[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things you regret buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 76

File: 1864lacmgkudqjpg.jpg (43KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
1864lacmgkudqjpg.jpg
43KB, 636x358px
>>
File: 4L_ypNbCuSw.jpg (118KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ypNbCuSw.jpg
118KB, 640x853px
This figure is fucking awful
>>
>A lot of pre-2007 TFs
>Some 3rd party figures
>NECA PR, Godzilla, etc
>A lot of Lego sets from around 2013

I just have so much shit packed up it's ridiculous. And I'll never really display it ir play with the stuff.
>>
File: rnJeEFt.jpg (418KB, 2048x1970px) Image search: [Google]
rnJeEFt.jpg
418KB, 2048x1970px
>>6244691
The few Gundam kits that I bought for no reason, KLK Figmas, a good number of Marvel Legends.

Kinda like half my collection of stuff honestly, I impulse buy a lot.
>>
File: MMC10043.jpg (43KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
MMC10043.jpg
43KB, 752x564px
Usually larger, expensive stuff, carnifex is a great example. It's a character I like and it's definitely a great toy, but... I don't know, it's a neigh-$200 paperweight that looks good on the shelf and never comes down.

There's probably a ton of stuff that I like way less, but it's harder to get disappointed with something that was like 15 bucks.
>>
Toys with diecast.
>diecast parts put more strain on the joints due to weight
>diecast on diecast joints get irreparably loose quicker than plastic ones
>any painted part must be treated with the utmost care or else it chips off
Seriously fuck diecast, the worst toy meme
https://youtu.be/ij-FoouHHgE?t=12m51s
>>
>Motuc figures. Overpriced, shit articulation, limited runs, stockholm syndrome fandom, and terrible company.

Gona put them up on a lot here soon on ebay and never look back.
>>
>>6244727

Play with the thing, man. Take some pics. Put it in situations you find funny. Don't ever just let an expensive thing sit there.
>>
100+ gunpla that I put minimal effort into making and did nothing with at all.

Selling them all made me completely reconsider how I collect things.
>>
>>6244761
You can sell them prebuilt?
>>
>>6244764
I was selling them for like, five bucks a piece in decent-sized lots.
>>
Wish read some reviews before I bought this piece of crap. At least it was on clearance.
>>
>>6244767
Ah, makes sense.
>>
>>6244770
I'd like to think the people who bought them were doing so to jump-start a big collection without having to actually build any kits, but in all actuality all of those kits have probably been torn to bits and painted or otherwise tested on.
>>
>>6244753
Sell me your Optikk.
>>
>>6244756
Sometimes expensive things are too big and unwieldy to pose around.

I've got a SoC Gaogaigar that I love to death, but I regret it too. It's a glorious fucking hunk of diecast, and the articulation is amazing, but it's too heavy to actually hold poses.You can't really have a 5lb metal figure dynamically flying through the air.
>>
>>6244697
Was not aware of that. what's wrong with it?
>>
>>6244727
Carnifex is so annoying. It's almost perfect, but at that price tag it manages to feel like a letdown.
>>
>>6244721
But the KLK figmas are great?
>>
All my fucking Transformers. CW Leader Megatron and my Takara Legends Galvatron.

Such a fucking waste of a lot of money. I'm happy with just Megs and Galv since they're my favorite characters.

Fortunately, I ended up getting a decent price for them at a huge toy vendor at an antique market near me, still, it wasn't near what I paid for them.

Hell, I could accept having never bought Megatron and Galvatron, if it meant I wouldn't have wasted my money on those shit toys
>>
File: 135123414.jpg (174KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
135123414.jpg
174KB, 1200x600px
these guys right here.
never buying Revol again
>>
All my statue shit. a good chunk of my Figmas when I was under the delusion I'm going to have the ENTIRE figma collection. Most of my Gunpla.. fuck why did I ever buy so much shit
>>
>>6245080
Not that anon, but
>restricted movement at torso, shoulders, wrists, hips, ankles due to bulk
>small parts that peg in barely stay put
>no paint on palm repulsors
>$40 buy-in at retail due to pack-in repaint of mk2

Once I got it into one pose, it just stayed there and I have no desire to touch it. I don't regret it though--just the shitty two-pack.

My regret is impulse buying pic related at $20, hating it, and not being able to sell it at $10.
>>
>>6245080
Not anon but it was really restricted in movement compared to other IMs of the series and had very wobbly almost gummy limbs
>>
>>6245091
I mean, they look good, but I never finished the slow and didn't really care for it. Only bought Ryuko cause she looked cool and I only bought Satsuki to go with Ryuko.

I guess they serve as a reminder to not buy shit from media that I haven't finished
>>
>>6245148
What's wrong with War Machine?
>>
>>6245148
The Zinogre hunter is one of the worst figures I've ever touched in this price bracket. Its not worth more than $20.
>>
>>6244691

Statueshit, mostly. I end up buying a few meme ones because they look cool but I end up selling them at a loss because I just want them gone.
>>
Sentinel tatsunoko figures.
>>
>>6245182
I'm gonna need an explanation for this. What is considered a "meme" statue? genuinely curious here. Could you name a few?
>>
>>6245080
It cannot be put into any pose really, the articulation is extremely limited, beyond that, the stun baton and shoulder gun fall off extremely easily you'd have to glue them in place to be honest. Same goes for his wrist guns that barely peg in and fly off just asking to be lost.
>>
>>6245158
really? did you not have a personal interest in it/impulse buy because you thought it looked cool? I've been wanting to buy agyo and ungyo for ages now.
>>
File: soniamdisapoint.jpg (424KB, 1056x746px) Image search: [Google]
soniamdisapoint.jpg
424KB, 1056x746px
this.

it was expensive as fuck with the guns.
armor parts are fragile and doesn't stay in place well.
armor also limits her mobility and posing.
The sewing on the seams of cloth parts are highly visible which is different from promotional photos.
overall terrible.
>>
>>6245182

Flavor of the month ones, like those with big tits.

They're great and everything, don't get me wrong, but what got to me is that they essentially just sit there. There's no interaction with them.
>>
File: 15_tatsunoko_001_A.jpg (104KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
15_tatsunoko_001_A.jpg
104KB, 636x636px
Fuck this thing. Just awful.
>>
hasbro and mattel shit
>>
>>6245175
Oh if that's the case then yes I agree.
>>
>>6244691
All of the toys I bought from shit I didn't actually care about and only liked the designs at the time of purchasing.
Turns out you stop giving a shit about the toy no matter how cool the design or engineering is if you don't care about the source and have toys from stuff that you actually know and care about
I've done this one too many times.
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>tfw you feel for the Amiibo meme
>>
File: xtremerogue-xmen3.jpg (377KB, 800x1288px) Image search: [Google]
xtremerogue-xmen3.jpg
377KB, 800x1288px
Bought one of these, and decided to take it out of the package. Damn thing practically fell apart in my hands. Several of the pins for the joints were mashed/deformed, and the plastic comprising the joints was ridiculously thin in places. On top of that, the paint was blotchy in places, mostly the white in her hair. What a fucking mess.
>>
File: SHF-Beast-001.jpg (29KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
SHF-Beast-001.jpg
29KB, 640x453px
>>6244691
Figuarts Kamen Rider Beast, cheap peice of shit
>>
>>6245307
it does look really cool, though
>>
File: Evil Loose Sensei.jpg (93KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Loose Sensei.jpg
93KB, 680x680px
>>6244691
>>
I regret everything
>>
>>6244691
virtually any modern playmates tmnt

i love tmnt and the designs & stuff but these days they're so cheaply made. in hand you can really appreciate how shit they are, with the minimal paint apps/articulation, not to mention factory errors. most recently i bought fugitoid who is one of my favorite characters ever, the seams weren't sealed shut and he had two left legs, in addition to the fact he can barely do anything & came with no accessories.

i dropped the line many waves ago but on occasion pick up a character i like, only to feel regret.
>>
>>6245388
why? is it that bad? i want to get it
>>
>>6245399
>virtually any modern playmates tmnt
this
except
1) very first 4 turtles-they had great quality
2) fishface
3) mousers pack
everything else is garbage
>>
half my collection.
>>
>>6244734
Yep, diecast is shit.

Can't remember what figure i bought last that had diecast in it, but i do remember it burning me so much on how fast it wore out.
Probably some mech.

Diecast is horrible for jointed toys.
>>
>>6245381
I bought this for $15 from Amazon a year or so ago and still feel like I got ripped off
>>6245515
>tfw thought the diecast hate was a meme
>buy new diecast toy
>one of those all diecast 1/12 Iron Man
>floppy feet straight out of the box
>>
File: 1367.jpg (111KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1367.jpg
111KB, 420x500px
This piece of shit. Didn't even bother trying to sell it, one day I was out for a walk and I tossed it into a clothing donation bin.
>>
>>6245378
Never had a problem with mine. Did you buy yours new or was it lying around for 15 years when you got it.

>>6245624
You can't wear a toy.
>>
>>6245551
>tfw thought the diecast hate was a meme

Ask any Transformers collector, diecast is the fucking plague of everything, along with rubber and chrome. All of it degrades, rots, or otherwise turns to shit very easily. Hell, sometimes right out of the box joints can be fucked or diecast can be chipped or...Etc. You get the idea.

Yet retard collectors keep wanting that shit slathered on everything. They're the bane of the hobby.
>>
>>6244781

True, but Carnifex there is plenty poseable and playable for any collector who likes messing with their stuff. He's not 5lbs of diecast, he's all plastic and he has strong joints.
>>
>most of the thread is Tokushit

HMM MAKES YOU THINK
>>
>>6245698
>most
>literally less than five posts
>>
>>6245703
gimme that (You)
>>
>>6245148
>>6245179
But is the Zinogre Hunter somehow worse than other Revos, or do you just hate Revos in general? Wondering cause I kind of have my eye on that figure.
>>
>>6245698
Are we reading the same thread?
>>
File: 12153885286_86cb59bca4_b.jpg (112KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
12153885286_86cb59bca4_b.jpg
112KB, 600x840px
>>6245307
>keeping DDs in their defaults.
Get her a nice wig and outfit and you'll have beautiful, regret-free eyecandy instead.
>>
>>6245715
>not getting the Rath hunter instead
>>
>>6244727
Large guys and transforming/combining guys will never be aa poseable as 12cm to 18cm skinny guys.

I am kind of getting used to it when transitioning from Bandai real robots to 3rd Party TFs.

Large guys are for shelf presence. Small guys are for posing.
>>
>>6245297
I'd seen pictures online and though it looked cool, and figures $20 was a good enough price to impulse buy an import (in person, mind you). When I got it home I discovered a dislike of Revolver Joints that tainted any of the joy I got from the figure's aesthetics.
>>
>>6245734
>Large guys and transforming/combining guys will never be aa poseable as 12cm to 18cm skinny guys
>>
>>6245752
Wouldn't really call that a big guy. World of difference between that and Carnifex
>>
File: IMG_3981.jpg (20KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3981.jpg
20KB, 259x195px
>>6245689
>TFW want to collect the Legacy Megazords but all the diecast makes them expensive as fuck for no good reason

I hate Die Cast so damn much.
>>
File: IMG_0391.png (356KB, 577x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0391.png
356KB, 577x493px
>>6245704
>>
Mafex Amazing Spider-Man 2 Spider-Man.

It's the only figure I've ever sold.

It was a floppy mess, it couldn't stand on the fucking skateboard, the magnets were weak, the webs were too big for the wrists, the web effect part didn't stick to the fucking wall.

I don't even think he had proper hands to hold all his things either.

There are some Sentai mech I regret now because they're just bricks but Mafex ASM2 Spidey is one of the only toys to make me angry.

Also fuck Airachnid.
>>
>>6244734
Diecast should really only be on feet.
>>
>>6244691
My Sinanju and Sazabi. Only because I bought them too early in my building "career" and made a lot of obvious noob mistakes.
>>
>>6245678
Bought it online maybe a year after it had initially come out. Packaging was fine, nothing to suggest there was anything wrong with the figure.
>>
Pretty much all of my toku S.H.Figuarts. They're a bit too dainty to comfortably pick up and mess with. I always feel like I'm going to break something. I like the chunky belts and mecha more anyways.
>>
>every revoltech, pegs don't lock into the limbs and eventually fall apart. Tumor joints that don't have more than two positions because of clicks

>Figma Guyver, so tiny. Chest megabuster doesn't close properly, metal pins show in open mode, you will lose an arm blade or tiny hand immediately

>play arts kai marvel and samurai star wars, oversized mismatched colors with joints that look like kidney beans when you lose any limb. So much black paint for shading instead of a darker shade of an actual color. Pak must own a black paint factory. Accessories you will never use like Venom's web-claw-what-were-they-thinking
>>
File: TOY-RBT-0803_01.jpg (73KB, 594x800px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-0803_01.jpg
73KB, 594x800px
Even my love for the design couldn't redeem these shitty joints and base.
It's been sitting in the box for months.
>>
File: SNT10120.jpg (25KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
SNT10120.jpg
25KB, 752x564px
4inchnel Mega Man regular. sure it poses better, but his proportions are just weird to me. i thought itd replace my D-arts, but i still like that one better
>>
A few of my pokemon plushes, particularly of mons that I'm not very fond of but wanted to own to just to complete series sets/completion autism.

Now I don't give a fuck about that anymore and don't buy characters that I don't like.
>>
>>6246267
I checked out this video review to see what's so bad about this figure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4Iyh-VZqc

Seems like standard early Revoltech. I'd like to own it...
>>
>>6245178
nothing, i just dont like Revoltech.
>>6245179
it's pretty bad, i regret it everyday, i put it back in the box and into my closet.

>>6245715
probably.
I didnt like warmachine at all, but I thought. I cant hate on this line from one figure.

So I bought Zinogre and it was awful as well.

i'd rather not try and get another one since the revos is not for me. I dont like the joints, they are hard to pose and look very awkward in anything but an Action pose
>>
>>6245911
I've only got one toy with a lot of diecast (Maketoys Axle/not-Groove) but I love it. The diecast in the legs makes him pretty stable and he feels pretty damn solid too. The transformation would be scary as fuck but the metal parts means you're not likely to break him at all unless you're a hamhands. Plus it just feels really good and heavy.

Obviously there's toys with badly implemented diecast, but there's just as many toys with badly implemented plastic.
>>
>>6246445
>Obviously there's toys with badly implemented diecast, but there's just as many toys with badly implemented plastic.

I don't think that's what you meant, but you're totally right.
>>
File: hand painted.jpg (98KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
hand painted.jpg
98KB, 600x800px
>>6244761
Same here but what's left is unbuilt.

Still, I'll finish them but I'll just less effort and more topcoats, can't believe I went in thinking "I'LL BE ONE OF THEM AIRBRUSH PROS HURR DURR", yeah if I had any patience and artistic skill

Its stuff like pic related that made me realize I'm not cut out for this stuff
>>
File: IMG_1485.jpg (79KB, 640x963px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.jpg
79KB, 640x963px
>>6244691
I made the mistake of pre-ordering most of the Warbotron Not-Bruticus when it was first announced. The logistics of their distribution was a nightmare in of itself thanks to incompetent business practices, but when I finally got my hands on the figures I wasn't all that impressed by their overall quality. It's not that they were bad, but rather they felt unpolished. I got rid of them after a while, but all things considered I wouldn't mind picking up the KO of pic related as a standalone figure. He was the only one out of the bunch that had a bit of personality to him to flesh out the character.
>>
File: FIGURE-012864.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-012864.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
Regretted it before I even received it. No fun at all, bad articulation for a figma.
Got the new SHF Bruce and he's soooo much better.
>>
>>6245158
I'll buy it from you for $10 anon
>>
>>6246296
I regret buying the whole line
fuck my shit up senpai
>>
Everything.
>>
File: Mistake-a.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mistake-a.png
1MB, 800x600px
Every one of these pieces of shit and most bonkles from 2009-2010.
>>
>>6246599
I got Gorast, honestly I thought she was OK. I kinda wanted Krika as well.
>>
>>6246599
Those sets had a lot of fun little pieces to use for other creations, but goddamn the construction/aesthetic was bad.

Except for Krika. Krika was weirdly fun.
>>
I bought this out of sheer impulse because I want to broaden my figures to be outside of movies ad vidya, also I think Panty is best girl. Bought it used for a little over $60 at a place called Bookoff (used games, tvs, pcs, figures, and book store for weebs). Was a perfectly good figuarts Avengers Hulk for $30 there I wanted but I couldn't afford both.

Get home, open Panty, peg breaks off the leg joint (there was an extra so no worries), has stupid sticky plasticiser layer, hands and arms fall off constantly, almost lost her ring bracelets. Look online for retail price and I could have gotten her for 1/3rd of what I paid.

Friend tells me figuarts Hulk goes for over $100 retail.

fuck me
>>
File: ChzG_zrUUAEhfx8[1].jpg (27KB, 600x328px) Image search: [Google]
ChzG_zrUUAEhfx8[1].jpg
27KB, 600x328px
>>6246700
>not researching BEFORE you buy in a physical shop
I found a revoltech that I wanted in an anime shop that they were selling for 50 bucks, I looked it up online where it was going for 15. Japanese figures being sold in a store not in Japan are usually not worth it.
>>
File: 61-tb+vpA3L._SY355_[1].jpg (22KB, 311x355px) Image search: [Google]
61-tb+vpA3L._SY355_[1].jpg
22KB, 311x355px
I should have gotten Mami, shes my favorite anyways
>>
>>6246704
I've learned my lesson. I act like a kid in a candy shop every time I go into a store. desu I didn't know the store had toys, my friends invited me to come along and said "we're going to Bookoff" and I had never heard of it before.
>>
Other than some Lego-sets here and there, probably this.

I mean, it's not all bad, but mine had very stiff joints, making it almost unposable and then the paint started chipping from the joints as well. Minigun was also painted a bit crap.

I haven't really researched so I don't know if they're all cheap or if I just got unlucky, but I still like to display it, as long as I don't get too close
>>
Most neca shit. Too heavy to stand and take up a lot of space.
All marvel legends besides my spiderman stuff. Not sure why i ever get anything else. At least im making some dosh back selling them off.
Most nendoroids. Dont really see the point if they had figma/figuarts alternatives. Currently trying to sell off my megaman.

Really starting to learn quality over quantity. It just gets really hard not to snag something for a cheap thrill when you work at a toy store.
>>
>>6246761
How much nenodriods you selling them off for?
>>
figma saitama

i got femto birth of darkness version coming up soon so hopefully he will be a great figure
>>
>didn't start collecting as an adult til 2012
>first big boy toy purchase was a PAK Solid Snake before the absurd price hike because I'm the biggest metal gear junkie of all time
>can't stand the wait
>get him and play around/pose with him for a couple weeks, nothing strenuous at all
>arm pops off and never goes back in flush again, both elbow pads break off

I'm still afraid to fucking touch him. Looks badass on a shelf at least.
>>
>>6246584
and yet here you are on /toy/
>>
File: FIG-IPN-4459.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-IPN-4459.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
Play Arts Kai Spike Spiegel. What a piece of shit.
>>
File: 1476639959531.png (46KB, 540x617px) Image search: [Google]
1476639959531.png
46KB, 540x617px
>>6247064
>>
>>6244691
This piece of shit.

Fell apart in less than a min, legs and also the hands broke and now the only thing i got out of this was a nice hat.
>>
File: descarga (2).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (2).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>6247679
This piece of shit.

Fell apart in less than a min, legs and also the hands broke and now the only thing i got out of this was a nice hat.
>>
>>6246547
you HATE the Cutman 2-pack? I'll fuck you up all right
>>
>>6246599
bonkles in general were a big fat regret. their extra pieces are still useful, and i still love some of them like Krika
>>
>>6246721
Book-off is a Japanese brand shop, they're huge over there and carry all sorts of great weebshit.
>>
A lot of NECA and Star Wars figures. Less to do with them being terrible figures but rather the fact that a lot of the same characters I bought eventually got upgraded versions in the future.

NECA is especially guilty of this with their "Ultimate" lineup, and while I don't fault people or NECA for the concept, it does grind my gears knowing I could have waited years to get better versions of the same figures.
>>
File: flizh.jpg (211KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
flizh.jpg
211KB, 1638x2048px
I just got the DC Icons Flash (my first of the line), it's pretty good but then I immediately saw the news that the line's basically being cancelled
>>
>>6244691
I like to collect things that tend to have a pastel color palette and are cute looking. This fit the bill and it was like 5 bucks when I was browsing around at Walmart. It didn't come with a stand despite it not being able to stand on its own because of the ginormous head. The articulation is awful, you can barely move her arm without it feeling like it's gonna snap off. Which is crazy because kids aren't very delicate with their toys. And to top it all off, it's ponyshit (pls no ban). It just sits in a drawer with a bunch of other junk.
>>
>>6245472
I liked Leatherhead and Shredder 2.0

And DogPound I guess.

The LARP turtles don't look bad, but I guess those were kinda a niche design.
>>
>>6245472
Oh, and Snakeweed.
>>
>>6247922
If nothing else, at least you get the treadmill which not many Flash figures tend to have.
>>
File: 15719325343_e77aff6470_b[1].jpg (263KB, 1024x950px) Image search: [Google]
15719325343_e77aff6470_b[1].jpg
263KB, 1024x950px
>>6247935
I have a ton of mlp shit that I regret buying (I'm grill too) The only ones that I actually like is Derpy and my old mlp toys when I was a little girl. I might just give them all away or donate them. I recently bought a bootleg ahri nenodriod which I love and I've been playing with it every day.

Also the sailor moon SH figuarts disappoint me. I feel like I have to be delicate with them. Still going to buy Sailor Venus because shes my absolute favorite.

I love your plushie c:
>>
>>6246410
>look very awkward in anything but an Action pose
This is pretty much what Revos are all about though--dynamic posing only. If you're looking for a figure to stand around in plain poses, this is not your toyline.
>>
File: Image21.png (854KB, 690x800px) Image search: [Google]
Image21.png
854KB, 690x800px
UW Computron, I loved the original toy more than the cartoon character, I shoul've went for the american release. I mean the UW isn't bad, but the american release resemble more the version that I love and they look amazing with the PE add on.
>>
>>6248077
Oh yea? I've been considering getting Chibiusa SH Figuarts because she's pink, but she just seems so small that I'm still on the fence about it. And thanks. I'm sure I'm going to regret spending over 100 dollars on build a bear shit in the future, but right now I like em.
>>
>>6247692
same, broken hands, the only good part is the hat
>>
NECA Mantis alien. Broke part of the foot when it fell (was able to fix it). The design makes it hard to sit up without support.
>>
File: fuck this.jpg (327KB, 1283x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this.jpg
327KB, 1283x1024px
This two right here, biggest buyers remorse ever.
>>
>>6248283
Fuck Phasma, but why Miyo?
>>
>>6246506
Why would you even buy this in the first place?
>>
File: danbeard m.png (258KB, 850x927px) Image search: [Google]
danbeard m.png
258KB, 850x927px
>>6247922
>regret buying something just because the line is (except it is not) canceled
Why can't you enjoy something for what it is?
>>
>>6247692
me three, hand peg snapped off in the joint so i got it replaced then the same happened to the 2nd one!!
>>
Makino Ruki - Renamon - G.E.M. is my greatest regret of all time.
Let's get this shit out of the way:
EVERY SHF that got a better release afterwards
EVERY SAS I had to buy twice because the first one had serious problems.

>Armin Arlert - Figma
bought it for completion's sake, then they released a cleaning Levy and I lost all interest.
>Amagi Yukiko - Figma
A tiny nonscale piece of shit with awful hairsculpt and a stickman body. Contains more rubber than plastic
>Satonaka Chie - Figma
See above
>Revoltech SFX 020 - Skeleton Army
All the joints are weak, can't even stand.
>Boa Hancock - VAH
fucking retarded engineering, never buying anything from this line ever again.
>Injustice Batman SHF
when I realized batman isn't one for cool poses it was too late.
>Neca Dante
FUCK NECA. I don't care how cheap it was, it's shit.
>Cure Heart SHF
nothing wrong with the figure, I just have no interest in it.
>Lupin III SHF
the static jacket ruins all dynamic posing.
>Alphas - Revoltech
by far the worst qc on anything I've ever seen.
>Ultraman SHF
nothing like the prototype, they refused to fix the chest on the deluxe one as well.
>Kabuto Extender SHF
does not extend my dong. false advertisement
>Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City - HG
bought it because of the nice contrast next to regular IBO shit. a fucking brown box still.
>Metal Gear Ray - 1/100 (Kotobukiya)
shit stand, arms won't stay up. garbage.
>>
>>6248274
>>6249190
>mezco not even once
>>
File: Xovergen.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Xovergen.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
This fucked me up.
>>
>>6249255
man you'd have a lot less trouble if you had better taste
>>
File: 1warbotLOOSE.jpg (178KB, 800x749px) Image search: [Google]
1warbotLOOSE.jpg
178KB, 800x749px
I don't really regret getting the early 3p transformer stuff since they've been on my shelf displays for years until official equivalents came along. However, im quite at a loss about what to do with them.

There doesn't seem to be much demand in the aftermarket for them and if I wanted to sell them I'd have to discount them at a huge loss, at that point it isn't even worth the effort selling them. So they are just sitting permanently in my storage somewhere now.
>>
>>6248089
i personally think they are hard to pose, not that they also dont look good in extreme poses.

Warmachine's spongy joints and the fact he was so top heavy
>>
>>6248283
I don't care if the character sucked, I love my SHF Phasma. And it came out well after the film, there was plenty of time to cancel your preorder if you didn't want it by then.
>>
File: image.png (253KB, 561x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
253KB, 561x480px
>tfw you aren't impulsive, use critical thinking, and have overall good taste
>>
>>6245319
there is if you jerk off on them
>>
neca pacific rim figures fucking sucked
>>
File: 1489888398398.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489888398398.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>6249513
>being mad that an anon in a regret thread doesn't like a toy as much as you do
WOWEE it's like we all have different opinion or sumfin
>>
>>6245739
I really hate revoltech joints, but they've made some of my favorite figures so idk lel
Try BST if you haven't already though, I have a hard time believing someone won't pick it up for that cheap.
>>
Mythic Legions, but I only regret them because I'm an articulatonfag. I only got three, Zazhar, Urkku, and Gorgo, and I really think I should have gotten more knights instead. Even then, I should have figured there was a reason most pictures were either standing in a static pose or standing with their arms moved a bit. It's also a real problem for Urkku any time I try to get him to hold his axe with two hands. The knights feel more dynamic, oddly enough, and it really helps that Gorgo has a cape.

Don't get me wrong, the sculpt and paint are still fantastic, and Zazhar's shoulder paint chipping isn't that bad, I just get frustrated any time I try to pose them. I'll still probably keep them, it's just enough that it turned me off on the next round even though I really like some of the designs and love my Scarabus, instead I'm just going to wait to see what's up with that Revoltech knight that was at Winter WonFes this year.

That and I never emailed Four Horsemen about the two right pauldrons my Gorgo has, so I'm probably stuck with those now.
>>
>>6253214
>Mythic Legions, but I only regret them because I'm an articulatonfag
Fuck. I didn't even read the rest of your post. I am also an articulationfag, and this makes me scared because i'm $300 deep in the 2.0 KS
>>
>>6253214
>>6253238

How are the skeleton dudes?

I'm really strongly considering getting one but not sure about the articulation scheme since there's barely any good reviews out there properly showing them off.
>>
>>6253238
>>6253303
I don't own any of the skeletons, but after Gorgo I'm pretty sure they'll end up as one of the more posable ones just because they look like they have less sculpt in the way. That's the biggest problem with the barechested ones, they look fine just holding a weapon but it's hard to do poses like Urkku bringing his axe over his head without it looking awkward. And that sucks because orks need to do ork things, boss.
>>
>>6253238
It looks like the newer ones(atleast the fem knights) have a bit better artic. seeing that they can two hand the swords now. but we'll ee

>>6253303
I have skellies and a knight, what poses do you want to see?
>>
>>6253563
I'm more curious of certain parts like, how's their wrist, thigh and torso movement? So I guess any pose that can sort of show that off, like maybe a deep swing/thrusting pose?

I'm not really picky about them being too super articulated but I'm more curious with how far they can hunch forward and how much they can reach with their weapons via wrist movement.

>>6253458
>I'm pretty sure they'll end up as one of the more posable ones just because they look like they have less sculpt in the way.
Well at least that's reassuring.
>>
File: Rage-Face-Evolved.jpg (98KB, 592x442px) Image search: [Google]
Rage-Face-Evolved.jpg
98KB, 592x442px
MP-11 Masterpeice Starscream. I sold my original MP-03 for that piece of garbage. Paid over 300$ for this floppy, bad quality, almost KO like pile of shit.
After all this time, the butt still hurt.
>>
>>6253726
Dang, is it that bad? I sold my MP-03 a long time ago too. But I thought MP-11 looked much better, so if I ever rebought, that would be the one I'd go for. Is there any saving it, or is it just completely awful?
>>
>>6253732
The price is horrendous for the quality you get. I mean, I paid 120$CAN shipped for my original MP-02 (G1 colors) and that MP-11 was over 300$CAN shipped, custom fees included. The plastic feel like a normal figure. Not MP. Also, the chest don't lock in place for some retarded reasons.

Still, if you want a MP-11, go for the HASBRO version. Even with the scalper prices, it's cheaper than the Takara MP-11 and many issues are supposed to be fixed.
>>
>>6253738
*MP-03.
Fuck my butter fingers.

Know what? Better skip any MP seekers of any kind. For the price you.ll have to pay, you'll be full of buyer remorse. Do not pay more than 100$ shipped for any of them.
>>
>>6253743
quick question, if you or anyone else can answer: why do people buy all the seekers? isn't it literally the same toy with different paint apps/maybe slight mold changes? am I missing something besides some people wanting to display 10 different colored jets? I only ask because these things are expensive for what they are.
>>
>>6253750

Because despite being the same 'bot mode and jet except in different colors, they're all different characters.

And thats what suckers people in I guess. Same how Scorpion and Subzero were just palette swaps, and Ken & Ryu were just palette swaps with different heads. Despite being pretty much identical, they were different characters.
>>
>>6248283
Whats wrong with Miyo other than her ghostly face? I'm tempted to pick one up as well.
>>
>>6253750

No way am I gonna buy another MP seeker. The only other I have appart MP-11 is MP-03G, Ghost Starscream. I'm not spending another dime.

Appart Starscream, the only other seeker I buy is Thundercracker. I buy them cheap and keep them sealed if I already have the (open) Starscream version. It's a quirk of mine. Oh yeah, the Platinum G1 conehead set count too I guess.

Still, no way am I gonna get all the seekers of a single mold. That autistic OCD behavior is for picture related. Why? Reasons.
>>
File: Mega-Man-Zero-SH-Figuarts-1[1].jpg (75KB, 638x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Man-Zero-SH-Figuarts-1[1].jpg
75KB, 638x900px
>>6244691
The hair is fucking awful and just falls off constantly.
>>
>>6248283
>>6253777
>>6248300
Also curious as to why Miyo was a regret.
>>
>>6246730
I have all the exact same problems with mine too anon.
>>
Bought Suntan Sonico for its hilarious part-swap potential.

Unfortunately, her limbs don't peg into anything I have.

I had her posed holding two old kenner stormtrooper blasters gangsta-style for a bit, but now she's just in a box
>>
>>6253852
Not here, but it was mentioned in some other thread before that her magazines and accessories can be quite a hassle so I can imagine how that may be a reason. That and they have a tendency to fall off if you're not careful.

I mean, I know I had issues with that, though in my case I ended up solving the problem by jamming in rectangular strips of thin black foam to create some friction for them to cling onto so they wouldn't slide out anymore.
>>
>>6254037
That's not so bad. Do you like her otherwise?
>>
>>6249255
>>Ultraman SHF
>nothing like the prototype, they refused to fix the chest on the deluxe one as well

Explain. There was no deluxe one, either. There was a normal release and a 50th anniversary set which was the normal release + special Tamashii Option Buildings and a Baltan ship.
>>
>>6254055
I'll admit that having found a solution for myself it's definitely grown on me and I'm up for more Little Armory Figma. I'm definitely keeping the black foam handy just in case.
>>
>>6254123
Cool thanks.
I'm big into miniature building so I'm sure I'll be able to fandangle a solution of some sort.
>>
File: Generations-springer-toy-voyager.jpg (152KB, 1306x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Generations-springer-toy-voyager.jpg
152KB, 1306x1190px
>>6249495
Your image reminded me that, though it's not a major regret, I'd say I regret Generations Springer a tad.
His bot mode is fine, and the chopper is alright for what it is, but the car mode not lining up correctly really bothers me, and also means that some stuff is always off-center or otherwise not lined up regardless of the mode.
>>
The NECA Godzilla '94
Only because I already had the Burning Godzilla
>>
Figma Eren and Mikasa. They're superb figures but I lost interest in Shingeki no Kyojin pretty quickly. They're in their boxes at the moment. I should probably sell them. I wonder if my local nerd shop would take them?
>>
File: ult.png (480KB, 476x514px) Image search: [Google]
ult.png
480KB, 476x514px
>>6254067
Not THE Ultraman, the ironman suit manga thing.
>>
>>6254317
>good proportions ruined for no reason
Christ
>>
>>6254317
OHHHH

>not using the alternate chest piece

Come on, Anon. That's on you.
>>
This one was underwhelming. Her posability is so lackluster compared to her male counterpart, and her parts are randomly glossy or matte in person. Figma's blank characters were much better in my opinion
>>
>>6255687
really? that's a shame was thinking of picking her up
>>
File: IMG_20170328_013129.jpg (290KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_013129.jpg
290KB, 1632x1224px
>>6255691
If you can find her for a decent price, she comes with some great accessories, and she honestly isn't an awful figure. I just feel she isn't all that great compared to the figmas or body-kun.
>>
>>6255685
you don't own the figure, do you? the alt chest is barely bigger.it's nowhere as wide as the promo.
>>
>>6245158
where do you live? I'll buy it off you for $15. It's literally the only one I'm missing and I love this line.
>>
File: the-iron-giant-mondo-figure[1].jpg (92KB, 1024x545px) Image search: [Google]
the-iron-giant-mondo-figure[1].jpg
92KB, 1024x545px
The thumbs come off VERY easily, the plastic feels cheap and also...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxei43nTS4
>>
>>6245205
anything with large tits
>>
>>6247912
Dude I did this with gunpla before

>buy zeta hg because zeta is love
>absolute shit, awful posability
>buy zeta rg
>its a fucking hand grenade
>new zeta hg announced this year
>>
He's not awful, but in comparison to the Hot Toys Deadpool he falls completely flat. The Sideshow Beetlejuice is also disappointing.
>>
>>6255769
that one has shit colour separation according to the preview shots tho
>>
Robot Damashii Masurao. I got it because I had at the time just recently watched 00 and Graham's weeby love of samurai shit appealed to my own weeby love of samurai shit.

I got it and it was a floppy, overly fragile piece of shit that couldn't hold a pose and ended up breaking after a short tumble off a low shelf. It wasn't too expensive, but I still thought it was a waste of money. It was one of the first Japanese figures I ever got, too, and kind of soured my opinions on the whole RD line for a while.
>>
>>6256172
Should regret it for those cringy worth pieces of text.
>>
>>6256215
Yeah, those too.
>>
>>6247922

Look on the bright side. You get a Cosmic Treadmill accessory and it's still basically the single best Flash figure we have.
>>
>>6254317

Seven is even worse in the proportions department. It's looking like Bemular and Ace are going to be just as bad.

Fuck, I don't know how they managed to screw up every single figure from this series.
>>
>>6256213
If it makes you feel any better the high grade kit wasn't very good either.
>>
File: 20110712013718980.jpg (114KB, 550x750px) Image search: [Google]
20110712013718980.jpg
114KB, 550x750px
Do dolls count here?
Bought a Ringdoll pan for my first ever BJD. Never again will I buy a fullset or anything from Ringdoll.
>>
Buying most if not all of the S.H. Figuarts DBZ Line

I only really like Comic Con Exclusive Broly and the three androids. I really want to sell all the rest.
>>
>>6256447
What happened - i have two dolls from them but havent bought anything in years?
>>
>>6256487
I bought a fullset from them. Not only were the quality of the clothes garbage. But the offensive part was that they gave me the head and body in two different types of resin. The head was cast in the old Ringdoll translucent resin while the body was made with the new opaque resin. As the time passed, the head kept getting yellower and yellower and eventually after one year the resin colors were completely different.
The faceup they did on my Pan was complete trash too. It looked way different than any other owner Pan picture I had seen online.
I'm utterly disappointed with them.
>>
those overpriced godzilla figures that are like 6" tall. i forgot the name but they're worth maybe $25, yet charge $50+
>>
>>6246599
Oh god I'd kill to have those. I can't believe you don't like em.
>>
I've never regretted a Lego purchase, because at the very least the parts are usable for something better.
>>
>>6256550
Lol poorfag. Keep buying NECA crap
>>
>>6244691
Lots of blind boxes figures when I know the odds are against me and I can buy them cheaper online. So many extras to remind me of my mistake.
>>
>>6248077

Maybe the first print of Sailor Moon but the others have all been solid.

Jupiter is easily the most durable but she's been out of print for a while.
>>
File: busou-altrane-1.jpg (52KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
busou-altrane-1.jpg
52KB, 600x592px
Bought a Altlene or whatever the fuck it's spelled and even though most Busou Shinki figures piece fall apart this one is just always losing every fucking piece and the stand is so shit she can't stand up.
>>
Pretty much everything lego.

It gets built and forgotten in a matter of weeks
>>
Figma rei ayanami. Awful figure.

Figma rin tosaka, doesnt reallly look like her hair is weird
>>
>>6248253
Chibi Usa's smallness is super cute.
>>
Alllll of my Haikyuu nendos. I've realised I prefer scale figures and - because I threw out the boxes - I'm never gonna be able to sell them
>>
>>6256495
Pics of faceup? I love seeing bad faceups.
>>
>>6247935
>I like to collect things that tend to have a pastel color palette and are cute looking
Wow, just like literally every other female toy collector. How original.
>>
>>6245624
>>
>>6257884
Wow, criticizing an anon's taste for no reason other than gender, how original.
>>
File: zzz.png (243KB, 396x512px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.png
243KB, 396x512px
>>6257876
Sorry for the terrible quality. It's the only picture I kept since selling that piece of crap.
Those damn eyebrows...
>>
>>6244691
everything ive bought to feed my collection over the past 10 years

my god, all that time and money
i wish i could take it all back
>>
>>6245158
those binned for so long, i have the whole line and i never payed over $10 per fig new
>>
File: 20170326_230817_crop_728x708.jpg (445KB, 728x708px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_230817_crop_728x708.jpg
445KB, 728x708px
>>6247935
I bought one of these because it fit one of my collections and I dont hate it.
>>
>>6258653
>Vidya Batman
How is he? I'm tempted to buy one based on just how weird he looks.
>>
>>6258659
It's okay. Hinge/swivel knees and elbows, so not the most posable.
>>
>>6258653
sweet Tyler Breeze
>>
>>6256495
They did the exact same shit to me, augh.

I bought a tan Ringdoll K head and then ordered a body for it a month later, not thinking much of it, since they take an average of 8 months to make their shit anyway.

The body's opaque yellow-tan while the head is translucent red-tan.

To top it off, I didn't receive a CoA on ether of them so I'm mortified to post pictures anywhere for fear of being blacklisted as a recast owner.
>>
>>6258722
>CoA
???
>>
>>6258728
Certificate of Authenticity, I'd guess.
>>
>>6258741
ah
>>
>>6246506
IT'S OVER! FIGMA IS FINISHED!
>>
>>6258722
WOW! Not even a CoA with the head? I've only bought from DC and they always give CoA with every floating head plus the company plate on the heads. Seriously screw ringdoll with their constant resin change. It's unacceptable to constantly flip flop between the resin formulas without informing the customers. Every other company/artist I know at least publicly announces when they change formulas.
>>
>>6245689
I am now worried about the upcoming SOC daijyuzin....
>>
>>6258653
ayy nice colors
>>
>>6258653
Yeah I think that that one's from a later wave, and apparently they've improved, some of them actually come with stands. Mine is from the first ones they released, so that's probably why it's crappy. But it looks like its selling on ebay for 30-40 bucks so I might try to sell mine off.
>>
Why are people using the advertised image rather than photos?
>>
>>6260200
It's easier.
>>
>>6258653
>Tyler Breeze

fucking sweet
>>
File: b02.jpg (2MB, 5268x2600px) Image search: [Google]
b02.jpg
2MB, 5268x2600px
this piece of shit just because it can't fucking stand on its own! It just can't!

That and making him hold his staff is a pain in the ass, the hole in his hand is way too small.
>>
>>6260726
Since he's a Puritan you should be able to prop him up on the stick that's perpetually up his ass.
>>
>>6261142
>Since he's a Puritan
>>6261142
he is Batman, he is ok
>>
>>6255695
>>6255687

they are almost positively counterfeit , compare real vs fake, big difference
>>
File: 3A MG Ray.jpg (412KB, 1282x1177px) Image search: [Google]
3A MG Ray.jpg
412KB, 1282x1177px
>>6244691
Using an older pic, since it's boxed up right now; but it's the original or full-size '3A Metal Gear RAY' for me. Or well this is the regret that's stuck with me and stung the odd time.

It's just the legs, or the button/gear cog locking mechanism they use to pose the legs at the waist area; just a utter pain to work with. At some point I busted that joint in the left leg, and after fixing it; feel like it'd be an easier time figuring out a WHOLE new joint substitute if I EVER take RAY apart again.

Probably what's worse is I've always liked RAY over Rex, and experiencing how this turned out after full-size 3A REX. Sadly slowed down interest in much else from 3A/ThreeZero to a halt mostly afterwards.
>>
>>6262026
Does TOM sell bootlegs?
>>
>>6263436
No.
>>
>>6263472
Okay, because I bought that from TOM
>>
This guy right here. I just don't feel he is worth the $120 even if he is nice looking. I was expecting to pay about $90 tops because I ordered 3 of them and assumed that'd help keep shipping down but nope, he is heavy as fuck and comes in an absurdly large box so it makes no difference even WITH other shit in the order as well. What's an even bigger kick in the balls is that had I ordered it at TOM I could have got $90 back in points AND free EMS shipping which would have got me the figure at $90 like I wanted.

It's by no means a bad figure, I just don't feel satisfied with the price I paid. I guess the only thing I have to look forward to is the fact it will probably gain value over time like all the other Berserk shit and so if I ever want to sell one I will eventually get my money back.
>>
>>6244691
The Other M Samus figure. Got it as a gift but it was bought at my request. As I took it out of the box the leg joint snapped and the person who got it told them it broke here rather than saying it was broken on arrival (maybe that's a dick thing to do but FUCK how cheap did it have to be to snap as it came out of the container damn)
>>
>>6245158
Just give it away with something you are selling. The goodwill you'll gain with the seller is worth a lot more than $10.
>>
>People regretting $15-$20 purchases

You guys are pathetic.
>>
The only rule is to avoid seasonal waifus.

The only few non seasonal waifus are:
1) Hatsune Miku
2) Saber
3) Any Evangelion girl
4) Love Live (Muse) girls
5) Idolmaster girls
6) Sonico

You are pretty much safe to buy any of them, as they will last a lot longer.
>>
>>6266410
>not kancolle
I guess four years is still "seasonal"
>>
File: full rapscalion.png (360KB, 540x718px) Image search: [Google]
full rapscalion.png
360KB, 540x718px
>>6256996
>Own 3 of her
>all of them are fine, no missing bits, stands are fine

You might just have hamhands anon
>>
>>6256996
Tighten the screw on the stand arm.
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (613KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
613KB, 800x800px
this abomination
>>
File: Untitled-19[3].png (1MB, 896x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-19[3].png
1MB, 896x1199px
This bastard.
>Hip joints lose as hell
>Large nubmarks on the wings
>Back heavy
>Feet can't stand flat on the ground
>Shitty weapon (it got no guns)
>>
>>6254037
Are you sure its not the problem is not the awful leg articulation? The whole pelvis keeps disconecting from the torso on mine. Stiff legs. Warpep headset on one side. Face paint is hard to see.
>>
>>6267752
Fuck my grammar.
>>
>>6266738
lol faget fell for the hype train
>>
>>6246730
This line is just absolute shit.
>>
>>6267637
Its a model kit, get gud and fix it you filthy snap shitter.
>>
File: sheighmen.png (398KB, 394x418px) Image search: [Google]
sheighmen.png
398KB, 394x418px
>>6246390
You should get some bootlegs.

Cheap and good for a laugh even if you don't care about the specific 'mon.
>>
>>6267637

time to get gud son; making a "bad" kit turn good is of a great satisfaction.
>>
>>6268605
That doesn't make it any less of a shitty product.
>>
>>6258653
This I will never understand. Collecting based on the color of a toy.

It's cool and makes for a neat display, though. I just personally don't understand it
>>
>>6245689
>>6245551
>>6245515
>>6244734
>Referring to the process of casting metal as if it was the metal itself instead of just saying metal.
>>
>>6248077
the Sailor Moon figure I bought is solid, I haven't had to be delicate with her at all.
Must just be first release issues?
>>
>>6246700
Sounds like a bootleg nendo to me.
>>
>>6253799
>That autistic OCD behavior is for picture related. Why? Reasons.
Eh, it's a good solid mold. Can't blame you too much.
>>
File: Stomp-X-01.jpg (501KB, 931x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Stomp-X-01.jpg
501KB, 931x1400px
And I got it for 150 euros no less.
>>
A lot of my collection. I need to do a purge
>>
>>6266738
>Buying anything from Mattel
>>
>>6244691
12 figma Kamen Rider Ryu-er, Dragon Knight figures. Nothing bad about them, they are gorgeous and I love how much more well-proportioned they are compared to Figuarts, while still being plenty posable. But they ended up taking too much space and I haven't been playing with them at all. I recommend the hell out of them, but should have limited myself to 3-4.

Lots of bootleg chinese crap that I bought 10+ years ago as ordering from abroad was both expensive and harder than it is today and I was a poor Russian first year uni student. Mostly Transformers, half of which are in disrepair and half of which I have no idea what to do with, there are even some legit ones in the mix somehow.

A dozen of HG Wing Gundam kits 2-3$ each from a local store. At least I got some kit assembly practice out of it, but the kits themselves just take up space and aren't very good in the first place. Cheap MG Zeta Gundam 1.0 also goes here, it looks pretty but the transformation gimmick is bad and makes it really fragile so I never touched it after transforming twice.

MAS GaoGaiGo (I think), was cheap, looked awesome, several joints disintegrated upon taking it out of the box, is stored somewhere far away ever since.

I hate myself in general for buying too much, but I've almost stopped several years ago and only buy something about once a year.
>>
>>6269168
>MAS GaoGaiGo
That shitty series by CMS? I got the Star Gaogaigar from that line and displayed it standing for like 6 months...BAD IDEA

The figure was mostly dense PVC, including the hefty backpack. The problem was that the hips were held together by a tiny 3mm diameter plastic shaft. When I picked it one day for dusting, the legs simply dropped off.

It's exactly like that Max Factory Genesic GGG weight issue
>>
>>6269183
Yep, I think it was this one, its legs have also dropped off on mine and its joints were in general made out of dust, a problem I've encountered earlier on S.I.C. Faiz to much regret as I absolutely loved its design.

At least its wings can be somewhat floppily attached to the SRC GaoGaiGar, so it was not a complete waste.
>>
>>6269195
Oh ya SIC too. After that MAS figure, some SIC mishaps and some Megahouse figures, I've come to realize that some toy lines and companies do more designing than engineering. There's nothing wrong with that EXCEPT when they start to make jointed figures, that's when things literally fall apart.

At least SIC started feeding off SHF engineering later on.
>>
>>6244691
Everything I bought back when I collected Transformers.

This isn't even bait. Every single one is a piece of shit I wish I didn't own except for RTS Lugnut. The rest can fuck off.
>>
>>6245900
>Airachnid

I was lucky and got one of those pretty early, so I found out how shit it was before it became widespread. Resold it like a day after getting it for around triple the price.
>>
File: shitfucker.png (3MB, 1972x1044px) Image search: [Google]
shitfucker.png
3MB, 1972x1044px
>>6246700
>not asking to check figures at bookoff

I got one of these Genesic Gaogaigars at the San Diego BO for like $200, but didn't think to check it out. When I got home in LA and opened it, I found it it was super fucked up from the prevous owner. When I went to return it, I found a Riobot Blodia for like $45, but decided to ask to check that too, and I found out the neck was broken.

Now every time I buy a rare figure, I ask to check it out, and so far I've never been turned down. Bookoffs are great, but there are a lot of lemons.
>>
a bunch of third party transformers. Usally fiddly as shit to transform and barely even looks like the character it's based on. It's sad when the $150 Takara Superion I bought is better than the $500 turd TFC Superion.
>>
>>6269297
What era did you collect?
>>
>>6246599
I didn't mind Mistika, and it has some really cool designs like Krikka and that gigantic Takanuva (which I still keep on my shelves)

I hated the Hordika though, they look like shit. That's the only Bionicle line I almost completely skipped.
>>
Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave.

The plastic quality couldn't be worse if he were made out of melted down plastic forks, there's scuffmarks and paint chips out of the box brand new like the factory workers were tossing him around like a football, and there are nubmarks that literally look as though they just twisted the parts off their sprues.

The fact that he actually comes with all 5 cassettebots doesn't make up for it. If I knew any better when I got him I'd have just gotten the Takara version instead.
>>
>>6268886
Legitimate autism
>>
>>6269297
sounds like you collected all the brightly colored Fisher-Price tier shit they rave about in the general thread. did you ever own 12 differently painted versions of the same fucking transformer as well by any chance?
>>
>>6269438
Girl, you need some calcium. Those nails speak volumes.
>>
>>6269573
You were warned. Always ignore the Hasbro Internet Defence Force, especially where expensive things are concerned.

(although to be brutally honest, the Japanese version doesn't live up to the hype either, ended up selling mine on because even being solidly-made, nothing ever lines up quite right and it's no fun to transform and mess around with like the G1 toy partly due to the back being a hollow void of greebling with zero functionality...)
>>
>>6249575
Thumbs up, soldier.
>>
File: gunsniperleenaspecial.jpg (73KB, 1033x775px) Image search: [Google]
gunsniperleenaspecial.jpg
73KB, 1033x775px
Pic related for me.

I was really into Zoids in my early teens, and had all this nostalgia over the fact that I dis-assembled and then lost my Red Blade Liger. Apparently it's a bit of a collector's item nowadays.

So anyway, the Leena Special Gun Sniper was always my favourite, so I splurged about 60 AUD on it.

I couldn't even finish building it. It's just so... shitty.
>>
>>6269220
I really hope they'll release some of the older SICs with new joints/engineering at some point in the future (they won't, but still), I'm tempted to actually vandalize something or buy some extra joints and try and operate on Faiz. Don't know if model cement will be enough to hold it though or that would require metal pins or whatnot.

But yeah, I'm just wondering how does it even happen, didn't they try to play with those figures themselves?
>>
>>6269599
Sometimes, yeah. It's all fucking garbage.

>>6269519
Stuff from ROTF, all the way to Beast Hunters.
>>
RD Wing Gundam collection

It's getting too expensive to complete and I'm not feeling it anymore. They just take up space. I have the WZ, Epyon, Altron, DSH, and Sandrock Kai and some Leos. I still need a Heavyarms (stupidly overpriced by the aftermarket), Tallgeese 1, 2 and the suite of original Gundams like Wing, Deathscythe, etc. Not to mention all the fucking loose joints! Epyon's wings were a flapfest and I have to tighten it with tape.

I think I'll try to Jew it on ebay sometime soon
>>
>>6247935
Is there anything these things can use as a base? I mean, I have noticed the pegholes in the feet but what are you supposed to use it with?
>>
>>6270782
Wave 4 and beyond come with stands that peg into their feet. The peg holes before that were for playset interaction.
>>
>>6269865
Is that the tomytec or the Koto HMM?
>>
>>6245378
she was too extreme for you to handle

>>6245388
please tell me the only reason u regret it because its scary or some shit , cuz it looks pimp

>>6247692
counterfeit? heard they were really good quality , did u try contacting them fr refund or replacment

>>6249585
not the huge ones they were pimp

>>6266738
be honest you bought to fuck right ?
>>
>>6269866
They probably didn't. It was one of the "designer" lines and even started out as a statue line.
>>
File: 1437688931543.jpg (146KB, 402x813px) Image search: [Google]
1437688931543.jpg
146KB, 402x813px
>>6271466
>That spelling, vocabulary, and taste
Pardon me anon, but are you a 12 year old, or just intellectually on the level of one?
>>
>>6271466
>being this triggered that someone regrets something you like
inb4 b8
>>
>>6258653
jesus, you must have some massive balls if you are displaying a figure of a gohan.
aside from that great collection, ¿who's inside the little house?
>>
>>6270850
definitely the HMM
>>6269865
Sadly the gunsniper already suffered from a fairly weak torso joint that disconnected easily, but then the massive weight of Leena's blinding love of Dakka makes the stability issues really hard to deal with. Ironically I heard the Naomi special actually fixed some issues people had with the original Sniper kit but for some reason Leena's did not have those fixes. Of course I have seen very few full comparisons between the 3 kits, so no idea if those were isolated cases of Naomi's actually fixing things.
>>
File: 315630.jpg (125KB, 509x712px) Image search: [Google]
315630.jpg
125KB, 509x712px
As soon as I held the box this came in I knew I fucked up and bought something I shouldn't have. I hadn't read naruto in like a decade but the nostalgia took over. Took it out of the box once, put it back in, and it has been sitting in storage somewhere ever since.
>>
>>6258653
this reminds me of that bird that collects random blue things
>>
>>6272379
Well you just made their collection seem a lot cuter.
>>
>>6272379

Hey, man. Bitches love blue.
>>
>>6272379
BECKY

LEMME SMASH

pls
>>
I have a bunch of figma and nendoroids in my closet that I impulse bought when I had cash for the first time. It's been some years and I literally just give them away to other random weebs I know.
>>
SRCs. Fucking diecast shit is too heavy, the limbs are loose and most stands can't hold them.
Also Robot Spirits Sazabi. It's all plastic but has the same problems.
>>
>>6259418
Stop being triggered, brand loyalist. Figma fucked up.
>>
>>6271721
>you must have some massive balls if you are displaying a figure of a gohan.
Not him but why?
>>
>>6248077
I bought three of them when they were first released (Sailor Moon, Mercury, and Venus) and they are ridiculously fragile. Venus is the most durable out of the three that I have, but the disappointment was so big that I never bothered to buy the rest of the Sailor Senshi. I might reconsider it if they fixed the issues but I kind of moved on from Sailor Moon.
>>
>>6278655
Because it outs him as a weeaboo
>>
>>6278828
Are you 12?
>>
Revoltech Jehuty

It's just a clicky mess that doesn't look good from any angle or in any pose.

I keep meaning to sell it but the box is fucked and I just can't be bothered.
>>
>>6248077
Nostalgia and those long legs are good excuses to acquire them but eventually you realize that they are not what you used to collect but it is too late
>>
>>6278843
>doesn't look good from any angle
>literally has more accurate knees than the Riobot and more accurate to the design in general
Come on bro. If you don't like the joints I get that but he is one of the better releases. There is nothing wrong with it outside of the joint system.
>>
>>6269557
Hordika were supposed to look like shit being as they were mutated.

But for people who just wanted cool toys, I understand the complaint.
>>
>>6256616
Too much silver on the Toas, and that was the period that the sockets were smaller than the balls, so doing anything custom meant shattering the new joints.
>>
>>6245698
> tokushit
Son you blind af
>>
Pretty new collector, what exactly makes you guys impulse buy? I have seven figures currently and they were shit I spent weeks, even monthes considering. That might just be that my dad made me feel like shit when I bought stuff in my childhood though.
>>
>>6278961
>That might just be that my dad made me feel like shit when I bought stuff in my childhood though.
This might sound weird, and to start answering your question tangentially, but: keep other people out of your head when buying. Part of impulse buying is the rush--recapturing your childhood, sticking it to your dad, buying into hype alongside a community of people, a new package in the mail, etc., even just showing off--but that is, to a greater or lesser extent, no different than a petty fix. So, don't go for a rush, go for *satisfaction*: things that make YOU hype, things that you've always wanted to see or have; and that satisfaction shouldn't be technically-so,either, don't go for things you just "should" like --- and admit defeat if a purchase did in fact burn you, then move on. In turn, sit on your purchasing decisions: see if they're still interesting next week, try to preorder things from sellers who allow you to cancel, at least to a point, if you change your mind --- and, paradoxically, don't let a good opportunity pass you by, less you regret-buy other things to try to fill that disappointment. If that seems self-contradicting advice, it kind of is: so see your early collecting as a honing of wants, skills, and gut instinct, and then don't torment yourself with regret if some things don't go right at first; just shrug it off, learn from it, take care of it, and move on. Also: don't buy drunk, and then don't browse drunk, either, if that's what it takes. And, most importantly of all, it's really easy to get caught up in concatenated purchases, lump shipping, sale deals, "what the hecks" and "just one mores:" have a budget, and make sure it MEANS something. A budget you're willing to fudge isn't a budget and defeats the purpose. (And one more thing: keep an eye on your space: simply "having" things, even if they're in storage, is no fun: take care of your goods, display them properly, and if you run out of room, it's time to rethink, not fudge.)
>>
>>6278961
Because I make my own money, manage it myself, and I set aside a certain amount every paycheck just for whatever I want?
>>
>>6279084
This is an excellent post and should be stickied. It took me years of buying toys to get all these realizatioons.
>>
pretty much my entire collection, i have a few grand worth of this shit and i want to get rid of it all but it's so out of control the undertaking is just this massive fucking project i just don't have the energy for
>>
>>6279253
what kinda shit you got, boy? i might be interested in taking some stuff off your hands
>>
>>6279084
Great advice. Here is some advice I give to new collectors often:
Try to expose yourself to toys as soon as possible. Pay attention to various conventions and event coverage so you can see prototypes in their early unpainted form all the way up to their final painted form. The earlier you expose yourself the more likely any false hype will die down BEFORE it goes up for pre-order. Then you can focus on collecting the stuff you truly care about and thus be less likely to hoard shit you can't get rid of.

That alone will save you tons of money, regret and hardship. Also never buy from stores that don't let you cancel freely. HLJ has become my go to shop just because they allow cancellations. It helps me stay within budget and also cancel figures that turn out to have massive QC issues on release. Even after you pay for an item you still have 10 to get a full refund for anything in your private warehouse. Though to be fair AmiAmi "forcing" me to buy a few things did turn out being pleasant surprises...generally speaking though I was mostly disappointed.
>>
File: figma fat madoka.jpg (115KB, 1000x941px) Image search: [Google]
figma fat madoka.jpg
115KB, 1000x941px
I really regret buying the Goddess Madoka figma. Sure it's a nice sculpt and looks great once you get it posed, but the thing is a nightmarescape. The figma is so heavy that the figma stands have a hard time holding certain kinds of poses. Also, it's fairly fragile. I've had the sides of her dress fall off a few times just handling the figure casually. It's nice to look at, but honestly was not worth getting. Really, I only got her because I didn't have any Madoka figmas at the time and I really wanted to fill in that missing character from my collection. If only I could get all my money back and just buy the much cheaper and better Madoka in her magical outfit.
>>
File: IMG_1505.png (77KB, 226x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1505.png
77KB, 226x196px
>>6258653
Reminds me of pic related.
>>
>>6244721
Man, you shoulda sold those a few months ago, before everyone knew about the reissues. Ryuko was going for a pretty penny.
>>
File: DSC_1578s.jpg (780KB, 1000x1183px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1578s.jpg
780KB, 1000x1183px
>>6258653

Where's Star Platinum?
>>
>>6272379
>>6258653
>Blue and Yellow? no..
>>
>>6258653
I don't display by color but I am tempted to buy any green and yellow figures I see (Springers, Links, Peridots that kind of thing) so I probably could at this point.
>>
>>6256447
how much did you drop on that, anon?
>>
File: 81l9Ke87QLL._SX355_.jpg (23KB, 355x264px) Image search: [Google]
81l9Ke87QLL._SX355_.jpg
23KB, 355x264px
His hand broke off immediately and the face looks like absolute shit; one of the worst likenesses I've ever seen.
Whole line was a bust.
>>
>>6247064
what's wrong with it? I'm thinking of buying it
>>
>>6278655
because gohan suck
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.