[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC General: Icons Cancellation Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 94

File: 2017-03-01 21.53.34.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-01 21.53.34.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
Previous thread: >>6184524
>>
>>6218286
damn i really like that etrigan
>>
>>6218286
>Fattitswoman cancelled

Well, fuck.
>>
>>6218286
How the heck could retailers not want that Etrigan? He's guaranteed to fly off shelves. Wow... he was my most looked forward to Icons figure... Really hope he makes it out someday...
>>
>>6218286
Are you fucking serious? That Etrigan figure was probs the only Icons figure I've been looking forward to. Way to drop the fucking ball DC Collectibles.
>>
> finally solicit Icons I'm interested in since Batman, GA, and Flash
> Price hike
> delay
> delay
> delay
> cancel line

GARBAGE
>>
File: 1488251769724.png (448KB, 496x708px) Image search: [Google]
1488251769724.png
448KB, 496x708px
>>6218286
Fug.
That Etrigan looks like it would have been an amazing figure.
I am also a little salty about Booster and Ted even if the DCUCs were better looking figures.
>>
Was the line really cancelled or just those figures?
>>
>on scale with schoolgirl figmas only
>no thigh swivels
>no accessories
>everyone has constipated angery faces
>using printed faces without having any idea on how to make it work
>purposely shits on superman fans
I'm glad it's over.
Let's see if they learn from this and re-do the engineering they used for the Crime Syndicate line.
>>
>>6218388
They're cancelling the individual figures indefinitely in favor of boxed "DC Iconic Moments" diorama sets
>>
>>6218398
>on scale with schoolgirl figmas only

Wrong

>>no thigh swivels

Wrong

>>no accessories

Wrong

>>everyone has constipated angery faces

Wrong
>>
>>6218398
THIS!

Why the fuck didn't they just use these body molds?
>>
>>6218416
He's right about everything, you are wrong about everything.
>>
>>6218286
These are going to show up on those unreleased figure threads and make me as sad as those Xevoz. Etrigan and Blue and Gold were literally the only ones I had pre-ordered / interested in.
>>
File: Tiring .gif (184KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
Tiring .gif
184KB, 500x733px
>tfw they cancel Etrigan
>tfw they cancel the entire line so will never get characters like Lobo, Ventriloquist and others
>tfw they'll make a new line with Batman, Superman and all A Listers
>>
>>6218286
Why'd they cancel Green Lantern?
>>
File: 20170301_232317-1870x918.jpg (380KB, 1870x918px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_232317-1870x918.jpg
380KB, 1870x918px
>>6218427
Maybe if you live in Bizarro world. Every figure had multiple hands and/or accessories, few look angry or even "angery," and recent figures added thigh swivels.

You are wrong about everything.
>>
>>6218286
The only Icon figure I wanted was Static's .
>>
Shame about Etrigan.

It's the one figure from the line I really wanted.

DCC though really screwed the pooch with this line. They just weren't up to par with DCC's other lines.
>>
Time to buy Harley before slowpoke fee kicks in
>>
File: 1487609841520.jpg (16KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1487609841520.jpg
16KB, 600x549px
>>6218286
>>they'll make a new line with Batman, Superman and all A Listers

That is the part that really hurts.

Like always the Superman will turn out horrible which is just the goddamn cherry on top.
>>
>>6218516
>They just weren't up to par with DCC's other lines.

How? By having more articulation, accessories, and not being limited to DCC/DCD's standard 6.75" scale that fits nothing else ever?
>>
So, the entire Icons line is cancelled, including >>6218506? What will they give us as a replacement?
>>
>>6218539
It's not ENTIRELY cancelled, rather they're putting most of the announced figures on hold. They're still putting out the JL Rebirth set, Supergirl, and Nightwing. The Superman/Doomsday pack will be the start of their new intended direction that's more based on specific costumes/moments (which is weird since that's kind of what they were doing back then anyway).

So yeah, it's not like they're completely canning the line, but it does suck if you were looking forward to any of the other stuff they announced because they're basically shelving them indefinitely.

Speaking of things getting cancelled, looks like Mezco's Knightmare Batman is making a comeback. I still wish that the quality of the outfit (coat, kneepads, scarf etc.) was touched up a little more since we know they could do better.
>>
>>6218547
>looks like Mezco's Knightmare Batman is making a comeback
I can't believe there was enough of an outcry for that thing. Looks like a shitty custom from someone who just learned how to use a sewing machine.
>>
>>6218547
As soon as I buy the Mafex version of this Mezco will show an updated version of this that doesn't look so bad
>>
>>6218558
Well it's not much, but pic-related was one of the latest pics taken from a con where it's posed a little better.

Really I think some weathering would do it justice, and just friggin replace those print-on kneepads already.
>>
>>6218568
>>
File: knightmarebats.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
knightmarebats.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>6218570
>>
>>6218568
>>6218570
I've got TKDR Batman and Batfleck and I really love them but the coat on that makes it look bad. It's just too bulky. I'd say they'll fix it but I'm worried they're just going to push this out without any changes since it was cancelled before.
>>
>>6218579
I don't think the coat and kneepads aren't huge dealbreakers for me, since you can replace it with a better one/find actual kneepads fairly easily.
And like other anon said, whether it a bit.
>>
File: BatAKbm-42.jpg (434KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
BatAKbm-42.jpg
434KB, 1024x682px
So to recap, Infinite Heroes failed because DC didn't want to make their scale compatible with what else was out there but wanted their own scale, and no one wanted to start a brand new collection out of scale with everything they have.

DC Multiverse failed because DC didn't want to make their scale compatible with what else was out there but wanted their own scale, and no one wanted to start a brand new collection out of scale with everything they have.

The DCC Injustice/Green Lantern line
failed because DC didn't want to make their scale compatible with what else was out there but wanted their own scale, and no one wanted to start a brand new collection out of scale with everything they have.

DC Icons failed because DC didn't want to make their scale compatible with what else was out there but wanted their own scale, and no one wanted to start a brand new collection out of scale with everything they have.

It's a shame there isn't any kind of lesson to be learned here.
>>
>>6218607

Are people that autistic that they can't collect in different scales?
>>
>>6218607
>So to recap, Infinite Heroes failed because DC didn't want to make their scale compatible with what else was out there but wanted their own scale, and no one wanted to start a brand new collection out of scale with everything they have.
>DC Multiverse failed because DC didn't want to make their scale compatible with what else was out there but wanted their own scale, and no one wanted to start a brand new collection out of scale with everything they have.
Weren't those handled by Mattel? That's just basic incompetence on their part.

>and no one wanted to start a brand new collection out of scale with everything they have.
Eh not really. I just think that their initial character selections were shit and with the new scale it put off a lot of people. If they started big, they'd have probably won over more customers and might have had a good start.

I mean come on, the Batman Animated line practically crapped itself on its first series, and yet because of demand, they got their shit together on the QC and it's one of the few lines they have that's still going strong. That's putting aside the fact that they're not really the best figures out there, but I think that first series making such a strong impression and the immediate ones that followed it was what saved that line.
>>
>>6218625
Is this your first day on /toy/?
>>
>>6218625
I was perfectly fine with the new scale given how I had import figures that could fit with them anyway.

Really, I can only see a person getting pissed at it if:
A) You've been collecting DCD/DCC figures for a long time now and just want new figures to fit in with your current collection (understandable since it's product from the same company)

B) If you're a Marvelfag that wants DC figures to fit with your MLs.
>>
>>6218636
>If you're a Marvelfag that wants DC figures to fit with your MLs.

Marvel Legends don't even fit in with anything else, and sometimes not even other MLs
>>
So no new Nightwing?
>>
>>6218689
Nightwing is still getting made.
>>
File: mattel truth.jpg (1MB, 3495x2666px) Image search: [Google]
mattel truth.jpg
1MB, 3495x2666px
>>6218607
>Everything by Mattel failed, because it was by Mattel
fixed that for you.

I'm not sure why Icons failed, but some retailer here on /toy/ doesn't think Booster and Blue cost too much to order at $55, despite the fact that DCC figures have been costing $28 lately.
fucking $55 is a deal compared to buying singles!
>>
>>6218286
My favorite Catwoman? Fuck.
>>
File: jim balent.jpg (322KB, 674x892px) Image search: [Google]
jim balent.jpg
322KB, 674x892px
>>6218811
Oh, someone here actually born in the 80s and early 90s? Neat.
>>
File: 3475437.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3475437.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>6218286
>every walmart is glutted with DC Multiverse
>one store has 2 end caps and two other sections full of baf Doomsday set
>keep waiting for them to go on clearance to get a cheap new 52 Dday
>drops two dollars
>still no one buying them
Im lost how they can just set on these piles of shame.
>>
>>6218547
>Mezco Store Exclusive
>Limited Edition of 400
>>
>>6218503
You are still wrong
>>
>>6218820
I guess they'd rather let them shelf warm than let them go for a lower price. Same for the Marvel Legends Odin wave that's fucking still clogging pegs.
>>
>>6218745
The standard for 1:12 is $20. And it's regularly clearanced to $6-$12.

Further, they solicited at $25/$40 and then came back with $40/$55. That's poor planning for starters. But also I'm still sitting on stuff from their line before Icons. Alot of places are. Even at a 60% discount it wasn't moving.

I wasn't going to spend $500 on a case of B&B to struggle to give them away for $20 each over the next 5 years. At the original solicited price I had a slim chance but I was trying to be optimistic. Booster is one of my favorite DC characters so I didn't make the decision lightly.

And this is before you factor in DCC never ever hitting a ship date in the last 5 years. Think about this...all these toys they cancelled, they've been solicited hoe long and still hadn't entered production? WTF were they waiting for? DCC did this to themselves and no amount of passive-aggressive blaming of everyone else is going to change that.
>>
Also, blog post here, I'm fucking tired of paying full price to subsidize bottom feeders. There were half a dozen Icons figures I wanted, but I decided to wait for a sale instead of preordering. Huh, Icons is practically cancelled now? You don't say.
>>
>>6218853
Way to ignore facts
>>
File: tick-marvel-legends-comparison-2.jpg (155KB, 1024x665px) Image search: [Google]
tick-marvel-legends-comparison-2.jpg
155KB, 1024x665px
>>6218944
This practically describes every DC character, and that's really why most DC lines die; DC is 90% shit.

What we need is another line like Toybiz's Comic Heroes and Shocker Toys' Indie Spotlight, that draws from multiple publishing companies.
It should be noted that those lines were made in scale with ML and DCUC and only failed because the companies themselves folded.
>>
>>6219129
>Shocker Toys' Indie Spotlight,

Wasn't that like, a huge fiasco? And the company now is hiding from people who per-ordered figures and never got anything.
>>
>>6219129
>shocker toys

PPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>6218398
Do those have a waist swivel?
Dcuc elbows? Those has shit for range
>>
>>6218503
Woah what's that SCUD from?
>>
>>6218506
His costume is too simple, and I dont like the face, but he was the best bet to actually get a figure
>>
>>6218607
>DC Multiverse failed
Theyve got a couple new waves coming out, I don't think it failed. They shit the figures out so cheap too that even if they only sell a portion, they'll make a profit
>>
>>6218636
>If you're a Marvelfag that wants DC figures to fit with your MLs
This triggers me more than a different scale
>>
File: STNYTFflyer11_1265818595[1].jpg (777KB, 1163x1500px) Image search: [Google]
STNYTFflyer11_1265818595[1].jpg
777KB, 1163x1500px
>>6219151
Shocker Toys' Indie Spotlight like this >>6219145
anon said. Not sure if they even made it to stores but I picked up Dick Tracy, Kabuki, Shadowhawk, and clear blue Tick loose at a toy show for cheap. I really wanted that Maxx but couldn't find him.
>>
>>6218944
They weren't worth full price by any metric, especially since you can find just about every figure on amazon for ~$16
Dcc should have made them profitable on the online storefront, and the price in line with other 6" figures. I can even find dcucs on ebay of the same characters under $20
>>
File: 32693-3786-36475-1-doom-patrol.jpg (60KB, 421x640px) Image search: [Google]
32693-3786-36475-1-doom-patrol.jpg
60KB, 421x640px
I haven't bought much DC stuff lately since the quality is absolutely abysmal and they usually pick designs I don't like but I would have bought that Etrigan.
Probably would have bought Beetle and Booster too.

>>6219164
Did this faggot have to fuck his company up right before they were going to release Grendel stuff?
>>
>>6219164
I acquired SCUD, Katchoo, and Maxx from Hastings but saw them in TRU too. I domt think series 2 really ever officially came out.

Sucks because the three I have are really cool. I wish i could find the other Maxx head but it seemingly just disappeared one day D:

>>6219184
I think the 3 I have are really well done. Sculpts aren't the best, but the articulation and accessories were the best I'd ever seen when they came out.
>>
>>6219164
I don't know what that fucker's problem was. He managed to get _some_ toys produced but somehow not enough to fill preorders. That's like acing a calculus test and then not being able to count to 10.
>>
Damn, really? I only had their Harley and while it had some flaws I thought it was pretty good and the line definitely had potential. I was planning on getting that Etrigan for sure.
>>
File: DCIconsbats-18.jpg (451KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
DCIconsbats-18.jpg
451KB, 1023x682px
>>6218625
It makes sense that you'd pose superheroes with superheroes, and the DC characters just look silly next to anything else. Especially when Robert Downey Jr. wears lifts explicitly to NOT look like Batman next to Captain America in the picture.

It feels MORE autistic to demand that DC figures must only pose with other DC figures and Marvel figures only with other Marvel figures, but what the fuck do I know?

>>6218628
>>6218745
>If they started big, they'd have probably won over more customers and might have had a good start.
>fucking $55 is a deal compared to buying singles!

I agree with both these points. Price, scale and available selection all came together to just not make this a very attractive line out of the gate. All combined, it was too much to overcome.

>>6219156
Oh, I meant the 4" line. The 6" is still going strong, if the ten billion DKR figures shelfwarming at my local Walmart is any indication.
>>
>>6218506
Still happening. Static, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, Cyborg and Deathstroke aren't cancelled. Should be out in April.
>>
>>6218625
I like my superheroes being taller than my school girls. Though I'm fine with Riders and Super Sentai members as they are because they are all about punching upwards.
>>
>>6219465
>Deathstroke
Well, there's some minor good news.

Man, they should at least release the ones already soliciting preorders. I was really looking forward to that Etrigan.
>>
>>6219465
Where you hear dat?
>>
>>6219454
That Spider-Man isn't even in scale with ML, so why would a figure from a different line by a different company be?
>>
>>6219490
>I like my superheroes being taller than my school girls.

Icons are taller soooo
>>
File: img.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>6209119
JLU 2 pack
>>
>>6219544
They were originally due last year but kept getting delayed. Preorders are still up as they should be too far along in production to cancel now.
>>
>>6219585
That doesn't mean anything, especially when diamond said they were cancelled.
>>
>>6219465
wonderwoman is too far in production for cancellation (too bad it looks like garbage anyway)
cyborg is going to get reskinned in the league 7pack later this year so no reason to cancel him
I would doubt those other figures will ever be made though. those are just waiting to be cancelled on a different date
>>
>>6219511
the movies doing poorly is why DCC cancelled their Films line, the $45 line similar to SHF and Mafex. They were doing a bunch of shit characters nobody wanted, so no surprise there, its just shocking they cancelled before releasing batman
cancelling these might have to do with money issues, but the icons were comic characters to be sold in comic shops, a different demographic than movie fans
>>
File: 20170302_171952_resized.jpg (452KB, 1569x778px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_171952_resized.jpg
452KB, 1569x778px
>>6219241
Series 2 did come out, I have The Tick.
My Maxx has two left hands though :(
>>
>>6219677
Nice Eyezon. I am still beating myself up for not picking one up at a very good price years ago.
>>
>>6219677
The key word there was "officially." Series 2 was a fucking mess and I'm pretty sure only The Tick and Dick Tracy were made
>>
>>6218811
>>6218817
really wanted this one aswell, always gets all my boners
>>
File: IMG_7385.jpg (2MB, 3024x3769px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7385.jpg
2MB, 3024x3769px
>>6219842
>>6218811
I'm super upset as well, next to Michelle Pfeiffer's it's my favorite lol for Catwoman. Too bad it's not PC enough for modern comics. The modern Audrey Hepburn look isn't bad, but it looked best drawn by Cooke or Hughes, and it's overstayed it's welcome. Hate the goggles too. Look like granny glasses.

I have this old thing, but it's showing it's age, and on boob has some plastic rub from pressing on the plastic window of the card for years. The icons one had a cuter sculpt.
>>
>>6219544
From DCC. Someone e-mailed them about Etrigan and Kevin Kiniry replied to say he was on hold (i.e. cancelled), but those five are still coming. Also, in their live unboxing of the Rebirth 7-pack today, four of them (all but Cyborg) were shown on the back of the package and said to be coming soon.

Etrigan and B&B are the only cancellations we've heard. Catwoman and the others are probably out, too, but they didn't cancel all the singles.
>>
>>6218625
Yes. The scale bitching between different companies and lines is insufferable and constant. I honestly don't get why people give a fuck if their Lion-O is the same height as Spider-Man, at least not to the point that they would miss out on an entire line because of it. I get being upset about inconsistencies within the same line, but to each their own. I just wish half of the NECA and DCC threads weren't full of people bitching that they don't match their ML displays.
>>
>>6220030
Conversely, how much of an autist do you have to be to see 3 common scales (3.75", 6", 12") and decide to do something stupid like 2.5", 5", 7" (MOTUC), 9" (Sigma Six), 10" (PAK), 18" (NECA), etc?
>>
>>6218926
>The standard for 1:12 is $20.
For mass market shit.
I'm used to paying $25+ for collector toys from NECA, Mezco, etc. I've been buying 4H toys for $30+ a pop since the 00s.
$20 isn't what 6" figures sell for in comic shops since as long as i can remember. Not even MLs are sold for that price in comic shops.
So your logic is pretty shit on this.

>poor planning for starters.
Yep.
> they've been solicited hoe long and still hadn't entered production
Yeah, and they're shit for that.

But basically what you're saying is that DCC shouldn't make anything but movie and tv toys, because comic stuff doesn't sell.
That's really sad to hear that DCasuals are real.
>>
>>6220295
>thinking dc icons is on the same level as neca, mezco, or even marvel legends
your argument sucks
>>
>>6219145
They've been scamming people since 2002. I have no idea how the fuck they released that one wave, but I don't think they compensated anyone for it.

One good thing that came out of it was that it motivated Rob Schrab to finish Scud, even if they stiffed him on it.
>>
>>6220252
>3 common scales (3.75", 6", 12"
3.75" are small compared to 1:18 scale.

Kyle Rayner here is 3.75", while cap stands at slightly above 4", making Captain America standing closer to his 1:18 height and Kyle being a manlet.

Also, it should be noted that Hasbro's Marvel Legends aren't 6". They've creeped up in scale since they're too cheap to invest in new molds.
>>
File: Icons-Joker-19.jpg (160KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Icons-Joker-19.jpg
160KB, 2048x1365px
>>6220311
MLs are shit.
Icons >>>>>>> Hasbro MLs.

You'll never get this level of detail from Hasbro, muchless comparable QC and accessories.
>>
>>6220329
Is that the same Joker that doesn't have a waist swivel, or a secondary left gripping hand to wield the tommy gun properly?

Lol okay
>>
File: IMG_1656.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1656.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>>6219145
Geoff Becket is a scam artist who would have been charged with embezzlement if he wasn't basically the only person at the company. He changed the name of Shocker Toys to "GBJR Toys" and pretended they were a new company that purchased the old company's assets in order to legally avoid refunding everyone he scammed out of pre-orders. He then used crowdsourcing to sucker a bunch of people out of even more money for products he'd never produce

He seems to have moved on from that scam and used the money he stole to start a magazine/calendar company called Poisonous Pinups. He also does modeling under the name Geoffrey von Gore.
>>
>>6220329
I disagree. I have plenty of both. Icons have weird articulation.
Batman for example: his abdomen doesn't work as well as it should on paper, his arms are too small, and his legs only look good in like 2 poses
ML on the other hand has been making some better figures over the last year. The figures are solid, great articulation, and great sculpts. My favorites are deadpool and comic starlord. Both are simply better figures than my icons, and have better accessories too.
Icons is much better than DCUC or mattel's shit, but I rather them pursue a higher quality figure line like the films
>>
File: Punisher ML m60.jpg (21KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher ML m60.jpg
21KB, 450x450px
>>6220336
Still better than the ML line that doesn't give characters like the Punisher trigger fingers and cheaply reuses bodies everywhere, making the scale creep up to the point it's no longer 1:12 nor 6".

>>6220360
>great sculpts.
You mean when they bother to actually use a new body, which is 90% time NOPE?
>simply better figures than my icons, and have better accessories too.
Way to cherry pick, but i guess you have to with such a cheapo line, huh?
Most of the MLs don't come with accessories or ONE, whereas Icons come ladened with them like alternate hands. Nevermind that their paint isn't that good and very "toyetic", mostly basic paint apps and they're done without even checking if they were applied right.
Icons are what MLs should be. More paint, more bodies that are appropriately used, more accessories, and better QC. Only thing Icons are missing are the hip swivels, though newer figures have that pull down hip like the Figuarts.
>>
What are some of the best Icons figures?
>>
>>6220432
I really enjoy my Green Lantern.
>>
>>6220384
>follows up with a cherry pick
there isn't even like 20 icons. Legends has been putting out figures for years.
good ML>icons>bad MLs (yes there are a lot of bad ones)
marvel legends have much better articulation
dc icons has better paint, but ML has better sculpts
ML has better proportions. Icons are shaped weird and don't look as good sitting in a display.
Some icons have better accessories, some marvel legends (like deadpool or movie starlord) come with more than plenty

>>6220432
icons have good females. Harley and batgirl are good. Blue beetle and green arrow are solid. Batman is meh, superman sucks
>>
>>6220440
>good ML>icons>bad MLs
Yeah, that's nice if you want to treat it as by purely quantity, but percentage wise it's
Icons >>>>>>>> Good MLs ≥ Bad MLs. Yes, equal or greater than because the percentage is SMALL.

>ML has better sculpts
LOL, wut? I'm sorry, but they share sculpts mandatory, so you can't make this argument, especially when their size is off.
>Icons are shaped weird
How the hell is this even a criticism? What a nebulous thing to say, almost like you dont have a legit point.

Seriously, you're the reason we don't get plain normal bodies like Blue Beetle's to go along side with his buddy who's built like a action movie star. Your low expectations that consider mediocrity good is why we don't get a bunch of accessories with all our toys. You're why there's a scale creep with MLs.
We'll never see a DCC level Marvel line because of your kind.

>>6220432
Harley is a must. It's basically the ultimate Harley at this point. Sculpt is amazing and it's very poseable.
>>
File: 1488331740748.jpg (1MB, 2323x2217px) Image search: [Google]
1488331740748.jpg
1MB, 2323x2217px
>>6220452
>LOL, wut? I'm sorry, but they share sculpts mandatory, so you can't make this argument, especially when their size is off.
no there are a lot of different sculpts. Many of them share body pieces, yes, but nearly all of them have a unique sculpt piece (still looking at the last 3 years tops). I'm not going through to name them, and you wouldn't believe me anyways, but its the truth. They reuse a lot of spidermen, but even the 2099 is the most articulate figure theyve released, with unique shoulder pieces. Batman and Superman and Flash are simply more similar than most MLs that get released.
Look at your picture, Gold's face looks retarded. The new wonderwoman looks horrible compared to the promo pics. Her face is fat, her arms are tiny, same proportion issues most of them share.

>Icons are shaped weird
>How the hell is this even a criticism? What a nebulous thing to say, almost like you dont have a legit point.
Many of them are disproportionate. Small arms, big legs. The abdomen pieces they use for males are too big for a chest piece.

>good ML>icons>bad MLs
>Yeah, that's nice if you want to treat it as by purely quantity, but percentage wise it's
>Icons >>>>>>>> Good MLs ≥ Bad MLs. Yes, equal or greater than because the percentage is SMALL.
We're just going to disagree, but you can't deny that ML puts out more figures in 2-3 months than icons has EVER released. That includes obscure comic characters every wave. ML released more good figures in a year that icons has EVER, and probably ever will looking at how successful the line is.
>>
>>6220521
>one unique piece makes its sculpt great
hilarious.
>Gold's face looks retarded.
No, seriously, you're why DCC can only enjoy success selling movie and TV toys, and they don't even need to try as hard as they do, because you accept mediocrity.

>Small arms, big legs.
You don't even know anatomy.
All of their arms reach up to their thighs, if not longer. That's normal.
And long legs is a superhero proportion, especially since so many of these are actually based on the comic art.

>but you can't deny that ML puts out more figures in 2-3 months than icons has EVER released
No shit? I outright said it. It's just super easy to ignore because almost everything looks bad and it's why I stopped buying MLs years ago.
I'm glad that Mezco is making their One:12 figures, that way i actually get GOOD Marvel figures. Sadly, Mezco's DC ones don't look as good, but that's mostly because DCC does a great job in the first place.
>>
File: 1457632614380.png (385KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457632614380.png
385KB, 800x400px
wew lad
I'm glad I'm not this invested in action figures and only buy one or two a month.
>>
I really wanted to like the icons line, but they NEVER improved the engineering to correct for the flaws of the first wave.

I'm not paying above legends prices for toys with worse engineering, and in the case of two of the figures I got, floppy parts.
>>
>>6220533
>>one unique piece makes its sculpt great
thats not what I said, you were dismissing my argument because you said
"they share sculpts mandatory, so you can't make this argument"

I accept mediocrity? By holding my purchases to a higher standard than Icons is providing? I don't buy movie and tv toys because they are all garbage save for the 2 Films figures (which I bought). Youre the one defending Icons sculpts. Gold looks mentally handicapped, and wonder woman has a landwhale face. I don't want to buy that shit.

>You don't even know anatomy.
k.

>I stopped buying MLs years ago.
oh so you haven't even owned MLs using the new sculpts theyve been using the last 3 or so years?
Hmmmm.... really makes me think....

>I'm glad that Mezco is making their One:12 figures, that way i actually get GOOD Marvel figures. Sadly, Mezco's DC ones don't look as good, but that's mostly because DCC does a great job in the first place.
Mezco has been doing a great job recently, and I'm excited to see what they do in the future. DCC has just been putting out their garbage animation figures to appeal to nostalgia, their new ugly ass bombshell line (thats going to bomb ironically), and Icons, which is being delayed and cancelled to accommodate the previous two lines. Oh and a shitload of statueshit that they pump out yearly
>>
Not to rub salt into anyone's wounds but god DAMN am I glad I avoided DC Icons. I picked up the irredeemable tire fire of complete fucking shit-garbage that was Icons Superman and that was quite enough of that line for me.
>>
>>6220559
hopefully mattel picks up the slack (I know its a longshot)
>>
>>6220432
Firestorm and John stewart are easily my favorites. Also Joker is pretty good too.
>>
>>6220554
>I said
>Many of them share body pieces, yes, but nearly all of them have a unique sculpt piece
>to argue my point that they have great sculpts
Comedy gold.
>higher standard than Icons is providing
>few paint apps, inappropriate retools, poor QC, no shading, no scale, almost no accessories barring the rare figure, any newly molded figure must be a BAF
>higher standards
Comedy Gold.
>I don't buy movie and tv toys... save for the 2 Films figures
COMEDY GOLD
>I don't want to buy that shit.
Then don't, but guess what? It's fucking based on popular art by Kevin McGuire from Justice League International and accurately done, which makes it a GREAT sculpt regardless of your opinion.
>really makes me think
You must struggle if you really think any of these toys are hidden away inside blind boxes. Or are you such a shut in that you think everyone buys their stuff online? As a Hasbro buyer, that's idiotic, because of how bad their QC can get.

So why would i buy toys that are cheaply done? I know that the majority are just retools because of how common the bodies have become. I know that they're not doing complex paint jobs. I know that they have shoddy QC. So knowing all this, it's a line that's easy to avoid and reject. So whether it's 3 years, 1 year, or even last month, these faults are still apparent.
>>
>>6220336
Christ, that paint job still pisses me off. How did they fuck up that badly.
>>
Icons was shit anyway
>>
Is Burnside Batgirl still coming out in the Multiverse line? Seems like its all Suicide Squad everywhere.
>>
>>6220909
Already out
>>
>>6219855
Yeah i never like the goggles look and then the just started sticking them on her hear and she had her full face exposed which always annoyed me.

This still looks great imo, what line was it from and is there nay chance i could get it for less than an arm and leg u think? Purple was always so much cooler than the black, just makes a really strong statement about her confidence i thought.
>>
File: 190025_1058463_3.jpg (28KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
190025_1058463_3.jpg
28KB, 500x206px
Anybody looking to make a deal?

I'm only interested in Killer Croc and Poison Ivy from this set. Would anybody interested in buying the others?
>>
>>6221091
How much does the set run?
>>
>>6221096
$175, but you should be able to find it for around $140-$150
>>
>>6220641
we aint even arguing, sorry your beloved toy line is being canned. Maybe if it was as good as you claim, it would have sold
>>
>>6221091
What would you want for the remainder? I want Bane and Freeze, but don't like the cop. Montoya looks...off, somehow.
>>
>>6221265
email me here, we can discuss further:
[email protected]
>>
File: marvel toys.jpg (87KB, 900x413px) Image search: [Google]
marvel toys.jpg
87KB, 900x413px
>>6221188
Lots of great lines are canceled because they're too niche and people only care about comic characters only if they appear movie/tv/vg shit.
>>
>>6221265
>>6221103
>>6221091
>not buying the set and reselling it 5 years later for $500
>singles, loose, like Mr Freeze and Bane going for $80
The set is waaay too obvious with people overpaying for nostalgia.
>>
>>6221356
Go home, you're drunk.
>>
File: lobounlimited.jpg (9KB, 160x225px) Image search: [Google]
lobounlimited.jpg
9KB, 160x225px
>>6221385
>B:TAS not a reknown popular series
>doesnt have a huge fanbase
>nostalgiafags not known for paying big prices for missed out products
>characters not unlikely to get ever made again
>box set not priced out of the league for many poorfags and casualfags today and retailers not already light on ordering DCC stuff, so it won't be rare in the future.
It has too many things going for it. Lots of DCAU shit already goes for retard bucks now and you dont think something that's a hundred times better won't sell? Also, you know who needs an DCC?

The only way i can see it not going for megabucks down the line is if people like /co/ not telling the current underagedbans that it's a great series and must be watched, and that type of future requires for a nice nuclear war without internet to happen.
>>
>>6221685
I know it won't sell. You know why DCC cancelled all those lines? Because retailers weren't buying. You know why retailers weren't buying? Because collectors weren't buying.

Feel free to put a few thousand bucks into a couple dozen of these 5-packs though.
>>
>>6221708
You know that one retailer that has talked about this line multiple times? The one that isn't buying certain lines from DCC because of other lines not selling that made him cut back?
Yea...............

Still doesn't change the fact that nostalgiafags are willing to pay up megabucks for something that will be rare.

Also, you have me confused with a scalper. I'm just saying that you should buy it while you have the chance for cheap, instead of regretting it when you have more money, but when it's priced way out of your league unless you're some kind of nostalgiaretard or rich.
>>
>>6219632

I think they killed themselves there. At those prices you might as well get the Japanese figures. They got released first, are better engineered and have cleaner paint.

I haven't picked up *any* DC film figures except SHF Harley because the likenesses are all pretty bad. I really want a good Caville but no one has done his face properly yet.
>>
File: Meet the Fuccons.jpg (145KB, 1488x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Meet the Fuccons.jpg
145KB, 1488x1080px
>>6221753
>At those prices you might as well get the Japanese figures. They got released first, are better engineered and have cleaner paint.
But the Japanese figures are ugly and don't even use paint.
Also, what's engineered better?

Also also, shame on you for supporting shit movies.
>>
>>6218547
>The Superman/Doomsday pack will be the start of their new intended direction that's more based on specific costumes/moments
Oh fuck yes.

Please Rags Morales, Frank Quitely, and Curt Swan Supermen.

Also, Overman.

And Superboy.

Pls.
>>
>>6221725
Comic shops around here won't order them, they're heavily discounted at shows, and discounted online. Same with Icons. Same with the predecessor to Icons.

I'm just saying I don't ave any confidence that these 5-packs will do anything but sit.
>>
File: nu52shit.jpg (154KB, 1060x500px) Image search: [Google]
nu52shit.jpg
154KB, 1060x500px
>>6221891
>Same with the predecessor to Icons.
?
There's never been a general DC line by DCC to have heavily articulated figures from their comics.

>I'm just saying I don't ave any confidence that these 5-packs will do anything but sit.
So what's the difference between a beloved TV series known by practically everyone and something like this?
>>
>>6221902
>There's never been a general DC line by DCC to have heavily articulated figures from their comics.
You're joking, right? Or did you just start collecting this year?

>>6221902
>So what's the difference between a beloved TV series known by practically everyone and something like this?
What's your angle? Are you trying to say Batman Animated is the same as comics and movies or not?
>>
anyone know if Mattel is going to release tdkr armored batman to resemble the one from the cartoon movie? repaint I guess
>>
>>6221956
>You're joking, right? Or did you just start collecting this year?

They've never done anything like icons
>>
So what's going on with that King shark BAF? I thought they had also shown the hammerhead head for him at SDCC but someone saw the entire wave and there was just the regular head. I need that Zoom, though.
>>
>>6221956
>You're joking, right?
Geez dude, way to prove how clueless you are

>What's your angle?
Angle? That more people have watched the cartoon and praise it vastly more than the comics, especially the nu52 shit?
Not saying it's better than the comics in general, just that it's vastly more recognizable, hence there being so many DCasuals vs actual DC comic fans who won't buy classic characters like OP vs movie/tv stuff like the Rogue pack.
>>
>>6222044
Reminder that comics are a dead medium.
More people learn about the characters through the cartoons and movies and games nowadays then they ever will from picking up an overpriced picture book with ads.
>DCasuals vs actual DC comic fans
People who brag about reading more comics than other people are the saddest fucking thing ever.
Don't be one of those.
>>
>>6222053
>More people learn about the characters through the cartoons and movies
That's how I got into comics in the 80s
>>
>>6222048
Then I'm just imagining the toys being massively discounted everywhere! Time to stop trusting your lying eyes because some anonymous kid on 4chan says so!
>>
>>6222345
I like the BTAS line but they don't get touched above $15. At $140, that set is twice as expensive as it needs to be to sell. The price is passed with a stupid gimmicky box. Do you realize the Girls Night Out set is also 5 figures and costs less than half even at BBTS? Neither of them is going to command a premium, ever.
>>
>>6222354
>passed
padded
>>
File: dc_direct_jim_balent_catwoman.jpg (262KB, 500x849px) Image search: [Google]
dc_direct_jim_balent_catwoman.jpg
262KB, 500x849px
>>6220963
>Yeah i never like the goggles look and then the just started sticking them on her hear and she had her full face exposed which always annoyed me.

My big issue with them is that they're supposed to look like cat ears, and she already has cat eras, so its like double cat ears.

The figure is DC direct's Knightfall Catwoman, and unfortunately its pricy as fuck, running $50 for a MOC version. Loose it goes for $25-30. I think there's some hope for the Icons purple Catwoman in a 90's Batman set, so hopefully we haven't seen the last of it.
>>
>>6219855
>The modern Audrey Hepburn look isn't bad, but it looked best drawn by Cooke or Hughes, and it's overstayed it's welcome. Hate the goggles too.
I actually love that look the most (mainly because of the Audrey Hepburn vibe), I just think that a lot of interpretations of that design have been pretty uninspired as of late.

Didn't help how they changed small details of that design for worse from New 52 onwards without really doing much in the way of reinvigorating her overall design.
>>
>>6222345
That has nothing to do with the point being argued.
>>
File: Toad01.jpg (445KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Toad01.jpg
445KB, 1024x768px
>>6222053
Please stop talking if you're only going to speak ignorant things about things you know nothing about.
You even proved my point about how mainstream stuff sells.

>>6222354
>Neither of them is going to command a premium,
As someone who actually buys and enjoys this stuff, even i didn't buy the Girls Night Out and probably never will. That said, just because stuff isn't sell out instantly or even within a year, doesn't mean anything.
It's a well known fact that even shit toys will sell and command high prices from collectors that were overlooked and CLEARANCED, even if they're shit like pic.

Or go look at McFarlane stuff that was actually bought in triples and doubles, left to go on clearance in stores, and commanding double, triple, and even quintuple what it went for at retail. Actual quality stuff that still looks great to this day will be bought and sought after.
Obviously, not everything will go for high prices, but RARE stuff, like expensive toys few people wanted to afford?
Theres a ton of examples of toys going for a lot of money because they're from still popular series or at least have a steady following.
>>
>>6218286
>Yet again, no Static figure.

Sigh...
>>
>>6221347
I got regular Super-Patriot, Judge Dredd, Madman, and tank-top Savage Dragon from this pic. Good figures, especially that Dredd.
>>
>>6219129
t. /tv/
>>
>>6222053
Kill yourself casual shit
>>
>>6223857
I just do not agree.

DCC is resorting to multipacks because they're desperate. They think people who pinch their pennies on singles are just going to go slack-jawed in the face of a BIG set in a BIG box with a BIG price.

If you like the set, get it. I think you'll be waiting a long time to flip it at a profit.
>>
>>6223857
>>6224063
I'm right and you know it.
Marvel is kicking DC's asses right now and it's all thanks to the movies. They're popular, generally good, and most of all accessible to normies.
DC's shows are much better at introducing people to The Flash and Green Arrow than going through volume after volume of graphic novels.

Nobody cares about the actual comics anymore, which aren't good anymore anyways. It's a sad fact and hurts to acknowledge as fan but the sooner you can accept this the sooner you can stop blaming normies not knowing characters for toy lines being cancelled.
>>
File: whowins.jpg (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
whowins.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
>>6219677
What line is that bane figure from?
>>
>>6224531
I think that's the DCUC BAF
>>
Are there any decent figures of Shazam?
>>
>>6224909
There's a Mezco version coming out soon but other than that it's mostly DCD/DCC stuff with limited articulation
>>
>>6224114
>>6224076
What the hell are you guys arguing about?
Nothing you've said relates to my posts.
>>
>>6224938
>you say it will sell
>I say it won't
>not related at all
KEK
>>
File: coralines.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
coralines.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>6224942
>can't read
>can't read
>can't read
So awesome.

Read through my posts again.

Have a picture of a toy that sold for shit and was clearanced off just about everywhere but goes for megabucks now.
Just like Toad.
>>
File: kb1.jpg (31KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
kb1.jpg
31KB, 752x564px
RIP My Love :(
>>
>>6225011
>pantsless
>topless
Anon...what are you going to do with those dolls?
>>
>>6225011
What the hell are you talking about? Nothing you've said relates to any of my posts.
>>
File: coraline_1.jpg (137KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
coraline_1.jpg
137KB, 800x770px
>>6225032
Yeah, looks cheap and it's the reason i never really bit into the line. I sorta kinda regret it, but not because of the cost. They had really neat features like moveable eyes.
They cost over a hundred bucks now, usually in the $200s.
Even the button Coraline doll no one wanted is going for almost 4x its MSRP.

Just shows that popular series' products will go up in price years later, especially when no one bothers to release new figures for it.
>>
I want to know how I can pry the head off my Mattel figs
Please tell me how.
>>
File: 2017-03-05 22.06.18.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-05 22.06.18.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>6225260
Managed to remove Tim drake's head. Now how do I re-affix it?
>>
>>6225273
I've never done so myself, but hitting the head with a hairdryer or putting it in some boiling water for a few seconds should loosen it up enough to make it easier to put back on.
>>
Does the DC Rebirth Seven Pack comes with interchangeable hands and accessories?
>>
File: justaprankbro.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
justaprankbro.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>6225030
>>
Bought a couple Batman: TAS figures and the joints on one is kind of stiff. Is hot water the best way to loosen these up?
>>
being a Etrigan/Lobo fan is suffering really when it comes to toys
>>
>>6225710
are they any good? I'm eyeing the joker and batman ones but I don't wanna have to shell out 30 canadian sheckels a piece for them
>>
>>6218286
Wow, really? Those 2 on the right are cancelled as well...??? Why...???? Etrigan would have sold well and sexiest catwoman costume would have sold too, I'd think.
>>
>>6225135
I would fucking die for Kubo figures in this style.
>>
File: IMG_20170306_121457.jpg (555KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170306_121457.jpg
555KB, 1440x2560px
it is ok, but i still love Talia.
>>
>>6225710
Hot water or a hair dryer
>>
>>6225889

Moon sister with alt cracked mask when
>>
>>6225800
I'm not the one to ask because:

1) I'm just starting my /toy/ collection and these are the first to arrive

2) I got them for less than $8
>>
>>6222379
Haha double cat ears , didn't really think of that! Thanks for the seats, I'll have to have a scan for it but yeah fingers crossed that sculpt will come out in some new line. Has a 90s batman line been announced?
>>
DCAU Static when?
>>
File: IMG_8192.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8192.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
who else has this?
>>
>>6228826
I got mine :)
>>
>>6219677
Dude is that a Vader with his mastodon helmet?
>>
>>6228876
Yes
>>
>>6228826
I think I have one tucked away loose in a box in the attic is anyone interested in one?
>>
>>6228826
A good effort, back when Mattel actually gave a budget to the DCUC line, but it's so outdated compared to what DCC was going to release.
shit sux if it's never release.

DCC should make a kickstarter to get unmade figures made. Direct to Consumers instead of letting retailers cockblock the lines, because unrelated merchandise didn't sell.
>>
File: 1475261883568.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1475261883568.png
44KB, 658x662px
HLJ is saying Mafex Knightmare Batman has been delayed to June
>>
>>6228955
>DCC should make a kickstarter to get unmade figures made.
>kickstarter
Oh, yeah, that's just what we need, let's let a company that can't release shit on time under normal circumstances hide behind the even lower expectations of crowdsourcing.

>Direct to Consumers instead of letting retailers cockblock the lines, because unrelated merchandise didn't sell.
>unrelated
You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. I'm sorry you're poor and don't understand that Icons has to sell for Icons to be ordered.

>>6228961
Medicom is trying to be the DCC of the far east. Got to love ordering a year before the movie and getting it a year after the movie. Come on DCCanon, tell me how that's unrelated too.
>>
>>6229009
>let a company that can't release shit on time under normal circumstances hide behind the even lower expectations of crowdsourcing
It's better than nothing.
And why would expectations be lower?

Also, DCC delaying stuff just shows that the hickups other Kickstarters almost always face with their toys is the norm. Large companies like Hasbro and Mattel cancel/delay stuff all the time too, but they can throw their weight around to make things happen faster even if things get fucked up.

>I do not think it means what you think it means
Someone saying they're a retailer on /toy/ said he orders less because of other DCC lines not selling and upset about prices being too high, despite costing less than two figures sold seperately.
>>
>>6229021
>Someone saying they're a retailer on /toy/ said he orders less because of other DCC lines not selling and upset about prices being too high, despite costing less than two figures sold seperately.

Wrong on all counts.

Let's take the cancelled Catwoman. MSRP $28, BBTS $24. Compare to Booster and Beetle, $60 and $55 respectively. The first thing you should notice is that 2x24<55 and 2x28<60.

The second thing you would notice, especially if you were a retailer, is that MSRP is the basis for all discounts. Since no customer actually pays MSRP, a portion of that discount is imaginary. That discount is further eroded by shipping, which the distributor won't quote a price for up front and frequently bungles at your expense.

So, B&B here, sold in cases of 8, went from $24.70 to $33.70 per unit. This is a 36% price increase. Now add shipping, which would run about $25. IF the distributor didn't open cases and mail multiple shipments. Yes, for real. We're talking $36.83 by the time I get them.

Forget for a minute that Icons is just the latest DC line to sit and sink to single-digit clearance (oops, too late). Just focus on how Icons is selling. They don't sell at the previous price point ($24 MSRP, $22 ARP). Shops still have them in stock a year later. One can also look at eBay sold listings and see $22 with free shipping. $22 with free shipping is actually about $15 on the upper end. Some don't even net $10.

But let's be nice and assume $15 is the standard. That's a discount of 38% off MSRP ($24). 38% off the B&B set MSRP is $37.20. If my cost is $36.83, I have a profit of 37 cents. If I use Craig's List or BST. And you pay cash. And MSRP. And quickly to reduce carrying costs.

Here comes reality. eBay will take 14% of the sale price plus shipping ($9.38). Paypal/Square online will take 3% ($2.01). In person (no shipping), the PP/SQ take is $1.80. Go to a show, factor in table rent. It's a loss any way you look at it.
>>
>>6229109
>lying liar with pants on fire
Guy claiming to be retailer said it was advertised as $40 and then uppped in price to $55.
That's still less than buying two Icon figures seperately.

>Since no customer actually pays MSRP
This is also wrong. The majority of comic stores will sell them MSRP and sometimes more. Stores like Barnes and Noble and other physical chain stores do the same. Hell, Amazon gives almost no if any discount on collector toys either when they're new.

Everything else you said still doesn't change the fact that that retailer was claiming he was ordering less because of OTHER DCC lines not selling.
And a lot of stores increase the MSRP to make it seem like you're getting a deal. MLs at indy stores like comic shops usually say they're $24.99 crossed out and the discount price is $19.99. Can't count on Previews prices being accurate.

Of course, what does this have to do with DCC needing to get a kickstarter going so fans can get canceled figures? What was the "low expectations?"
>>
>>6229109
Oops, my mistake, I did the commission off of MSRP. Corrected figures would be: eBay ($6.19), PP/SQ online ($1.33), PP/SQ show ($1.12). Regardless, it still shows a loss because all of those come out of 37 cents.

Plus, there are other assumptions. It assumes no damaged product. It assumes no theft. It assumes timely delivery. It assumes no storage costs. It assumes no transaction costs on the acquisition of inventory (some distributors charge a fee for EFT, even if you're using it more like a charge card than a credit card...if you're buying on credit, stop, you're already fucked and digging your hole deeper with every order). It doesn't factor in rent, which ranges from about $60/day (flea markets, hotels, fire halls) to $1200/weekend (smaller comic-con affiliates).

Collectors don't want to hear it but alot of them are very cheap and bad at money management. They'll pay $50 to get into a dealer room (bad money management) and then get upset that niche/import items are only 20% off (very cheap). The smartphone price matchers are the worst because they'll actually turn down $18 in person over $20 + $7 shipping online because it's not cheaperer enough.

Now put DCC back in the mix. If DCC put out 5 lines in a row that went to massive clearance, it's prudent to do your risk analysis based on clearance prices. That's the cold reality of it. We're not in business to subsidize your every whim and wouldn't be in business for long if we were.

>>6229021
>Also, DCC delaying stuff just shows that the hickups other Kickstarters almost always face with their toys is the norm.
No, what businesses don't want to face is that this is the norm _when_you_outsource_every_part_of_"your"_core_business_to_3rd_parties. People on Kickstarters do that because they don't have the facilities or manpower. Companies do it to save a buck and fools keep swallowing every excuse. I guarantee if production were in-house even 1st world this wouldn't be such an issue.
>>
>>6229120
>Guy claiming to be retailer said it was advertised as $40 and then uppped in price to $55.

Can you even read? It was advertised around $40 and upped to around $55. What part of this can you not understand?

>>6229120
>That's still less than buying two Icon figures seperately.

Can you even do math? MSRSP of 1 figure is $28. MSRP of 2 figures is $50. In no fucking universe is $60 less than $56.

>>6229120
>This is also wrong. The majority of comic stores will sell them MSRP and sometimes more. Stores like Barnes and Noble and other physical chain stores do the same. Hell, Amazon gives almost no if any discount on collector toys either when they're new.

Shelf price and Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price are not the same thing. I can't believe I have to tell you this.
>>
>>6229127
>MSRP of 2 figures is $50.
Christ, your stupid is spreading. MSRP of 2 figures is $60.
>>
I swear to God you must be a DCC shill. Why else would you want everybody to forget what a fuckup every line you sell is? You're like an abusive spouse who swears the latest beating was the last one for reals reals this time. I don't know what this fixation on one-upping Geoff Beckett is about, but if you actually put some effort into producing a quality product and delivering to your retail partners, you wouldn't have time to engage in it on a Himalayan tap-dancing BBS or elsewhere.
>>
File: DC Icons and MSRP.jpg (59KB, 765x574px) Image search: [Google]
DC Icons and MSRP.jpg
59KB, 765x574px
>>6229125
>Can you even do math? MSRSP of 1 figure is $28. MSRP of 2 figures is $50. In no fucking universe is $60 less than $56.
LOL, that's some selective math you're doing and coming up with bullshit out of thin air. Since when is the MSRP of 2 figures $50? Icons are $28 each and $28 + $28 > $55.

>Shelf price and Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price are not the same thing.
That's nice, but the prices listed for US to pay are $27.99 for Icons and 19.99 for MLs. When retailers like Target, TRU, etc that all use the MSRP as advertised by companies like Hasbro and DCC, that's what we expect to pay. From there it CAN be discounted, these big stores usually do not anymore. You have to price match and the majority of people do not, hence them not even bothering to compete anymore and keeping the MSRP on their shelves.

>what businesses don't want to face is that this is the norm
Wow, you mean companies who have been making toys abroad for the past 50 or so years and getting fucked over by them on a monthly/weekly/yearly basis don't know it's not the norm?
You should totally start offering your highly knowledge premium paid services to them to teach them.
>>
>>6229133
>LOL, that's some selective math you're doing and coming up with bullshit out of thin air. Since when is the MSRP of 2 figures $50? Icons are $28 each and $28 + $28 > $55.

MSRP is $60, you idiot. $55 is actual retail price.

And actual price for one figure is $22-$24 depending on the wave so it's STILL not cheaper to buy two together.

>That's nice, but the prices listed for US to pay are $27.99 for Icons and 19.99 for MLs.

MSRP for Marvel Legends is actually $22 or $23. $20 is the actual retail price. And even then you poorfags wait for a $10 sale.

Icons MSRP is $28, up from $24. Actual retail price is $24, up from $22. The only place you're seeing MSRP for Icons is comic shops that can't afford the volume required for a wider margin. Every other retailer with a website is charging below MSRP for Icons.
>>
>>6229133
pic related
>>
>>6229133
>Wow, you mean companies who have been making toys abroad for the past 50 or so years and getting fucked over by them on a monthly/weekly/yearly basis don't know it's not the norm?

Here, let me try again:
>fools keep swallowing every excuse

Shall I lead you from A to B to C? They know they screw up. They tell you an excuse. You are a fool. You swallow it.
>>
File: hasbrotoyshop prices.jpg (179KB, 998x907px) Image search: [Google]
hasbrotoyshop prices.jpg
179KB, 998x907px
>>6229141
So you're saying that guy claiming to be a retailer was lying when he said that the prices were changed from 40 to 55? 55 being the number that matches up with the price that other major retailers are listing as MSRP and are actually charging for?

Why should i believe you, who has been bullshitting this entire time, when he was actually offering his complaints over why he dislikes DCC?

>MSRP for Marvel Legends is actually $22 or $23. $20 is the actual retail price.
Right. So you're saying the Hasbrotoyshop, who by default charges MSRP, is lying? That Target is lying? That TRU is lying? That Amazon is lying?

The prices you're quoting is mostly Diamond's BS who almost always increases the prices because.

>The only place you're seeing MSRP for Icons is comic shops that can't afford the volume required for a wider margin.
Like Amazon? Barnes and Noble? Man, these companies sure can't afford the volume....
>>
>>6229155
>So you're saying that guy claiming to be a retailer was lying when he said that the prices were changed from 40 to 55?

For the last time, no. Sorry you can't understand that he was casually mixing MSRP and ARP without specifying context. I knew what he meant because I have the paperwork in front of me. Sorry that you think quoting fucking invoices and official solicitations is "bullshitting."

>>6229155
>Right. So you're saying the Hasbrotoyshop, who by default charges MSRP, is lying?
Where does it say they charge MSRP? The voices in your head don't count.

>>6229155
>Diamond's BS
Diamond is a great Satan but their MSRP mirrors DCC's MSRP. Sorry you don't like that.

>>6229155
>Amazon
Amazon is not selling at MSRP you dope. They have "list price" crossed out in plain sight. TRU lately often does charge MSRP (and for reasons associated with volume being a diiiiiiiistant 3rd behind Walmart and Target). That's why poorfags cry about them being more expensive than Niggermart.

This whole thread is:
>babby doesn't get toys
>DCC passive-aggressively blames collectors
>babby blames retailers
>retailers explain why things are the way they are
>babby doesn't believe it
You deserve DCC's eventual move to statues-only.
>>
>>6220452
To clarify Blue Beetle and Booster gold are cancelled right?
This and classic deathstroke were the only ones I fucking wanted
>>
>>6229311
Shit forgot to turn off my /lg/ namefag
>>
>>6218286
Does that mean the Super Sons two pack's been canceled?
>>
>>6228903

How much
>>
File: amazon msrp.jpg (235KB, 2182x509px) Image search: [Google]
amazon msrp.jpg
235KB, 2182x509px
>>6229196
You're just arguing just to argue, huh?

It seems like you're only attached to arguing about the prices that Diamond is known for inflating to hide the fact that you said some really stupid shit.
You said a kickstarter would lower expectations? What? And that toy companies don't know how difficult it is to produce goods in China? WTF?

>Where does it say they charge MSRP?
It's been that way forever.

>Diamond is a great Satan but their MSRP mirrors DCC's MSRP. Sorry you don't like that.
That's awesome. So you admit that Diamond lists products over MSRP but somehow you still want to pretend you're right? Way to prove my point and forget the Bs you're pushing.

>Amazon is not selling at MSRP you dope
LOL. They do all the time. Not everything is discounted. And i love how you admit to TRU and Target doing MSRP, proving me right again.
>>
>>6229314
I think everything announced and shown at toy Fair will be made, unless retailers decide not to order it too.
>>
Does anyone know the DPCI code for the new king shark BAF wave? I wanna grab me a zoom.
>>
>>6230061

I want the King Shark BAF, but I don't want any of the figures.
>>
>>6229311
Yes.
Cancelled: Beetle, Booster, Etrigan, Catwoman, Deadshot, Captain Marvel, Sinestro
Won't Be Cancelled; Already Produced: Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Static, Cyborg, Swamp Thing
March 22nd: Rebirth 7-Pack
Pre-Order: Nightwing, Supergirl, Super-Sons 2-Pack, Death of Superman 2-Pack
>>
>>6230510
I want King shark and just a few of the figures.mattel has some cool build a figures recently but really shitty regular figures.
>>
>>6230061
I want Zoom, Garrick, and maybe Gordon-Bats myself, but given how much the stores around me overstocked on that first wave/the DCEU wave, I doubt I'll see them.
Speaking of Gordbats, is this a BaF or a single release or something? I can't find any details on it.
>>
Is subjectanon shitting himself because his fav line is going belly up? Is he literally on suicide watch?
would anyone care if one were to look away for just enough time for a man to hang himself with his own socks?
>>
File: dan-didio-no-fun-allowed-b.gif (72KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
dan-didio-no-fun-allowed-b.gif
72KB, 380x400px
>>6218332
Clearly it's your fault for not buying a bunch of the figures you didn't want.
>>
>>6231049
its standing in the middle of a group of figures. I'm assuming its a BAF for all the figures in its display, which will be a wave
>>
>>6231065
Don't mock, dude.

A great line bombing is always a sad thing.
>>
>>6218286
damn damn damn, god fucking damnit I really wanted Blue and Gold.
>>
>>6231049
>>6231136
It's in a 2-pack with GCPD Batman.
>>
>>6231977
You're thinking of the DCC figure. These ones are from Mattel and this is indeed the BaF/CnC.
>>
>>6231136
>>6232008
>Another BaF wave I won't see due to stores overstocking wave 1 to hell
Well, damn.
>>
So which poison do I pick?
>>
>>6232356
The Mezco figure looks pretty good but the head looks so pale that the sculpt's details are hard to see
>>
>>6232356
mafex is weiner
mezco may or may not be worth the price, but youre at least getting a decent figure
>>
File: 2017-02-24 01.12.48.jpg (3MB, 1590x2829px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-24 01.12.48.jpg
3MB, 1590x2829px
>>6232356
Dc collectibles
>>
>>6232430
Overpriced, corset waist, no paint, poorly integrated joints, not 6 inch scaled. No thanks.
>>
>>6232436
got it on amazon for $30
thats $20 cheaper than mafex. Not overpriced IMO
>>
>>6232441
Well it's not always 30 so that doesn't mean anything. In fact, it's 40, while Mafex is 47.
>>
>>6232444
I've never seen mafex go below 40, while DCC does regularly
if you watch for it, it can be a cheaper option
>>
Should I buy the Mafex Armored Batman?
>>
>>6232356
>>6232430
Actual poison.
>>
File: Untitled.png (767KB, 729x929px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
767KB, 729x929px
What's the best 6 in scale Wonder Woman figure? Ideally with a pretty face, sexy body, and decent articulation
>>
DCAU Static when?
>>
File: Wondy.jpg (68KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wondy.jpg
68KB, 500x300px
>>6233527
>pretty face
>>
File: 41450A5LFbL._SY450_.jpg (22KB, 356x450px) Image search: [Google]
41450A5LFbL._SY450_.jpg
22KB, 356x450px
>>6233710
>sexy body
>>
File: dcu4_12.jpg (126KB, 800x1110px) Image search: [Google]
dcu4_12.jpg
126KB, 800x1110px
>>6233713
>decent articulation
>>
Any chance the Livewire and Supergirl figures from the Batman Animated 5-pack will get single releases later? I want the pack but the fact that the figures don't come with any alternate hands is holding me back a little.
>>
>>6233715
>DCUC
>decent articulation
lol
It's passable, not decent and that skinny-fat sculpt from 4H is horrible.

For better than "decent" articulation, pretty much every current DCC figure has more articulation and better poseability than that ancient piece of shit.
>>
>>6234399
Christ, that facial expression...
>>
File: FIG-KAI-7129.jpg (27KB, 347x542px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-KAI-7129.jpg
27KB, 347x542px
Thoughts about DCC New 52 Supergirl?

Kinda new to this and I kinda want to hunt one down during my day off in a few days.
Seen some Youtube reviews and photos (crazy eyes and sloppy QC is a bit of a turnoff) but I want to know what do you guys think of the figure.
>>
>>6234495
I've got the Huntress and Power girl 2 pack. It looks like it uses the same body as power girl. The paint wasn't too bad, just a few blemishes. The paint they use though is this thick stuff that they coat over the joints (like the arms and knees). It actually made power girls hand piece stuck in the arm, I just yanked it out and glued it back on. Her cap is also attached to her back, but the glue on the pegs came off and I'm afraid I'd yank her cape off if I spent a lot of time with her. She just sits on the shelf though because her and especially huntress have pointlessly poor articulation making them useless for any kind of pose other than standing.

They don't look too bad for a shelf display. They give power girl generous womanly features. She has a large rack and a great ass. Great shelf piece, both of them. I also got them for cheap so I can't complain too much. I just wanted a good power girl figure, and its about all that exists
>>
>>6233710
The best Wonder Woman make in the history
>>
File: 1486476593744.jpg (22KB, 267x395px) Image search: [Google]
1486476593744.jpg
22KB, 267x395px
Just won a DCC Films Armored Bats off evilBay for $20 shipped, go me.
>>
>>6235551
not bad. it isnt from china is it?
>>
>>6235557
Nope, Georgia.
>>
>>6234280
Don't count on it. The animated line is moving to multi-packs similar to the Icons line. Just wait for it to go on sale and then pick it up. 3 of the 5 figures are re-releases, that thing is going to shelf warm hard.
>>
>>6230977
dammit, I really wanted that deadshot. At least we are still getting deathstroke.
>>
MEZCO Green Arrow, where is a good option for getting him? I kinda like the design.
>>
>>6234495
I liked her, if you're already interested I'd recommend her. Articulation isn't top-notch but it's good enough, and I don't recall any paint issues. If you can find a good one I'd say go fer it.
>>
>>6234490
Yes it's terrifying, very unfortunately since otherwise the Bombshell figures look great.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYpS3H7l7ls
>>
>>6236442
Scale seems to be increased
>>
>>6236442
>>6236446
>realization stuff was probably canceled/delayed because they needed to fix the scale "issues"
>the scale was actually correct but western shitters were mad because it wasn't in some assfuck retard 1/11.5 scale
Western collectors are literally the worst.
>>
>>6236451
It's a domestic line, so it's only appropriate that it would scale with other domestic lines.

And the funny thing is, it still doesn't
>>
>>6236442
>Supes on the right looks like a bull-dyke.
>Supes on the left reminds me of John Travolta for some reason.

Jesus Christ....
>>
>>6236456
ML isn't even in scale with itself
>>
>>6236451
This is funny to me, too.

The line that actually aims for 1:12 scale gets shit on, not the one that is odd scale and isn't even scaled right within its own line so they can save on reusing bucks.
>>
File: satan church.png (153KB, 486x277px) Image search: [Google]
satan church.png
153KB, 486x277px
>>6236442
i hate this guy's voice.
Sounds like that faggot priest from Metalocalypse's satan church.
>>
>>6236446
Man, that headsculpt isn't even close to rebirth superman.
>>
File: ml caps.jpg (419KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ml caps.jpg
419KB, 1600x800px
>>6236456
Funny thing is that even MLs aren't in scale with each other, but that's mostly just a Hasbro thing with their cheap reuse of reuse of reused retools
>>
>>6236471
>>6236480
it got shit on for being noticeably smaller than not just the hundreds of MLs in existence, but with the entire DCUC and Multiverse lines too (which all kept the same relative scale)
ML has consistency issues with scaling, but you can put any of those caps into a group and it wouldn't look out of place. There is only half an inch range between them, so any of them except the tallest and shortest are practically the same. If you tried to put an icons in a group of DCUC, they don't just look half an inch shorter, their proportions are smaller too. You can overlook vertical scaling variance if you have a group of action poses and not lining them up against a backdrop like in the pic, but I can't display my icons batman next to my DCUC villains since he has the proportions of a teenager comparatively.
>>
>>6236504
DCUC/Multiverse are also mostly reused garbage. Icons are better toys in every possible way.
>>
>>6232356
SHF Justice League Superman
>>
>>6236507
That's not even the point. And the fact that Icons sculpted a new body for every character was redundant in many cases and probably part of the reason it seems to have not made much money
>>
>>6236513
for a unique sculpt on everybody, I don't know why they stuck with the shitty chest they gave all the males. It looks like it could have worked, but it had poor articulation for what it was trying to do
>>
File: Wolverine-XForce.jpg (177KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine-XForce.jpg
177KB, 1280x960px
>>6236504
That's some selective thinking you got there.

Most people don't give a shit that things are out of scale.
In what universe was Wolverine ever not a manlet that's almost as tall as Archangel?
>>
>>6236548
Fox universe probably
>>
File: thor-15.jpg (288KB, 1200x875px) Image search: [Google]
thor-15.jpg
288KB, 1200x875px
>>6236504
Remember when Thor was fifty bazillion feet tall?

I can go on and on, but almost all of the old Toy Biz figures are as out of scale with the Hasbro MLs as that Batman is and Toy Biz was actually making a really good effort in keeping their toys in scale.

Also, you ignore the fact that DCC has been making their toys based on the comics and that Batman is supposed to be Dick Grayson who is shorter than Batman.
>>
File: 1479499814648.jpg (94KB, 960x850px) Image search: [Google]
1479499814648.jpg
94KB, 960x850px
>>6236560
>>6236548
dc defense force coming in hot
I never said marvel legends didnt suffer from scale issues. They have a lot of issues with particularly large and short characters, like hulk thor and wolverine. It doesn't help that comics have even more inconsistencies, but thats besides the point.
Their main issue is proportions. Icons batman looks like a tiny headed teenager compared to DCUCs. You could line all those characters into an action diorama and the noticeable difference between them is minimal, especially with normal sized characters (not particularly short or tall characters). If you throw in some terrain and flight stands so theyre all at different heights, its almost unnoticeable. Their arms, heads, torsos, and legs are all in scale with each other, they just messed up the vertical scaling of the character height.
Also sick cherry pick. All the figures in the second pick has had at least 8 figures each, ranging from a variety of heights, designs, and engineering. You could pick out and purchase your choice of the figures that all scale. If you don't need the 10' thor, buy one of the 7' thors. Icons only scales with icons, and DCUC and MOST of ML scale together.
>>
>>6236456
>And the funny thing is, it still doesn't
That's Hasbro's fault for increasing the size of MLs over the years. You'd have to be pretty damn autistic to want every action figure line to fit with MLs despite constantly shifting in scale.
>>
>>6236548

So much jelly in one picture
>>
>>6236504
>but you can put any of those caps into a group and it wouldn't look out of place.
If you're fucking blind then yeah, sure. Nevermind the fact that Bucky Cap and Evans Cap there look smaller in scale while unmasked Rogers in the middle looks gargantuan right next to his masked self.

>If you tried to put an icons in a group of DCUC, they don't just look half an inch shorter, their proportions are smaller too.
Why would you even try to force the Icons figures into a DCUC collection at this point in time?

DCUC is already becoming outdated, from Mattel's shitty articulation scheme to the bland reuse of sculpts in the 4Horsemen's buffed style.
>>
>>6236592
>this amount of scalefagging across 3 different lines

It's hilarious how you'd have a pic saved up for moments like these, because it just ends up looking like your avatarfagging as a man-child.
>>
File: ultimatespideyfigures.jpg (31KB, 576x353px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatespideyfigures.jpg
31KB, 576x353px
>>6236592
And again, the ML line has the same inconsistencies with itself.
How is this a 13 year old boy?

>Also sick cherry pick.
The point is that most people don't notice these scale issues and will ignore them, because like you said, there will be 24398324098234098 more figures you can choose from. You think that batman will be the only oen as well?

Also, i know that another miles exist, but that one is also funny, since it's also a 17 year old Parker and he's the same height as Miles....

>>6236613
I'm not sure why anyone brings up the DCUC line at this point in time. It's so shit and archaic, even back when it came out, but at least today we have better alternatives
>>
>>6236592
>DCUC and MOST of ML scale together.

If DCUC was in scale with ML people wouldn't have been demanding a DC line in scale with ML. DCUC always skewed much taller.
>>
>>6236613
>but you can put any of those caps into a group and it wouldn't look out of place.
I was talking specifically action poses. I like to display my figures in a variety of poses, stances, and sometimes with flight stands. It is much harder to tell scale than if you line them up against a measured backdrop. Even if you take the tallest and shortest figures out of the group, there is practically no scale difference. That pictures doesn't even include like 8 other 6" captain americas.

>Why would you even try to force the Icons figures into a DCUC collection at this point in time?
its the closest thing DC has every had to a long lasting line with a bunch of variation like ML. They aren't great, but the have a bunch of figures that don't exist otherwise. I don't feel the urge the buy the justice league a bunch of times in different scales. Even a bunch of DC direct special figures have garbage articulation and sometimes shit paint apps.

>>6236645
the new miles morales is in a correct scale, why even care about the scale of other figures if it becomes a bother? Thats why icons got heat is because the only alternative for plenty of the characters they made is DCUC, or buying the same justice league that has tons of different figures. Hasbro provides a good variance of the same character, but also an insane amount of popular comic characters. Icons wanted to start fresh like tons of dc lines before it.

>I'm not sure why anyone brings up the DCUC line at this point in time. It's so shit and archaic, even back when it came out, but at least today we have better alternatives
yeah there are alternatives for the justice league and batman characters, but thats about it. If I want an ocean master? Hal Jordan in 8 different colors? Icons isnt going to make them, nor is multiverse
>>
File: azrael.jpg (1MB, 1241x1500px) Image search: [Google]
azrael.jpg
1MB, 1241x1500px
>>6236777
> I don't feel the urge the buy the justice league a bunch of times in different scales.
>buying the DCUC trash in the first place.
bad taste

>the new miles morales is in a correct scale
Except not really, since it's the same size as Ultimate Peter Parker. In the comics, he's always been slighter.
>Thats why icons got heat is because the only alternative for plenty of the characters they made is DCUC
Yeah, but that's DCUC and DCUC is trash. Batman may not have been in scale, but it wasn't supposed to be Bruce and you should wait for another Batman to be made, because you know there's going to be 234098234 089 more

You should be like me and pretend a toy doesn't exist if it isn't up to your standards.

It's like, sure, this is the only Azrael in 4" ever made, but it's shit. It might as well not exist because of how bad it is.
>>
File: review_mlgg_6.jpg (32KB, 400x603px) Image search: [Google]
review_mlgg_6.jpg
32KB, 400x603px
>>6236560
>Toy Biz was actually making a really good effort in keeping their toys in scale.
Yeah man, you show 'em.
Remember when Spider-Man was taller than the Green Goblin AND Hobgoblin was just absolutely massive?
>>
>>6236798
>Batman may not have been in scale, but it wasn't supposed to be Bruce and you should wait for another Batman to be made, because you know there's going to be 234098234 089 more
but I have 10 batmans already. I want more Power Girls and Dr Fates and Talons. All the figures are either trash or expensive.
Icons comes along and makes a bunch of the basic DC figures that every line starts out with, teases a couple obscures like deadman and deadshot, then cancels. It wasnt even in scale. When I buy deathstroke, it won't be in scale with all my batmans, except Icons, and neither will it be in scale with the rest of my villains.
>You should be like me and pretend a toy doesn't exist if it isn't up to your standards.
thats why I skipped on the Icons superman. DCUC azrael has a bunch of problems, but for $15, I can live with those problems. I really wanted an azrael, and sometimes its worth it for the price. Batman beyond on the other hand, is like $80 and not worth it for the DCUC trash body. Same with Dr Fate and Deathstroke
>>
>>6236812
I just ended up preordering the Mezco Deathstroke. He'll probably be in good scale and he looks great.
>>
>>6236806
You realize those are all from different lines, right?

>>6236812
How do you know Deadstroke won't be in scale?
We've already seen how they've increased the sizes on them.

And I really can't believe you're still talking about DCUC, but that would explain your reasoning.
>>
>>6236879
going from the same line Spidy still towers over GG.
>>
>>6236879
>jesus those sculpts, shit articulations

And how is 4H considered master sculptors again?
>>
>>6236881
Wasn't there only one SpiderMan in the TB ML line?
>>
>>6236879
I'm hoping deathstroke is in scale, but I'm willing to live without him being. Even that little bump with the 7pack is a small surprise
>>
>>6236882
Is 4H even involved with Mattel's new lines anymore?
>>
File: Robin is 10 years old.jpg (187KB, 895x1308px) Image search: [Google]
Robin is 10 years old.jpg
187KB, 895x1308px
>>6236882
There's a reason why the stuff 4H chooses to make for their own lines is 99% monsters

When they're at Mattel, they're producing Mattel quality goods.
>>
>>6236891
Funny, the head on that Batman isn't the right head for that figure.
>>
>>6236879
>You realize those are all from different lines, right?
Spider-Man was still way taller than he should be in any ToyBiz line, whether it be Legends or Classics, or movies. Doesn't matter if they're from different lines anyway, they should all be in the same scale considering they're all considered six inch scale.

Hasbro can be off with scale and ML certainly isn't true 1/12 anymore but to say ToyBiz didn't make those same mistakes is blind loyalty. Blind loyalty to a company that's been dead for years mind you.
>>6236883
There were two more if you count the Spider-Men in the Fearsome Foes and Sinister Six packs.
>>
>>6233710
>>6233713
>>6233715
Anon who's looking for WW figure here, it seems like none of the released figure satisfy the basic decent figure requirement that I needed. DC direct one comes close but it is expensive nowadays and that leg/hips articulation ain't so good.

What do you guys think about the upcoming Icons WW? If they managed to pull off the promo pics seem like it's gonna be the best one yet.
>>
>>6236934
You're just making shit up and going with whatever is at the top of your head.
>>
>>6236798
>Except not really, since it's the same size as Ultimate Peter Parker. In the comics, he's always been slighter.

Miles Morales has always been shorter than an older Ultimate Peter. It's not like they existed at the same age.

But according to the heights I just googled, Miles is 5'8" and is actually taller than Peter at 5'5".
>>
>>6236982
> It's not like they existed at the same age.
Still pretty weird to have them both at the same height.

As for that official thing, they're probably not taking into account that puberty is a thing and Ultimate SpiderMan takes place over... how many years?
>>
>>6237011
>As for that official thing, they're probably not taking into account that puberty is a thing and Ultimate SpiderMan takes place over... how many years?

Which is why it's not weird for them to be the same height. They can represent different points. I mean you just posted a picture of an adult Peter when the toy is clearly young Peter
>>
>>6237014
Either way, the scale is still off and Peter was never as slight as Miles.
But that's what happens when they just share a body, huh?
>>
>>6236942
somebody got an early one, and it doesn't look like the promo pic. I don't know why, but she has a fat face. I didnt save the pictures unfortunately
>>
>>6237022
>Peter was never as slight as Miles.

This would definitely come down to who's drawing a fictional comic book character
>>
>>6237079
Wasn't the thicker face based on actual in-comic art? I recall that being the case, not that the art was that nice to look at in the first place especially compared to the promo pics of the figure.
>>
File: DCC-DC-Icons-Wonder-Woman-1.jpg (252KB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DCC-DC-Icons-Wonder-Woman-1.jpg
252KB, 2400x3000px
>>6237094
>>6237079
The promo pic of that WW in 7 pack Rebirth seems like a lazy photoshop from the promo pic of the upcoming DC icons 52 WW.
>>
>>6237094
Regardless of accuracy, it looks like crap.
>>
>>6237099
Eyyyy what the fuck happened? That's not even the same head sculpt at all compared to the promo pic.

Are they gonna also ruin the single pack WW that comes up next month? We know the sculpt for the prettier face exists
>>
>>6237109
Pls no, keep that head. PLS
>>
>>6237098 is correct. The early pic was just a recolor of the single carded figure. This is what the figure in the 7-pack will look like.
>>
>>6237124
>"forgot my weapons....guess I'll just....punch...the bad guys"
>>
>>6237099
is she making sexy eyes?

is it time for snu snu?
>>
>>6237131
>>6237124
>>6237099
well geez guys, if that won't sell figures, I don't know what will
>>
>>6237124
Welp I guess I have to wait for another month for the best articulated Diana figure to come out.

Kind of a shame because I prefer the gold/red/blue compared to silver/red/blue scheme, but that face sculpt is a no no especially considering a way better one is coming up the month after. Let's hope the single carded WW comes out okay
>>
>>6236442
The Rebirth Icons somehow looks even worse than the original. Unbelievable.

I've been hunting for a decent Superman figure for quite a few years now, and honestly, the recent NECA 2-pack release with Ali is the best I've seen. The articulation, while far better than the Icons, isn't quite as good as DCUC, but it's worth the tradeoff for a far superior sculpt and paint job.

This and the old DC Direct are really the only Superman figures that pass muster. Everything else is either too ugly or unposeable (or in the case of Icons, both).
>>
>>6237194
>The articulation, while far better than the Icon

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>6237198
It's true that the Icons Superman has more points of articulation than the NECA, but none of it fucking works properly. All it does is break up the sculpt and make the figure look uglier.
>>
>>6237201

Necanon, go to bed.
>>
>>6237011
>Ultimate SpiderMan takes place over... how many years?
One. Peter was 16 when he died.
>>
>>6237206
There's no way that's possible, Ultimate Spiderman started in like 2001.
>>
>>6237203
Look I won't belabor the point, but hear me out. Go grab the Icons Superman off your shelf.

Try to tilt the head up and down. It can't. Hope you didn't want flight poses.
Try to use the thigh swivel. You can't, because it doesn't have one.
Try to use the chest crunch. It doesn't work and only serves to ruin the look of the figure.
Try to move the legs out ninety degrees. Nope, can't do that either.

I'm not saying the NECA is perfect. It's also missing thigh swivels for example. But the articulation it does have almost universally works better than the Icons. And that's not even getting into how much better the figure is aesthetically.

As a Superman fan, I find it incredibly galling that a throwaway 2-pack that reuses an old body sculpt is the best 1/12 Superman figure, that's where we are right now. At this point all I can do is wait for the Mezco and cross my fingers.
>>
>>6237209
>how much better the figure is aesthetically.
You had me until then.
I get that they were trying to emulate the inking from the comic, but I don't see how anybody can think that figure is anything but hideous.
>>
>>6236451
It's fucking hilarious and autistic how mad people get when their $20 toy doesn't scale or isn't 6 inches like their other $20 toys
>THIS IS 6.5 INCHES! THAT'S WAY TOO BIG EVEN THOUGH IT'S HALF AN INCH REEEEEEEE
>THIS IS 5.5 INCHES! WAY TOO SMALL!!!
>>6237194
He looks like he's cumming
>>
>>6237209
>1/12 Superman

NECA is not 1/12
>>
>>6237476
>THIS IS 6.5 INCHES! THAT'S WAY TOO BIG EVEN THOUGH IT'S HALF AN INCH REEEEEEEE
>>THIS IS 5.5 INCHES! WAY TOO SMALL!!!

That half inch is half a foot in scale tho
>>
>>6237124
The face need more work but the body is fine, only need weapons and cape
>>
>>6237124
Do she have a screw piercing your foot to prevent it from falling?
>>
>>6237207
It happened over 3-4 years. Parker was 17 when he first died, but then he got better.
>>
File: Wolverine_05.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine_05.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>6237476
Collectors who have been getting a consistant scale expect the scale to be constant.
Its called having standards.

However, scale creep happened with MLs and it's so gradual that ML collectors didn't notice. So when a new line came along that these collectors could add to their collection happened to be 1:12 scale, they just looked hypocritical and dumb for criticizing the line for not being compatible with their own collection when their own line was no longer in scale with itself.

I mean, no one expects them to be exactly in scale, but we do expect tall characters to be tall and short characters to be short, and their relative size in relation to others.
So the shift from short characters becoming taller than older tall characters is pretty bad.
>>
Odd shit man...

7 pack one on the left, original on the right.
>>
>>6238212
they don't look as barrel chested now. Nice
>>
Damm, I just got the Icons Flash today and then stumble upon this fug
>>
File: dcuc.jpg (65KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
dcuc.jpg
65KB, 500x753px
How is he?
>>
File: gnfdjosngkjo.png (1MB, 1132x705px) Image search: [Google]
gnfdjosngkjo.png
1MB, 1132x705px
how you want your scale senpai?
>>
>>6240448
Just fuck my scale up
>>
>>6240448
Holy shit man.
>>
>>6240448
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
wheres the icons autist now?
>>
>>6240448
JUST
U
S
T

I don't really get it. Are they caving in and decided to enlarge the scale? They had new mold & everything for superman, how would they still fuck it up? Do they just don't care, like how Marvel Select doesn't care?
>>
>>6240939
This Superman was already taller than the previous Superman, so this Wonder Woman must tower over the entire Icons line.
>>
>>6240448
Defending DC Icons gets more difficult every passing day.

I get that it's pretty much the only DC toy line with legs but for God's sake people have some standards.
>>
>>6240448
Truly an Amazon after our hearts.
>>
Besides outfit differences, what are the pros/cons between the Mafex and Figuarts Leto Joker? I've been planning to buy a Leto Joker to pair with the Mezco Batman I ordered and I'm just curious what people think.
>>
>>6241259
Mafex has flashier outfit, more accessories, and better faces. Figuarts has more articulation
>>
>>
>>6241932
>Superman is the shortest
Holy shit dude
>>
>>6241258
>>6241932
>>6241933
>6241933
Maybe it's for the best that DC is killing this line.
>>
>>6241932
new batmans arms look shorter than old batmans
>>
>>6241933
>>6241954
Wonderwoman is too tall for sure, but for everything else you guys are taking your scale autism out of hand. People have been complaining about the small scale of DC Icons, and at least they're moving to rectify that rather than doubling down further.
>>
>>6242089
the real problem is I doubt the box will sell well because of the price, the lack of accessories, the already poor sales of the line, and how ugly WW and Superman are, but not because of the scale. I'm afraid theyre going to come up with some scapegoat about the figures rather than the fact that they mishandled the line, and not release another cheap, quality line of comic characters for several years.
>>
>>6241933
Kinda wish they just sold these separately since I only care for Batman and Aquaman.
>>
File: IMG_2903.jpg (109KB, 638x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2903.jpg
109KB, 638x564px
Picked up Bombshell Harley and I think she's my most favorite Harley figure right now.

Admittedly, she has really great Icons-tier articulation if not more with the addition of cut thighs. That said, she's in the standard 6.5" or 7" scale that DCC is more accustomed to like the TV/Movie figures, other Designer series or the Arkham stuff (which I'm okay with). So if you were expecting to put her alongside Icons figures you're out of luck.

>>6234399
Saw this in my LCS and I was surprised to find that she looked better in person. Really I think the main thing throwing it off is how the original artwork had her in a side glance whereas the figure just has her staring dead center and it gives off that creepy soulless look.
>>
>>6242340
Yeah, I like this Batman but not enough to buy a boxset for. Maybe if he's easily available loose for a decent price I'll get him.
>>
File: Supe Eyes.jpg (45KB, 640x568px) Image search: [Google]
Supe Eyes.jpg
45KB, 640x568px
Mezco Supes heat vision head glows in the dark
>>
>>6242638
where did you find her? amazon has her release date in MAY.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuzbmBpnmyw&t=610s

Seriously though, what's the issue with this figure? Worst I can see is the skintone is too pale.
>>
>>6242638
Where are you from anon? I've seen these in my local Forbidden Planet and wondered if us Brits got something early for once.
>>
>>6243671
It's not the sculpt or the pallor of his skin--it's the eye paint apps: the pupil on his right one is too low; just imagine if the right one was painted higher like the left one, then it would be perfect, seriously.
>>
>>6242089
The scale is the least of those figures problems: the sculpt looks like babby's first sculpt.
>>
>>6243671
>>6244428
Also there's a huge gap between the eyebrows.
>>
>>6243652
>>6244323
I'm from Australia
>>
New thread
>>6245867
>>6245867
>>6245867
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.