[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LIGHTSEEKERS Smart Action Figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQ-m1pui_U&t=717s

Ho.Ly.Fuck.
It's like the mix between Triceratons from TMNT and those EXTREME dinosaurs from Toy Story: Story that time forgot.

What is /toy/ opinion on this? As for me - im totally getting the ceratopsian dude just because i wanted to Mutant-animal that dont look like pile of shit (kough-currentTMNTline-cough)

Dont like the blue character though - it looks like Skylinders ripoff design-wise.
>>
File: toystorypic.jpg (80KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
toystorypic.jpg
80KB, 670x377px
>>6220570
>Toy Story: Story that time forgot.
>>
>>6220570
highly articulated my ass
that thing just have swivels
>>
>>6220587
that's what i thought.
But then again - still better than this crap. So im getting my light-orange triceratops warrior finally
>>
>>6220587
For the whole "toys to life" genre, it is, just by virtue of not being a statue.
>>
>>6220570
the design look awesome, hope the price is not expensive because of the tech inside
>>
>>6220616
As articulated as Lego Dimensions then.
I dunno if thats good or bad
>>
File: 4742211562_db525c3236_b.jpg (89KB, 599x407px) Image search: [Google]
4742211562_db525c3236_b.jpg
89KB, 599x407px
>>
>>6220570
>What is /toy/ opinion on this?
Definitely for kids
>>
I kind of want to fuck the blue one.
>>
>>6220570
>highly articulated!
>5 poa
>>
>>6221045
I don't think it's that bad. In that circle it looks like shoulder and bicep swivel so maybe it's decent.

The design is pretty cool, but it looks like of those things that won't last very long and I can just pick up the figure on clearance.
>>
>>6221017
>Definitely for kids
What are you doing in this board, grownup? Dont you have some alimony to pay?
>>
File: 13964947.jpg (39KB, 367x426px) Image search: [Google]
13964947.jpg
39KB, 367x426px
>>6220847
>As articulated as Lego Dimensions then.
>I dunno if thats good or bad
Basically its as articulated as those old TMNT triceraton figures so im fine with that.
>>
>>6220827
>lights
>sounds
>connectivity
>vibrations
theyll go out of business a LOT faster if it werent
>>
>>6220940
i hated how the bad guys had better dinosaurs and vice versa
>>
File: Cobraamerican.jpg (38KB, 335x278px) Image search: [Google]
Cobraamerican.jpg
38KB, 335x278px
>>6221845
>wanting to be good guys ever
Faggot.
>>
>>6221845
>i hated how the bad guys had better dinosaurs and vice versa
this happens to every action cartoon and toys. Every time.

Bad guys are unique characters with awesome weapons of destruction and great design in general.

Good guys supposed to be "normal" and "nice" people so designers cant go wild with them.
>>
So, it's like Diablo?
>>
>>6221395
If kids can afford the stuff I buy then i'm very jealous
>>
>>6221983
>If kids can afford the stuff I buy then i'm very jealous
you cant be this retarded
>>
>>6220570
I was going to kickstart these but the backing options were shit for some of the digital content until the last few days and at that point I said fuck it.
>>
I don't know how they can be so close to a cool idea and fuck it up so badly, have a playset base arena portal thing like skylanders, put that in front of a screen, have your character be the controller and run around and hack and slash bad guys with it. That's fucking it. That's the winning game/toy combo. They use this fucking guy for flying and wack a mole but they can't put skeletons on the screen and have you slash them into pieces. Retarded.
>>
File: bonehead-dinosaucers-31.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
bonehead-dinosaucers-31.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>6221876
>>6221876
eat a dick. i refuse to want any team with this guy in it
>>
>uk

Explains why they look so retarded
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-06-11-40-05.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-06-11-40-05.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>hurp durp 5poa

Lurk harder, fucking idiots
>>
>>6220570
To be honest, I'm more excited about the cards being scanned by the camera than I am about the interactions with the toys.

Though, the using the toy as a control for flight mode was pretty neat.
>>
File: IMG_3598.jpg (177KB, 640x992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3598.jpg
177KB, 640x992px
>>6223453
>have your character be the controller
Seems like they're trying at least.

Honestly, this line seems quite interesting. I really like the design of the orange dude
>>
>>6220570

>highly articulated
lies. was really disappointed to see its just swivel joints in the video

>weapons/accessories are individually specific and gain stats
cool beans

>comics, posters, advertisements all come to life via ap scanning
this is awesome, I want to see more of this in general. why the fuck cant i scan sports illustrated magazine covers at checkout and see boobies bouncing yet, or the fucking signs on storefronts as I'm walking in that start showing me this weeks sales

really dig the character models, would like to see more

de bulkify the figures a bit and give us real aritculation and they might have a winner here, but i imagine the cost is going to be way too high to gain any real traction in consumer markets

also think theyre spreading too thin too early. there's no way every niche hteyre attacking is going to get traction out of the gate, the ones that fail are going to sink any success they see due to compounding effects.
>>
File: triceraton.jpg (52KB, 564x665px) Image search: [Google]
triceraton.jpg
52KB, 564x665px
>>6220590
ohai
>>
File: 1273.jpg (101KB, 800x355px) Image search: [Google]
1273.jpg
101KB, 800x355px
>>6227293 (You)
>>6220590

ohai 2 3 4 anad 5 (yes I know one is cheating)
>>
>>6227290
>lies. was really disappointed to see its just swivel joints in the video

It's more of a swivel hinge, it looks like the shoulders and thighs both have the same articulation. There might also be some sort of elbow swivel, but it's doubtful. With all the wiring that must go into their arms I honestly don't think they could add that much in terms of articulation. Maybe a limited bicep swivel and elbow hinge.

The legs could get more movement though, but I'm assuming these figures are already pricey enough without added parts count for more articulation. Still, ankle rockers/swivels would be nice to help keep these guys standing flat footed.

These are pretty cool toys and interesting designs. The Blue one looks a little too overscaled imo, but I guess she's designed to fit into a certain pricepoint. Definitely being inspired by the other "Toys to Life" figures out there though, keeping that chunky, angular design aesthetic. Hopefully these things do well, because I do honestly enjoy the concept of cross media play. But without how much these things are trying to accomplish, I can easily see them falling flat.
>>
>>6227329
That green one official or a bootleg?
>>
>>6227749
It's official, that's the shogun triceratron.
Mint in package one of these is a personal holy grail.
>>
>>6227737
>With all the wiring that must go into their arms I honestly don't think they could add that much in terms of articulation
I don't think there is any wiring in the figures. On the website they say they can make their figures cheap, because the main (and only?) technical part is a piece you clip onto the figure's backs
>>
>>6227998
That component is the main brain but the figure still has to know what it's holding, so there's definitely some sort of sensor in there.
>>
>>6227737
a couple wires running through each hand shouldnt completely impose on articulation, I never understood this mentality and excuse from toy makers. At worst, it might hinder some degree of movement as you need to leave a clear path internally for the wire to run through, but theres no reason an elbow cant get 90 degrees of rotation, or the figure cant have ab crunch / butterfly shoulder joints, basic wrist articulation, etc.

If nothing else it would make them more "realistic" because you'd need to put rotation limits on joints, so wrists cant spin freely 180 degrees and instead lock up much like a real, human wrist.

>>6225541
i have only been focused on the triceratops which ive seen nothing but swivel joints on

>>6225699
i think the toy=control thing is too clumbersome and gimmicy, and love the scanning concept too. I'm wondering why this whole "animated/interactive scanning on everything" isnt utilized more in todays world as it is.

>>6227749
official, but rare and expensive.

>>6227998
the hands have ports that register the accessories being held, so yes theres wires and terminals through the arms/hands, would expect the same to apply to feet for things to ride etc
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.