[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engrained Toy Memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 8

File: 188508.jpg (175KB, 410x241px) Image search: [Google]
188508.jpg
175KB, 410x241px
My older brother used to put King Hiss in my pillowcase as a 3-year-old because that figure scared the shit out of me and I'd end up screaming in the middle of the night. One night my dad just threw the figure away because he was fed up with that shit.

I can vividly remember opening my new Beast Wars Claw Jaw whenever I hear "How Bizarre" by OMC.

Playing with my first Gundam Wing figure, the 4.5" Wing Gundam, while watching Bicentennial Man on VHS for the first time in the family den.

And I can't help but think of Liger Zero whenever I use a retractable razor blade because I cut the fuck out of my finger building the motorized model in 2001.

There's a thousand more, but my question for /toy/ is:
What are those nostalgic or traumatic or whatever-the-fuck toy memories you have?
>>
File: tumblr_n88iy2zllZ1qfr4j8o1_1280.jpg (165KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n88iy2zllZ1qfr4j8o1_1280.jpg
165KB, 768x1280px
My sister had a doll I was deeply terrified of when I was around 4 or 5. It was a toddler sized plastic doll, that could stand and if you layed her down she gave a cry that sounded more like a shriek. It had a sound chip or something. It had red hair and a red dress with white polka dots. Was about the size of Chucky, but hard plastic.
I can't tell why I was so afraid of it, but I still remember the sheer terror I felt every time I saw it. Imagine a kid just breaking down in a terror fit. The doll couldn't be left out and around in the house, my mom stored it in a closet and I couldn't even go near it. I called it the crying doll.
Pic related. Found a pic, that's the doll.
>>
File: IMG_6960.jpg (363KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6960.jpg
363KB, 499x750px
I liked taking his pants off and pretended his tail was a long dick, or "pee pee"
>>
File: 1480122735911.gif (3MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1480122735911.gif
3MB, 426x426px
>>6185403
Holy shit are you me?
>>
File: IMG_7990.jpg (249KB, 1240x1101px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7990.jpg
249KB, 1240x1101px
Had pic related as a kid. Ran him under water and put him in the freezer in a pose and when I opened it, it looked like he was frozen like that. Eventually I accidentally broke his arm off doing this. Tried to fix it with gorilla glue but I didn't realize it was expanding gorilla glue so he had a giant mound of glue around the base of his shoulder. I also burned him to a crisp with a lighter to pretend that he was hit by a meteorite.

I was a dumb kid but I had a lot of fun with this thing. I would post a picture but he's buried in a time capsule in my old neighborhood that me and my friends made before we all went off to college
>>
File: sm4-550x quality=85.jpg (135KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
sm4-550x quality=85.jpg
135KB, 550x365px
My sister used to have these Sailor Moon figures with removable dresses. I would ask her to borrow them when I was playing with my figures. Then I'd have the villains always kidnap them and strip them down so they could feel up their boobs, and Spider-Man would have to rescue them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1838x970px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1838x970px
>about 3 years old
>woke up on Christmas morning
>found a huge pile of Star Wars POTF toys under the tree
>had about as many in the picture

Turns out my father used a good chunk of his Christmas bonus to get them.

I miss that man..
>>
going toy hunting with my father, picking up the tallgeese 1 that was stashed away and opening that shit to billy joel's "sleeping with the television on" in the back seat.
>>
File: futron 2.jpg (95KB, 1484x944px) Image search: [Google]
futron 2.jpg
95KB, 1484x944px
>>6185012
>I can vividly remember opening my new Beast Wars Claw Jaw whenever I hear "How Bizarre" by OMC.

Whenever I hear 'One More Try' by George Michael I'm instantly taken back to playing with late-80s era Lego on my floor.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.