[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you bought one yet /toy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 66

Why haven't you bought one yet /toy/?
>>
File: 20170325_185144.jpg (911KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170325_185144.jpg
911KB, 2048x1152px
>>6251951
I did

It's fun to wiggle them when they spin
>>
>>6251998
I got a black one too.
>>
File: 654.jpg (41KB, 403x420px) Image search: [Google]
654.jpg
41KB, 403x420px
>>6251951
What am I looking at
>>
>>6251951
>>6251998
>ball bearings in a hunk of plastic

When I was a kid I found a skate shop and was blown away to find out I could customize my flea-market deck with custom wheels, trucks, bearings.... Weeks later I came back with all my money and bought some "German" bearings and low profile wheels. Couldn't afford the Swiss bearings that felt nicer. And then someone broke into my garage and stole the seven.
>>
>>6252489
>seven
Deck, phone. Deck.
>>
>>6252466
it´s a fidget toy

you hold the middle with 2 fingers and spin it
due to the ballbearings it spins quite long

wiggling it while it spins and feeling the centrifucal force working against you is kinda nice.
>>
>>6251951
I don't have mental problems.
>>
What's this one called?
>>
>>6252506
Gtfo
>>
I actually had never heard of these before a company offered to send me one to review/promote.

I'm looking forward to it arriving, but really don't know what I'll get from spinning it.
>>
Why are there so many videos about these acting like it's a super serious sport?
Is it to justify the price people charge for these?
Is this the new cup stacking?
>>
>>6252869
Fidgit spinner
>>
>>6251951
Because we already have better toys?
This thing is targeted for normies who don't clutter their desks with 20 or so toys and figurines.
>>
>>6252896
You can do tricks with them, but idk for myself and I think most people it's just something to fiddle with. You can get all serious and pretentious about pretty much anything if you try hard enough.
>>
>>6252896
most of the vids I've seen about them are custom made ones/showing off the higher priced ones so others don't have to buy them or even DIYs. I've never seen a vid trying to justify spending on them though.
>>
>>6252489
>keeping expensive shit small enough to be kept in any room in the easiest to break into part of your house

dumb child
>>
>>6251951
I just honestly don't see the point. What does it give you that you can't do in your head?
>>
>>6252896
>>6253011
The only metal spinner worth getting IMO is the falcon. Everything else is overpriced, and if it isn't overpriced it's shitty and loud.
I should get a CNC machine so I can make bank off of whatever the next EDC fad is.
>>
Because I 3D printing my own
>>
>>6251951
What the fuck am I even looking at op?
>>
>>6255704
Its a hand fidget spinner desu. Its really comfy to spin it around. Kind of like clicking a clicky pen.
>>
modern fedora tipping
>>
>>6252466

An autism tool.
>>
>>6251951
I want this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP-tqMKqDAQ
>>
>>6256288
>using air to make spinning metal disk
i want some one to make a beyblade like this.
>>
File: 1342321331756.jpg (47KB, 655x560px) Image search: [Google]
1342321331756.jpg
47KB, 655x560px
>>6252896
>cup stacking
i almost forgot this was considered a "sport" at one point...
>>
EBay has Chinese ripoffs for half the price, so they're kinda fucked on that regard.
Also I have a nendoroid and minibots at my desk I fuck around with already
>>
>>6256314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhFFPispqo
He did that too
>>
more like IDIOT spinner, amirite, friends with proper working brains? XD
>>
>>6257236
The Chinese knockoffs are identical because the same manufacturers make them.
Same thing happened to the Fidget Cube.

That's what you get for outsourcing.
>>
>>6257245
>putting your unprotected hand that close to super fast spinning razors
that hurt to watch
>>
File: 20170329_182108.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_182108.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
r/battlestations checking in.
>>
>>6258326
Lul fek you image
>>
>>6258326
>if it's upside-down there's Aussies around
>>
I dont have autism
>>
Don't get one like the OP pic, imo it doesn't address what a spinner is for - it's too big to spin back and forth one handed, and too poorly weighted to produce a spin any longer than 60 seconds, max.

So all you can do with it is hold it with one hand, spin it with the other, and watch it stop as fast as just about any random kitchen knife you felt like spinning.

A good spinner is small enough that you can get it going in one hand, rest it on a single finger and watch it go for a good... well, even with a gateway spinner, it should be at least four minutes, not just one. Four minutes is strange and satisfying. One minute is, again, basically just the equivalent of spinning a spoon.

Some good cheap ones for this are the X and Y from Spinetic, ($35-40), and the Falcon as mentioned in this thread already. ($35)

Considering that the big plastic ones are $20 anyway, it's not a leap at all to just go ahead and get one that actually works.
>>
>>6258235
Eh, not quite. Depends on what sorts of spinners you're looking for. Most of the good ones don't outsource, which is why they're barely ever in stock and everyone who tries to copy them ends up with a wobbly mess.

Turns out it's difficult to try to outsource to China when you're trying to make a precision weighted product down to the last ball bearing. The fact that they have to make them here to be able to oversee production is usually what results in the ridiculously high prices all the best ones have.

But yes, some of the lower effort ones that average 2-3 minutes spin time and tend to break if you drop them are freely available in exact duplicate form on Amazon for like $15, which can be an option if you're okay with having to be gentle with it.
>>
File: cameringo_20170329_160235.gif (980KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
cameringo_20170329_160235.gif
980KB, 320x240px
>>6253076
As far as physical feedback goes, the feeling of it spinning against your skin, the balancing you have to do to get it to stay spinning on a single finger, and the sensation of the centrifugal force working against you if you tip it a bit, are all amusing.

Not entirely related to sensations, but still very important - possibly the most important - is the fact that the act of spinning takes up small amounts of time, energy, and awareness. Translation: They stop you from being bored.

They also stop you from doing your usual boredom response that you might want to be training yourself to stop doing.

For example, you might start spinning your spinner in your pocket because you're spacing out, and normally in this situation you'd pull out your phone and aimlessly flick through social media... but you've noticed that doing that offers no satisfaction and makes you look like a bad friend/irresponsible employee who's "always checking facebook". Spinning offers something else to do that does not actually provide ordered input, but does keep you occupied enough to be more focused on other things.

Another good example is mouth chewing/nail biting/hair pulling/whatever gross shit you do. You can spin whenever your restless body wants to be fucking eating itself instead.

There's also the showboating aspect - they don't require any effort to use, but since they spin for like five minutes at a time balanced precariously on a fingertip, people assume you practiced this mad skill and are a master of prestidigitation. It's like how people learn to pen flip, except it looks crazier and requires far less effort.

And, still on the showboating topic, there's the "shiny new car" aspect among friends who spin - you can show off your model and make them jealous. Which is pointless, but people do it with even more stupid topics, it's human nature.
>>
>ITT: plebs

Take the true fidget-pill.
>>
>>6259353
Or you know, people will see you playing with what looks like a baby's rattling chewing toy and associate you with one of those mentally handicapped folk.
>>
File: AXyC3Br.jpg (864KB, 3226x2419px) Image search: [Google]
AXyC3Br.jpg
864KB, 3226x2419px
>>6259489
Only the model that recently started trending with the masses recently looks like that. Most are made of metal and basically look like throwing stars.
inb4 mall ninja comparisons

That's weird when you mention it, though. I have no idea why the dorkiest looking spinner became the definitive common one.
>>
>>6259701
where can i get the 2nd from top right?
>>
>>6259706
The one with the ball or the one with 4 arms?

4 arms is the Spinetic X Spinner

I don't know about the other one.
>>
>>6259701
Because it's the cheapest, of course.

You're dumb if you go for a $40 right away without even knowing if you'll like it.
>>
File: Ut5ol9o (1).gif (1B, 486x500px)
Ut5ol9o (1).gif
1B, 486x500px
ITT: Autismos love yo-yos.
>>
>>6259449
I have one, and they offer a wider range of feedback, but none of it is as satisfying as the feedback of a spinner. Some of it is admittedly close. The switch is my favourite side of the cube due to the loud, ponderous clicks it makes, but that makes it impossible to really enjoy in public, even in a private office. Spinners are silent, or noisier models can at least be lubed silent.

Incidentally, the iSpin looks like a pretty damn promising "bag of tricks" version of a spinner, be the same way a Fidget Cube hits all the important parts of manual fidgeting.

The idea is simple: It's a tiny solid disc that spins, and up to 6 arms can be easily attached and detached. So you can use it as a one arm spinner, bi spinner, tri spinner, x spinner, all 6, unbalanced (as many as you want on just one side), or just as the disc for a really discreet pocket spin.

It's $15. I think I'll be getting one.
>>
>>6251951
I don't fidget in public, and it doesn't seem as beneficial as the powerball I use at home
>>
>>6257596
So not you. Also, it's unlikely that you have friends.

I don't have a need to fidget, but I like that these can be casually purchased on the market and not some med tech company selling them for ridiculous prices.
>>
>>6260873
Personally what I get out of it that balls don't have is the passive factor. You can spin a spinner and let it whirr on your finger for five minutes while you're making pasta, you can basically ignore it.
Though stress balls are also pretty damn great. In my house me and the SO keep all sorts of things for that, balls, spinners, cubes, putty, begleri, etc.
>>
>>6251951
But I did.

I bought a cheap plastic one off Amazon for like ten bucks and it broke in five minutes so i fixed it with some black duck tape and I can't stop fucking playing with it.

I bought three more metal ones of various design and i seriously look forward to playing with them too, and I'm following some Scottish fuck on YouTube who's making titanium ones in his workshop so that eventually I can pay out the ass for one of those because the ones he's working on look pretty neat

I have ADHD pretty bad so having a constantly accessible outlet for my restlessness is pretty nice
>>
I work at a local toy store and we get like 5 calls a day from children asking if we have these.

Stupid things fly off the shelf.
>>
>>6260949
>putty
love putty and clays. Origami is also a great fidget thing I find.
>>
>>6251951

>Check mail one morning
>something round packed in popwrap
>after examining the chinese marks, I figure it's Ali Expres
>Open package
>inside are three metal wheels of the thing OP posted, but not the chasis
>have no clue what it is
>Check gf's ali app purchases to find what it is
>..
>..Autism spinner three wheel reserve
>0.36€

This shit literally panders to autists

Good laugh was had when girl found out it's a) for autists and b) she only bought the wheels
>>
Got my two metal autism spinners in the mail today

cleaned out the bearings with alcohol and lubed them with a drop of valve oil

they're super quiet and smooth and heavy and satisfying to use

seriously don't knock 'em just because autists enjoy them, they're quite soothing
>>
So whats a good one to get for long spins and it being quiet?

I got one from a friend but its kinda loud and stops after 30 seconds.

I like the ninja star looking ones
>>
>>6251951
is there one with a stick where it's attached to a chain or rotating weight and you can spin it holding the stick?
>>
>>6262453
>cleaned out the bearings with alcohol and lubed them with a drop of valve oil

>they're super quiet and smooth and heavy and satisfying to use

Why should I trust your opinion anon you sure sound like you have autism.
>>
File: 2017-04-01 23.56.44.jpg (172KB, 389x691px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-01 23.56.44.jpg
172KB, 389x691px
Got a cheap one earlier for five bucks.

Its cool but doesnt spin for very long, squeaks a bit, and one of the caps on the weights already fell off which sucks.

I ordered the tri-black one in >>6259701 on the bottom row off of amazon (or one that looks like it) and some brass button caps for the center so hopefully it feels nicer and spins longer.

I fidget a lot myself (bouncing my legs, cracking my knuckles and bones, click my pens etc etc) and it does seem to help when I'm just out and about and spinning it.

The design for this one is kinda clunky but hopefully the metal one is better.
>>
>>6262965
>click my pens
>read that as 'click my penis' at first
My brain took me on quite the 5 millisecond ride there, lemme tell ya.
>>
>>6259449
Nice Chinese knock-off
>>
>>6251951
I got one for free and I fucking hate it.
>>
Because my mind when its bored doesn't want to spin some crappy thing, it want's to create something and as such this would provide me with about 5 minutes of wonder and excitement before It gets tossed into some drawer somewhere.
>>
>>6256328
I still remember when they were shilling those things at my school.

I can't believe I actually wanted a set.
>>
File: acrylic.jpg (43KB, 371x400px) Image search: [Google]
acrylic.jpg
43KB, 371x400px
I bought this one, its about the size of a half dollar.
I took the buttons off a knockoff torqbar I had and put it onto this one. Its small enough to not be obtrusive in my pocket and not look ridiculous if I'm just spinning it while waiting in line somewhere. It's no 7 minute spin or anything but what are you going to do with anything that spins for a minute or more?
>>
>>6265868
Eh, I'd actually argue that it stops mattering around 3 minutes. Sometimes I like fingertip spinning, and if that doesn't go on for a little while, there's limited enjoyment to be had there.
>>
File: Tracer_Spray_-_Pulse_Bomb.png (121KB, 362x373px) Image search: [Google]
Tracer_Spray_-_Pulse_Bomb.png
121KB, 362x373px
>>6259701
Where did you get the bottom middle one? Kinda want it since it looks like Tracers Pulse bomb.
>>
>>6265921
I googled that image. I only own four spinners myself and none of them are that very popular angular trispinner design. I'd check fasttech though, it reminds me of some things they have. Or maybe fidgetla.
>>
>>6251951
So this is the new meme toy. I've been seeing these things on high school kids a lot lately.
>>
>>6252879
>only those with mental problems allowed
>>
I saw a video some time ago on how to make one (homemade hacks crap) and had no idea WTF they were making. Why would I want to drill holes in a piece of wood and stick ball bearings in them? Then I found out what there were supposed to be and that people actually buy them. And then I wept for humanity.

At least fidget cubes are neat little engineered toy boxes. I can only assume this is popular with people who have never played with bearings before.
>>
File: riptire ready to roll.jpg (75KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
riptire ready to roll.jpg
75KB, 570x760px
>>6265921
I like that one. I have one of Junkrats wheel but that one doesn't really spin more than a few seconds
>>
>>6268612
>people are spending money on toys to fidget with instead of animu waifus to hotglue, what is the world coming to
>>
>>6251951
can you spin it from any of those metal gimmicks, or does only the middle one work?
>>
>>6269943
Just the middle one, the other ones became a design convention of the plastic models just because the first people 3D printing them had extra bearings laying around and needed to weight it in some way.
You'll notice that in metal spinners these aren't used because they're already heavy enough.
>>
I had a 3d printed one but it broke
was ok, but I prefer pen spinning for my fidgeting
>>
File: 2017-04-07 11.57.33.jpg (368KB, 576x1023px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-07 11.57.33.jpg
368KB, 576x1023px
>>6262965
Here, got my new spinner. Out of box it spun for almost 4 minutes on a table and 3 on my fingers

The metal is incredibly smooth and dense and it spins so nicely. Its very well balanced and although I would have preferred a matte finish, the glossiness of it isnt bad.

Unfortunately the brass caps dont fit.
>>
do you know why they call them spinners?

when you see someone with one you spin 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>6259701
middle one reminds me of this
>>
>>6251951
Me mum got me one
it's alright, fun to mess around with
>>
What's the appeal of these? It spins for a bit and then it feels kinda cool if you wiggle it but it gets boring after 5 minutes.
>>
>>6276881
>>6268612
the people who get the most out of it are those who have issues with biting fingernails, clicking and spinning pens, and other nervous energy ticks when largely idle for large periods of time. Really not a 'OMG SUPER FRIGGIN AWESOME sort of thing, the coolness aspect of some of the designs when spun does help a bit and keeps things a little interesting, but it's mostly just a tool to easily and rather discreetly keep your fingers occupied. Normies who don't know any better get impressed by your 'mad skills' if they do see you messing with it not realizing it takes no practice to keep it spinning.

this is one of those things where if you can't understand the 'appeal' then you probably never will because you underestimate how much of a pain nervous ticks can be to a person.
>>
>>6259449

>6 sides

you are like a little baby
>>
>>6252497
No what's it called
>>
>>6259701
Just order a similar one to the bottom left. How is it?
>>
>>6277183
It is called a fidget spinner.
>>
>>6258326
It's right side for me. Probably because I'm from Australia.
>>
>>6251951

Because I'm not a fucking spaz?
>>
File: IMG_5505.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5505.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Fidget spinner folding knife! fidgetknife.com
>>
File: D20-Spin-Ring[1].jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
D20-Spin-Ring[1].jpg
50KB, 640x480px
I already did.
>>
are there fidget toys that are similar to a zippo lighter flipping open and close but aren't actually lighters?
>>
>>6279837
How do I keep it from opening and slicing all my fingers off?
>>
>>6279958
git gud
>>
>>6279905
The misses and I both backed the KS campaign for this as a joke and it turned into a month long back and forth to get one that wasn't crushed or stolen right out of the USPS box. Complete waste of time.
>>
Just bought a chinese cube for 5 bucks.
Bretty good quality, cept for the spinner part.
>>
is this /toy/'s version of vaping/eciggies
>>
I ordered one today actually, got it from: https://myfidgetfriend.com/

Free but $8 shipping but still a good price
>>
>>6280323
Sounds more like you're trying to shill to /toy/.
>>
>>6279927
As in the satisfying feeling of pushing something most of the way and having it spring the ready of the way?
Steel Lynx does one that's two interlocked bicycle chains that you push and half way through the motion they flick through each other and return to the same shape. It's pretty damn cool. I'd recommend that, Google the guy.
>>
I was going to buy one off of Amazon today, but I got fired from my job.
>>
Literally what in the fuck is going on in this thread
>>
File: tww_hke_ring_ukv16.jpg (117KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
tww_hke_ring_ukv16.jpg
117KB, 740x555px
>>6279905
The only one of those I really want is the one that came with the High King Edition of Total War Warhammer. So much of the stuff in that edition I wanted and was willing to pay the base price for. But damn imoportation costs shot that up to nearly double and I couldn't justify it anymore. Still checking ebay now and then in foolish hope someone is selling the individual items.
>>
File: ass.png (538KB, 1508x868px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
538KB, 1508x868px
>>6259449
but what if they combined both into a single hyperautism fidget device?
>>
>>6279837
Now this one I can get behind. It has an actual practical use besides being an autism soother-

>$60 burgeristan rupees

fuck that noise. Will wait for the chinese bootlegs
>>
File: xactospinner.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
xactospinner.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
>>6279837
good god they made it into reality
>>
is this for people who are too ashamed to just have regular character toys to fiddle with?
>>
>>6280313
It is a hand fedora. Actually when I'm fidgety in public I have this bad habit of aggressively massaging my balls so maybe one of these would be a good substitute.
>>
>>6279958
Do you slice off all your fingers every time you use a knife?
>>
File: 1246400950289.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1246400950289.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6277148

just imagine the sort of person that carries one of these things around
>>
File: AC085664l.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
AC085664l.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
hey guys what's up?
>>
>>6287195
you cant put devil sticks in your pocket and dont look like nearly the tool like your putting on a performance
>>
File: 1479886115617.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1479886115617.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6252497
are we considering stress relievers toys now? might be worthy to make a stress reliever thread like those red clown nose balls maybe?
>>
>>6279837
$40 preorder isnt really that bad
>>
>>6252466
A tool for ADHD spazes so they can pretend to be human
>>
>>6259449
an autistic reddit browsing meme-lord of a teacher they hired at ny highschool has one of these
>>
I pen-flip when I'm thinking. It sucks when I drop it on the table or on the ground, it makes noise etc.
This actually is a good replacement for that.
But if you don't fidget usually then this is pretty stupid.
>>
>>6279837
Just preordered, so when it arrives after shipping next month I'll let you guys know how it is if a thread is up
>>
everyone fidgets but not everyone feels the urge to buy one of these dumb things to feel better about themselves
>>
Meh, they still aren't as fun to play with as a good old fashioned fingerbox.
>>
File: IMG_7692.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7692.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
In the light
>>
File: IMG_7691.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7691.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
In the dark
>>
>>6291358
Can't see very well, but it glows
>>
On the topic, I am really liking the Steel Lynx Mobius. Unlike most versions of the "infinity ball" design, this thing really does spin into (or out of) itself forever with absolutely no snags or stops. It's so smooth that you can actually slope your hand and watch it roll down your palm via the rings continuously moving through each other, like the movement of some bizarre metallic sci-fi lifeform.
>>
Which is the best one that's silent and has the longest spin time? Price not an issue. If I'm going to buy a sperg toy I want a quality one.

Keep in mind, all I know about these is from this thread.
>>
because i'm not some retarded 8th grader who walks with one of those fucking things down the street
>>
>>6293840
The spin time isn't particularly long (~2 minutes in my experience, claims 5 on the page, which I can see if you clean the bearing maybe), but for a dead silent spinner at the entry level, I'd definitely recommend the FidgetHQ ZenDuo, in Matte Black Brass.

The coating muffles the sound to nothing, and also gives it a very easy to conceal matte appearance. The small size and rounded edges give it great fidget factor - you'll never hit the full two minutes because you'll want to flick it again, and you'll be totally able to do so without worrying about getting a good grip or getting finger fatigue. While I have shinier, prettier spinners, it will always be my everyday carry, because you can really spin it anywhere. Including the supreme court while it's in session. I checked.

The best part, though, is that it's only $20. And that's a proper "oh wow a quality product has a reasonable price" $20, not an "amazon trash that wobbles and breaks" $20.
>>
>>6293865
Awesome, appreciate the help!
>>
An acquaintance's kid had one of these today, first time I've seen one. They said it had no purpose other than spinning. I don't understand this shit, same as how I never understood tech decks.
>>
>>6251951
Because I do not have ADHD
>>
File: homemade-toddler-busy-board.jpg (57KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
homemade-toddler-busy-board.jpg
57KB, 360x360px
>>
I just ordered one like op's pic to take to work so I'm not messing on my phone while walking through the back or anything. I think it'll be a bit too big to keep in my pocket, but the price was right and it's a decent start.
>>
>>6293840
If you want long spin time you are gonna want weight. So pretty much heavier metal spinners like copper/brass, or especially tungsten.
>>
>>6251951
I already went though my autism fidgeting phase with one of those butterfly pens. It was fun but eventually I lost it. Now I just don't give a fuck and just let myself fidget. It's not like these things look any better.
>>
Retail worker here:
Can anyone explain how the fuck these got so popular all of a sudden? It just seems like it came out of nowhere. how is it being advertised? word of mouth on social media?

Ive been bombarded with questions about this at work for the past week now and its annoying as shit.
>>
>>6293970
that's genius, but i can't help but think a child of that age would injure himself somehow with the metal bits

or stare into the lights too long and blind himself
>>
>>6252896
>Is this the new cup stacking?

yeah, pretty much.
and i guess to a lesser extent, tech decks.
>>
>>6294679
Fucking tell me about it, must've had 20 shits ask me already. I don't know why they'd want it so bad, seems like the kind of thing that would be banned immediately from school.
>>
>>6277183
he already told you it's a fidget toy, that's what its called. god your dumb.
>>
>>6287078
I'm not sure how to answer this.
>>
Bought one. I'll get it... June! like wtf Amazon?
>>
>>6295529
Go to any 7/11 dicklord.
>>
File: P_20170427_190430.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170427_190430.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>This the power crowdfunding
>>
>>6301207
I was thinking that myself, how fucking pissed do the guys who kickstarted it have to be?
>>
>>6301207
What is this?
>>
I was wondering what those kids were playing with. Sounds like the cup thing that died out in a year.

>>6301207
So what happened?
>>
>>6301360
The cup thing is more in the skilltoy market, and skilltoys seem to pretty much always fail unless they were created far in the past and are being rediscovered/continued. (See: Begleri, kendama, compared to things like AstroJax and Speed Stacks that did disappear overnight.)

Spinners are a fidget toy, and those are very different, and will actually probably be picking up steam in the coming years, as we live in a society where we always take the opportunity to be empowering something previously frowned upon.
>>
>>6251951
because I can think for my self and don't need to be told what to buy
>>
>>6301247
>kickstart stupidly basic idea
>surprised the chinks produce acceptable knock offs within the first 24 hours.

That's why these kickstarters always have their product made from metal, so it seems more important and of higher quality.
>>
>>6301359
>What is this?

What do you mean what is this?

Retards kickstarted some products any one with some decent knowledge of crafting can make, and now my blood related mainland chinks are copying the design and selling them for less than 4 USD and in stores everywhere.
>>
>>6262894

He doesn't sound like anything.

This is text.
>>
>>6301416
>That's why these kickstarters always have their product made from metal, so it seems more important and of higher quality.
>so it seems more important and of higher quality
The diecast meme needs to die.
>>
Post links to deals and recent purchases guys.

i recently bought one on ebay for a buck, free shipping(id link it but its not 1.98$), and it was surprisingly fun.

i kinda want a fancier one.

post em guys.
>>
>work in grocery store
>last week
>little girl and grandma ask me if we carry these things, tell them i have no idea what it is
>today a nig at work pulls one out of his pocket at work
>"you jealous I got one?"
>tell him i don't know what it is
>looks at me like I'm retarded
Why is being autistic mainstream now?
>>
>>6301578
The prominence of mandatory vaccinations?
>>
File: P_20170428_194438.jpg (344KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170428_194438.jpg
344KB, 576x1024px
>Please contribute to our kickstarter which for $200 you can wait another 6 months for our latest fanciest hand spinner to release while other can have the same thing for $4 usd now!
>>
>>6259298
Gettin the chills from the shills
>>
>>6293799
is it really worth that much over a small pile of keyrings
>>
>>6301913
kickstarters with easy to replicate shit always amaze me

>hey heres this item for 20+ dollars, you'll have it in around a year if we dont hit any speedbumps!!!
>gorillion copies get made
>Y-YOU GUYS WILL STICK WITH US RIGHT? YOU'RE SATISFIED KNOWING THAT OURS IS THE BEST QUALITY RIGHT?

Pretty much what happened with the fidget cube.
>>
Fidget Spinners seem like a stealth Jojo meme

Might want one for the next Steel Ball Run race.
>>
They're being banned in school now. The other day I had classes where half the kids had them 'for ADHD'. The vast majority haven't been diagnosed, they're just a toy - which they play with incessantly making a noise and cause fights when they steal them from each other.

If you want everyone to think you're a 'tard buy one of these.
>>
>>6303282
Fuck off with this Jojo shit. Ever since it got popular in America it's become annoying as fuck.
>>
>>6301505
The chinks are trying to do that by making the things cheaper and faster out of plastic to kill the diecast market.
>>
>>6303452
>The chinks are trying to do that by making the things cheaper and faster out of plastic to kill the diecast market.
What parts are being replaced with plastic?
Given how diecast is so inexpensive, i wonder what metal parts are so simplistic that using plastic is cheaper.
>>
>>6303412
theyre banning them in college? id think by then the worst thing theyd do is use phones...
>>
Why not spin pens?
>>
I work at a store where we never got them, but our stupid ad says we carry them. Got real sick of every ass clown and their mom asking for them on a daily basis.
>>
>>6304192
I think the anon is probably still in high school
I can't imagine a college banning these unless they are really doing something retarded with them to disrupt classes
>>
Any fatalities or accidents from these yet? In the USA?
>>
>>6301505
kekd
>>
>>6304520
yes

the ends of american versions have to be painted bright orange so that you don't get shot by a cop who confuses it with an ancient chinese throwing star

also mandatory is a "do not consume" warning on its packaging
>>
I kind of want to make my own, even if the bearings cost more to buy from the local hardware store than to have it shipped from goddamn China
>>
>>6268625
Woah where'd you get this?
>>
>>6306398
A guy on Etsy made it
>>
Where do you buy these?
>>
Poor fag here, which one did you recomend me ?
(can buy on amazon)
>>
>>6307438
Also only 2.05 euro on my bank account
>>
>>6251951

i work in a used retro video game store but we also sell comics, trading cards, action figures etc... nerdy stuff you get the picture and a kid came asking about these today and i had no clue what he was talking about, suggested he try target...hope i didnt lead him astray.
>>
>>6307438
>>6307440
2 euro? Nothing. You'll only get garbage that'll take two months to ship.
You can get a good, high quality brass one for $15. But you need that much.
>>
>>6304534
Cops should start firing on any autist carrying these for the good of society
>>
>>6307438
>>6307440
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Finger-Spinner-Fidget-ABS-Plastic-CUBE-EDC-Hand-Spinner-For-Autism-and-ADHD-Red-White-Black/32805731191.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-hot-Tri-Spinner-Fidgets-Anti-Stress-Sensory-Fidget-Spinner-Hand-Spinner-High-Quality-Adult-Toys/32804815730.html?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EDC-Round-Three-Corner-Camouflage-Hand-Spinner-For-Autism-and-ADHD-Anxiety-Stress-Relief-Focus-Toy/32808194425.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-EDC-Toys-Hand-Spinner-Torqbar-Brass-ADHD-Finger-Spinner-Children-AdultsToy-Gifts-Spinner/32807102564.html

>>6307537
>Paying more than $5 for a fucking autism toy to fidget with

Haha no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-kmCMogeo
>>
File: cameringo_20170403_110528.gif (1MB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
cameringo_20170403_110528.gif
1MB, 240x320px
>>6307574
He's comparing two plastic baby spinners, though. Both of them are trash. I'm not suggesting anyone go within a hundred yards of one of those.

I'm talking about something like pic related. Stainless steel, 4 arm design, 6+ minute spin time, heavy enough to put someone's eye out, a legitimately worthy desk-toy you could leave on your desk in an office environment in the place of, say, clacky balls. Not just a bearing covered in 3D printed plastic.

And yeah, I've bought a $2 aliexpress metal spinner. They're all aluminum garbage that sound like a fire alarm going off whenever they spin.
>>
>>6307574
Thank you
>>
>>6307603
I like how you try to justify overpaying for shit that spins
>>
File: Twewy Neku ?.gif (997KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
Twewy Neku ?.gif
997KB, 500x370px
Important question.

How the fuck do you tell got d spinners from shitty ones.

Just from the stores in one mall I've seen everything feom the plastic ones that had flawless berrings to nice looking metal ones with rattly shit berrings.

Theres no goddamn brandnames,

How the hell do you find one that's guaranteed to be good?
>>
>>6307693
Literally all of the spinners in malls are shit made in china that are cloning either other chinese designs or stuff handmade in small batches.
>>
>>6307603
LOL talking about a childs, cheap, spinning toy as if it's some kind of investment. Jesus. I cringed so hard my jaw locked up.
>>
>>6307693
Buy online from reputable companies.
Much as I hate to admit it, /r/FidgetSpinners knows what they're talking about.
Spinetic Spinners is by far the most reliable low budget company - they'll get you something absolutely beautiful for $35.
FidgetHQ is also usually good, but occasionally if they run out of stock they'll give everyone who overordered a Chinese knockoff of their own product and act like that's okay, so be cautious about that. If you do get one of their legit ones you'll have the best deal you'll ever get, as their prices go as low as $15 for flawless EDC spinners that will last you a lifetime.
>>
>>6307863
Great tips thanks.

Any recommendations off of the hq list??
>>
>>6294679
Fads with kids get big quickly, word of mouth works well with people that are exposed to hundreds of others in their demographic at school every day.
I hate that these and the fidget cubes are getting banned in schools, because it is a just a toy fad for some kids, but a legitimate focus tool for others with ADHD, anxiety, autism, etc.
>>
>>6307863
KEK no.
Just buy a chinese frame you like then buy some expensive bearings
>>
*tips le spinner*
>>
File: IMG_7273_530x.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_7273_530x.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6307863
Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a Zenduo from FidgetHQ.
>>
File: thinking.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>6308062
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10030299/7143802-edc-hand-fidget-spinner-focus-toy

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10030299/7143801-edc-hand-fidget-spinner-focus-toy
>>
File: 12121_1024x1024.jpg (97KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
12121_1024x1024.jpg
97KB, 1024x1024px
A friend just got this.
>>
hi
>>
>>
>>6308595
damn it's like I'm really in 8th grade again
>>
>>6308248
Is brass better?
Heavier?

Does that code work for anything else ?
>>
>>6309068
Brass is a good metal for spinners because it's one of the heaviest metals you can go for without entering more expensive ones like titanium or tungsten. Right below brass in weight is stainless steel, and usually, when you buy a spinner, you make a choice between the two, unless you go for something else entirely (titanium is really very good).

Brass:
Pro: Heavier than stainless steel
Pro: Silent as the grave if constructed correctly
Neutral: Patinas with age to look muted and classy instead of shiny
Con: It smells like brass. You know, that weird slightly acrid smell. It's not unpleasant, but it is everpresent. Can easily be avoided by getting a spinner that's matte *coated* brass, though. Coated brass is the best and does not smell, with the added benefit that the coating can be any color you want.

Stainless steel:
Pro: Blindingly shiny forever
Pro: No smell at all
Pro: Very durable
Neutral: Never patinas, will always look very flashy and not necessarily classy.
Con: Not as heavy
Con: Resonance may cause a slight ringing sound when spun.
>>
>>6303069
I have the Small Mobius and that costs $5, so fuck yeah it's worth it. It's an incredibly effective fidget toy that's silent and smooth, and actually handcrafted and sent with a written message about how much the guy appreciates it, instead of being breakable Chinese junk. And it's not like you or I could make something of the same quality. While it's probably relatively easy to do if you're a practiced metalworker, I'm not.
>>
>>6309523
>Patinas with age to look muted and classy instead of shiny
>smells like brass

Would heavy patina remove or reduce that scent? Considering getting a brass one and artificially aging it.
>>
Ordered these two. In my job I have almost an hour of essentially sitting still and doing nothing. Really need something to keep my hands busy so I stop biting my nails till they bleed. I wonder which I will like the most.
>>
Pretty snazzy
>>
J U S T
U
S
T

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/03/fidget-spinner-inventor-patent-catherine-hettinger
>>
Ordered mine this afternoon. Basically cosplay replicas of Genji's shiruken from Overwatch, because I'm a sucker for replicas of weaponry from pop culture
>>
File: product-image-256722074_530x.jpg (45KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
product-image-256722074_530x.jpg
45KB, 530x530px
>>
>>6311925
Wow this is just sad. Why doesn't she hire a lawyer pro bono and sue the shit out of manufacturers ? I'm sure some wheasel of a lawyer in the land of freedom would take her up.
>>
>>6312552
>hire
>pro bono
I know what you want to mean, but that isn't what you wrote. Pro Bono is an act of charity and advertising, not something you request. Public defense is something hired by the state on your behalf, they get paid but poorly or with promises, and also not related to civil suits, if you were trying for that. And There are at least two problems anyways:
>the patent lapsed in 2005, well before the knockoffs appeared
>most of the manufacturers/sellers are foreign companies, not subject to any US laws until they hit our shores, only subject to trade agreements if the host country gives a shit.

She should have gone for a trademark and/or copyright if she had the option, longer lasting for legal options though unless you're Disney it's still not going to make money more than it'll make lawyers money. Her story is disheartening because it highlights the weakness of patent laws, the ability of companies to not know their product, the inability of small, passionate groups to make a market entry, and her personal inability to retain money made off the idea
>>
>>6251951

I'm autistic, but I'm not autistic like THAT.
>>
>>6312552
Because most of them are in China, out of the reach of US jurisdiction.
>>
>>6307563
Lol
>>
Got mine today, I'm really digging it so far. Can't wait to bring it to work so I'll stop dicking around on my phone.
>>
>>6259353

Man, I've seen you guys trying to market this thing all over FB, but now /toy/? I mean, I'm sure it's cool but I have a feeling at this point the only people who are going to buy it are those who are being sold on all this marketing you're doing. If you're lucky, it'll reach the status of a fad/gimmick and then be one of those things we look back on as being a silly relic of the era.
>>
>>6312567
trademarks don't prevent the use of an invention by others, only the *trade marks*, I.e. the brand name and logos. Patents do, but only for a period of time after approval. In this case the inventor failed to capitalize on the invention when she held the patent. Happens all the time.
>>
>>6313077
It's already at that mega-fad level with school kids.
It doesn't need marketing at this point.
>>
>>6313123

>tfw you realize the name for many objects are, in fact, the names of the original trademarks that lost their protection
>>
Had these at the counter at Walgreens so I grabbed one out of impulse.

I don't get it. You just sit still and it spins? That's not satisfying.
>>
>>6313077
This shit doesn't need shilling, every snot nosed timmy has to have one to be one of the cool kids on the play ground. I must get like 3-5 requests for them a a day in my toy department at wally world.
>>
>>6251951
They talked about these in NPR! That's why I am here...
>>
Not only is this (depressingly) the best-quality non-collectible Ankylosaurs toy I have ever seen, but the hand-feel is surprisingly nice, and the button for the action mechanism is one of THE most satisfyingly haptic things I've ever fiddled with: would recommend/10, childproof build quality, charming desk toy presence, only 2 bucks at Tuesday Morning, $5-6 MSRP.
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (62KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
62KB, 960x638px
>>
>>6251951
I ordered one from Amazon.

I then canceled later after realizing how autistic it is. I hope they stop my shipment in time.
>>
>>6311925
>green sombrero thing you can't put in your pocket

She didn't invent these things, she created something that was a similar concept decades ago and now wants to cash in

look at that fucking ugly piece of shit
>>
File: autism spinners.png (2MB, 1040x780px) Image search: [Google]
autism spinners.png
2MB, 1040x780px
Up to four of these fucking things now.

I may have a touch of the 'tism. But fuck it, I love these goddamn things.
>>
>>6270648
But if you spin 360° you're walking towards them
>>
>>6307603
Which is that? Pretty neat
>>
>>6314134
>not knowing one of the oldest jokes
>howtospotanewfag.jpg
>>
>>6303462
Diecast itself may not be expensive, but buying diecast as a material for your product sure is
>>
>>6314163
eh
Looking online, abs vs diecast (zamak) the cost difference is about 20¢ cheaper for abs per pound.
It comes down to molding on which is cheaper.
>>
>>6251951
>Why haven't you bought one yet /toy/?

Autism toys.

A crap fad and in a few weeks they'll be in the garbage in most homes
>>
File: IMG_20170505_185051.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_185051.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
I got a gold one 3 days ago. Pettey kewl.exe
>>
What's better than enjoing playing with the spinners for about 27 seconds?

Reading all the hate it's getting for normies (that some of them will buy anyway).
>>
>>6286583

Autism is a spectrum.
>>
>>6314141
Spinetic X, Stainless Steel model. Has a tiny bit of a ring to its spin because it's steel, but it spins like an absolute dream, completely smooth, and you can get a good grip easily because of the 4 arms.
>>
>>6311925
Her patent wouldn't cover the 'modern fidget spinner'. Her patent covered what is essentially a spinning plate for your finger, not a device with bearings etc that is spun between a finger and thumb at any angle.

Yes they're similar, but the big difference is that her toy wouldn't have ever gotten the mass market appeal as it's too simple and honestly just not as good a design.
>>
>>6314256
>Reading all the hate it's getting for normies
A normie "toy" getting hate from normies? Are you ok anon?
>>
I want one but only if it spins for 6+minutes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
Why even own one if it doesn't have battery replaceable LEDs?
>>
File: 1493922180390.jpg (159KB, 645x759px) Image search: [Google]
1493922180390.jpg
159KB, 645x759px
>>6293970
>mfw he spelled his own name which is my name
>>
>>6314131
>autism spinners

toplel
>>
File: Tyzest-Fidget-Spinner-Kids[1].jpg (41KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
Tyzest-Fidget-Spinner-Kids[1].jpg
41KB, 400x298px
Ordered this one. Came in today.

>>6314433
I timed mine and got 5:45.

>>6314647
I'd like this, but I specifically got a small quiet one because I don't want to draw too much attention since I use mine at work.
>>
I got butterfly knife trainer a while back. It basically serves the exact same purpose and there's more variety in the tricks you can do so eh.
>>
>>6314125
do they even follow the same concept of using bearings to spin for long periods of time? it just looks to me like a variation of those spinning plates that is probably a bit easier to keep spinning

People just wanted her to get mad so they could have a interesting story to write. Instead she refused to bite so now they need to play her as some sympathetic victim instead of a funny article about some looney suing over a concept only slightly similar to her thing.
>>
>>6315160
Yeah, I love skilltoys more than spinners for sure, but the nice thing about these is there's no real motion to them. You can keep one balanced just passively feeling its movement for ages, which is good in a situation where you can't really move without distracting others. They're also (ideally) silent. Probably the stealthiest way you can keep your hands busy.

There's currently a skilltoy general going if you want to talk about your trainer more, though. I am curious.
>>
>>6259353
>They also stop you from doing your usual boredom response that you might want to be training yourself to stop doing.
So you replace a bad habit with another?

>For example, you might start spinning your spinner in your pocket because you're spacing out, and normally in this situation you'd pull out your phone and aimlessly flick through social media... but you've noticed that doing that offers no satisfaction and makes you look like a bad friend/irresponsible employee who's "always checking facebook".
Or considered a jerk that play with a toy instead of listen.
And maybe checking facebook or internet might be more productive than spinning. Thats kinda like saying stop reading a book if bored instead spin this toy.
>>
File: 20170506_192624.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170506_192624.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>6316280
We're talking about a spinner like this, m8, not the gigantic things that look like chewtoys that the kids are using. Nobody actually notices when you're spinning one of these inside your pocket.

And the idea is you use it to help yourself listen to people, not "pay attention to that instead". If you don't have problems with fidgeting, you won't fully relate, but sometimes people need physical stimulation to be able to achieve mental stimulation. Their body can't focus unless it's also physically engaged. (Usually picking at their nails or clicking at a pen, etc.) This is perfect for that sort of person.
>>
>went to the weekend fleamarket here because of the comic shop inside of it
>saw at least 50 kids with spinners
>saw at least 5 asian-run fleamarket dollar stores with the worst quality fidget cubes and fidget spinners
>they're all selling them for 10 dollars and up and everyone is buying them anyway
>>
>>6251951
ITT: autism toys

I swear, this and the fidget cube are the most popular with those downward looking, shy, fat kids
fuckin hell I hate selling these useless pieces of crap
>>
File: 074127801.jpg (40KB, 339x339px) Image search: [Google]
074127801.jpg
40KB, 339x339px
>>6313605
>hand-feel
>>
File: Cuponk-LeFlush-288x300.jpg (88KB, 960x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cuponk-LeFlush-288x300.jpg
88KB, 960x1000px
>>6256328
Is that worse than selling beer pong to kids?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2011/02/16/beer-pong-for-kids/
>>
>>6294680
it's called survival of the fittest, anon
>>
I was thinking about getting one of these to help stop biting my nails, but I seem to have got that down. I still sometimes pick at them or flick them, but I have been doing pretty good fighting the old bad habit. New meds probably help too.
>>
>>6279905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iOmVd1W_g
>>
>>6256328
i hated cup stacking, my school forced it upon us and i sucked at it
>>
How come everyone and their mother makes these? Are they all bootlegs off one original product like the fidget cube, or is it a generic shape like a football?
Is there no trademark for the shape?
>>
Isn't something like this likely to just make fidgeting a more serious problem for someone?
>>
>>6314648
Go to bed, Hrpog.
>>
I got a cheap spinner from a local shop to try it out, but it's really disappointing.
It spins for about 20 seconds and there's no nice feeling centrifugal force. Probably because the weights are these shitty easily removable LED blinkers.

But I do want to get a nice proper spinner still, I'm just not sure where to even get one in the UK.
I was looking at the Tyzest ones but it doesn't seem like they ship to the UK.
>>
I have a white one with black bearings. How do you collect/get involved? seems promising.
>>
>>6316908
There was a patent but the lady who created it let it expire so now everyone makes them
>>
I got a spinner and cube. I use them to focus on something so I stay awake in class.
>>
I may be an autistic ADD individual but dammit, I do not need an autistic ADD toy.
>>
For the first time in my life I said out loud:

"What the fuck is wrong with this generation?"
>>
>>6318320
The 90's had pogs. Every generation had it's dumbshit.
>>
So much virtue signalling. I thought this was 4chan, not Tumblr.
>>
>>6318320
nigger you're posting on the toys board on 4chan

you're in no position to be asking that question
>>
>>6317172
The weights have a lot less to do with it than the fact that the bearing is a piece of shit
>>
>>6308154
Oh I would spend money on this one in a hurry.
>>
>>6318320

honestly this is the first time ive had some shred of faith in possibly one day connecting to the current generation.

instead of nothing but phones apps, cod, facebook etc... this is a little physical toy thingy that fits in your pocket and you bring to school and teachers ban etc... its like pogs, tech decks, laser pointers, tamagotchi, pokemon cards etc...its actually something these kids will look back on with fond memories of when it was the most popular thing ever and every kid needed one.

it also specifically makes me feel like when pogs were popular cause pogs were cheap and easier to find at like a dollar store and shit before the big brand name pogs came into toy stores, so every kid was able to get on board right away before the appeal fell off.

its a tad unfortunate these things only took off under the guise of being something to help with autism, adHd (werent no H when i was a kid dag nabit jiminy crackers!), and getting off your "phone all the time" but hey i'll take it, between this and seeing kids playing pokemon go last year i can finally somewhat relate to these kids now.
>>
>>6318527
What's wrong with it being something that helps people with problems and also happens to be fun for others? You've gotta be one grouchy son of a bitch to be mad about that.

Also, I don't really understand why they use ADHD as a blanket term now, since not all folks with it experience hyperactivity (and they know this, since one ADHD type is "inactive"). Using "hyperactive" as a base term is unwieldy and nonsensical, and imo ADHD and ADD should have stayed separate terms.
>>
>>6318543
How does this help people with problems? It's forgoing self control and promoting fidgeting, something that often makes nervousness and uneasiness worse.

And even if you genuinely believe It's better to just fiddle, having someone so impulsive becoming dependent on a specific outlet would just make things worse for them in a situation where they didn't have access to their fiddle device.
>>
Where are you guys ordering these from? Not the regular cheap standard ones.
>>
>>6318543

i dont think its a bad thing it helps with this stuff its more that ive seen a million little toy things that could have gotten popular over the years and kids today never had a real "fad" with any of em.

now this thing which used buzz words like autism/adhd/"on your i phone too much" and it gets popular enough to be a fad... theres something sad in that these kids didnt just choose some cool new thing for everyone to get into, it seems more like this neat little doodad was marketed correctly to this generation and marketing correctly to this generation involving catering to autism/adhd/electronic addiction is sad indeed.
>>
>>6318553
>having someone so impulsive becoming dependent on a specific outlet would just make things worse for them in a situation where they didn't have access to their fiddle device.
If someone picks on their skin, they'll just go back to picking on their skin.
What's bad is that places are marketing these as if it's a cure or replacement for professional help for the blanket of disorders they tack on their sales pitch.
>>
File: poppers.jpg (27KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
poppers.jpg
27KB, 600x547px
>>6318320
I'm honestly surprised its taken this long for someone to make shit like this.
Back in my day all we had were foam balls.
Just a few years ago, this shit was popular on /toy/

It's when old toys like tops and paddle balls become hyped toys that really make me wonder what's wrong with people.
>>
>>6318553
>It's forgoing self control and promoting fidgeting
You're assuming that self control is something that people with problems have in the first place. I have horrible social anxiety and ADHD that I can help to some degree by distracting a part of my brain with something like the fidget cube. It's not a cure, and it's not some dramatic dependency I can't live without, it's simply something convenient, quiet, and non-destructive that replaces a lot of habits I used to engage in (for example, rapid pen clicking, which people found loud and annoying, or biting my nails until they bled).

You can talk theory all you want but I'm coming from a place of personal experience here. I have problems. It helped me. Simple as that. And if it could do that for me, it stands to reason it could do that for others in similar situations as well.

Of course, if people do believe it's some kind of miracle cure, as >>6318570 says, that could easily become a problem. But in my experience with others like me, that hasn't been the case. Most of us just view it as a helpful tool.
>>
Are there any of these that are perfectly silent and stay that way?
>>
>>6318331
Yeah, seriously, anyone who was under 18 during the existence of pogs and is saying kids these days are dumb for liking spinners - at least a spinner actually at least does something, unlike those.
>>
>>6318678
The FidgetHQ ZenDuo, yeah. Some people are making clones of it called things like the "Secret Service", that's how much of a reputation it has for being quiet.
>>
>>6318949
What are you talking about? Pogs had a whole game component. Do you look at a single playing card and go "this is dumb, it doesn't do anything?"
>>
>inb4 fags makes spinners a general
This board is shit, so I know it's going to happen
>>
>>6318973
This is a general, it's been going for ages and when it dies we'll continue it.

This board is shit, because it's a sooper secret weeaboo club for staring at plastic asses. We're the people saving it by making it about actual toys that you play with, lol.
>>
I thought those fidget cubes were kind of dumb, but these look fun to play with.
I feel kinda stupid for buying one while they're popular though, although it's not like anyone cares.
>>
>>6318973
It's the new funko pop, but only it will die faster
>>
>>6318954
>FidgetHQ ZenDuo
That thing looks small as fuck.
>>
>>6251951
This is really underwhelming.
From the picture I hoped it'd be an awesome super tiny drone and that we've finally moved on a bit in toy tech....
>>
I remember two or three weeks ago a normie friend wanted one so we visited many stores in Manhattan and couldn't find anything, and now I see these things on every street vendor stall and he no longer wants one because they're popular
>>
>>6318611
pleb

I keep this next to my PS4 and Wii U. I think I play it more than those.
>>
>>6318996

just dont buy one for $20 its not worth it, got mine for 5, even at 5bucks its pretty over priced but i dont feel bad about buying it but if i had bought one for 20 at the first store i saw one i'd be pissed.

just be ware its a fad so theres crazy up selling and they arent anything more than plastic and ball barrings, you can literally go to home depot and make one yourself with pocket change.
>>
>>6319406

"hipster" is the term you meant not "friend".
>>
>>6280324
>Briefly tells /toy/ about their purchase from a site
>Must be a shill!
>>
>>6319073
It is. That's the point. Small and stealthy.
>>
>>6319577
I don't want one that small, though. Just a quiet 3 sided.
>>
File: zenduo.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
zenduo.jpg
1B, 486x500px
My Zenduo came in today. It's small but has a decent amount of heft and is incredibly smooth and quite.
>>
>>6318331
>>6318949

Pogs are sick you trashbags
>>
File: ai chan dafuq.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ai chan dafuq.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6251951
>fidget spinner

Nah, I got better things to waste my time with that can make me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

>gaming
>store bought transformers
>a meaningless retail job
>anime/manga to read
>sci-fi novels

I only have enough autism for something that has a goal, something that I just spin for the hell of it doesn't sound appealing
>>
>>6319639
Where'd you buy it from?
>>
>>6319755
FidgetHQ
>>
>>6319653
This, fidget spinners just seem autistic as fuck. You'd really have to have some kind of mental disorder to actually buy one, either that or you have to be fucking gay.
>>
>>6251951
Because they are made for faggots who collect Pops and have subscriptions to Lootcrate.
Just like you, OP.
>>
>>6319767
And that's why they're taking off with all the normies, righT?
>>
>>6308154
>those .stl lines
They could have at least went with solid. I hope your friend didn't pay much for it.
>>
File: p1140472.jpg (546KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
p1140472.jpg
546KB, 1280x960px
who needs this shit
when you have these

satisfying click
>>
>>6318614
>>6318553
>>6318562
>>6318527

Origami and random doodling got me through some of the most stressful chunks of my life without annoying others with pen clicks and hurting my self with scratching at illusionary itches. Then college came along and I struggled because the doodling and origami was replaced by internet on a computer right in front of me.

So yeah, I hope the fad part of this covered in all sorts of buzzwords settles down enough that schools can actually allow these things as long as they aren't distracting. But of course even with the most silent lubed up, ceramic bearings spinner, they will still be a distraction in most school settings sadly. They have aesthetic and kids will make a status culture around them just like we did with pogs, stickers, and so on. It's a double edged sword, they are helpful but also cool at the same time in a way that everyone wants one. If schools were to make it only a case by case basis then you cause seperation of kids by making the ones allowed stand out.
>>
>>6319767
>You'd really have to have some kind of mental disorder to actually buy one, either that or you have to be fucking gay.

Does this fit the definition of irony?
>really popular with the mass public
>claims must only have a mental disorder to ever want to buy one
>posting on /toy/
>unless is solely collecting pops, is all but guaranteed to be collecting something that the mass public does not understand and would assume must have a mental disorder to want to collect.
but then again I always did have trouble with irony in lit classes
>>
>>6251951
A year from now, dollar stores will have these, and nobody will buy them.

Anyone wanna trade POG slammers?
>>
Throw your spinners away and image search, "trammel of archimedes".
>>
>>6320482

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtgNvT4Yaaw
>>
>get knockoff Fidget Cube for ~$4
>hoping it'll help me stop picking at my nails
>it totally does, nice
>use it as stepping stone to developing good habits like exercising and working on my art
>cube eventually ends up unused on my desk after a couple months
>one day, my quickly-becoming-not-a-friend (who, on a weekly basis, lets eeeeeveryone know he's proudly kickstarted yet another insipid board game or vaporware gadget) picks it up
>"Oh man, dude, I HATE to be the one to have to tell you this, but this is a knockoff."
>"I don't know if you know, but the REAL Fidget Cube has silent buttons so you don't bother people, and the thumbstick is much smoother and feels like a 3DS circle pad. Also I can tell the plastic is really cheap. You got ripped off, dude."
>tell him I know full well it's a knockoff
>and how I don't care about silent buttons because I don't take it outside
>and that I really only wanted it for the switch and the gears because those most closely mimicked the sensation of picking my nails
>so the knockoff was worth my money, kickstarting it was not
>he opens his backpack to show me his three (fucking THREE) Fidget Cubes
>tries to get me to admit his $60 worth of Fidget Cubes are in some way "better" than my ~$4 knockoff
>ask him why he even has more than one
>"Uh, because I support content creators instead of piracy?"
>remind he only has two fucking hands
>"I use this one at work, this one at school, and this one at my desk when I'm playing LoL."
>remind him they're all exactly the same and he didn't need to buy more than one
>he says I'm "just jealous" because I "accidentally bought a knockoff"

>he now posts "spinner tricks" videos every single day

This thread made me feel a deep need to talk about him. I think just seeing pictures of those fucking spinners causes spikes of autism.
>>
>>6320663
nice fanfic.
>>
>>6318543
He said it is unfortunate the way it is marketed. You are the only one getting mad, you adhd sub human
>>
File: 1489981471268.jpg (28KB, 337x473px) Image search: [Google]
1489981471268.jpg
28KB, 337x473px
>>6319653
>This is too casual and mainstream for my patrician tier tastes, such as:
>gaming
>store bought transformers
>a meaningless retail job
>anime/manga to read
>sci-fi novels

Never change /toy/
>>
Why hasn't anyone combined the cube with the spinner yet
>>
File: 51h4AVaKArL.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
51h4AVaKArL.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6321036
There's some on ebay that are probably bootlegs of something else for $30+. No idea on the quality.
>>
>>6320673
thx
>>
>>6321265
>game controller button
>It's like a game handle button ,
>let's play a game
Yep, Engrish is still funny.
>>
>>6259449
Actually really like it, honestly.
>>
>>6251951
Because they're the inbred autistic cousins of Beyblades
>>
File: why_cant_i_hold_all_this_autism.jpg (143KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
why_cant_i_hold_all_this_autism.jpg
143KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>6320307
>Origami and random doodling got me through some of the most stressful chunks of my life without annoying others with pen clicks and hurting my self with scratching at illusionary itches
Wish that worked for me, unfortunately I tend to do this sort of thing while already occupied with other tasks. I can't really do origami or doodle while filling out work forms, and my other hand tends to nervously end up bitten to hell and back (both skin and nails). I'm thinking about getting a cube to deal with this. The switch and gear sides look like they might adequately distract my fingers.
>>
File: beybladewyvern.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
beybladewyvern.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
why get a faggot spinner when you can get something superior
>>
>>6321036
The fidget discord channel actually started 3D printing a model of one, and there are some others.
I'm personally actually planning on getting one, because I like spinners, but the cube shape is good for my physical therapy exercises that are recovering my injured hands.
>>
>>6319653
>I only have enough autism for something that has a goal
>posts on a board for collecting pieces of plastic that do nothing, and collects pieces of plastic that do nothing himself
Transformers can't even spin, m8.
>>
>>6321636
Does Japan know about fidget spinners yet

Are we going to get an anime/manga about them
>>
>>6321667
>>
>>6321641
I've seen cube spinners. I meant the functions of the cube with a spinner.
Like a micro spinning bop it I suppose?
>>
Guy with diagnosed mental health issues here (some of which were mentioned in the press for fidget toys). I tried a spinner the other day and it did nothing for me. It was kinda neat and momentarily fun, sure, but I can't see it actually helping my mindstate in any way. Maybe it works better for other people.

The cube, on the other hand, looks more like it could be useful to me. But sadly I haven't seen anyplace selling those in person so I can't try one out like I can a spinner.
>>
>>6316451
underrated post
>>
My brother got me one from walgreens. Its interesting but I couldn't see myself spending more money on one.
>>
Where would I even find one locally? I've searched through TRU and walmart and I really dont feel like ordering online
>>
>>6323954
Keep checking walmart, we got a 5.00 box of 30 that goes on the normal shelf and like 1000 7.78 ones that are somehow worse than the 5 dollar one.
>>
>>6322884
I saw them at the registers of Hallmark of all places recently.
>>
>>6323954

think early pogs era, if you were alive during that, dollar stores gas stations convenient stores sport zones trinket hobby shops etc... TRU Walmart Target etc... they need their corporate to send them stuff and these things came on too fast and not from any major companies so real toy stores like that are still scrambling to catch up. the places that tend to have them are small shops that'll have ordered a bunch off any old distributor last week after they had 20 kids ask for em.
>>
>>6308595
the edgy 14 year olds with filthy frank and ironic mlg youtube profile pictures who spam the words "meme" "autism" and "kys" are the most predictable people on earth, of course they're gonna rag on fidget spinners because it's popular and kids like it, huge target.
>>
>>6318320
>fidget spinners are a stupid fad and kids are dumb for liking them! now excuse me while I go play with my pogs
>>
>>6319653
I think the name implies that it's just something you fidget with, not something you put your entire focus on for hours, but you seem to retarded to get that,
>>
File: Spinner.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Spinner.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I love these things.

This is mine, made from bits of other spinners with a hybrid ceramic bearing. Has a wonderful feel to it. I am not prepared to admit to my wife how much I have spent swapping bits for it. She thinks it cost $2.... It did not.
>>
File: IMG_3624.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3624.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
When you spin too much
>>
File: fbox.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
fbox.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6251951
OP why would I need one of those when I have my fingerbox?
>>
File: spinz.jpg (40KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
spinz.jpg
40KB, 800x533px
>>6252896
Anyone remember custom-weighted "spinning pens"? W-was I the only one stupid enough to buy one?
>>
They're more of an impulse purchase than anything. I couldn't see myself playing around with them longer than a day or two. Bought a couple of light-up ones for my nieces today, $10 a pop. They were pretty happy about them, so that's cool.
>>
>>6326995
Nope, there's a whole skilltoy community and penspinning is part of it. Lots of people still do it, there are forums and everything.
>>
http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/1.788191
Do we have Palestinian rock throwers to thank for the fidget spinner?
The inventor of the ubiquitous stress-reducing toy says she came up with the idea during a trip to Israel in the 1980s, during the First Intifada, as a way to distract the “young boys throwing rocks at police officers.”
Catherine Hettinger told CNN Money last week that she first brainstormed the gadget while visiting her sister in Israel and hearing about the clashes between Palestinian youth and Israeli security.
She first considered designing a “soft rock that kids could throw,” according to CNN Money.
“It started as a way of promoting peace,” Hettinger said.
>>
I want an autism spinner. Is one brand better or are they all pretty much the same?
>>
>>6328802
Make sure you get one with at least metal ball bearings, the plastic ones suck hardcore, they don't wobble nicely or spin nearly as long.
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.