[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Incase you didn't know...Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 70

File: w.jpg (321KB, 1494x1350px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
321KB, 1494x1350px
The plan right now seems to be few more Marvel -> DC -> Japanese IP

This is gonna take some time.

>MARCH
Ted(Ted 2)

>APRIL
Venom

>MAY
Deadpool

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh

>TBA
Spider-Gwen
Wolverine
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman) 2 variants
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

Previous >>6195851
>>
File: 1487568907935.jpg (298KB, 771x866px) Image search: [Google]
1487568907935.jpg
298KB, 771x866px
And Zootopia was the other not so secret secret one.
>>
>>6207114
So I'm guessing theres no chance of the Zootopia figures coming out before August then?
>>
File: 1486697653362.png (224KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486697653362.png
224KB, 720x400px
You have a painted prototype of a shitty flavor of the month fan fiction character like Spider-Gwen, but no updates on Beat? Fuuuuuuuuuck you
>>
File: SigmaCloud1469332736 (1).jpg (138KB, 913x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SigmaCloud1469332736 (1).jpg
138KB, 913x1200px
>>6207130
I feel they are sitting on him or just waiting to pull a final announcement. I don't blame them wanting to debut Spider Gwen
>>
File: IMG_5976.jpg (2MB, 2712x3871px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5976.jpg
2MB, 2712x3871px
Been having way too much fun with Spider-Man. Can't wait for more
>>
>>6207142
All I want is Beat at this point.
When's the next Wonfest?
>>
>>6207183
Summer and I think August is the month.

Well hopefully they announce his preorder a little sooner.
>>
>>6207184
Aye, ideally soon but if not and there isn't anything during the summer one then I'm going to stop holding out hope for him.
>>
I was wondering what other marvel characters would complement revoltech crazy poses? spiderman, wolverine, venom and deadpool make sense..but whos left? I think a good answer would be nightcrawler
>>
File: 1469500224675.jpg (418KB, 1405x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469500224675.jpg
418KB, 1405x1080px
>>6207231
Personally I want a Ghost Rider, either Johnny or Robbie Reyes from his run in New Ghost Rider. Though I'm not sure which design I want to see but after seeing the artwork done by the guy who did Luther Strode I figured he would be a solid fit for a Revo.

Though deep down a Luther Strode Revo in his masked outfit is absolutely ideal.
>>
>>6207231
Honestly i'm gonna throw it out there; Man-Thing.
>>
>>6207151
He comes with his own stand...
>>
File: 1401214-mysterio.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1401214-mysterio.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>>6207231
This might sound crazy but I feel Mysterio would benefit.
Of course he has no need for crazy hunched over poses but there are still a plethora of over the top poses you could probably pull with one.

Throw in some awesome effects parts and you have a winner.
>>
>>6207231
I'd love to see him do a Hulk, just to see how he tackles it and brings his style to it.
>>
File: 20170224_074812.png (2MB, 1440x1295px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_074812.png
2MB, 1440x1295px
Found this on instagram
>>
>>6207231
I think their thinking is not really making characters suited for crazy articulation, but picking those who are not being made by the other toy companies. Spider-Man was the exception but the Amazing figures were some time ago and had enough time before others went for the new one.

So characters not covered by the MCU are more likely to be picked, and X-Men is a good place to get more, and I think they want to keep some connection between the overall character lineup. Also I think they will do more villains because everyone else rarely makes them.

I'm more curious if they will continue making female characters.
>>
>>6207260
I was wondering if she will have a no-hood, back hair piece, but nope.
>>
>>6207231
Why is no one mentioning Daredevil? I don't mean Netflix DD. I mean DAREDEVIL.
>>
>>6207260
Am I wrong or did they paint the neck on her
>>
>>6207231
I want classic Nightcrawler and classic Colossus... and as unlikely as it'd be, brown and tan Wolverine to go with those 2.

Not likely though. Hulk is a no brainer with Yamaguchi's style but I don't know how big they'd want to go with revo. That being said, I'd actually be happiest if they re-made Jin-Roh/Kerberos Gear to be around the size of current revo of Venom Snake and Raiden since the old one is excellent but a bit small.
>>
>>6207324
oh and... a fucking Gray Fox at proper size please. I only bought that fucking mini revo in case they never ever do another one.
>>
>>6207324
>in case they never ever do another one.
I think that's the case, I doubt Kaiyodo will continue business with Konami the same way because I got the sense they were friends with Kojima and Shinkawa and they rather stay close to the creators, being a company of sculptors and all.

>>6207324
I want She-Hulk instead, whatever her current look might be since that looks to be the style the line will go for.
>>
>>6207260

>spider-dig
What
>>
>>6207231
Black Panther

>>6207261
>picking those who are not being made by the other toy companies
>Deadpool, Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine
ok guy
>>
>>6207373
Spider-Pig but Japs can't into English
>>
>>6207260
Not into Spider-Gwen (or Marvel in general) but that looks ace.
>>
>>6207126

Motherfucker we're still waiting on Monster Hunter and JSR figures announced like 2 years ago.

Your furfaggotry can go fuck itself right into an incinerator.
>>
>>6207342

Konami doesn't give a shit anymore. They want to make fucking pachinko machines.
>>
>Revoltech
aren't they still dead yet?
>>
>>6207427
And anything that could be a strong micro transaction machine for them. As evidenced by the next 'Metal Gear' game being 'lawl MGS universe dudes now trapped in random zombie apocalypse universe'
>>
>>6207492

It'll die the same time figma does.
>>
>>6207260
Does she talk in Comic Sans in the source material?
>>
>>6207601
Well she is in a comic book so..
>>
>>6207623
Comic books don't use comic sans
>>
>>6207231
be interesting to see how they would approach Iron man since the only Iron man we ever see Japanese companies do is the film version
>>
>>6207492

This. A few years ago, if you told me Revoltech would be still be able to compete with the likes of shf and figma, I'd call you a troll

Ever since the MGS ones, they've been steadily solid, with a plethora of diverse IPs
>>
>>6207680
3 cheers for revoltech.
>>
>>6207680
the day revoltech start doing some showa Kamen Riders is the day I rejoice. the likelihood of this happening is as slim as Bandai actually releasing all those EVA angel prototypes but one can dream.

also let's not kid ourselves, revoltech really was always going to stay alive from just the sheer force of eva figures. Just look at how few of them are in the bargain bins despite having so many versions of each eva. Lots of ppl who hate on revo also doesn't realize just how diverse the line actually is... i dont give a shit about danboard but holy hell, revoltech has been making far better use of working with Takeya than Bandai has for a long while.

Kaiyodo actually managed to sell Buddhist gods Takeya toy line better than Bandai managed to with Takeya doing some classic niche cult hits through the awesome but short-lived Manga Realization line. Hell even figma has tapped him to do God Warrior and now the old Devilman statue as a figma... I think Takeya has only done 1 shf directly himself. Others are basically his designs for the monsters suit like Shin, ZO, Doras and Heart Roidmude, but not supervised by him.

BTW GUYS, COME ON, REVOLTECH KNIGHT ARMORS BY TAKEYA, HOW EXCITING IS THAT
>>
>>6207142
Between this and the Virtua Fighter Figmas, I want to start a collection of low-poly looking sculpts. It's so great and I hope this continues.
>>
>>6207680
Hell yeah. I was really burnt out and tired of Revoltechs like five years ago, and it seemed like everyone else was making better stuff so I dropped the line. I would never have believed they'd make such a strong comeback, they're now solidly in my must-buys consistently.

>>6207699
Not to mention Takeya just sculpted a figure for 1000Toys (and it looks phenomenal, pic related). The guy is everywhere and has his hands in everything nowadays, and I could not possibly be happier.
>>
>>6207699
>the day revoltech start doing some showa Kamen Riders is the day I rejoice.
Not to destroy what little hope you have, but Bandai will never let that happen because it would directly compete with SHFs in the same scale. Since Bandai also makes showa riders in 1:18 (shodo) and 1/10 (SIC) there's no chance of something else with Kaiyodo happening either. Rider just makes too much money for Bandai to justify licensing them out to some other company.
>>
>>6207654
>>6207623
>>6207601
Don't quote me on this, a lot of ancient trivia from friends way back in high school.

Comic book companies often had their own lettering. Comic Sans was based off several different comic letterings to make a very generic comicy font. Very few comics actually use Comic Sans, they exist, but I do not beleive many if any are big name comics like something from Marvel.

>>6207699
Eva was definitely a huge factor for Revoltech's survival no doubts about that. But it did seem like Revoltech was truly struggling a couple years ago before the partnership with Vulcanlog. I have a hunch a big reason for that struggling was due to the fact they didn't have anything new Eva wise for some years. Shocked they didn't try sucking Anno's cock or whoever they needed to, to try and put out updated versions of the original TV Evas to get a steady flow
>>
>>6207377
What's wrong? I mean Japanese of course, goes without saying.
>>
>>6207947
>Before Revoltech's partnership with Vulcanlog
I don't think you know what either of those are by the sound of things.

Vulcanlog is a subsidiary Kaiyodo created. There was no partnership. And revoltech is a product not a company.
>>
>>6208080
>revoltech is a product
So is VulcanLog

>Vulcanlog is a subsidiary Kaiyodo created.
No. Union Creative and Kaiyodo are partners. UC is the distributor for Kaiyodo, Sentinel, etc while making their own figures, such as VulcanLogs, some scukpted by those other companies.

>>6207947
I think the struggle was purely due to prices going over 4000, 5000 per Revo. Kaiyodo makes way more money off of capsule toys and the CEO is not a big fan of action figures. He tried to do a bunch more non-action figure figures and turn Revoltechs into Revol-Minis because they had the reputation of being cheaper figures they needed to maintain.

Eventually with figma or SAS going for the high price and being accepted as such, and Minis getting overpriced fast they made the switch back with a slower release schedule.

VulcanLog is the brand that's struggling UC is more focused on statues. And Soft Vinyl Toy Box is also by UC.
>>
>>6208080
>>6208095
union creative is what I meant.
>>
File: pokemans_079.gif (8KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemans_079.gif
8KB, 600x600px
>>6207142
Looks great, but how many years too late is this?
>>
File: 1413935406016.jpg (190KB, 667x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1413935406016.jpg
190KB, 667x1023px
>>6207231
Honestly there's a lot of characters I want from things that aren't Marvel, but as long as they're going at it I'd like a Punisher to go alongside Venom Snake.
>>
File: baldvr1469723843.jpg (278KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
baldvr1469723843.jpg
278KB, 600x800px
>>6208164
Not unless there's some event related to him and Arthur that I miss but it can just be Revoltech doing more video games like GSC is with those Portal figmas.
>>
>>6208095

What the heck is Freeing then? Another "brand?"
>>
>>6207423
shhh, shhhh relaxxxx anon, relaxxxxxx...
>>
>>6207751
Considering how pixel stuff came back into fashion, I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a trend of low poly Saturn/N64/Playstation. I know we have the odd one or two here and there but not much beyond that.

I guess when the nostalgia train finally gets into the 90s and leaves the 80s kids behind instead of being stuck in a weird middle ground, then we get low poly becoming trending again.
>>
>>6207126
why you say so? how much time we usually wait to see prototypes completed and ready to be sold?
>>
>>6208216
Another company that works with GSC for figmas like Max Factory or PHAT.
>>
Anyone else feeling... sad now that WonFes is over and there's no surprises left? I mean, I love that they showed Wolverine and Gwen (and the Zootopians) but I want more. Now it's the waiting game again.

On a similar note - did Yamaguchi ever put out any videos of him sculpting? I'd really like to see that. Would be cool if he had his own youtube channel with the backing of Kaiyodo, so we could really get a look behind the scenes.
>>
>>6208507
That's how it usually is so nothing special. WF just varies on people who are expecting different things.
>>
>>6208507
Eh...It honestly was kinda underwhelming to me, honestly. At least compared to last years. The only thing that caught my eye is the Gwen, Wolverine, Zootopia figs like you mentioned, and a Bloodborne Figma.
>>
>>6208594
sounds like japanese figures arent really for you
>>
>>6208599
Or maybe It's because by and large it was boring flavour of the month shit?
>>
>>6208613

Thats literally figma.
>>
>>6208613
first wonfes, eh?
>>
>>6208613
Next you're gonna bitch about why Bebop doesn't get anything
>>
>>6208613
Did FOTM change its meaning or do you actually mean you weren't interested in anything?
There was hardly any actual FOTM articulated shit there besides ReZero figma and the obvious idorus figma that will never stop. It was more /v/ related than anything this Wonfes unless you consider stuff like SMT, Pokemon, Kirby, Dark Souls, Megaman, etc. FOTMs
>>
>>6208749
Anything even remotely recent that someone doesn't care for is FOTM.
>>
>>6208507
>did Yamaguchi ever put out any videos of him sculpting?
We learned of Ultron for the first time from a TV show covering Kaiyodo. There we saw Yamaguchi's methods where he drill holes, place joints, then filled them back up, over and over at different angles until he gets the right one where the revo can take the poses he wants.

But nothing on a regular basis. Besides I feel like such things will take away from him finishing up the sculpts. And there has to be months of delay before he can show that since what he's currently working on cannot be revealed.
>>
File: 20170220012638.jpg (439KB, 835x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170220012638.jpg
439KB, 835x1024px
Some pictures of Venom up on

http://revoltechrox.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/02/20/143423
>>
>>6208613
>flavor of the month
figma Mara and Pixie, long time staples in a long time franchise that has only gained popularity over time.

figma Takeya Devilman, another iconic series and character that has been around for decades sculpted by a guy who is well respected even outside toys

figma Dark Souls Black Knight, successful franchise with 3 sequels that has sold more copies each time.

figma Bubblegum Crisis, nostalgic and classic series

figma Fate stuff, once again a successful franchise that has repeatedly shown it's value

Nendo ice Kirby and mecha kirby, another long running franchise and whose first Nendo was one of the best nendo ever.

figma Space Channel 5 Ulala, literally from a decade old console

figma MP3 Samus, do I really need to say this again? Established popular franchise with many sequels.

figma KOF, blah blah blah established franchise

I could keep going but you've been thoroughly blown the fuck out at this point.
>>
File: venthighs.jpg (321KB, 1024x704px) Image search: [Google]
venthighs.jpg
321KB, 1024x704px
>>6208807
Guys, this looks like there is lateral movement. Or am I seeing things? I feel like it could easily have been moved forward then twisted hip the thigh joint, but worth a go.

Google was not too helpful here,
"Split of the hip joint. This time it is a two-axis mono shaft drive that reminds me of the former ribbon.

However, there is no so-called rolling movable division, the crotch part which is inverse triangle, the part of the thigh is also unlimitedly split close to the vertical direction"
>>
>>6208862
I honestly thinking it'll be a ball joint at the crotch like it has been for the latest few revoltechs, like Venom Snake, Deadpool.
>>
>>6208807
I wish the fingers were balljointed like the thumb. This takes the turtles to another level of fun for me. Oh well the hinges are better than static.
Can't fucking wait for this figure to drop
>>
>>6208862
>>6208872
I keep saying this over and over for multiple threads.

THE HIPS JOINTS ARE NOT BALL JOINTED, THEY ARE 4 SWIVEL JOINTS IN SEQUENCE.

Like older Revos. I don't care what you see it has been told so by Yamaguchi, by Revoltecher who handle the sample. I don't know how else to tell you this.

Monoshaft drive was a fancy name for the cut joints system Yamaguchi action figures used to have before the Revoltechs era.
>>
File: C5fhdBcVUAE2ypK.jpg (35KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
C5fhdBcVUAE2ypK.jpg
35KB, 800x800px
Some official pics.
>>
File: C5fhdBbUYAAZK4e.jpg (40KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
C5fhdBbUYAAZK4e.jpg
40KB, 700x700px
Preorder should start sometime soon, looks like June release which is sooner than expected. Might see more than 4 of these per year now woo-hoo.

Shoulder joints are the same one used in most Mini's hips. The pill shaped one, with a ball joint end.
>>
>>6209100
>>6209096
>ugly shitty ball joints sitting outside the shoulders like elephantman tumors
ugh.
>>
>>6209117
>ugh.

Get out.
>>
File: IMG_5972.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5972.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6209091
You are wrong. Spider-Man has ball jointed hips
>>
>>6208507
Not really as I wasn't too taken by what was announced thankfully.
Just hoping for some release dates for already shown stuff.
>>
>>6209150
I'm clearly talking about Venom.
>>
>>6209117
Ugh. Just ugh. I can't even. So gross and icky.
>>
>>6208793
Can you link me to this?

Why would it take away? He could just have a camera installed facimg down on his workplace with someone else managing the content and maybe commenting on things.
>>
>>6207795
I know, I know it will never happen.

>>6207776
I know anon! For me wonfes is super cool this year alone just for those fucking Takeya knight revoltechs. I'll also be grabbing that figma Takeya Devilman, it'll probably be my only figma purchase for a long while though... unless the Dark Souls black knight is also coming out this same year.

I want Enzi badly but he sold out in a matter of minutes... I'll just have to wait for rape prices or a reissue someday... I'm just waiting for revoltech to announce more Japanese ips soon. I really need way way way way way more new Takeya revoltech announcements.
>>
>>6207126
>>6207114

it's Disney, maybe it will come sooner than we think.
>>
>>6209395
On the Riders, it's much more frustrating because Kaiyodo has been making(and still producing) soft vinyl kits of many Tokusatsu heroes like Kamen Riders, Space Sheriffs, giant lightning mothman, even Ultraman as giant vinyls.

There was a Mirrorman Revoltech on display before, no plans for release most likely, but it didn't look so hot anyways.

A cool middle ground would be to do Ishinomori manga style Revoltechs since that's pretty much untouched and the revo or mini joints would work well with the style.
>>
>>6209384
No I can't remember the exact show and those illegal uploads of tv programs tends to disappear the older they are.

They cancelled their own live stream show which didn't even featured any of the main sculptors so I doubt they will do so now.

Kaiyodo does get featured on TV time to time so we should get more chances in the future, although it's mostly the CEO's bragging.
>>
>>6209466
good lord, manga style Kamen Rider Black revoltech and Kikaider and Henshin Ninja Arashi would be a dream come true, dear lord please, PLEASE
>>
>>6207408
I just like her design a lot personally. I'm tempted but I think it depends on how big she is.
>>
>>6209764
She looks slightly shorter than spidey.
>>
>>6209764
>>6209812
Let me just say how nice it is that these scale well with legends. I'm happy with figuarts' marvel offerings, but the majority of my collection is always gonna be legends for character selection alone so it's cool that spider-man and deadpool can mingle with them.
>>
File: X-Men_Marrow.jpg (72KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_Marrow.jpg
72KB, 250x379px
>>6207231
This style of Marrow
>>
File: 3853394-7259376860-18902.jpg (792KB, 837x936px) Image search: [Google]
3853394-7259376860-18902.jpg
792KB, 837x936px
>>6207231
Joe Madureira's Beast instead of a Hulk
>>
File: mvs_cyclops.gif (7KB, 184x221px) Image search: [Google]
mvs_cyclops.gif
7KB, 184x221px
>>6207231
Capcoms Cyclops, bulky not slim like ML. With some nice big optic blasts effects.
>>
>>6207231
Psylocke
Hulk/She-Hulk
Jim Lee Gambit (for the sweet Royal Flush starting pose) and Rogue
>>
>>6210383
>Joe Madureira
My nigga
>>
Just got deadpool. He's cool and all, but nowhere near as good as Spider-Man. Among a few of my gripes, first and foremost I can't believe how undersized DP's head is..
>>
>>6210581
My only major gripe with Deadpool is his lack of weapons. All he has is his swords and a pair of handguns, which I feel is the bare minimum for a Deadpool figure.
>>
>>6210581
Yeah, it seemed bad before but it looks way worse when you compare him to spider-man. Which is sort of odd, because the actual heads are very close to the same size, it's the bulk of the body making things look worse. His neck is definitely longer, though,
>>
>>6210585
Bare minimum?
That's like his max 99% of the time.
>>
File: Spiderdoppelganger.png (21KB, 229x366px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderdoppelganger.png
21KB, 229x366px
>>6207231
I need revoltech Spider-Doppleganger, i need it so much.
>>
>>6209091
>THEY ARE 4 SWIVEL JOINTS IN SEQUENCE

Jesus is this a weapon to surpass metal gear. I might need to watch review before purchasing the Venom. It is so frustrating to have stylized figure that sacrifice sculpt for articulation have failed articulation in crucial spot
>>
>>6209466
I would so buy anime-stylized Kikaider figures
>>
>>6211164

Buy Revo spidey.

Paint angry face on mask

Drill holes in his back

Put in more revo arms.
>>
>>6207111
>The plan right now seems to be few more Marvel -> DC -> Japanese IP

Can't care less about DC, so I personally hope they won't sell and they just keep making marvel.
>>
>>6211775

I'd like to see a Revo Superman, if only because we might, just for once, get a Superman figure whose face doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>6209096
Wow, this actually looks good. The shoulders are still weird looking but look improved over Deadpool and Spidey.

Rogue when?
>>
>>6211821
>Face that doesn't look like shit
>Yamaguchi

I have some bad news anon.
>>
>>6211821
The new NECA superman vs alien figure's face looks great
>>
>>6211775
I like DC, but most of the DC heroes I'd want figures of have capes, and I really don't care for Revoltech's with articulated capes and other flowing fabric. I just don't think it looks very good.
>>
>>6211851
They can have someone else just do the face.
>>
>>6212003
That seems very unlikely but sure.

Knoe who needs a Revo?
>>
>>6211851
he got someone else to do the gwen face, he could do the same...
>>
>>6212017
Really?
Looks kind of potatoish so I wouldn't have guessed.
>>
>>6212014
>Knoe who needs a Revo?

Not that guy, thats for sure. Plenty of other heroes rate well above that certified C lister.
>>
>>6212014
>That seems very unlikely
It just happened with Gwen.

I rather have Captain Marvel.
>>
>>6207776
>Not to mention Takeya just sculpted a figure for 1000Toys (and it looks phenomenal, pic related).
What is that in your pic? I'm sorry I'm new to toy collecting but I fucking need that.
>>
>>6212033
Me too, I was surprised. It looks so similar to how Yamaguchi face sculpts women in the past. I'm thinking the other guy only cleaned up what Yamaguchi had already done, since jaw line or eyes are not so different from Yamaguchi's works and yet not resembling any comic book art (that I'm aware of) of Gwen.

I know I sound like I'm defending myself but you would think it should look drastically different if someone else made it. Apparently it's the same guy who did Touken Ranbu busts.
>>
>>6212059
Captain Marvel seems more likely since shes appearing in MVC infinite.
>>
>>6212090

They're still trying to push her? You'd think her comic sales being bottom of the barrel every month would've ended that shit.
>>
>>6212115
Not when they have sell a movie with her in it next year.
>>
>>6212115
That doesn't matter for the big movies.

Ike out they wanted a female hero with super powers that was "main stream" enough for solo film so they went with her with the IPs they had left.
>>
>>6212115
>They're still trying to push her? You'd think her comic sales being bottom of the barrel every month would've ended that shit.
Long as it's not bull dyke Captain Marvel I wouldn't mind. They just kept making her more and more masculine. First they started cutting her hair, then they changed her suit, then they flattened her chest. Then they cut her hair AGAIN to the point where it looks like a boy hair cut. Then they flattened her chest AGAIN to the point where she doesn't even have breasts anymore in some of the art.

Probably doesn't help they got some fag (not homophobic, just using 4chan lingo) to do her comic recently. It's clear by the way he draws women that he has ZERO interest in women and is trying to make them as manly as possible.

If we got THIS Captain Marvel I would be happy. Especially if we got an alt SSJ head. Yamaguchi doesn't strike me as the type to do a movie rendition. He will do whatever his comic guy tells him to do and so far that guy has good taste in designs.
>>
>>6212169
Short hair Marvel is cuter desu
If you think otherwise you're an insecure cocklicker
>>
File: 1461962413486.png (267KB, 493x739px) Image search: [Google]
1461962413486.png
267KB, 493x739px
>>6212186
>he thinks this is a cute girl
You fap to shemale porn?
>>
File: 1380304660037.jpg (632KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1380304660037.jpg
632KB, 1920x1080px
>>6212014
you're fucking right I knoe
>>
File: Nova_6.jpg (22KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nova_6.jpg
22KB, 210x300px
>>6212039
Most popular heroes suck though.
I would love a Yamaguchi Thor though.

Do you like this one better?

>>6212169
Another bitch with long blonde hair.
Too many of those in the hobby already.
If we absolutely had to get a Carol (instead of any of the better Captain Marvels) I would want one of the shorter haired ones just for the sake of variety.
>>
>>6212193
>he doesn't think that's a cute girl
You fap to porn?
>>
>>6212169
I liked whatever hair length she had that made the mohawk of her helmet looked good.
>>
Nobody think of Revo Silver Surfer yet?
A Mr. Fantastic could be cool too. Knowing Revo, if they ever did a Human Torch we might get two figures for the price of one with mix and match body parts and nice fire effects.
>>
>>6212186
Seconding the superiority of short hair Marvel.
>>
>>6207111
>no elbow joints
am I wrong? is this standard for WIPs?
>>
>>6212325
Fuck yes I want a Revo Surfer.
Some cosmic Revos would be wonderful.
I want Starlord, Nova, and Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>6212325
Going with that type of design, I rather have the classic Guardians of the Galaxy, but that's just me I imagine. I like the concept of far future Marvel Universe where everything is fucked up.

But current one is more Revo appropriate.
>>
>>6212360
>Vance Astro Revoltech
A beautiful dream even if it will never ever happen.
>>
>>6212367
he's just a generic body with a unique paint job it'd be a waste of everyone's time. just get the Marvel Legends
>>
So I'm kinda a noob to figures. Came across that venom online and figured I'd ask here.

Anyone know a good reliable retailer to use for canada?
>>
>>6212342
He probably hasn't sculpted the spot for the joints yet.
>>
Anyone who likes the new ms marvel over the old one is a humongous fag
>>
>>6212342
You just don't see the joints because the arms are bent. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>6212385

He isn't out yet, so you've got time to look.
>>
>>6212388
Who gives a fuck about Ms.Marvel?
She always kind of sucked.
We wouldn't be talking about Carol Danvers now if Marvel wasn't trying to push their grrl power shit by giving her a better hero's title.
>>
>>6212427
thanks buddy
>>
File: MyMy.jpg (277KB, 885x923px) Image search: [Google]
MyMy.jpg
277KB, 885x923px
>>6212158
>Ike out they wanted a female hero with super powers that was "main stream" enough for solo film

What about that stretchy girl? Wasn't she actually popular? I know /co/ seemed to love her.
>>
>>6212444

No problem. Sorry I don't know any Canada retailers though, I'm US based.
>>
>>6212447
Maybe they didn't want to start with a teenager girl coming of age type of movie (Just guessing, never read it)?

Also she's Inhuman right? MCU seems to want the Inhumans stuff to stay out of the movies even though they exist and is a major factor of the world building they came up with for the TV shows.
>>
>>6212460

I thought they were trying to push the Inhuman's as much as possible to try and get mutants out of everyones head until they can get the X-Men rights back from Fox?

Or did they finally abandon that idea because no one has ever given a fuck about the Inhuman's and trying to use them to replace mutants is fucking laughably retarded?
>>
>>6212463
Only Ike Perlmutter was really pushing it, and as the movies got out of his hands completely the Inhumans became TV only, there's a new show coming that's about the Royal Family Inhumans. I'm guessing Namor fits in there somehow too because the same people? location? is being used for whatever they are doing with Namor now.

I like the idea of Inhumans better, but not the actual characters they have over X-Men. Aliens messing with human DNA to make soldiers but gets out of control sounds pretty neat than just wacky evolution gave you power to control the weather.
>>
>>6212449
No worries, thanks anyway.

I found these guys and they seem reasonable
https://www.ninoma.com
>>
>>6212483
>Aliens messing with human DNA to make soldiers but gets out of control sounds pretty neat than just wacky evolution gave you power to control the weather.

But the first part also applies to mutants. The human species at this point, far as Marvel has shown it, is just one big genetic experiment clusterfuck by various alien beings.
>>
>>6209117
UGH just get a fucking statueshit. you clearly dont give a shit about articulation tech
>>
>>6212535
Oh ok I don't even know what's going on there anyways. There are angels and demons mutants, Celetials screw with human DNA in the first place, whatever. Inhumans makes that part out in the open is all I'm saying.
>>
>>6212578
>UGH

Get out.
>>
File: Akira_oav.jpg (16KB, 303x250px) Image search: [Google]
Akira_oav.jpg
16KB, 303x250px
>>6208841
That Devilman was done by Takeya?
Kind of a surprise since it looks sort of shitty.

Why don't they just make one that looks anything like the original manga or even the old ova?
There must be like thirty Devilman figures at this point and not one looks anything like the source material.
>>
>>6212667
It looked fine design wise, the movie was just pure garbage.

I know eh, starting to think Nagai Go himself has something to do with it, because I think Devilman is the only IP he really really cares about. That's why he keeps meddling with it himself, retelling or expanding the universe in different ways through his own mangas.
So maybe he doesn't want anything coming out from the core manga story or looks, hence every merch we see these days are based on some other versions.

Because it is becoming a clear pattern.
>>
File: 081908_protect_1.jpg (40KB, 550x622px) Image search: [Google]
081908_protect_1.jpg
40KB, 550x622px
>>6207111
Finally watched Jin-Roh. Opinions on the Revo Protect Gear? I think I've seen some people complain that he's small, but is he still worth it?
>>
>>6212877
I have three, I really like them. I don't keep them on my desk at work anymore because a coworker hamhanded the antenna off the backpack (it's fragile). The mouth hose limits the poses somewhat, but I suppose that's how it'd be in real life.
>>
>>6212877
He's pretty much Revo Mini small, if that impacts your decision at all.
>>
>>6212877
If you're okay having him not fit or go along with other action figures, go for it.
>>
>>6212241
Comparing that to how she used to look...can't believe they did that to her. Cant wait until this era of comics are over. They all suck.
>>
>>6212877
I love mine but he is small since he's a first generation. I definitely wish they'd revisit this and make it around today's scale with updated sculpt. Maybe with that live-action film coming soon, this could happen. Big maybe though... since we haven't even seen how the new live-action one would look like.
>>
>>6212388
Kamala Khan is great

Carol has always sucked
>>
>>6213122
Did you vote for Hillary Clinton too?
>>
>>6212877
I had planned to buy two or three, but people here complaining about leaking plasticizer turned me away from it.

didn't know he was as small as revo-minis though, that's actually a plus for my setup.
>>
>>6212421
>either mentally retarded or just blind
either way you should do everyone a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>6213280
No
>>
No news on Arthur? I'm pretty excited for him, been replaying the series to get ready. Hope we get some more old Capcom stuff
>>
>>6213122
I am not really a Kamalla fan (too much liberal pandering for my tastes and this is coming from someone who leans pretty far to the left politically.) but at least she looks cool and has an idea behind her beyond being Supergirl but Marvel.
>>
File: synt enji.png (3MB, 1786x1210px) Image search: [Google]
synt enji.png
3MB, 1786x1210px
>>6212061
Jomon Kugutu - Enzi
By 1000toys

They sold it at WonFes and another event, in very limited quantities (I got the second to last they had at WonFes), and then they had it on preorder on their site, it sold out immediately.

But, they still have the other color variant, which is as cool in my opinion. Just go and check their site.
>>
I wish MOVIE REVO would take another crack at Transformers. They were the only good toys to come out of those movies and the knight designs would look good and play well as revoltechs. Do T-Rex mode Grimlock, Optimus and Megatron this time.
>>
I recently got this figure, and I can't fit the pegs in the holes in the back for the "wings" and holster. Anything I can do other than stripping the pegs/holes?
>>
>>6213042
Carol's old design was honestly garbage. Generic as fuck and fueled by sex appeal
>>
File: f14fc4d8a5bc75822c2000facd0c8ce5.jpg (261KB, 736x1117px) Image search: [Google]
f14fc4d8a5bc75822c2000facd0c8ce5.jpg
261KB, 736x1117px
>>6213842
this is simply her best design, i sympathize with them wanting to make her less overtly sexualized what with modern mainstream social standards and all that but i really think they threw the baby out with the bathwater on this one. They ought to have just given her pants or if they were going to redesign the entire suit at least keep the lightning bolt. But i guess she has a whole new name now anyways so it's supposed to look like the old original captain marvel costume but i think that weakens her own identity/individuality and besides i'm pretty sure she hasn't talked to the due (since he died) in like 30 years iirc
>>
>>6213879
>modern mainstream social standards
Yeah, no. They bet on the wrong crowd dude. All these people bitching on tumblr and social media made it seem like the world was behind them but in reality these people didn't buy shit. DC already dropped the overtly political preachy garbage and went back to basics including more sexy women. They launched Rebirth and sales have never been better. In fact...if it weren't for Marvel manipulating sales charts by overshipping (forcing free copies on retailers) and charging significantly more per book then Marvel's numbers would look way worse.

Marvel saw the success DC had and also all the money they were losing subsidizing these preachy "social justice" books so this year they are going to be dropping all that. Books that have been on the cancellation line for years are now finally being cancelled because they are no longer under special snowflake protection. They were literally subsidizing this shit hoping it would catch on but most the tumblr crowd wasn't buying. They'd maybe buy 1 issue and then say "mission accomplished" then post some excerpts on tumblr and call it a day. A lot of these tumblr assholes even blatantly admitted they thought it was "awesome" that Marvel was "doing better" but that they wouldn't be buying the comics because they are too expensive. Instead they thought posting a few pages on social media and giving their seal of approval would translate into profit.

Protip: Marvel can't cash your well wishings, twitter posts and tumblr reblogs at the bank. Now comics will go back to serving all those "white straight dudebros" you hate so much.
>>
>>6213879
Old Carol looks like every superheroine porn comic protagonist ever.

Not saying I care all that much about her new look but it has more personallity.

I just want Carol to go back to the C list where belongs.
>>
>>6213985
That's because they're based on her because she's idyllic

Her new outfit has no personality it is objectively generic. It's just a chest symbol. I actually like it quite a lot but come the fuck on
>>
>>6213879
I'd say her current design fits perfectly into the MCU with the somewhat generic uniform look found on the Avengers. Seems like you could mess with the colors and instantly have the next Captain American uniform.
>>
>>6213919
It'd have been weirdly anti-social to not even attempt to engage with what seemed like a shift in public opinion at the time. I don't in any way sympathize with their more extreme examples of SJW appeasement because those are just foolish pandering to what are essentially beggars, i only meant that i was okay with them toning down Carol's design to open her up to a new audience. There's no reason she shouldn't still be able to dress like Ms Marvel though, i hate that certain people at Marvel act ashamed of it like "how DARE a woman ever want to look sexy". But putting pants on her is a pretty good idea to me so you can reign in the priorities of her material from being primarily sex appeal to have broader appeal to audiences. I hope she gets her hair back at some point.
>>
>>6213987
That's kind of part of the problem with that design is that it is 'typical' even before being brought down to earth from fantasy like all the other MCU designs. Imagine an MCU version of Ms Marvel, and imagine how striking it would be and really stand out in a lineup of MCU characters(they would be able to do something like cover the bare skin areas with blue spandex/material and still maintain the design. Look at Scarlet Witch ffs), the big yellow lightning bolt(way bigger than most hero logos) is way more unique than some vague meteor/falling star
>>
>>6213993
>It'd have been weirdly anti-social to not even attempt to engage with what seemed like a shift in public opinion at the time.
Oh I fully understand why they did it. These people knew how to manipulate social media and launch e-mail campaigns to make themselves look HUGE. I don't blame Marvel and DC for trying to cater to what they assumed was huge demand and the potential to grow the audience exponentially. There seemed to be this big call to make comics more brown, more queer and more feminist. Certainly didn't help that all the major comic news websites/blogs were slamming any comic they deemed too white, too sexist or lacking in LGBTQ representation either.

>i hate that certain people at Marvel act ashamed of it like "how DARE a woman ever want to look sexy"
They hired way too many people who have a really bad attitude toward the medium, it's history and it's established customer base. These people legit think that comic fans are sexist, racist and homophobic. The whole drama around Frank Cho really showed how petty and vindictive they are meanwhile the old guard love working with him because he is one of the few guys still drawing strong sexy women with actual meat (muscle) on their bones. Rucka recently threw a pissy fit and got Cho kicked off Wonder Woman though despite the fact Rucka's artist is drawing WW in sexually objectifying poses too. He just didn't like Cho's politics and how he fought for the right to draw sexy women. Cho's opinion that artists should be free to make the art they want without facing industry blacklists doesn't jive with Rucka.

I hope this petty shit ends as fans vote with their wallet but it's going to be hard to get rid of some of these guys since they ARE talented. Rucka is a good writer despite being a massive virtue signalling douche and DC obviously didn't want to lose him despite being on good terms with Cho. Cho was after all just a cover artist on the project.
>>
>>6213993
>It'd have been weirdly anti-social to not even attempt to engage with what seemed like a shift in public opinion at the time.
Oh man, it's almost hypocritical in what they do.

Comic companies have no problem telling comic nerds that asking for changes or requests don't work, because they only make what works (see bitching about crossovers or new runs for niche characters). But when it's SJW shit, they don't say shit, instead they just quietly cancel or change things and keep nodding to these crowds.

Open dialogue isn't possible with them without huge negative reactions. Just go look at what happened with a DC rep responded to some nerd asking for more female writers. He kept asking for suggestions on who, because all the female writers they ask don't want to write superheroes. Huge negative response that led nowhere, because all the SJW only suggested writers who dont want to write superheroes and shitty amateur whos.
>>
File: 1488104355923.jpg (26KB, 239x268px) Image search: [Google]
1488104355923.jpg
26KB, 239x268px
>All this drama over Carol fucking Danvers
>>
>>6214120
it's not drama it's discussion c'mon son

also
>interrogation marks
>>
>>6214038
>>6214097
Marvel has been talking about how they intend to be less political and go back to just being good super hero stories moving forward lately so I think they're realizing that what may seem true on the internet is really just whichever opinions have eked their way into becoming the most popular ones by whatever means. Considering the internet is reality filtered through human consciousness, and everyone wants to be the good guy it should come as no surprise that those virtues rose so buoyantly to the top for a short while. But people are becoming aware of the unreality of consensus online especially after the example of Hillary's expected presidential win being subverted. I lurked on 4chan for like 7 years or something before i even started posting so rest assured there are usually more people watching than there are participating. They just need to listen to what actual fans have to say.
>>
>>6213809
Blast the hole with heat to soften the plastic.
>>
So when ordering stuff in north america from amiami what's the best shipping method to use?

Yes I am retarded, please help
>>
>>6214533
If you want it in a reasonable timeframe, go EMS (or FedEx? Does amiami have that? I know HLJ offers it around the same price range)
If you don't care when, registered SAL will get there eventually
>>
>>6214550
Alright thanks. I figure the price difference is about $10-15?

They do DHL, I would have just done that otherwise.
>>
>>6214555
The nice thing is after they send a payment request you can look at each shipping option with price and choose which one you want.
>>
My SAL shipped spidey still hasn't arrived, getting kinda worried
>>
>>6214795
It's sal and that's slow as shit. Though if you give us a date to reference from when they shipped out to now then maybe you can make a case. Waiting months isn't totally out of the ordinary unless you live in a spot that receives SAL packages within weeks.
>>
>>6214680
Oh that's awesome, thanks for the information.
>>
>>6207142
>>6207751
it made sense for VF, since everybody remembers it as the first 3D fighter, and their polygonal forms are probably more iconic than their well-modeled ones.

But I'm not really liking it for Beat. I mean, on the figure alone you have rounded goggles, head phones, wheels, and paint can. So that's breaking the "immersion" of a low-poly figure. But more importantly, I don't think of JSR as an iconic low-poly game. It's an iconic cel-shaded game, but in my head the characters look like the artwork - dynamic and cartoonish.

I dunno, it's still a great character design, but making it with this low-poly look is an odd choice.
>>
>>6213299
That escalated quickly.
>>
File: 1.jpg (42KB, 693x306px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
42KB, 693x306px
>>6214825
>>
>>6215072
Forgot to say, I'm in Europe
>>
>>6215072
>>6215074
That's Sal speed anon so wait a bit. Just try to forget about it and be surprised next time you check your doorstep.
>>
>>6215072
>>6215123
Different guy, different question.

I've noticed many (all?) of my registered SAL don't show tracking after leaving Japan, is that normal? Canadian btw.
>>
>>6215140
Yes, once Japan Post marks your package as "dispatched" then it's on its way. The next update that should follow is when your package lands countryside and from there you swap your tracking number to your local post office.
>>
>>6215146
OK thanks. I put stuff away without opening at times and looking at old tracking gets me worried because they don't show past Japan and I can't remember if I put it away or didn't get it at all lol.
>>
File: 610yx0odr9L._SL1200_.jpg (127KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
610yx0odr9L._SL1200_.jpg
127KB, 1200x1200px
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B06XC47K64
>>
>>6207234
>Luther Strode Revo
Going by aesthetics alone, I'm going to add that Invincible would be excellent in Figma, but only if they used Cory Walker's art as reference.
>>
File: 61zwZkDzq7L._SL1500_.jpg (99KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61zwZkDzq7L._SL1500_.jpg
99KB, 1200x1200px
>>6215206
I'm feeling it a bit here
>>
>>6215206
Huh the hood is on a hinge so it can move up and down. Neat.
>>
File: 71GzD5Rhe1L._SL1200_.jpg (147KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71GzD5Rhe1L._SL1200_.jpg
147KB, 1200x1200px
You can see that ball end of the shoulder joint here.
>>
>>6215206
>>6215218
>>6215237
This shit gets announced and ready to order already while we still wait for stuff announced years prior.
>>
>>6215243
Blame UC for that. VulcanLog is going through something odd. So far Amazing Yamaguchi has a decent release schedule.
>>
>>6215237
>>6215218
>>6215206

The paint and hood seems questionable in places, but it looks really good so far. Now I gotta see the back.
>>
File: 71gVz1MJCYL._SL1200_.jpg (218KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71gVz1MJCYL._SL1200_.jpg
218KB, 1200x1200px
The face that was made by someone else is clearly ignoring where the head should be positioned in the hood. It's too low and small compared to what it should be judging from the masked head.
>>
File: 61grw6jeRnL._SL1500_.jpg (86KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61grw6jeRnL._SL1500_.jpg
86KB, 1200x1200px
>>6215251
There seems to be a bit of a separation at the back but I assume it shows when you extend the neck (or hood in this matter) maybe?
>>
>>6215251
>>6215258
You're assigning high articulation to a hooded head, so really what else can you do?
>>
i wonder if those web effects will be compatible with Spider-Man. If so i just might contemplate getting her
>>
>>6207231
Iron Fist could be really cool. I want a '90s armor Iron Man as well.
>>
>>6215344
It would be really silly if you can't swap accessories like the webs so I wouldn't worry.
>>6215344
>>
File: yes.png (288KB, 422x490px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
288KB, 422x490px
>>6215252
I want to give her the kiss
>>
>>6207231.
I want some Cosmic Heroes (mostly Star Lord and Richard Rider Nova.) Captain America, Thor, and some villains. (Preferably somebody like Task Master or Anniulus.)

>>6207248
>>6215354
>Iron Fist
>Mysterio

Good taste.
>>
File: IMG_3422.jpg (1MB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3422.jpg
1MB, 2250x3000px
>>6215428
I'll be interested to see how an Ironfist would come out given how the ML looks every time I see it.
>>
>>6215446
>take spidey body
>smooth it out
>paint it green and yellow
>swap webs for flames
>give it shit loads of hands
Done.
They could even put the bandana on the back part of the head.
>>
>>6215446
this is one of the stupidest Marvel characters, some white dude literally getting a shitty dragon tattoo and doing kunfu, I hope we never get to see a release wasted on him. I'll take classic Ghost Rider, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Sabretooth or a Kirby style Thor over this if it really has to be another superhero we're getting for revo.
>>
>>6215252
Honestly I wish we could've gotten a fully unmaked head and a hood down piece, but that hood is totally integrated into her head and neck.
>>
>>6215252
>clearly ignoring where the head should be positioned in the hood. It's too low and small compared to what it should be judging from the masked head.
That's standard Yamaguchi. He doesn't give a shit about anatomy or aesthetics. He only cares about poseability.
>>
I wouldn't mind seeing a Revo Judge Dredd actually. AFAIK the only 6" Dredds available have a stupid soft goods suit which ruins the poseability, and in the case of the Mezco one is likely to disintegrate over time thanks to the shitty pleather they used. Plus, both the Amazing/AmeComi Revos have turned out great from what I've seen so it'd be a safe bet.
>>
Why do people hang out here just to shit on the line, i know a lot of people don't like Revoltech and that's fine but just don't come here then. I get it if it's a character that rarely gets figures and they're lamenting their one figure being so niche but these are fucking Marvel characters, c'mon
>>
>>6215968
Welcome to /toy/. Don't forget to request for your complimentary Link figma. Also the pool is closed.
>>
>>6215968
>people aren't allowed to have opinions that aren't positive to make me feel better about my purchases
I'm pretty sure everyone here buys Revoltechs though, right? You can't expect everyone to like and purchase everything they offer.
>>
File: 1487634386460.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1487634386460.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>6215968
What? Why are you bringing this up? I don't see anyone really shitting on the line ITT, just the usual Yamaguchi complaints that you either like it or you hate it
Generals do not equal hugboxes my guy.
Consumers are allowed to complain about the shit they buy/want to buy if they want to.
I hope you're not that same faggot from the figma general who was complaining about people expressing their feelings on how garbage and disappointing their One Meme Man figma ended up being as a figure

Can't take the heat? Then why are you in the damn oven?
>>
>>6215867
It's not Yamaguchi though . Holy shit dude just shut up already.
>>
Spider Gwen is up at HLJ. ¥5,015.
>https://hlj.com/product/kyd01303
>>
>>6216397
>exact same price as spider-man
Eh. I was hoping for cheaper, but 45 bucks isn't bad import-wise.
>>
>>6216397
Thanks fampai
>>
>>6216397
I haven't bought any new imports in a while other than Figmas and Polynians and I had assumed Revos had also shot up in price.
The fact that this thing is under $50 is a huge surprise to me.
>>
>>6216413
Yeah, not that bad a price for me either.

>>6216425
Welcome brohai.

>>6216461
Yeah, I hadn't bought revos in a long while and just resently got back in the line with Deadpool back in October and saw that revos were still less costly.

Also Spider Gwen now up on AmiAmi for ¥75 cheaper.
>http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-028369&page=top
>>
>>6216397
amiami has her up as well
>>
>>6216397
Can I say how much I love fast moving lines like this?
Take fucking notes SAS and DBZ Figuarts
>>
>>6215748
he was created during the kung fu exploitation film era like power man was during blaxploitation
what do you expect?
>>
>>6216476
Yamaguchi used to pump out figures way faster, even as recently as the Revol-Mini days.

I think they want to avoid losing money by producing less action figures per year.
>>
>>6216559
I understand that, but with a hot product like Jojo is right now thanks to the Anime
DB, again thanks to the anime, the Dub and all the games you would think they would ride that shit like their lives depended on it.
But I fine pretty lacking specially Medicos
>>
File: if.jpg (246KB, 800x725px) Image search: [Google]
if.jpg
246KB, 800x725px
>>6215748
>>6216483
>what do you expect?
An update to the character. It's no longer the kung fu exploitation film era, and a white boy with a dragon tattoo doing kung-fu does nothing but elicit laughter and derision from me. Marvel has been willing to shake things up in big ways with their lineup lately, so why the fuck not update Iron Fist too and make him Asian. No reason to hold on to the past if the past is no longer relevant.
>>
File: 20170220143000.jpg (369KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
20170220143000.jpg
369KB, 1024x707px
>>6208807
Is it weird that single color/unpainted protos like this really, really excite me? Like, I would probably buy this Venom as is right now. I also feel like the sculpt really shines when you see toys like this...all the little sculpted details really catch the light and stand out. Sometimes final paint schemes ruin that, or overcomplicate the visual.
>>
>>6216687
There is already an asian kung fu guy in Marvel.
He is boring as shit.

Why is a white man doing martial arts any more laughable than anything else in superhero comics?
Batman does it.
Do they need to replace Bruce Wayne with a Chinese man?

I suppose they could kill off Danny and put an Asian guy in the role but that is a dumb fucking reason to kill off a long running character.
Not that I would put it past Marvel at this point.

Also I am pretty sure Asian people have been trying to get away from the martial artist sterotype for decades.
>>
>>6216710
See >>6216687 is a cuck who's only real argument about Iron Fist is that he's A WHITE MALE!! >>6216687 also probably hasn't read a comic book and his only exposure to the Iron Fist character being the trailer for the Netflix series.
>>
>>6216710
>There is already an asian kung fu guy in Marvel. He is boring as shit.
That's the fault of the writers. You're implying that his inherent Asian-ness is what makes him boring.

As for the rest of your post--this isn't about kung fu. It's specifically about Iron Fist and what he represents. Iron Fist was written during the exploitation era, when orientalism was a big thing--y'know, the "mysteries of the orient" and shit. Nowadays that's seen for what it is--stereotypical and offensive. Bruce Wayne may know kung fu, but it's not the basis for his character.

>kill off a long running character.
Nobody said anything about killing him off. They don't need to do anything to Danny Rand, or even change anything in the comics. The TV show was simply a chance for Marvel to take a step in a fresh direction, an alternate take on the character. They've done this many times in the past without ultimately harming the original character.

>Also I am pretty sure Asian people have been trying to get away from the martial artist sterotype for decades.
I am an Asian person, and I assure you, the problem isn't Asians knowing martial arts. It's that the way they're portrayed in media is often as kung-fu machines with no real depth of character (often as villains, in fact). If you write an Asian character as a real person with real motivations, there is absolutely no problem with them knowing martial arts.
>>
>>6216710
i agree
chink here and i love that iron fist is white because i like the idea of kung fu being learnt than inherent talent or some shit.
>>
>>6216727
>without harming the original character

How about an original fucking character then? This meme of taking well established heroes and switching their race and sexual orientation to appeal to a fucking minority that doesn't even read comics needs to stop. Make original characters if you want to push an agenda instead.
>>
>>6216727
Why don't you say that about Daredevil? Or Luke Cage? Or even Jessica Jones? Why aren't they all Asian, or middle-eastern or some other shit? It was a chance to present a fresh take. Fuck off with your stupid shit. You just hate Iron Fist cause he's white.
>>
>>6216806
I don't know about the others, but I'm pretty sure the basis of daredevil's character is radioactive blind fuck. the gymnastic flippy shit comes later, like batman.

I kind of agree with >>6216727. White Guy With the Dragon Tattoo reminds me of that black and white footage of retarded GIs wearing oversized robes just learning 'that funny oriental throwing arts'. and Karate Kid. and American Ninja. and David fucking Carradine.

I'm the last person to go all /co/ and scream for representation (even though if there's a group that needs it badly, it's the asians) but white kung fu dude is almost like acceptable yellowface. It's like a van Damme movie playing over and over again - white guy (because asians can't be protagonists, just green hornets) goes to ancient lands and learns secret techniques, then beats all the asians at their own game!

with regards to 'just make him asian now', that's retarded too. I'm pretty sure they're trying to move away from that typecasting shit. just because asian characters keep getting unapologetically whitewashed doesn't mean we should turn white characters yellow.

anyway, /pol/tards can froth at the mouth about my post too, idgaf. even without going into all the race bullshit, this dated character concept is dumb as rocks and doesn't deserve a revoltech figure before anything listed in >>6215748. may as well beg for a fucking revoltech antman.
>>
>>6216891
>acceptable yellow face
Anon please.. what the fuck are you babbling about. Danny has always been what he is , it's his niche and with the number of heroes that are green blue and otherwise the iron fist doesn't need to change. As for popularity, he's not gonna get in before anybody who's ever been in Marvel. It's just that simple, you'll sooner get a revoltech Magneto before you will an Iron Fist not because of who he is but, because there are a million more popular characters period. Luke Cage is not gonna be a top priority for revoltech, Iron Fist isn't, Elektra isn't, punisher won't be.. it's just that simple. Street level shit isn't what they're going for, they want X men and they want Spiderman heroes and villains.
>>
>>6216906

While we're making unreasonable demands for figures, I totally want a revo Cloak and Dagger. I mean, they're getting a show soon, right? Gotta hype it, right?

nb4 Monkey's paw'd and it's whatever designs they're gonna use for the show and not classic ones.
>>
>>6216906
I meant the whole white kung fu dude concept ala 80s entertainment. a character just manifests symptoms of the times in which he was conceptualized for better or worse.
>>
>>6216911
See even stating that his origins as a character or the times he was made in is rather dumb. Sure call him a white kungfuman but he wasn't running around shitting on asian culture.
>>
>>6216914
>but he wasn't running around shitting on asian culture
none of them do. the point is that the culture is presented through an orientalist lens, and that protags dare not be yellow men.

>even stating that his origins as a character or the times he was made in is rather dumb
thankfully you're wrong, because they don't make white kung fu dudes like they used to. even John Wick is palatable because he isn't flying through the air after meditating with some old chink about ancient witticisms.
>>
Dear Kaiyodo and Yamaguchi San

Please do only xmen
>>
>>6215356
just anticipating because of the different size of hands
>>
File: cyclops.jpg (113KB, 500x621px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops.jpg
113KB, 500x621px
>>6216922
>There are people in this thread right now who think that Cyclops is worse than Hitler
How disgustingly poisonous.
>>
>>6216927
I mean I love X-Men and all but Cyclops is Hitler.
>>
File: fca809a1afda5ba98228de9ed85e8986.jpg (200KB, 736x1117px) Image search: [Google]
fca809a1afda5ba98228de9ed85e8986.jpg
200KB, 736x1117px
>>6216927
Man I just want fun beam effects to blast away other toys.
>>
>>6216929
Factually wrong
>>
>>6216772
You got some weird internalized racism going on here. I understand what you're trying to say, but the answer to Asians being typecast as martial arts masters is NOT "let's make it a white guy instead." The answer lies in teaching Hollywood that Asians can be more than martial artists, they can be jocks, they can be romantic interests, they can be superheroes. They can do all the "normal" shit that white people can on the big screen.

Asians in general don't possess "inherent talent" for kung fu, it's learned like any other art. The fact that you have that mindset and would prefer a white protag is a result of growing up in a culture that normalizes that kind of shit.
>>
>>6216935
yea sure, it can''t be just because i prefer a character that way, it's some deep internal physcological shit
>>
>>6216935
>minority disagrees with you
>he has internalized racism
haha, fuck you.
>>
>>6216346
If that isn't sculpted by Yamaguchi, it sure is being fucked up by him like with other Revoltechs he meddled with.
>>
>>6216949
You're incredible.
>Yamguchi did it so looks bad
>Yamaguchi didn't do it but still bad because Yamaguchi.

And don't bother with the TMNT shit.
I don't want all that on top of this stupid kung-fu guy with dragon tattoo should be asian debate.
>>
>>6216949
are you "special"?
cause you're being pretty fucking retarded
>>
>>6216483
oh btw, I'm the anon who said
>some white dude literally getting a shitty dragon tattoo and doing kunfu

I'm Asian but honestly I don't care about some white dude doing martial arts, what I really don't care about having is that it's a really boring character with a shitty design. I'd really much rather have other Marvel characters if revo is really going to be doing superhero stuff non stop.

I don't even fucking want an updated Iron Fist to be Asian, that's even fucking dumber. I just don't want that character. I really don't care for these new social movement Marvel thing, it ends up being even more stupid when they try most of the time.

Give me crazier picks like Shuma Gorath, Blackheart, Spiral. I'd really love a classic Ghost Rider honestly if we really have to do marvel revos.
>>
>>6216960
I'm not sure what part of
>ruining a sculpt to stick in joints in horrible places
changes anything from it not being his fault.
>>
>>6216964
>shuma fucking gorath
now this i can agree with
>>
>>6216964
like that other anon asked, why is it ok for Daredevil, Wolverine, Deadpool, Elektra etc to be doing bullshit Asian made up martial arts but not get called out, because their characters are at least fun looking enough that you don't think "what a fucking lame character idea". It got a bit cringey when Marvel thinks that a regular Japanese person dresses up like a geisha when they go out for grocery or a date in those classic Wolverine issues... but it isn't really his main identity that he's a walking dumb design and that he is the... KUNG FU MAN YO. Iron Fist has got a shitty medieval dragon tattoo and somehow he's some kind of kung fu dude... but basically his design is shit to me and I just really really really would rather see other Marvel characters get revos than him.
>>
>>6216969
yeah, see? that'd be way more fun as a revo. Plus, really, even fantasy game players would buy him just because...
>>
>>6216965
We're talking specifically about the alt face sculpt and you change the subject because you know you're a retard. Keep digging your grave deeper.
>>
>>6216977
I think you got the wrong anon, anon
>>
>>6216974
durrrr
>the head should be positioned in the hood. It's too low and small compared
hurrr
learn to read and make sure to thank Yamaguchi tomorrow for his brilliant ideas of making humans more poseable by fucking everything else up.

>>6216988
derp
>>
>>6216992
From the beginning you cited every part except the "The face that was made by someone else" you moron. Learn to read, learn to click the right reply, and learn that the more you write the worse you make for yourself and your inaction actually make others slightly happier.

Yeah yeah bent joint looks weird congratulations it's an action figure.
>>
File: Immortal_Iron_Fist_Vol_1_3.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Immortal_Iron_Fist_Vol_1_3.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
>>6216970
>his design is shit to me
What if it was a figure of Orson Randall?
>>
File: 20170227_220739.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170227_220739.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Yeah I need to move the things up more to move them around to hide them knees but happy as is for now. Old spidey looks like shit beside him but still have a soft spot. Revoltech spidey really is great though
>>
File: 1485395425390.jpg (143KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485395425390.jpg
143KB, 1200x900px
Bring on Venom!!!!!!
>>
>>6217605
I'm glad venom looks swole as fuck
>>
>>6217582
Not that anon but i hated this whole era of Iron Fist designs, particularly how anti-popped collar they were
>>
>>6217591
why are his knees forks?
>>
>>6216970
>when Marvel thinks that a regular Japanese person dresses up like a geisha when they go out for grocery or a date in those classic Wolverine issues
But that's what Japan thinks too
>>
>>6217974
Wearing yukata is a thing you do sometimes in the summer in Japan. It's tradition to wear them to attend festivals, or after bathing in onsen. It has nothing to do with 'dressing like a geisha.'

Also, as far as those old Wolverine issues, they were rife with ignorance of the culture and antiquated notions about Japan.
>>
>>6217582
>the longest torso
>the liefeldest hands
>>
>>6218074
As bad as you made it sound, it looks like that's just his style and knows anatomy, because he's pretty consistent.
>>
>>6217582
I'm surprised it can get even shittier. Man can we not have the revo thread clogged up with bad superhero characters? Can we just have the classic iconic pleb ones here like Spider-Man and Wolverine? These shit c or d-list characters have the Marvel general to be in right?
>>
>>6216687
>and a white boy with a dragon tattoo doing kung-fu
So you're just racist.
>>
>>6216929
He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>6216935
>but the answer to Asians being typecast as martial arts masters is NOT "let's make it a white guy instead." The answer lies in teaching Hollywood that Asians can be more than martial artists, they can be jocks, they can be romantic interests, they can be superheroes.
So why can't white people learn martial arts?
Also kek at you going full SJW "nuh uh I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG."

>>6216970
>but basically his design is shit to me and I just really really really would rather see other Marvel characters get revos than him.
Boo fucking hoo. This is just your opinion. Many people enjoy Iron Fist's classic design.
>>
>>6218271
>>6218280
oh look a triggered white adolescent male. many people already said it here, plenty of us are really okay with white dudes learning martial arts character types, just that iron fist is shit. go back to marvel general or /co. no one cares that much over here. don't shoot up your classmates ok?
>>
>>6207111
This is probably a tired question but what's a reasonable price for a revo woody? The meme one?

A local store has one for about $50 usd.
>>
>>6218284
Aaaw, you're still mad people disagree with you. Cute.
>>
>>6218292
Try and haggle to 30, don't pay more than 40
>>
>>6218284
>Don't shoot up your classmates
Man you know jokes aside, you a faggot. Not even the dude you're hatin on. You just a faggot.
>>
>>6218326
whatever gets you through the day and not shooting classrooms and strangers, man. don't forget to take your meds, supreme kung-fu person.
>>
File: jyghk.jpg (27KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
jyghk.jpg
27KB, 450x675px
>>6218349
jokes aside, you should have typed it as "you're" or "you". protip: no one cares if you are or aren't that dude.
>>
>>6216969
Either Shuma or Dormammu would be all kinds of amazing.
>>
>>6216687
>so why the fuck not update Iron Fist too and make him Asian

Because he wouldn't be Iron Fist then? I don't understand SJW's obsession with changing existing character's races, this is why marvel has gone to shit.

Wouldn't you rather have an original well written character who doesn't come off like pandering?

I don't know why I fell for this bait, you probably haven't even read a single comic with Iron fist in it.
>>
File: Iron-Fist_01.jpg (63KB, 780x340px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Fist_01.jpg
63KB, 780x340px
Man I just suggested an Iron Fist Revo for the sheer posability on him with an unrestrictive design.
>>
>>6218418
I imagine Revoltech would come up with some crazy hand effects.
>>
>>6218328
Thanks. I can get it down to 45 once i have membership. Nobody's going to want this thing besides me so I'll wait a bit then try haggling.
>>
Can't believe this Iron Fist argument is still going.
Usually when a comic book character I don't care for comes up I just ignore it instead of sperging out for a whole thread.

>>6218433
That would be neat.
The Legends is cool but the effect part didn't really do it for me.
>>
>>6218466
i wanna get the new ML iron fist but shitty pricing has made MLs 30 usd here
>>
File: marvel heroes for revo.jpg (1MB, 1904x1876px) Image search: [Google]
marvel heroes for revo.jpg
1MB, 1904x1876px
>>6218466
What's interesting to me is I posted this a few times before, older version had Iron Fist too, and nothing came out of it. Iron Fist's name popped up a few times before too. Martial arts hero can make a good Revo, simple as that.

All it takes is one or two crazies to stir things up I suppose. Or just saw the Netflix trailer and found out about the character in the year 2017.

Kaiyodo should do villains more, like third of the lineup, since other Japanese makers rarely go there.
>>
>>6218534
I'm game for any Dr.Doom Revo
>>
>>6218534
>More villains.
Let me just put this impossible dream out there.

>>6218542
Doom would work very well in Revoltech form.
My only worry would be the cloak.
>>
File: IMG_3665.jpg (260KB, 1116x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3665.jpg
260KB, 1116x1200px
Can any of you read moon? I'm trying to figure out what these are. Yamaguchi posted these a few days ago, and they make excellent webs for Spider-Man.
>>
File: IMG_3719.jpg (159KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3719.jpg
159KB, 1200x807px
>>6218588
>>
>>6207231
I would honestly love a Blade.
>>
File: WANOBISG.png (111KB, 604x226px) Image search: [Google]
WANOBISG.png
111KB, 604x226px
Nice.
>>
>>6218588
They're basically just coated twist ties. The advertising suggests using them for gardening or tying up trash bags. You can buy them here:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%85%AB%E5%B9%A1%E3%81%AD%E3%81%98-%E3%83%A0%E3%82%B9%E3%83%93%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E9%87%9D%E9%87%91-%E7%B7%9A%E5%BE%84X%E9%95%B7%E3%81%95-1-1X200/dp/B00DS3VBU4/ref=pd_sbs_328_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2EES18MF2J6Q5FDXW414

You might need a middleman though, since last I heard Amazon.co.jp only ships books and CDs to the US. They can also be purchased on Rakuten if that works better.

Also, judging by this pic >>6218591 it seems like you'll need some thinner coated wire to wrap around as well.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
you knoe??? kaiyodo pls
>>
>>6218534
Yamaguchi Doc Ock when?
>>
File: Taskmaster.jpg (170KB, 582x792px) Image search: [Google]
Taskmaster.jpg
170KB, 582x792px
>>6218534
If we're talking villains then Taskmaster would be pretty perfect.
I love the Legends figure but we really need a good classic Taskmaster and he'd pair with Deadpool perfectly.

Just give him a poseable jaw and he'd be amazing.
>>
To every anon who writes "classic costume," I don't think that's happening. It probably will be a similar modern version rather than a drastic reimagination, but not something from the 60's-90's that tends to be the iconic look.
>>
>>6218774
already done 14 years ago bud
>>
>>6219091
>14
fuck my math is bad
meant 9 years ago
>>
>>6219091
I'm assuming he wants one that's not ugly as sin
>>
>>6219094
He came out in 2006.
>>
File: Revoltech-Turtles-15.jpg (409KB, 2048x872px) Image search: [Google]
Revoltech-Turtles-15.jpg
409KB, 2048x872px
>>6207111

One of the small green revoltech joints on one of my TMNT figures has broken. The peg completely broke off.

Is there a feasible way to get a replacement?
>>
>>6219317

Hm.. now that I'm looking at these more closely, I'm wondering if these figures are bootlegged. The sprus were not cut as cleanly as they should have been, and the revoltech joints for the bandanas are all green (same as the rest of their joints), instead of colored the same as the bandana.

I bought them off of Wish really cheap, so... yeah, I think I got some bootlegs. They're pretty nice bootlegs though, other than that one joint breaking while I was trying to loosen up the eye mechanism.
>>
File: 2017-03-02 14.42.52.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-02 14.42.52.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>6219330

Yep, after reviewing some footage of people comparing the bootlegs and the legit figures, I definitely have been sold bootlegs.

Refund request time. Backcharge if necessary.
>>
>>6219317
>>6219330
>>6219444
Revolver joints are surprisingly sturdy (I have never broken one even with some rough handling over the years), so I was pretty surprised until you said bootleg.
>>
>>6219091
>>6219094
I already have that figure, liked it for what it was back then, but after buying up so many revo figures over the years, really, I just want them to re-do this or DMC1 Dante with the size and level of detail they put into Raiden or Venom Snake.
>>
>>6219576

Yeah, I've never had a problem with a legit revoltech figure before. Hell, even these shitty bootleg figures are quite nice thanks to Kaiyodo's engineering.
>>
>>6216467
>>6216397
How much is shipping usually on these sites? It's $5 standard on Big Bad Toy Store but Spider-Gwen is $69.99. I'm wondering if it's a better deal for the cheap shipping. Any more info is appreciated.
>>
>>6220394
You have an option to use EMS, DHL, SAL, RSAL for the better primary shipping options for stuff like this.

EMS and DHL will set you back the most at around 2k+ (with AmiAmi mind you) but it's fast shipping and insurance. SAL/RSAL are the cheaper and slower alternatives (RSAL will provide a tracking number versus SAL but it is the cheapest option for a reason)

But for $69.99 that's a bit much whereas the exchange rate will net you a better deal if you go overseas with the regular Japanese sites and opt for RSAL to have a decent cost with trackable shipping. $75 shipped for one Spider Gwen seems a bit out there in my eyes and I always hear BBTS is better opted for western stuff and Bluefin products.
>>
>>6220418
Thanks for the info man.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-03-12-21-54.png (341KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-03-12-21-54.png
341KB, 1440x2560px
Why is snake more expensive than grey fox now?
>>
>>6221105
Because you're on Amazon silly anon
>>
File: IMG_20170304_081017.jpg (298KB, 1973x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170304_081017.jpg
298KB, 1973x1300px
Just my luck to get dupes of one web slinging hand.
Anyone else had this issue with their revoltech spidey?
>>
>>6222149
Where'd you get it from?
>>
>>6222160
HLJ
>>
>>6222169
Hm, I've had no trouble with them in the past.
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>6222582
Tomorrow.
>>
>>6222208
all distributors get the same product so i'd imagine they're all just as likely to have these kinds of errors.

>>6222149
have you tried contacting them? they'll probably help you with it, and they're really easy to communicate with since HLJ is run by americans in Japan
>>
Has anyone ever tried ordering from ninoma?
Are they legit?
>>
>>6222989

Where dat new thread mang? I got's the needs.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.