[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythic Legions 2.0 Kickstarter - 5 Days to go-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 44

All Stretch Goals Unlocked

>Kick Starter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s

>How to add addons to your pledge.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s/posts/1793731

>1.0 Re-issue news
http://imgur.com/a/had4J

>News
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/

>ToyFair Pictures
http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-four-horsemen-studios-mythic-legions-display-241464

http://toyfair17.asmzine.com/gallery/four-horsemen-studios-mythic-legions/

>BBTS has got Covenant of Shadow in stock:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mythic%20legions&page=1

Last Thread
>>6198758
>>
>Everyone on the forums super butt hurt xylona is female

Hah, it's delicious. I had a feeling she might be with those hips.
>>
>>6202038
Yeah, I mean that original silhouette is pretty obviously female. Whether I personally get her or not all depends on the what her actual deco is though. They need to get those prototypes out ASAP.
>>
File: image-367999-original.jpg (113KB, 560x867px) Image search: [Google]
image-367999-original.jpg
113KB, 560x867px
First for Morgolyth making me pop a boner
>>
>>6202028
It's probably not going to happen though, and you guys need to realize this.

There's nothing wrong with asking for something, but it's unrealistic to expect the 4H to change one of the main pieces of their KS layout just because some people want it. Maybe they'll do a more muscular female buck in their next KS, but it's probably not going to happen this time because that would effect the rest of the figures.
>>
>>6202053
I hope she has a skirt like Mandibulus. Maybe a side-slit for her long skeleton leg to be able to poke thru. That would be boner inducing.

Hoping she comes with a staff, I need more magic users
>>
>>6202058
>i dont agree with him he must be a troll
Sorry I love this line too much I think we should get figures more often rather than a KS every 2 years with some repaints peppered in. I just wish we would get a wave more often and they would funnel profits into more often production.
>>
>>6202075
I agree. I thought KS was to help start up a business, not just be a convoluted preorder store. Haven't they made enough money to just move on to doing actual production runs yet?
>>
>>6202075
Which profits? Pretty sure the KS aren't running a profit. After paying for tooling, production, and shipping, as well as paying their own salaries, I doubt there's much left over. They said in their interview the only part of Ml that has been profitable really has been 1.5 and 1.75, and that's BECAUSE they are all differently painted configurations of existing parts.
>>
>>6202080
Their KS are a way to pay for the initial tooling of new parts, as well as a way to do preorders. Each KS they have run introduces many newly tooled parts, then they run waves in between which use the parts and are not kickstarted.
>>
File: ynN4gjV.jpg (157KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
ynN4gjV.jpg
157KB, 680x682px
Not as disastrous as the last mock up, but here's the current frontrunner for Fanex
>>
>>6202101
Yeah, that's better. Although I'm still not a fan of the painted body parts. It's /ok/.
>>
>>6201625
I really hope Xylona ends up looking less goat-like and more deer-like. Even with the gazelle ears she looks more satanic than regal. It looks like they somehow accidentally looked at goat faces for reference by accident.
>>6202101
Those gold accents are so out of place, and the black should be swapped for white or a natural linen color.
>>
>>6202084
I can understand that there not being much left over. I would gladly take more repaint waves in between rather than figures with new tooling. As it stands its like a once a year thing and they used for covenant like a fraction of what was possible with the molds they had. As it stands we are 3 KS's(with ravens) in with 4H and output has not really grown.

Every other KS i have backed has turned their KS into a jumping off point and gone into full time production for bigger markets. Im not looking for MLs to get stocked in TRU or anything but more than what we have. These are by far my favorite western figures in years and would love to see more or them easier to get.
>>
>>6202106
Silly boy, black is for strong edgy empowered females, I am based off wonder woman dont ya know? ;^) Do not sexualize me!
>>
File: image.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
29KB, 741x568px
>>6202101
>skin tight black spandex
>in a fantasy setting
>a color scheme that has no harmony
>garish shiny blue standout armor for a sneaky rogue woman
Hmm...
Really makes me think.
>>
>>6202129
The lack of generic cloth arms and legs is an issue in this line, imo.
>>
>>6202101
Could you imagine if they had gone with a male torso? I bet Hagnon's head could have been part of it. We could have had a zombie. Instead that head will languish almost entirely unused.
>>
>>6202109
They fucking sculpt for other businesses, this isn't supposed to be a jumping off point for anything. It's a side project, Jesus.
>>
>>6202131
>zombie
fuck
fuck and dammit, that would have been awesome
>>
>>6202133
I really wish his head had seen another use this round. Maybe in 2.5.

And that the alternate fembarian head had been used on something else. Like a heavy heavy dark knight, even female blood knight would have been acceptable.
>>
>>6202130
I guess they think they're still making the DC line.
>>
>>6202109
I understand, I don't think they really have the means to make it much larger without a significant financial investment from somewhere else, and even then the target audience is limited. They'd have to have a lot more buyers to support a larger operation.
>>
File: IMG_1041.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1041.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6202075
>>6202080
Do you guys really not understand how expensive this process is?

Every new piece requires a new steel mold to be cut. Every time they cut a steel mold, it costs about $10,000.

Some pieces can be combined onto one mold, like the weapons packs, which is why they're cheap. But almost every new piece you see on a figure requires a 10K investment.

But making new molds is cheap when you see how much paint applications cost. Pic related is Malleus' bicep armor. The 4H are charged for each segment separately. Basically, any time a brush touches a figure, that's another paint app charge. The factories that do a better job usually cost more. This is why the unpainted legion builders are so much cheaper than fully painted characters. This is also why a lot of retail lines will have unpainted details on figures.

These are just the two most expensive steps in the process. There's plenty more things like assembly, packaging, etc.
>>
>>6202131
I am honestly surprised we didnt see that head reused. Such a wasted potential. Would have loved to see what it looks like painted rather than transparent plastic. I like hagnon for what he is and the concept of him as a gheist or revenant. I am still getting him but as it stands he doesnt quite fit with my current skelly crew almost too clean, he needs maybe a dark grey wash to bring out the details in the sculpt.

Would have loved to see it with a paint scheme like illgar very rusty and patina look. Crossing my fingers for 2.5.
>>
>>6202135
Yeah, me too.
That said, I love the amount of different unique head sculpts we did get this round. The only repeats we really gor were the Elf legion builder/Shadow Elf, and Azza and FanEx.
>>
>>6202147
Honestly, I'm more interested to see what they come up with for whatever .5 or .75 wave they do. Once they've also had a chance to sit around and mess with their own production figures.
>>
>>6202059
>There's nothing wrong with asking for something, but it's unrealistic to expect the 4H to change one of the main pieces of their KS layout just because some people want it. Maybe they'll do a more muscular female buck in their next KS, but it's probably not going to happen this time because that would effect the rest of the figures.

It's not like the non-fighter females would suffer if they had to be given a bit more of muscle mass or definition. The 4H could perfectly buff the body and/or carve some muscles looking for a middle ground for fighters and non-fighters.

There are obviously a number of people who like the current body as it is as well as a number of people who haven't bothered giving their opinion, but I'd say that the more extended opinion is that there is a lack of muscle, so they could give the buck just some little buff.
>>
>>6202142
This is true and something like less than 1,500 backers isnt a very large customer base to make it sustainable for constant production. Even if they could double it. Surprised it hasnt appealed to a larger audience. The only reason why it is so succesful is because people are funding and average of 400$ pledges. Surprised there isnt a larger chunk of marvel or star wras buyers crossover. Or hell even I dunno tabletop fantasy gamers. These fill my want for figures of DnD parties and mobs. I spent a lot on reaper bones even though I dont play miniture /tg/ games but they were so cool I had to have them. I only knew about them because someone from /tg/ posted it here. They had something like 13k backers and 2.7m funding. Wish there was that type of cross over.
>>
>>6202171
I'm mostly fine with it as is. It's been looking a little more defined in some of the recent shots than it looked originally. But (and not to start the weird 4H vs BF argument), Boss Fight's women are about where I would want characters like Jjuno or the barbarian builder or the orcs to be, just for realism's sake (inb4 "this is fantasy"). The current sculpt looks fine for like Azza or Herra.
>>
>>6202179
Agreed.
>>
>>6202156
Its the american dream to set out on your own and start a business or do something you would actually love to do. Sure some people find that they love what they do and make enough money working for someone else but a vast majority dont want to work a dead end job they hate and would rather be their own boss, make money their own way, and do something they care about.

And lets face it, its not like mattel is doing all that good and contracting them enough.
>>
>>6202023
How is that dwarf? I'm new to this line
>>
>>6202179
Yeah, to be honest I think a body with more muscle would suit even non-fighters like Azza and friends.

In a setting like Mythic Legions, if I had to chose a single buck to suit all types of females I'd rather have all fit than all unfit.
>>
>>6202194
You do know Mattel isn't the only one that uses them right?

Of course you don't, or you wouldn't be making such stupid remarks.
>>
>>6202206
I want it to be cut and have definition. Doesn't need bulk.
>>
>>6202194
Pretty sure they like working with Mattel and their other clients. They already started their own business, it's called Four Horsemen Studios.
>>
>>6202218
Yeah, that that would be an option for now. Lean and cut mages and barbarians now, buff barbarians later. I'd settle for them carving some muscle definition on the current buck for now.
>>
>>6202179

This is kind of gross to be honest.

The ML women already have thick arms and look sexy enough without rippling bodybuilder definition.
>>
I want to add Ironjaw but I want to see how he'll look like painted before I make my decision
>>
>>6202256
>rippling bodybuilder definition
That's just a sixpack and some mild definition to the arms.
>>
>>6202262
Just wait for the backerkit then. They should have the pics by that point.
>>
>>6202286
I don't even know why I didn't think of that lol thanks anon
>>
>> Next stretch goal will be a Dark Elf Weapons pack per 4H

Looks like the figures are done but not the accessories
>>
>>6202433
Im pretty sure its just going to be the elf weapons pack but in a new color scheme for dark elves. I dont think its going to be new molding.
>>
>>6202179

That would be just awful, hell no.
>>
>>6202038
>>6202041

Yeah who thought that it wasn't going to be female? She's like the essence of nature it doesn't bother me that she has horns.
>>
I figured that this could be as good of a place as any to ask, but is there any way to get a Malleus figure? I've tried looking on eBay and other apps and sites, but I can't find any for sale.
>>
>>6202562
No you're kinda fucked till they reissue it at some point and you'll have to deal with another delay after delay and worse paint apps.
>>
>>6202562

See the 1.0 Reissue link in OP's note- just have to play the waiting game but you get it for retail at least
>>
>>6202566
I doubt Malleus will get reissued. He's one of the last named character to sell out on BBTS, as I remembered very clearly that I was tinkering to get him until the very last minute.
>>
>>6202592
He's part of the all stars he's bound to get reissued. Its just having him reissued will be gamble due to how horrible their last reissue release was.
>>
>>6202565
>>6202566
Yeah, I heard about the 1.0 reissue but I wanted to see if I could find one from the first wave for fear of drop in quality. Like at this point I wouldn't mind paying scalper prices for one so long as its a "reasonable" price but I figured I'd ask here first to see if there was another site I could try or something.
>>
>>6202603
What do you consider reasonable? I have a second Malleus that was sent to me by shipping error but I'm using his armor skirt as part of a custom, tho it's undamaged.
>>
>>6202610
Well, on average the ML figures sell for somewhere around $50- $70 on eBay, so I was thinking maybe somewhere around there?
>>
File: vg.jpg (199KB, 1024x835px) Image search: [Google]
vg.jpg
199KB, 1024x835px
painted
>>
>>6202633
Please tell me that domino mask thing is removable.

Otherwise pretty nice
>>
>>6202633

Doesn't look very cool imo. Wish the face was just a skull, too. Will just get another skeleton builder instead.
>>
>>6202633
About what I expected, though I was hoping the purple would be more prevalent on her headpiece, filling in the gaps between the ribbed accents.
>>
>>6202633
Hmmm, not as great as I imagined. Will wait for actual promo pics for further judgement. Also i really hope they plan on giving her a different painted staff. Gold doesnt go with her. Thats the one thing that was dissapointing about that weapons pack. The gold staff did not at all match the two staff heads it came with at all.
>>
>>6202633
meh. the mask could have been red or something
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 774x1032px
>>6202633
Could use a little more lich, a lot less mardi gras looking. The headress is a bit dissapointing. That armor could use some weathering.
>>
>>6202610
>>6202625
That's just a guesstimate, though. I'm totally willing to negotiate, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 159x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 159x320px
>>6202642
I think the lighting is making it look all silver, here it seems to have some purple almost pearlescent look to it.

>>6202658
I agree shes still way too shiny and new looking, needs more decay. Like her brothers.

Please god though, I hope we can plug bone wings into her. Whatever gadriel has make it work.

Have they ever confirmed how exactly gadriel can use wings? Does she have plugs on her and if so why didnt they include it on the other new bodies? Freja the valk would look great with wings.
>>
>>6202633
Looks alright, but not a must-have for me. Would probably get if I weren't trying to keep myself under/around $300.
>>
>>6202633

Source here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grNMbNP9G0g
>>
>>6202677
Oh, okay, yeah, I'm cool with it, then.
She, Vorgus, and Mandibulus are gonna be my trio of evil.
>>
>>6202685
i want aza spiritbender now.

also that's hardcore that 4H finished that figure during toy fair
>>
Newbie question, but:
We"ll for sure be able to add to our pledge in backerkit, right?
>>
>>
>>6202821

She's like rule 63 Skeletor who killed an alien queen and took its crest for a mask.
>>
>>6202821
Headress still looks silver... Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>6202821
Awww, that's a little disappointing. I'm considering holding out in the hopes that they'll use that head for something else in a .5 wave.

I just think it looks weird since those more the vampire colors than the skeletons.
>>
>>6202821
Yeah, I'm not feeling the headdress either.
>>
>>6202633
Eh, honestly I'm not really feeling it.
>>
>>6202821
SKELETITS WARRIORS
>>
>>6202821
Oh, I just got that it's supposed to kinda look like their crest.
>>
>>6202754
Yep, that's what i'll be doing.

I'm just pledging for Hagnon and i'll add more and more into the backerkit as i can afford it.
>>
>>6202821
headdress needs to be red or something.
>>
>>6202861
So how does the backerkit work?
>>
>>6202868
Pretty much the same as an online store, really. The amount you pledged in the campaign counts as credit that you can spend on anything and you can add more things to your cart and just pay for those.
>>
>>6202878
Not him, but when is the limit when backerkit closes and when do you need to actually pay?

Can you change, add your order like 6-8 months from now? How about the payment?
>>
>>6202900
It's up to whoever sets up the backerkit how long they have it open, but i think two to three months at least is a safe bet.

Payment aught to work the same as kickstarter does.
>>
>>6202821

This is one of those times when I hope that enough of the "Legion" on the forums begs for an alternate head lol.

I'm surprised they made a whole new chest for this. It's nice but it seems unnecessary.
>>
>>6202821
Eh what's with the phantom of the opera mask? Kinda meh, she should've had more trinkets, like the bone wings, etc
>>
>>6202256
Found the homo.
>>
>>6202821
mmm a more subdued head would be great. Don't like the color either.
>>
File: 545474.jpg (196KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
545474.jpg
196KB, 680x682px
>>6202821

Hmm could work as a leader of the builder sets with a head swap... Kind of has an Evil-Lynn look with the black head.
>>
>>6202821
Jezzuz my interest in this figure dropped real quick on seeing this.

If I could I'd drop the face makeup, give some paint flourish to the crown and maybe bleach the bones more? The yellowing seems off with the purple/silver Femme Skeletor. Also lose the sword & give her an artifact instead.

Ah well...
>>
>>6202633
I was hoping for some Tomb Kings color scheme but it's not that bad.
>>
>>6202633
I actually like it, even the mask over her eyes and stuff. Definite buy for me.
>>
>>6202821
hate to put more on the dogpile but....

>generic staff and sword

Come on four horsemen, something unique, at least that necro dagger that's in the weapons pack
>>
>>6202949
is it possible they just gave it whatever weapons they had on hand so it wouldn't be empty-handed, and that's not what it will really come with?
>>
File: Add on 02.21.17 4chan.jpg (621KB, 1100x2800px) Image search: [Google]
Add on 02.21.17 4chan.jpg
621KB, 1100x2800px
4 days to go

Still waiting on the announcement on what the "super all-in" pledge will be & what it includes (just figures? figures+weapon packs?) but to get one of every figure, weapon pack & assuming an initial pledge of the Deluxe Builder to shave a few bucks on shipping?

$1432

Even though we've unlocked the last stretch I'll still be updating when (if) painted prototypes are revealed.
>>
>>6202906
>three months

Wrong. It's three weeks.

>"We currently think we'll leave the Backerkit open for about three weeks, but that's not set in stone at this point."

the last KS had it open for about 4 weeks but that was due to people requesting an extra week so they could buy more.
>>
>>6202963
>hat it includes (just figures? figures+weapon packs?)
from the website
>This set will include one of every figure and one of every weapons pack that we end up revealing in the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay Kickstarter campaign at a slightly discounted price.
>>
>>6202972
ok thanks
>>
>>6202821
The headdress really needs to incorporate more colors to highlight the sculpted details. Having all that purple on the body and then the headdress just being stark, plain silver is a bad design choice IMO.
>>
>>6202956
Then that makes it worse. Why would they do that on a goddamn promo pic, that's incredibly unprofessional
>>
>>6203018
Getting caught wasn't part of their plan, senpai.
>>
Anyone have one of the ML skeletons and the revoltech skeleton that could post a comparison shot?
>>
File: Boneheight.jpg (436KB, 900x793px) Image search: [Google]
Boneheight.jpg
436KB, 900x793px
>>6203039
>>
>>6202992
It just looks way off for some reason.
>>
>SPECIAL 4PACK FOR THE BARBARIAN AND SKELETON TROOPS
>$120 instead of $132

Eh, think I'll just stick the two.
>>
>>6203051
How do you like the creatureplica werewolf? I've highly considered getting one to go with my ML and medieval fantasy figures.
>>
>>6203078
Not that guy but a lot of those things feel like a downgrade from the promo/prototypes in that the paint didn't come out nearly as nice as it should have. It feels really patchy and low quality. The figure itself is fine otherwise, just go look at some video reviews of the final thing to see if you're ok with how the final painted thing came out.

I'm disappointed mostly because I wasn't buying these for awesome action poses, I was buying them to stand there looking spooky/creepy/cool on a shelf. So the downgrade in paint apps is pretty annoying.
>>
>>6203103
>>6203078
Im not the guy who posted the pic either, but i also have it and I got the werewolf specifically to play with and pose, and he's pretty limited. He's also super top heavy, event when you plant him into his base, he'll eventually fall over because he can't support himself. I can't remember how much he was, but i remember thinking that he wasn't worth it, but if you can find him for a good price, i say he's not terrible figure, just underwhelming.
>>
>>6203103
When do mass produced figures ever look as good as the prototype?
>>
>>6203051
Is that revo the same height as the one that comes with the horned heads?
>>
>>6202963
Are these really gonna take 18-24 months to release? I want to try the line but paying $100 now for two figures I'm going to see in 2019 doesn't seem worth it
>>
>>6203151
Where are you getting 24? they will probably be 12-18
>>
>>6203154
>they will probably be 12-18
Every KS ever ever has been delayed. Assume late 2018 early 2019
>>
>>6203154
At the bottom of the post I was replying to
>>
>>6202821
She kinda looks like an eggplant wizard from Kid Icarus.
>>
>>6203078
I am the guy who posted the original pic and I love my big bad wolf. That said, I agree with the other two that he is indeed not AS awesome as he could be, but he's still a lot of fun to have looming over Legions.

He is top heavy, he does have limited articulation and his paint isn't perfect, but he's a pretty damn awesome giant wolf man. I look forward to more releases from the line, the next wave should have some cool stuff (Mothman and wendigo iirc).

>>6203144
I honestly don't know and always wondered that myself. Apparently, no one who's bought one has bought the other. Or at least no one who has both thought to take a pic of them side by side.

>>6203169
The first MY KS was at most 3 months late, and most of that came from USPS giving them false quotes. That said, your timeframe is more or less accurate, sometime in late 2018 is probably the best bet for getting these guys.

In the mean time they'll do more wave 1 stuff, and even some new stuff with the wave 1 parts.

>>6203151
It's worth it. Most KS run the risk of the runners not delivering at all, but the 4H have already shown they bring the goods and they're indeed good. They may not be perfect, super high quality show room presentation paragons of excellence, but they're damn fine toys that are fun to play with and do look good on a shelf.

Drop your 100 and forget about it until you get a surprise on your doorstep a year and a half from now.
>>
Hmm is Gryshaa black/brown-skinned?

I just noticed that the hands don't have the same "leather glove patch" on them that the Elf Ranger has. I liked it being fully "anonymous."
>>
>>6203191
I mean, you could insist that he is, but it looks like the same glove color as the dark elf soldier and he's blue.
>>
>>6203181
>Drop your 100 and forget about it until you get a surprise on your doorstep a year and a half from now.
Just make sure to update your shipping info when they ask about it if you move. I'm shipping mine to my parents' for now just in case something happens and I forgot to update when we move later this year.
>>
>>6203196
Before they start shipping they'll send confirmation emails to all backers to make sure their info is up to date. I actually backed figures and moved before they were shipped (on both the legions and the birds iirc) and I just changed my address after the move and had no problems.
>>
>>6203200
Oh I know. I'm just paranoid. I've done it on other KSes.
>>
>>6203151
I'm the guy who makes the lists & it's meant to be taken as a joke...but understand there will be delays, allocations, transport issues, not to mention that this KS has a huge amount of figures to produce.

And personally? I'm still short 6 Skellys from the order I placed on Friday, May 8, 2015 so from my personal experience it is not entirely unjustified as an estimate.
>>
>>6203233
>I'm still short 6 Skellys from the order I placed on Friday, May 8, 2015

That's what worries me actually. I plan to order the 4 pack of the Skeleton builders and I'm hopingg to even at least get 1 out of this.
>>
More Angles of the display:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=417&itemid=28370

Im getting the whole Flock (Fuck yeah, Xylona! Artemyss is my girl too) and cherry picking the other factions hoping to stay under a grand here- some tough decisions to make

>>6203191
Gryshaa is the Boba Fett of the line, definitely a must grab
>>
>>6203181
>Most KS run the risk of the runners not delivering at all
Have there been any toy or minis lines from kickstarter that never got produced?

I'm 8 for 8, so I guess i must be lucky when it comes to backing stuff?
>>
any pictures or delphina or freya of deadhalls' alternate face?
>>
File: IMG_3399.png (545KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3399.png
545KB, 640x1136px
>>6203191
Others also don't have the leather patch and definitely don't have brown skin. So Gryshaa is still completely anonymous
>>
i like the fem body but i think the bottom part seems to slope outwards? i feel like they should mod it a bit
>>
>>6203571
Maybe a dumb question, but is there a torso joint in addition to the waist joint? Like under the breasts?
>>
>>6203582
Yes.
>>
>>6203018
Quit fucking bitching about nothing at all. Holy hell.
>>
Hey, so, anyone here take part in the first KS? Did adding stuff on in the backerkit cost the same as simply pledging for addons? I'm thinking of dropping a few things from my pledge and doing it through the backerkit thanks to an unexpected expense popping up.
>>
>>6203791
Yep the price in the backerkit will be the same. I'm thinking of doing the same
>>
File: 1487723928586.png (185KB, 680x532px) Image search: [Google]
1487723928586.png
185KB, 680x532px
Ok now I'm fucked up... I'm from Europe and I want the female forest spirit but I never buyed this way things...

XYLONA: US add $33 / international add $40

this means if I pay 40 I will have this figure to my country? I need to add a dollar plus or smething more?
How they will know I want this exact figure?
my credit card will go off in a couple of months (It needs to be renovated), when they will take my monney?

Is the first time I do this stuff and I'm afraid to lose this figure...
>>
>>6203819
Xylona can only be done as an "add on" which means you'll have to pledge at the least $30 level for some other figure and then add on the $40.

Read this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s/posts/1793731
>>
>>6203813
Sweet. I'll be able to grab a few I was wishy washy on too then.
>>
>>6203822
why I need to grab other figure if I just only want this one?

after this kickstarter we will have a preorder? If I miss this figure I will have later the oportunity to preorder it? when we will have the preorder?
>>
>>6203828
There's a larger risk of not getting what you want if you don't do it with the kickstarter.
>>
>>6203571
The females look a lot better under better lighting. They look like they have some physique
>>
>>6202023
>All Stretch Goals Unlocked
> the weapons in this pack will be Vampire/Shadow inspired and will also fit in well with Shadow Elves. It be painted in very sinister looking combinations of dark metallics, blacks, reds, purples and more. Also, all shields will now come with both an arm clip and a handle so you can choose how your legions wield them!
>>
>>6203828
That's the way they do their kickstarters, probably to avoid having 100+ reward tiers to choose from (domestic and international).

You will have a preorder opportunity at some point, but it will cost slightly more per figure at that time. Is there nothing in the initial pledge options you like?
>>
>>6203882
the thing is... I would love to have a image with all the initial pledge figures

I'm not a rich man, I need to be carefull in what I spend my monney, this deer forest spirit is the figure I want the most (sorry for my bad english)
>>
>That Brazilian witch hunt going on in the forums right now

Man, I don't miss the traditional forums stupid bullshit at all.
>>
>>6203893
wait for the preorders
>>
>>6203895
Wait, what's happening?
>>
>>6203897
Some guy rallying for the ban of a bunch of Brazilian IPs because he thinks they're the same person.
>>
well it does explain why the fanex is so hideous if it's some guy from brazil.
>>
>>6203899
>>6203895

People there take that fan voted figure WAY too seriously.
>>
>>6203953
Most toy-based forums, and just toy collectors in general, take things way to seriously. That's why I mostly hang out here. /toy/ might be populated by a bunch of assholes, but there are no names and no reputations so stuff can just end.
>>
>>6203959
>take things way to seriously
that's every niche hobby and especially 4chan.
>>
So alternate heads being stretch goals is pretty cool (vs not getting them at all). Although I kind of wish the goblin builder would come with the Nubnik head instead.
>>
>>6203959
>so stuff can just end.
Every version of this thread proves that wrong.
They always turn into into a dick waving contest between the same 2 or 3 autists, driving out everybody else, and causing the mods to have to delete 1/3 of the thread just to restore the status quo.
And then it starts over again in the next thread.
So yeah, nothing "just ends'.
>>
>>6202633

SO! FUCKING! CLOSE! Why the mask 4H!? WHY!?!?!?
>>
>>6203881
My bird boys can always use more weapons, so hell yeah.
>>
>>6203959
I agree. For all its faults I like it here.
>>
>>6203881

The shield in this weapon pack or all shields in the KS?
>>
>>6203571
It slopes out because she's sucking her stomach in
>>
>>6203895
Hue hue hue. Yeah Im so over forums but enjoying this butthurt.

>>6203897
Some autist is scapegoating because the FanEx figure didnt go his way. People are bitter the fanex didn't turn out a certain way, like the little red riding hood meme. It turned into a shit show because there was no cohesion from the start. They just chased whatever looked cool at the moment rather than an end goal. That and it seemed like people voted just to spite another guys idea.

Now this one autist is claiming theres a brazilian shitposter that made multiple accounts to vote a certain way. Specifically the blue vs red cloak which came down to one vote. Even if thats true the other vote rounds were not close at all and IM find it hard to believe one person made this fanex hot garbage. It was all the fucking autists chasing a different concept almost every round. No cohesion and now it looks like shit.

Tl;dr forum politics and autists eating each other and looking for someone to blame for the fanex looking like utter garbage no one is happy with.
>>
File: Initial_Pledges.jpg (637KB, 1540x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Initial_Pledges.jpg
637KB, 1540x1074px
>>6203893
>I would love to have a image with all the initial pledge figures

Something like this for quick reference?
>>
>>6203996
Just this weapon pack which is the elf one except painted all 'evil'
>>
>>6204023
No for all shields in the Ks.
>Also, all shields will now come with both an arm clip and a handle so you can choose how your legions wield them!

Why would they give the clip to just that one pic only thats stupid. the pluralization denotes all shields.
>>
>>6204009
Yeah I dont buy the brazilian meme. People said all along that round they didnt want to go red because they did red last time and the little red riding hood thing was stupid. The guy is just looking for someone to blame because it did not go the way he wanted.

I had a thought about how to improve the FanEx system and do it in a way thats like an rpg character builder
>male/female
>race
>class concept ie rogue, fighter, mage
>armor types
Then have all the options for armor rounds at the same time so it could be coordinated at the same time or something.

What hurt it was each round had a concept people jumped onto, like it was a cleric, then oooh wonder woman, no xena, no rogue and it just turned into a concept mash up no one really likes.
>>
>>6204011
thanks anon, I already learned how things work, I was a little bit lost...

the thing is the figures I like are not in the main line and since I want to see the rest of the body and the color of the deer forest spirit thing...

Maybe the best for me is wait for the preorder, this way I will be sure to buy exactly what I want, my only problem is the fear Xylona will not be... since you guys are more experienced in this company, do you think is very possible we will have this figure once the preorders will be on?

How much months you think we will wait until the preorder?
>>
I just dropped my pledge by 99 bucks. I feel more confident in my money situation, but now I'm really hoping the backerkit goes for a month or two so I can grab the ones I wanted a little less.
>>
>>6204076
Why dont you get an elf builder as xylonia's minion? Or an evil guy to be the enemy! Why just get one? 2 is always better. She will likely be up for pre order but you will have stay on the lookout for when. Pre orders will also likely ship like 3-6months after KS orders come in. May as well lock it in now unless you really do not like any of the initial offerings.
>>
>>6204076
Hopefully we'll see the deer lady painted up and complete before the end of the kickstarter.

>>6204083
They've said it'll be open for three weeks (plus it'll be a while before the backerkit even starts), but I figure people will ask for an extension to that anways, they always do.
>>
>>6204083
Yeah im basically doing my 600$ order in two parts. Putting down half in KS and paying the other half at backer kit. I wouldnt count on it lasting more than a month though. They need the backer kit numbers in so they can get the final tallys and actually put their order into production. Any time extra just delays that order.
>>
>>6204096
>order in two parts
Same. I know it's all works out to the same amount, and I could easily afford to just do it all now, but honestly it just makes me feel better to split it up. Maybe stuff changes or something happens irl. It's not like my couple hundred is going to be the difference in meeting a goal anyway.
>>
Next stretch goal is a Gonxx helmeted head for the goblin legion builder.
>>
>>6204109
I'm surprised it's the Gonxx helmet, Knubnik's seems more generic. Although I guess the one that covers the face makes more sense for an army builder.
>>
>>6204114
I might just drop gonxx now and get two builders as the kings guards.
>>
>>6204109
Aww poor Gonxx now he's nothing special and just a recolored legion builder, just like Owain, Galeron, Tibius, etc.
>>
>>6203996
All of the Kickstarter. They mentioned this earlier.
>>6203973
I think Gonxx's head is just Nubnik's with a visor added.
>>
>>6204119
I think the's still worth it to be just for the rusted dwarf body and warhammer.
>>
>>6204134
Yeah, I still like him but I'm trying to cut my pledge down and it's a good excuse.
>>
These vampire/shadow weapons sound cool as fuck. I was already going to get the elf weapons, but I'm grabbing this instead
>>
>>6204127
Nah he's not goblin sized. He's rocking a dwarf body to account for being ripped (for a goblin)
>>
File: 1466440406237.jpg (77KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1466440406237.jpg
77KB, 927x380px
Will the Backerkit be the same price as the kickstarter add-ons, or more? I don't remember from last time. Also, will we have to pay additional shipping?
>>
Will backers get charged automatically as soon as the kickstarter campaign ends?
>>
>>6204182

Sounds like the posters in this thread...

>>6204183
Whatever you have pledged will get charged right away, then they'll send out backerkits and you'll be able to add more then and be charged then for those additions.
>>
>>6204182
But, Aliens from the Aliens series are all about rape metaphors? How are they upset about this?

>>6204174
Backerkit prices are identical to the add-on prices. Backerkit is how you specify what add-ons you want, and it also allows you to add more if you want, and pay the difference if it is more than you included in your pledge. No additional shipping because your backerkit response IS your Kickstarter order.
>>
God, I really hate other toy collectors. That's why this is the only place I talk about them.
>>
>>6204182
>>6204186
Wow, I thought we were supposed to be the cancer of the internet

On another note, do we know what colours the evil weapons pack will have?
>>
>>6204061
>>male/female
>>race
>>class concept ie rogue, fighter, mage
>>armor types

Yeah, that'd really work well actually. Someone should bring this up to the 4H.
>>
>>6204232
Should probably throw "Faction" in there too. It'd add a lot to the direction.
>>
Kind of a bummer that the elf builder has three heads but we have to hit another 15k to get an armored goblin.
>>
What exactly is the backerkit? What's the benefit to doing that over the initial pledge method?
>>
the all-in savings are not that great. weird since wouldn't they save in shipping?
>>
>>6204330
You can actually choose what you spend your money on.
>>
>>6204349
when is the backerkit available? I had to pledge for a figure I didn't want because all the figures I wanted were add-ons only.
>>
>>6204360
I'm pretty sure Four Horsemen themselves did an FaQ on it, maybe check that out.
>>
>>6204360
Ah bloo bloo bloo. Sell it and make your money back. Tired of this stale meme.
>>
>Backerkit looks kind of like an online store where you'll go in order to identify all of the Add-Ons you want to have included in your Kickstarter pledge, as well as where you'll enter all of your shipping information. First, in a week or so after the Kickstarter has finished we'll open up the Backerkit, and you'll receive a message to the email address that you provided for the Kickstarter which will include link that will take you to the Backerkit site. Once at the Backerkit site, you'll notice that your pledge level will already be included and the money for that will be accounted for, but the remaining money that you used to increase your pledge will now have been turned into "credit" that can be used in order to pick and choose which of the Add-On items that you'll want. You just add those items to your cart until you've used up all of the "credit" and then check out. The Backerkit will then make note of all of your choices and we'll be automatically informed of that. You can also purchase even more items while you're shopping in Backerkit by using a credit card, and you can come back as many times as you'd like during the time that the Backerkit is open to add even more items to your list, if you'd like. We currently think we'll leave the Backerkit open for about three weeks, but that's not set in stone at this point.
So does this mean I can just back them with like 18 right now and get my goblin? Or do I have to get the elf legion builder plus 18 on top of the 30 to be able to select it?
>>
So if I were pledge for half of what I want now, then get half of what I want in the backerkit, they'll be charged separately?

This is my first kickstarter in general, let alone Mythic Legions KS, so I just wanna make sure I know how it works.
>>
>>6204445

Yep

You get charged for the pledge. the backerkit charges for the rest of what you pledge while using the backerkit.

easy
>>
>>6204450
Nice. I think I'll lower my pledge to half then, that's a lot more convenient for me to be charged twice than all at once.

Thanks my guy
>>
>>6203881
well shit didn't think I'd be adding anything else
>>
I hope we eventually get some cool figures in more cloth outfits.

I get armor is optimal for part swappingcompatibility and I'm fine with that being what they started with and what the line will be mostly comprised of, but I'd love stuff like a Gimli style dwarf wearing a tunic over chainmail, and other stuff like that.
>>
>>6203571
If only all of her hair had been braided like that.
>>
>>6204649
i kind of like the dykey half-hawk. a ginger with cornrows is too much for me
>>
>>6204694
Yeah, I think it works for a barbarian character.

Like if she was a fully armored knight who just had that hairstyle for no reason i'd get the outrage, but for the look she has it's fine.
>>
540k stretch goal unlocked and well on the way to 555k. What do you want to see?
>>
555k is an alternate head for the Shadow Warrior. The same armored head the Elf Legion Builder is getting.
>>
>>6204061
>male/female
For some reason the 4H didn't want to propose such a direct choice. That said, the first round of voting more or less came down to this as the second most popular body option was the one male body type they had in the vote. It still lost by a large amount, but it was clearly the second favorite choice.

>race
This choice is decided simply by the head. And even then you could choose different heads for different races.

>class concept ie rogue, fighter, mage
This is...kind of useless in narrowing down how a figure will look. People could have voted for a Mage...and then build it with full armor, or mostly naked or any other combo of parts. This isn't a video game were each "Class" can only equip certain gear, every character can use any part and be more or less anything. For example, Jorund in the first KS was a magic dwarf, unless you put on his alt head which would just make him a blue dwarf warrior.

>armor types
You mean vote on a full, singular set of armor that encompasses the whole figure? Kind of defeats the point of having mix-and-match parts.

>What hurt it was each round had a concept people jumped onto, like it was a cleric, then oooh wonder woman, no xena, no rogue and it just turned into a concept mash up no one really likes.
The most popular concepts right from the first round were Elf Ranger for male, or Human Rogue for female. For the most part the votes pushed towards human rogue, with the only real hiccups being the belt choice and more importantly the colors. Despite many people wanting a rogue type character, the choice of colors used more or less killed that concept and what we have now is something much less defined. While certain people wanted "Xena" and "Wonder Woman", those were very few, fairly vocal people and there was never a chance of those designs winning.

>>6204232
This idea was actually talked about a week or two before the KS launched. It was shot down for the reasons listed above and then some.
>>
>>6204131
Gonxx has a different head, the cracks and dents are different and the mouth piece is molded in place with nothing under it.

>>6204329
There's no chance of these goals not getting unlocked, the last two days alone will probably double the current total. Honestly, I think they should've used stretch goals like this sooner to amp up people on these new builders and older characters. The two Knight Legion Builders should also get alt heads and I can totally see the Dark Elf boss getting the alt head from the Elf Ranger as a bonus as well. Maybe if we keep going we can get them to throw in the Barbarian Barbut with Jjuno as well.
>>
>>6204768
I really want an alternate Delphina head (as do others, judging from the KS comments), but since it would probably have to be a new sculpt, I don't think it's likely.
>>
I guess they're not gonna use that extra bullish head that comes with the Barbarian Builder on anything else yet.

Anyways the more things with "faceless" heads the better imo I hope they keep adding them to legion builders.
>>
>>6204800
I'm surprised they didn't use it for the Skeleton Builder.
>>
File: DSC00661_1.jpg (3MB, 2936x5032px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00661_1.jpg
3MB, 2936x5032px
Well well, guess what the troll despite his limited articulation sacrificing for sculpt, still paint scrape like a bitch.

The troll is molded in semi flesh tone color. I don't mind the scrape if it is on the "flesh" side that is similar in color, but on the rock/grey side it looks pretty ugly. Also remember the size of this thing, so the scrapes are massive.

The 4H really need to get their shit together with paint scraping on their figures
>>
File: samp-a.jpg (223KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
samp-a.jpg
223KB, 640x433px
Armor color voting up. Well it's certainly going to be... bright. Man how did we get here from a D&D cleric, a black rogue, an edgy skeleton wizard, and a Wonder Woman?
>>
>>6204961
Eh not my cup of tea. Looks very out of place compared to other figures.
>>
>>6204961
Holy fuck those are ugly, these colors plus everyone voting to make the armor dirty as fuck is gonna equal one shitty figure.
>>
Geez, with 68 all-ins we are burning through these extra heads.
>>
>>6204961
i guess 7 is tolerable.

i guess.
>>
>>6204942
Oh god. I might just leave these in their box and sell them. I'm visiting my parents this weekend and was going to pick them up since that's where I had them shipped just to be safe.
>>
>>6205013
it's kind of weird since it doesn't seem like the all-in saves you that much money?
>>
>>6205020
and you get stuck with that ugly fanex figure, so that puts you out $33
>>
>>6204961
>Armor color voting up. Well it's certainly going to be... bright. Man how did we get here from a D&D cleric, a black rogue, an edgy skeleton wizard, and a Wonder Woman?
>>6205010
>Holy fuck those are ugly, these colors plus everyone voting to make the armor dirty as fuck is gonna equal one shitty figure.
As an artist/writer I can explain this. The average person either thinks what we do is "easy" or "impossible" but in both cases they are incapable of making the same smart design choices an artist would. Artists study the visual world in depth in order to obtain and refine their skills. So we are always looking how patterns, shapes and colors harmonize with one another to create the most aesthetically appealing thing possible. Or depending on the emotion we want to evoke in people we may make something purposely unappealing to repulse people.

Simply put...the moment they gave this much direct control over every step of the process is the moment it was doomed to fail. Especially when you're dealing with all the politics of the forum and certain people pushing for specific design goals trying to rally behind something. There was a large number of people intent on making some kind of gaudy brown skinned superhero and that's exactly what we're going to get. We didn't even get "fantasy color" skin tones to choose from because the dude was intent on getting more brown characters. You can see all his pushing and nudging for this result.
>>
>>6205034
Artist with a degree and job here, can confirm. Design by committee rarely turns out well. How did we get the blood knight last time?
>>
>>6205038
we had fewer options
>>
hi i'm retarded. how do the new stretch goal heads work? how do i buy them?
>>
>>6205061
they're added to existing characters.
>>
400% funded. That's just crazy.
>>
Just to confirm, They have NOT released the parts list right?
>>
What's absolute horse shit about the last kickstarter for me was they didn't ship my pledged items first but items I bought in stock a year later.

People might want to keep that in mind before pledging a crazy amount like I did because they tend to prioritize things differently.

I'm probably going to get a lot of flake for this but that really sucked.
>>
File: 1480550287836.jpg (98KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
1480550287836.jpg
98KB, 800x806px
>>6205233
good, hope they use that money fixing the paint and broken articulation/shield problems, these guys are supposed to have some experience in the toy industry and those mistakes are really sad and disappointing, hope they will improve and fix all those problems, they really need to work on that
>>
>>6205253
I mean, I agree that it is something that needs to be worked on, but as has been stated many times, they have much less control over that than you seem to understand. I do agree that they need to be stricter with whatever factory is producing these though.
>>
>>6204942
I have that figure, and that's not "massive" at all. You're overreacting.
>>
Where are people seeing the various new extra parts stretch goals? Last I saw mentioned was the extra helmet for the gobbo. Nothing after that on KS or FB.
>>
Was waiting to see what all got revealed before I wanted to pledge, but after seeing how fucking ridiculously high the international initial pledge levels are (ontop of the cost bump) I said fuck it. There are only 3 or 4 figures I want and they're not really worth that. I'll wait and pay a little bit of extra for them when they're released.
>>
File: stretch goal.png (194KB, 612x742px) Image search: [Google]
stretch goal.png
194KB, 612x742px
>>6205330
>Nothing after that on KS or FB
Did you even bother looking at the KS page?
>>
>>6205253
>> these guys are supposed to have some experience in the toy industry

Not trolling but it's experience making "American" toys with embedded joints and less precision all around. So I mean even at their best they aren't going to be as nice as a Figuarts.
>>
>>6205354
This anon is making a good point. They are more experienced at making cheaper mass produced toys than collectors' grade figures.
>>
File: Barbarian Ass.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian Ass.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I just got the Templar Legion Builder and the Barbarian Builder set from BBTS.
The Templar is fine, but there's still obvious flashing on his pike.

Now onto the Barbarian. He confuses me a bit. All pictures of him I've seen seem to be lighter. Mine has a strong tan. The joints started loosing their paint almost immediately, but the plastic underneath matches his skin color, which makes it actually not bad. I have however seen Barbarian Builders loosing their paint and being white underneath.

What do your Barbarians look like? Have 4H maybe tried addressing the flacking paint and thus tanning the Barbarians?
>>
>>6205371

Wow that Templar halberd flash looks even worse close up. Disappointing because it's one of my favorite weapons.

The peeling joint paint isn't that big of a deal since it's usually just a little strip of excess slop that peels off, but yours does look a lot darker than mine.

And both versions look way darker and oranger than how it was original solicited. It ended up more like Conan than some lighter-skinned viking warrior.
>>
>>6205371
Paint coming off joints is pretty common for toys, you know, because they're joints. It's unfortunate but that's how it is.
>>
>>6205344

well i'm fucking retarded, only looked on their Update section.
>>
I have problems transforming the one bladed axe into the double bladed one. I just need to take off the little spike and replace it with the second axe blade, right?

Problem is, I can't separate the little spike. It's completely stuck. I think it might actually be glued on. Anything I can do?
>>
Next Stretch Goal: Helmetless Head for Knubnik. Guess newly sculpted heads are possible after all.
>>
>>6205424
Answer pls

Has anyone had the same problem?
>>
>>6205531
Wrap some pliers in duct tape (so it doesn't scratch the plastic) and pull it off. It's probably not glued, just stuck. Maybe warm it up first.
>>
Sorry if I'm retarded but, if I back them for a boarrior and 99 on top of the 45 I can pick my goblins when they send out the backerkit? Can I add more to the backer kit after the KS ends?
>>
>>6205592
Yes to both.
>>
>>6205596
Awesome
>>
>>6205334
You don't want to pledge to the KS because you feel their international prices are too high...so instead you'd rather wait and pay MORE money later on?

uwutm8?
>>
>>6205715
Theres opportunity cost associated with paying 2 years in an advance. People forget that there's an associated risk with backing KS and thought this is just an elaborate PO with fan participation for funzies.

There's a chance that a factory can fuck up and all the plastic come out gummies. There's a chance that paint would be worse than ever before. There's a chance that joints can be frozen solid (birds, cough cough) or coming out of production super loose because of error in tooling.

All these happens to the biggest dick of companies like Hasbro, GSC, etc. The difference with 4H and other KS project is that they're outsourcing the risk to fans wallet, rather than investors
>>
Alternate Knubnik head was unlocked

Further goals not yet announced
>>
>>6205531
>>6205424
i just shimmied mine off. put some effort into it
>>
>>6205737
You're insane. You're worrying about the most retarded chance of something going wrong for no reason at all.
>>
>>6206069
i backed this but hes actually not wrong. it's very,very unlikely to ever happen, but possible
>>
>>6206069
There have been a number of Kickstarters that failed to deliver because of fuck ups out of their control.

4H have the benefit of having done this before and working with a factory they've worked with before, so the risks are probably minimal for this project.
>>
>>6206069
>for no reason at all.
But there's absolutely precedence for things to go wrong. For example, just the latest one the 1.75 paints, joints, and molding were not as good quality compared to 1.0. The knight builder come out the wrong color, and the black knight had his red eye paint inexplicably missing. None of these were crippling serious issues, but nonetheless things like this happened, and it is not reasonable to have the 4H refund all of your 1.75 purchases, or send you a brand new figure due to the size of their company.

Another more serious episode is that the Raven KS all come out with frozen solid biceps. Literally almost all of them. I was a backer and I didn't know they had bicep swivel until way later on. You have to heat & pop it yourself, and on 2 of my figures the bicep became loose after heating & popping.

Again I'm not being a babby about it, but this is the kind of risk KS project outsource onto the wallet of the fans. If the container ship got lost in bermuda triangle during transport, there's nothing the 4H can do and they won't be able to refund all your purchases. That's just the risk of paying upfront, on paid to be made figures or any other products.
>>
>>6205371
I had the same situation myself with the stuff from BBTS. My Skalpular just has this weird shitty shading.

I planned to pledge up to 700 but I'll probably go for a measly 100 ish for now. The kickstarters done its job and I'm happy for it but I'll just wait for the conclusive products in hand just to save a few bucks and delays with shipping.
>>
>>6206211
>My Skalpular just has this weird shitty shading.
Has anyone just decided to say fuck it, and email the 4H about returning the figure and get a full refund, rather than keep doing half fixes? How far would their CS go?

I personally didn't have any outrageous QC issues on the 1.75 except for the commonly mentioned ones like loose joints and flashing issues especially on the halberds.
>>
File: IMG_3406.png (637KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3406.png
637KB, 680x682px
We're blasting through stretch goals right now.
Pic related has already been unlocked.
Now for every 15.000 four figures will get a weapon from one of the weapon packs
>>
>>6206215
I mean its a bummer and they never acknowledge it either.

I hope most of the new paint apps are actually fullfilled with the kickstarter. I don't understand why they left the red eyes out of the Black Knight out of pure laziness just to save a few cents.
>>
>>6206211
>My Skalpular just has this weird shitty shading.

got a picture of it? i'm interesting in buying skapular, but if it's really that bad ill pass.
>>
>>6206225

Welp, this went from not caring at all to needing a couple of them now. Also all the extra weapons and heads are making a lot of figures and even better value.
>>
>>6206225

That's pretty great that they're including a helmeted head. I wish it had his ears poking out the sides though....because that would be dumb and cute.
>>
>>6206200

Oh dear, i'm scared about Xylona's neck, I will do this ritual before moving it...
>>
>Delphina: Crossbow & Quiver from Knight & Elf Weapon pack
Might end up getting her after all. It's starting to look like I won't even need to buy the weapon packs.
>>
>>6206225
removing his animal/beast head is like removing what makes this figure special...
>>
>$598,285

The first ML KS was the most successful toy KS of it's time, and that was at $452,528. I think Bossfight beat it, though. Is this KS now the most successful toy KS?

>It's now at $602,300
>>
>>6206402
I'll be interested to see how Boss Fight's sword and sorcery line does. I personally plan to throw a shit load of money at it, more than this one for sure.
>>
>>6206399
Yeah, I think you'd just give it to him to hold.
>>
>>6206423
Same.

They look to be doing more traditional fantasy stuff and it looks more varied too.
I hope they can do dwarves and goblins.
>>
>>6206433
Not him, but I'd imagine that will look silly because the leopard head with snout and everything won't fit onto the bucket helmet
>>
>>6206434
>traditional fantasy stuff

How utterly boring.
>>
>>6205737
Alright, fair enough. Had it not been for the issues with 1.75 I would dismiss these worries as unwarranted. But with the undeniable problems those figures had, I can see people being wary of these new figures. I don't agree with those concerns as I'm sure the 4H will take steps to ensure those problems don't occur again, but I can understand them.

>>6206439
Considering all the crazy stuff I've seen cats stick their heads in, I can totally see Ba'lam fitting his big fuzzy mug in that tin can.
>>
>>6206444
Not anymore boring than just mostly doing fully armored knights.

Wearing the odd breast plate and other light armor is what adventurers wear, at least in most fantasy. It's a more interesting look and offers more variety.

Whereas the stuff mostly seen here is what knights that are supposed to be mounted wear.
Kinda odd that there are no horses or other mounts for this line, huh?
>>
>>6206399
Yeah this is like giving Gideon, the one character with most special head (with visor option up and down) an extra bucket helmet head. It is nice to have sure, but why would anyone display their Gideon with the bucket helmet.

Gobbo extra head, plus Knubnik extra head is nice though, because you can easily put Knubnik extra head onto gobbo legion builder extra head. Now there's 3 head for gobbo legion builder to choose from to make them look like an army but still fairly unique
>>
>>6206423
Any links? My googling is failing me
>>
>>6206459
>Kinda odd that there are no horses or other mounts for this line, huh?

Kinda odd that you don't do any research, huh? They're doing mounts next, horses, bears, possibly smaller dragons.
>>
File: gothitropolis vampire demon.jpg (67KB, 447x678px) Image search: [Google]
gothitropolis vampire demon.jpg
67KB, 447x678px
>>6206484
I hope not, because I've been waiting on these for nearly a like a decade now.

wait... so next as in 2 years from now, after this current KS ships? I hope they're doing staggered releases.
>>
File: 1487043688036.jpg (72KB, 680x636px) Image search: [Google]
1487043688036.jpg
72KB, 680x636px
so deluxe knight builder 2 is skeletits, right?
>>
Does Morgolyth's headdress come off, or does she come with a second head?
>>
>>6206464
>but why would anyone display their Gideon with the bucket helmet.

So you can buy multiples and have an elite unit of his personal guard at his side.

>>6206525
They've been wanting to do mounts since the line was in concept stages and even designed the figures to work well on horseback/riding things. Cornboy also mentioned that they'd like to introduce mounts by the next KS (if not before, similar to the Trolls) but that they will be coming.

>>6206568
...what? The Deluxe Knight Builder 2 is a Knight...with lots of parts. Skeletits is the Skeleton Soldier Builder, which is a different figure entirely.
>>
>>6206469
Most of the info came during their last KS. Just Google for like "boss fight orc" and stuff to see the design sheets.
>>
>>6206580
is it not on the backer list as a standalone item? I haven't done kickstarter before, I just want that and Hagnon
>>
>>6206583
The knight is so cool. I wish they'd hurry up and produce this line. I don't much care for the Spartans.
>>
>>6206589
Scroll down the KS page to the text under the stand image, read that.
>>
>>6206606
oh
I just figured that out after reading the OP and checking the KS, sorry for asking a dumb question
>>
File: 1472525765639.jpg (95KB, 745x751px) Image search: [Google]
1472525765639.jpg
95KB, 745x751px
>>6206609
s'all good
>>
>>6206609
It's all good. Everyone has to learn at some point.
>>
File: dragon slaying friends 1500.jpg (850KB, 1500x1254px) Image search: [Google]
dragon slaying friends 1500.jpg
850KB, 1500x1254px
>>6206612
>>6206615
thanks anons
>>
>>6206399
He'll still have his tail showing
>>
>>6206225
damn I love his color scheme, glad I picked him
>>
File: knight.jpg (544KB, 717x1000px) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
544KB, 717x1000px
It's a pretty simple custom, but how did I do?
>>
>>6206628
Ever since they showed off Unkann, I've been on the fence of whether I actually want him or not. I've wanted at least one "Heroic" looking unique Orc from the start and he's certainly different from the others. But I just don't know how much I like that orange armor of his. Some pics have it as bright and garish and cartoonish and others have it dulled down and almost light brownish. I'd also probably try and see how well the Urkku head looks on him as I'm not fond of the blue either.
>>
>>6206789
The fur collar and belt w/accessories is pretty fantastic. What did you use to make the fur?

Also, the emblem on the shield is pretty cool, does it have a meaning?
>>
>>6206800
The fur is just cotton that I teased a bit and brushed with my fingers to make it look more furry and less cottony. The symbol is something I've used on the internet since 2003 as my icon in various places.
>>
>>6206789

looks good, that scarabus belt fits nicely.
>>
>>6206789
How do you draw straight lines and symmetrical object with a paint brush?? Pretty impressive
>>
>>6206816
It's actually a decal I printed out, cut out and glued on the shield with elmers. Designed to be removable so I can re-do it if I want to actually paint it, or change the shield's color completely if I get tired of the turquoise.

Actual answer to your question tho, is you can do similar stuff with masking and properly thinned paints.
>>
Some more bios posted, Hagnon confirmed to be Morgolyth's bitch.

Other is green elf lady so who cares.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487912735435.jpg (142KB, 1188x716px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487912735435.jpg
142KB, 1188x716px
I care! GREEN MAGE ELF MINX!

#FORTHEFLOCK
>>
>>6206827
Can't decide if I want him or not. I want all the other skellys, but I'm not too big on the clear body. Maybe if he was clear bones but opaque armor.
>>
>>6206856
He just looks so generic.

I wish he came with a Skeleton head.
>>
>>6206856
you will regret not having one of the skellys and pay a markup for him later
>>
>>6206859
Is it considered a skeleton though? Its more like a ghoul/ghost.
>>
>>6206855
At least they give some lore justification for the green eared helmeted elves. I'm personally skipping on all elves together due to budget reason but good on the elves collector
>>
>>6206856
>Maybe if he was clear bones but opaque armor.
That would be awesome. A floating suit of armor.

I feel weird about just getting Mandibulus and not Morgolyth, since they're major characters who go together, but man I just really dislike Morgolyth's deco.
>>
>>6206856
>Maybe if he was clear bones but opaque armor.
omg this is awesome
>>
>>6206877
I just wish they'd fix morgo's headdress. It's too monotone color.

I mean they clearly painted her quickly during a con or some shit, so why not make further edits to better the figure?
>>
>>6206877
>>6206891
You guys aren't the only ones that shitty colored head dress really ruins the entire figure.
>>
>>6206901
some people on the 4H forums were posting about how coloring the "ribs" of the headdress would improve it, and it did. I hope 4H listens but i kind of doubt it. for some reason they seem really anal about never changing the prototypes? just something i noticed.
>>
>>6206931
Yeah they've always been like that once its set in stone unless its some type of add on then its pretty much done with.
>>
>>6206935
Well, it's their passion project. I can understand having their vision. But they have to know that that may not necessarily sell.
>>
>>6206941
Yeah I agree but I wish they'd bend their rules once in awhile.

Just a little bit of paint break up could totally fix it or just an alternate head to go with it.
>>
>>6206901
>shitty colored head dress really ruins the entire figure.
Without the unique head the rest of the figures are just kitbash of existing mold. Maybe with addition of ribs, but still headpiece/facepaint are incredibly important
>>
>>6206955
No one's saying they don't want her to have the headdress, they're saying they want it to be painted differently.

As is it's just a very boring silver. It needs some more paint applications to break up the silver and really make the details pop.
>>
>>6206955
I fucking love the headress man but the color is just half lazy to me.
>>
File: mythic legions shit.jpg (956KB, 2374x5700px) Image search: [Google]
mythic legions shit.jpg
956KB, 2374x5700px
>Tfw at $1048 eaglebucks

I honestly don't think I can justify this kind of cost but part of me knows I can easily double any figures price if I don't like them on ebay.
>>
Anyone have a photo of their Torionn? I wanna see him outside of promo shots
>>
>>6206978
pretty good taste anon
>>
I hope the 4H really listen to their fans here. Look at the headdress piece, it's a solid hunk of silverish metal. On top of being a gigantic waste of intricately sculpted part, it doesn't even make any sense how would anyone with middle ages technology made such kind of metalwork. Did a blacksmith really just sculpt a giant headdress out of clay, make a mold, then pour liquid iron to make it? It would weigh like 100 lbs on itself.

Is this a hasbro tier cost cutting move so that there's no intricate paintjob over it? Is it too expensive to have the headress intricately painted? I'd personally rather upgrade her to $50 deluxe figure with bone wings and detailed paint than this waste of amazing sculpt.
>>
>>6206986
it's actually kinda surprising to me that they're not using the metallic lavender on her shoulders to fill in the spaces on her headdress. Has someone made a mock up of that?
>>
File: Super.jpg (365KB, 521x719px) Image search: [Google]
Super.jpg
365KB, 521x719px
>>6206986
Yes how in the world would the magical, undead skeleton wear such an outlandish and large headdress in a fantasy world with vampires, trolls and elves?

The bio for Hagnon was really good, Myria's is okay.
>>
File: DSC00664_1.jpg (3MB, 4500x2532px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00664_1.jpg
3MB, 4500x2532px
>>6206980
I'd sell mine for $45 shipped if you want to. Not to redo the discussion and have the 4H apologists screaming and hissing again, I was kind of on edge with regards to his unrealistic metallic blue armor that doesn't blend well with my other figures at all and I was right as one can see the metallic blue absolutely stand out compared to the rest of my figures. I can take as many pic of him as you want.
>>
>>6206986
It looks like it has a pearlescent pink/lavender inbetween the silver. Kind of like the metal is holding carved stone or something similar in place.
>>
>>6207001
>Yes how in the world would the magical, undead skeleton wear such an outlandish and large headdress in a fantasy world with vampires, trolls and elves?

You know that's not a good argument. It's the same strawman as "well they have magic, vampires, and troll, why can't we add on lightsaber, AK47 and M16 weapon packs? it's all fantasy anyway"

That solid hunk of metal headdress is stupid and waste of an incredible sculpt underneath
>>
>>6207011
>You know that's not a good argument.
it's actually a great argument. we know nothing about the world and nothing so far says that a skeleton that can REANIMATE ITSELF (despite having zero muscles or tissue) can't have a huge hat.
>>
>>6207002
I'm interested! Emails in the field and hopefully you have others on sale in that box as well.
>>
>>6207016
Well that's just like your opinion man, and how the headdress is stupid is also just my personal opinion. I'd save $33 while you can be happy with your plastic figure, it's a win win but there's nothing you can do to shout down a lot of people including me being disappointed over the lack of paint on that headdress
>>
>>6206986
I'm ok with the headpiece, don't love it but I can live with it.

but that fucking raccoon paint mask has gotta go..
>>
>>6207020
except that's not what i was doing?? I think the headdress needs paint too and i'm on the fence about the figure, but like the other guy i think your argument that the hat "doesn't make sense" or "would weigh 100lbs" is stupid
>>
>>6206986
>middle ages technology
This character raises others from the dead. You thing a pretty headdress is out of the realm of possibilities when magic exists?
>>
>>6206984
Hey thanks guy.
>>
>>6207023
Not that guy but I hate the silver too. Also its supposed to be a headress as in fabric with metal details. The all silver is just weird to me. Its too mardi gras looking rather than an ornate headpeice fit for a lich. Im already planning on giving her a dark wash to weather her anyway if the 4h wont do it. She should be weathered and decayed like every other skele in the bunch. Shes way to shiny in the armor and the headress does nothing to help either.
>>
File: Add on 02.24.17 4chan.jpg (651KB, 1100x2800px) Image search: [Google]
Add on 02.24.17 4chan.jpg
651KB, 1100x2800px
67 hours to go...

Added the 'All In' prices at the bottom for comparison with totals.

Also added unlocked extra weapons & heads to their respective characters.

On a personal note I MIGHT have gotten my ongoing shortage resolved today. I actually CALLED 4H today & talked to the 'shipping manager' (Maybe it was Cornboy? I dunno) & I told him the situation & that I wasn't dropping a dime into the KS until I at least got an explanation about why this has been dragged out for the past several months. "So uhhh...ok...I can send these out to you today...umm sorry" & I got a Fed Ex notice an hour later.

Five emails & a phone call.

Fingers crossed this is finally fixed.

On a lighter note I'll give them props for the add ons to already solicited figures, extra heads, weapons are a great touch. Especially for >>6206225 since I was going to cannibalize the head & tail for a Tawky Tawny custom & was trying to figure out a replacement head to match the armor. Problem solved.

>>6206789
Great job anon!
>>
>>6207002
If The other anon doesn't end up taking Torionn and you have others for sale, I'd be interested in copping some, too. Lmk
>>
>>6207048
that's good they're finally sorting it out
>>
New

>>6207058
>>
File: 1486738252854.gif (254KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1486738252854.gif
254KB, 500x259px
>>6207059
>page 2
>new thread
>>
File: face-with-tears-of-joy[1].png (58KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
face-with-tears-of-joy[1].png
58KB, 256x256px
>>6207061
>>
File: 1487394709161.jpg (552KB, 1032x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1487394709161.jpg
552KB, 1032x1325px
>>6206789
>Potions and Horn
my negro I did the same
>>
>>6207002
You selling that basic knight?
>>
>>6206789
I like it!

I think the fur-lining might benefit by being echoed somewhere else, to make it a consistent design element. That said, I really like it, it introduces another material to the mix.

Also the emblem looks great.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.