[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEGO Vs. LEPIN VS. LELE / Others???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 33

File: Lepin-VW-Bus.jpg (1019KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Lepin-VW-Bus.jpg
1019KB, 3264x2448px
Always been a hardcore LEGO fanatic but have the knock-offs gotten that good? The prices that LEGO wants is crazy for some of the bigger sets where the LEPIN and LELE sets are so much less. Thoughts??? Comments? Anyone have any experience with these knockoffs lately?
>>
>>6182616
I want a few of the retired modulars in Lepin but thats all. I generally shoplift small sets/polybags and do exchanges at the lego store for big sets. I think out of the 5 modulars I have I paid probably 40 bucks.
>>
>>6182824

Yea the modulars are nice but really expensive. Why would you get Lepin. For the savings?? Every retired set is available if you truly wanted LEGO.

**Also**

You would have to lift quite a bit of poly product (and return it without anyone catching on) for you to be able to do that. That's like $800 worth! LEGO stores have security cameras.

I'm not saying it's impossible but more likely improbable that you'd get (5) $150+ modulars for $40 with the rest made up from poly returns.
>>
>>6182848
The lepin town center alone is like 60-100 bucks vs 450 for lego.
I steal from random places (walmart etc). A handful of polybags is like 24 dollars worth of lego.
>>
>>6182824
>>6182900
How do you do it?
>>
>>6182970
Wear a heavy jacket. When you grab a handful hold them like in a fist kinda so they are compacted together and I usually then walk up and down a random aisle or two and after about 3 minutes or so I slip them in my pocket. Sometimes I'll grab anywhere from 10-14 bags in one run lol I'm a bad person. The great thing is theres no plastic for the metal detectors. Usually I'll get a total haul of like 20-25 polybags and a small set or two which generally totals to about 150-160ish.
>>
>>6183054
also I'm probably going to get caught one day and wouldn't steal unless the store is super busy at the time. I think I'm a kleptomaniac
>>
>LELE
Is reddit making lego knockoffs now?
>>
>>6183059
You think??
Depending on your age... Is that what you want to get busted for? There are so many cameras in the stores now.

What are you in for... Stealing LEGO man... Ha!
>>
>>6183090
AliExpress has tons listed.
>>
>>6183094
yeah kinda sad I know I just like taking things. I also like drugs.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (163KB, 1054x585px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
163KB, 1054x585px
>>6182616
LEPIN almost looks the same as real LEGO sets from a distance but when you get up close it easy to spot the difference, especially with minifigs. Also, if the set has any type of functionality there is a good chance that the LEPIN set may not work properly.

I was curious about this as well and came across this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVs9WtbvrO8. He has a couple of videos comparing LEPIN sets with the real thing. Ultimately, I don't really think it's worth it.
>>
>>6183707
I have seen this guys comparisons and others. I'm thinking the creator series buildings would be OK to buy especially at 1/3 of the cost.

Anyone have any experience with DHL shipping and AliExpress? Does it take forever to get the stuff in?
>>
File: Everything_is_LELE.jpg (350KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Everything_is_LELE.jpg
350KB, 1600x1062px
>>6183090
lol newfag
>>
>>6183707
so basically a "get what you pay for" experience
>>
>>6182616
Considering bootleg makers don't have to pay for licenses or even employ set designers it's obvious they can have lower prices.
>>
>>6183949
Actually, some Lele/Lepin sets in their not-Ultra Agents line are pretty impressive builds.

But for the most part, you're right. They can wait for Lego to do all the marketing (for Nexo Knights, etc.) and then swoop in and release their original Nick Knights and Next Nights sets of bootleg Clay and Axl riding dinosaurs.
>>
>>6183972
>pretty impressive builds
You do relize that they actively browse people MOCs to get shit they can make into sets.
>>
>>6183973
So does LEGO, what's your point?
>>
>>6184020
The point is LEGO still has to design the set, even if it's very similar to someone's MOC.
Chinks just copy shit 1:1 without any problems.
>>
Oh my... New for 2017!

7968 Pieces!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-lepin-15016-7968Pcs-Street-View-Series-apple-university-Model-Building-Kits-Model-Blocks-Brick/32786959232.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.267.dx6DsY

Could they be breaking into their own designs???

Thoughts??

If this was in LEGO it would retail for near $600+
>>
>>6184732
Shit that actually looks neat. I'd be reluctant to order it though from the chinese. They are just as likely to send you a goat or nothing at all.
>>
>>6184745
It looks like they have quite a few new sets for 2017 and nothing that LEGO currently has out (yet). I think I just may buy one just to see.
>>
>>6184732
Fyi all of the modulars in this series were copied from Lego MOCs.

That one was on a 48x48 baseplate .vcurious how lepin handled that.
>>
>>6184807
Interesting... Yea, couldn't find a video review for that build yet.
>>
>>6184833
The box says it's 38 cm / 10 inches wide, which is 32x32, but there is no way they can fit that many pieces in. I think they made a mistake. The pictures look 48x48
>>
>>6184732
>400 Kangarooland Fun Bucks

Ehhhhhhhhhh. My penis.
>>
anyone remember the name of that building set in the late 80s, early 90s that let you build skyscrapers and it came with a little fake bomb to blow it up with?
>>
>>6182616
>???
Kill yourself
>>
>>6183973
>You do relize that they actively browse people MOCs to get shit they can make into sets.

I do "relize" that they browse "people" mocs.

I also realize that the sets I'm talking about are original. Not every chinkset is stolen from MOCPages.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170216-130657.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170216-130657.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
With the 1966 ford gt set coming out do you think they'll do one for Ferrari? I would love a lego 330 p3
>>
>>6185621
>Not every chinkset is stolen from MOCPages
You're right. Some of them were just Nexo Knights polybag recolors.
>>
>>6183139
tfw ive stole lego before
>store with no security on the floor
>toy section in the corner of store
>take a small box (ones with the push tab) take bags and instructions out, pocket
>ditch box behind something
>walk out of the entrance because there is no security waiting

I havent done it in a while because the more of done it the more sketchy it feels, but i want catwoman cycle chase but its a big box so pretty risky and im not gunna pay 25 dollars for it. Ive never stole anything that i actually wanted to buy though, if i really want it i buy it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBQuiblOG5E

Instead of dropping 120 dollars canadian i shouldve just bought this knockoff, it looks exactly the same
>>
I got the lepin vw beetle and it's missing a bag of parts. I'm missing a bunch of 1x2 one studs. A friend who got the same set are also missing the same pieces. Can't install thefront seats without it.
>>
>>6186339
I have lifted:
At-At
First Order Tie-Fighter
Poe's X-Wing
Kylo Ren Shuttle
Daily Bugle
Guardians Galaxy sets
Age Ultron sets (except the Tower)
Wall-E
Ecto-1
and a bunch of others I can't remember.

I have large shopping bags from the store, slip 1-2 sets in the bag somewhere in the store, then walk out.

Been doing this for about 3-4 years now.
>>
>>6183139
>>6186588
ITT: Shitheels
>>
File: KIMG2574.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG2574.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Steve's jet reminds me how much I want blue power. At least I have my sst
>>
>>6182616
OP here
Bought from what looks like a trusted seller on AliExpress. Got a good deal on A retired Green Grocer Modular in LEPIN.

In other news...

I dragged my SO out shopping yesterday on her day off. We hit ToysRUs, Target, and the Super Walmart out here. They ALL had the new Batman stuff out in huge displays.

Of course I was looking at the City stuff and playing the price match game. I also got some discounted stuff.

Thing is, I've built about all I got already. I may hit the local K-Mart again to see what they have left to part out and add to the collection.
>>
File: IMG_14215.jpg (388KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_14215.jpg
388KB, 1600x1200px
There's a liquidation centre here that regularly stocks chinese bricks, they've got a large amount of Enlighten sets but I have one of each by now. I hit them up once in a while looking for pic related, new brands to try out (prices are Canadian). Three of these were new to me, I've seen Block Tech sets before and none of them look any good but I had to get that fig 2-pack for the lols.

Out of the three I'd say Bozhi was the best, nothing was missing and part quality was practically par with Lego. That same quality was felt with the Loho kits, though there was a piece missing from two of the sets and those ninja segways are kind of dumb, mostly got them for the figs, skeletons and weapons.

Zhiling was by far the least of the group, they felt a lot like early generation bootlegging, the wheels in particular being poorly made and a little flashing and scratches throughout. Nothing feels loose though, rather it's the opposite with some too snug connections and sharp studs that did a number on my fingers. That said the minifigs are pretty good, the military ones in particular with their happy asian faces, and that helicopter also impressed me for how big it is.
>>
File: IMG_14232.jpg (273KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_14232.jpg
273KB, 1600x1200px
>>6188588
It hilariously comes with both an M-16 and flintlock pistol for the soldiers, I just might have to get a few more and form an Air Cav unit. Included the two Block Tech guys here, unfortunate thing about them is they don't come with any weapons or accessories but their hands do fit Lego-scale stuff.
>>
>>6186588
Much respect, one degenerate thief to another.
>>
>>6188588
Nice. Never seen an Enlighten set before. Just pics online. How's the compatibility factor / color /etc. Do they make bigger sets or is it just the smaller ones.
>>
File: IMG_10923.jpg (145KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_10923.jpg
145KB, 1200x900px
>>6190989
Enlighten does lots of big sets, from straight-up copies of Lego kits to their own lines like pic related. As far as quality goes your mileage may vary, I've noticed they've recently started to tighten up connections as well as print "enli" on the studs of many pieces, trying to up their game with the increasing number of competitors.

Most of the sets of theirs I have were from before this change and tend to be flimsy in several ways, minifigs are cool and many of the colors are close enough to be interchangeable. I've found their weakest area is technic pin connections, I think every single set I have with them has Lego pins instead.
>>
>>6194681
Thanks, I have been doing a ton of reading on this whole issue with LEGO's lawsuit against Lepin and their recent (2016) factory opening in China. There are quite a few companies making competitive and compatible product these days.

My heart belongs to LEGO but my $$ for retired sets will go to their rivals. The secondary market has really driven the price up on any disco'd LEGO sets.

I've always said that competition is good for the consumer. I've ordered my first Lepin modular and i'll see what it looks like. I'd be inclined to buy more retired sets and some sets that were not done in LEGO. (MOCS / original designs.)

I remember when you could get great deals on ebay. Now companies auction by the pound and buy everything for sale up to sort through and resell.

I miss the days of the yard sale finds.
>>
>>6182616
The bootlegs are cool I guess. Good for the price.
>>
File: IMG_20170219_160638.jpg (274KB, 1274x722px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170219_160638.jpg
274KB, 1274x722px
LEPIN Wall-E's pretty good.

Plastic quality feels very close to LEGO and the fit is just as good.

The best thing about it is you cant really tell it's a bootleg AND it's half the price of a legit one.
>>
File: IMG_11160.jpg (246KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11160.jpg
246KB, 1600x1200px
>>6194770
I feel the same way in general about Chinese bricks, some of the Enlighten sets I have are long-gone Lego sets brought back to life in slightly different colors, like pic related.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_212929_878.jpg (4MB, 4636x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_212929_878.jpg
4MB, 4636x2988px
I've got the Lepin version of the VW Beetle and the Mini Cooper. The quality is excellent.
>>
>>6196092
Apart from that there was a green flat 1x3 missing. I've just applied for a replacement on the Lego website as it will be quicker than waiting for it to come from China.
>>
>>6196092
Those are nice. I think I might get the beetle myself. How long did it take to get to you and to what country??
>>
>>6198725
It took about 2 weeks to the UK.
>>
>>6199272
Thanks, I'm in the states and it's been 4 days now and it still says "Awaiting Shipment" in the status. My first order and it is through a very reputable seller with great feedback and 1000's of sales.
>>
>>6199709
If it's from the same store that I bought from then they didn't seem to mark it as shipped for ages after actually sending it.
>>
>>6199947
ahh ok thanks. I'm looking at getting a few other things as well from different sellers. I have not heard too many horror stories based on Ali orders and their sellers. I did have some things in my wish list that when I checked in on them the sellers had closed up shop just days later. (And these were larger sellers with lots of positive feedback.)
>>
>>6199968
Which store was it? I ordered from LEPIN BRICKS store.
>>
>>6201480
(Dream House) was there up until last Thursday. Then gone. Had a ton of Lepin listed too.

I ended up ordering through (H&H Co.).
>>
File: ATAT.jpg (29KB, 495x371px) Image search: [Google]
ATAT.jpg
29KB, 495x371px
I took the plunge and bought the Lepin AT-AT. Brick quality was superb, and the minifigs were spot on. Managed to compare it to a friend's and we were incredibly impressed.

Now, whilst Lepin have been good quality, they've never been THIS good before. I'm interested if the AT-AT is a fluke or if all their new sets are going to be this good.
>>
>>6183731
>Bootleg Lego companies have their own movies and you still don't have a gf.
>>
>>6183090

Isn't that meme nearly a decade old?

Are we really pretending that 90% of /toy/ users aren't also active on the various toy subreddits as well?
>>
>>6203197
You can bootleg all sorts of shit, but the technology to bootleg a girlfriend isn't there quite yet. Give it time.
>>
>>6186339
I've only ever stolen one set from a store and it was mostly out of vengeance. I don't remember what the store did to dick me over, but I do recall that they did. It was just that little jester set from Kingdoms. I popped open the back and took all the parts. I also took this one Hulk figure from them as well. Karma kicked in and one of the legs pops off from time to time.

Other than that, I rescued a minifigure or two that were lying in an opened package.
>>
Received my Shop@home city building yesterday and have a different one coming via AliEx. I planned on building them both.

Should I feel guilty if I changed my mind and hang onto the Lego set, wait for them to retire it and sell for profit?

How many of you actually do this and just won't admit it?
>>
>>6204801
I have a spare encounter on jakku i got half off. I dunno if itll even raise in price upon retirement but ill sell it if it does, if not half price was a good enough deal to have a second one/the parts
>>
>being too poor to afford real Lego
>>
>>6205388
>being too stupid to avoid getting jewed by Lego
>>
>>6182824
lol pathetic
imagine being a guard and seeing a grown man steal toys for kids on security camera
>>
>>6207536
Imagine getting away with it and selling the figures making a profit of roughly $50 per set.
>>
>>6207567
>imagine thinking that $50 is a lot of money
>>
>>6207593
Imagine thinking that earning $50 for nothing is bad.
>>
desu lego probably owns that brand
>>
>>6207992
Why would they undercut themselves?
>>
>>6207992
I'm thinking differently...
LEGO has pulled themselves out of their slump in 2000. I don't think they could risk a scandal as great as making a knockoff to compete against their name brand.

I do think their prices have gotten expensive. The aftermarket is a great place to get retired sets. Why pay hundreds for a retired set that originally went for $60 years ago when you can buy the aftermarket brand for less than the original.

Will I ever JUST get LEPIN / LELE and replace my LEGO purchases? No. I still think LEGO is a good company. I just will watch my spending.

Now if AliE could just get their shipping act straight! I guess it is coming on a slow boat from China.
>>
>>6212509
The monopolist can actually increase profit by selling at more than one price. Let's say it costs 10 bucks to make a lego. Lego can sell the lego for 100 bucks and make a nice profit, but some people will be like 'no way, that's too much.' Lego can then sell those people Lepin, which also costs 10 buck to make, for 20 bucks and still make a profit. This is the principle behind steam sales.
>>
I'm new to this board but are knockoffs popular here?
>>
>>6216648
You just posted in a thread discussing this. Why not try and read it, Dipshit?
>>
>>6216656
No need to sperg out because a few years ago they are shunned.
>>
>>6216648
Depends, good quality knockoffs are more than welcome.
>>
>>6216657
Is that even English, Paco?
>>
>>6205388
I don't understand why people want to buy current sets in bootleg form when most of the time there will be a good discount just slightly more expensive than the bootlegs.
But if I were interested in getting UCS star destroyers I woud rather pay 100$ to the chinese than 750$ to some fucking scalper.
>>
>>6183054
> theres no plastic for the metal detectors
It's kind-of sad, really. Those metal detectors should get some plastic one of these days.
>>
>>6196111
How do you do that, They don't ask for proof?, Nice triples by the way.
>>
>>6219123
See this is what I don't care for. Someone buys a LEPIN set. There seems to be missing pieces. They can go back to the seller and say, "Hey I'm missing some pieces."

Good luck from hearing back from most sellers.

Or do what this anon did and go to the LEGO website and report missing pieces from his set. As long as you have the set # and the part number of the missing bricks you can ask for LEGO to send replacements.

No proof is necessary or was last time I had heard. They just want the set # and the part # from the back of the instructions which can be gotten on line.

Now mind you, You can do this once, maybe twice because I've heard of only one instance in 25+ years of collecting that LEGO missed a part. They usually ship extra. (Which I never understood why.)
>>
>>6219289
Not that this is legal in any way.
>>
>>6219289
>I've heard of only one instance in 25+ years of collecting that LEGO missed a part. They usually ship extra. (Which I never understood why.)

The pieces that you get duplicates of are parts that are too light to reliably register on their weight sensors.

As all the different pieces tumble off the production lines and get sorted into various sets, weight sensors are used to verify that X set got Y pieces in Z quantity. A single 1x1 tile isn't enough to set off the sensor, so the machine spits out two tiles, so another machine can verify that "tile machine did give me 1x1 tile YES".
>>
>>6219312
Interesting. Did not know this...
But it does make sense.
You work for them?
>>
>>6219502
No, but the reason for duplicate pieces is common knowledge to anyone who lurks in the Lego General for more than a couple of weeks. TLG is pretty open about it.
>>
Lego haven't emailed to say they have sent the piece yet so they probably aren't going to. I guess I'll go see if I can buy one from my local Lego store.
>>
>>6219665
Something wrong with Bricklink?
>>
>>6219656
I've lurked in the Lego Gen for about two years on and off and never seen it mentioned in such a straightforward manner. I knew it was smaller pieces but never knew it had to do with the actual weight as I've received a set with extra larger pieces like a full 1X2 standard brick before.
>>
>>6219668
No but I can have a browse whilst I'm in there.
>>
I cant bring myself to support Lego competitors who are blatantly ripping them off. I guess Im just a good goy.
>>
>>6195310
The color scheme looks pretty awful, had the original way back.
>>
>>6202662
Bought the exclusive Millenium Falcon set.

2-3 bricks broken. All pieces there (more like 100 extra pieces altogether).

Regular pieces do not have basically any difference. Technic pieces however have "different" tolerances as compared to real ones - for example the blue-2-1 joint pieces are really, really tight.
>>
Lego have just shipped my replacement for the missing part in my Lepin Mini.

It won't be 100% knock off.
>>
>>6220768
See I think this is really wrong. And once Lego figures this is happening they will make you provide proof of purchase. Adding another step and thus causing the price of Lego to go up.

But yea, At least it won't be 100% knock off. It'll be 99% knock off 1% ripped off.
>>
File: trre.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
trre.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>6221455
Shit yeah they will really feel that 1x3 tile squeezing the profits.
>>
>>6219683
Because it's wrong.
Lego adds extra pieces in case you lose some.
That's why there are always +1 for each bag.
>>
File: 71p84wHv3YL._SL1000_.jpg (214KB, 1000x820px) Image search: [Google]
71p84wHv3YL._SL1000_.jpg
214KB, 1000x820px
Lifetime LEGOfag here, got interested in knock-offs.
I found this on Amazon for ~34 euros and wanted a suggestion regarding the price: is it about right or too much for what it is? Also, is Cobi a good knock-off LEGO? I've seen that they've done some World of Tanks licensed sets.
And what about this one: https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Century-Military-WW2-German-Panzer-IV-F2-Tank-3D-Model-Cannon-Panzerkampfwagen-923-Building-Blocks-Armored/32762171298.html
>>
>>6225616
That's not strictly speaking a 'Lego knockoff' it more of a Lego compatible interlocking building block set. Like Oxford, Mega Bloks or Kreo.
>>
How are knockoff or 3rd party baseplates on Aliexpress? I am really tempted to buy some of these, since I've not got many plain baseplates.
>>
>>6182616
I ordered the Green Grocer in Lepin back at the start of February. It said "In-Stock" at the time I placed the order. About 10 days goes by and I was asked to extend the order as production was delayed. I could buy the Lele set if I wanted though. I extended hoping to see the Lepin at some point. This AM I just got another email saying they were not producing the Green Grocer until the end of the month now. Ugh. What is everyone's thoughts on the Lele product vs. the Lepin. I always thought that the Lepin was the better of the knock-offs... Anyone? Should I wait for the Lepin or just get the Lele?
>>
>>6225616
>is it about right or too much for what it is?
Original price was ~41 euro but it's hard to tell if it's right or too much.
>is Cobi a good knock-off LEGO?
It's not bad although the guy who thought inject point should be right at the center of a brick should be buried in a coffin filled with bricks.
>>
>>6225817
I got some on ebay, they were just as good as the real thing
theres some issues with larger plates not fitting to them without some persistence, but its worth it for a third of the price of lego baseplates
>>
>>6225826
I am in the same situation. I am waiting for the Lepin myself, but I am also curious about LELE
>>
>>6230158
I've been having great dialog with my overseas seller. They are willing to sell me the LELE version for less than the LEPIN but after I asked them about the quality the said LEPIN is the better set. I'll just keep extending the purchase time and hope LEPIN delivers at the end of this month as the seller stated. What set are you looking at?
>>
>>6230323
Why not just cancel the order and go to another seller?
>>
>>6230440
No one has them at the moment. I've emailed a few sellers with good feedback scores. I have also read some sellers are shipping the LELE in place of the LEPIN without telling the buyer figuring its the same thing.
>>
>>6230578
H&H gave me the same story. They told me that everyone who has it has been peddled the LELE version. I finally broke down and switched my order to the Emporium.
>>
>>6231454
That's EXACTLY who I am dealing with. (H&H) I'm going to hold out for the Green Grocer in LEPIN. They keep asking me to switch to another product. They are the ones who told me that LEPIN is better then LELE.

Let me know how quick your order ships and when you get it and what country you are in. Curious as to see how long it takes to get to the US. (Me)
>>
>>6231572
I just received the Lepin Emporium. I was shocked how fast I got the order. The baseplate also turned out to be ALOT Thinner than the Baseplate BricksYouMayWant Reviewed on his youtube.

Country USA, switched order to Emporium on Friday Night March 3
>>
>>6232411
So it took a week? And this was through H&H?? Same cost as the Green Grocer correct? And it was genuine LEPIN?

Great to hear about the baseplate. I just may do this tonight. I really want the Green Grocer though... Are you still planning on getting it as well? Will you preorder or wait until it shows available again?

Let me know how the build goes and if you are missing any pieces.

Have Fun!
>>
File: Emporium.jpg (965KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Emporium.jpg
965KB, 3264x2448px
>>6232459
Ya, I was chatting with that Kitty Hu person, they switched me up since it was the same price at the time I purchased. We will assemble it this weekend but so far, everything looks fantastic.

I will definitely get the Green Grocer when its back in stock
>>
>>6232507
Sweet! Yup Kitty Hu. Great at getting right back to you. Seems like a good seller. Is this your first Lepin set? What do you think of the quality? I will be getting all the retired sets in Lepin. I have a few Lego Creator building sets already and am working on a Boston brownstone MOC this weekend.
>>
File: IMG_20170312_094402_416.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170312_094402_416.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
My spare piece arrived from Lego, it's a slightly lighter shade than the Lepin but at least it's complete now.

I also got a Wall-E and Caterham, I built the Wall-E yesterday.
>>
>>6234679
That was pretty fast to get spare parts. I'm still awaiting a pick a brick order from almost 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>6235017
Not really, I applied for the replacement parts on 19th of February so it's taken the best part if a month.
>>
>>6232507
How'd it turn out? I'm still holding out for the Lepin green grocer. Let me know if you order one and where. I ordered a bunch of parts (ebay,bricklink) for the brownstone. I've got the framework laid out size wise and will attempt something that fits perfectly into the modular scale.
>>
>>6222824
Yeah, no. They mention this in pretty much any documentary or news story about how lego sets are made. Along with the 10,000 dollar molds and stuff, it's pretty common knowledge.
>>
>>6238081
>>6235017

Yeah, replacement parts is a pain in the ass. They only ship them from one facility, globally.

And they constantly have issues with those and Pick-a-Brick orders getting held up at customs/borders, for whatever reason. Not sure why. I think it's the carriers getting held up en masse, not their stuff specifically, but it can ridiculous.
>>
>>6238081
When a set uses X small pieces (per bag) you always get X+1.
If what he said was truth there would be 2 pieces instead of 1 but higher number would be exactly the same.
>>
>>6238321
It's a combination of both things.

One, weight sorting. Small parts, even if just a single one, you get a dupe of. Even printed or special pieces like The One Ring.

Two, lowers costs. Tiny pieces are easiest to lose. Every time they've got to ship a spare from Denmark because a customer dropped a small one and says it's "missing". The picking, packing and shipping costs there just killed the margins on a lot more than one piece.

That's why you get that +1 even when there's 2, 3, 10 of a piece.
>>
Where do you guys generally get your stuff? I've been looking at various ebay sellers, but they all seem kind of shifty.
>>
>>6239424
Lego or knock offs??

Knockoffs - AliExpress
Lego - Bricklink for specifics
Craigslist for bulk (Never know what you'll get)
Ebay if it's something I really want.

And as a last resort Shop@Home at Lego itself with a pick a brick. I also buy modulars from Lego directly.

Their nearest store is many hours away. I'd be addicted to that fill a cup for a set price thing. I'd also be broke too!
>>
>>6225616
Well, all the COBI models I can see on Taobao are over 400RMB, so more like 50EUR. Which seems rather pricey for Chinese bricks, by the way!
In comparison, there is a F2 Panzer IV for 118RMB, made of 1200 pieces. Much less sexy looking, to be fair. But you're asking about prices...
>>
>>6239952
>seems rather pricey for Chinese bricks
>>
File: lepin haunted house.jpg (49KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
lepin haunted house.jpg
49KB, 495x500px
> Monster Fighters haunted house going for $300-$400
> Really want one
> See this for $100

Guide me /toy/
>>
>>6240979
The Lepin set I got was insanely good for a knockoff, almost indistinguishable from Lego.
>>
>>6240979
Usually the worst thing about Lepin is the minifigures. So get the house, and then scout out the real figures.
>>
>>6241132
>>6241245
Thanks dudes. AliExpress has it for $80 so I might actually bite the bullet on this one.
>>
File: 20170317_151320.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170317_151320.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Welcome.
>>
>>6241751
just make sure to pay for shipping if you want it any sort of time near now
I didn't pay and it was a good two and a half months to get it

But yeah, great set, the stickers are useless and the minifigs are meh (but you get a bunch of good zombie heads!). The ghosts especially weren't good. The head stud on the sheet part was too high, so i just drilled it out and kragled the head into it
I'm contemplating buying a cafe corner since I realized the only modular I want is of course cancelled and super expensive by the time I got out of my dark age
>>
>>6241888
Are you me? I was already looking at the cafe corner as my next purchase.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170317-185312.png (308KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170317-185312.png
308KB, 720x1280px
>>6240979
>>6241888
Also found a sick LED set to add to it. Pretty excited.
>>
>>6241912
Sweet!
>>
>>6207567
Imagine not getting away with it and going to jail for stealing childrens' toys to make profit on them. Get a fucking job, loser.
>>
File: IMG_20170318_145613_838.jpg (147KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_145613_838.jpg
147KB, 720x720px
I built my Lepin Caterham today, pretty decent.
>>
>>6242878
How much was that? Anyone had any good experiences buying this stuff from overseas? Any good seller store names from Ali?
>>
>>6245915

Just look. There are seller ratings and customer reviews. Buy a set that has lots of positive customer reviews and a high store rating.
>>
>>6245915
Just watch out if someone is trying to sell you a LELE/another crappy off-brand version of something. You can also contact the vendor directly to see if something is in stock. If they take more than a day to respond, move on to another vendor. If you detect any deceit from the seller, its best to go to someone else.
>>
>>6245915
I got it from a store called LEPIN BRICKS and it was just over £25.

They're pretty good, I've bought a few from there.
>>
>>6245915

Yea, I have looked at the reviews and contacted a few sellers as I've read some feedback that LELE was shipped instead of LEPIN in some cases. I did find a good seller with some good feedback.

>>6246008
>>6246129
>>6246304
>>
File: IMG_0801.jpg (795KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.jpg
795KB, 2048x1536px
I got this from an eBay auction for $7, I believe it was a Lepin set. Quite frankly it's been loads of fun to mess with, the build is solid, the figures are varied, and all the functions work as intended.

I still buy Lego, but more and more I'm finding that the knockoff brands are either doing fairly satisfying clones for cheap, or that, like this set, they're doing fully realizing unique designs. There's been other sets, like a polybag-esque Riddler in a dragster car that left me scratching my head as to why Lego had never made that exact set, as it was great fun to zoom around and looking surprisingly detailed, even with unique printing.
>>
I have a Lepin Star Destroyer. Cost me 120 all up I think, I am nowhere near finishing it because of a lack of spare time.

But the quality is great. Honestly I couldn't tell the difference between real Lego and the Lepin lego.

That being said, with all the sellers on sites like Aliexpress (Where I got it) it's not unlikely they are knocking off the knockoffs right?
>>
>>6232507
How'd you make out with this set? Any missing pieces?? How was the quality?
>>
File: pythor.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pythor.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>6182616
pythor's arms are not freaking black!!!
>>
I have been buying cobi tanks and lepin german soldiers for a few months.....love them. but I hate lego for not making a military theme and making me leave them!!!!!
>>
File: 20170325_160957.jpg (287KB, 698x548px) Image search: [Google]
20170325_160957.jpg
287KB, 698x548px
I got the last Lepin set in was waiting for yesterday and built it today. A Beatles Yellow Submarine, this one even had numbered bags so it was really easy to build.
>>
File: lepin-parsche911.jpg (126KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lepin-parsche911.jpg
126KB, 640x640px
I might pick up this Lepin King Steerer 911 for $80, the Lego Porsche 911 is around $300.
>>
>>6183731
>The the the movie
>>
I bought a LELE Green Grocer a few months back off AliExpress for $53 shipped. Was a wonderful experience. 0 missing pieces, 0 broken parts, and got two bonus LED bricks. I would definitely recommend going that route for the retired modulars. The colors are a tiny bit funky, but for the price you really can't go wrong.
>>
I have a Lepin Ferrari F40 on the way. I'm tempted to get one of the larger architecture sets too. Probably the Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal or Tower Bridge.

Then again I kinda want the SSD or Tantive IV, decisions decisions.
>>
>>6255291
Who was the seller? What store?
>>
Is LEPINBRICKS a generally good seller? Or H&H Co. a better way to go? I'm new to the chinabrix and want to grab a Parisian Restaurant (so I don't get overly tempted to get the legit Assembly Square)
>>
>>6257750
I haven't had any issues with LEPINBRICKS, I had a missing part from something but they've sent a replacement out.
>>
>>6257750
Go with Lepinbriicks, h&h "presells" things they dont have in stock and will try to switch you.
>>
>>6257750
>>6258000
>>6258080
The only thing I've seen H&H presell is the Green Grocer in LEPIN. I ordered it when it was still in stock but the next day it was PreSell. I did ask about it and was told I could order a different set in LEPIN or get the Green Grocer in LELE. I decided on another LEPIN set as I was told LEPIN was the better maker of these bricks. In that set I was missing two common bricks and two uncommon bricks. I contacted the seller and they said they'd mail those right off to me. That was last week. We shall see. I have to say H&H have excellent communication but noticed my CC was charged at the time of order regardless of any item being shipped. 1 Week shipping time with actual set once I decided what I wanted.
>>
>>6258000
>>6258080
Thanks guys, I just ordered a Parisian Restaurant. Hopefully it'll get here soon, and I won't be missing anything!
>>
>>6258213
I just bought about Lepin set, the Fire Brigade. I know it has issues concerning the door but I really am trying to complete my sets before my son is born
>>
File: LepinFireBrigade.jpg (375KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
LepinFireBrigade.jpg
375KB, 2048x1152px
>>6261222
Finished the Emporium, and now starting on Fire Brigade. The quality of the bricks is excellent but Lepin has been missing important pieces. Also their base plates are ghastly poor. Both sets will need to be torn down and base plates replaced. I have tried warping them back with weights to no avail. I have read of some other solutions using hair dryers, but its just easier to use a legitimate Lego plate.
>>
File: IMAG0042.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0042.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>6240979

Same anon here. Check what came in today. Gonna build this baby tomorrow, I'll post my thoughts on it.
>>
>>6262352
maybe try heating them up with a blow dryer and putting a heavy book on top of them
>>
>>6262352
I weigh it down in the sink and run warm to mildly hot water over it for a period of time. Then I let it cool with the weight on it. This has worked on both LEPIN and Lego plates.
>>
>>6263025
>>6263876
Great advice, I will try it out!
>>
>>6263009
Can't wait to see how it goes. Really thinking about picking it up.
>>
File: IMAG0043.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0043.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>6263009
>>6264175

So I finally hammered this out. Don't remember when I started building it, but I estimate it took me about 6 hours. I'm in love with how it turned out. No pieces missing, and the bricks were fantastic quality. Even the minifigs were great. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who doesn't wanna spend the literal hundreds to find the Lego version like me. $80 was totally worth it.
>>
File: IMAG0044.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0044.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>6264202
2/4
>>
File: IMAG0045.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0045.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>6264203
3/5
>>
File: IMAG0046.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0046.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>6264205
4/5
>>
File: IMAG0047.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0047.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>6264208
And 5/5

Great set, really pleased.
>>
>>6264213
Wow, that all looks great. I'm going to buy one on Wednesday, can't wait!!
>>
>>6264213
Very cool! Thanks for update
>>
My advice is to buy it while you still can. Since Lego opened a factory in China, everybody knew they were going to go after Lepin et al. The Chinese govt is very good at enforcing property rights when they have an incentive to do so. Lepin and other copycats are going to be fucked.

The smart ones like Gudi have moved away from copying Lego.
>>
>>6264202
>Even the minifigs were great
Somebody else said the minifigs were crap and they had to cut/drill the ghosts to get them to fit. No problems at all with yours?
>>
File: Capture+_2017-04-03-18-11-51.png (232KB, 720x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-04-03-18-11-51.png
232KB, 720x1187px
See you in a month droids
>>
>>6265188
I think the ghosts might have been the only ones that were a bit off, the heads don't fit all the way on mine either bit it's hardly noticeable.
>>
I'm getting my second retired creator series in LEPIN this week. I find the build quality to be pretty good. Not sure why everyone is complaining about the minifigs. I think they are great.

I did buy some other minifigs from a different seller. Various brands. Some were better than others. Lepin has their stuff together.

I hope Lego doesn't win that lawsuit. This is a great way to get retired sets.
>>
>>6271335
You could always bricklink them.
>>
>>6271344
Looking at some bricklink figs. Some marked up $20 each, Some $50+. I'll take my chances on a .80 Chinese knockoff that I'm going to just display.
>>
>>6255036
I laughed harder than i should've, thanks for that!
>>
File: IMG_20170412_184458_066.jpg (2MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_184458_066.jpg
2MB, 2988x2988px
My Lepin F40 arrived yesterday, I'll build that tomorrow on my birthday as it was a little gift to myself.
>>
>>6182616

There is nothing that says you can't own both, but mixing is treason. Treason is punishable by death.
>>
When you guys get an order in from Ali, how do you handle it? Do you say it got delivered and then message the seller later? Or do you leave it unconfirmed until you're done building in case there's a missing piece?
>>
>>6239952
>Chinese

Cobi comes from Poland dude
>>
>>6265186
The Chinese govt is very good at enforcing property rights when they have an incentive to do so.

It all depends on which company is paying out more money to the Chinese government.

I can't find the link right now, but awhile back, I read an article about how the bootleg nanoblock company Loz had managed to win a lawsuit against a few smaller nanoblock bootleggers, like Wise Hawk. Loz won the case, and forced the other companies to shutdown, even though they're just another knock off company themselves.

The article said that one of the main reasons that Loz won, was because they payout more tax money to the Chinese government. I think some of the higher ups, at the other companies even got some jail time.
>>
>>6283123
It's best to build it and make sure all the pieces are there asap so you can message the seller and let them to find out what they plan to do about it, giving the pieces time to get to you if that's what the seller offers.
You could inventory the pieces instead (go to Brickset.com for the list and quantity of parts - Lepin manuals don't have an inventory in the back like LEGO manuals)
If you plan to spread out a large build and actually enjoy it.
There is another option when a seller sends an incomplete set: let them know, and through the 'dispute' option, negotiate a refund so you can replace the missing parts yourself by purchasing the original LEGO parts from BrickLink.
Try for a big refund (like 80%) and see how much the seller is willing to come back with, AliExpress are super on side with customers more than sellers, you'll be more than fine.
Hope this helps :)
>>
>>6207989
>earning
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.