[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Ball Z in the US retail stores.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

It's Happening! $20 Dragonball Z figures coming to the US market.
>>
No thanks those look like poop.
>>
>$120 for shenron
>>
>>6196724
I feel like they're the same quality as the PR Legacy figures. Weird scale. Subpar compared to the nip counterparts. The Figuarts aren't that expensive now are they? Just stick with those if you can.
>>
Freeza looks like he'd be worth it
>>
>>6196724
>the nip counterparts
Why couldn't they just release those here? Bandai did that back in the early 00s with MSIAs and that was a hit (for a while)
>>
>>6196724
The only way this line could become a success among adult collectors is if they do characters Tamashii Nations is taking too long to reach or tertiary characters they may no bother doing at all. Also Cell. A Cell in this line could do very well and beat out the outdated Figuarts sculpt.

Right now, the only promising thing here is Shenron, and that's the BAF.
>>
>>6196724
Cool. I'll pick up a few.
>>
I would probably buy black-haired Vegeta but who am I kidding these will never show up in stores here.
>>
>>6196869
Very true
>>
I would've killed for a toy line like this 10 or 15 years ago.

It's cool that mainstream fans are going to have access to affordable Dragon Ball figures, but this really isn't for us hardcore nutjobs that don't mind paying upwards of fifty bucks for an action figure.
>>
Would rather Shenlong be a separate packaged figure and have these come with effects parts instead.

I don't own any if the Figuarts so this could be something I'm interested in, though I really only care about Season 1 Goku, Future Trunks, and Adult Gohan/Mr Saiyaman.
>>
>>6196847
They already do through an american distributor, but they're limited on what they release here, and sometimes copyright laws prevent them from doing certain releases. Like how the akibaranger bonuses were removed from the U.S. releases of the various sentai figures.

Also, the ones that came to retail didn't sell very well because people who are willing to pay 40 dollars for a figure had already imported the japanese versions. There were some on the TRU website that were clearance'd as low as 12 dollars because of how poorly they were selling.
>>
>>6196869
Kid Buu and imperfect cells with cell babies please?
>>
>>6196981
I'm in it for a full Ginyu Squad and side characters. Fully articulated Mr Satan, Gogeta, Janemba, shit that doesn't get made in the Japanese line.
>>
File: GMCn34u.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
GMCn34u.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
6.5 is a garbage scale. If they were smart they'd have done 5 inch to appeal to the oldfag Jakks/Irwin collectors and kids alike. Or doing the same scale as figuarts would appeal to a lot of people as it would provide them a cheaper alternative for characters they don't want to spend a full $40+ on, and allow for characters not likely to ever get the figuarts treatment.

Bandai has always been terrible when it comes to scale. They never think of the bigger picture. They made the same blunder with their Power Rangers line. They have a thriving 5 inch line which goes back over 20 years, and a defunct figuarts line that people loved, but Japan fucked up. Either one of those scales would have gone over well with people, but what do they do? Fucking 6.5, not in scale with ANYTHING on the market.

Well now there's two lines in this retarded scale. Well done Bandai.
>>
I look forward to subjectanon posting endlessly about how these destroy the figuarts in every way.

I like the irwin stuff better, but that frieza looks okay.
>>
These honestly don't look that bad, and I have a few figuarts. I'll probably pick some up
>>
>>6198152
The heads are clear and away the worst part.

If they had better headsculpts they would be downright manageable.
>>
>>6196836
>The Figuarts aren't that expensive now are they? Just stick with those if you can.

They're almost 3x as much as these, and that's not even counting out of print figures that are like, $200 each.
>>
>>6196724
These look completely fine? If they are the same price point as the newer PR Legacy line I can see casuals picking these up.

Though why the fuck did they do two extremely similar versions of Goku and Vegeta for their debut wave? Especially as they come with different BAF pieces, they should have just made them variants like ML does.

All they need to do to make this line successful is to include characters that BoJ are too scared to do. At the 6.5 inch scale, I can see bigger characters (Cell for an example) fitting in great with the figuarts.
>>
File: tbh1gDD.jpg (127KB, 632x767px) Image search: [Google]
tbh1gDD.jpg
127KB, 632x767px
>>6198220
It's actually two waves. This is wave one.
>>
>>6197026
>Kid Buu

If this line's scale is anything like the Power Rangers Legacy line's scale, then you'll probably want to hold out for big guys instead. It's kind of like trying to pair up Marvel Selects with Legends.

Cell forms would be good, as would certain forms of Buu. Android 16 would be good for people not happy with the SHF's size. Should Tamashii Nations avoid Raditz like the plague even after Nappa and scouter Vegeta, you could turn toward this line. A Great Ape BAF would be excellent.

My personal wish is Piccolo with pink accents. I prefer pink accents and that SDCC exclusive SHF Piccolo with those accents is hell to pay.

DBZ girls that are not 18 would be nice for a change, but they'd be too big for Figuarts even if they were made smaller than the figures we see here.
>>
>>6198238
I wish I had these when I was a kid. They early DB figures started out ok but then descended into shit with the awful poses and facesculpts by Irwin.
>>
I'd buy these over those shitty model kits, but probably not over the SHF
>>
>>6198274
I wouldn't get your hopes up for facesculpts just yet.
>>
>>6198164
>They're almost 3x as much
Where do you get those figures from? I'm generally able to get them for under $40 total. Some examples I was able to find in my old receipts.

Trunks - $38.63
SDCC Gohan - $34.99
Normal Goku - $38.99
Android 17- $35.66
Android 18 - $38.99
Ultimate Gohan : $29.72
Beerus - $33.80
SSGSS Vegeta - $33.12
Armored Trunks - $29.91
Whis - $37.78

I recieved SSGSS Goku, Awakening Goku, and Golden Frieza as gifts so I don't know the exact prices, but they were all under $40.
>>
>>6198285
Those aren't that bad. The faces resemble toriyama's work pretty well for $20 toys. It's not like he draws very detailed faces that are hard to sculpt..
>>
>>6198132
THIS SO FUCKIN HARD!

I want to buy those new power rangers and these DBZ figs but the scale is so shit, I can't be bothered to even consider them.
>>
>>6198288

Either you're lying, or you got incredible deals.

Those first 5 are long out of print, and easily go for about $100-$200 these days. The last 5 are still in print, but their standard bluefin retail is about $50-$60.

Also, each figure seems to be climbing in price, so the standard is about $50-$60+ these days anyway.
>>
>>6198288
Sweet deal on the androids, it sucks being late to the party
>>
>>6198294
It's just as mushy and weird as the old irwin toys used to be, and everything about the hair is horrid.

The heads are a complete wash.
>>
>>6198309
Not him, but I bought the figures as they came out and I never paid more than $50 for a figure, and usually paid around $40-45.
>>
>>6198319

Like I said, they've been going up in price, though. Couple years ago, when some of those figures came out they really were $30-$40, but this line isn't that cheap anymore. Take a look at any of the MSRPs for recent figures, and you'll probably not find any of the current offerings under $50 or so.
>>
>>6198238

>no ab crunch

DROPPED em sock em robots
>>
>>6198327
I've bought the recent figures, too, and again, $40-45.

I really don't know where you are even finding them for $50-60 only.
>>
>>6198327
I've bought Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta for $40 and a Beerus for $35 this month. I am having a hard time finding a Whis under 50 though.
>>
>>6198375
>I am having a hard time finding a Whis under 50 though.
Jet.com
>>
>>6198309
Obviously new-comers ard gonna get hit with a mark-up, but it's not fair to call the figures more expensive than they are just because you're late to the party. And while I did indeed get good deals on them, anyone else is capable of doing the same if they're patient and know where to look. Lots of the places that carry them have regular sales in which you can get a certain percentage off. I generally wait for one of those.
>>
>>6198333
They all seem to have a ball at the waist. Should work for the most part. That's how the older Figuarts DB molds are.
>>
>>6198340
Same here. I haven't spent more than $45 for a DBZ SHF
The cheapest I spent was like $30 for a Golden Freeza
The 2.0 figures are the only ones close to his prices I think, but I always got them for $40-$45 as well
The anon's probably a gullible retard who thinks BBTS is the only place that carries them
>>
>>6197031
>Figuarts Ginyu might not even be able to pull off iconic poses
>Willing to settle for lesser figures than that
>Willing to settle for a Ginyu Force that can't pose

You bring disgrace to the brave men of the Ginyu Force.
>>
How come the new Vegeta is stupidly expensive everywhere? Isn't he a wide release?
>>
>>6198635
$47 with prime shipping on amazon?
>>
>>6198640
Trunks could be had for low $30s, and he's bigger and has a second head.
>>
>>6198132
>6.5 is a garbage scale.
Actually, given that a lot of DB characters have humongous hair, 6.5 would probably be closer to 6".
>>
>>6198668
>Why is he so expensive
>He's below msrp
dude
>>
>>6198692
Hair wouldn't be factored into the mix when scaling.
>>
These would actually be good stocking stuffers and even gifts for children!

Also good gifts for Pop collectors.
>>
>>6198906
you sure #triggered us all, m8.
>>
>>6198132
whats the ranger on the left?
>>
>>6198915
The Figuarts
>>
>>6198915
Left to right is figuarts, 6.5 inch, and 5 inch. So you can expect these new Dragonball figures to be that size in relation to the figuarts and the old 5 inch line. Which is to say completely useless unless they underscale big characters.
>>
I wouldn't mind seeing more of Frieza's race like Cooler or Frost.
>>
>>6198596
>Jet.com
>Sorry, your search did not match any products.

Is the site broken? I can't get anything to not give me that message,
>>
>>6199222
Works fine for me
https://jet.com/product/Action-Figure-Dragon-Ball-SH-Figuarts-Whis-Bandai-ban05191/d01e96cce01647b6bc7af31ca0fa2808
>>
>>6198285
Man, the DB hybrid figures looked even better then this
>>
>>6198285
>DB Super
>not SSB hair

Why
>>
>>6199599
it's them at the start of the BoG arc, obviously.
Just wait till the next wave where they have the whis symbol outfits and blooper saiyan hair.
>>
With them being 6.5" I'd be happy with a Super Buu or Cell considering they'd probably scale with figuarts.

Hope this line doesn't die out though, if they came out as frequent as marvel legends with obscure characters, I'd be happy.
>>
>>6199611
Throw in gold Freeza and there's your third wave.
>>
>>6199814
>if they came out as frequent as marvel legends with obscure characters, I'd be happy.

Don't get your hopes up. It's going to be the PR Legacy line all over again.
>>
Do those scale with Figuarts?
>>
>>6200242
>It's going to be the PR Legacy line all over again.

What? So far the new PR Legacy waves have been fine. I don't know how you are supposed to get obscure characters when the line is dedicated to releasing power rangers.
>>
>>6196844
He looks the best out o them but he is way too big though
>>
>>6200348
See >>6198132

>>6200367
The fact that there's already a second Goku and Vegeta within the first 6 figures doesn't bode well.
>>
>frieza as tall as beerus
>goku taller than beerus
>goku barely taller than vegeta
Bravo Bandai
>>
Are there any companies that make 1/6 DBZ figure?
>>
>>6202564
RAH did some
>>
I wish they went with piccolo instead of beerus. I like the movies but I want the original team. Gohan, Goku, Piccolo, vegeta, maybe trunks. But instead we'll probs get a Weiss and gold samus and more goku and vegeta variations.
>>
>>6198906
For kids who like dragon ball, amazing gift. I would've loved these as a kid. For pop collectors, no, 20 is to much for them. They'd prefer cheap shit over slightly more expensive good stuff.
>>
>>6196724
Why aren't the super Saipan versions just alt heads!!
>>
>>6196724

>double knees
okay
>double elbows
OKAY
>no ankle rocker
.. okay..
>no thigh swivel
itsfuckingnothing.png

>>6203689
While I agree with your sentiments, saiyans are supposed to have a lighter aura when they go SS
>>
>>6203834
Inner thigh swivel. Take a look at Vegeta here >>6198285
>>
>>6203689
Because then they cant gouge you for another $20.
>>
>>6202586
So did Jakks.
>>
>>6203681
This. Poorfags won't touch these. The price tag is pure kryptonite to their kind.
>>
>>6204591

But poorfags are the ones who buy things like Marvel Legends, and Star Wars black series instead of the better options.

$20 DBZ figures will be right up their alley.
>>
>>6198627
>figuarts Ginyu
>only squad member that'll get made
>>
If they make characters that the Jap manufactures rarely touch, like Cooler, Garlic Jr., Android 13 (basically the movie villains sans Broly), I'd be all over these.

And to be fair, when Irwin was releasing DBZ figures, they WERE releasing characters that jap manufacturers NEVER touched outside of capsule figures. But that was when DBZ was at the height of its popularity... Now? DBZ just sorta coasts on its nostalgia factor, so I doubt we will see anything unique from this line
>>
>>6198251
I don't own any DBZ Figuarts, so this is not an issue for me. I was interested in getting the villian characters, but by the time I found out about the Figuarts, Freiza and Cell were already in the 200+ dollar range.
>>
>>6204602
I think you're underestimating how cheap some people are. There are seriously people who won't touch SWB/ML for less than 50% off.
>>
>>6206073
>There are seriously people who won't touch SWB/ML for less than 50% off.

But could you blame them? Apart from the one sought after figure in a wave, 99.9% of the time the rest of the wave gets heavily discounted. Why pay full price when its guaranteed to go on sale?
>>
>>6206073
>>6206196

I will drop $220 on a Hot toys but will sit on a $20 Marvel Legends until it gets to be $15 or even $10, and even then I hesitate.
>>
>>6196724
Ever heard of S.H.Figuarts kek

Sage for non /toy/ related
>>
>>6206196
You're confusing cause and effect. They're not cheap because they're discounted, they're discounted because they're cheap. They're going to do the same with these DBZ figures. Bandai is not Hasbro and there's no major movie to cuck retailers so either of them may just say "fuck it."
>>
File: 1482949001968.png (67KB, 247x220px) Image search: [Google]
1482949001968.png
67KB, 247x220px
>>6206245
>paying for overpriced shit

These probably won't break as easily either
>>
>>6206257
what's it like being a hamhanded poorfag?
>>
>>6206285
I wouldn't know actually :^)
>>
>>6206297
>complaining about figuarts being overpriced and fragile
>not a hamhands poorfag
>>
>>6206257
>These probably won't break as easily either
What? I have never heard or seen people complain about the dbz figuarts being fragile.

Don't make shit up just because you can't afford $40 figures.
>>
>>6206366
Where do you get Figuarts for $40? Serious question. Saw a Beerus at my LCS for $85 CDN. First Figuarts I've seen in person. Looked great, but a lot smaller than I expected.
>>
>>6206379
Amazon.com always ends up having them on sale and B&N when they have the dope coups.

For a Canadian though Amazon.ca is your best bet. Beerus went down to $40 CDN during christmas, its currently at $65 but it usually always goes on sale eventually.

Amazon.ca takes there sweet fucking time to get the newer releases though, they just got Awakening Goku instock sold by Amazon.ca a couple months ago but it sold out pretty quick.

Amazon.com is an option still if you live near the border and get it shipped to one of those parcel pick up places, but the exchange rate is pretty fucked still.
>>
>>6206397
Awesome, thank you. I just got back into DB thanks to Super and I'm tempted to start a collection.
>>
File: 1486042222394.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486042222394.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>bandai america will never include second heads
>characters like trunks or teen gohan will end up costing as much as figuarts to get both forms
>you won't have alt faces or more than one extra pair of hands though
>>
>>6196724
>Beerus instead of piccolo or cell
I get that they're holding out for later waves, but damn.

You think we'll get a Bulma finally, at least?
>>
>>6207185
>Bulma
haha no
>>
>>6207185
If you want Bulma, they make plenty of statues of her. Some look really good.
>>
>>6198132
This is why I hate that Power Rangers line.

If they made the figures to scale with Figuarts they could save on plastic that could be used for weapons the characters actually need and I'd buy entire teams if they actually scaled well with my Figuarts I already own.

But nope gotta appeal to Murricans who want stupidly large figures that don't go with anything. They don't even scale well with Marvel Legends. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are supposed to be TEENAGERS with attitude but you want me to believe they're taller than say Colossus? Get the fuck out of here Bandai.
>>
File: IMG_1468-615x640.jpg (81KB, 615x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1468-615x640.jpg
81KB, 615x640px
>>6207328
>But nope gotta appeal to Murricans who want stupidly large figures that don't go with anything
Nah, no one would actually choose this scale if given the choice. This is simply Bandai being retarded. Remember their Thundercats Classics? Released the first couple figures at 8 inches for some stupid reason, then attempted to knock it back to 6 inch when people bitched about the scale and they didn't sell. Though at that point the damage was done.

You'd think Bandai would have learned from that debacle to not release collector geared figures in arbitrary scales, yet what do they do? Fucking 6.5 inch Power Rangers and Dragon Ball. It's like they want to fail.
>>
>>6207346
the shiny plastic and mismatched joint pins didn't help that line, either. They looked like fast food toys at a premium price.

Though toy companies need to get over this "high end collectibles for adults" mentality and admit that toys will never be that. They're for kids first and foremost.
>>
>>6207356
>Though toy companies need to get over this "high end collectibles for adults" mentality and admit that toys will never be that. They're for kids first and foremost.

You say this as if there isn't at least 7 generals on /toy/ devoted to exactly that. Most of them are for Japanese toys though, and theres a reason for that. Because they do it correctly. Lots of faces/hands/etc. Lots of articulation. Good paint jobs, etcetera.

Most attempts at US high end collectables end up half-assed shit, or dolls. NECA's probably the closest to getting it right, they just keep fucking up on the QC and articulation, valuing sculpt over articulation when you can have both.
>>
>>6207356
>Though toy companies need to get over this "high end collectibles for adults" mentality and admit that toys will never be that. They're for kids first and foremost.

No you need to get over your bullshit. There is no written rule saying that action figures can't be for adults. You sound like one of those manchild purist who get mad at high end stuff because it "ruins the purity of toy collecting" as if we're all supposed to settle for trash.
>>
>>6207356

They're for whoever the company says they're for. Adults collect action figures now get over it gramps.

Go watch American Pickers and see how many old people collect stuff from their youth and than remember that toys changed a lot in the 80s so of course there'll be old men with an Optimus Prime in the future. People didn't change just the things they liked and humans will always be nostalgic for their past and companies are willing to sell them bits of their past that kids today couldn't give half a shit about. Or are you gonna seriously sit there and argue any kid could give a fuck about Cheetor or Grapple from Transformers?
>>
>>6198938
the superior tyranno ranger figuart next to power fagger red from the power rip-offs
>>
>>6209281
>Sentai elitist
>>
>>6209831
>stop being a food elitist, shit tastes just as good!
>>
>>6209281
>superior tyranno ranger figuart
>only exists because "power rip-offs"
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.