[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1990s TMNT Bag Hunt.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 14-08-06-tmntbanner.jpg (78KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
14-08-06-tmntbanner.jpg
78KB, 700x394px
Need help bros. For years I've been looking for a TNMT bag from my childhood.

>lived in Ireland
>has been around from 1990 to 1991
>green over all colour
>resembles a messenger bag with a strap
>Image on the top flap of the bag was Turtles on one side and Shredder with a deep purple cape on the other
>The top part might be set to a deep blue kinda background

I looked everywhere on E-bay and Amazon. They didn't have it and I ran out of ideas so came here. I'm assuming the bag must be rare. I'll post tmnt bag similar. Who ever finds it will have closed a two decade long search.
>>
File: image-bagtmntdiaper-1-watermark.jpg (78KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image-bagtmntdiaper-1-watermark.jpg
78KB, 800x800px
>>6217037
This would have been the most similar. The only graphic being on the flap minus the two holders.
>>
File: IMG_0919.jpg (229KB, 1600x1132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0919.jpg
229KB, 1600x1132px
>>6217037
>>
>>6218714
>Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles
Obviously a bootleg.
>>
>>6218716
That's what they were called in the UK and Ireland because "ninja" was considered to have violent connotations
>>
>>6218714
thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!
>>
>>6218714
How did you find it???
>>
>>6218714
Do you know if there is anyplace i can still buy it? You pretty much put to rest my decade long search!.
>>
>>6218720
http://squer-tmnt.blogspot.ca/2012/01/1990-tmht-shoulder-bag.html
>>
>>6218734
>http://squer-tmnt.blogspot.ca/2012/01/1990-tmht-shoulder-bag.html
thanks!
>>
>>6218716
>Obviously a bootleg

Obviously a moron.
>>
>>6218727
Might wanna try this obscure little site called "eBay".
>>
>>6218900
I did. No results.
>>
>>6218727
>>6218918

i'd think the following information is obvious and you wouldn't need to ask, but:

obviously with this being C 1990, and that it is an item from your childhood, no, there is not going to be anyplace you can buy it in a retail store.

your only option is going to be resell and specialty options, and since it's a more obscure item (instead of a common action figure for example), you're going to have to keep checking back until one day it appears.

if you're looking for the "hero turtles" version itll be even harder, because now youre dealing with an even smaller branch of tmnt's past merch. There might not even be a regular TMNT version of this item for all we know.

your best bets:
-ebay (both us and uk)
-the technodrome forums buy/sell subforum (google it)
-tmnt facebook fanpages
-mighty fine stuff dot com
>>
>>6218727
What happened to yours? Probably got ripped, stained, worn out and discarded. Most would have gone the same way.

>>6219343
I'd add charity shops, second hand stores and car boot sales.
>>
>>6219640
mine eventually fell apart.
>>6219343
thanks.
>>
>>6219640

the list of places i recommended are places where a large amount of vintage tmnt merch shows up regularly. generally adding various brick and mortar shops is arbitrary.

Yes, you can visit every used-reselling outlet imaginable to the list, but none are going to produce many results as they're for general merch.

the list I gave are places vintage tmnt is regularly listed and sold.

@OP: I'd *really* take the time to post in the technodrome forum and scan through mightyfinestuff, those are going to be your two best chances imo.

granted mightyfine i think mostly deals with toys, not necessarily things like this
>>
>>6218714
>Mike still doesn't have his nunchucks
>mfw there are no appropriate reaction images on this computer
I only laugh when it hurts
>>
>>6225506
>still

you say that like this wasnt created during the ban
>>
>>6218714

Shredder's chest was obviously meant to be colored purple with the rest of his costume. But it's funnier this way because it makes him look like he's getting a lot of chub around the mid-section.
>>
>>6217037
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-TMNT-satchel-school-bag-1990-Vintage-/152379780410?hash=item237a8aed3a%3Ag%3AW9gAAOSwNRdX5gWJ&nma=true&si=rm1dsOTTURZEk7yBJdkB5Jx2a%252BQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

one sold last january

you might actually have a decent chance of getting this

just browse "tmnt bag 1990 vintage", and other variations regularly
>>
File: 5604976115_9d90594420_b.jpg (460KB, 975x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5604976115_9d90594420_b.jpg
460KB, 975x1024px
>>6227345
Honestly anon, it probably wasn't. Shredder is very clearly based on the toy in this artwork, and the original Shredder toy was completely shirtless.
>>
>>6228818
thank you for giving me hope.
>>
>>6228891

(All personal opinion below, never did research to verify any of this)

the original shredder figures design was taken from a specific scene in the comic #1 issue, his entire pose was referenced from it (which explains why such a shitty pose was even used)

I've always assumed the shirtless body was a mistake on playmates end that was too late to fix by the time it was caught, so they ran with it. It's literally the first, and only, time shredders portrayed shirtless

After that, the issue began to repeat itself as non-playmates companies obtained license to use the characters for various things. Guys not overly familiar with the brand get told to make this products image-

Guy A uses cartoon based references for the drawing (hence the art comes out looking like cartoon style but not a perfect match and comes out looking unique)

Guy B uses toys for coloring formats

Then suddenly suddenly shredder has flabby abs

this also helps to explain why the toys waist (pantsline) is so weirdly shaped, if you imagine its supposed to be a shirt then it looks like its "tucked in"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.