[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persona Figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1436-6553-thickbox.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1436-6553-thickbox.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
Sup, /toy/
So I recently got into the persona series for the first time starting with P3FES, and I wanted to cop a Thanatos figure. It's D-arts, and I don't really have a whole lot of experience with the line. I have an Omnimon D-arts I got as a gift a few years back, and he's pretty solid aside from his loose toes.

Are there any other companies that tackled the Persona series, more specifically the actual Persona themselves? If not, how reliable is the D-arts line?
>>
>>6217238
If you want actual persona then D-Arts is pretty much your only option. There is some expensive garage kits (this Thanatos is based on that garage kit) as well. As for Thanatos he is a solid release, no major flaws or issues. Some of the Persona D-Arts aren't quite as nice either in being fiddly or in having breakage/QC issues. Namely Izanagi's head ribbon things are a bit fragile so be careful with them. Jiraiya's head is paint fused stuck, if you try to move it you will tear up his paint. The other Izanagi variants are pretty solid. Konohona or whatever is fiddly because her design but otherwise solid.

As for the humans...figma has some stuff available but it's by no means complete. The older releases are Aegis, Aegis Heavy Ver and Metis. Yukiko and Chie came after that. Then you have the Persona Arena Aegis and Labrys which both have paint variants available too. Finally you have the P4 MC which is already out and the only one currently still on pre-order is P3 MC.
>>
>>6217273
Thanks man, this was exactly what I wanted to know. Two more things though. How do the darts scale with figma and other lines, and what would you say is a fair amount to spend on Thanatos? I think I read that he sold at retail for around $45, and I can snag one off Mandy for about 6k. Is that reasonable, or should I try to find a cheaper one some where else?
>>
>>6217283
You can check out MyFigureCollection and find a bunch of user pictures showing the scale between D-Arts and figma, they generally work well together.

I would say 6k is pretty damn fair for Thanatos. He was going for a lot more at one point and at most sites he is definitely more than that. Looks like most the completed eBay ones that sold were in the $60-70 shipped range.
>>
>>6217298
Thanks, you're a huge help. Gonna cop the Thanatos and pre order P3 MC today
>>
>>6217238
I hope you know that D Arts Thanatos can't be played with that much because of the coffins taking up so much space and the feet of course
He's a nice display piece though
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.