[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythic Legions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 65

>Kickstarter Funded
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s

>BackerKit Update: March 19th, 2017, to April 9th, 2017.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s/posts/1828067

>1.0 Re-issue news
http://imgur.com/a/had4J

>News
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/

>ToyFair Pictures
http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-four-horsemen-studios-mythic-legions-display-241464

http://toyfair17.asmzine.com/gallery/four-horsemen-studios-mythic-legions/

>BBTS has got Covenant of Shadow in stock:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mythic%20legions&page=1

Last Thread
>>6220047
>>
>>6232529
that pic is fucking awesome
>>
>>6232438
Whats going on with this thing anyway? Werent we supposed to get this art book with the ks? I know they had delays aka they forgot about it and started working on it a few months ago but its been so long and weve gotten so many boring teases ive forgotten about it.

Now did it actually release and people got it in hand? I never got one.
>>
So I opened 3 of my Covenant of Shadow figures so far, and they're ok. Sir Ignatius is sadly the weakest. His lower body is entirely floppy, and while the legs on the Templar and Volligar could use some tightening they aren't so bad. The paint does seem a tad weaker than what I'm used to from this line. Missing paint on the shield, very some parts not painted all the way through, etc. The regular issue with the weapons. Got Asterionn and Gideon to go, but I'm a little saddened but what I see in the package. Asterionn has the classic nose rubbing against the package and thus has a naked spot on his nose, and Gideon's paints seem quite muddled, especially the scratches on the white. Ah well, quite nice overall. I have quite a few now, but I might have to rethink how many I was going to get from 2.0.
>>
>>6232562
>Now did it actually release and people got it in hand? I never got one.
No physicals are not out yet, but you're supposed to have the digital pdf version emailed to you sometime last month. Still steaming pile of misspelled horseshit and bad art

You can read the preview here
http://www.newsarama.com/33096-greg-weisman-brings-mythic-legions-to-life.html
>>
>>6232554

Yeah for some reason over the last year Mythic Legions has inspired some really amazing toy photos.
>>
>>6232660
The stretch mark should just be a new surprised character or army builder
>>
>>6232570
>I might have to rethink how many I was going to get from 2.0.

Pretty much. You should contact the 4H and tell them your gripes. We need as many people as possible to let them know that the declining 1.75 quality compared to 1.0 is not acceptable.
>>
>>6232651
Correction, the stretch goal is one of the standard flags accesory for the Fanex character, with 4H logo in it.

Still pretty weak attempt to salvage garbage figure
>>
>>6232651
I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding, but the 900k stretch goal unlock thing will be a special standard with the 4H logo on it and it will come with the fanex.
>>
>>6232670

You're sure salty people didn't vote the way you wanted them to.
>>
>>6232664
Unfortunately this quality dip IS acceptable to most from the comments and justifications i'm seeing. There is a small minority really pissed off, a small minority disappointed but still supportive and then a large contingent who believe that "well 4H is still way better than any other line out there so I don't mind. The first several waves were just so stellar it's created unrealistic expectations but the 1.75 wave is still an amazing value"

Until every single comment is demanding blood (answers) and retribution (promises it won't happen again) we will just continue seeing a downward spiral. I really REALLY hope that 2.0 turns out awesome for you guys but I pulled my pledge out for now.
>>
File: what i just dont what.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
what i just dont what.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>6232651
Wait...I thought the design of this character was slanted towards a stealth/thief archetype? Hence the black bodysuit?

What the hell does she need a standard for?!?

"We're going to sneak into the castle but first let me unfurl my colors for all to see!"

A unique weapon/magic item might have served it better?
>>
>>6232684
>A unique weapon/magic item might have served it better?
That'll involve new molds, and judging by the list of POs that people posted here and in the official forum not that many people are getting the fanex.
>>
>>6232684
>I thought the design of this character was slanted towards a stealth/thief archetype? Hence the black bodysuit?

It was already a lost cause when they voted for metallic blue armor
>>
File: 1488377449751-01.jpg (138KB, 463x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488377449751-01.jpg
138KB, 463x800px
>>6232810

Just a simple change to red and it would have worked so much better.
>>
I'd actually be okay with the War Standard, i think they are great!

Would push me over the edge to get her- although theres no official post of that yet..... and the guy deleted it so..
>>
>>6232831
that looks even worse tbqh
>>
File: Screenshot_20170310-214259.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170310-214259.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>6232833

Found it
>>
>>6232833
>theres no official post of that yet
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s/posts/1828475
???
>>
>>6232831
better? I don't think so.
maybe try white color.
>>
>>6232831

That looks God-awful. The original is way better.
>>
>>6232831
>>6232837

I think it's the smooth black bodysuit that kind of ruins it to be honest. Maybe if she just had tights and a bare upper body.
>>
>>6232670
>>6232837

Hmm even the paint job on the flag sounds pretty rough.
>>
>>6232831
I don't hate it.

As an oldfag /tg/ player it reminds me of the Scarlet Brotherhood from Greyhawk.
>>
File: DSCN0207[1].jpg (215KB, 661x949px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0207[1].jpg
215KB, 661x949px
>Daddy's home, bitches.
>>
>>6233097

Getting two of the FemVamp Legion Builders to be his warrior concubines, similarly doing a Vamp Knight to be Lucretia's boy toy
>>
I have a question for everybody, of course we all know that the line was originally planned for 1/18th and then switched, for most this was a good decision but there are still some upset that the "legions" aspect of mythic legions are harder to make happen, along with the desire for beasts and bases that we will see very few of.

I think that 1/18th is too similar and ultimately will never happen. The overlap is too great, both in interest and what the toys would actually be-literal shrunk down versions of what we have now.

But would there be interest in an even smaller scale version of this line, like 1/24th scale? This would be able to give a heavy focus on playsets and creatures along with the ability to get massive armies the size of megabloks minifigures. I love the sculpting and design of these guys but wish for a grander display of environments, anyone else think this is a good idea?
>>
>>6233303
I wasn't going to get the Baron until the bio where I read he was Lucretia's father. I am getting a sixpack of the femvamp legions and Lucretia, but I'm skipping on the malevamp knight because I find him least interesting. The generic malevamp is the only vamp I'm passing on.
>>
>>6233409
I'd like a Mega Bloks to do another fantasy line, or some other company to do a similarly articulated line around that scale, but I wouldn't want Four Horsemen to divide their attention between two separate scales for Mythic Legions. They're already balancing ML, their other lines, and their actual main work as sculptors for other companies. Releases for both scales would be so few and far between that instead of pleasing both 1/12 collectors and smaller scale army builder/playset fans, they'd end up disappointing everyone.
>>
File: g1qh36c3o1_500.jpg (265KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
g1qh36c3o1_500.jpg
265KB, 495x700px
So found my Scaphoid to have flaking joint paint in all but his right arm. Not a huge deal but curious how common this is. I've seen reports of it on the bare skin figures but not on the normal ones. Is the actual body paint a bit more durable?
>>
File: DSC00678_1.jpg (1MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00678_1.jpg
1MB, 3000x1688px
>>6233464
Flaking joint paint is incredibly common. I'd say 80% of paint on the joint flakes away/cracks, but usually 4H had the decency to mold the joint in color that is close to the respective limbs. You can clearly see in my pic here that the paint on the joint itself has completely flakes away

The problem with naked body is that for some reason it was all molded in translucent plastic, and the sculpt is too tight so when the paint on say forearm or shoulder flakes it reveals the translucent plastic splotch underneath.
>>
File: tumblr_nhw9lhurs61tomn2zo7_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhw9lhurs61tomn2zo7_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>6233523
Thanks! Yeah Scaphoid has decent color underneath. I see now what they meant on your pic.
>>
Do they ever reopen the Backerkit if there's a delay or something? I want to add a lot more if they do
>>
>>6233437

Im only doing one of the Male Vamp Knight, I like the unhelmeted head and the full elf helm , i dont like the half condom jaw strap one
>>
File: swordsnow.jpg (2MB, 1920x1460px) Image search: [Google]
swordsnow.jpg
2MB, 1920x1460px
Another rider for the charge!

Same horse from the crusader in the previous post. This is the LOTR Legolas horse which I think fits in the legion fine. It does come with that horse head armor.
>>
>>6233523
>The problem with naked body is that for some reason it was all molded in translucent plastic

But literally all of the figures are molded in translucent plastic. Look into the bottom of the torsos and heads. Or scrape some paint off the softer skirt armor.
>>
>>6233455
>>6233409
I would still give many money bills if they shrunk the line down to 1:18.
And it wouldn't take much work, as they have the capability to downscale them pretty easily. Only the engineering would likely have to be changed.

So here's hoping they don't fuck up the Power Lords series now that they bothered to update the engineering on those. The first series was a hard buy because of how limited the articulation was and i hope they understood that.
>>
>>6234036
>But literally all of the figures are molded in translucent plastic. Look into the bottom of the torsos and heads. Or scrape some paint off the softer skirt armor.
For some reason only the fleshtone paint scrape off. My green naked orc is good as new and has none of the scraping issues.
>>
Does anyone have any experience making cloth shirts for 6in scale action figure? A lot of tutorial I found online is for WWE figure T-shirt, but I'm thinking more along the way of having a loosely worn chainmail.

It kinda bothers me that the barbarians figure in this line are utterly naked, and the knights are heavily armored from head to toe making it a very unbalanced fight. A loosely worn ""t shirt"" like cloth made of netted mesh cloth you can buy from Walmart should be more than enough, as even the Vikings, barbarian among barbarian still wear mail armor historically to war
>>
When the backerkit is sent out is it possible to change your initial pledge?
>>
>>6234391
if it makes you feel any better, heavily armored knights like you've seen in this line usually fight mounted, because all that armor really wears them down and slows all movement. Making the line pretty weird to not have a mount of any sort.
So that barbarian would win a 1v1 fight pretty easily.
>>
Just scored a spectral Dr. Strange Marvel Legends for 10$, thinking he'll go well with Hagnon. I wasn't going to buy one originally, but seeing that Cumberbatch-Strange isn't really iconic, the figure just looks like a generic mage ghost.
>>
>>6234400

Like, if you're not wanting that figure anymore, or do you mean adding on to everything?
>>
File: spooke ghost 2kpx.jpg (970KB, 2000x1630px) Image search: [Google]
spooke ghost 2kpx.jpg
970KB, 2000x1630px
>>6234538
Pic related, the eye of aggamoto accesory is just a necklace that can be removed, making him even more generic.
>>
File: IMG_6175.jpg (203KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6175.jpg
203KB, 768x1024px
>>6234391
I believe some guy in the customs thread did pic related some time back. Might be worth going there and asking how he did it.
>>
>>6234212
Boss Fight is doing 1:18 fantasy at the end of this year. So for me that works out, I'm glad to have the genre at both scales.
>>
>>6234617
ooh, I hope they do a bearded wizard guy
>>
>>6234353
>For some reason only the fleshtone paint scrape off. My green naked orc is good as new and has none of the scraping issues.
The molds are the exact same, the clearances should be the same as well. My only theory is that the flesh paints are painted on more thickly with more coats and thus get damaged more easily by catching onto the rim of the joints. I've seen some chipping on others as well but it doesn't even come close to the humans flesh tones.
>>
>>6234391
It's honestly pretty much the same as making a full sized shirt...only smaller. Finding a proper pattern and the right material is probably harder then the actual sewing/gluing of the fabric, as at the scale we're dealing with, it would be very easy for things to bunch up and hinder articulation.

>>6234400
Yes you can change your pledge (iirc) but you can't lower it. So you're stuck having spent at least whatever you already pledged and can only change your preferred reward and/or add to the amount you choose to spend.

>>6234405
There is absolutely no correct information in this post.
>>
>>6234541
2spooky4me
>>
>>6234353
I'm pretty sure the fleshtone paint just wasn't as good a mix of paint that the factory said "Fuck it, just put it on"
>>
>>6234539
I wanted to substitute my iron knight for the steel one.
>>
File: foot knights.jpg (357KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
foot knights.jpg
357KB, 950x534px
>>6234668
But it's true.

Mythic Legions are mostly heavily armored and you would not see them on foot unless they were knocked down from their mounts.

Notice their limbs aren't fully enveloped in plate armor and aren't wearing heavyass thigh length skirts. These are historical minis, btw.

And if you're into fantasy books, most adventurers do not wear full plate. They have maybe breast plate and bits on their head and arms, but everywhere else they wear a lot of chainmail or leather if anything.
>>
Does anyone know how removable the tunics are on the Templar Knights & Sir Gideon? I want to do a "Templar leader" swap and have the red cross be on Gideon with his Bucket Helm but still waiting on both to arrive - thinking could also swap out a golden knight legion builder too
>>
>>6236156
It's a torso piece, so it's removable in the sense that you can remove the arms and waist from it.
>>
>>6235815
Non that anon, but that's completely false. Full plate isn't heavy and the only reason not to wear it is expense. also your little dude on the far right is wearing full plate.
>>
File: light infantry anything but.jpg (42KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
light infantry anything but.jpg
42KB, 400x296px
>>6236286
>derp
http://www.livescience.com/15128-armor-drained-medieval-knight-energy.html
How about a little common sense? AND we have a whole mess of historical records and paintings to know why those on foot wore way less armor
>A new study that put armor-wearing volunteers on treadmills finds that wearing a full suit of armor (which might weigh up to 110 pounds, or 50 kilograms), takes more than twice the energy of walking around unencumbered.

Shit, they even say that wearing all this shit on your back requires less energy than wearing a suit of armor even though they weigh the same.

>"It's possibly one of the reasons why the French lost, despite there being many, many more French soldiers than there were English."

Even in fantasy it's always written how heavy armor is shit compared to how the heroes usually dress (only a few bits of plate with everything else being mail, leather and other light armor).
>>
>>6236304
>which might weigh up to 110 pounds
Only a jousting suit would EVER way that much, a combat ready full suit from ~1500 would weigh more like 60 pounds.

>Common sense
Common sense tells us tons of things that aren't true.
There's even quite a few videos of people doing calisthenics in full plate. Literally impossible with 110 pounds of anything.

>Even in Fantasy
I mean, I love fantasy too, but fantasy writers are the first group of people to spout false info about historical weapons and armor. Just look at how swords are treated (swords are heavy, they cut through everything etc)
>>
File: cheery mercs.jpg (37KB, 481x450px) Image search: [Google]
cheery mercs.jpg
37KB, 481x450px
>>6236328
>still wants to argue despite all proof to the contrary
You realize that the armor that the Mythic Legions are wearing IS calvary/heavy armor, right?
That's why the legs are completely encompassed in armor and they have those huge ass metal skirts.

Oh, and that mini on the very right? His thighs aren't inside armor, only the front part, because mobility and weight is important when on foot, because no one wants to die of heat stroke after moving across the field in half an hour
>>
>>6236352
>despite all proof
>one article about putting guys in armor twice as heavy as full plate on treadmills
>common sense and also fantasy writers as arguments
can't gonna argue with that.
That's not what this thread is about anyways, so I'm not gonna continue
>>
File: danish men.jpg (41KB, 331x450px) Image search: [Google]
danish men.jpg
41KB, 331x450px
>>6236362
>all historical knowledge and scientists doing their science stuff are no match for my ignorance
no shit?
>>
>>6236304
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
>>
File: fat-man.jpg (45KB, 447x683px) Image search: [Google]
fat-man.jpg
45KB, 447x683px
>>6236508
>still wearing less armor than any of the mythic legions
>not showing comparisons against lightly armored soldiers
>ignores the fact that battles are lengthy
>ignores the fact that knights on foot worse less armor
>shows them doing a couple seconds of mild exercising
Ever watch that episode of the Critic where morbidly obese Jay Sherman runs the marathon? At the start of the race, he's ahead of everyone, running faster than everyone, but only for the first 10 seconds because he's fat.
Fighting in heavy armor is sorta like that and that's why everyone back then avoided wearing a ton of armor back then, and even fantasy writers can't make that believable.
>>
>>6236539
>that's why everyone back then avoided wearing a ton of armor back then

At this point I know your trolling.

p.s. the reason everyone didn't wear full plate was the cost, not the weight. It was literally the height of defensive technology "back then".
>>
File: spanish 15th cent.jpg (65KB, 526x650px) Image search: [Google]
spanish 15th cent.jpg
65KB, 526x650px
>>6236555
>knowing history = trolling
Geez, are you really that flustered about your ignorance?
Just so you know, there were knights that fought on foot and they still didn't wear all that armor, because as has been stated many times over, what you wear on the horse isn't what you wear if you're not going to be mounted, because armor is heavy and cumbersome.
Yes, it had great mobility, but again you're going to be impeded by wearing all that shit vs not wearing big bulky armor. This is basic common sense.

I mean, for fucks sake, some of us have these figures and can actually pose the ones with less armor better than the ones that don't.
>>
>>6234538
Got my Strange from Target for $5! You could also pick up ToyBiz' King of the Dead, he's gitd/translucent.
>>
>>6236611
I bet he'd look cool with one of Hagnon's extra heads.

But that'd be forever from now. .-.
>>
>>6236589
>I mean, for fucks sake, some of us have these figures and can actually pose the ones with less armor better than the ones that don't.

I actually have these figures and the barbarians have LESS range of motion then the knights.

So go on, keep being wrong.

>>6236615
Most likely Hagnon's zombie head will be a bit too large, scale wise, to fit with the rest of the Marvel Legends body. The Legion's have pretty huge noggins and are pretty chunky in comparison.
>>
Any other photo shots of the Green skely? Picked him up on Ebay for pretty much retail today and I'm very excited.
>>
File: IMG_7926.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7926.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>6236632
Scaphoid is fucking great
>>
File: IMG_7927.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7927.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>6236804
>>
File: 1484964147249.jpg (56KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1484964147249.jpg
56KB, 670x503px
>>6236804
>tfw no red buddy for my green buddy
>>
>>6236804
>>6236807
Looks awesome thanks!
>>
File: Burning_Dead_(Diablo_II).gif (8KB, 51x77px) Image search: [Google]
Burning_Dead_(Diablo_II).gif
8KB, 51x77px
>>6236826
They still need a lightning skeleton and then an ice skeleton before it's truly complete
>>
What's with the Cave Dwarves legion builder? This is 100% complete retool, and should've been in mid waves rather than KS. He's the only figure that contains no unique tooling as if the 4H scrambled him off their workshop to pad stretch goals
>>
>>6236995

who cares
>>
>>6236995
Maybe people just wanted new/more dwarves? What's wrong with that?
>>
>>6236995
Loads of things in the new kickstarter are retools.

What's your excuse for that?
>>
>>6237078
>>6237088
>>6237105
Jesus there's no reason to be that defensive and triggered guys. I'm just pointing out that the figure is the only figure in the new KS who's a complete retool from previous mold. Everyone else has new tooling with exception to the obvious Fanex figure.

Considering the KS supposed to be you know, to kickstart some money for new tooling I feel kinda cheated that one of the figures are complete retool of existing molds.
>>
>>6236995
>>6237088

It is just to appease Dwarfbabies. It's a nice value but that bearded head is absolutely incompatible with those pointy shoulder pads even if you bend them far out to the sides the spikes on the front push the beard way out from the body.
>>
>>Get Templars from BBTS finally
>>Cross on body and crotch are slightly different shape than Godfrey
>>All the red on the body and shield is a different shade

lol why the fuck did I expect anything different
>>
>>6237626

pics!
>>
File: templars.jpg (439KB, 899x800px) Image search: [Google]
templars.jpg
439KB, 899x800px
>>6237899
>>6237626

It's not the end of the world but I want to love this line and it's the little details that drive me crazy. You'd think it would drive them crazy too, being the perfectionist artists they seem to be.
>>
>>6234212
>2015
Oh anon, those are never happening. My current Power Lords collection weeps because of it
>>
File: symbiotech 4 horsemen.jpg (173KB, 915x1023px) Image search: [Google]
symbiotech 4 horsemen.jpg
173KB, 915x1023px
>>6237918
Meh, 4H has a bazilllion plans that they have no immediate use for, but SOME DAY IT WILL HAPPEN, just like Mythic Legion mounts so that the armor the knights wear will finally make sense.

>5 years later
>4h still only making he-man accessories and clones
>>
>>6237917
Ugh that cross
>>
>>6238070
QC on 1.75 figures were rough, especially the linework on Templar legion builder and the Black Knight
>>
>>6237917
Godfrey's cross being super thick below the belt still annoys me.
>>
File: 2spookiemookie.jpg (337KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
2spookiemookie.jpg
337KB, 2136x1424px
Scaphoid arrived today and he's amazing. Here's hoping a yellow and blue Skeletons in the future.
>>
File: figma-dota-2-lina-511303.1.jpg (156KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
figma-dota-2-lina-511303.1.jpg
156KB, 1500x1500px
>>6232831
Except there's already an infinitely better figure for that archetype
>>
Anyone lost a bit of hype since the KS ended? Its enough of an excitement lost that im thinking of dropping my potential total by like 200$
>>
>>6239592
You kinda have to drop the hype, it's going to be a year + wait.

I can't stay hyped for that long. I'm trying to forget about it and one day coming home to a nice surprise at my door.
>>
>>6239592
I mean I'm obviously not as hyped as I was when the KS was just going up and new stretch goals were being revealed all the time, but not so much I'm considering lowering my intended pledge. I actually might be getting a figure or two more than planned.

My hype will really die once I've placed that backerkit pledge and it hits me I've spent $300+ on figures I won't see for at least a year.
>>
Where did everyone even get scaphoid

Please don't say bbts
>>
>>6234212
Power lords are coming back but in New mythic legion 6-7 inch scale. 4H have abandoned 1/18 because they fucked up the releases of it so much that they think there's no market for it. No, assholes, it's just that when you released 1/18 figures you were confused why the 10th repaint of the same 4 OSM figures stopped selling, and releasing one powerlord at a time every 4 months was not a good idea either! Then bam, we release 12+ different 6 inch fantasy figures at once and they sell great.

People like having a full toyline available, not slowly building it up over months or years. You can always add more to it, but a small selection of figures always leads to a small selection of buyers. Success is in variety, and if they weren't complete fucking retards we'd have good lines from them in BOTH 1/18 and 1/12, but they are so we don't.
>>
>>6239787
Store Horsemen. If you missed him there, then BBTS.
>>
>>6240550
Did they do a random restock? I got mine used for close to retail at Ebay.
>>
>>6240550
No I ordered it when it first went up
>>
Anyone interested in selling Sir Godfrey or a Templar knight?
>>
>>6240625
Same back in July
>>
Guys, you think it'd be hard to made a cast of the open and closing skull from the Mythic Legion skellies? Was thinking about trying to cast it
>>
>>6240857

should be easy, just unhinge the jaws, they come off easily.
>>
>>6240002
>Power lords are coming back but in New mythic legion 6-7 inch scale.

Do you have source of this information?
>>
>>6241171
I want to say 'his ass' but I'm not sure.
>>
>>6241171
I assume he's just thinking about that time they said something from the past is coming "in a different scale". Honestly, it's ambiguous what he even meant, that the old line will now be a different scale, or that an old line will come back a different scale from legions.
>>
>>6241269
well first I want to sewe the exact words of the 4hm guys and later see the year it was said, 4hm already had too much cool stuff unreleased...
>>
>Lack of updates finally made me check the 4H official forum for the first time to see what's up
>All these drama and shitposting from mentally ill people about Fanex bio
>All these autism

Jeez I thought we are the sewers of the internet
>>
>>6239592
>Im thinking of dropping my potential total by like 200$

I don't think you can do that, it's called a "pledge" for a reason unless you underpledged and were planning to increase your pledge later on in the backerkit.
>>
>>6241282
Looked through their site and found it. Update from November 17 on sourcehorsemen, but the relevant part is

"Oh, and another non-Mythic Legions related line that you’ve seen before in a different scale. Yeah… you’re curious… Details soon..."

So ya, more or less what I wrote.
>>
>>6241518
>Details soon

NEVER

E
V
E
R
>>
File: fdf340523a218a33ee5bf16800a0265f.jpg (870KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
fdf340523a218a33ee5bf16800a0265f.jpg
870KB, 800x1066px
>>6241518
hope this wil be true, I need more creepy sexy alien females

they are always so hard to find...
>>
>>6239592
People say that every time, and then they regret it later. Too funny.
>>
>>6232529
Backerkit this monday???
>>
>>6241850

Supposedly so, yessir. I'm ready to drop another $300 if my calculations are right. That skeleton troop builder got me in the end....
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
Dwarf king figure fully painted
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (87KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
87KB, 700x700px
>>6241864
Comes with 2 extra head. Extra head #1
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (96KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).jpg
96KB, 700x700px
>>6241866
Extra head #2, kinda stupid if you think about it considering how can he hide all the beards into this helmet, but I'm not complaining for extra accessories
>>
>>6241864
>>6241866
>>6241868

I'm in.
>>
I don't understand how this thing is not a legion builder.

It has pretty basic paint app compared to other $35 character, kind of ugly mouth sculpt, and unlike the skeleton warrior who justifies the $35 pricepoint with extra torso, this figure doesn't have anything going with exception of alternate head.
>>
>>6241864
Man that gold trim puts Gorgo to shame. He looks great tho.
>>
>>6241866
That looks super good.
>>
>>6241864
Eh not really buying the dwarf body, as the articulation on it sucks. With the shoulder pads on plus the beard, the dwarf head can barely move and the shoulder pad scratches all over the beard.

The heads might be useful for just headswap onto a generic human knight body so I can have a generic "king" character
>>
>>6241864
ehhhhh...
>>
>>6241864
>>6241866
>>6241868
It looks cool and all but I'll skip it
>>
>>6241891
Yeah not really a fan.

Not digging that cheap looking strip of random fake fur either.
>>
>>6241864
Sometimes I wish these dwarf figures can come with extra set of non-manlet limbs.

The headsculpt would perfectly fit a Viking/Barbarian king archetype, there's no reason why some figure has to be manlet and some don't. I don't really mind paying extra for extra set of limbs.
>>
>>6241866
>>6241868
He only comes with one extra head, it's just that the crown is removable.

Also, you could just use the helmeted head on extra versions of him to make an elite Dwarven Guard or something.

>>6242117
....buy a second figure and swap heads? The reason they're "manlets" is because they're Dwarves...being short is their whole thing.
>>
File: mino.jpg (59KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
mino.jpg
59KB, 700x700px
Oh shit
>>
File: unnamed (4).jpg (71KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (4).jpg
71KB, 700x700px
>>6242190
>>
File: unnamed (5).jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (5).jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>>6242192
>>
>>6242192
>>6242194
>>6242190
Eh looks like shit. Seems like they're trying to replicate the earlier minotits figure they had, but that naked female body buck, flabby arm, flat white paint are not doing it at all.

They need to sculpt a bit more fur & textures into the naked body buck to make this figure work. The head is also too big.
>>
>>6242190
fuck that's creepy
not too into the body but that head would look sick switched with a knight
>>
>>6242192
Yeah that's an easy pass for me. Which is disappointing because I was really excited for her. The head looks too big and too goat-like and the colors are boring. I would prefer whitetail deer coloration.
>>
>>6241864
Not digging that hair.
>>
>>6241864
>>6242190
I was looking forward to both of these but I really don't like how they turned out. Ah well.
>>
>>6242190
>>6242192
>>6242194
This triggers me on a number of levels. Females don't have horns (yes, I know it's a fantasy world) and the bare female body still sucks in my opinion. The color choices are odd as well. This could have been so fucking cool under different circumstances.

>>6242221
This is a way better looking figure. Are we ever going to get these things or did they lose all these molds?
>>
>>6241868

>>classic knight helmet in classic "black knight" colors
>>it's on a dwarf body

Well fuck that
>>
>>6242190
I think what bothers me about this is that it's a female cows head with antelope antlers
>>
File: 14544293449_68173c2119_z.jpg (75KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
14544293449_68173c2119_z.jpg
75KB, 640x449px
>>6242243
They had manlet black knight on display super early during 1.0 prototype days. Not clear why did they cancelled him.

Also remember the bright metallic blue & green knight with bucket helmet?
>>
File: img_1814a.jpg (191KB, 847x768px) Image search: [Google]
img_1814a.jpg
191KB, 847x768px
>>6242245
>female cows head
I agree with you that the figure looks like shit, but it's definitely not a female cow head. It's a white tailed deer head, I know it instantly from the oversized ears because I hunt these things.

The dumb thing about it is that it is a female white tailed deer who are not supposed to have antlers, with a milky white goat/sheep color scheme, an oversized head, fucked up proportion and smooth white human body with no fur.
>>
>>6242190

I for one love it, color scheme seemed off at first, but the white offers purity, considering Eathyron is Brown/Gold, Leodysseus will be standard tan lion colors most likely, im okay with having a milky white deer goddess. The black at the bottom should have been orange or a gold though
>>
>>6242279
>considering Eathyron is Brown/Gold, Leodysseus will be standard tan lion colors most likely

What? Where are the design for Eathyron and Leodysseus? Are all factions leader, or faction namesakes just furry deities/animals?
>>
>>6242283
Eathyron has a toy man, He's for sale on bbts currently.
>>
>>6242255
ahh yeah I could see that in the ears, but it seems like it would need to be skinnier though.
>>
>>6242190
Ugh, I wanted to get this one since I wanted all the gods but it's looking so bad.

>head has fur texture, body doesn't
>head is way oversized and looks weird from most angles
>shitty naked female body
>colors and outfit are really bland

Oh well, guess I'll get hagnon instead.
>>
>>6242362

HAGBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>6241864
>>6241866
>>6241868
Fuck, i really love dwarves, but this I might have to pass on
>>
>>6242190
>>6241864
I can't believe it took, what 3 weeks? To get these. They look like utter garbage compared to what I had thought about. Oh well thats fine. Thats like 70$ I wont have to spend.
>>
>>6242190
all white? what a wasted opportunity to add a cool fur pattern...

No way this can be true, they rushed her paintjob? of all the cool colors she can have she have a borring all white? I dont know... I feel this fugre can be much better
>>
>>6242255
I agree the white is just so boring and looks unnatural for a dear. More in the realm of goat or cow looking. They had a chance to make a stunning dear god and theh chose boring plain old flat white. I think it would have looked a lot better if they went for natural tan fur with some variations of brown. It would have helped having some fur texture as it transitions into the body. Easy pass too strange and lazy looking. They really phoned both these capstone figures in. Such dissapointing leader figs.
>>
>>6242190
RUSHED PAINTJOB!
>>
File: 1479112881276.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1479112881276.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>6242255
>look the toy fur color
>compare with the real one
>>
>>6242190
This could have been great, and it's so close to being so,but fuck if that head is fucking massive compared to the rest of the body. Like, how did they let the head get that big?Jesus. And the body is so god damn bare when you compare the texture, its just a damn shame. Also, am i the only one who thinks the head looks like a lamb instead of a cow? I swear it does.
>>
>>6242515
I mean, she looks cute, yes but for this kind of animal we can have something more exotic...
>>
>>6242221
>waaah waah they need to do this they need to do that do everything I say or it's wrong

I'm getting so tired of listening to you people complain over everything.
>>
File: FHM10098.jpg (31KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
FHM10098.jpg
31KB, 752x564px
>>6242523
>Like, how did they let the head get that big?Jesus
Proportions were never the strongest suite for the 4H. Some ML heads are way too big, and you can just look at DCUC figures for other atrocious proportions.

>I'm getting so tired of listening to you people complain over everything.
Where do you think you are? If you like the figure, good for you but there's nothing you can do to stop people from calling out your shit taste. If you want a safe space where 4H can do no wrong go back to the official forum
>>
>>6242676
You're just trying to get comments criticising the 4H to be deleted again, I'm not taking your bait to shitpost and reply.

You're entitled to your opinion and so are everyone else in the thread, and the response has been generally negative and there's nothing you can do to shout these opinions down
>>
>>6242667
Even the official forum is shitting 0n xylona. She's just not good.
>>
>>6242753
>She's just not good.

That's your opinion dude. And not a very good one, at that.
>>
>>6242746
You're the one who's being defensive, like you're literally defending a figure everyone else is shitting on.

>>6242753
Steel molds haven't been made yet. Now we can really see whether the 4H are willing to respond to fan feedback or not
>>
File: myle1_bg1.jpg (60KB, 290x395px) Image search: [Google]
myle1_bg1.jpg
60KB, 290x395px
>http://www.oafe.net/yo/myle1_bg.php
>Imagine if Assassin's Creed starred this guy.

Hey, that's actually a cool idea-

>The bio on the side of the packaging refers to it as one of a full species, but never provides a specific gender. So why assume that it's a male? For all we know, this may be a Bog She-Goblin!

Oafe just can't not be fucking cucks.
>>
>>6242761
Why do you even go there?

They're always trying to make shit political. Toy reviews should be fun, not preachy.

At the very least, a review site should have decent pictures. But they can't even do that.
>>
>>6242506
>I can't believe it took, what 3 weeks? To get these. They look like utter garbage compared to what I had thought about.

This is kind of how I feel about the ML line in general although replace weeks with a year. I don't think I have love/hated another line as much besides maybe Transformers.
>>
>>6242190
I was honestly really looking forward to this figure...but the all white fur is a surprising let down. A golden/auburn coloring with the black spots and hightlights would've been so much more interesting. Honestly, the fact they even used a humanoid figure to represent Xylonia was disappointing to me. It would have been so much more impressive if they waiting until they started making mounts and used a quadruped body to make a giant Deer/Forrest goddess with those awesome antlers and intricate colors/natural armor bits.

>>6242249
>Also remember the bright metallic blue & green knight with bucket helmet?

That Jorund, he was released in the first wave.

>>6242283
Effectively yes. The four main heroic factions (except Atlus' group) all worship four different "Great Beast Gods" who fought off the four "Great Evils" of the world to usher in an era of peace. The four Great Beasts are each factions emblems, and Eathyron was already made using the Raven's body. The two remaining Great Beasts, Leodysseus the Lion and Bassylia the Winged Serpent haven't been seen yet.

The four Great Evils will also get figures eventually, Arethyr will most likely be made first as they have art work of him in the art book, the rest are just an elder Demon, elder Skeleton and elder Vampire and really don't seem too interesting.
>>
>>6242797
They usually have something new every day, and sometimes they have a piece of information or a figure reviewed that's not reviewed anywhere else. I wouldn't have picked up Scarabus or MOTU stuff had it not been for their reviews.

Their SJW cuckery is annoying, though.
>>
>>6241868

Shit this looks so good it would be one of my top 5 figures if it was a normal-sized body.
>>
>>6243073

Well, just pop the torso off and put it onto some bigger legs.
>>
Are they gonna rush paint the weapon packs? I hope we see them painted by tomorrow or later today
>>
>>6242821
Those were pretty common reviews on multiple sites. Not trying to attack you, but there are way better places to get your toy info.
>>
>>6242190
Perhaps "she" is the long awaited transgender figure some forum members have hoped for... Female human (Elf?) From the neck down, male (deer) from the neck up...

Might be neat if she also came with an elf head, which is her "disguise" when traveling among mortals.
>>
>>6243159

I'm not necessarily saying that Xy should look like this, but I think if she did have some colour in her drapery, then her initial appearance would not have been as... startling as I think it was/is for most people.
>>
>>6243159
>Perhaps "she" is the long awaited transgender figure some forum members have hoped for
>Xy
>could be reference to "Xe"
Deer God...you might be right.
>>
File: xe.jpg (99KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
xe.jpg
99KB, 700x700px
>>
>>6243178
Nah, that head still looks too big and the colors are boring. Easy pass. Shame.
>>
File: 1456255365257.jpg (427KB, 1019x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1456255365257.jpg
427KB, 1019x1024px
I still love her because she is the only female beast we have but I must confess I expected something more exotic in her paint, she can have the coolest exotic paint of all toys and instead we had a plain white, so much potential wasted...
>>
>>6243159
>Might be neat if she also came with an elf head, which is her "disguise" when traveling among mortals.

good thing they didn't do that. would've lost another 40 buckaroos if they did
>>
>>6243178
Easy pass for me, not much going on. I mean, King bromdeen got three fucking heads, they kinda seem lazier here in regards
>>
>>6243079

then what do you do with the other figure?
also the colors won't match

>>in b4 repaint both of them
>>
>>6243178

Definite purchase for me. Looks good, can't wait to see her weapons.
>>
>>6243504

Flock Senpai, I'm with you!

Getting both her and Dwarf King- but definitely more excited for Xylona
>>
Looks like the backer kit should be going out by tonight if not tomorrow
>>
>>6243910
Good, I'd like to be done with this and start my 2 year wait.
>>
File: BarbarianBuilderIGuess.jpg (19KB, 203x347px) Image search: [Google]
BarbarianBuilderIGuess.jpg
19KB, 203x347px
>>6241882
Isn't she supposed to include an armored torso and some other extras?
>>
>>6244311

Even without it I mean the Skeleton includes an extra head and an extra torso.

The Barbarian includes an extra head, and a set of horns and a set of wings.

Both come with extra parts in addition to an extra head. It's like Glyos were cost isn't necessarily equal to weight/amount of plastic but mare like parts I guess.
>>
>backerkit will be up by 9pm EST guyz

Off to a good start eh?
>>
>>6244524
They said if not today then it's because they awaiting approval from the backerkit guys and it might be up tomorrow at 9 instead
>>
>>6242190
So considering the backlash that they got, and even in the updated photo people still think that the head's too big, do you think the 4H will address this even further?
>>
>>6244569
No theyre lazy. Also they seem to take a "were infallible and there would never be a problem with any of our designs and paint work, especially color schemes" approach to things. Funny enough its the exact same behavior as 4H shills here that cant handle the slightest but of criticism.

In short no once the backer kit is out theyre pretty much done.
>>
>>6244584
>Never take criticism
>Elf Legion got three heads after complaints
>Tibius got a whole redo after complaints
>>
>>6244593
So what is your prediction for this upcoming Xylona figure?
>>
File: 1485581950407.png (454KB, 500x767px) Image search: [Google]
1485581950407.png
454KB, 500x767px
>>6243931
>2 year wait.

... I dont even know if I will be alive in two years...
>>
>>6244593
>>Elf Legion got three heads after complaints
>>Tibius got a whole redo after complaints

I wish they hadn't listened to the Tibius people. Now instead of being the only Skeleton with nice silver armor he is covered in a brown wash that makes him look like he was stuck up someone's ass.

But really, why will they almost immediately give an $18 elf three heads but they won't even acknowledge any of the other issues, like the knight builder colors and missing paint apps on the All Stars?
>>
>>6244524
>>6244528

Out of like 200 updates between both Kickstarters I feel like most of them have the phrased "fingers crossed" somewhere in there. Just update us when you actually know something.
>>
>>6244685
because they cant address those issues anymore. Bad QC happens and they can say, "Hey sorry, the factory fucked up" But that won't change the fact that the figures got bad QC
>>
>>6244772
Why do you feel like you need to answer for them and be 4H spokeperson and keep apologizing?

Fuck off. They're not your family members
>>
>>6244772

Yeah but when they couldn't even get the factory to faithfully reproduce six 1.0 figures once, it makes their upcoming preorder for every single figure kind of dicey.
>>
>>6244783
Why do you come here and ask how or why they do things?
Fuck off. We're not their family members.
>>
>>6244783
Im not apologizing for them, I'm just saying they probably wont say anything

>>6244784
Yeah, I agree. I think they should definitely bring up that something happen but I mean, if you've already backed you just gotta ride that wave. We have a lot of time to see what they will do.
>>
>>6244783
Yep, there's nothing they can do, but the fact that it's going to be another two years from now to then makes it bad for them to react.

Most companies do what DCC did.
>All our figures going forward will feature stronger plastics, so be sure to check them out in four months
Plus their ability to easily replace figures, it look like they're actually doing something about it relatively fast.
>>
>>6244593
There's too much dicksucking and cognitive dissonance happening now. People like to be contrarian

There are ton of people who went all in in the official forum, and started to be super defensive about everything, from the oversized head, shitty textureless body, plain paint, etc to justify their purchase in their own head
>>
>>6233523
seeing this makes me feel like they aren't worth 40$ each.
>>
>>6244934
They really aren't. These figure are really $25 NECA tier quality paint wise, with pretty limited western style action figure articulation too, so slight markup from your average $20 Walmart toys.

The only reason why they're $35 plus shipping and tax is because one could argue that the 4H is a small business, so the economy of scale doesn't work as well, as they're probably only selling 500 of these figures each.
>>
File: battleground-teela-motuc-2.jpg (99KB, 631x1024px) Image search: [Google]
battleground-teela-motuc-2.jpg
99KB, 631x1024px
>>6243178
Do we know if these figures even still have thigh swivel? It is pretty hard to tell

The one similar figure (of kind of naked barbarian woman) sculpted by 4H was sorely missing the thigh swivel to make her decently poseable
>>
>>6244934
>>6244943

Yeah if I was buying these in stores I would probably have to dig through like ten of any given figure to find one with the best paintjob where the lines were neat and there wasn't any miss with the spray.
>>
File: rj7d56r.jpg (102KB, 780x484px) Image search: [Google]
rj7d56r.jpg
102KB, 780x484px
just reduce the head size.
>>
>>6244960
Still look pretty shit. They need a whole new body, because that naked female body is terrible juxtaposed onto hairy neck & head

Looks like someone's fursona in a furry convention
>>
>>6244960

It looks great the way it is, seriously. Just stop trying to screw things up.

>Looks like someone's fursona in a furry convention

Well duh, that's why these figures are a hit in the first place. You didn't think the birds won because they looked cool alone, did you?
>>
>>6244943
>your average $20 Walmart toys

You can just taste the salt pouring off this person's post.
>>
>>6245058
>It looks great the way it is, seriously. Just stop trying to screw things up.

Check out the comments section on the "uh.. we totally fix the figure guys, it was just the angle, totally" KS update

Check out the posts on the official forum

Check this thread, do you think all these negative posts are from one hater samefagging and keep repeating the same thing over and over again pretending to be different people?

If you like the figure it's fine, but realize that you're in small minority
>>
Just got my backerkit email.
>>
>>6245150
Me too, time to spend a shit load of money...
>>
>>6245065
I think you're the one that needs to realize you're in the minority here.
>>
>>6245150
>>6245200

I was hoping that we would be getting pics of Delphina's extra head, other extra heads, maybe some partially painted weapons, etc.
>>
>>6245150
>>6245200
Just finished filling mine out. I spent an extra 300 on shit and got everything i definitely wanted.

During the next sale I might get extra golbin and skeleton legion builders, Snag, King Nog'lin and Morglyth and maybe others depending on if I like them enough
>>
>>6245150
Yup. I made a spreadsheet beforehand, do I'm prepared. Just fuck my wallet up, 4h-sama.

Trying to decide if I want to add a female barbarian since I can replace her dumb circle boob torso with the skeleton's spare torso.
>>
File: finalML.jpg (80KB, 673x944px) Image search: [Google]
finalML.jpg
80KB, 673x944px
Here's my final order. Didn't add anything even though there's still some other figs I'm interested in since I'm moving soon, and replaced Xylona with Hagnon.
>>
>>6245272
>I was hoping that we would be getting pics of Delphina's extra head, other extra heads, maybe some partially painted weapons, etc.

Yeah this is pretty annoying. I hope they have the decency to show us Gwyndolin and Delphina painted helmetless head and the colors of the weapon packs.
>>
The email that the backerkit got sent to I no longer have access to. What is the contact for the 4h customer support? I click contact us and nothing happens.
>>
Backerkit is out and I added on $50 worth of shit on my $600 order
>>
Oh boy, here I go spending again
>>
Looks like I'll be throwing in for about $400 of stuff. Yeesh.
>>
File: MYL BACKERKIT 03.20.17 4chan.jpg (955KB, 1375x3500px) Image search: [Google]
MYL BACKERKIT 03.20.17 4chan.jpg
955KB, 1375x3500px
Here is a fresh one for anybody that needs to crunch some new numbers. I added the updated versions of the stragglers.

Slightly larger res version can be found here:
http://imgur.com/CtJBNVI
>>
>>6245380

was thinking about adding the orc builder to my order, then i realized that the backerkit didn't mention anything about the stretch goals or parts list.

So looked it up and it seems she didn't have anything extra added from the stretch goals.

This list confirms that, so yeah bummer.
>>
>>6245416
Yeah I've TRIED to cover all the stretch add-ons, & some of them were guesses so if anybody spots one I missed or have the wrong weapon let me know & I'll fix it.
>>
I'm having seconds thoughts on Snagg. I got all the goblins and a skelly builder. What $33 figure should I get, fellow anons?

Do we have to pay 2.50 for the bonus sword? I thought it was free?
>>
>>6245495
>I got all the goblins and a skelly builder. What $33 figure should I get, fellow anons?

Hagbro or Brother Mandibulus

>Do we have to pay 2.50 for the bonus sword? I thought it was free?

You get one free for any order over 30 bucks. They Are 2.50 each if you want more
>>
>>6245495
Get snagg youll regret not having an awesome gobbo warband
>>
File: 1457587381351.gif (1MB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1457587381351.gif
1MB, 250x190px
>Brother Mandibulus

or

>awesome gobbo warband
>>
>>6245506
Gobbo warband can be awesome without Snagg as far as I'm concerned. B-Mandy is worth it.

Was going to pass on the Iron and Steel knights but I feel like the part-swapping and customization fodder is worth picking them up for. The double helmets sealed the deal for me.
>>
File: barbs 1.jpg (1MB, 2969x2422px) Image search: [Google]
barbs 1.jpg
1MB, 2969x2422px
Huh, the Dekker MOTU heads worked better than I thought...
>>
>>6245600
did u drill out the heads to make them fit?
>>
>>6245640
I was going to do that but the ball joint was so big I decided it was easier to dremel it down rather then carve out a hole in the heads big enough to accommodate it.
>>
>>6245596
After literally 20 mins of pros and cons, I chose Mandibus. I'm just not feeling Snagg's design.
>>
>>6245658
I was in your shoes during the kickstarter. All the other goblins look really cool and I like them. Snagg, however, just seems silly. I don't care for the painted on body suit or his nose.
>>
>>6245495
Get 2 of $18 gobo, only $3 more then $33 for snagg
>>
>backed for the sole purpose of getting Xylona and Mandibulus

Well since Xylona turned out awful, I've got no idea who to replace her with. I was leaning toward the skeleton soldier, but I also like Delphina, and Gryshaa has one crazy ass helmet that is appealing to me for some reason. Same with Morgolyth.
>>
I'm glad king Bromdenn turned out the way he did, saved me 33 bucks
>>
>>6245792
That's what I did instead of getting gonxx.
>>
>>6245846
That's not a bad idea. I think I'm just going to get the Goblin 6-pack. Keep two ($15 a piece) and flip the remaining 4 for $40-$50 each. That almost covers 3/4 of my entire pledge. I can then nab Snagg to have a complete Goblin Gang.
>>
>>6245982
Why not keep an extra one and use the extra Knubnik head on it?
>>
>>6246011
Maybe. I have ~2 years to think about it. I can't wait to take photos.
>>
Ended up grabbing a couple more than planned during backer kit, due to extra heads to display doubles. Man....Gonna have a huge awesome box to open in the future.
>>
Was actually cheaper for me to do the All-In then to do ad-hoc, still got the best doubles and figured I can sell off the ones i was gonna exclude if I dont like them (Boarrior, Snagg)
>>
Anyone read anywhere if Balam's tail comes off or if it's molded onto a new crotch/skirt piece?

The helmet makes me want to get a couple now.
>>
>>6246049
Buying in bulk seems to be the way to go if you're buying a lot. It's too bad we wont see a return for at least a few years.
>>
>>6245280
That's actually a pretty good idea. It would make the Fembarian a lot more interesting looking, especially with the full headed helm. That said, I have a feeling the circle boob piece, along with the other "bra" pieces (scale bra, snake bra, leaf bra) are all separately molded pieces just attached to the topless chest piece. The side of Xylonia's bra is the exact same as Urkzaa's, so it's possible the 4H made one topless chest piece with a "removable" bra so they could easily add different one-off bra design types. It wouldn't be the first time they've done somethig like that, they've already said Malachi and Aydon's ornaments are removable pieces and iirc pic related >>6244945 is one of their works and her top is capable of being removed.

>>6246063
The tail can be removed. IIRC the 1.0 waist piece has a hole in the back of it for things like tails to be added. It was something people were asking about from the original KS and the 4H said it would see use in future waves. The Boarrior also has a similar type of tail.
>>
>>6246063
I'm curious about that as well, I wasn't going to get him (not a furry fan) but the matching bucket helm made me do a 180 and might pick up a few more for custom knight fodder.
>>
>>6246026
Same, im gonna pose my goblins fightimg against my Links
>>
Any chance we'll see the painted unhelmeted head of Gwyndolin vs. Delphina?

Would be a big factor for me in deciding between the two
>>
>>6246049
>>6246070

It'd be a logistical nightmare but I kinda wish it was feasible to have a variant of the "all-in" but instead of one of each fig you get a price break on flat amount of figures of your choosing, so if you want multiples but not quite in batches of 6.

It'd have to be structured of course where you can only pick from a specific price bracket but it'd be a nice option down the road.
>>
>>6246150
The point of all ins are so that less interesting figures like the green face elf girl, and the fanex abomination would sell better and spread the cost further.
>>
So far I've got Balam, the Knight Builder, the elf weapons pack, and Xylona. I'm hoping she turns out better in person, honestly. I can stick her head on something else I guess.

Thinking about Hagbro, but I gots no other skellies for him
>>
>>6246238

hagbro comes with a translucent knight head too.
>>
So I'm totally getting the deluxe knight. Should I get a legion of the iron or steel knights? I like the aesthetic on the iron knights a bit better, but they're female. I don't know about having armies of all female units.

What other legion should I get for them to fight? Gobbos? Dorfs? Skeletons?
>>
Someone recently just uploaded a hollow Elite Knight Set 3D model on shapeways that you can scale

Should be perfect for ML customs if anyone interested

https://www.shapeways.com/product/34BYUU3D3/dark-souls-partial-knight-set
The original model is 7.5in tall, so you need to rescale the original model and reupload to your shapeway workbench
>>
>>6246085
Yeah I decided to get her. Too many cool headsculpts to pass up. She gets the skeletits boob armor, and skeletits goes titless, making her the only one with that goblin chestplate on a full height figure. The only other fig using naked midriff and breastplate is azza and her chestplate colors don't really make it look like plate.

I'm guessing the actual bra covering is "removable" in that it is molded separately and sealed together, but nothing more. Serpenshires swirlys are different, because they are basically a decorative piece on top of the regular round bra.
>>6246299
Oooh neat. I have a janky-ass 3d printer, so I might try it. Not sure why there's a breastplate though. Elite Knight set is all surcoat on the torso, that band of chest armor looks almost like the Fatarona set....
>>
>>6245596

Snagg is my favorite goblin by far. I love his goofy hat and his face. His leather armor pieces are kinda neat too.

The pug faced goblins are cool too but not as interesting looking.
>>
>>6245380
Doesn't Delphina also have an unhelmeted head?
>>
>>6246431
It's his cloth/spandex sleeves I don't like. If they had some amount of bagginess I'd grab him for sure, I love his headsculpt.
>>
>>6246440
You're right, I'll put it up on the next thread.
>>
>>6246299

Aside from cost, what would happen if you actually ordered this in aluminum or stainless steel? Would it be awesome metal knight armor or would you still have to spend ten years grinding and sanding to have it not look like shit?
>>
>>6246424
I think it's actually the Soldier set with the Elite Helmet?
>>
>>6246844
I have some shapeways stuff and it prints pretty good. But it still has a roughness to it that would fuck with the finish a little.
>>
File: ponyPictures1.jpg (1MB, 2182x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ponyPictures1.jpg
1MB, 2182x2448px
>>6246899
>>6246844

If you're to much of a snob and don't want to sand down your material, Hi-Def acrylate from shapeways work wonders. Pretty much as good as it gets technology wise for the moment.

I think on average it costs 3x as much
>>
>>6246893
I'll be damned, you're right. I knew something looked off.
>>
>>6246913
That is a pretty good finish.
I don't mind sanding, But for metals it would be a real shit to restore a decent finish. A lot of work that some might not be willing to bother with.

With that said, you can get some cool as balls stuff from Shapeways and their service is real friendly.
>>
So I'm thinking about buying a Bog Goblin off ebay to tide over my lust of gobos, is it any good? What would be a good price for it? I'm thinking about trying to get it for no more that $60
>>
File: 1473742676064.jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1473742676064.jpg
66KB, 700x700px
Looks pretty good.

Wish they'd show the unhelmeted Gwen/Delphina head.
>>
>>6248510
Fembarian looks good with the alt head too.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
They almost look cooler with each other's helmets
>>
>>6248514
I can't believe that head isn't being used anywhere else. It's really the only part of that builder set I like. I'll probably wait for like 2.5 or whatever and see if gets used again.
>>
File: 2222017213651.jpg (69KB, 576x711px) Image search: [Google]
2222017213651.jpg
69KB, 576x711px
I actually like this quite a bit. I may get him since I'm looking at selling my barbarian builder because the arm chipping bums me out.
>>
File: IMG_0685.jpg (56KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0685.jpg
56KB, 750x1000px
>>6248553
if u got any you want to unload, pop up an email and we'll talk
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (73KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
73KB, 700x700px
>>6248545
Yeah it looks great. It will get used again I'm sure
>>
>>6248545
>>6248586
The horns are unique too right? Think the skeleton also has unique ones.
>>
I was on the fence to add B'alam, but these photos sealed the deal. He's now ordered. He's as close to a Khajit knight figure that I'll get. If the female barb/orc figures actually had muscle tone then I would definitely be in trouble.
>>
So the 4H is just gonna sandbag all the complaints about Xylona and move on to production eh?
>>
>>6248717
I'm guessing it has to do with the tooling for the head joint. They probably made it as small as they felt they could while maintaining enough thickness around the neck's ball joint. I don't like how it looks either, but I was never really interested in her anyway.
>>
>>6248605
What photos? Cus I am also on the fence about him
>>
>>6248746
It's really just the new photo they showed. He comes with a trident, you can remove tail to make human knight, and I just dig the design.
>>
>>6248752
Or maybe that's not a trident? Hard to tell.
>>
Gob alternative head, god I can't wait
>>
>>6248770

i love this design but what if he pokes himself in the head with his collar
>>
What's the earliest possible time that we could get these? Is two years really an accurate ETA?
>>
>>6248753
It's a staff.

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/?p=3470
>>
>>6248775
Year and and a half is most likely, but two years isn't impossible. Even when you know how everything should work, so many things could still go wrong. That's just how manufacturing goes, especially when dealing with Chinese Factories.
>>
Just did my backerkit, surprised myself by swapping out Morgolyth for King Ironjaw.

Just not feeling confident that her helmet will actually look any good and, ultimately, she's just a unique head and torso, while he's a dwarf (which I don't already have), a king, has several head, and a neat fur addition.

Still no word on what weapons he'll come with.
>>
>>6248844
See the link in this post:
>>6248776

It lists all the weapons. Ironjaw gets a dwarf sword, dwarf hammer, and a dwarf one-sided axe
>>
File: IMG_3936.jpg (124KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3936.jpg
124KB, 700x700px
What do you think about this head. I get the idea of a half orc, but i don't think it looks too good.
But then again, i don't even really like half orcs...
>>
Anyone still waiting on completing the backerkit until we see more completed stuff?

If i finish it now, can i go back and edit it?
>>
>>6248906
I'm still waiting on gwen's second head.
>>
>>6248914

That, and a "complete" list of accessories, the one out right now doesn't count heads or belts or anything.

And i want to see the elf and evil weapon packs.
>>
>>6248906
you could edit the list anytime before the deadline.
>>
>>6248897
It's a very half assed introduction of a unique race
>>
>>6248553
>I can't turn my head to the side and I can't look down

Man some of these oversized helmet ornaments are dumb
>>
>>6249049

But...he can. The horns don't get in the way at all, you...DO realize that, right? You can even turn the horns.
>>
>>6249049
They can be rotated in their slots. Or swapped into the opposite side so they curl the other way. Or replaced with any other side-of-helmet piece. They just posed it that way to show another unique configuration of existing parts.

>>6248897
>>6249041
Its a little lazy, but it's also just a free head added in. Can't really complain, I can just store it away .
>>
I feel bad i didn't get deer goddess. maybe i'll add her on later.
>>
>>6248863
thanks
>>
>>6248965
Thanks!
>>
>>6249367
She looks bad. You can't really be blamed for not wanting it.
>>
>>6245304
mine is gonna be simialr but no morgolyth or mandibulus.
and 2 more gobos
>>
>>6249367
female beast is the most difficult to find toys and figures, If I was you I would buy her before any generic knight/male warrior, nowadays I always focus more on the most rare/original/exclusive figures but it's my point of view
>>
>>6253268
i do want her because concept is cool, but really, the shoulders need something on them
>>
>>6252063

Except she doesn't. You're just projecting onto people now, you know.
>>
File: IMG_2262.jpg (269KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2262.jpg
269KB, 1000x1500px
Thank you to the anon who made me aware of the castlevania loot crate sword.
>>
>>6253490
Yeah it's a neat sword. I got one as well and gave it to Vorgus. I really wish I could get the figure to hold the sword like you have but with both hands on it rather than one.
>>
>>6253490

Wow, that looks really fucking cool! And so does the sword, that fits perfectly.
>>
File: IMG_2023.jpg (119KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2023.jpg
119KB, 1000x703px
>>6253737
yeah. i enjoy these guys but better shoulder/arm range would be a major improvement. Still, i've been wanting good knight figures for years so this line scratches a massive itch for me.
>>
>>6254762
No doubt. It's silly how something as simple as a good knight or ninja line hadn't been done for so long.
>>
>>6248775
Another factor to consider is the sheer amount of figures over last time, but hopefully they will have some logistical improvement by then.

Yeah...I know...
>>
New Thread

>>6256808
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.