[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird shit on pre-owned figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

So I've been buying the Gutto Kuru Nanoha line with the intention of eventually starting a blog or something to review things like this since there's next to no information online about these figures.

I got Nanoha herself just a few days ago and when I opened her she immediately fell apart into about 7 pieces, I put her back together and assumed she just had a bad torso joint but after messing with her again today I noticed that the previous owner swapped her joints with Revoltech ones instead.

Anyone else had something like this happen? Also do you think this is worth complaining to Mandarake about?
>>
>>6236109
>since there's next to no information online about these figures

That's because most Gutto Kurus suck.
>>
File: IMAG2674_1_1.jpg (60KB, 390x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2674_1_1.jpg
60KB, 390x945px
Forgot to mention that the neck joint was also swapped and that the original joints were included in the box.
Coincidentally the black Revoltech joint actually helped the Fate I'd ordered since it was a tight fit giving her more torso articulation

There was just no mention of the joints being swapped though, I assume it's because they wouldn't even have thought to check for something like that, I've never had it happen before.
>>
>>6236125
Yeah I've noticed, they look good if you get them in a decent pose but my god are they a fucking nightmare to get to that stage.
They're dirt cheap on Mandarake so I'm not too bothered about the quality, no chance in hell would I pay the original retail price for these though.

I still think it'd be useful to have information about these things online somewhere on the off-chance someone else is curious about them. I found 2 reviews at most when I was searching for info on them.
>>
>>6236138

It's not only the poseability, but the sculpts too. Figmas already looked way better than the Gutto Kurus back then. Most Gutto Kurus look closer to someone cosplaying with a kigurumi mask than the actual character, the faces are too lifeless.

The cheap prices are understandable because pretty much nobody wants them. There are better options for most of those characters.
>>
>>6236176
not for the girl from gunbuster!
>>
>>6236138
While there might be better options out there, I'm with you in that it's useful at the very least.
Never hurts to at least have the information out there in the off chance 1 other person wants to know.
>>
>>6243964
I know there are exceptions, that's why I wrote "for most".

And it's a real shame because a Noriko figma would be an instabuy for me.
>>
File: kHmqRDY.jpg (417KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kHmqRDY.jpg
417KB, 1200x1600px
So I finally managed to get a vintage Star Saber from Japanese ebay. After receiving it I realized it had the previous owner's name written on the back with hiragana. I know a little japanese, so I could read: Yasuhiro. The writing is with dark blue sharpie on a dark blue surface, so it doesn't bother me much and I kinda like the fact that I'm owning some japanese kid's treasured figure :)
Pic related
>>
>>6244966
That Star Saber could be the Buzz Lightyear of a japanese Toy Story.
>>
>>6236109
>>6236131
As long as the original joints were included I'd say the previous owner did you a favor. And complaining to Mandarake will only earn you a ban unless they sent you someone else's order by mistake and you can prove it. They have disclaimers on every page telling you they aren't responsible for the condition of the items you receive and you agree to those terms when you use their site.

>>6244966
That's neat but also kind of sad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.