[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Usagi Yojimbo figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 16

File: 00_Usagi Yojimbo__scaled_800.jpg (240KB, 800x834px) Image search: [Google]
00_Usagi Yojimbo__scaled_800.jpg
240KB, 800x834px
It finally happened, lads
>>
The Samurai Turtles wave looks great but I'm particularly impressed with Usagi in the Samurai armor. Playmates outdid themselves.
>>
Curiously, Jei is missing. I could have sworn he was shown with Usagi at an earlier toy show.
>>
>>6192425
I'm torn because I like Usagi, and this figure has more articulation than most TMNT figures, but I just really don't like how it looks. Mostly the length of the arms and the size of the head bug me. I feel like his arms are too long and his head is to small.
>>
>>
File: usagi.jpg (31KB, 350x424px) Image search: [Google]
usagi.jpg
31KB, 350x424px
>>6192425
>that head sculpt/stylization
Absolute fucking trash
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 800x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 800x721px
>implying I don't already have an Usagi Yojimbo figure
>>
>>6192482
It's by far the best Usagi figure released, but you're definitely right about the head size. My guess is they compensated for his ears by shrinking the head down to make him fit in the standard 4" mold. Why they didn't just include the ears as a snap-in accessory is beyond me.
>>
>>6192442

He was. You can make him out in a picture someone got at London Toy Fair.
>>
>>6192425
His regular outfit is meh but his >>6192429
armor outfit looks fucking tits
>>
File: s-l640[1].jpg (39KB, 623x640px) Image search: [Google]
s-l640[1].jpg
39KB, 623x640px
>>6192496
The original Playmates figure is fucking awesome, it's just not comic-accurate.
>>
>>6192442
>>6192483
I feel like these are missing wrist articulation and as always playmates will fuck it up by omitting paint.
>>
>Usagi

when does the pain train end.

I was expecting a silly comic about samurai bunny man. Not to have my heart ripped out nearly every issue.
>>
>>6192425
>Playmates.
>Not shit.

Wow. I'm impressed.
>>
>>6192425

Looks really good, honestly. The head is a bit small, but I'll take it anyway.
>>
>>
I wish Usagi got more attention outside of being that one rabbit everyone kind of knows from TMNT
>>
The 2k3 figure continues to be the best Usagi figure yet, too bad it has shit articulation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bzzYxFKgPc

The Samurai Turtles wave looks legit as hell. I love the horse-and-rider combo packs.
>>
>>6192425
Given that playmates tmnt final production figures are always missing at least one paint app, Im betting he'll come without a face and the swords will be one solid color.
>>
>>6200151

maybe it's just me but Id love a non enraged or angry looking Usagi fig. He's a pretty upbeat friendly guy until crossed. Really just tired of ANGRY FACES!
>>
I really don't understand Playmates' logic. The re-released figures with those new paint jobs are just fucking ridiculous.

Not ones like Bebop and Rocksteady, mind you, those look pretty good. But the urine-soaked Shredder, or green Rahzar? What the hell is up with that? Why waste the paint on something that'll pegwarm?

Is it really just a matter of "well kids will see it as new so they'll want it?" It's just so disheartening.
>>
>>6201125
I was hoping that Playmates got his name right and Dan-o was being an idiot as usual but nope right there on the big fig box it say "Usagi Yojimbo"
well at least the 2k3 show got it right.
>>
>>6192425
am... am I supposed to be happy about this as someone who actually likes Usagi Yojimbo..???
>>
>>6201859
That's not his name
It's Miyamoto Usagi
Usagi Yojimbo is the name of his comic book.
It would be like it you started calling Superman "Action Comics"
>>
>>6201940
Don't say that.
The person who TOTALLY read it and doesn't even like TMNT, for realz guys, is going to tell you how stupid you are.
>>
>>6201890
Yojimbo is a job title. Bodyguard Usagi still makes more sense as a character name than "Action Comics".
>>
>>6201948
yeah what kid is going to know thats what it means, they are just going to think that's his name, and it's not.
Doesn't matter if it makes more sense it's still wrong.
>>
>>6201890
>>6201953
Usagi Yojimbo is literally Rabbit Bodyguard. It makes as much sense as Mutagen Man or The Shredder and nobody bitches because the packaging doesn't say "Oroku Saki".
>>
>>6192504
I kind of like the one released by Antarctic Press Toys. It looks nice, has some good proportions and has the bonus of having actually be designed by Stan Sakai.

It's only semi-lacking in the articulation department, with mostly swivel joints, but it's still a fantastic figure.

>>6195614
So, when I was a child, I was introduced to Usagi through the 80s TMNT cartoon, which eventually lead to me discovering the comic and immediately this figure definitely my favorite (Though Slash was a very close second). Stan Sakai hated it because it looked nothing like the comic or cartoon representations. He saw it as "He-man with a rabbit head". Literally his words.
>>
File: pixlr.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>6192425
>people like this garbage

There are far superior Usagi figures already
>>
>>6192425
Will this end up suddenly cancelled?
>>
>>6195726
There are plenty of light hearted issues. Like...
>The one where he kills an old lady after she's suffered through the pain of murdering her own son.
>The one where he discovers that his rival's wife's son is actually his own son but he can never tell him.
>The one where he falls in love with another woman, but she is betrothed to a member of the royal family, and honor and duty before self.

Damn, nevermind, all I can think of at the moment are tragic.
>>
File: usagi.jpg (68KB, 411x481px) Image search: [Google]
usagi.jpg
68KB, 411x481px
>>6202345
Herp a derp, forgot to post the picture. He even comes with Spot, yo.
>>
>>6202348
Damn, where's the one on the right from?

[spoiler]Left is unposeable dogshit
>>
>>6202353

How about the time where he was starting to feel something for the waitress but by the time he returned to her she was killed by a mugger.
>>
>>6203117
And the time when Spot leaves him for Zato-Ino.

I crie.
>>
>>6203254
>Jiro named his own lizard Spot instinctively

;_;
>>
>>6202533
It's a custom. Used the head from the one on the left.
>>
File: 1392946478609.jpg (152KB, 637x495px) Image search: [Google]
1392946478609.jpg
152KB, 637x495px
>>
>>6204937

>Tomoe could very well be preggers with Usagi's second bastard.
>>
>>
File: Usagi_Yojimbo_01__scaled_600.jpg (416KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi_Yojimbo_01__scaled_600.jpg
416KB, 600x526px
12" rape face Usagi.
>>
>>6205285
>Totally legit
>>
They finally showed off the basic figure.

Looks damn good to me.
>>
>>6215615
I'm not sure where the OP pic came from but the head seems much better proportioned here.
>>
>>6201258
But not angry face Usagi wouldn't have reason to use his swords.
>>
>>6201849
It might be a licensing issues, like how Hasbro has to use "Marvel's" or "G.I. Joe's" on some of the character packaging.
>>
>>6201953
As a huge fan of Usagi Yojimbo, I agree on the point of "Usagi Yojimbo" beimg confused for his name, as it is what I thought as a child.

HOWEVER, if my first toy was labelled Miyamoyo Usagi, I would not have recognized that it had a comic, because it was through recognition of the Usagi Yojimbo title that I discovered the comic in a dollar bin of my local comic shop.

I think having the "wrong name" is better for the franchise than using the right one and losing the connection to the source material.

Plus, what do you care? You know his real name, and anyone who cares about the character will eventually find the real character name with a quick google search and some research.
>>
>>6215615
Okay, now I'm interested. Holy fuck that looks better than OP.
>>
>>6216087
The best compromise, wordy as it may be, would be to call him Miyamoto Usagi:Yojimbo or something on the package.
>>
>>6215615
>>6215619

Keep in mind, also, that this is the hand painted prototype.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.