[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtual Pet general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: digimon_black_front.jpg (162KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
digimon_black_front.jpg
162KB, 1600x1200px
Lately I was talking to someone about the old Digimon V-pet and I ended up wondering what happened to V-pets. Seems like they stopped making digimon ones ages ago and they only barely still make tamagotchis. I know they're the most childish shit ever but are there still any good digimon-esque virtual pets still around? I'd love to have one again.
>>
>>6246716
You're in luck OP, they're releasing the 20th Anni version in waves. The order period for the next wave ends on the 27th and ships out in July

It'll have the rosters from the v1-v6, I think? You don't need two to battle anymore, as you can battle with one. They're also including an online element.

>http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000113206/
>http://digimon.net/20th/

Tamagotchi has slowed, but it's not dead yet. They did close doors to their last permanent store in.. Harajuku, I think? They've switched over to pop-up stores.
They're currently on the series called "M!X", where breeding has genetics now so they can have features of both parents. A Sanrio version is releasing soon.
>http://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/tamagotchi/mix/catalog/
>>
>>6246716
I really wonder how a full color tamagotchi would do if released outside of Japan (I got the English id version, but even that was limited and way hard to find). I have a Tamagotchi P and a bunch of the Pierces and loved it. I hate that their revival attempt a few years ago, if it could be called that, just just a huge black and white clunker.

Although I do think modern Western audiences might balk at a 40-60$ Tamagotchi. It's been a 20$ kid's toy for so long... maybe they need a hot new app to get back into the public consciousness and then try a release of a modern Tamagotchi.
>>
>>6247000
>$40
that sounds a little more fair than the digivices
>>
>>6247000
When is the first wave shipping then? I like the fact that it'll be playable with just one now.
>>
I got this one in a free bin at a garage sale. Is it worth anything?
>>
>>6247108
Does it work?
>>
Weird I just found my old Digimon V-Pet last night.
>>
>>6247184
Yes.
>>
>>6247000
How do I order this as a Freedomstan native?
>>
>>6247019
I don't think the US market would really make a color Tama worthwhile. They're nervous to release a Tama at a $40-60 price point because no one will be interested in laying down that much money unless its a hyped-up Christmas toy
They tried it once with the idl-e in australia, and I don't think it got the response they wanted.
However Bandai is also terrified of trying new things like that, so they end up dipping their toes in the market and then leaving. If they actually spend the money to get the brand re-established (like a steady full-length cartoon, not their online abridged version they only update when they remember they have a website), they may be able to get their foothold back. But since they usually have no buzz around the releases, people have no idea what's going on. The releases are in odd stores like Hot Topic and in the Hello Kitty section of TRU. The releases are just a mess because they're not actually focusing on it.
>>
>>6247086
June

>>6247108
If it works and is clean, yeah
>>
>>6247000
Alright thanks, hopefully these p-bandai digimon things do well and we see more. Always liked these things as a kid.
>>
File: 4L_3z3TxMv5.jpg (136KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4L_3z3TxMv5.jpg
136KB, 720x1280px
>>6246716
This is some of my collection anon. Both of these are vpet version 3. Japanese version.
>>
>>6247491
You're absolutely right. I think for most Westerners, Tamagotchi was that weird 90s toy fad, not something that's still going on and worthwhile. I can't envision a modern parent willing to plunk down 60$ for a new model when they think of it as just the thing that bitched for food and pooped until it died horribly.

Bandai would have to push so hard to explain it's a lot more involved now, but they don't seem interested. Which is fine, I don't mind importing.
>>
>>6248128
What frustrates me is that when they DO release a US version, some tech sites write up something about it focusing on "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT CRAZY 90S TOY THAT YOU HATED? IT'S BACK"

They completely overlook the fact that it had a very successful mid-00s relaunch, and even apps (Tamagotchi Classic, Angel, Monster/Devil) and releases in the past five years (Tama-go, Friends, and Dream Town). They always make it sound like it's been dead since it went out of style in the 90s.

Forget even mentioning that it never really died in Japan following the mid-00s relaunch.
>>
>>6248227
Nostalgia sells units.
>>
>>6248238
True, just look at the NES Classic.
>>
>>6247927
How can you tell if it's a Japanese version? Are Japanese versions worth more?
>>
>>6248484
JP versions have different shell colors and show up more often for sale, I believe. Finding later versions in english is difficult, and fetch high prices.

The only difference is the menu language, I think?
>>
Just curious but how many days do digimon tend to live on the earlier v-pets?
>>
>>6249429
The originals take 6 days to grow to their final evolution, but can continue living until you or the batteries let them die
>>
File: 1488006641290.jpg (4MB, 2130x3319px) Image search: [Google]
1488006641290.jpg
4MB, 2130x3319px
Any advice on pre ordering the 20th anniversary one online?
>>
>>6249429
I'm not sure what the max is, but when they've been fully evolved for a week or two they start getting hungry literally every 15 minutes, so if you forget about them or sleep in or anything like that they're fucked. I'm not sure what the upper limit is if you manage to keep them alive.
>>
>>6250024
You need to use a third party to order, so choose your favorite

Just discovered bandaionline.com recently, I don't think they're directly affiliated but they are taking orders. Their price seems about the average, but I didn't check shipping
>>
>>6250024
4 days into no fap
lose to digimon
>>
>>6248128
>to explain it's a lot more involved now

Is it?
>>
>>6250665
No fap is a meme, it only hurts you.
>>
Just curious but in the recent-ish 4gamer interview they mention something like they're planning to do more electronics re-releases? Did I read that right? Perhaps they're teasing a pendulum reissue!
>>
Well, my wallet just took a hit.
>>
>>6247927

I've never been able to get an Etemon.

Jelly.
>>
>>6247000
>have to order in chingchong
Why? Digimon games get released in the west all the time and everyone has a nostalgia boner for the cartoon and virtual pets, why haven't they done any official US distribution for the new virtual pets?
>>
>>6259104
Because they're Premium Bandai stuff and hardly any of it gets official western releases.
Also, the high price kills the easy nostalgia money, that's too much for people to on "oh yeah, I remember that, I'll buy it", especially when most people remember the show, not the virtual pets.
>>
>>6259104
>Digimon games get released in the west all the time
That's only barely starting to become true now, and it was because of several petitions that arose from all the years of not getting any Digimon games released in the west.
>>
>>6251053
Dude there are genetics, clothing, interior decor, and a planet to visit on the latest color model
>>
>>6247000
What are the chances of being able to still get this that Digimon V-Pet if the site's pre-orders are closed?
>>
>>6246716
does any one have a check list on gen 1
>>
>>6269600

check withthewill
>>
My favorite was the Rancor digitpet from when I was a kid
>>
>>6247000
Holy shit, I need that Sanrio one like very badly. My fucking weakness for Purin...
>>
>>6247491
I dunno man the hatchhimals went fucking crazy and they were shitty and didnt do anything, parents were laying $300 down on them. if they advertise it properly and give it the right features im sure a color tamagotchi would be bomb AF in NA
>>
>>6248128
I still think if they made a smartphone app and marketed it right, it could do gangbusters. All the features of the V-Pet, but with microtransactions.

I guess they've done apps before, but they never seem to catch on.
>>
I bought a Tamagotchi Chibi. Anyone else?

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=Tamagotchi+Chibi&submit=Search&pagemax=40

How are the Tamagotchi M!xs? I want to get into Tamgotchi so much, I've only kind of played a few recent anniversary Digimon V pets and the Accels. I'm hyped for the new rerelease Vpets in june or july or whenever it was too.
>>
>>6272577
They went out of stock everywhere I looked.
>>
Bought a M!X because of this thread and it's a ton of fun. Shame that I need another one to unlock some locations but now I have an excuse to buy the new one coming out
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.