[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paint help/advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0640.jpg (882KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0640.jpg
882KB, 1836x3264px
I recently scored some joyride halo toys. I snagged 6 mini CE spartans, a halo 2 steel spartan and a halo CE master chief. Unfortunately the halo 1 chief has been "custom painted" with battle damage, but it really doesnt look all that great. As you can see in the picture. Does anyone here know to remove the paint without messing up the original color?
>>
File: IMAG0639.jpg (693KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0639.jpg
693KB, 1836x3264px
Im also a newfag. So i unfortunately cant tell what kind of paint it is. Also look at dat smexy ass
>>
File: IMAG0641.jpg (904KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0641.jpg
904KB, 1836x3264px
Another shot
>>
Seems like all of the halo 1 master chiefs are "Battle damaged" as in the marks on yours aren't also custom but rather the grey paint splogged into the holes is. There are also those weird bright green highlights on yours which are not on the original.

God those pouches look awful.
>>
>>6173568
The bright green is the original color. Someone attempted to make battle damage look more worn. Its bad and its painted on. What can i take it off with that wont harm the original color?
>>
>>6173603
you could try nail polish remover but VERY SPARINGLY or youll melt the plastic
but it does take paint off super fast
>>
>>6173318

If it's acylic you could just submerge it in soapy water for a day and scrub it off with a tooth brush.

Enamel is a bit trickier, lacquer would be gg though.
>>
There's a whole fucking thread devoted to this kind of thing, Sunshine.
You think you're too good to post there and ask?
>>
>>6174181
Alright thanks man
>>
Hold up, are we sure this isn't the Battle-damaged repaint? Because Joyride did make a battle-damaged repaint of this Master Chief figure.
>>
Yeah Op, that's the battle damaged repaint. Not a custom.
>>
snagged this figure myself a few years ago. seller had no idea of it's worth. trying to collect all the joyride figs
>>
>>6174950
It was a battle damage edition chief. But it is a repaint. The original battle damage doesnt look this bad. The repaint on it makes the my figure look black. And the paint on the pouches is terrible.
>>
>>6173318

It's not a custom job, it's the Gamestop battle-damaged exclusive figure. It has all the same paint marks as the one you posted.

see here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-MASTER-CHIEF-Green-Battle-Damaged-7-5-034-Action-Figure-Exclusive-Joyride-/401215395039?hash=item5d6a4d14df%3Ag%3At0QAAOSwal5YEtwf&nma=true&si=M%252Be7KvYdAYBRIOnv8KRsDkDev6g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and here:

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=actionfigure&id=7730&figure=masterchiefbattledamagedgamestop
>>
And here's two more with the same kind of paint jobs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Battle-Damaged-Master-Chief-Action-Figure-w-two-rifles-and-one-pistol-/182445960503?hash=item2a7aa06d37:g:dlIAAOSw4DJYl9pv

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALO-1-Limited-Edition-Battle-Damaged-MASTER-CHIEF-With-Rifles-Pistol-/132090078723?hash=item1ec12ea603:g:m3sAAOSwYmZXEFw8
>>
>>6173318
Umm... op, that's an original from joyride.
>>
>>6173318
Pump
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.