[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are McFarlane toys any good these days? I saw this in my feed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

Are McFarlane toys any good these days? I saw this in my feed today and as a Destiny player I really want it.
>>
>>6250037
they're sculpt is usually really good, paint is good too but they can't do articulation for shit. the color tops things they are putting out now are just statues and their Walking Dead stuff just sucks. their Halo stuff was hit or miss. these Destiny figures look good but I don't know anything about the figures so I don't haven an opinion. if they are 6 inch scale and are at least on the same level as NECA in terms of articulation they should be pretty good.
>>
>>6250037
I will be getting the three 6 inch, hope they are like the last round of halo reach / 5 figs I had.
>>
File: mass effect guy.jpg (194KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
mass effect guy.jpg
194KB, 1000x750px
They're good, but lacking in articulation.

The upcoming figures seem to have more articulation than the current McStatues, so they'll probably be fun to play with
>>
File: 4L_D2cRUSEk.jpg (216KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
4L_D2cRUSEk.jpg
216KB, 1600x900px
which spawn is both highly posable and resembles his likeness in SCII?
>>
>>6250183
>which spawn is highly posable
bad news bud
>>
File: 10th_spawn_photo_06_dp.jpg (77KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
10th_spawn_photo_06_dp.jpg
77KB, 600x900px
>>6250183
>>6250222
Most poseable Spawn is 10th Anniversary Spawn, which is basically slightly above Marvel LEgends tier articulation.

Double jointed knees, ball hinged everywhere, toe hinges, butterfly joints at shoulders, etc.
>>
>>6250235
Found this guy at a thrift store sealed, best 8 bucks I ever spent.
>>
>>6250183
http://www.spawnworld.com/toys/series24/spawni8803.htm

Most people knew about 10th Anniversary Spawn, but not many knew that i88 Spawn was highly posable too underneath that cape.
>>
>>6250254
Just want to reiterate, don't expect, like, ball joints, McFarlane mostly use weird cut joints, felt like pre-Revoltech Kaiyodo
>>
>>6250142
>hope they are like the last round of halo reach / 5 figs I had.
Halo reach, yeah that would be nice at the least. 5? Those waves were easily his worst for the Halo figures. Please don't wish for that.
>>
File: mattel $10 budget toy.jpg (1MB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
mattel $10 budget toy.jpg
1MB, 2250x3000px
>>6250254
That one is missing the ball-hinged hips like the 10th Anni one has and doesn't look to have the three torso joints.

>>6250375
McFarlane's worst are still better than Mattel's half assed efforts.
>>
>>6250037
If these are even ML level articulation I'll be happy
figures for this game are loooong overdue
>>
File: Real Ghostbusters Mini Gooper.jpg (7KB, 225x180px) Image search: [Google]
Real Ghostbusters Mini Gooper.jpg
7KB, 225x180px
>>6250237
Thrifting scores are so fucking satisfying, grats bro. doesn't really compare but I paid 50 cents for pic related recently.
>>
Man Spawn toys are so nostalgic for me. I just ordered this guy on ebay because I love the 5 bendy ghosts he comes with.
>>
>>6250235
>lightly above Marvel LEgends tier articulation
Not really. It has swivel shoulders, for one thing.
>>
File: spawn 10th.jpg (313KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
spawn 10th.jpg
313KB, 1066x1600px
>>6251295
and butterfly shoulders too, so it almost evens out and you don't lose much range of motion really.
Then you take into account the ball jointed + hinge + swivel torso.
Plus the ankles which is a clusterfuck of surprising articulation that isn't apparent from the images

All that puts it ahead of an ML.
>>
File: IMG_5278.jpg (241KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5278.jpg
241KB, 1200x1600px
>>6250183
There's the Ultra Action Figure with the pop-up cape.
>>
File: IMG_5286.jpg (157KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5286.jpg
157KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>6251312
How do I not have this???
>>
>>6251841
found one on egay for 45. not a bad deal.
>>
>>6250976
I say they are equally bad. McFarlane's worst sucked articulation wise. As much as I didn't want it to be true, Mattel did far better in that field.

Sculpt wise McFarlane beats out Mattel, and paint wise? well McFarlane beat Mattel again but it is by a tiny margine. He really half arsed the paint on his final wave, good lord. But he has like one or two more applications of paint on the figures in that wave then what Mattel had.
>>
>>6252639
>I say they are equally bad.
You're nuts.
Despite the articulation not being as great as before, the McFarlane figures are still worth owning because they look and feel like top tier collector toys.

Mattel's look like budget $10 figures that no collector but completists would consider buying.
they somehow managed to look worse than JoyRide's glossy softly sculpted figures.
>>
File: mcfarlane vs mattel.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mcfarlane vs mattel.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
cont >>6252653
Just look at this shit.

It's like comparing a Hasbro Hero's Mashers with a Marvel Select.
The glossy as fuck plastic, the lack of paint apps, and the armor being a bulky add on makes it look cartoony and cheap.
>>
OP here. I'm not looking for super ultra articulated Spiderman-tier toys here. All I'm interested in is if these toys break easily and can hold some decent poses. I'm not some autismo-tier toyfag.
>>
>>6253236
Mcfarlane adds articulation to the figs depending on how he feels about it that day. Some have great articulation, some have mediocre and some are statues, and that's all on the same line. The guy also lies like a motherfucker about it, so nobody will know how the Destiny figs will look like until they are on the shelves.
>>
File: mcfwalkingdead-09202016.jpg (742KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
mcfwalkingdead-09202016.jpg
742KB, 970x545px
>>6253236
I am mostly the same way, I nmever understoodwhy people kept calling the Halo figures as McStatues when they had perfectly fine if not better articulation for their price point at the time.

But I guess you should specify just how little articulation is too little. Pic related is the recent ColorTops line of figures McFarlane is doing. This is why the 'autismo-teir toyfag' as you so delicately put it is going on. Those poses they are in? that's it, all they can do and still look great in. All the joints are just swivels.

Fortunately from what very little we have seen of the destiny figures they should be 'far' more possible then this. Best comparison obviously will be the Halo McFarlane stuff, but we don't yet know if they are closer to the best of what was made like reach or the worst like Locke and Buck.
>>
>>6253289
>All the joints are just swivels.
let me correct myself, MOST of the joints are swivel. the girl on the left has better elbow joints, but shoulders are swivel. Daryl has a better joint in his right shoulder, probably means he can look good in two poses, weapon at rest and weapon aimed.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.