[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Articulated ninjas and shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

Preorder end this week. Did any of you order some ninjas? I was thinking about getting this guy and a 3 pack of basic ninjas but I'm tight on cash rn.
>>
>>6225383
I sent in a request for a refund several days ago, and they still haven't responded, getting pissed. Over a year late is just too much.
>>
I just realized I ordered some of these last january with the promise they'd ship in the spring.

wtf.

>>6225443
where do I go to send a refund request?
>>
>>6225458
>>6225443
I checked their KS they said they'll get them in April.
People are asking, can we get an update everyday
>>
>>6225467
KS gets stuff before people who preordered, and they told preorders their stuff would ship almost a year ago. At this point, you probably wouldn't have to wait that long, but they have missed the mark by a huge margin for other people.
>>
>>6225472
Sucks because they're the only option for articulated ninjas. They don't look so bad either. They wouldn't do another KS after this, right?
>>
>>6225476
They will. I would assume such large delays aren't going to happen again. They already mentioned what a dumb estimate their original one was. What was it, like 6 months after the KS? Made no sense. I'll chalk it up to a learning experience. We'll see where they go with this. Like they keep saying their focus is on getting this assortment out first.
>>
All I know is that they had better not be garbage after all this waiting.

I think people will raise hell if they are.
>>
>People shitpost about how awful 4horsemen Mythlic Legions are with delays and problems

>Articulated Icons are over a year late with potential for awful QC because they put the pins in the figures wrong.
>>
>>6225714
>All I know is that they had better not be garbage after all this waiting.
They will be. The factory fucked up a huge amount of figures and is attempting to fix all of them. Peg holes will be stretched and scuffed paint galore.
>>
I just wanted to preorder the bare arms for the figures I had backed in the kickstarter.

>12.75 for bare arms
>2.50 shipping fee
>another 10.00 shipping fee for US Shipping during checkout
>25.75 just to get bare arms, double the price.

Dude, fuck this company with that stupid shit. Holy fuck.
>>
preorder?

where is that at?
>>
>>6226054
>>6226054
https://articulated-icons-the-feudal-series-ninja-action-f.backerkit.com/overlay_preorders/38207
I emailed them they said theyre going to end preorders this week or next week
>>
What are the chances of getting a fucked up toy?
>>
>>6226259
100%
>>
>>6226261
Damn
>>
>>6226259
>>6226261
>>6226031
I'm going to flip the fuck out if I get scratched/floppy figures.
>>
>>6225383
god dammit i've been waiting over a year for this shit and its starting to bug me.

i bought in during the original kickstarter run, deluxe black + white + blue, and an arm pack (or two arm packs? I can't even fucking remember)

I knew it was going to take a while but I was stupid and trusted their original eta's which made me think I'd be getting it back in march of LAST YEAR.

then I accepted it'd be Q4 of LAST YEAR.

then I accepted i'd at least know its being shipped by march 1st of this year

now I'm wondering why the hell I did this to begin with.

goddamm toy industry and their refusal to produce a decent quality basic, fucking, ninja, in the 30 years I've been alive
>>
>>6226328
I constantly keep forgetting I even have these coming, they've completely phased out of my mind until they get brought up here again.

That's pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>6226024
>put the pins in the figures wrong

elaborate? I haven't heard anything about this. haven't kept up on toys for months tho
>>
>>6226345
I believe they forced large pins into smaller holes and permastretched them/warped them
>>
>>6226345
> 2 weeks ago our factory asked for a few additional days to complete production, we emailed back and forth with our freight forwarder and were able to book ocean transport that would have us reach the US on February 16th and then reach our distribution center 7-10 days later keeping us pretty close to our scheduled Feb/March ship date.

>Last night we received this email from our factory:

>During the production, we were very regret to found that our production team had make some mistakes on the assembling for the pins and joints (due to the numerous common pins and small size part), which need us re-work from all over again. And when we getting nearer to the new year holidays, a lot of our workers had left our factory to home earlier than expected, that we are in serious labor shortage situation.

>Therefore, we are terribly sorry that we have to inform you the shipment need to be postponed to the end of February. We understand that you really wanted your products to ship before CNY, but based on the current situation, we really do not want to ship your first project with bad quality product;

>We are sincerely apologized for this inconvenience that caused.
>>
>>6226345
http://thefwoosh.com/2017/01/articulated-icons-another-delay
>>
>>6225383
This company fucked up by doing a kickstarter. They should have taken out a loan. It's their first time and they don't know what they're doing. When you take people's money there's an expectation and it becomes a ticking time bomb.
>>
>>6226337
same here

or once in a while I'll see the update email which is just more "hey guis theyre still not coming"

between (A) price and (B) constant delay/backtracking on ETA's, I'm starting to regret the entire thing.

if these come with glaring QC issues I'm going to blow a gasket, they've lost all slack with me at this point.

I'll accept that I'm an idiot that wasted hundreds of dollars on -toys-, I'll accept that I'm an idiot and wasted hundreds of dollars on stuff NOT EVEN MADE yet, I'll accept that I'm an idiot and trusted a company to be able to successfully navigate through the process of working in tandem with foreign companies on the other side of the world for the first time without issue.

but if they fail to deliver the quality of goods promised, I'm going to lose it. might even become one of those insane autistic neckbeards ranting on youtube. I'll even perfect the "sucking air through teeth" and have Cheetos crumbs in proper areas.
>>
>>6226365
The only part we're at fault for is putting up money for a project that was only in prototypes by them.

The rest is completely on them.
>>
Pre-ordered two from this since December (Surai and Itami) so I can make a custom Tengu and Oni warrior out of them. Going off of recent delays, I can only assume I'll be getting my figures well after April?

I can only imagine how painstaking it has been for those who supported the KS when it first started.
>>
I'd buy them for $15 a piece and not a dollar more, that's even stretching it since they seem to only be worth about $12
>>
>>6226359
Lol this sounds like the standard Chinese factory holding the product hostage. There was probably an addendum that they didn't make public that essentially said "but if you pay an extra 10% we can get this done faster :)))".
>>
I dropped a few hundred into these figures back during the KS so I'm still hoping they turn out well. The guys at the Fwoosh are toy collectors themselves, so I can't see them not wanting these toys to succeed, and I know if I was in their position I'd be incredibly upset if figures I was producing came out crappy.

So far, every toy KS I've backed that went into production turned out some great figures. I'm used to screw-ups, delays and missed delivery dates. But if these guys come out as good as they're supposed to, I won't mind the wait.

That said, I doubt we'll see them in april, maybe may at the earliest.
>>
File: IMG_20150324_173140.jpg (603KB, 1224x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150324_173140.jpg
603KB, 1224x1224px
>>6226328
>goddamm toy industry and their refusal to produce a decent quality basic, fucking, ninja, in the 30 years I've been alive

Hi
>>
>>6227782
That thing is like ~80 bones and doesn't even come with a sword.
>>
>>6227782
dont forget the storm collectibles mortal kombat scorpion and sub zero classic figures; they blew everyone away.
>>
>>6225476
>Sucks because they're the only option for articulated ninjas.
Umm, no.
>>
>>6227782
if you think that is a "normal" ninja, your definition of normal is weird as fuck.

knew hed be posted in response though, always is. I don't know why people cant comprehend "normal"
>>
>>6227197
weird stance considering marvel legends run 20 regularly, 30+ if you cant find them in-store ie any of the good ones, and 60+ if youre after any good, older figure

the deluxes come with a shitton of accessories that put them over the ML pricetag

also, as stated already in this thread, these are pretty much your only choice for "regular ninjas" in this scale
>>
>>6227955
Who then?
>Inb4 tmnt or star wars samurai
>>
>>6227782
Looks lame and try hard as shit. The articulated icons are the only normal simple niggas available.
>>
>>6227197

What world do you live in where 12 dollars buys a 6 inch figure with decent articulation and -any- accessories?

Are we in 1998?
>>
So why exactly did The Fwoosh think they could make a bunch Hasbro tier figures and expect everything not to fuck up?
>>
File: 1486774974530.png (182KB, 409x428px) Image search: [Google]
1486774974530.png
182KB, 409x428px
>>6226328
>goddamm toy industry and their refusal to produce a decent quality basic, fucking, ninja, in the 30 years I've been alive
I think about this a lot. A year ago we had ZERO good Ninjas, Knights, Dinosaurs(since the 90s), Spaghetti Western stuff. It's pretty fucking ridiculous, even the most basic with ML level articulation would sell like fucking crazy.
>>
>>6228802
those are licensed characters though, there are fees involved. These are just generic army builders of pretty cheap quality form the looks of it.
from pictures alone you can tell they are going to be very mushy
>>
>>6228802
Not him, but if you are patient you can get almost every legends figure after the initial rush for below msrp.

Hell, deadpool is dropping like a stone now.
>>
>>6228873
They still come with a lot of extra shit plus they unique in the fact that there aren't already versions of them everywhere. Everyone has a spiderman, superman, batman, deadpool, and Captain A license.
Not trying to shill but these seem to be a step above marvel legend due to there not being saturation and extra shit in the box
>>
>>6228991
Still a step below figmas and other superior nipon figures
>>
>>6228997
Please don't start this. I love my Figma/Figuarts but you're just going to stir more autism throwing around shit like that.
>>
So what CAN be done if the figures turn out borked?

Do you think they'd say "hey guys so we got all of them but the bad news is they're busted, we can't let you guys down with this bad QC so we're gonna remake all of them!"

or would it be a "sneakily put into boxes hoping for the best" situation
>>
>>6231407
>or would it be a "sneakily put into boxes hoping for the best" situation
This one.
>>
>>6231407
Seeing as they've already done the first option, I can only assume they'd try again if the figures came out incredibly poor. I don't really bother with the Fwoosh in general and don't know much about the guys who run it, but I do know one thing for sure. These guys like toys. Just as much as we do, if not more. They're not just making these ninja to sell, they're making them because they want them as well. I would like to believe they wouldn't let a product they couldn't enjoy out into the hands of collectors since they themselves are also collectors. I certainly know if I were to make my own toyline I would want it to be the best damn line I could possibly make, as I would certainly keep a bunch for myself.
>>
>>6228873
Nothing about them appears mushy. It's not even a cartoony style.

>>>6231407 Do you think they'd say
Is China the one one saying this or do you think the fwoosh guys actually even put inserts into the packaging for te toy?
Wait, will the toys even come in a standard retail package or are they just dropped into a plastic baggy?
Anyway, China will always want to get away with shit whenever possible. There will always be fuck ups and Fwoosh can't check every single package for every defect. Only way Fwoosh will notice is if it's a major fuck up and even then, fuck ups like two right legs or shins are hard to notice.

Anyway, China is unlikely to let go completely borked toys go through. Depending on how much Fwoosh paid for QC, the paint jobs should all look even and well done.
Otherwise, that factory will get a bad rep and Fwoosh can threaten to take their business elsewhere.
>>
>>6231439
>These guys like toys. Just as much as we do, if not more. They're not just making these ninja to sell, they're making them because they want them as well. I would like to believe they wouldn't let a product they couldn't enjoy out into the hands of collectors since they themselves are also collectors.
This. I also like that a lot of them are generally open-minded towards liking both local stuff (Hasbro, Mezco etc.) and imports (Figuarts, Figma etc.) and it kinda shows with how they've handled the line.
>>
>>6231439
>>6231716
I can see where you're coming from, but if they were out to make a great/standard 6 inch NINJA figure, why wouldn't they include necessary aspects of articulation such as butterfly shoulders and toe hinges? The fact that they can't really pull off a two-handed sword grip that well almost completely kills these things for me.

If you have the opportunity to create your own action figures with funding from the action figure community, why would you just copy the most basic articulation layout with zero innovation? They sold regardless, sure, but mainly because they're the only option to get a generic army builder ninja in this scale.
>>
>>6231727
The guys who sculpted the figures are from Gentle Giant, the guys who sculpt Marvel Legends, of which these are supposed to primarily fit in with. I understand why they went with the aesthetic they did. They seemed to have done good work on the range in the hips, along with the wrists and other aspects. The one big issue for me is the butterfly joints you mentioned. That seems like a huge oversight for these kinds of characters. I feel like they'll rectify that in subsequent figures, though that would leave the rest a little dated.
>>
>>6228873
when buying a toy, the value of said toy adjusts for you based on what universe/line/license its from?

You'd be willing to spend more money on a power rangers toy than a ninja turtle, if the specs and quality were absolutely equal?

you have a weird way of valuing items.

and before you say it: yes i realize you could argue "id spend more on an actual power ranger than some knockoff "superranger" of the same quality because the PR is licensed" - but that is ignoring the fact that a bootleg is a *bootleg*, trying to fake and copy something very specific. These are "generic" and can easily fit into any universe you want ninjas in.
>>
>>6228881
i would love to find a deadpool, ghost rider, or black suit spiderman for 20 bucks.

>>6228991
i agree these are above ML quality but not by much. I wish they had toe and butterfly joints. Since I originally bought in @ the kickstarter i since been able to analyze the figure and over time it has started to bugg me that I've paid so much and they dont even have what I would consider a complete "Advanced" set of articulation (Toe joints, butterfly shoulders, double hinged neck, side to side ab crunch ability)

>>6228997
ive never owned any "collector grade" figures except for bootleg TMNT revos, and I agree theyre not overly impressive with articulation (as stated above), but at least theyre a hair above average (ML's)

>>6231407
if they come out crap im going to raise hell, I didn't spend nearly 200 bucks (or over 200? fuck my life I can't even rememebr what I paid this far out).

Best case scenario for me would be any of the following (But I realize much of this is never going to happen):

A. Partial refund
B. Return items for full refund
C. Additional free figure (another with the defect) at or below cost of damaged figure.
D. Replacement/repair kits, "repair at your own risk" either free, low cost, or paired with / free with purchase of...
E. ...Nice discount for additional purchases

Any option would satisfy me, C/D/E would probably get more money out of me. I'd gladly take two ninjas with derp shoulder joints at half the price of the expected single, non flawed figure

\>>6231439
Hi fwoosh :P

Also, question:
if the only issue is larger peg was shoved into shoulder than it was designed to hold, the result should just be squeakiness, overly tight joints, or stretched holes. All of which should be fairly easy to repair at home shouldn't it? boil peg out, use 10 dollar dremmil from Harbor Freight to size up hole, bam no more tightness/squeek. If stress marks show they should be easily fixed with a touch of paint?
>>
Random copyright question:

this is a "basic ninja", not exactly a unique character nor tied to any licensed franchise

how does copyrighting for things like this work? Do they retain soul rights to the designs? Can that even be done since it's such a general figure and design?

would it be illegal for someone to cast these parts for their own projects? (not just a single custom for themselves, but actually using pieces to create their own product)
>>
>>6231727
>I can see where you're coming from, but if they were out to make a great/standard 6 inch NINJA figure, why wouldn't they include necessary aspects of articulation such as butterfly shoulders and toe hinges?
I think it's more to do with inexperience as actual manufacturers than anything else at that point, and I won't even refute this point at all because it's definitely something worth pointing out especially for a series that touts itself as having super articulated ninjas. If anything I only bought into these for very key points as I'll mention in the following...

>They sold regardless, sure, but mainly because they're the only option to get a generic army builder ninja in this scale
I know I'm probably a minority here, but it's the inclusion of proper Japanese folklore masks like the Tengu and the Oni combined with basic Japanese-inspired bodies that drew me in (not to mention how said masks can be properly worn by the figures). In my case, my intention is to make some very basic customs like a mountain Tengu, and an Oni-inspired samurai warrior. It's practically the only reason I even bought into the line.
>>
>>6231452
>Wait, will the toys even come in a standard retail package or are they just dropped into a plastic baggy?

They've already shown off the boxes for these figures. They come in collector friendly window boxes with background inserts and plastic inserts to hold the figures in place. They'll also come with sturdy ziplock baggies large enough to fit the figure and all their accessories if you decide to get rid of the box but want to keep them organized.

>>6231727
1) To keep a similar aesthetic to other commonly collected figure lines.

2) Stability and durability to try ensure these figures don't break easily.

And probably the most important reason of all:
3) To keep the cost per unit as low as possible as added articulation means added parts with added engineering and added labor to assemble said parts. These things are already overpriced (imo as someone who bought a bunch), adding more articulation would only raise those prices.

That said, I think that pic is just bad posing, and may be one of the resin figures which are very fragile and can't be posed too well.

>>6231814
>Also, question:
if the only issue is larger peg was shoved into shoulder than it was designed to hold, the result should just be squeakiness, overly tight joints, or stretched holes.

If they put oversized pegs into undersized holes, it could have potentially damaged many figures beyond repair. Stretching the plastic could have affected the clearance for articulation, compromised the durability of the plastic or any number of issues. Depending on the severity of the size difference, they may need to remake some parts entirely.

>>6231817
The figure sculpt, designs and specs themselves are their copyright so you can't just go and reproduce their product and call it your own. You could make your own line of Ninja figures and have them look similar, but if it's an exact copy, that's where you'd get into trouble.
>>
>>6232170
>To keep a similar aesthetic to other commonly collected figure lines.

I don't think thats a very valid claim. Marvel Legends spiderman (and various others) have butterfly shoulder joints. Neca Ryu Hayabusa has great articulation including toe joints, etc etc

while not a standard for every figure in a line, almost every series has at least *some* figures with higher articulation than this,

>Stability and durability to try ensure these figures don't break easily.
now that's just being silly. if joint systems cause figures to break significantly easier then its a poorly engineered figure and/or they tried some crazy/new/unique joint system that doesnt work and will be scrapped from future use.

>oversized peg vs oversizedpeg+undersized hole
you do realize these are the same thing right? I think you mean to say "if the issue is just large pegs plugged into incorrect holes, the amount of damage will be determined based on the size difference"

>If they put oversized pegs into undersized holes, it could have potentially damaged many figures beyond repair. Stretching the plastic could have affected the clearance for articulation, compromised the durability of the plastic or any number of issues.

I highly doubt the later half of those theories is even Possible. You can only squeeze so much into a hole before it completely fails and the plastic shatters. There's no way they did entire batches before noticing if it was that severe. Every shoulder would be cracking and breaking off immediately, or the peg just simply would -refuse- to go in because it's too damn big. At most,

Realistically, I expect if the errors arent completely resolved we'll have squeeky arms to deal with. If the holes were stretched too big and the joints became loose they'd just up the size of the joint needed and bam, problem resolved.

I think expecting/claiming any more than that will occur is stretching it a little (:D)
>>
They're telling people in the kickstarter comments that April shipping is pretty much on, so there's that I guess.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.