the most active generals and I don't see why it shouldn't be here.
Also at least one "alternative building blocks general" would be good, otherwise /lg/ turns into a shitshow of people complaining about bootlegs.

>>6254645
It might make /toy/ faster, but I'm not convinced that that would be a good thing. I think it would just clutter the board with a lot of useless threads and fracture the fanbases of different companies/ lines.
There are a lot of different subgenres (or whatever you want to call them) in our hobby and I believe making generals for these subgenres is the best way to keep /toy/ structured
>>
>>6254552
what desk is that? been looking for a desk for a while and that one looks nice
>>
>>6254552
What shelves are those?
>>
>>6254768
When /toy/ started out, Generals weren't a thing. It was noting but threads about everything. Even duplicate threads. Pretty much the same as every other board here.
But, things change, site/board culture morphs, and now you'd be hard pressed to find a board that doesn't have at least a couple of generals.
If you've spent any time online and on regular message boards you see the same thing. It's just a trend.
And then you have the oldsters who bitch and whine about "Muh world's changin'", and the newbs telling them to keep up or shut up.

Funny thing; one day there'll be some new kind of "cultural" change on the boards, and those same newbs will be the oldsters crying about it.

It's just the way things are. Things change.
>>
>>6254785
If I remember correctly, they were just CD racks turned sideways and attached to the wall.
>>
can someone make a display thread? i'm too shy to start with my own first
>>
>>6254913
How about checking the catalog first.
>>
>>6254913
that's cute.
>>
>>6254921
i looked and couldn't find one. would you mind linking it?
>>
how slow /toy is, is actually part of the appeal. you can ask for help and someone else would reply to it when they spot, which sometimes takes days.
>>
>>6254552
Either make all statueshit, Western or Asian a violation of /toy or give those two their own generals
>>
>>6255277
Japanese figurines belong on /jp/. Period. It's been stated many times. No need for clarification on it, that's just the way it is.
>>
>>6254615
There actually two kinds of trolls in Neca Generals, the ones who defend Neca to their last breath and the ones who will shit on it no matter what and complain of everything no matter the topic.
Worst part is knowing that in a board this slow it only takes two people to derail an entire thread worth of good conversation and pics.
I agree, IDs would benefit the board in general, we all still be anonymous it would just stop samefagging, which is not an interesting aspect of conversation anyway.
>>
>>6255836
than a sticky should provide said info to help end the debate.
>>
>>6254552
Thread IDs would be good, as would spoiler tags.

Mods should be on the prowl for NECAnon posting and Subjectanon posting in particular. Those two and their imitators have ruined so many threads it's not even funny. In particular, some warning flags to look out for:
>"MUH SCULPT" posting
>"Die-cast always sucks and people who like it are deluded!" posting
>Anything about using wire coathangers as stands
>ACBA
>Talking about "Museum standards"
>Westabooish behavior in general
>Constant accusations of "trolling" without substantiation
>>
>>6255858
It's in the fucking rules:
https://www.4chan.org/rules#toy
2) Absolutely no Japanese figurines. Japanese action figures are permitted.
There should be no debate as it says very clearly they aren't allowed.
Where you post them is up to you, as long as it isn't here.
>>
>>6255836
What about western statueshit? It can't go on /jp/, no one on /co/ cares and it's not allowed here.
>>
>>6255863
1) I'm pretty sure the mods have a better view of the board than us. They probably know who's samefagging, evading, trolling, etc.
2) What you're basically saying is "ban things I don't like.",
>>
Everyone seems to agree that /toy/ needs a sticky, but what would it say?

Does anyone have those spoiler tags an anon made from one of these threads?
>>
>>6255876
>it's not allowed here
Says who?
>>
>>6255876
imho /toy/ is the only board where it would work, i don't even see the problem seeing as many here collect or once collected Mcfarlane's and already have limited articulation, we should just let stutue collectors have a general, a single general that makes people who like it happy won't hurt an entire board worth of action figures.
>>
I got to ask, why do people think Thread IDs is going to really be that effective? The worst trolls this board has will just keep trolling, hell thread IDs may make things worse. Suddenly the trolls seem to have increased in number because they are making multiple IDs

Is thread ID really going to help like people think?
>>
>>6255883
Do you have any clue as to how ID's work?
I didn't think so.
>>
>>6255879
>What you're basically saying is "ban things I don't like."
Nah, those are definite calling cards of Subjectanon, NECAnon and their imitators. And let's be honest- every time ACBA gets mentioned or that one prick starts screeching about how much better wire stands are, the thread in question immediately goes downhill.
>>
>>6255882
There is no problem, and they don't need to be kept to a single thread.
Western statues aren't against the rules.
>>
>>6255867
Let's keep voting people, should the results be keep growing we can just show it to a mod or something.
>>
>>6255882
I have always been ok with western 'statues' being on here. As long as they are things like those McFarlane statues, but those high end decoration porcelain/ceramic statues? No man, that's where I say it doesn't really belong here. But I will admit those probably aren't as big of a clutter, board wise as the japanese statues were.
>>
>>6255886
So?
Do you really need somebody to come and chase the bad mans away, when you have the power within yourself to ignore the trolls and shit posters, and people who don't agree with you?

You yourself said you recogize when those guys post, so just hit that little triangle in the post header, ignore them, and go on your merry way.
I guarantee you if you did that, a huge portion of the problem would be solved.
>>
>>6255884
Then HOW do they work? do they work off net IPs? can be gotten around. Do they work off the (you) system? Extremely easy to bypass by just having different devices.

No matter how it works, I bet a workaround will be found, and trolls will troll. Is it worth the trouble of implementing new systems?
>>
>>6255889
>that's where I say it doesn't really belong here
Too bad you aren't in any position of power to do anything about it.
What you say is irrelevant.
You have 3 rules here (plus the global rules) and they're as simple as can be. Either follow them, or go some place else.
>>
>>6255891
Ignoring the problem won't get rid of it though. They'll still be contributing to the image and bump limits of a thread and thus hastening its demise. They can still create threads of their own and knock better threads into oblivion.

Besides, if "just ignore them" would solve the problem then 4chan wouldn't have mods and janitors.
>>
File: Sylvanas.jpg (34KB, 342x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvanas.jpg
34KB, 342x500px
>>6255889
>>6255887
I think the main problem is that they don't exactly classify as toys, but truth be told, they have nowhere to go and a super-man statue has much more in common with a super-man statue than with a super-man comicbook.
My point is, either we have western statues here or have each theme separate by board, which would generate a lot of more threads all over 4chan, can you imagine having to go to /v/ to talk about Sylvanas statues and /tv/ for Vader's when you could just come here where we already can have both Sylvanas and Vader action figures being talked about in the same thread?
>>
>>6255898
>with a super-man action figure
>>
File: typical-''discussion''-on-toy.jpg (306KB, 900x647px) Image search: [Google]
typical-''discussion''-on-toy.jpg
306KB, 900x647px
>>6255895
>Ignoring the problem won't get rid of it though.
You won't even try. That's the sad part.

>They'll still be contributing to the image and bump limits of a thread and thus hastening its demise.
Wouldn't it be nice if there were some way to, I don't know, start a new thread once one dies. Too bad there's only a finite number of threads available.

>They can still create threads of their own and knock better threads into oblivion.
You can still create threads of your own and knock their threads into oblivion.

In all seriousness, go look in the archives at some of the more troublesome threads. Threads where there's been massive amounts of deleted posts. A huge portion of those are people waving their dicks at each other trying to out argue the other person. Most likely subjectanon (or the boogeyman du jour) and people who just can't stop taking his bait. If they'd have ignored him there wouldn't have been a problem.
>>
>>6255898
>but truth be told, they have nowhere to go
How many times does this have to be reiterated? Western statues are NOT against the rules for /toy/. There's no reason for them to go elsewhere, or be stuck in a single thread. The only "statues" not allowed are Japanese figurines.
Christ, why are you still arguing about this? It's a moot point.
>>
>>6255904
Because as long as the board's culture is "hurr, statueshit is not welcome" people will keep having their threads raided by shitposters.
An sticky saying otherwise might change the general board mentality in accordance to the rules.
>>
>>6255900
>5 out of 24
that's actually not bad.
>>
>>6255906
They don't read the fucking rules, they don't look through the catalog, how the fuck do you think a sticky is going to be any different?
>people will keep having their threads raided by shitposters.
Just like every thread on 4chan.
Sentai and Kaiju are allowed on /m/, which was strictly mecha for a long time. After they were allowed people to this day STILL shitpost about how Kamen Rider or Goranger aren't /m/.
It's just the nature of the beast. It won't stop.
>>
>>6255905
ok then Go make a statue thread. Do it. There is a reason we are talking about it. There are plenty of shitters who don't read the entire rule, and plenty of times mods delete that stuff.
>>
>>6255919
>ok then Go make a statue thread. Do it.
Why? I don't collect them.
Do you? If so YOU start a thread.
>There is a reason we are talking about it.
Yeah. For some odd reason you can't accept the fact that Western statues are allowed, and Japanese Figurines aren't, and you want to keep arguing about how they should be allowed and everybody should be made aware of it..
Look. You have a place to post about your statues. Be happy about it. Go do it and enjoy the freedom you have instead of arguing a point that is literally non existent.
>>
>>6255919
>There are plenty of shitters who don't read the entire rule,
And how is that your problem? They're the ones fucking up not you. Why are you taking on that burden.

>and plenty of times mods delete that stuff
Probably because the threads end up as endless shitposting because people won't do like they're supposed to do and ignore/report, without arguing with the shitposters.
>>
>>6255925
Pop quiz;
If you start a thread about a Stormtrooper statue and people are into it, and suddenly a wild shitposter appears with the "NO STATUES!!!" bullshit, what do you do?
>>
>>6254636
>How many generals are for literally only Bandai products? Toku, DBZ, Non-Toku Figuarts, Robot Damashii...
DBZ is the outlier here. Toku and Non Toku figuart threads make sense at the very least since Toku make up the most of Figuart releases.
If anything was to get spun out of a Non Toku thread, it would probably be Star Wars or Marvel since they get a lot of releases, DBZ just split because they are childish.

RD is basically an entirely different line that doesn't really compare minus that the same company owns both lines.
>>
>>6255934
>Star Wars
which is, in the purest meaning of the word, IS Toku.
>>
>>6255933
We try to ignore while said shitposter starts samefagging a discussion that ends up dragging other Anons to defend a point and ruin the thread.
Hence why IDs would be a good thing as well as a Sticky with more specific board rules.
>>
>>6255938
I'm curious how costly the ID/code would be site wide. It seems like an excellent way to kill most same fagging or at least make it so much an extra chore that it would slow down most from trying. That said I've notice if you just never give them (You)s they die away pretty fast.
>>
>>6255940
>I'm curious how costly the ID/code would be site wide
Not sure either, but they did do it on /b/ for a while.
>if you just never give them (You)s they die away pretty fast
Depends, i've seen some threads on other boards where there seemed to be a huge discussion/shiposting competition, after a while a mod came along and banned said shitposter, turns out it was only one or two guys samefagging the hell of the threads.

After a few months the shitposter stopped, but only because something happened, we still have no idea if he got tired, died or what...
>>
>>6255938
>ends up dragging other Anons to defend a point and ruin the thread.
Bingo. Right there. The onus is now on the posters and not the troll. Don't let yourself get dragged in by the bait. Don't blame the troll because you have no self control.
If they're intent on trolling and causing trouble, do you think they give a fuck about what the sticky says?

Also, did you ever think of that report feature in the header of each post?
>>
>>6255938
>Hence why
If I could reach you, I'd shove a rusty chainsaw up your taint.
>>
>>6255950
If you could reach me you'd be in another territory and have to articulate your complaint another language before giving me shit about my bad english.
>>
>>6254636

The main reason there are multiple building block general's is that LEGO people break into autistic screeching anytime any "knockoff brand" is mentioned.
>>
>>6254711

Some anon keeps bitching because he can't believe NECA is a shitty unpopular manufacturer and so many different people bitch about them, so anon wants thread IDs so he can prove samefagging even though there are a ton of easy ways to refresh unique IDs, especially when playing via a Phone.
>>
File: DJT on toy.png (37KB, 470x241px) Image search: [Google]
DJT on toy.png
37KB, 470x241px
I'd rather avoid thread IDs if we can...just IP ban Subjectanon (he's easy to find because he writes in a very recognizable style) and Necanon first.
Then wait and see if things improve.
>>
>>6255863

Boil Ur NECAs
>>
Jesus Christ, man, I hate those fucks as much as you do, but the image you posted spells out exactly where the problem is.
Dumbasses who take the bait and feed them by participating.
If they'd stop doing that the problem would die down.
>>
>>6254725
Actually it's a thread-specific code for an IP. One IP's code in one thread is different than its code in another thread. It makes samefagging much harder, and would curb a lot of the "dogpiling" in threads like the Nintendo general where it's usually just the same loud asshole pretending to be the hostile majority whenever someone has an opinion he doesn't like.
>>
>>6254595
>this thread
I told you that you'd find out why nothing came of it last time.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12626202
We may as well have a poll for spoilers.
>>
>>6254552
I would like it if this board was for toy and collectibles
It would allow us to show our Blurays and dvds linked to our favourite toys
>>
Question: why shouldn't we have spoilers? I see no problem with having them. Maybe I'm missing something?
>>
>>6256051
Whats the point to spoilers if everyone is over 18
>>
Also lego should have its own separate board /block/
>>
>>6256052
Not him, but we do have a lot of conversations over the stories from which toys are based on.
It's a tool that at it's best would stop you from finding out a character from a new moviee dies and at it's worse wouldn't get in anyone's way.
>>
>>6254552
>What patterns of /toy/-specific shitposting should unaware mods and janitors be on the lookout for?
Can they spot samefagging? Because most shitposting here starts with a troll making and extreme point and samefagging to pretend it's an argument and lure Anons.

Sure, don't feed the troll is the basic rule, but clearly people don't know better or don't care.
>>
>>6256052
For actual spoilers...? See >>6256057.
>>
>>6256068
True. Lots of posters here are just oblivious to a lot of common sense.
>>6256057
So you want there to be spoilers for the single reason of "someone might be discussing a movie that somebody else hasn't seen yet"?
Call it autism if you want, but I'm really against the idea of a board for toys having spoilers. It just doesn't need them.
>>6256055
No it shouldn't.
>>
>>6256051
I see no point in having them. Minus the odd time there is a discussion of a recent game or movie that ties to a figure or brand, we don't need spoilers when discussing toys.
Anytime I see people trying to use spoilers is when they shitpost anyway.
>>
>>6254636
They have tried combining DBZ with other figuarts stuff a couple times in the past. It never worked.

Why should we make rules in regards to generals? generals are something we the users create as we feel is necessary. We came up with the idea and it stuck, making anything about them 'official' rules wise will limit any sort of further creative change that may come down the road. Maybe generals will be replaced by some other concept, who knows.

Everyone is becoming so obsessed with making rules for the sake of having them. why?
>>
File: Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg (56KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
56KB, 320x240px
>>6256068
>Because most shitposting here starts with a troll making and extreme point and samefagging to pretend it's an argument and lure Anons.
This is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard come out of this board.
Rather than admit that;
1) Some of you twats are so autistic that you just can't use self control and ignore an argument.
2) You can't admit that somebody just might have a different opinion than you.
You come up with some whacko conspiracy theory about a single troll starting a mock discussion with himself just to lure you into an argument, so you can blame THEM for YOUR shortcomings.
My God in heaven. Some of you should be locked away in a looney bin.
>>
>>6256096

Probably a fresh wave of newfag Redditors who are irritated no one can follow their Ake internet points and know how amazing they are by their post history.

The entire point of these boards is to eschew that shit. If I want to say NECA is shit or Megabloks are as good as LEGO, it's ok if you disagree, but that doesn't mean I am a troll.

I'm sorry if it offends you to view contradictory opinions.
>>
>>6256106
if the "don't reply to trolls" doesn't work, what else should be done? because it clearly doesn't work and calling everyone stupid for being baited doesn't do the trick either.
>>
>>6254595
>This. I remember there being alot of discussion about this awhile ago but nothing ever came off it.
It's because what Hiro says and what the mods do are two completely different things.

Hiro acquiesced to "allow" a metathread on each board, but the mods (rightly) see this as a threat to their sovereignty, so most of the Hiro-approved metathreads end up being deleted very soon after the mods notice them. Hiro can then play ignorant because the thread is 404'd by the time anyone points out to him how the mods are ignoring his decisions.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/%22board%20discussion%22/type/op/

Notice the little trashcan icons next to every thread that was made on /tg/. That means the thread was deleted before it fell off the board.
>>
Most "shitposting" is actually just people expressing an opinion you don't like.

No "shitposting" should ever be punished.
>>
>>6256129
If they're anything at all like the ones we've had here, they're nothing but shitflinging and baiting by the time they get deleted.
They're not about trying to improve the board at that point, it's just dick waving and paranoia.
>>
>>6256123
Are we using everything at our disposal? If a troll thread appears, hide it. If troll posts appear in legit threads, hide those posts.
>>
>>6256137
>Most "shitposting" is actually just people expressing an opinion you don't like.
This.
Go look in the archives and see. Nine times out of ten it's one guy crying because somebody else dared to think differently.

>No "shitposting" should ever be punished.
Not true.
Genuine shitposting needs to go and be kept out of here, and we do have some from time to time. And it's blatantly obvious when it's happening.
>>
> We need to stem the shitposting problem on /toy/

Man, go visit almost any other board. We're probably pretty close tot he top for overall civility.
>>
>>6256137
There is a big difference between "hey, my opinion is contrary to yours because x" and "Everything related to x sucks and you suck for liking it, baby poorfag toys" etc. Same thing goes for defending stuff.
>>6256140
But what about the genuine opinions given by Anon in these threads? If anyone can sort shitposting from regular posters it's Mods.
Couldn't they at least adress the doubts and concerns, even a "i'm watching everything and nothing will change" would be goos, at least we know there's nothing to be done anyway.
>>6256142
But how that stops other Anons from feeding the troll and liking his comments all through the thread?
>>6256154
What boards have you being visiting? honest question, all the ones i go are about the same as here.
>>
>>6256154
this
obviously none of you have been to /v/ or /asp/
>>
>>6256156
>There is a big difference between "hey, my opinion is contrary to yours because x" and "Everything related to x sucks and you suck for liking it, baby poorfag toys" etc. Same thing goes for defending stuff.
No, there's no difference. If you don't like people being harsh on you, try another website.
>>
>>6256123
>because it clearly doesn't work
When's the last time you actually sat down and tried it for at least a day?

>what else should be done?
You tell me. There's 1 option. Ignore it and/or report it . That's it. If you won't do either of those, you're shit out of luck. Either learn to swallow and move on, or go someplace else.

>calling everyone stupid for being baited doesn't do the trick either.
If you honestly can't look at the situation and figure out that not feeding trolls and not taking the bait, along with reporting them is the only way to deal with it, then you have to be a little bit on the slow side of the field. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
>>
>>6256156
>If anyone can sort shitposting from regular posters it's Mods.
Exactly.
>Couldn't they at least adress the doubts and concerns, even a "i'm watching everything and nothing will change" would be goos, at least we know there's nothing to be done anyway.
So deleted posts and banned offenders don't give you some kind of idea that they probably are well aware of such things?
Do you REALLY need a Mod to step in, take you by the hand, pat you on the head and say "Don't worry Timmy, We're gonna get them for you Sport!"?
Are you THAT insecure?
>>
>>6256157
>>6256156

/tv/ is awful as fuck.

Do I need to even bother mentioning boards completely dedicated to shitposting like /b/, /pol/ and /r9k/ ?

/mu/ is pretty awful at being bunch of idiot snob fucks who hate on anything even remotely popular.
>>
>>6256162
Tell that to all the people replying to it and derailing the thread in the first place, as if ever had worked.
Also, it's not my problem if you have low conversation standards, if you don't like it people being rational on you, try another website.
>>6256163
What makes you think i don't? Does it stops others from doing it? Some times you just want to have a conversation but everything is swallowed up by "X sucks and you suck" and "X is perfect and you suck".
>>
>>6256156
>But how that stops other Anons from feeding the troll and liking his comments all through the thread?
It doesn't you dumbfuck. This whole time that's what people have been telling you. If ignoring doesn't work and reporting doesn't work, what do you fucking think will work?
As long as somebody gets a hard on from trolling, and as long as some dope is going to reply to them, you'll always have the problem.
What do you want? A hit squad to track down every IP address, and go out and kill the fucker's that are shitposting?
What the fuck do you want?
>>
>>6256171
>snob fucks who hate on anything even remotely popular
Ain't that the rule for almost all product consuming boards?
>>
>>6256185
A good start would be sitting down and talking about the problem and how to solve it, saying "it will never change" is so much of a moot point that, if true you might not even have to bother to say it.
Why are you so mad though?
No one here is trying to fight or anything.
>>
>>6256171
/wg/ is quite polite, usually the only threads that get shiposting are the ones involving politics.
>>
>>6256187

No, I mean we have Transformers Generals and NECA Generals.
>>
>>6256192
Because you keep repeating the same shit over and over expecting things to change. How do you plan to "solve a problem" when you have solutions in place, but nobody is following them? There are no new solutions to this.
Unless people start ignoring and reporting trolls, and stop taking the bait, there is nothing that can be done. No amount of discussion, civil or otherwise, is going to solve that.
>>
The real issue here is whether or not the "trolls" actually are a problem to begin with.
>>
>>6256208
There are legit trolls, and they're obvious.
-Dildo posts
-Aren't you too old to play with toys
-The 3A autist
-Jumping into a Figma General just to say "Figmas suck!!!"
-Posting "Eat shit I hope your mother gets raped by rabid clowns!!" in a thread for no reason
-etc
That's trolling.
"I don't like what you like"
isn't.
>>
>>6256212

Aren't the first two just memes?
>>
Fine, it seems i was blocked because mods think i'm complaing about 4chan, i'm honestly not, i like it here and just want people to have a good time talking about toys, but i guess i'm not being constructive, that's ok, i kind of asked for it i guess.
>>
>>6256217
Dildoposting is definitely a meme. Never heard of
> "Eat shit I hope your mother gets raped by rabid clowns!!
before.
>>
File: Shitposting.png (89KB, 1920x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting.png
89KB, 1920x1044px
On the subject of shitposting vs quality posting.
>>
>>6256230
Figures the autists would take everything literally.
>>
MAKE STATUESHIT LEGAL
>>
>>6254552
I don't think there is currently enough reason to implement IDs, but I would like spoilers implemented. There are so many movie toys that it would be a nice way to spoil the movie for those that havent seen it the week of.

Also allowing figurine discussions. This is a gray area for sure, allowing statues and such to be talked about. I personally don't see a problem, as long as miniatures for games are sent to /tg/.

Trolls are pretty obvious here and there seems to be enough activity by mods to control it.
>>
>>6256253
this. the only place i can learn about statueshit is facebook groups, and holy shit the average poster on those groups has 1,000,000 in liquid assets
>>
>>6256240
no u
>>
>>6256253
Honestly don't know why we haven't by now.
NSFW statues can go to /a/ but no reason we don't have a Statue general. They get spoken about often enough in other generals as it is.
>>
>>6254552
>Do you want thread IDs?

I honestly don't know.
Is there proof they really help?
It's not like there aren't ways to avoid them, if they work like explained in this thread.
I could easily post from home, mobile and work and would have three different IDs then.
If people are really determined to troll, act like they are more than person and/or shitpost, they will do so.
If IDs, only thread wide and not board wide.

I am pretty sure they are aware, they either a) might not care or b) don't think of certain posts as shitposting or c) are already taking care of them.
Someone not agreeing with you or acting like your general 4chan user is not shitposting.

> Should /toy/ have spoiler tags and image spoilers?

Why not?
I mean, there's no harm for them to be there and even if it's just used once a week by someone, who cares?

Regarding statueshit: I still think they aren't toys, which is why I honestly don't see the point why they should be posted here.
However, we already do allow some toys that are barely better than a statue (like Funkos), so eh. Give them a general and it's fine, and since this is a work safe board people can't post their waifu titty statues with cum on them anyway.

I think a general sticky would be cool. I do agree that most people would probably still not read it, but at least you can simply link to it then.
Basic information that covers pretty much all of us (list of popular stores, how to pay, what does EMS/SAL/etc. mean...), some short tidbit about the culture here (check catalogue and generals, read first post in generals, most important rules) would be enough.
Rest is covered in the generals.
>>
>>6256253

Can we trade statue shit being legal for banning Pops and Retro Reaction?
>>
>>6256306
>I mean, there's no harm for them to be there and even if it's just used once a week by someone, who cares?
Interesting you say that but object to a ID.
I don't see the harm in having IDs enabled myself. Unless you have the desire to go across boards and stir up shit. Sure you can use multiple devices and they are somewhat a doddle to get around but it helps identify some shitposters then so be it. Would help some generals out immensely to have IDs on.
>>
>>6256306
Adding: I personally think /toy/ is a pretty comfy board.

The pace is perfect, you can actually post a question and get back to it in a day, unlike the really fast boards where some stuff ends up on the last page after five minutes already.
This board feels more like a forum that regularly refreshes itself.

I don't mind the generals either.
It's easy to find "your" place to check for new releases, talk about specific lines, ask questions straight to the people who are most likely to be able to answer it.
And nobody stops you to still open up a new thread if you really think one of the existing generals doesn't fit, even if in some cases you have to deal with people telling you to use the general (which, to be honest, most of the time would probably be the smartest choice).

Some of the threads do have a, uh, difficult culture.
I'm not really having an eye on those, which is probably why I don't see much trolling/shitposting, but toy is definitely one of the nicer boards to post on.
>>
File: whenthere'sathreadyoudon'tlike.png (3KB, 404x56px) Image search: [Google]
whenthere'sathreadyoudon'tlike.png
3KB, 404x56px
If only there was a system to pick and choose the parts of the board that aren't problematic and stay relevant to your interests.
>>
>>6256313
It's mostly a "how anonymous is a board if you have IDs" thing and if it's worth any extra work if it can be bypassed so easily.

Adding spoilers is just some nifty extra that you can use if needed, like being able to upload more than one pic at once. It's definitely helpful, even if it's just helpful once in a while.
Adding IDs would be enforced on everyone and I am still not sure if they really help.
Is there proof that it lowers shitposting and trolling? If not I just don't see a reason why they should be there, it would make no difference then.
>>
>>6256175
>people are dumb so we should ban certain opinions
Just no. As long as someone doesn't post illegal/agaisnt the rules stuff, it deserves to stay.
Oh and it's not my problem if you're a special snowflake.
>>6256212
>There are legit trolls, and they're obvious.
>-Aren't you too old to play with toys
>-The 3A autist
>-Jumping into a Figma General just to say "Figmas suck!!!"
What if the person genuinely hates 3A or Figmas? What if the person really wants to ask about your age and hobbies? What if the person genuinely thinks toy x fans are complete retards?
These conversations do belong here. Again, because you don't like it doesn't mean it's trolling.
This website is pretty unique. No other website offering anonymity (which is a great deal because it's the very reason people can post what they really think) with such a huge userbase. Yeah, that means people can act like dicks but that's part of the deal. You don't come here to find another not reddit, another tfw2005, another fwoosh or such, you come here to talk freely about whatever you want with other people that are free to act just the way they want too. Keep asking for that type type of moderation and this place will be like all the other ones in no time.

I can't wait for people to get banned for using "nigger", "faggot" or anything remotely offensive. That'll be such an improvement!
>>
>>6256307
I know this post is a joke but there's too many plebs on 4chan now to ban stuff like that. Even /a/ has constant Naruto generals now.
>>
>>6256332
Considering all the ID does is tie your posts to a random collection of letters/numbers that refresh once in a while, I'd say it's the best way to have a way to keep track of people while allowing them to be anon.
There is still no karma/upvote system, or username to tie the posts you would make that day to your posts a week from then.
I'd happily have IDs if it dissuaded someone from shitting up a general thread and causing it to entirely derail.
>>
>>6256333
Post stuff that doesn't really add or contribute to a discussion is literally defined as shitposting though >>6256236

If you are advocating that this is an inherent part of 4chan that's ok, it does comes with anonymity, but people not liking something that the FAQ itself says to be shitposting is fine too.
>>
>>6256345
>doesn't really add or contribute to a discussion
Subjective.
As long as it's /toy/ related, there's no good reason to remove anything.
>>
>>6256333
>These conversations do belong here.
Yes they certainly do, but there's a difference between someone legitimately starting a conversation, and somebody shitposting. Remember the "Space Opera" guy, or Greg, or Vince and his Drossel shit?
People like that aren't interested in discourse. They post just to stir the pot, and there's no reason it should be allowed. Quality of posts is important. (See what >>6256236 posted.)

>because you don't like it doesn't mean it's trolling.
I agree 1000% which is why I've never said otherwise.

> As long as someone doesn't post illegal/agaisnt the rules stuff, it deserves to stay.
Agreed. But people are so eager to call somebody a troll, or a Boogeyman because they clash ideologically. And guys like subjectanon? I'd just as soon shove a dull rusty shovel into his throat, but if he's not actually breaking a rule, there's no reason he should be banned. Yet that's all I see is his resident stalkers with the hate boners screaming "BAN HIM BAN HIM BAN HIM!!!!!" Well, unfortunately, untill he does something the mods deem against the rules, he's not going anywhere.
>>
>>6256341
>if it dissuaded someone
That's what I'm saying.
IF it does that, cool, please add them.
Thread wide would be enough already while still keeping up the whole anon thing 4chan is known for.

I just doubt that they really help.
They can be avoided too easily, you don't even have to be a very determined troll to do so. And the determined ones are the actually annoying fuckers, not someone who wants to samefag once in a while without wanting to be caught.

It's also not clear if an issue really exists or if some people just can't deal with certain opinions and/or like to believe a certain majority truly can't exist.
Doubt people will be happy when IDs are added and shit stays the same.

I mean, we could test them at least?
If it helps, they stay. If not, we can still kick them.
>>
>>6256345
I think his point is that it's impossible to tell when someone is shitposting and when someone is expressing a genuine dissenting opinion (i.e. "NECA makes flimsy pieces of shit") and we can't ban having dissenting opinions in order to try and curb shitposting.
>>
>>6256350
Take a good look around sometimes. There have been threads that have strayed off topic big time, but yet the discourse is friendly, civil, and actually some real quality posting. Notice how some of those threads stay up even though they are technically off-topic. That's the way it should be here. It's building something of quality even though it's not about toys.
I think the mods approve of stuff like that. (otherwise it gets deleted)
>>
>>6256359
Not saying they should ban anyone, just that "quality posting" and "shitposting" are not subjetive, it's right there in the FAQ, while "NECA makes flimsy pieces of shit" might be a genuine opinion, it doesn't mean it adds anything to discussion, psoter is clearly not up for debate in the first place, so why say it if not just to get made to argue over it?
>>
>>6255880
>Everyone seems to agree that /toy/ needs a sticky
Do we?
>but what would it say?
"Where to buy" list of retailers
"What's this toy" look for a company/trademark/year stamp and google that shit
"What was that toy" Probably Multi Mac
>>
>>6256370
Isn't that the case for the opposite too though?
Saying “NECA is the best there is and ever will be“ is an opinion that clearly indicates there's no interest to discuss and maybe even a wish to rile up people (because even fans often don't agree with blind, die hard fans).
Just that if you kick out the negative ones you might end up with an echo chamber.

I agree that some posts are clearly supposed toto annoy and don't really contribute. Lots of posts do that though, and I think it's hard to draw a line there. Especially when some people tend to think not my opinion = clearly a troll.
>>
>>6256384
also this:
http://www.buyfags.moe/Shipping
>>
I would love to see a sticky that spells out all kinds of shit for people. Where/how to buy, what this is, what that is, even explaining some of our memes (You knoe, etc)
But the problem I see, which has been mentioned already, is that people won't look at it. The 10 minutes it might take to read through is too much for their minds to take, and they'll start right in with the same old same old.
As much as I'd like it, I strongly doubt it would be utilized.
>>
>>6256394
I do think it helps. It's just that the ones who read it will not write about how they did so; the only ones you see are the ones who didn't and post stupid questions.
For ten newbies you might have eight silent and grateful readers and two lazy fuckers.
>>
>>6256388
Actually yes, “NECA is the best there is and ever will be“ doesn't add much to discussion either, so it falls within the shitposting category, both the negative or positive versions had even a small question like "in your opinion what's the best/worst part about it?" it would already be more productive.
>>
>>6256394
you can always redirec Anons to the sticky if you spot something related, just as we do when people ask questions outseide thr right general, not a big deal of trouble imo.
>>
>>6256472
And then get bitched at and called a dick by people who are too fucking lazy to do so in the first place, and demand to be spoon fed.
>>
>>6256472
This, and when they still act like a dick then you can still chew them out.

Just would like to avoid a board culture where everything is answered with “read the sticky“. Some forums (non *chan ones) really suffer from that. Some people will blindly point to the sticky even though the asked question is not even answered in there/too specific to be answered just by the sticky.
>>
>>6256526
Then you can still tell them to fuck off and ignore them afterwards.
Without the sticky you are forced to type something up for them and then get hit with a stupid comment how this is too much to read.
>>
>>6256527

Not quite the same but Linux boards are awful for this.

> Post question
> This has been answered, closing, use search
> Use search, manage to find it
> Outdated answer no longer works.
>>
>>6256361

A little off topic is fine honestly,builds community. If the Lego thread goes on about the movie or Marvel General talks a bit about the comics, fine. Not every post or complete threads but it relates to the toys. It's not like we are a fast board.
>>
>>6255970
I question if that's where IDs would help becuse it feels more like one person baiting himself.
That or everyone that gets mad at other building bricks makes the same spelling errors and uses the same sentence structure.
Really that's why I love to see IDs
>>
>>6256529
>you are forced to type something up for them
No, you are still free to ignore them or tell them to fuck off and use Google. Quit being a bitch.
>>
>>6254636
i don't really use the generals but i see no harm in any of them really
>>
>>6256145
>Nine times out of ten posters are crying because somebody else dared to think differently.
Fixed that for you.

Most shitstorms on /toy/ are created by multiple posters ganging up on someone for having a different opinion.
>>
>>6256770
I disagree.
>>
>>6256777
Let's see what "caustic" opinions caused people to lose their shit that resulted in threads being pruned like fuck after sperging over someone's opinion
>Goblins are supposed to be shorter.

>Chun Li's style looks generic.

>statueshit should be allowed on /toy/
I especially like this one because of the sticky forever being deleted.

I never really paid attention to the feathers and dinosaurs thread, but I'm sure one or two or maybe all of the gentlemen weren't actually trolling for stating their preference.

>ib4 having any of these opinions is trolling because only one opinion is allowed
>>
>>6254552

500 post thread limits, and images raised to whatever is the norm for that.

Spoilers for pics and text, and thread ID's need to happen to stop the shitposters from being too autistic and also allow some spoilers when needed.
>>
>>6256353
>Quality of posts is important
>>6256361
>some real quality posting

There's no such thing as "quality" when it comes to posting. It's just a matter of opinion which is one of the problems with the actual moderation. If a mod doesn't like an opinion, he'll consider it as shitposting whether or not it was the intent of the poster. It already happens all the time, I can't imagine how bad it could be if we ask for "even less shitposting".
>>
>>6256706
You know what I mean, stop “being a bitch“.
Forced to type up = if you wanna help, you need to spend time on an answer. With a sticky you can just link to it, and if that person acts like a dick you at least wasted no time on them.

>>6256566
Exactly.
Or the thread in question ends with “nevermind, found the answer“ and it's not allowed to bump it up either due a necro rule.

>>6256979
I think if we raise the limit the board might get too slow.
For some generals it might work, but even with the current limit lots of threads are there for days, sometimes weeks.
Instead I'd love being able to upload more than one picture at once.
>>
>>6257030
>There's no such thing as "quality" when it comes to posting.
See the pic in >>6256236.
It says you're wrong. And it's official.
>>
>>6257045
The issue is not whether a post is quality or not and if there's a definition you can use to determine it. The issue is that it's hard to determine if a post is quality or not, even with the rules in place, because it relies too much on the opinion of the mod in charge.
>>
>>6257076
>The issue is that it's hard to determine if a post is quality or not,
Bullshit.
Read the post.
Does it line up with what's stated in the official FAQ?
Yes.
Then it's quality.
Is it the opposite of what's stated in the official FAQ?
Yes.
Then it's not quality and should be deleted.
Pretty fucking simple.
>>
>>6257131
Not the guy you're replying to but wheter it's quality is relatively subjective. People can, for instance, find a discussion that doesn't really progress between two anons to be shitposting. Yet not everyone would agree that the discussion should be considered shitposting.

The "rules" are vague enough that you can interpet them for your own views on shitposting. Let's go with the positive posts for instance. I would almost say the discussion you are having now is on the border of "positive" and is starting to turn into a argument without new points. Only shit that's already said before.

Might not be the best example but I guess you'll get the point.
>>
>>6257030
>It already happens all the time
Just so you know, IRC exists if you have problems.
It helps to build a case, so keep things saved.
>>
>>6257131
Yes, the rules are clear.
Some posts are pretty clear cut, lots of them aren't.
You say one post is shitposting because in your opinion the rules apply, someone else might think it doesn't.

Pretty much what >>6257144 said.
Quality can be extremely vague.
Most stated opinions without facts could be deemed as not quality. Saying you like X does not help a discussion, you are not interested in a discussion etc., it still would be silly to delete that.
Some off-topic stuff is helpful or just helps the mood in a thread, according to rules that's shitposting.
>>
The thing that always gets me about these threads is just how many people complain about generals and the lack of oc or independent threads, but you never see them actually suggesting/trying to start any of those threads themselves.

Because nine times out of ten they're the very same posters that would autistically shitpost it into oblivion and stamp out any attempt to have fun on this board outside of a general.

If i'm wrong then it's as easy as actually taking the initiative to make something themselves, instead of whining and complaining that no one else is making what they want, to show me that i'm wrong.
>>
>>6255881
Rule 1. Statues are not toys.
>>
All these "make statues allowed" idiots are awful. You're just as bad as the guy who said he wanted to post his DVDs here. This is /toy/, not /anyoldbullshityouhappentocollect/. Fuck off.
>>
>>6257350
Rule 2- Absolutely no Japanese Figurines.
These already have a place, which is /jp/.
Nothing in the rules says word one about Western Statues. Therefore, one could easily deduce that if they aren't forbidden, then they're allowed. Post a western Statue thread, and post Japanese figurine thread and see which one gets deleted.
>>
>>6257358
Western figurines, like army men and such, are fine since they're toys.

Western lawn ornaments, paper weights, candles and fish tanks are not toys, and thus don't fit on /toy/.
>>
>>6257358
>Nothing in the rules says word one about Western Statues. Therefore, one could easily deduce that if they aren't forbidden, then they're allowed.

Nothing in the rules says anything about hair care products. Does that mean you should make a thread about conditioner?

>Post a western Statue thread, and post Japanese figurine thread and see which one gets deleted

Both get deleted because statues are not toys. RULE NUMBER 1 COVERS THIS.
>>
>>6257368
Prove it.
>>
File: 1000_internets.jpg (109KB, 600x261px) Image search: [Google]
1000_internets.jpg
109KB, 600x261px
>>6257342
1000 internets says most of the people don't give a shit anyway, they just want something to argue about, and stir shit up.
"Thread ID's? Statues? I don't give a fuck, but here's a good thread to be a contrarian and stir up shit!!!"
>>
>>6257385
What, that rule 1 exists?
>>
>>6257391
Like the faggots in the BST.
>I never buy or sell anything I just call people scalpers and spend all my time trying to make them give people bro-prices.
>>
>>6257342
As one of those complainers I actually have. Honestly this board is inactive and has a somewhat shitty attitude so it's never worth it. If people learned to ignore trolls and shitposters it might work. A lot of the people who complain about lack of OC never participate. Or just spend too much time shitting on eachother (see photo generals). Which is why I pretty much lurk for news now and stopped giving a shit. There's a reason a lot of people have left.
>>
File: toy rules.jpg (34KB, 378x335px) Image search: [Google]
toy rules.jpg
34KB, 378x335px
>>6257368
>>6257385

Rule number 1 doesn't mention what's and what's not a toy. The whole "statues are not toys" is your own asspull, but not supported by actual rules. The reason statues are not allowed isn't because they aren't toys, but because the retarded rule 2, which is completely nonsensical.

Like I have said a dozen times in different threads: 4chan is the only place in the entire internet where statues aren't allowed on the same room than articulated figures. The rest of the world agrees the productions of kotobukiya and the like belong to the toys department, and should be classified as such. Once again, go to amazon or ebay, and look in which section you can find statues.

So, rule 2 is plainly contrarian to what the rest of the world have to say about this topic. So, who's in the wrong here? The bunch of anonymous posters in a japanese animation imageboard? Or the rest of the world, including collectors, dealers and producers?
>>
>>6257503
>So, who's in the wrong here?
Those who insist on posting Japanese figurines on a board that has a rule forbidding it.

You don't like being on a board that is so far in the dust, either lobby the people in charge (not just bitch and whine in a thread that most likely will be ignored by the people who can actually do something) to get it changed OR go to another, more progressive board where you can do as you like.
>>
>>6257503
>The reason statues are not allowed isn't because they aren't toys, but because the retarded rule 2,
Which doesn't say statues at all. It says Japanese figurines. Right there in the image you posted, clear as day. Statues aren't even mentioned.
>>
I would like to see a toy identification sticky with some of the most frequently asked toys. Not that those types of threads are a nuisance when they pop up, but it would be nice to have as a resource.
>>
Rule 2 only existed because of semen on figure stuff. We are all past all that so amend the rules to allow figures/statues and just ban the blatant porn.

Similarly, /a/ allows nipples for screencaps of shows, so in very rare cases where a figure does have realistic anatomy it should stay.
>>
>>6257469
This so much. I rarely ever visit /toy/, and when I do, I post once in a blue moon.

I usually frequent /v/, /vp/, and /fit/. All of those boards are infinitely better than /toy/ because there is FAR less shit posting. /toy/ is easily one of the most toxic boards on 4chan in terms of general attitude and shit posting. Hell, even /pol/ is better.

The problem with /toy/ is that it's such a small community with such a slow board. That not only gives trolls ample time to think of new methods of shit posting, but it also helps drive out even more GOOD members which fucks up the ratio of trolls to contributors.

I like /fit/ because you can get all the information you need without having your topic shitted up. /fit/ is basically meme central, and if you can deal with that, it's a pretty great board.

/v/ is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Sure there are trolls (trolls are everywhere), but it's such a fast moving board that people actually IGNORE the trolls.

/vp/ is pretty informative with leaks and stuff. Sure there are trolls, but the community either ignores the trolls, or laughs along WITH the trolls; thus robbing them of their power. It's also a fairly fast moving board, so people rarely ever waste time arguing the trolls. /vp/'s biggest problem is the fact that the board is basically comprised of people who I'm sure are underage, and that immaturity can be a little overwhelming for me sometimes.

But here on /toy/? Yea, the board is slow as molasses, so topics have a tendency to stagnate as a result. There also aren't too many consistent members here, but there are like 4 or 5 REALLY consistent trolls. So at any given point, you have 15-20 contributors and 4-5 trolls fucking things up. Whereas on a board like /v/, you may have 5-10 trolls, but 80-90 contributors at any given time.

I think ID's would help, since there's A LOT of samefagging on /toy/, giving the illusion that there are even more trolls than usual.
>>
>>6257739
>Rule 2 only existed because of semen on figure stuff
Nope That's rule 3.
Figurines go on /jp/. Always have.
>>
>>6254610
Agreed.
Transformers general keep making new threads as soon as (if not before) they hit bump limit. Taking no account into how slow a board /toy/ really is.
>>
It's funny.
Before there were generals, a lot of you fucks would yell and scream and throw fits because the board was "shitted" up with too many threads.
Now there's a way to avoid it, and you're complaining about generals, and not enough solo threads.
WTF?
Does nothing please you people?
>>
>>6257980
Anon, these people are all newfags.

All of them.
>>
>>6257503
>Rule number 1 doesn't mention what's and what's not a toy. The whole "statues are not toys" is your own asspull

Oh so I guess you should just post anything and everything.

The rules have nothing to do with the fact that statues aren't toys. They're statues. art pieces. Decorations. Not toys.
>>
>>6257995
>Oh so I guess you should just post anything and everything.
Sure. Go for it. Post whatever your lil ol heart desires.
>>
>>6257995
You're a particularly brand of dense, aren't you?

The rule 1 clearly states this board is intended for toys discussion. Nothing more, nothing else. Also, this is a blue board, so NSFW material is forbidden. And in case you're particularly retarded, rule 3 also states a particular kind of NSFW material isn't allowed either.

So this board is intended to be a SFW board for toys discussion. As written in the rules.
>>
>>6258537
And since statues aren't toys, they violate rule 1.
>>
>>6258575
And back to square one, or more accurately, this post: >>6257503

Statues belong to the same category than toys according to the rest of the world. The only reason we have this discussion at all, is because someone wrote the most retarded rule ever when rule 2 was added. In fact, by merely applying some basic logic, is quite evident whoever came with rule 2 was implicit agreeing statues are toys.

>/toy/ is for toys discussion
>Clothes, paints or religious icons aren't toys.
>Therefore we don't need a rule to explain threads about clothes, paints or religious icons are forbidden.

>Statues are toys.
>People would discuss about statues on here. (Even with rule 2, more often than not we get threads about statues in here)
>"B, but I don't want to! Stop liking what I don't like!"
>Therefore, rule 2 came to existence.

Isn't that hard to understand it, is it?
>>
There's a reason western statue threads get removed here, and it's really simple and obvious:

THEY AREN'T FUCKING TOYS
>>
>>6258633
toys have articulation, statues do not
/discussion
>>
>>6258651
Articulation is irrelevant. Plenty of toys don't have articulation.

Statues are simply not play things at all. Thinking about this for a second makes it clear.
>>
>>6258639
I don't need to.

According to your (stupid) logic, figma shouldn't be allowed here because they include in their description "This is not a toy", just like most kotobukiya or neca products.

Stomping on the ground while moaning "not a toy" doesn't address the most basic point: what are they then? Why figma, which their own producer claim they aren't toys, are treated and sold as toys? Because the warning is not indicative of their classification, but their handling. This applies to both, articulated and non-articulated figures. In other words, when they write on the package "Not a toy", they don't mean these aren't toys, they mean these shouldn't be treated as such.

Is simple logic.

That a single aspect of the whole is different to the rest of items within the same group, doesn't mean they aren't part of the same group. To put a random example, the fact that some dogs can't hunt to save their lives doesn't mean they aren't dogs. They are just a different kind of dogs, like the shar_pei, the chihuahua or the boxer.

For the record, I fucking hate chihuahuas. But I won't get mad over someone posting pics of their chihuahuas on a dog owners group.

>>6258651
>Green soldier men
>>
>>6258664
>That a single aspect of the whole is different to the rest of items within the same group, doesn't mean they aren't part of the same group. To put a random example, the fact that some dogs can't hunt to save their lives doesn't mean they aren't dogs. They are just a different kind of dogs, like the shar_pei, the chihuahua or the boxer.

But they are all dogs, while statues ARE NOT TOYS.
>>
File: Wow_what_a_great_toy.jpg (8KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
Wow_what_a_great_toy.jpg
8KB, 191x264px
The only thing this has in common with toys is that it's kinda in the same shape.

I've collected plenty of statues over the years, and they're pretty clearly not anything close to toys. There's no reason to ever discuss them here. This is a silly debate.

If /co/ doesn't "care" about them, it's just too bad. You don't need to discuss everything on 4chan.
>>
File: lego-red-brick[1].jpg (2MB, 4116x3436px) Image search: [Google]
lego-red-brick[1].jpg
2MB, 4116x3436px
>>6258674
Do you even own any modern figma? Have you seen that tag with the text "Warning: This is not a toy" on the box?

>Idiot.
Heh, someone's mad.

>>6258677
>But they are all dogs, while statues ARE NOT TOYS.
>Because I said so!

And I said they are toys, nuff said.

>>6258702
Really? Have you not paid attention at all through the entire thread? You could keep all day long bitching that a bonsai is not a tree, but until you bring a better definition of what's a tree and what's not, bonsai will be classified and accepted as trees, and found on the gardening area. Similarly, crying and moaning all night over "this and this and that are not toys" won't change the fact the rest of the world disagrees and qualifies them as such.

In other words:
>The only thing pic related has in common with toys is that it's made of the same material. They don't even have a humanoid shape.

C'mon, don't be a dog chasing its own tail, coming back and back to the same point. At least dogs can learn new tricks.
>>
>>6258727
>And I said they are toys

You're wrong. Have fun with that.
>>
>>6258736
not an argument.
>>
>>6258738
Oh, did you were expecting him to form a coherent argument? I mean, right after he wrote "ARE NOT TOYS" (because I said so) it was pretty evident he had fallen into "No, you!" territory. Expecting any better of him... was being pretty optimist desu.
>>
>>6258751
"Because I said so" is not a good reason to say solid repro sculptures in resin or porcelain are toys either.

Either of you mongoloids can feel free to pull your heads out of your asses and check the definition of "toy."
>>
>>6254556
EVA guide in sticky. It's been a recurring thing fo ryears
>>
At least we managed to have this thread go on for a long enough while and reach some good points before it had devolved into a rule 2 argument as usual.
>>
>>6258776
>Either of you mongoloids can feel free to pull your heads out of your asses and check the definition of "toy."

> toy
[toi]
noun
an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.

Statues, like lawn gnomes, paperweights, and trophies, are not playthings.
>>
>>6258785
It has nothing to do with rule 2
>>
File: 1439501320692.jpg (34KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
1439501320692.jpg
34KB, 310x320px
>>6258786
>Statues, like lawn gnomes, paperweights, and trophies, are not playthings.
Says fucking who? Also don't think nobody noticed how you conveniently ignored the "small representation" part, which statues fulfil.

I'm hiding this thread and going to bed. Either you're fucking pigheaded and stubborn for no reason, or you're fishing for (you)s. Either way, it's clear you won't be convinced that statueshit on /toy/ is no big deal.
>>
>>6256332
>"how anonymous is a board if you have IDs"
If you make it work like /pol/ it's just string numbers to a single IP to a single thread till midnight US eastern. So it stays reasonably anonymous and as shared just kills the shitposting or at least shows that 30+ thread in fight was just two people, and if it's anything like /pol/ and they are samfaging they will fuck up and reply to themselves as the other poster showing it was just one anon trying to shit things up.
Honestly ID/codes can only help boards not hurt them
>>
ITT: Posters proving why 4chan isn't a democracy and why the administration is better off not listening to its users on how to run a forum.
>>
>>6258792
>Also don't think nobody noticed how you conveniently ignored the "small representation" part, which statues fulfil.
>it fulfills one(1) of the requirements so it's that thing
>>
>>6258824
Honestly if that happened i wouldn't mind seeing how viable the toychan idea we had yonks ago would turn out.

A 4chan clone that keeps the anonymity but just for toy discussion, probably with a SFW board for figures (like /toy/ is now), a NSFW and SFW for statues/figurines and another just for photography and toy-based quests.
>>
>>6258912
Great, an even slower imageboard. That's what we need.
>>
>>6258913
Exactly! Glad you agree.
>>
>>6258792
It clearly says “thing (that can look x) to be played with“.
Not “thing that can look x is toy“.
The representation part just means a action figure of Luke Skywalker is as much as a toy as a bunch of Lego bricks as long as it can be played with.

Honestly, why should a statue be a toy?
You can't play with your general collectable statues and they are not advertised as such.
They are a collectable decoration piece.
Why are you people so hellbent on posting them here?

And the “not a toy“ labels on something like a Figma is to prevent people from giving them to a kid (because toy = for children) who will just destroy it or swallow small parts.
Playable collectable figure or something probably fits best to describe figures that are far from being suitable for kids, at their very core are still a toy though.
>>
>>6258936
Adding, because I know you will latch onto that: change “can be played with“ to “are made to be played with“.
You can play with everything, that does not make a paper roll a toy by definition since it was not made for that purpose.
>>
>>6254757

It's thread specific.
>>
Figmas. It says "not a toy" right on the box. And they aren't toys.

Japanese action figures are what they are, and according to rule 2, they're permitted.
Period. No room to wriggle and squirm and try to find loopholes and alternate definitions.
>>
>>6259121
Do you play with them? Or just set them on a shelf to look at? If it's the latter, it's not a toy.
>>
>>6259121
People have actually been using the argument that because Figmas are labeled "this is not a toy" that they shouldn't be allowed according to rule 1.
My only reason for posting what I did was to point out to those people that it doesn't matter, as they are covered in rule 2.

Nice of you to completely miss the point and be a complete ass.
>>
Where exactly would I go for discussion of things like begleri bead slinging, finger spinners, tops, dexterity skill objects, etc?

They are toys in the very literal sense that you play with them. I haven't seen them on this board, though.
>>
>>6259102
>Figmas. It says "not a toy" right on the box. And they aren't toys.

It says "action figure" right on the box. Action figures are toys.
>>
>>6254614
>thread IDs

No, this board is slow and there are barely any trolls
>>
>>6259286
>and there are barely any trolls
I've seen threads constantly derailed because of a few (and same) shitposters. The Kaiju thread is one of them, Transformers thread as well but those generals are garbage in general (no pun intended).

Also would benefit the BST thread, as not everyone wants to use tripcodes for some reason.
>>
>>6259259
Despite there being at least 2 threads in the catalog right now.
>>
>>6259275
Point being...?
Read the later post.
>>
>>6259259
They are allowed here and can be posted too, they just don't attract that much interest.
They do pop up once in a while.

Everyone can buy figures and fiddle around with them a bit, but skill toys and the like require to play around with them for longer and learn using them. Most people here on this board just want to buy figures and maybe pose them once in a while.
>>
>>6259286
The slower the board, the fewer the trolls needed to fuck with it.
>>
>>6259818
But you make it sound like it's one or two people, when it's not
>>
>>6258807
>if it's anything like /pol/ and they are samfaging they will fuck up and reply to themselves as the other poster showing it was just one anon trying to shit things up.
The one time I went to /pol/, I saw this. Some fag was pretending to be both a libtard and a conservacuck and made it through the whole thread without understanding why everyone was laughing at him instead of taking the bait.
>>
>>6266201
We've had tripfag trolls who would samefag. Sometimes they would forget to drop their trip.

We had one guy go anon to whiteknight himself, and in the middle of his rant, he forgot and started using "me", "my" and "I", instead of "They", "them", etc.
>>
I agree with the ID's in threads.

I can't stand that NECA fanboy defending them at the slightest mention of a minor flaw.

Who the fuck thinks boiling a figure after taking it out of the package so you can play with it is normal and not a sign of a shit product?
>>
>>6254556
A sticky where the only info is using floor polish to fix loose joints
>>
>>6254636
Believe me you do not what LEGO people and MegaBloks people in the same thread.
>>
>>6266602
Jews and Arabs with tiny plastic people....
>>
>>6266592
What about what you're doing?
He's annoying as fuck, but then on the flipside there's people like you who constantly have to tell everybody it's a shit company.
Your kind is just as annoying.
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.