[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /toy/ like build a bear? I want to get some stuff but don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (29KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 283x178px
Does /toy/ like build a bear? I want to get some stuff but don't want to be a freak weirdo 20 year old getting bears.
>>
>>6196335
Who gives a fuck. Just do it. You won't look autistic
>>
>>6196364
don't lie to the kid
>>
File: IMG_2600.jpg (2MB, 3896x2859px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2600.jpg
2MB, 3896x2859px
>>6196335
I love build a bear. I go in there with my brother sometimes. He's 20, and he's made a couple of them in-store. They really don't care how old you are, they'll still treat you the same. I'm 19 and have gone in alone, with friends, and with my brother and each time I only felt a little awkward but that's just my own insecurities. Here's a tip for the bears, if you're like me and care more about dressing them up then the bears themselves, buy the cheaper, smaller bears because they fit way better into the clothing than the full-size ones. I have a ghostbusters bear and she was a bitch to get into a dress because she's so damn big. Pic related is my current two favorites
>>
>>6196335
Oh, and BAB is usually completely empty when kids are still in school. So if you want to go and not feel that weird, find the time to go when everyone's still in school. Or if you can't, early morning Sunday also works. Sign up for their rewards program, they send out some damn good coupons sometimes.
>>
Or buy them online. My favorite are the WWF ones which I like to get on eBay, and I just keep an eye out for BAB at second hand stores to get costumes
>>
File: IMG_6263.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6263.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Ones I have so far
>>
My and my gf went in a few weeks ago for her birthday present and it was fine, the lady that walked us through it was super nice and didn't make us feel wired at all, we went at about 5:30pm. We are both 19.
>>
>>6196335
we went there and got a rabbit doll and put our bunnies ashes in it so we can still hug them
>>
>>6196335
I would so own a few build a berars if they were not so expensive. The bears body is like $30 the closthing can run you around $45. You can ad another $15 for small things like shoes.
I wanted to get a bear from an upcoming movie, and the thing would have cost me like $70 no lie.
>>
Can you ask them to leave a hole when they are filling it up with stuffing?
>>
>>6198223
Not sure, but you can totally just buy the skin and not get it stuffed. That's supposed to be for gifting it and then the receiver comes back and gets it stuffed themselves, but you could always stuff it at home and then leave the hole open.
It's in the center back of the plush though, it's not really a good position.
>>
>>6197538
creepy, and yet it is like an adorable Dreadnought
>even in death I still cuddle.
>>
>>6198385
strangely i find urns and burial creepy but not this.
people who taxidermy their pets are just weird though
>>
>>6198223
Why would you want them to leave a big ass hole in your plush?

>>6198282
>it's not really a good position.
A good position for what exactly, anon?
>>
>>6198404
>Why would you want them to leave a big ass hole in your plush?

He wants to stick his dick in it.
>>
>>6196471
I really like the bunny you got.
>>
I have one my kids got me before I left for a month of training when I started my new job a few years ago. When you squeeze it they say "we love you daddy". I kept it with me in the hotel on my trip.
>>
As someone who currently works there, as long as you don't make it weird or try to play it off like you're too cool to be there we really don't care. it's a fun toy store, just enjoy it. Also if you're nice we sometimes let regulars know new stuff well be getting ahead of time too.
>>
>>6198853
How is it as a job? Are the kids hard to deal with? Did you ever have any trouble with bronies and the MLP plush?
>>
File: IMG_2608.png (200KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2608.png
200KB, 600x700px
>>6198853
What's the easter stuff look like? I'm big into pastels so I'm kind of hoping there will be some cute things this year.
>>6198576
Thanks! I really tried to keep all her clothes tied together, and the pink nose definitely helps.
>>
File: IMG_2609.jpg (32KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2609.jpg
32KB, 600x516px
God, I just love build a bear too damn much. I hate how much they've pulled me in
>>
>>6198903
If they keep making Pokemon, I'm going to be their eternal slave.
>>
>>6198868
You have to be the kind of person who likes build a bear to begin with to really enjoy it, but I personally love it. It's like any retail job with stress and bad managers and such, but just much more customer oriented.
Kids are kids. There are good ones and bad ones. Good kids tend to cancel the bad ones out in my opinion. And oh god the bronies. I never had any creepy ones but I do have a story that's eyeroll worthy if anyone wants to hear it.

>>6198891
I'm pretty sure there's a pastel tye dye bunny with big eyes but I haven't looked at the poster in a while. Last years run was kinda meh in my opinion. >>6198909
Keep your eyes out for something that is a combination of a squirrle and a turtle in the near future
>>
>>6198933
Of course I want to hear the brony story.
>>
>>6198933
>eyeroll worthy
pls do tell. I've been kinda tempted to get the yellow pony because I like the pink hair and the dress that she has buuut, then I would own a pony.
>>
>>6198939
It's nothing too crazy but we had this regular who always made a point to come in the day any new pony was launched to get it. He looks exactly like you would expect a brony to work if that helps. He comes in to get fluttershy and I do my job and try and upsell him on the voice box. He gets it, tries to impress me with his pony knowledge, and leaves. A week later he comes back and is insisting we remove the voice box from the thing. I ask if it's defective and he says no, but he had tweeted at the voice actress and apparently it wasn't her actual voice we used in the pony so he didn't want it inside his fluttershy. I told him sure but we couldn't give him a refund. He didn't seem to care. Just as an aside it was fluttershys voice and I've listened to it a million times and still can't tell the damn difference. But bronies are weird like that I guess. We have another one who's been on the hunt for scootaloo for 2 years to no avail, he calls every few months in desperation.
>>
>>6198954
Honestly our ponys are pretty well made all things considering. I've been tempted twice myself.
>>
>>6198956
wasn't that the last one that used their voice actress?
>>6198933
Pikachu's proportions were just off enough to look wrong, Eevee had an unfortunate fabric selection, Charmander was perfect cute. It seems like they've been improving.
>>
>>6198933
I hope you can detach his shell and store stuff in there like the turtle
>>
>>6199006
I found the Eevee fabric to be fine in person. It just doesn't photograph well at all.
Pikachu is fucked though. I'm assuming when they designed it, it was going to be a one-off deal, so they just took normal teddy bear proportions. Then it sold out instantly, so they knew they had to make more Pokemon.
>>
File: 20170219_231826.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_231826.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
I enjoy the place. I see a lot of older kids enjoying building their own bears.

Our friends are the ones who got us into it. So we pick them up when we see them at thrift stores or make our own.

I had a hard time getting mine at first. Had to wait for it to restock & glad they released a true saddle.
>>
>>6199017
You got the other dragons?
I'm really hoping for Meatlug to complete the main kids set.
>>
File: 14875766310555167160.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
14875766310555167160.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>6199019
i dont. I just stuck with toothless. Seeing how I was obsessing over him only.

Now if they made hiccups mothers dragon. I'd throw all of my money at build a bear
>>
>>6199017
I wish the edge of the fabric they used for the fins wasn't so sharp
>>
>>6199017
Oh man toothless was a nightmare. We had people harassing our FedEx guy the day the restock was supposed to come after he sold out the first time. At least you didn't blow $200 on eBay like some people
>>6199011
No pictures released yet, not even to employees but it wouldn't be surprised. Detachable shells means you can dress the animal which means more money. >>6199006
Not according to this guy but I wouldn't know any better.
>>
>>6199056
Yeah, aren't toothless's wings detachable for that very reason?
After all, if you can't dress it, it's not really build a bear.
>>
>>6199065
Yep. Which is good for some things but bad for others. Because the company is now so focused on dressing the animals it's kinda moved away from the more unique body types? Less animal diversity more brightly colored dress-able Bears. You don't see things like our old stingray anymore cause it's physically impossible to dress.
>>
>>6199056
I almost did. Well not $200 but more than I would of been comfortable with. Im glad i just asked employees the restock date. Then just called in till I was told they had it.
>>
>>6199045
The material they use for the wings & tail bums me out. It gets creases & bent very easy.
>>
BAB makes me wish Monster Hunter was a bigger thing here in the states because then we'd get Palico and monster armor collab items.
>>
>>6196335
> don't want to be a freak weirdo 20 year old getting bears.

Then pretend you are 30. Those extra years will make you feel more secure of yourself.
>>
its not my thing but its a really cool concept so im glad it exists for those who like it be they kids or collectors
>>
>>6199069
Did they ever have eight legged pants for the octopus bear?
>>
>>6201106
Nope, mostly just displayed the octopus in dresses though we did squeeze one into a bathing suit because that's what the kid said they wanted. Unless something is a liscenced charcater they're unlikely to get an outfit that will fit just them.
>>
So what's everyone's current final answer? I got one of each goblin and a skelly builder.
>>
They're cute as hell so I say go for it OP. I'd like to go there again.
>>
>>6199017
I had my store (back when I had one at my mall) call me when their refill shipment came in, never have I ever powerwalked so fast across a building.

I love my Toothless but I wish the wings and fin materials were softer. He kind of hurts to cuddle.

I also have a werewolf, a husky, and a wolf (found at Goodwill). I can't justify buying clothes for them, I want to but then I think that I could spend it on a solid toy or stuffed animal instead.
>>
File: zhoto1141.jpg (23KB, 269x384px) Image search: [Google]
zhoto1141.jpg
23KB, 269x384px
I like having a look at the store in our mall, love watching the machine they use to stuff the bears.

I only once bought something from them, the Jedi Outfit, to put onto a Rilakkuma bear (pic related, I wanted the Obi-Wan bear).
Unfortunately it was sold out everywhere online except for one official BAB store that wouldn't ship to my country (UK to other EU country).
Was long after the outfits had been released too, so ebay prices were high.
Walked by our local store one day and they just put up a last one they had found in storage.
It's a little tight on the Rilakkuma and it lacks a hole for his tail, but eh.

Charmander nearly got me, but the constantly open mouth is a little unnerving after a while.
Their stuff is definitely nice and I like the stores.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.