[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 25

File: 1239853476414.jpg (92KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1239853476414.jpg
92KB, 1600x1200px
Should I go with the Figurarts Chun Li or wait for the Storm Collectibles?
>>
>>6197336
They're going to be very different in size. Do you plan on displaying her with other characters?

There also might or might not be a Marvel Legends Chun Li coming out for an alleged Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite toyline by Hasbro.
>>
>>6197361
I'm not a scalefag. Don't care about size.
>>
File: 8297.jpg (72KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
8297.jpg
72KB, 540x540px
>>6197421
Then the RAH Chun 2.0 will be your best bet for a while
>>
File: c7fbb7fb[1].jpg (99KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c7fbb7fb[1].jpg
99KB, 900x1000px
>>6197336
S.H. Figuarts Chun-Li looks good, she may not look like her SFV incarnation but more like her SF anime look. Poseability looks like from what I can see here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shfiguarts/archives/1064282514.html

As for Storm Collectibles Chun-Li, they haven't shown a prototype of her yet and since this will be their first ever female sculpt, we don't know how it will turn out but I'm guessing they'll use rubber on certain parts of her dress and body like with their Ryu.
>>
File: 6f496480[1].jpg (99KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
6f496480[1].jpg
99KB, 1000x700px
>>6197701
Poseability looks like *great*

Also to give you some other options, there is the RaH which>>6197452 mentioned, SoTa, Gi Joe, Resaurus, Microman, Revoltech and Play Arts Kai.

>>6197361
>Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite toyline by Hasbro.

Can I finally have a Morrigan? although their female sculpt are improving, I wonder if they can pull off her face right?
>>
>>6197336

Wait till they make a figuarts of the SF Alpha version.
>>
>>6197336
Given the quality of the Storm Collectibles figures, will it be better than the Figurarts?
>>
File: PAK Chun Li.jpg (47KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PAK Chun Li.jpg
47KB, 1024x1024px
>>6197720
>>6197701
Generic anime girl face is shit.
No better than the SOTA's.

Play Arts Kai's Chun Li actually looks like it came out of the video games and is very poseable. The knee is horrible to look at though.
>>
>>6199070
>Generic anime girl face
show us one that's not.
>>
File: Look_at_those_legs.jpg (52KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Look_at_those_legs.jpg
52KB, 480x640px
I’d wait to see what Storm Collectibles shows. The generic anime girl look kills the Figuarts for me. Her quads are also very weirdly sculpted, and I’d complain about her arms being twigs, although that’s a common problem with Chun Li, but the worst thing IMO is that the figure lacks character.

The Play Arts had its share of problems and you have to pretend she has no knee joint, but the face was more Chun Li-ish and, more importantly, she rocked some ridiculous leg muscles that made the figure worth.
>>
File: DSCF7990.jpg (124KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7990.jpg
124KB, 1600x1200px
>>6199081
Play Arts' is less anime-ish. High Dream's, too.
>>
>>6199116
>play arts

Holy shit, this is trolling on a whole new level.
>>
>>6199106
>figure lacks character

We're reaching an epitome of nitpicks.
>>
>>6199131
Chun Li is a character. The Figuarts is quite bland and it should do a better job representing her to justify its price. Otherwise it's just a bunch of plastic no matter how well manufactered it is.
>>
>>6199164
The fuck are you going on about? How on earth is the Figuarts bland? It looks nothing like any other Figuarts that's been put out before, certainly not like any other female character Figuarts. It looks like Chun Li.

I know people have somehow latched onto calling the face anime but even then it barely applies since she doesn't have any kind of big moe eyes or squiggle mouth. Obviously it's stylized in a way not 100% exactly like the latest game, but it's certainly not some stereotypical or lazy kind of anime face.

"The figure lacks character" is probably the most subjective and useless criticism there could possibly be.
>>
>>6199186
Yeah, he's crazy about the figure lacking character, but...
>It looks like Chun Li.
No, it doesn't.
It has a generic animoo girl face.
>lazy kind of anime face.
The fact it has a generic girl face and not stylized to look like it's from the game is lazy.

Professionally made toys paying top dollar for the licenses shouldn't look like fanart, especially when they're not kid shit and you're paying premium prices
>>
>>6199198
>It has a generic animoo girl face.
THow is it generic at all? It actually has a nose and chin, not to mention eyes that don't take up half the face.

It looks like it just has a slightly longer chin than >>6197452

How the hell are people really getting this generic animu face thing?
>>
File: Chun-Li.jpg (69KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Chun-Li.jpg
69KB, 500x667px
>>6199207
>How the hell are people really getting this generic animu face thing?
Because it doesn't look like the art or game models.
Just because it has a mouth and chi doesn't mean it's not generic. Lots of styles can still be called generic, especially when it's supposed to look like something very specific.
>>
File: FIGURE-015193.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-015193.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>6199215
Is English your second language? That's not what generic means.

Generic means there's nothing to make it stand out from others, but the Figuarts face is definitely meant to look like Chun Li and no one else, and it certainly doesn't look like any face that Figuarts has done before so it stands out among those.

The very picture you posted is more animu than the figure is, so how could it be a generic animu face?
>>
>>6199224
Also forgot to write in that post that the pic related is the closest face they've done to Chun Li before, but you can see how this one is much more anime styled than the one they gave Chun Li.
>>
>>6199186
It's hard to be objective with this things, but she just looks like cheap anime to me, like pic related. I don't know why, but it screams anime more than it screams Chun Li. The noodle arms and dubious quadriceps anatomy don't help selling the figure.

The PAK's face has less anime-ish proportions, and then at least it has the ridiculous Chun Li legs going for it. I have trouble finding a reason to get the Figuarts for its price.

I don't think I'm being biased against anime or stylization. I do own the Pinky Street Chun Li and I think they did a good job adapting her. The Figuarts, though, I don't know, it feels like it's there but not there.

It might be the tiny mouth, or maybe it all comes down to the legs, I have no idea.
>>
>>6199224
Either he's toy-racist (all animu girls look the same, even the ones that aren't even remotely similar) or he's got a condition where he can't discern the difference between faces on a small scale.

While Chun Li's face doesn't stand out the way Joker or Deadpool does, it's hardly generic since the proportions are less embellished than most animu girls and she's got some eyeliner to make her face distinct. I can understand accusing K-On or Mattel 4 Horsemen of being samey or generic, but Chun Li's hardly generic
>>
>>6197720
>>6197701
There's just something about the SHF Chun-Li that doesn't sit right with me. I suppose it's the oversaturated blue and yellow on her dress that make it look really cheap, but her face looks really boring and generic too.
>>
>>6199235
You keep using the PAK as an example without realizing neither SF4 or SFV have ridiculous muscle definition on the legs. She has thick muscular legs but they look more like the Figuarts than the PAK. The PAK is inaccurate as fuck in that regard.

And yes, you are being biased against anime and stylization. You want a representation of the game model even though Ryu himself is not a representation of the game model. Hell, even Rashid isn't a representation of the game model.

Storm Collectibles teased a Chun Li so maybe just buy their rendition when it comes out since you are so damn obsessed with her looking like SFV and ignoring the fact Chun Li has had many incarnations that all look more anime than they do SF4 or SFV.
>>
>>6199249
>You keep using the PAK as an example without realizing neither SF4 or SFV have ridiculous muscle definition on the legs. She has thick muscular legs but they look more like the Figuarts than the PAK. The PAK is inaccurate as fuck in that regard.

I'm just looking for a reason to buy the figure. Either making it game accurate or giving it something that stands out: PAK's has the ridiculous legs; Pinky Street's has the cute focused/angry expression; High Dream's has an overall imposing frame even without heavily sculpted muscles; SOTA's is bland but she was cheap back in the day and blends well with other lines; Figuarts' is bland and doesn't have much going for it in my opinion.

The figure falls a bit short in a couple of areas and doesn't offer anything spectacular to make for that. She's not a character with lots of details that can make the figure by themselves. Her character has to be in the figure, may it be in the form of a subtle detail on the expression of her eyes or some badass quadriceps, and I'm just not seeing it even though I know I'm being vague.
>>
>>6199282
>I'm just looking for a reason to buy the figure.
How about it has great articulation and doesn't look ugly doing it? Or how about the cool effect part no other Chun Li figure has had? Or how about buying this means we get more Street Fighter releases instead of letting the line flop

Sometimes you buy things because it gets you other things even if the things you have to buy aren't perfect. I'm going to buy Rashid even though I don't give a shit about him just so I can maybe get Juri or R Mika or Guile.
>>
File: toy biz chun li.jpg (90KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
toy biz chun li.jpg
90KB, 375x500px
>>6199294
>Sometimes you buy things because it gets you other things even if the things you have to buy aren't perfect.
That's funny, but why waste your money when you know there will be 234234 more figures made of a 25 year old character and one of them may actually be perfect?

Okay, maybe not perfect, but how about the figure actually looking like she's from the video game?
The Figuarts is as much of a waste of money as Toy Biz's 90s figure if you want your toys to actually look like the license they're from.

That PAK that guy keeps talking about? It actually gets pretty close, but holy fuck, that fucking knee. Did anyone ever mod it to not look like an eldritch horror?
>>
>>6199298
>that fucking knee

I have to pretend the joint does not exist, sadly.
>>
>>6199298
At least the Figuarts Chunners looks like she does in some form of official SF media unlike this alien looking thing. Then again, I never viewed the figuarts as SFV figures but instead more towards a classic SF2/animated style.
>>
>>6199454
But they didn't even base her on legit Street Fighter animes like the SF2 animated movie which looks nothing like the figure. They've just given her a random anime look for the sake of it. If anything, she reminds me of those cheap promo animes for SF4.

I don't understand why they went for the anime look. They are faithful to the source material with Mario, Marvel, Star Wars or existing people like Bruce Lee. Why couldn't they do the same with Street Fighter and instead they had to invent a cheap anime Chun Li?
>>
File: 1320460820101.jpg (241KB, 828x668px) Image search: [Google]
1320460820101.jpg
241KB, 828x668px
The best one is clearly the Revoltech
>>
>>6199485
I guess it's never really helped that her look differs between games which mean no real 'canon' look.
Mario, Marvel, Star Wars, Bruce Lee all have defined looks and designs that at least seem to persist between movies/games.

I'm personally okay with the Chun Li, the thighs are there and that's all that matters to me.
>>
I'm going to buy Figuarts Chun Li and she's going to hang out with my Figma schoolgirls and her face is going to look just like them and it will be great.
>>
File: sqellingbare_.jpg (50KB, 906x362px) Image search: [Google]
sqellingbare_.jpg
50KB, 906x362px
>>6199769

Good for you. Mixed collections show the true beauty of toy diversity.
>>
Is the SFOnline Chunners expensive? I know I've read on /toy/ that it's great.

I have the microman chun-li and it's great but the skirt broke and want a replacement. I don't care about a small scale, just want a decent posable Chun-Li that isn't too big.
>>
>>6200427
>quite possibly the most poseable Chun-Li to date on this scale without sacrificing her looks/aesthetics

The RAH is incredibly poseable though. I doubt that bare plastic could beat cloth 1/6th figures combined with soft plastic on the inside designed for max articulation
>>
File: 6790-chunlipp[1].jpg (46KB, 550x328px) Image search: [Google]
6790-chunlipp[1].jpg
46KB, 550x328px
>>6200166
Don't have here but try asking the Revoltech general. Saw her years ago on our local store but I didn't bought her since even though her face looks much/way better than the Sota Chun-Li, I find her too small.

Here is a review:
http://www.tomopop.com/tomopop-review-sfo-revoltech-chun-li-by-kaiyodo-6790.phtml
>>
File: IMG_3000s[1].jpg (283KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3000s[1].jpg
283KB, 510x430px
>>6200436
Yes, that why I said "on this scale" RaH is 1/6(? ) which is way bigger than the Figuarts, but the RaH is the most poseable one to date and I don't think any figure can beat it unless a plastic that acts like a cloth like material is made in the future.

Review for the RaH 2.0
>>
File: IMG_2979s[1].jpg (369KB, 510x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2979s[1].jpg
369KB, 510x612px
>>6200441
Kek, I don't go to the Revoltech generals that often so I didn't know he goes there too.

Forgot the link
http://impatiens.blog123.fc2.com/blog-entry-2994.html

[Spoiler]Selfcest!{/NoSpoilerOnToy]
>>
File: 1401638967753.jpg (389KB, 1111x848px) Image search: [Google]
1401638967753.jpg
389KB, 1111x848px
Get the vastly superior NECA one my hombre
>>
>>6200572
My friend bought this Chun-Li. It's kinda fun to play with but holy shit is it hideous.
>>
>>6200572
Bitch was a Zika Baby.
>>
File: east vs west female faces.jpg (851KB, 1558x2400px) Image search: [Google]
east vs west female faces.jpg
851KB, 1558x2400px
>>6200572
why cant westerns get anything right?
>>
File: 13878.jpg (30KB, 256x375px) Image search: [Google]
13878.jpg
30KB, 256x375px
>>6200746
The lack of good Tina figure is the biggest injustice in modern civilized world

Being Tinafag is suffering
>>
>>6200754
I want a poseable DoA line, figma particularly since they can do the girls faces right, Bandai would be a 2nd choice since they also does well as long as they put effort.

My holygrail dream team would be an inscale (with todays articulation technology) figures of Chun-Li, Tifa, Mai Shiranui and Kasumi ala Dead Fantasy, Morrigan is also welcome to join as long as Hasbro can do the faces right.
>>
File: 549184[1].jpg_r=1487440914.jpg (37KB, 480x681px) Image search: [Google]
549184[1].jpg_r=1487440914.jpg
37KB, 480x681px
>>6200572
I saw this in person years ago in my local shop and didn't buy it because I didn't like how her face turned out.

>>6200565
Not into scales but Chun-Li is getting another scale in her Battle costume for the Bishoujo line
>>
File: 2758965-witcher3-590x327.jpg (37KB, 474x263px) Image search: [Google]
2758965-witcher3-590x327.jpg
37KB, 474x263px
>>6200746
You wot?
>>
>>6200806
Europeans are pretty gud
>>
>>6200746
Feels like the Japs have to compete in a market of cute girls to stand out regardless if you are indie or a big name so they all make added effort, were as the Western market can churn out any shit and still be classed as AAA. Bethesda and Bioware for example, they should be okay at a push games yet get rated highly for their past successes of over a decade ago, which allows them to slack off and produce some shoddy looking women.
>>
>>6200806
are you stupid? shes made by a poland company not american
>>
File: MEME FACE.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
MEME FACE.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>6200791
>Not into scales but Chun-Li is getting another scale in her Battle costume for the Bishoujo line

really? now you got me excited you need to give me proof
>>
File: butters.gif (163KB, 248x224px) Image search: [Google]
butters.gif
163KB, 248x224px
>>6200791
>2018
>we just started 2017

FML
i really love that battle dress
>>
>>6200746
I object to Alyx Vance being grouped with those monsters.
>>
>>6199298
>The Figuarts is as much of a waste of money as Toy Biz's 90s figure if you want your toys to actually look like the license they're from.
I feel like you don't seem to understand the concept of a general representation of a character. In terms of sculpt, the SHF Chun Li isn't a 1/1 replica of her appearance in any specific game, but it's clearly Chun Li and it looks good on its own merits. Given how wonky a lot of past SF figures have turned out because they attempted to emulate the aesthetic of a particular game (see: everything NECA and Square-Enix did with the IP, and even the Storm Collectibles figures), I'm alright with a Ryu and Chun Li that just take the character designs and turn them into good-looking figures rather than prioritizing 1/1 accuracy to a specific game at the cost of making a figure look awkward.
>>
>>6200166
I got her for about $20 from scouring around the ads section on MyFigureCollection a year ago. The user at the time had a few units but looks like she's managed to sell them all out by now.

For the price she's not too bad, but she's small and her poses are somewhat limited due to her smaller size + Revoltech joints. That solid dress piece between her legs means her legs can only be posed sideways. I like her though since I got her cheap and she can at least do most of her game poses quite easily
>>
There are people upset in this thread that figuarts Chun Li doesn't have enough of a man face. Sad.
>>
>>6200839
That pic is the teaser pic they shown on Toy fair. I'm on movile atm so justmGoogle it for additional info
>>
>>6200746
ellie from Borderlands 2 should not be there. she is intended to look wacky. you are right about anime getting the cute girl look, but Western developers usually aren't trying to tickle your pickle. they are trying to either create memorable characters, or close facsimiles of actual human beings. Japanese creators try to design plastic dolls, devoid of any seriously impactful or distinguishing characteristic. if your character looks bland and slightly abstract, then fewer people will find something they don't like. japanese game girls are the "light beer" of character design. the examples in your selection have several faces that are almost identical .

funny thing, though, Bayonetta was designed to be fiercely anti-moe. unlike the rest of the girls in your selection
>>
>>6201479
>It's not the 80s and 90s anymore, and there's a ton of competition that's willing to do it.
When another company makes a better looking Chun-Li at a decent scale, I'll go for it.

As of now though, the Figuarts looks great to me. No monster thighs like her sprites and recent game art has. Looks more like old official art or her anime proportions.

Face not matching anything does not bother me because I think it still looks good, which coming from Bandai is rather amazing in itself.
>>
>>6201479
>and there's a ton of competition that's willing to do it.

Then stop complaining and buy the competition's product.
>>
>>6200894
Take comfort in that she is from a 13 year old game and some of those screenshots come from games less than 5 years old.
She's probably the best out of the lot.
>>
>>6201647
He wants McFarlane, DCC, or Golden age Toy Biz to rise from the grave to make a Chun li.
>>
When people say that the Figuarts Chun Li has a generic anime face the problem is not that it’s generic compared to other characters but that the specific anime style they went for is very generic. It’s blander than SFII The Animated Movie, blander than the SFA anime and also blander than the Juri OVA from SuperSFIV, and that makes it look cheap, like the kind of stuff any intern at an anime studio would do.

On the plus side, it probably blends well with any other anime figures, but one would expect more for the price of a Figuarts.
>>
File: 1451213996490.png (222KB, 1024x1487px) Image search: [Google]
1451213996490.png
222KB, 1024x1487px
>>6201708
>"bland bland bland generic bland!"

You keep saying that like it's an insightful criticism, but it doesn't mean much.
If what you're saying is true you could just swap the face with madoka or haruhi and no one would be the wiser.

instead they seem to be trying for a "greatest hits collection" chun li, which might make her look more generic rather than a specific era chun li.

Personally I'd prefer they ignore the games and make the figures based on artists illus.
Kinu or Bengus style Chunners would've been sweet.
>>
>>6201779

>Kinu chunners figure

Yes pls. nurse Morrigan wasn't enough
>>
>>6201708
I'd rather her have a generic good looking face than the steroid induced manface she has had in all her most recent incarnations.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.