[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythic Legions 2.0 Kickstarter Live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 66

>Kick Starter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s

>How to add addons to your pledge.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s/posts/1793731

>1.0 Re-issue news
http://imgur.com/a/had4J

>News
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/

>BBTS has got Covenant of Shadow in stock:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=mythic%20legions&page=1

Last thread
>>6176029
>>
Anyone know what horse figure that is? I'd love to get a horse for my Templar figure and also any recommendations on a good torch that scales well with these guys that is fisher price quality?
>>
>>6180102
lord of the rings?
>>
>>6180102
Toybiz's Lord of the Rings line. There was a nazgul that came with that horse. There were others too (Aragorn's, Legolas', I believe, Arwen's).
>>
>>6180086

Awesome photo. I'm so glad I picked up one of the trolls, the thing is fucking amazing.
>>
Does anyone know if there are any news/ updates about the Elf Ranger?
>>
File: rps20170213_083138.jpg (118KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rps20170213_083138.jpg
118KB, 768x1024px
Did some black wash on my dark-souls inspired knight. Easy to do, and goddamn does it look better. Worth trying out on a legion builder, pretty hard to fuck up.

Also shout-out to the anon who told be about Kotal Kahn's macauhuitl. I love it already.
>>
File: rps20170213_083611.jpg (88KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rps20170213_083611.jpg
88KB, 768x1024px
>>6180258
Another, closer up
>>
>>6180258
that looks swank, dude
>>
>>6180258
>Also shout-out to the anon who told be about Kotal Kahn's macauhuitl.
Nice! Glad you got it. Kahn himself would make a pretty nice lackey for Iz-Ra-Mirrus.

And that knight looks great too.
>>
>>6180086
I ended up caving and going for my first use of Kickstarter just to get that Delphina figure, she really better be worth it.
>>
Seems like the Mythic Legions line got a secret shout out from the raptor KS guy (look at the shaded 6" figure for scale he put up). He's planning to make a 1/18th scale articulated ceratopsians next, which would be an ideal mount for the 6" mythic legions knights
>>
>>6180258
>>6180259
That looks really nice!
How does the black wash works though? Did you followed a guide or something?
>>
>>6180368
That would make for a fantastic mount for Attlus, really playing up the barbarian wanderer-king aspect.
>>
>>6180371
Basically just mix it with a little water and use a small brush to smear it all over the creases, then wipe the extra off. For the thin lines in the armor, I mixed a little extra water in and dabbed it in the crack, and it's runny enough it quickly fills the whole thing in. I tested it on a a shoulder armor piece first, because I'm only using one shoulder. I'm not sure how well it would work on the skirt pieces though, just be sure the material is a little different. I found a basic YouTube video on applying washes to model kits and based it loosely on that.

The wash was Vallejo black wash, should be like 8 bucks on Amazon.
>>
File: Horses.jpg (289KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Horses.jpg
289KB, 1200x800px
>>6180110
>>6180112
They are indeed the Toybiz LotR horses. There were a bunch made in different colors and they work obscenely well with the Legions. There's also a Warg in the same scale who can also be used as a mount.

>>6180258
I may have to try that on my Silver Knight, a simple wash just makes all those details pop.

>>6180368
That's absolutely fantastic news. My wallet won't be too happy about it, but my collection will love it. Honestly, one of the reasons I even bought into this KS was to use the Raptors as pets for my Orcs. So using the Ceratopsians as mounts only makes sense.
>>
File: paintwash.jpg (113KB, 456x640px) Image search: [Google]
paintwash.jpg
113KB, 456x640px
>>6180371
Paint washing is pretty easy to do. Just get your paints and brush, a thing of water and a towel of some kind. Dip brush in paint, dip brush in water, wipe brush on figure then wipe figure clean. The watered down paint should fill into the cracks and details while wiping it clean leaves the surface area mostly undisturbed.

If you're worried about messing up a figure, you could practice on something you're not especially scared to mess up. An older figure or even a bag of green army men would be a good place to practice.
>>
>>
>>6180526
Neat.

So I'm doing the three 3 deluxe goblins and probably one army builder. Maybe two.

And then the army builder knights and maybe the elf army builder.

And probably Mandibulus.
>>
>>6180551

i'm not to sold on the hooded goblin.

He comes with a pair of horns and 2 swords and a dagger. I would have really prefered a bow instead. The horns kinda imply he's a hunter.
>>
>>6180563
That's fair. I see what they were trying to do with all the mismatched pieces, but I agree, I wish he was just a straight up rogue/hunter instead of a battlefield thief.
>>
>>6180526
Was this guy really necessary? Since there's only one goblin torso and legs, the only thing they can change for variance is arms,head, and belt/loin armor. This leads to a bit of redundancy between the three goblins with normal bodies. Also his paint job is whack.

That painted skin look for clothes doesn't look very good either, makes me worry for the fan exclusive.
>>
>>6180526
I love it.
>>6180563
>The horns kinda imply he's a hunter.
His name is Snagg, so he's probably a thief or a trapper.
>>
>>6180601
>>6180526
Yeah I agree, it's a meh character that looks kitbashed from mismatched parts. Just look at the shoulder armors, kind of retarded. Combined with torso armor that's like 3 different colored metals with 3 different textures. Why would anyone who cannot afford a torso armor (his was rusted to shit and had a lot of dings) can afford fancy mismatched shoulder armor?

Also they're trying to get the leather boots look with the brown greaves, but it looks out of place because the sculpt is of metallic greaves rather than a brand new leather boots sculpt. Finally for someone who's wearing torso armor that is weathered to shit, he had a nice clean shiny blue pajama hat.

Easy skip
>>
>>6180612
I think he's supposed to be a scavenger. I like the armor but the black arms are are a real turn-off.
>>
>>6180612
I think they were trying to go for scrounged/stolen armor from different sources look, but the final result just kinda looks like shit.
>>
>>6180619
The headsculpt's really nice though, and I'd like another set of antlers. Maybe I'll just repaint all his armor. The mismatched pieces might look better if they were all cohesively rusted/dirty.
>>
>>6180526
He's just Ok.
I can see why others are bothered by the mismatched pauldrons, but to me they're not the main problem.
The hat is. That vibrant blue really doesn't fit a hunter/thief character. Should have been dark blue at least. Probably not even blue at all.
The sculpt is really cool though.

>>6180601
>That painted skin look for clothes doesn't look very good either, makes me worry for the fan exclusive.

Good point, looks really off
>>
File: 34843-goldenaxe7[1].gif (33KB, 550x385px) Image search: [Google]
34843-goldenaxe7[1].gif
33KB, 550x385px
>>6180605
>His name is Snagg, so he's probably a thief or a trapper.

ah i didn't realize his name, but other then a cool head sculpt this is definitely the weakest of the goblins.

In this case, i think unique accessories would have done this character justice. like a little sack or something.
>>
>>6180625
>>That painted skin look for clothes doesn't look very good either, makes me worry for the fan exclusive.

I thought the Fanex gonna be a wonder woman naked type character. What are they trying to do now?
>>
>>6180632
Either that or paint the skin to look like cloth for a rogue-ish type, I don't think the vote has gone up yet to decide.
>>
>>6180636
Kek it'll look disastrous either way. Starting to build the Fanex up from torso, arms, legs onto head was a mistake.

For a wonder woman type character a unique headsculpt is a must. Hell if you want to design anything you start with drawing from the head, not from the torso. The lack of unique head sculpt really hurt the Fanex figure. Pic related is probably what we're gonna get.
>>
>>6180617
>>6180623
Definitely looks like he's supposed to be stealing gear from the battlefield. I don't care for the black sleeves and the mismatching pauldrons
>>
>>6180651
Yeah, the xena look is impossible without a normal head, just looks fucking stupid with a helmet/hood.
>>
>>6180651
Meh, I'll have to see the prototype, but that looks like an easy pass.
>>
File: fanexml6_zpsxiwulzmk.png (447KB, 323x615px) Image search: [Google]
fanexml6_zpsxiwulzmk.png
447KB, 323x615px
>>6180660
This is what they currently have. Kind of unsalvagable to be honest.

Maybe when everyone realized how much of a shit hole they dug themselves into, we can beg the 4H to give us a unique headsculpt to make the wonderwoman/xena character everyone had in mind
>>
>>6180666
That fucking legendary belt winning is pissing me off, it's elvish bullshit that doesn't match the rest of the armor at all.
>>
>>6180666
Oh yeah, that looks like trash.
>>
File: lets_kill_elves_together.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lets_kill_elves_together.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>6180601
>Was this guy really necessary?

eh.

I may not get a proper Undyne but some of those Goblin heads'll go straight on the Orc Legion builder bucks.
>>
>>6180716
> now I want to see a manlet orc with the orc head on the goblin buck
>>
>>6180716
I thought that the smaller heads are not interchangeable
>>
>>6180722
>wellmakeitfit.jpg
>>
>>6180666

give her a staff, a fire effect and bam. battlemage.
>>
>>6180741
Hey I like dota, that'd be neat.

We need more mages in this line anyway. I'm getting azza because she's really the only magey one in the line so far
>>
>>6180741
Great Idea

Not sure If they'll make a new staff accesory for the fan character though
>>
>>6180741
>her a staff, a fire effect and bam

Not that simple. First a mage needs interchangeable hands for the fire gesture, rather than the permanent handjob hands we currently had.

Second, we still need a unique hair/face. Hell here's an idea. Why not have different variable face sculpts with interchangeable hairs? Then you can mix and match the hairs among female characters and make them truly donut steel unique
>>
File: goblins.jpg (68KB, 560x266px) Image search: [Google]
goblins.jpg
68KB, 560x266px
I think this group looks great together! Too bad they don't sell them as a package.
>>
>>6180773
The legion builder with slick black armor looks like the leader in this photo.

Everyone else has armors that are rusted to shit
>>
>>6180626
>other then a cool head sculpt this is definitely the weakest of the goblins.
I don't know, I like that he has less armor than the others. Though I will probably be painting stitches onto the "cloth" parts since it just looks like jet black skin.
>In this case, i think unique accessories would have done this character justice. like a little sack or something.
That definitely would have gone a long way. Especially if it could be held over his shoulder.
>>
>>6180776

Yeah that's interesting how that worked out. I was getting a legion builder regardless, but i never saw him as a leader until this picture.
>>
>>6180776
Agreed. I was thinking the same thing even before this pic.
>>
I'm thinking of asking the 4H to have the head sculpt of pic related as legion builder instead. Having a sixtuplets goblin legion builders with no helmet and exact same headsculpt is kind of silly. Legion builders are better as faceless legions.
>>
File: Gold_goblin[1].jpg (75KB, 879x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_goblin[1].jpg
75KB, 879x1500px
golden goblin builder when?
>>
>>6180375
>>6180384
Cool, i'll pick some basic figure and try this, doesn't seem hard, and the army men test idea is not at all, i have lots of those!
Thanks guys.
>>
>>6180820
Hopefully never.
>>
>>6180813
I think a better solution would be swapping Knubnik's head for the builder's head. Knubnik's head is very neutral and generic. Even the helmet is very generic.
>>
>>6180813
i agree. i'm planning to use knibniks as my legion, and the builder as a commander.
>>
>>6180773
Huh I didn't like Snagg looking at him alone, but in a little goblin crew he's pretty cool actually. I'll have to think about this
>>
>>6180773
definitely getting gonxx and a builder,other two I'll have to pass on since I'm trying to keep a under 200 budget. Can't wait for the shaman goblins from the next kickstarter in 2 years!
>>
What's everybodys pledge at?

I'm at $400. I have a feeling it will be 500-600 by the end.
>>
>>6180834
Me too, I'm just not happy about it since Knubnik's are so much more expensive.
>>
>>6180841

im slowly dropping all the "good guys" for the bad guys. trying to keep under 300
>>
>>6180841
I'm probably looking at over $10,000 since I'm buying some for my shop.
>>
>>6180855
You could probably just flip them on ebay, honestly
>>
>>6180855
Best of luck for your shop anon. If the investment fails there's always ebay too, but don't sell them all at once on ebay because the more popular characters gonna drown the price of the less popular characters and people aren't gonna be able to bid on like 10 figures at once. It's a psychological thing
>>
>>6180829
Yeah but then Knubik gonna lose all of his personality if he's just a helmetless goblin in shit common metal armor
>>
>>6180860
>>6180872
If they don't sell at my (card and tabletop gaming)shop that's what I'll do. Those stupid Funko Pop things fly off my shelves so I figure these legitimately awesome toys have a decent shot at selling.
>>
>>6180874
The builder's face is much more expressive and menacing though. Right now Knubnik has no personality.
>>
>>6180829
>Knubnik's head is very neutral and generic.

imo Knubnik is the best looking goblin because he doesn't have a big ugly nose. he's almost cute.

>>6180666

Jesus, this is disgusting. Everyone was pulling for some female mage and then they decided to go the worst combination of skirt armor for that.
>>
>>6180841
Have enough saved for this to go All In if that doesn't exceed 1700.
>>
>>6180890
>Jesus, this is disgusting. Everyone was pulling for some female mage and then they decided to go the worst combination of skirt armor for that.

I thought people are pulling for some wonder woman/ Xena character. Everyone bought onto the concept hook and sinker when voting for the torso, arms, etc without realizing that such character requires a unique head sculpt.
>>
>>6180906

First it was wonder woman... then the female cleric from D&D, now it's some female "assassin," but it's like the worst combination of all three
>>
>>6180879
Knubnik's face has its own charm. His perpetual grumpyface is fun, he's a grizzled veteran while the builder is new blood, thinking they are hot shit
>>
>>6180666
That's, uh, kinda ugly. The outfit combination doesn't make any sense. Why would you bother wearing a hood if you're practically nude from the waist down?

Thirsty kissless neckbeards shouldn't vote, desu.
>>
File: ML2-ROUND-14.png (1MB, 741x800px) Image search: [Google]
ML2-ROUND-14.png
1MB, 741x800px
>>6180918
>Why would you bother wearing a hood if you're practically nude from the waist down?

Because the voting starts with a torso (lol), and only until round 14 that the voting for the head started. By that time it's already fucked because there's no real good head that fit the concept of >>6180906 Xena/Wonder woman

This begs the question what kind of backward ass character design starts with torso, left arm right arm etc rather than the head
>>
File: listen to what your are SAYING.png (443KB, 619x471px) Image search: [Google]
listen to what your are SAYING.png
443KB, 619x471px
>>6180612
>Why would anyone who cannot afford a torso armor (his was rusted to shit and had a lot of dings) can afford fancy mismatched shoulder armor?

You're right he should go down to the Gobbo-Mart get himself matching armor with his credit card.

It's a sword & sorcery fantasy world setting anon, not friggin Barbie.
>>
gobbo-mart playset when
>>
File: DSCN8159[1].jpg (85KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8159[1].jpg
85KB, 768x1024px
>>6180526
Eh, not as cool as it could have been. Still, neat that this line will basically have a subset of advanced dungeons and dragons remakes.
>>
File: mfw ehhhh...no.gif (1MB, 285x212px) Image search: [Google]
mfw ehhhh...no.gif
1MB, 285x212px
>>6180914
You've already headcanon'd toys that haven't been made?
>>
i want them to do a non-manface female so bad but i know it wont happen
>>
>>6180952
I mean I'm just interpreting their looks. I dunno. Grumpy but stoic vs sneering, aggressive looks to me like experienced vs recruit
>>
>>6180526
Even more waste.
I really hope the next kickstarter includes a smaller body so we can get proper goblins next time.
>>
>>6180968
Kek here comes the pedo goblin anon. Miss you buddy.

What do you think of having Triceratops >>6180368 as mount for the barbarians? Does it satisfy your conservative Barbarian values?
>>
>>6180972
i'd prefer a dragon.
>>
>>6180944
>gobbo-mart
>not Fantasy Costco
>>
>>6180953
Yeah sculpting female faces are not 4H's strongest suite
>>
>>6180972
Dude I want a horde of goblins all piling on to one triceratops.
>>
>>6180981
Those look fine to me? The one on the left slightly resembles my wife.

What exactly are you expecting with the female faces?
>>
>>6180997
should have went full anime face with narrower chin and smaller nose 2bh

I'm a fuckin total weeb tho
>>
>>6180998
>The one on the left slightly resembles my wife.
Sorry no offence dude. They're absolutely OK, but kind of have manface jaw and not very feminine.

See pic related for comparison on a 20 dollar mass retail toy.
>>
>>6181005
I did say "slightly." Mostly the eyes?

Which part of the jaw are you talking about? The length? Not every female has a round face.
>>
File: Mythic_legions_order.png (1MB, 1281x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Mythic_legions_order.png
1MB, 1281x1130px
Alright unless they start releasing some more evil stuff this should be my order.

i want more, but i really want to keep it under 300$

Normally id pass on xarria, but Scarabus needs a wife.
>>
>>6181028
Elf legion builder is kind of bullshit, its coming with 2(3?) heads, and it has a painted loin armor which none of the other builders have. Spread some of that love around to the other builders.
>>
>>6181033
Yeah honestly thats why im getting it, too much value to pass. The two knights are tempting, but they just look too plain.
>>
>>6180890
>>6180906
>>6180911

Having watched the voting from the start, despite people saying stuff like "they want Xena/Wonder Woman expy" and making mock ups for female death mages...female rogue has always been the most popular idea pushing the votes. The whole Xena concept never stood a chance because there's literally no possible head she could use to replicate that (the FanEx figure will NOT have unique parts) and the Mage idea mostly centered around her having bone wings, various tattoos and other tampos that wouldn't fit with her price point. There's also the fact that there's far more mage characters in the line then rogues (Snagg literally being the first) so the idea of a female rogue was the most popular one.

Personally, outside the torso (I went for option 10) and the belt, she's more or less what I personally was looking for. I'm not sure how the torso will look with the whole painted skin idea, but we'll figure that out when we get to the paint rounds. As of this point though, the main figure is more or less decided.

>>6180773
If they offer some kind of four-pack discount deal, I'll bite. But as is, I'll probably only bother with three of the four. Knubs and Gonxx (who I keep calling Gnoxx for some reason) are more or less guaranteed for me. So it really comes down to a choice between Legion Builder (cheaper) or Snagg (Unique build)
>>
>>6181028
>Normally id pass on xarria, but Scarabus needs a wife.
Damn you, now I'm considering getting her. I hadn't even thought of that.
>>
File: media (6).jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
media (6).jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>6181041

i might even put Hangnon's chains on her.

Originally it was going to be a female orc + Hangnon's chains, but Xarria works with or without.
>>
File: ADD ON 02.13.17chan.jpg (748KB, 1375x3104px) Image search: [Google]
ADD ON 02.13.17chan.jpg
748KB, 1375x3104px
13 days to go

One more goblin to be unlocked & pretty soon we'll be in the single digit stretch when things will really get frantic.

Loving the goblins but I agree with >>6180773 that the legion builder by being a no-frills figure actually stands out as a leader in polished armor instead of the grunt he's supposed to be.
>>
>>6180981

There's not a single thing wrong with those faces. They look like women should.
>>
File: 1132017195117.jpg (155KB, 720x708px) Image search: [Google]
1132017195117.jpg
155KB, 720x708px
>>6181047
Nice. Good idea.

I know something happened to the molds or something (?) but man I wish Scarabus could be rereleased, especially the Egyptian god ones. My gf got me this guy two Christmases ago and he's fantastic.
>>
>>6181065
I wonder if they'll unveil a KS exclusive before the end.
>>
>>6181049
Weren't we supposed to be getting more deluxe figures?I like Gadriel But I feel she would steal eathyron's thunder a bit. Also the wings are a pain in the ass to pose, very loose. We need more gods/deities. Necronominus W H E N?

>>6181059
>had to cancel my GOTHITROPOLIS STARTER SET pledge for the first KS, which included a Scarabus, because I lost my job.

I'm still sad about that. I never did get a raven, settled for Eathyron.
>>
>>6181049
Dayum...it's $1,177 if got one of every unlocked figure & the weapon sets.
>>
>>6180981
oh yikes. i kind of thought they were avoiding making a pretty female on purpose
>>
>>6181094

I see you've never seen what a woman looks like before.
>>
>>6181115
oh right i forgot beautiful women don't exist and are lies by the media. sad.
>>
File: aliens-sigourney-weaver-1.jpg (649KB, 1920x1034px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-sigourney-weaver-1.jpg
649KB, 1920x1034px
>>6181158

Or, you know, strong warrior women aren't going to look like your Playboy models.
>>
File: overlord_minion_army.jpg (210KB, 1279x719px) Image search: [Google]
overlord_minion_army.jpg
210KB, 1279x719px
>>6180972
>not being able to get proper goblins because pedophilia
wut
>>
File: Paige-VanZant-vs-Kailin-Curran.jpg (122KB, 694x494px) Image search: [Google]
Paige-VanZant-vs-Kailin-Curran.jpg
122KB, 694x494px
>>6181217
Well your typical warriors shouldn't also have flabby tummy and biceps like the shitty 4H woman sculpt we already discussed before. Also >>6180981 on the left I think is supposed to be royalty queen, a ruler, not your average barbarian warrior.

Come on dude what's wrong to say that the face sculpt and body sculpt on the females are underwhelming? Do you want me to bring back the comparison between male barbarian builder figure and the female one again??
>>
>>6181226
There's no such thing as a "proper" goblin though, if anything these goblins are four horsemen's spin at goblins, and they look awesome for what they are.
>>
File: Ghost Ice Cream.jpg (118KB, 376x473px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Ice Cream.jpg
118KB, 376x473px
>>6180551
Since the army builder is mandatory I picked the Vampire solider. I'll probably get the first two deluxe goblins and Mandibulus. I'd love to have Snagg and the army builder Goblins but I can't afford them all.
>>
File: 1485239820271.jpg (75KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1485239820271.jpg
75KB, 456x628px
165 $ for malachai cinderhorn?
>>
>>6180258
>scaphoid in the background
eeeeee tomorrroww
>>
So I think I'm gonna go for Hagnon and the onion head guy
>>
>>6180384
recommended paint type?
>>
>>6181287
from bbts? christ that was fast. they still have mine in the warehouse
>>
File: IMG_20170213_230036.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_230036.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Drogo mount
>>
>>6181294
No I was in the first wave of CoS preorder
>>
>>6181298
>that filthy keyboard
>>
File: 1481578593810.jpg (26KB, 599x466px) Image search: [Google]
1481578593810.jpg
26KB, 599x466px
>>6181049

Thanks again anon!
>>
>>6181298
Post more pics of the vampire knight. I'm on the fence about getting him from BBTS
>>
>>6181357
I just wish he had an alternate vampire head.
>>
File: PICKS ADD ON 02.13.17 4chan.jpg (793KB, 1375x3104px) Image search: [Google]
PICKS ADD ON 02.13.17 4chan.jpg
793KB, 1375x3104px
>>6181341
You're welcome captain!

This is my tentative plan right now, but if the rest of unseen/unlocked are more bad guys I can see myself dropping a grand, but even then some of these might not make the final cut & a few others I've done a 180 on when I realized they'd make good fodder for some comic book customs I've always want to take a stab at (B'alim Mr. Tawky Tawny, Mandibus as Malekeith)
>>
File: mythic dwarf.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mythic dwarf.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
>>6181444
they're from the dwarf
and the other shins look to be from the females or possibly the dark elf mage guy.
Same with the feet.

It's why they stand the same height as the dwarves.
>>
>>6181460
Look at >>6181028 and you can easily see the difference. Other than Gonxx, who is on a dwarf body, the other two goblins are way skinnier than the dwarves. Also the goblin feet have a slight curl at the toes, while the elf/female feet do not.
>>
>>6181457
Do you collect anything other than 4H stuff?
>>
File: orc female mythic.png (436KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
orc female mythic.png
436KB, 680x682px
>>6181464
Are you even following this kickstarter?
>>
What's even a classic race characteristics of a goblin? They're just bunch of manlets, not very smart, not very strong, and not very good at magic too.

Elfs: Best archers, good at magic
Humans: Main characters, have plot armor, good organizational skill, inventive with technology.
Dwarves: Physically strong. Good with axes
Orcs: Warrior culture, practically tribal spartan
Goblin:???

If you're like Sauron or some dark lord, why bother amassing a goblin army?
>>
File: scarabus timekeepers 4h.jpg (135KB, 1290x1500px) Image search: [Google]
scarabus timekeepers 4h.jpg
135KB, 1290x1500px
>>6181480
They're minions and workers, sometimes engineers with machinery. Sometimes used as cheap cannon fodder by the bigger folk.

See also the Timekeepers, who are just skeletal goblins working for their master, Scarabus.
>>
File: goblin-market-playboy.png (448KB, 499x475px) Image search: [Google]
goblin-market-playboy.png
448KB, 499x475px
>>6181480
stealing babies and the purity of pubescent females
>>
>>6181480
Rape and harassing and terrorizing small villages while your actual soldiers are fighting armies.
>>
>>6181067
>I never did get a raven

I think he's still on the 4H store, just without wings
>>
>>6181480
>If you're like Sauron or some dark lord, why bother amassing a goblin army?

I figure they reproduce quickly and can be paid cheaply with just bloodthirst and loot. Low resource cost means you can zerg with them. They are sometimes depicted as wicked engineers, too- gnomes with a higher failure rate essentially.
>>
>>6181228
>flabby tummy and biceps

lol they are toys also their arms are thicker than most female stick figures
>>
File: Garden 042014.jpg (4MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
Garden 042014.jpg
4MB, 4320x3240px
>>6181475
A bit...
>>
>>6181553

>ATHF

nice
>>
>>6181553
Damn dude, get some more shelves. I'm getting PTSD just imagining how fucked you are every time a figure in the back falls over.
>>
>>6181553
Oh my god... is that a Tiki planter?
>>
so some guy on the 4H spent his life savings on the current KS, which was apparently $8000, but still.
>>
>>6181578
Shit, he should've taken out a loan and just gone for that 10k reward tier and had a figure of himself.
>>
>>6181582
>http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1818&start=45#p47208
his goal seems to be mass army building? idk. seems a bit crazy if he's not planning to resell
>>
>>6181578
Dude, what the fuck? It's time to take a step back and reassess your life if you're blowing that much on plastic crap.

I collect way too many toys, too, but come on.
>>
File: 600640.png (126KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
600640.png
126KB, 850x850px
Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can get 1/12 to 1/10 scale medieval poleaxe? Maybe included in some obscure figure I don't know that's not that expensive?

The mythic legions basic set severely lacks in anti-armor weapons. The Templar had some halberds, but everyone else is packing side swords or that burly fantasy greataxe
>>
>>6180086
Only ships to us addresses. Guess they get no money from me then.
>>
>>6181594

They have an international pledge. You only pay for shipping on the initial pledge, the rest of the addons do not increase shipping costs.
>>
>>6181578
>life savings
>$8000
I think toy purchases are the least of his problems. Why would you even call such a measly sum your "life savings"?
The only good news for this guy is that he can probably double that if he just resells everything.
>>
Does anyone here have Sir Valgard from 1.0? What all does he come with?
>>
>>6181591
Weapon pack 2 included a polearm
>>
>>6181573
>how fucked you are every time a figure in the back falls over.

Most of them all have a dollop of hot glue on the soles of the feet which keeps them in place.

>>6181574
That was my housemate's so I really don't know.

>>6181562
Thanks.

It's a clusterfuck but its my clusterfuck...
>>
>>6181553
Dude, store all those figures in a box or whatever, choose one tenth of them and only display those. Then change them every month/season/year.
>>
>>6180258
Damn I think I'm gonna have to do this. I hope it doesn't mess with the aesthetic I already have him customized with.
>>
File: 1439999993855.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439999993855.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>6181623
>choose one tenth of them and only display those.

That IS one tenth of them....
>>
>>6181598
>>6181597
I have 1.57 to my name right this minute
>>
>>6181595

BS. Every international add-on is $7 more than the US version.
>>
>>6180925
God the fanex is going to be the most disappointing and disgusting of the lot huh? Just a hodgebodge of armor textures. Not even a unique head. Fuck this.
>>
>>6181975
No think that's just the initial pledge, friend.
>>
>>6181094

American toy sculptors seem to love man jaws on women. I've seen this look on everything from Resaurus to Neca to Toybiz, and *everything* 4H (motu, dc).

Only ones making decent women faces are Hasbro and DCC.
>>
>>6180526
I liked him from the back. Now i see that merchant nose and im out. Also that hood is shit. The blue is way to bright. A dirty and darker blue or shit any other color, i would have prefered a leather look would have gone with his overall color scheme.

A rogueish or hunter type character would not wear something so visually striking and standout. Its shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170215-014709.jpg (602KB, 1391x2130px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170215-014709.jpg
602KB, 1391x2130px
>>6181984

I thought they taught reading in American schools.
>>
>>6181980
>Just a hodgebodge of armor textures.
That's literally the entire line.

>Not even a unique head.
The FanEx voted figure was never going to have new pieces nor should it. If they were going to design and mold new parts for a unique character, they'd just release the figure themselves.
>>
>>6182059
Show me one figure with a different armor type for every peice
>>
>>6182081
see
>>6180526
>>
>>6182109
Thats plate and leather though
>>
>>6182109
Snagg is supposed to have mismatching armor. He's a thief.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 492x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 492x405px
>>6180666
This is FUCKING GARBAGE. Im honestly surprised the blood knight came out so good using the same vote system. This is utter shit. Just a jumble with no thought, no wonder a bunch of autists just wanted boobs then xena shit. This looks like babbys first mmo clown suit of mismatched armors.
>>
For anyone who's interested

This video showcases the customizability of the figures very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1IWzuq5uY
>>
>>6182167
in all fairness, the system itself is pretty retarded. they should have just opened votes for concepts, like male/female, mage/fighter, human/orc, etc
>>
>>6182202
Yeah that would have been a better system. Or they should have just shown off all the options for each section off at first, then people could plan out combos and concepts, then opened voting either for all sections at once, or one by one.

Going just blindly into each section with no direction turned into a shitshow.

Honestly at this point the edgy no taste mockup with the bone wings and the skull would be preferable to the pile of shit we got. Lets just hope the 4H take the clown armor and use a few creative liberties and mock up something much better and cohesive.
>>
>>6182208
Have they done any color voting?
>>
>>6180666
>>6182167
Yeah we got a cloth hood, varying styles of plate armor like an elvish girdle, layered plate, knight armor, boob plate, scale mail, bonded leather gloves, and some sort of slipper looking shoes. Yep sounds like a bunch of level 8 greens.
>>
>>6182211
>Have they done any color voting?
i really hope they don't ever do that. the only chance of saving the figure is to have some nice coloring from the creators
>>
>>6182081
Freyia has the armored abs, armored belt and leather gloves and boots.

Jjuno has a leather bracer, fur belt and loin with armored greaves, leather shoes and a spiked gauntlet.

Azza has the armored chest, hooded head and leather gloves and boots.

Myria uses leather bracers, greaves and shoes with the full armored body and limbs.

Artemyss has the full armored body, leather bracers and greaves, and bare legs painted as tights.

>>6182215
The majority of the parts are the leather gear. The shoes are the parts designed to match the boots, gloves and bracers. The belt is also designed to match the armored abs, as can be seen on Artemyss who has the same combo.

The entire line, from the very first stages of conceptual drawings, has been designed to be mixed and match. All the parts are interchangeable by design and it's the colors that create cohesion.

>>6182202
Again, why would the 4H go through the bother of creating concepts and not use them?

>>6182211
Not yet, but it should start today or tomorrow.
>>
>>6180526
If(when)this guy gets unlocked, I may have to drop another of my addon choices for him. But I don't know who.
>>
>>6181298

That's those cheap TRU dragons, right? That's not a bad idea honestly. May look into doing just that...

The Schleich dragons are getting almost large enough to work, too.
>>
>>6181480
Also, they have darkvision, and adapt well to caves, caverns, dungeons, etc.
>>
>>6182334
No theyre the old school Kenner dragonheart toy. I'm not sure what are the cheapo TRU dragon you're referring to, but the Schleich dragons are too small (and also too expensive, 20-30 bucks a piece WTF)
>>
File: keira knightly.jpg (239KB, 1199x1440px) Image search: [Google]
keira knightly.jpg
239KB, 1199x1440px
>>6181985
Sculptors usually base sculpts on real life people.
And if you haven't noticed, westerners tend to have more masculine jawlines in general, especially those seen in hollywood. It's considered beautiful to many in the west and, subsequently, the majority of the world thanks to movies.

>Only ones making decent women faces are Hasbro and DCC.
I take it you aren't well versed in DCC figures? Lots of people have complained there too, despite the sculpts being dead on with the art work.
>>
>>6181603
>Most of them all have a dollop of hot glue on the soles of the feet which keeps them in place.
I can almost hear the cringe of 95% of /toy/ users
>>
File: tb15.jpg (92KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
tb15.jpg
92KB, 850x478px
>>6182448
>I can almost hear the cringe of 95% of /toy/ users

Christ I know...when I first started coming to /toy/ I didn't know that using hot glue and "hot gluing" were two different things. That aside I've never had a problem with using it to keep everything in place, it's easily removable & hasn't damaged anything. I've burned myself a few times but thats it.
>>
File: 1465571957417.jpg (18KB, 155x204px) Image search: [Google]
1465571957417.jpg
18KB, 155x204px
>>6182232
>why would the 4H go through the bother of creating concepts and not use them?
They haven't used the female helmeted orc head yet have they? Been wondering if I missed them announcing the legion builder or queen having it as an alt head.
>>
>>6182604
The new Orc Legion Builder uses it.
>>
>>6182604
But,.. The orc legion builder has that head my dude...
>>
>>6182610
>>6182614
d'oh, dunno why I remembered her having a helmetless head
>>
I feel like at any moment this thread is going to get deleted completely.
>>
>>6182650
;_;7
>>
>>6181975
Surprisingly, it costs more to ship outside of the US than within.
>>
>>6182472
Could always use blue tak, it holds figures in place quite well, is reusable and doesn't leave any marks on the figures
>>
Well, the funding seems to be slowing down. I really hope whatever last few figures they have prepared aren't set at 15k intervals as well.
>>
>>6182882
inb4 another goblin.
>>
>>6182882
It's the middle of the KS, funding rates always drop off at this point. Next week the 4H will be at toyfair and that will bump up pledges and the last week will probably double it's total pledges, with most of it coming in the last two days.
>>
>>6182926
Good to hear. I really hope the demon leader that someone mentioned gets revealed soon.
>>
lucretia's bio is pretty cool, but i really don't wanna collect the vamps.
>>
Question about the pledge if I wanted a deluxe knight builder would it be smarter to pledge 60 or tack it on with a steel knight at 30?
>>
>>6183114
get two deluxe knight builders.
>>
>>6183128
But I only want one bro.
>>
>>6183140
okay. i think it's smarter to do the 60 builder as a tier, since it's $2 less than the other tiers
>>
>>6183148
Yeah I figured but I question >>6181457 anon here initially pledging with a builder.
>>
Does this toyline scale well with Marvel Legends toys? If it does, is it possible to headswaps with them? Thinking of buying a few of these to give cool bodies to my capeshit figures
>>
>>6183157
He has tons of female figures there dude.
>>
Do we know what the Kickstarter Exclusive is going to be?
>>
>>6183295
Not yet, though if I put money on something, it's probably going to be that teased demonic/draconic figure.
>>
>>6183308
where
>>
>>6183087
I like her, I just wish she came with a battle helmet so that she isn't just bald the whole time. I don't care how much of a badass vampire you are, wear your goddamn helmet in battle!

>>6183309
I dunno, check the forum, I don't have the pic on me.
>>
>>6183311
>helmet
eh, she's clearly a stealth character, hence the daggers and all black. no point in obscuring vision or adding weight
>>
>>6183318
I was thinking more duelist/general, but whatever, I'd still like a helmet, even if it was just a black and purple version of the elf helmet.
>>
File: minoshit.jpg (200KB, 758x1318px) Image search: [Google]
minoshit.jpg
200KB, 758x1318px
>4H package arrives today
>fooling around with minotaur
>hand keeps falling out
>shield almost impossible to stay anywhere
>legs are loose as shit
>falls over
Fucking bullshit
>>
>>6183435
yeah i heard the hooved feet don't stand very well
>>
>>6183435

But all the Youtube reviewers told me that these are "hands-down" the most "beautiful" and "best" and "perfect" action figures "ever made."

I love this line but it does have issues.
>>
Ok assuming 4H doesnt keep up their goblin trolling with a straight 5th one- I'd love to see another skeleton for either Necrominus, rogue for red stars or some Leodysseus army guys- or give us one of the dark four or light four, Earthyron is getting lonely
>>
>>6183577

I'd like to see a full-size evil knight at some point. Like basically the black Goblin builder but with normal thighs and a fully armored head. The spiky armor looks really great this time around imo.
>>
File: Boneheight.jpg (436KB, 900x793px) Image search: [Google]
Boneheight.jpg
436KB, 900x793px
>>6183156
Height wise...eh not really. The Legions kind of stand taller then most Legends, though some BAFs will work well. As for headswaps, you'd have to do some modding. The ball joint on the Legions neck is pretty beefy compared to the Legends. But it's certainly not impossible to do.

>>6183295
>>6183308
With the limited availability of the KS exclusive, there's no way a highly requested figure using new, unique tooling will be the KS Exclusive. It'll most likely be a Legion Builder repaint of some kind. Though this time around, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of a direct "Kickstarter Exclusive FIgure" they have a "Kickstarter Exclusive Price". The 4H don't like artificially limiting access to a figure, as they wanted to sell Valgard again during all the open sales periods. But fan backlash caused them to rethink that idea. This time I'd imagine they'll reword the figure's title to not have it be exclusive to just the KS itself.

>>6183435
From what I've heard, wave 1.75's QC wasn't as strong as previous releases. It's all mold degradation issues so tolerances have been getting wonky. The simple fix of a layer of floor polish/super glue on the joints and/or in the sockets (probably safer so you don't get the joints stuck) fixes most of these issues.

As for the shield, the clip system sucks, but it's being supplemented with the inclusion of handles with wave 2. Hopefully they also release a bag of handles of something for those of us who want them to use on our older figures.

>>6183468
>I love this line but it does have issues.

It's a shame, but I've been saying this from the first figures.These guys are great, but they have some problems they really shouldn't have. None of them will scare me away from the line as a whole, but it would be nice if these issues were addressed in future releases.

Which honestly, it seems the 4H is doing in wave 2.
>>
Looks like they just hit over 405K this morning, but 4H hasn't officially unlocked Snagg yet or revealed a new stretch goal yet.
>>
>>6183699
With the way pledges fluctuate, they usually wait a bit to make sure the total stays at a certain level. Especially since for the past few unlocks, the pledges would jump up 5k a pop with no new backers, then after the reveal they'd slowly drop down again by 5k.

Someone is probably bumping their pledges to unlock stuff, then bringing it back down once it's done. A stupid move that will most likely get you banned from KS.
>>
File: my post.jpg (15KB, 628x45px) Image search: [Google]
my post.jpg
15KB, 628x45px
>>6183148
>>6183151

I actually didn't notice the price difference but I'm going to adjust my pledge when I make it, thanks for pointing it out anon.

I mean two bucks is two bucks right?
>>
Maybe a dumb question, but will the extra parts from the deluxe knight builder also fit on the Steel Knight legion builder? Obviously not the torso, but like the heads, shoulders and waist parts? I was thinking that getting those two would give me the most options for "generic knights", both male and female.
>>
>>6183719
Yes, as other then the torso and hips, they share the same parts.
>>
>>6183722
Ah, nice. Thank you. That's probably what I'll do then. Seems like the best bang for my buck in terms of options and switching stuff up.
>>
>>6183719
>>6183722
Really? I thought the female parts were incompatible with male counterparts with the armored figs.
>>
>>6183727
I think all the waist-front-pieces (dunno what you call them) are all the same connection, same with the shoulder pads, as you can see the same molds used on different figures, male and female alike. Same with the heads. The builder comes with the same head mold used on the Steel Knight.

Like >>6183722 said it's just the torso and hips that are different.
>>
>>6183727
Only the torso and hips, everything else is shared between them. The Knight Builder even comes with the same head the Steel Knight uses and the Armored Elf head was included in the FanEx voting on a female body.

But pauldrons, loin armor, limbs and heads are all cross compatible with all Wave 2 torso pieces, male or female.
>>
>>6183730
Nice. That's definitely what I'm doing then. That'll get me the most different knight options for pictures and stuff, male, female, whatever I need. The steel knight looks like he'll need a dark wash and some gold highlights to match up, but that should be pretty easy.
>>
>>6183630
I would take just a solid black knight troop builder. Nothing fancy, just nice spiky black armor with maybe a red detail or two. I'd buy that.
>>
File: elf ranger.png (448KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
elf ranger.png
448KB, 680x682px
"Elf Ranger" unlocked at 420k
>>
>>6183816
Is that new sculpt on the boots
>>
>>6183816
Oh, that looks pretty nice actually.
>>
>>6183821
Only the head is new, and he's supposed to come with an alt unhooded head as well.
>>
>>6183816
>looks like male version of fanex
>doesn't look like shit though
>>
>>6183816
Instant buy

The Flock is growing nicely
>>
>>6183832
Actually having armored limbs I think is what does it.
>>
>>6183840
I really wish that this time around there had been just chainmail limbs and torso. It'd be a great underlayer for armor and stuff and a good alternative to the bare arms look.
>>
>>6183840
I couldn't put my finger on it, but now that you say it that is 100% why.
>>
>>6183843
Dude... A breastplate with just chain sleeves is my favorite look.
>>
>>6183857
Yep, chain sleeves and lower abdomen with any of the breastplate parts would be great. Oh well. Maybe next time. :/

And a new waist/skirt piece that a belt with chainmail hanging below it.
>>
File: Add on 02.15.17 4chan.jpg (603KB, 1238x2794px) Image search: [Google]
Add on 02.15.17 4chan.jpg
603KB, 1238x2794px
11 days to go

Looks like my 'Goblin assassin team" is capped at 4 for now.

Out of curiosity has anybody dropped original choices from the beginning in favor of new offerings or just adding on? Personally I TRIED to set a flat budget & adjusted choices to stay within but I've already blown that & Gawd only knows how crazy it gets before it's all over.
>>
>>6183866
>Out of curiosity has anybody dropped original choices from the beginning in favor of new offerings or just adding on?
My whole original plan is busted now for the goblins. I'm not going over $150 (or maaaaybe $200) so I'm being really picky and hard on myself to pick only what I genuinely want.
>>
>>6183866
I've done a mix of dropping and adding on. I dropped Aydon the dark elf warrior and Malachi. But I've added a bunch too. And now I'm torn between dropping Gwendolyn or just not getting the goblin thief. I'm set for too many add ons as is.
>>
File: Factions 16.jpg (476KB, 1536x2129px) Image search: [Google]
Factions 16.jpg
476KB, 1536x2129px
>>6183866
The Boarrior was a "must have" for me since he was originally shown off, as was Calavius. Now both of them have been booted from my short list in favor of Goblins and Warrior Women.

I'd still like to get them eventually, but that might have to wait until the pre-order period.
>>
>>6182414

For comparison, look at the garbage 'women' in the MOTUC line. There's defined jawline, then there's "man jaw on a trannie" that seems to be 4H's style.
>>
>>6183816
Whelp, fanEx is worthless now.
>>
>>6183922
It's better in every way and it's just a normal elf with a different head and a cape!
How did the voters fuck up so badly!?
>>
>>6183866
I dropped knight builder for delphina, since I wanted both but it wasn't gonna be feasible with all the new figures to stay under 150ish,so I chose just one.
>>
>>6183927
it sucks hard that the scaled belt he's using wasn't up for voting, would've looked alot better than the fucking legendary belt.
>>
>>6183929
I did the same, except for the iron knight, because I wanted to stay under 100 with Mandibulus and the skeleton weapon pack.

>>6183934
The paint does a lot for it, he looks fantastic.
>>
File: 1325004369241.gif (483KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
1325004369241.gif
483KB, 250x168px
>>6183927
And now they're kind of turning on each other about it. I don't get it. The 4H announced the elf ranger before the voting started and they still voted to make a r63 version and now they're butthurt that they just made "Mrs Ranger".
>>
>>6183944
Seriously? Admittedly, I spend very little time in the forum.
>>
>>6183944
>

Not seeing where they are turning on each other about it? also, thought she was gonna be some sort of assassin?
>>
>>6183967
In the elf ranger thread, on the last page.
>>
Does anyone know if their bare crotches look decent? All of them have loincloths or something or other hanging between their legs so it's hard to tell. Is it a decent enough to display bare? Or are there some gappy motuc or fugly T joints hidden underneath?
>>
>>6183987
There's a decent-sized rectangular slot for the loin armor/whatever, so no, it doesn't look good without a cover.
>>
>>6183816
Looks cool, but I feel like the head is way too big.

Are there any pictures of him with his alternate head?
>>
>>6183995
>>6183987
SOME of the leg-guard belt pieces cover the crotch enough to hide it, but it's not pretty
>>
File: Comb15022017025536.jpg (288KB, 1715x657px) Image search: [Google]
Comb15022017025536.jpg
288KB, 1715x657px
>>6184132
>>6183995
>>6183987
I turned a Malleus skirt turned backward to cover the crotch here, it works okay, but sits a little funny. Otherwise the rectangular home is very visible.
>>
>>6184145
Huh, that really does the trick.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-15+at+02.13.04).png (49KB, 1083x460px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-15+at+02.13.04).png
49KB, 1083x460px
>>6183708
Yeah was wondering why you didn't initially do that.

Here's my list so far and debating if I should add more army builders. I'll probably add on Hagonn and maybe something else to at least push 300.
>>
File: otho-1.png (562KB, 696x699px) Image search: [Google]
otho-1.png
562KB, 696x699px
>>6184021
Head too big is a common issue with this line. Figures with helmeted heads are way more proportional than figures with bare head/face
>>
>>6184225
It kind of only works because of the surcoat I have him, it looks bad in the back blut you can't see it in this case.
>>
>>6183944
>>6183969

What is this that they're saying about female torsos not being compatible with the "male" waist armor (leathery patches)? That needs clarification because I can't imagine why they wouldn't fit around the presumably smaller female torso if they use the same "loop over waist ball joint" style as the first ML figures.

Unless they mean "incompatible" like "doesn't look as good" or something.
>>
Did ML 1.0 use Backerkit for add-ons after the KS campaign ended.

I'm trying to keep my KS ledge relatively moderate, but may want to add on a few later.
>>
>>6184258
No they didn't.

Everything else was readily available though for half a year till everything was gone so it shouldn't be hard to get these figures at all.
>>
>>6184261
Not true. During leftover order period, the legion builders and orc legion builders instantaneously sold out within minutes. I think the named knights then sold out within several days.

BBTS pops up for $50 a piece, $15 markup and price gouging on ebay started immediately
>>
>>6184264
Yeah you're correct actually my memory fails me because I mostly saw the rest of the other items being in stock for a real long time.
>>
>>6184145
...THAT'S what was throwing me off with that belt. I couldn't figure what was done to the belt to make it sit like that. I just assumed parts were just cut and moved.

The build-a-knight set comes with the cod-piece loin armor that actually wraps up around the crotch so you could use that piece instead of a backwards belt. It would cover the undetailed parts much better imo.

>>6184258
Yes, there will be a backerkit, that's where you pick what you've pledged for and confirm your info. It'll probably start a few weeks after the KS ends and run for about a month. After that they'll most likely run a pre-order sale where you can get more figures, but you won't be able to combine the shipping and things might actually cost more.
>>
>>6184264
i really hope they do the orcs in the next wave of planned pre-orders.
>>
i'm not fond of the elf ranger but he seems to have added a lot of money to the campaign, at least.
>>
>>6180526
DUUUUUUUDE! FINALLY! A REAL FUCKING GOBLIN FIGURE! ONE THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A FUCKING TOAD!
>>
>>6184298
Haha yes I've gone from a poor student to a software developer since the first Kickstarter, so I only got Gorgo and the Silver knight the first time, then Malleus and Owain on the later order, but I got two of each of those because of a shipping error on their part. Looking forward to a rerun because I want that 1.0 knight builder, and no way am I missing the knight builder this time around. I'm going WAY in on this one, since I have disposable income now.
>>
File: Slowpoke_AG_anime.png (27KB, 960x776px) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke_AG_anime.png
27KB, 960x776px
>>6184379
>>
>>6184379
Not meaning this rudely at all, but have you just caught up on this KS now? They've announced 4 different goblins of varying builds, including a legion builder. Check them out, they look great.
>>
>>6184373

Cause he's awesome.
>>
>>6184384
I have just learned of it. I've been AFK from toys for months now. This is an exciting announcement either way. I honestly like the plain old Goblin Legion Builder figure even more than that blue hooded one. It doesn't seem like it's obtainable as a kickstarter backer option though. How is that one purchased?
>>
>>6184411
Pledges have a $30 minimum, so you could pledge for a named goblin and add a legion builder goblin for a total of $48 (in the US).

The after market on these tends to go crazy so hitting it while in the KS is the way to go, gonna be roughly a year before you get them though but there's no way around that.
>>
>>6184417
>>6184411
Actually the Goblins are only available as add-ons. You'd have to pledge for one of the initial 19, then add on the add-on price to your pledge, and when they send out the backerkit surveys you indicate which ones you want. Or, you can wait til they take preorders between the kickstarter's close and the production run, but I don't know when that will be. If you like fantasy knights, there's some neat ones you might want to check out as well.
>>
you have two seconds to explain why you haven't picked Gwendolyn in your line-up
>>
>>6184442
Only getting Vampires to avoid spending too much

Pay no attention to the Brother Mandibulus on my list.
>>
>>6184442
I can't because she is.
>>
>>6184442

ugly purple and gold color scheme
>>
>>6184446
Mandibulus is basically required. I understand.
>>
>>6183995
>>6184145

Good god that is like ReAction level of ugly. Why is this on a $40 figure.
>>
>>6184442
Because I haven't decided what all I'm getting past my initial pledge. I'm already getting the Deluxe Knight Builder so I'm not sure I want another female knight, but I'm definitely considering it because she does look great.

Depends on what else I decide is a must have, and how much I figure I can afford to spend on this KS.
>>
>>6184483
>ugly

Why do you choose to have such terrible taste?
>>
>>6184585
It's behind other, swappable parts of the figure. They are removable but they aren't intended to have none of them attached, in normal situations it would never be visible.

Having swapped out limbs, I appreciate that the crotch is so sturdy, I don't have to feel afraid of breaking things taking them apart.

>>6184446
Mandibulus is not a choice, it's a mandate.
>>
>>6184585
>I'm going to use hyperbole because yay hyperbole!

Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>6184565
>>6184599
He is, thanks for understanding. Plus I got some Skellies last run, and theyre evil enough to hang with the Vamps.

Gwendolyn looks really good, her face sculpt especially, but I feel like she'd look weird all alone beside my gang of evil, undead assholes
>>
>>6184442
I prefer male fantasy characters
>>
>>6184626
>she'd look weird all alone beside my gang of evil, undead assholes
But she'd look awesome alone AGAINST your gang of evil undead assholes
>>
Want to buy a bunch of Knight Builders but after the originally great colors on the first set came out all fucked up I'm worried that this female one will be like... purple and orange instead of blue and yellow.
>>
>>6184442
Cause I'm already stretching my budget as-is
>>
>>6181591
up coming revoltech knight 30 times better than this gi joe shit.
>>
>>6184841
And twice as expensive.
>>
>>6184442
Already got Delphina to cover my female knight itch and I don't like her color combo.
>>
>>6184841
>GI Joe shit
Not really sure where you get GI Joe from this, but I'm going to write you off as a typical /toy/ weeb trash.

>>6181591
I think there is one included with the new knight builder.
>>
>>6184841
>gi joe
what
>>
>>6183816
Link?
>>
>>6181591
The Halberd is getting packed with multiple figures in 2.0 as well as with the Templar Legion figure. That said, I agree that more pikes and such would be nice. The Dwarf Weapon Pack will have a few maces and a flail that would be decent at crushing armor and the Elf pack has a weapon that sort of resembles an over designed lochaber axe that may scratch your itch.

Sadly the Knight pack goes with a Trident (for Calavius...who actually comes with the the Halberd) instead of a crescent axe or warpick of some kind.
>>
My 1.75 templars (all 4 of them) had loose hips in the horizontal motions and keep doing splits on detolf glass surface because there's very few friction. What do?
>>
>>6185001
The knight weapons pack does come with a flail though which has me hyped as shit
>>
>>6185056

Yeah the looseness on these is the worst kind too. They will be tight when the legs are vertical or way out to the sides, but the middle is this dead zone that's all loose.
>>
>>6184841

Wow one knight figure vs like 75 ML knights.

Also implying most of us aren't getting both.
>>
>>6185056
floor polish
>>
>>6184636
And men in general
>>
>>6185102
Well I mean prefer non plastic women
>>
Does anyone know why each figure is more expensive for international buyers? Is it to offset their shipping cost?
>>
>>6185155
>Is it to offset their shipping cost?
Yes. The total price includes the shipping.
>>
>>6184841
Fuck off, fans of knights are gonna get both.
They don't even overlap in aesthetic
>>
So what do we think the "little surprise" will be for the KS backers?
>>
>>6185166
Awesome, thank you (:
>>
File: IMG_1214 copy.jpg (445KB, 600x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1214 copy.jpg
445KB, 600x529px
Found this on the forums. What is going on with this line? It doesn't give me much confidence in the huge 1.0 preorder this Summer.
>>
>>6185194
That's flash and the whipmaster is being lenient with the childslaves, because they wanted to do it fast, and skipped cutting/shaving/sanding/scraping it off.
Nothing 4H can do about it except tell them to whip harder next time.

I will say that none of 4H stuff came with any flashing like that. Loose joints, yes, but no flash.
I don't believe people when they say they're only loose because the molds are too well worn now, considering how they can probably do about a million before it actually degrades to that point.
>>
Fucking FedEx and UPS are taking forever to deliver my packages from BBTS, looks like they being driven from Minnesota and Wisconsin to California where I live as one is only traveled 874 to Montana for god know's why, and the other has travled fucking 51 miles over 2 days and they are getting scanned like once a day. I've gotten packages faster from NY with USPS and I payed for 3-5 days delivery yet their site says they won't be delivered until the 20th and the 23rd
>>
>>6185286
this is all packages from BBTS for me. i live in AZ and apparently MN usps has no idea what the fuck is going on, i've waited two weeks for a package before.

NY mail systems must be godly since i also get those within days
>>
>>6185292
I'm also just a very impatient person so I'm glad I'm not the only one
>>
>>6185292
>>6185286
I think because of the way deliveries go, it's probably just picking the most efficient route to being as cheap as possible. So if a ton of packages are going to Nebraska and it knows a plane is going to Nevada from there to get to New Mexico, it'll go a more circular route than something that's going on a more straight (expensive) route.

It's like a bus route vs having a car.
>>
>>6185286
>>6185292
I'm in TN, and my packages from BBTS are usually 2 or 3 days in transit. I use FedEx, though.
>>
Anybody else scared at how much their pledge could go up to? Trying hard to limit, but I know I'll end up regretting if I dont get some of the ones I really like
>>
>>6185320
i sort of am. i wanted to pledge 200, but now i'm at 400+. 10 days and a toy fair show left...
>>
>>6185320
I'm not too worried, currently looking like 7-10 figures depending on what all gets revealed before it's done. I'm more worried about how much space they are slowly taking over in my display. Gonna need some more shelving soon.
>>
>>6185322
Yeah, I pledged conservatively- its not going to end that way...I hope we get some more of the namesake characters for the legions but dont want to bleed my wallet completely
>>
>>6185100
How? The hinge hips is not the kind of joint you can pull out and lace with floor polish
>>
>>6185430
hypodermic needle, syringe, and patience.
>>
>>6185194
This is embarrassing.

People say that the Templar legion builders only cost 22 bucks, etc etc but they're not. The shipping is a giant ripoff unless you spread the shipping cost among many figures, which means that you need to splurge a significant investment on each buy. Add to this, the fucking online store and the 4H are too dumb to have an infrastructure to combine your PO shipping with your leftover warehouse purchase later on, or even combine shipping on your PO if you happen to change your mind and did multiple checkouts.

When you spend significant money on many figures, sadly a lot of them especially in 1.75 are riddled with issues. The shadow orc, barbarian knight, and black minotaur uses the naked body buck and susceptible to paint scrap. The black knight & templar legion builder suffers from terrible fuzzy lines on the paint. The articulation on the trolls are much more limited than what people thought they would because 4H never bothered to make a video describing the articulation despite having prototype made for over a year. Finally, I've seen reports that the paint apps on the All stars wave were not comparable to 1.0. I didn't buy any except for the All stars barbarian builder and what do you know, the paint still scrape just like what everyone reported

Before you shitters started hissing, all these are constructive criticisms and I've spent $400+ on the 1.75 line. The quality is not there even compared to the 1.0 line. They didn't learn shit and instead the paint apps which was excellent before (except for paint rubs issues on flesh tone) become sloppier, the joints become looser, and the lack of avenue for two way communication is still frustrating.
>>
>>6185452
I have to say the tail end of this thread has me fretting about my pledge.
>>
>>6185467
Yeah sadly you're stuck either way. If you don't pledge, and had non buyer regret then you're stuck with having to pay scalp price, of minimum $15 a piece (BBTS price) or even more.

The line would've been excellent if it's $25 figures and $15 legion builders, with non asinine way to order stuff and constant stock. At this point, the price point is a bit high for the amount of quality (or lack thereof) especially considering you need to pay up front 1.5 -2 years before and get your figures way way later (those same amount of money could easily sit in your bank account and accumulate intererest). It's either this or enjoy the bowl fighting over leftover shipments that disappear in hours. Oh also from my experience you're not able to combine your KS PO shipping with the leftover incase you decided to get more so you need to shell out another $15 tax and divide it over many figures to make it worth it (I fucking live in NY, 3 hours drive from their warehouse in NJ)
>>
>>6185467
If anything this proves that the first wave in this new KS will always be the best wave while the older figures will suffer so pledging now is your best bet
>>
>>6185430
Can you not swivel them around and paint it on?
>>
The KS hit 421K so the Ranger is theoretically unlocked.

Jesus...I thought things were gonna slow down...
>>
>>6185594
It's 420 surprise time

I wonder what their surprise is. Hopefully the teased Deer Guy
>>
>>6185612
Gimme that demon king
>>
>>6185452
Honestly I'm sure 4H are fucking livid that their Chinese factories fucked this kind of thing up, but what can they do about it? They aren't a big enough company to issue refunds for stuff like this.

The shipping is a shame, but it's what you get when you have a company operating at this scale. They don't have special shipping deals and they have to do a flat rate for shipping. I hate it but I also understand why it happens.

I feel like it's important to bear in mind how small a company 4H is. I'm not certain but I think I'd heard they only recently had more than 10 people working there. They don't have a complex fulfillment strategy, just a couple of guys and a ton of FedEx labels.
>>
File: IMG_3295.png (385KB, 639x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3295.png
385KB, 639x641px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fourhorsemen/mythic-legions-2-action-figures-by-four-horsemen-s/posts/1809120
>>
>>6185194
>>6185207
>>6185452
>>6185637
I'm scared, I bought the legion builder Templar knight from bbts, are you guys telling the quality of it is gimped and I shouldn't have bothered?
>>
>>6185664
Guess I'm getting a fuckboi elf after all.

Hopefully next is the deer lord and the end of the stetch goals (barring kickstarter exclusive)
>>
>>6185779
Same.

Hope the issues aren't too bad

Good luck anon
>>
>>6185779
Not all of them seem to have the same issues. And I'm sure you could clean up the edges on the weapon with a hobby knife if yours has the issue. I'm not sure if bbts got the first or second run though.
>>
>>6185558

new thread
>>
>>6183087
Why don't you collect the vamps, anon? Are you done kind of a Van Helsing/Belmont faggots?
>>
>>6186115

Not him, but the Nosferatu bald look is pretty lame. The only vamps I have are the fully armored ones.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.