[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ludens Kojima IFigure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: colour.jpg (50KB, 600x900px)
colour.jpg
50KB, 600x900px
Anybody else unimpressed with how this comes across now that its had color
>>
I feel like it comes across very flat when compared to the prototype.
>>
>>6197473
nah it always looked like shit
>>
>>6197473
I disagree with you.
>>
>>6197477
Hell I'd rather buy the prototype or at least its sculpt and unpainted colors than this
>>6197473

It really is disappointing, the paintwork makes it look really cheap, maybe its just the lighting of the pic i dont know
>>
>>6197473
Yeah, unimpressed too. That white paint just FEELS thick and gloppy, even if it isn't. It also doesn't hold shadows very well, so a lot of the sculpted detail just washes away into nothingness. The smoke color of the helmet seems too dark too, we can't even make out the skull underneath.

Also, it looks too smooth and pristine for my tastes overall. I expected it to look a tad more like the Storm Collectibles Ludens, just a little bit worn and gritty, with a bit of texture to it. This is probably a pass for me. Which is sad, because this or the Nendo (which looks extremely similar paintwise) are likely the only Ludens I can afford.
>>
>>6197473
I'm still burned pretty hard by MGSV. I know there's a lot of jewing by Konami, but the mainline story itself is fucking dumb. Konami didn't force Kojimbo to make the stupid twist about big medic. Konami didn't force Kojimbo to suck the living life out of Ocelot and make him incredibly tame. Konami didn't force Kojima to make the stupid ass language virus and nonsensical motivation of Skull face.

Kojima has come for like how many game show now? E3, TGS, another E3, another TGS parading Deatho Stranddinggo with no fucking gameplay to show, and not even a slightest concept of what genre the game gonna be, and not even the slightest excerpt about what the game's gonna be about. Does it remind you of anything? Oh yeah it reminds me of MGSV faux trailer hype.

Fuck no I'm not gonna buy anything he produces for a while, and I'm sure as hell not gonna buy a figure of a company logo who hasn't produced anything worthwile. This is coming from a diehard MGS and ZOE fan
>>
>>6197507

Yea I think some weathering might help

I don't think the original image is final

Yoji Shinkawa himself is supervising the ludens figma development so Im sure it will turn out great when its finished
>>
>>6197507
>Storm Collectibles
Er, sorry, meant Prime1. I was distracted while writing that post.
>>
>>6197473
Looks fine to me.

I think I'll save my money for the 1000toys 1/6 though, that thing looks amazing.
>>
File: hj.jpg (33KB, 370x554px) Image search: [Google]
hj.jpg
33KB, 370x554px
>>6197537

Yea I am going to have to keep a closer eye on this

I prefer buying 6" figures though due to my display getting full but might be worth the trade off
>>
>>6197473
I think it looks nice.
>>
I said it in a thread yesterday, between poor articulation and the current paintjob the figure looks so bland.

I don't think there's much that can be done to fix it, I think the Nendo is going to turn out better.
>>
File: 1486660777161.png (39KB, 1265x909px) Image search: [Google]
1486660777161.png
39KB, 1265x909px
>actually buying a mascot because it has kojima's name on it
>>
File: Effect_20170219_141455.jpg (150KB, 682x1352px) Image search: [Google]
Effect_20170219_141455.jpg
150KB, 682x1352px
I actually thought it was pretty cool looking
>>
>>6197518
>coming from a diehard MGS and ZOE fan
apparently not
>>
shut up faggots this is cool never EVER talk shit about Kojima
>>
>>6197518
I feel you. Didn't like how MGSV turned out (not even the dumb twist, just the game itself) and I've been a fan of the series for quite a while.

It does feel like its jumping the gun a little too much when they start promoting figures of the damn mascot before we've gotten an actual game yet.
>>
>>6197548
What's the one on the left called?
>>
>>6197518
>Kojima has come for like how many game show now? E3, TGS, another E3, another TGS parading Deatho Stranddinggo with no fucking gameplay to show,
Pretty sure he didn't 'officially' leave Konamii until the december before last. So he revealed that the next game he woul be making was Death Stranding with a teaser in E3 2016.
TGS, he showed off nothing new at all, only vaguely discussed what was going on with the game such as 'open world' and 'co-op'. He did however mention he had 'finally chosen' an engine to build on, thus production was able to truly begin.
last time anything was shown about this at an event was the Video Game Awards.

So 1 E3, 1 TGS, 1 Video Game Awards, all in the span of what? over half a year? He even practically admitted that production haddn't really stated until around the time of TGS which is September.

This is pretty dang common for any game in the industry for us to know very little about it for the first year after the trailer, especially in the case of japanese developers, have some patience. Once E3 comes aroun and he gives us yet another vague trailer that is super pretty but gives nothing bout gameplay, then throw the shit. But for now, sit back and put your attention to things closer on the horizon.
>>
File: dd3.jpg (361KB, 498x595px) Image search: [Google]
dd3.jpg
361KB, 498x595px
>>6197818
I'm buying it because of Kojima and that it looks cool.
>>
>>6197518
>ocelot isn't shouting memes and spinning his guns in every scene, i don't like it
there's a lot of issues with the game, but i really disagree with this argument against v
this is absolutely not the place for this so i will restrain myself and just say ocelot in mgsv is really not far out of line with ocelot in mgs1

>>6197473
this does look very flat and disappointing. i hope it isn't the final version. it just doesn't look impressive or display worthy.
>>
>>6197818
The design is cool as fuck on its own merits. Not current-Figma-prices cool, but I'd totally buy it if it went on sale, and I've only played one Kojima game in my life.
>>
File: Effect_20170219_144116.jpg (439KB, 1874x1360px) Image search: [Google]
Effect_20170219_144116.jpg
439KB, 1874x1360px
>>6197548
Is that the 1000toys one?
My concern about it is that the helmet plastic as it is looks quite cheap
>>
>>6197473

I'm actually a bit amazed (was previously confused) at how figma can produce some of these great more realistic sculpts like this and Solid Snake but then just ruin it with paint.

It gets confusing when old Berserk releases have tinier heads but better paint wash apps than these.
>>
>>6198234
That's just a proto, I'm sure the final will look much better. 1000Toys has a pretty good rep where quality is concerned.

>>6197948
This is just a guess, but I wonder if that's like an internal skeleton within the Ludens suit? It kind of got me thinking, Ludens looks like a human from what we can see of his eyes, but what if he's actually a cyborg in there? Only his human head is left, and the rest of his body is entirely robotic.
>>
>>6197504
There are tons of toys I'd love to buy a prototype/unpainted version of.
Some of the Yamaguchi Revoltech come to mind.
>>
>>6198250
They just wanted to do the ol' Hasbro.
>>
>>6197473
White (especially true white) just devours detail and makes things look plain. It's why a lot of companies don't like to use white on their figures even if the design is supposed to be white. The prototype definitely looked more exciting to me.

Probably just going to buy the Nendo because the helmet gimmick comes across more clear and it's just a fucking mascot anyway. I don't need an action figure of something that looks like it will have shit range anyway.

If there wasn't a ton of potentially awesome releases announced recently I might have bought this. However I would rather save my money for the figma Bloodborne, Dark Souls Black Knight, Takeya Devilmam, Bubblegum Crisis, etc.
>>
>>6197473
Might work since its "human" face will be obscured by a mask, but really needs a wash.

One could argue with that but it just helps the details pop, perhaps as it is taking pics with angled lights would serve it better than pic related.

Would I buy, well...no its just a mascot that apparently doesn't do anything
>>
>>6199305
>its just a mascot that apparently doesn't do anything
So what? Lots of people buy toys just because they look cool. Like me, for example. I see no reason to turn down a cool toy just because I'm not familiar with the character or it's not "from something." A cool toy is...just a cool toy.

Also, I'm not ruling out Ludens showing up in a Kojima game.
>>
>>6199355
>Also, I'm not ruling out Ludens showing up in a Kojima game.
That is the same thought I am having. He seemed to make such a big deal out of his mascot that I always had a feeling it had a connection to the game he was making, especially when he made full 3d models of the thing. Then when he showed off the Game Show Awards trailer and we saw that undead soldier theme going on, how can people so flippantly write it off as just a mascot with no chance of a connection to the game?
>>
>>6197473
the glossy finish ruins it

matte finish like>>6197477 would look better
>>
>>6197473
>Anybody else unimpressed with how this comes across now that its had color
yes. but I never really liked the design anyway. But people with buy it because Kojima's attached to it.
>>
This is an okay design I guess but I wouldn't want it until the company releases at least one good game.

>>6197518
MGS5 was one of the biggest gaming disappointments of my life.

It is like they removed everything that made MGS fun and unique in favor of the barren open world and cramming in as many stupid extra features as possible.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.
So naturally it is the only MGS game with a good 1/12 figure.
>>
File: IMG_0197.jpg (38KB, 564x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.jpg
38KB, 564x628px
>>6197507
>>
>>6198234
>Is that the 1000toys one?
No, thats the figma. The 1000toys version is 1:6 while the figma is 1:12
>>
>>6197473
$2000 no thank you.
>>
>>6206687
you should at least check which post I was pointing to, because that one is the 1000toys indeed.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.