[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy Play Arts figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_20170321_175242.jpg (70KB, 615x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170321_175242.jpg
70KB, 615x960px
Final Fantasy Play arts/Play Arts Kai thread.

Anybody have any they wanna share?

Looking to preorder pic related, pretty excited
>>
I hope they finally make one of Cid with this remake line.
>>
>>6247315
I'm pretty sure they did his Advent Children version a while back.
>>
they look amazing desu. My friend owns Cloud, Noctis, and Sephiroth. I can't tell you much more, but they pose really well.
>>
>>6247055

Zak, Angeal, Genesis, Shira version Cloud and Sephiroth fucking when senpai?
>>
File: IMG_0919.jpg (151KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0919.jpg
151KB, 720x960px
I'm very pleased with the new AC Cloud and Sephiroth.
>>
File: IMG_0920.jpg (119KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0920.jpg
119KB, 720x960px
>>6247396
>>
>>6247055

Is this a new Cloud figure?
>>
>>6247318
Unfortunately not. I think he's the only party member not to get one. I hope his remake design is good.
>>
>>6247401
Both Cloud and Barret have new PAK coming out for the remake.
>>
>>6247318
>>6247423
I can't believe Cid hasn't gotten dick. He better get one for the remake.
>>
>>6247704
Maybe we'll finally get a Jessie figure, I had such a crush on her.
>>
>>6247742
Pun intended?
>>
>>6247055
I hate the "realistic" style. I prefer the anime look to be honest.
>>
>>6247318
>>6247423
Supposedly he was in development around the same time as AC Barret... but well, nothing ever came of it. Not even a prototype.
>>
>>6247797
Well, compared to Tifa she was a little flat.
>>
File: 22.jpg (233KB, 1024x1130px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
233KB, 1024x1130px
i really want luna but...

but.. reassure me that its not gonna be total shit?
>>
>>6255011
Jeez anon I don't know go look for reviews of the latest figures?
Also I don't know shit about pak but the figures in that image look like they were released years ago
>>
>>6249039
badumtsh
>>
>>6255011
can we get an update on the Play Arts quality image. I feel like the figures aren't as bad anymore and that this image is a little misleading.
>>
>>6255046
>Edward - 2009
>Cammy - 2012
>Batman - 2012
>Serah - 2010
>Nathan - 2012
>Snake - 2012
>Kratos - 2012
>Sam - 2012

Modern PAK still aren't great but they are improving. That pic is also cherry picking.
>>
>>6255414
Fuck, forgot to list Luna as 2017.
>>
I hope the 6-inch Sora sells well, and they make a ton of FF figures in 6-inch scale.
>>
>>6247399
Cool, I might have to get that Sephiroth if I come across it.
>>
>>6255011
>people cherrypick PAK knees and then go on to praise shit like revoltech Spider-Man and his ugly as fuck floating in mid-air joints and janky hips.

I know it's not the same people, but I never see anything negative about those figures yet I see people shitting on these a lot. Makes 0 sense to me.
>>
>>6255683
if you think people who like revos don't complain about spider-man joint gaps, you definitely haven't been in a revo thread. also definitely not the same people who hate on pak knees blindly.

i loves revos, dont collect pak but that cloud figure in op looks good. i personally have the old vincent figure before the lines were called pak.
>>
File: Kai.png (607KB, 577x487px) Image search: [Google]
Kai.png
607KB, 577x487px
>>6247055
PlayArts Kai has definitely been improving over the years, so I'll probably pick up that Cloud.

One thing I never liked about the past versions is how rounded and plasticy the hair pieces look. Usually the prototype sculpt looks fine, but the production versions look more shitty. Doesn't help that most Square characters are meant to have pointy hair.

Cloud's hair in that promo pic looks great, I just hope it doesn't end up a rounded mess
>>
>>6247055
Is this figure gonna be 6 inches or is it gonna be the usual shitty PAK scale?
>>
File: PAKCloud.jpg (150KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PAKCloud.jpg
150KB, 900x1200px
>>6255798
It's actually 10 inches.
>>
>>6255809
That actually makes it roughly in scale with old cloud, if I remember right, he was 5,5.

Still

>150 fucking dollars plus

I really hat PA, they used to be 20$ figure with suberb sculpt and articulation, then they went to shit and some how quadrupled in price, now they're getting back up in quality, and they're now 50% more expensive.

I might grab Zack if they make him, but I don't think I'll be getting anyone outside of that.
>>
>>6255770
>ne thing I never liked about the past versions is how rounded and plasticy the hair pieces look.

This wan't a ting with thier kh2 and ff7 original outffit figures. Had Axel, hair was so sharp I cut myself on it. Vincent's wasn't but was still pretty crisp.
>>
>>6255809
It's kind of crazy that they decided this was the size they'd keep making figures at... I'm really surprised they're still around and doing well. This line just decided, "hey we're going to make toys at a larger scale and it'd be all sculpted!"

I also wonder if they're doing better with US market than Japan's market because other than their in-house property, they pump out a lot more US IP based figures/designs.
>>
>>6257303
It's simple really, they started wiht quality figures of their property, which is very popular, for cheap. They then branched out to other popular franchises that people like figma and shf never touched.

Then they covered wildly popular franchises, and had reviewrs sucking thier dicks.

Basically they had:

The properties
The quality
The price
The Advertising

So when the price and quality went away, they still made due via the properties they cover. Now the quality has gone up and they're charging out the ass.

To be honest, I'd consider getting them more if they were in 12 inch scale, but they probably went with this weird ass scale because there were no previosu licenseing agreements in existence.
>>
>>6257201
>This wan't a ting
Read that in an Irish accent
>>
File: Ultra Res Lightning 7.jpg (3MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra Res Lightning 7.jpg
3MB, 5000x5000px
There's 2 Final Fantasy figures in particular that I want
The first is the Play Arts Odin from Final Fantasy XIII
The second is the Lightning Play Arts Kai from LR
But for the life of me, I can't find them at a reasonable price. When one dies crop up, it's extortion. Is it because the production numbers were so low? Did they only make a couple hundred of each? Was it some kind of ploy to artificially build up demand by restricting supply? Or is it just second-hand vendors selling them at extortionate prices?
It doesn't matter if I'm looking on ebay or amazon or j-list or some independent third party site - the result is always the same. Either that or they're sold out.

Can somebody help me out on this one? Please?

[spoiler]Also, fuck anybody who mails internationally with parcelforce and doesn't mark it down as a gift. Import fees, customs fees, handling fees and duty as well. It's robbery.[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.