[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gurren Lagann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: gurren-lagann-screenshot-01.png (181KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
gurren-lagann-screenshot-01.png
181KB, 500x284px
What is the best version of Gurren Lagann to get, keeping in mind I'm on a budget of at most £100 and show accuracy is a must.
Please add links
>>
File: 1578_1.jpg (293KB, 800x793px) Image search: [Google]
1578_1.jpg
293KB, 800x793px
Probably Revoltech #119.

And if you're lucky you'll get one of the packaging flubs. Pic related.
>>
>>6222326
Get the Riobot you poorfag

>Please add links
google you lazy fuck
>>
>>6222333
>show accuracy is a must
>Riobot
Nice job reading the thread.
>>
>>6222333
The riobot is actually my least favourite of the figures available due to the godawful 3d shoulder pad logo
>>
File: 52019[1].jpg (26KB, 256x377px) Image search: [Google]
52019[1].jpg
26KB, 256x377px
If your only concern is "show accuracy", then there's the Impact Model. It has an inferior sculpt and articulation, but it's the most on-model articulated figure out there. It looks ugly, poses like garbage but it follows the exact proportion of the spec models.

The Revoltech has a much, much nicer sculpt but the proportions are fudged to be more dynamic. This could work in your favour as when it's posed, it sort of captures the heavily distorted proportions of Gurren Lagann when it's in motion. This is by far the best option.

I strongly recommend the Riobot regardless. It's a marvel of engineering and absolutely beautiful.
>>
You want the best but you're on a budget? The fuck does that mean?
>>
>>6222326
Probably the Great Impact one, but it's really expensive.

Riobot if you want really stylized (but you claim you don't) and sharp one with cool engineering

SRC if you want something better than Revoltech but don't have the money for Great Impact or Riobot.

Revoltech if you want something basic.

I have the SRC. As people usually mention, the knees are a bit odd, but I got used to them, and I love it now. Great figure, in my opinion.
>>
>>6222326
>I'm on a budget of at most £100
So that rules out the Great Impact, Riobot and probably SRC Gurren Lagann

Revoltech it is for you.
>>
>>6222332
>packaging flubs
?
>>
Don't get the Revoltech.
It is garbage.

I like Revoltechs but Gurren Lagann is a complete mess.

Great Impact is overly shiny and ugly.

Riobot looks nice but is pretty off model.

SRC might be your best bet despite the weird knees.
>>
>>6222603
Are there any 3rd part knees, shapeways maybe?
>>
>>6222631
It's too Japanese and obscure to have shapeways mods
>>
>>6222598
Read everything near the name
>>
Guys, is this original?

https://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product/100-Original-Revoltech-Yamaguchi-Action-Figure-Enki-from-Gurren-Lagann/1474182_32681558785.html
>>
>>6222936
There are no KO Revoltechs.
I believe the Ninja Turtles, and a select few after that were bootlegged, but none o the older ones were/are.
>>
>>6222974

Thank you a lot. I am monkeyzilian and i don't have enough money to get a Figma.
>>
File: 0cf49c9a.jpg (101KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0cf49c9a.jpg
101KB, 960x1200px
I have owned the majority of existing GL figures, and after all that, my favorite is still the SRC. Yes, the kneepads are huge and look weird in standing-straight-up position, but if you have it in an action pose they look just fine. To me it's a worthwhile tradeoff, as the range of motion, ease of posing, and sculpt crispness are off the charts.

Oh yeah, and it also has an ugly inaccurate shoulder emblem, just like the Riobot. I'm not sure why everyone seems to feel the need to fuck with that thing.
>>
>>6222653
Oh, funny. Why would you be lucky though?
>>
>>6222994
Is there any problems with the metal joints
>>
Yea but which one can cross its arms in a standing pose?
>>
>>6222994
Absolutely agreed. I love the SRC Gurren Lagann. I still need to get the Drillset of Manliness, though.
>>
>>6227316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZPCIx-CsBk
Probably most of them, though.
>>
>>6222326
>Show Accuracy
>A main facet of the show is inconsistencies with the mech and its powers
>>
File: 99216780.jpg (92KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
99216780.jpg
92KB, 1024x684px
>>6227282
Well, diecast joints in general are dangerous because once they go loose they're very difficult to tighten again, but for what it's worth, I've had mine since it came out in 2013 and have zero problems with any of the joints. They're still pleasingly firm and tight, yet smooth and easy to move. Every time I pick it up I'm delighted at how solid it feels and how easily it poses. If you haven't already, watch the video posted a few posts up, it illustrates my point pretty well. This thing has a PHENOMENAL range of motion.
>>
I've got the Great Impact Model and the Revoltech. The GIM is expensive but makes a really nice display piece once you finagle it into a pose that doesn't make it looks dreadful, while the Revo is just fun to mess with and looks decent enough however it ends up posed. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend the Revo.
>>
Can anyone with the Revoltech and the SRC Gurren Lagann take a picture of them side by side?
I have the SRC and am tempted to get the revoltech lazengann, so I just wanted to know how big the difference is height wise
>>
File: GEDC3623GurrenLaganns.jpg (582KB, 1000x699px) Image search: [Google]
GEDC3623GurrenLaganns.jpg
582KB, 1000x699px
>>6230762
This isn't the greatest since the SRC has bent legs, but fwiw Lazengann is slightly shorter than Revo GL. And the SRC is taller than Revo GL. Soooo yeah, Lazengann might look a tad shrimpy next to him.

Boy, I wish Sentinel had gotten around to releasing their Lazengann.
>>
FWIW the show model actually has Revoltech joints in some of the close-ups, so in that way the Revo might be the best option.
>>
>>6230815
Yes yes, we all know by now. Still, even though the Revo is a good cheap option, it has been outclassed and isn't recommended if you can afford something better. The hips are particularly annoying, and also, it was made back when Revolver joints had less ratcheting points so posing it isn't as easy as a modern Revo.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.