[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TOYS IN LA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4573.jpg (761KB, 2417x2452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4573.jpg
761KB, 2417x2452px
Hey guys,

I'm in LA for a few days (glendae area) but was wondering if you guys can suggest some toy/comic shops to check out? I am going to frank and sons on saturday but was hoping to check something out today as well.

appreciate any info :D
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (386KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
386KB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: review_gremlinss3_1.jpg (115KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
review_gremlinss3_1.jpg
115KB, 800x531px
gelndale area:
halo 13 in burbank mall
legacy comics in glendale

both are OKAY at best.

Further away:
Metldown comics in Hollywood. definitely recommend
Golden Apple comics

There's a cool toy store in Universal Studios City Walk (the non-paid part)

Get to Frank&Sons early. Parking can be a bitch. Start against one of the walls and snake your way through the place, hitting every isle. It can be overwhelming.
>>
In the OC but worth the drive: Cape and Cowl Collectibles. Best action figure store I've ever been to. They stock all the import stuff (I don't collect them but Ive see all the figuarts and others frequently posted here) and also NECA, SW, Marvel, and D.C. They have bigger stuff like vinyl godzillas and megazords too.
>>
Jungle in Downtown LA/Little Tokyo has a ton of stuff. A lot of over priced older stuff, but some really good deals too. Also lots of other Japanese stores in the area where you can get some fun little toys too.
>>
>>6185839
>>6185841
>>6185854
awesome! thanks guys.
>>
>>6185868
Not really a toy store, but if you're into tabletop/board gaming/w40k, check out Game Empire in Pasadena.
Its only about 15 minutes from Glendale and it is one of the bigger game store in L.A. area.
>>
Kinokuniya in Little Tokyo also stocks some toys and blind box type stuff. There are also various candy toys and some gunpla at Tokyo Japanese Lifestyle, but it's mostly pretty overpriced. It's worth a look anyway if you're already in Little Tokyo though--sometimes I will splurge and overpay a little if they have a candy toy I really want.
>>
>>6185854
I was a little worried at first... walked into jungle and it was just a bunch of plushies, thought I got trolled but then found it had 4 stores. Lol.
Found the gunpla/ other toys store and they had a cool collection but some of the items I wanted, like play arts kai, were all 100$ over priced.

>>6185841

Super far from where I am. Not sure if I'll make it
>>6185909
This place kinda sucked. Maybe I was at the wrong one? It was mostly a book store
>>
File: joey-and-spaceman1.jpg (127KB, 612x782px) Image search: [Google]
joey-and-spaceman1.jpg
127KB, 612x782px
>>6185909
Years back there was a place called Mitsuru's Children's shop in a plaza underneath the wooden fire tower in Little Tokyo.They had the Kamen Rider candy/soda machine out front.
Then Pony Toy go Round on 2nd. Spent lots of Summers there, as well a lots of $$$ (and this was before Japanese toys and figures were a thing here in the states, so the prices were outrageously low,)
>>
When you're coming back from Franks, stay on the 60 and check out X-Treme Toys at the Montebello mall. It's a decent little hole in the wall.
>>
Little Tokyo in downtown LA has Anime Jungle, pretty cool place to check out. It's all import figures and models. And lots of anime paraphernalia
>>
File: Employees-coming-late.jpg (7KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
Employees-coming-late.jpg
7KB, 299x169px
>>6186255
Moving kinda slow there, ain't ya kid?
>>
thanks everyone highlights were legacy comics, they had tons of toys but definitely overpriced. and game empire in pasadena is huge with tons of stuff for sale as well as space to play.

hope frank and sons is good on sat!
>>
>>6186117

Trust me that Cape and Cowl is worth it. Glendale to Garden Grove is a brutal drive in rush hour but you will be amazed by how much /toy/ approved stuff they have. If you drive there on the weekend or between 10 and 2 on a weekday it shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

Apart from toy related reasons, OC is a good area for tourist stuff. If you're planning on going to the beach Huntington/Newport is nicer than Santa Monica/Venice or Manhattan/Hermosa.
>>
>>6186117
Yeah, Kinokuniya is a bookstore. I only mentioned it because they do also carry toys and it's worth checking out if you're already in the area (sometimes they have stuff that Jungle doesn't).
>>
>>6185733
Don't skip Blast From the Past in Burbank for non-Japanese stuff. Quick drive from Glendale, even during the week.
>>
>>6185733
Visit Lil Tokyo, there a lot of import shops
>>
>>6185839
>Get to Frank&Sons early. Parking can be a bitch
big time. I miss the days when FnS was a bit more low key.
Things were cheaper and it was way less crowded.
>>
>>6185854
Recommend Jungle too. Also kinokuniya is just a short walk from there over at Weller Court.
>>
>>6187582
ITT: people don't bother reading the previous suggestions
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.