[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's Discuss our Favorite Shelfwarmers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: ironhide.jpg (13KB, 300x174px) Image search: [Google]
ironhide.jpg
13KB, 300x174px
Very simply, /toy/.

Tell us your favorite shelf-warmer/peg-warmer.

Can be from any series, any toyline, and point in time. Only caveat is you have to own, or have owned the toy itself

Mine is good old Energon Ironhide. He's one of the most notorious shelfwarmers in Transformers history, perhaps even toy history.

And despite how hard it was to move him, they put out a repaint of him, that was an homage to G1 Hound. He still didn't sell. I bought both though.

Despite his shelf-warmer status, I thought he was a very fun toy. Quick and easy to transform, and had plenty of articulation for that toyline.

Why was he a shelf-warmer? Well, most likely because he was the character Hasbro was banking on to be a "Fan favorite" with the kids. He was best buddies with the human main character, and he was the token "young cool guy who hero worships the veterans, but also wants to prove himself."

Although he ended up coming off as annoying..
>>
File: Mudflap-animated.jpg (33KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Mudflap-animated.jpg
33KB, 300x225px
>>6199409

Cybertron Mudflap for me.

I have like 3 of him, and the Movie 1 repaint.
>>
File: rkscan08.jpg (418KB, 849x529px) Image search: [Google]
rkscan08.jpg
418KB, 849x529px
>>6199409
It's the giant visible head in truck mode. That and being overpacked due to the 8-month drought.
>>
File: r_transmetalscavenger019.jpg (64KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
r_transmetalscavenger019.jpg
64KB, 500x475px
I never understood this guy shelfwarming.
It's fucking Inferno, and his transmetal form has fucking drills on its arms.

Legs are a mess, though.
>>
File: mandara-ke.jpg (233KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mandara-ke.jpg
233KB, 1200x1600px
This toy was quite fun but it weighed down pegs for a long long time around my way.
>>
File: scapveh_1244084285.jpg (72KB, 841x900px) Image search: [Google]
scapveh_1244084285.jpg
72KB, 841x900px
It didn't actually shelfwarm, but the drugstore I go to still has the exact same Scalpel after 7 years.

Otherwise ROTF Mudflap. I was the one who took that wall of Mudflaps photo years ago. Back then the TF section was pretty big. They just decided to remove every single TF toy other than Mudflap and the redeco.
>>
>>6200687

Inferno shelfwarmed himself. Never understood why since he was a popular enough character.
>>
>>6199409

Yeah that's not a bad toy. Head is weirdly designed, but the whole thing had this awesome feel to it. Just this big chunky motherfucker. His robot mode fares better than a lot of other Energon Autobots given the ill-performed combination gimmick.

That line is a bit underrated I think. The scouts/basics and pretty much all the Decepticons were fantastic. Then guys like Bulkhead and Landmine came along to help the Autobots get their shit together a bit too.
>>
>>6200697
lamest

gundam

ever
>>
RTS Lugnut when he was ten bucks at Marshall's and TJ Maxx.
>>
I have two RID Prowls, and I can't play with them because both left door's ball joint broke in the same way. Same with every other RID Prowl mold I've seen.

Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>6200752
I would've snatched that right away if I ever saw it.
>>
>>6200864
I never saw one at TRU, then for like 6 months the Voyager RTS line is clogging the shelves at those stores for sixteen bucks, then marked down again to ten. Regret that I only bought one lugnut.
>>
>>6200734

I forgot about him. Transquito was right there with him on the shelf warming brigade if I remember correctly.
>>
>>6199409
I bought him back in the day just because he combined with Jetfire
>>
>>6200697
I kek'd when I saw it show up in a random cameo in build fighters .
>>
>>6200722
I found a bunch of Digimon Stickers from 2000 in a local drugstore in rural Newfoundland last year.

I bought a ton. They were pretty cool. They had the same art as the cardgames. I don't know why the fuck they even still had them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.