[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Asian Doll Thread: Attack on Titan-chan Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 81

File: DSCF6586.jpg (401KB, 1033x732px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6586.jpg
401KB, 1033x732px
Last thread >>6133915

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
File: DSCF6587.jpg (330KB, 1077x718px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6587.jpg
330KB, 1077x718px
Recap of last thread:
> boiling might help
For minor distortion of resin doll parts.

> recasts
This is a multi-factorial problem on various levels of human character and integrity.
This is an anti-recast thread.

> good face up artists on /bjd
They're not taking commissions.

> Centaurs
...with lewd butts

> Realistic vinyl bjd from Granados
There is promise here for the lack of better alternatives. But what about the future of resin?

> even has pubes
doll foreheads with pubes. Isn't supposed to be some kind of third-eye?

> Hating on Choo
Same face syndrome

> Repairing cheap, ruined dolls
The seller still wants like, full price for it.

> Miku 2017 DD is underwhelming.
inb4 miku is mah waifu

> Culur is copying? Rafael/Pasha, Enchanted doll, Dollstown incident.
Wait, everyone is copying now. I'll just close my store so nobody can copy.
Stop copying me.

> Identify X doll for me to resell it.
Read the faq. The truth is out there.

> Buying default fullsets are boring.
It could be worse. Like the horrible ass-clown bjds out there.
>>
>>6170459
You're so good with the recaps. Thank you for your work.

Can I get some recommendations for high fashion doll clothing? I'm so jealous of Sybarite and Fashion Royalty owners' clothing options. I guess it's to be expected since they're FASHION dolls first and foremost but I wish some of their clothing makers would make dresses for dolls from Unoa, for example.
>>
>>6170511
I love unoa and I'd really like to see one in high fashion clothes and shoes.

Regarding people's dolls looking messy or nice, I'd rather see 1-2 well styled and beautifully displayed dolls than a big jumble of ghetto styled dolls with wonky eyes, ratty wigs and low quality clothes just stuffed into a cheap book case. But that's just me. I will never have more dolls than I can display well maybe with just a few in a rotation and put away for a time. Otherwise, I'd need a whole doll room to actually do it nicely.
>>
>>6170511
I agree. I think there are so many sizes of bjd, it's harder to be certain anything but the usual goth/punk/lolita/fairy kei clothes will sell. So they just make what will absolutely sell.
>>
>>6170511
There are a few seamstresses/tailors that make high-fashion clothes for dolls, but they usually stick to bigger sizes (Iple is popular with them, since they tend to look like huge fashion dolls).
Cat's Gift on Taobao, Atelier Soda...and this one seamstress on ebay whose name I unfortunately forgot.
Unfortunately it's not a very popular style though, and as said, usually SD only.
>>
>>6170660
PS: Forgot to add, Atelier Soda at least has an Unoa at hand. No clue if all their outfits are available for that size though.
>>
>>6170511
If you get a Unoa 2.0, they'll fit all the gene/tyler Tonner stuff. Go nuts. The Unoa elder sister fits a lot of the tonner stuff too. The 1.5 and chibis fit ellowyne wilde.
>>
File: AllDolls.png (619KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
AllDolls.png
619KB, 1200x600px
Aha I was waiting for a new thread to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiNKk3fPed8
A music video for Nier Automata was released where they wreck a bunch of dolls, sooo trigger warning on vinyl/resin gore I guess?
I think they used a bunch of classic bjds but I couldn't name any from watching it once, can any one here?
>>
So.. for boiling.
I was sanding the eyebrows off my unoa faceplate and got a little overzealous with a edge of the browbone.
Is it possible that boiling could help this, or am I just fucked?
Also, what are/are there any health precautions to take when boiling resin?
>>
>>6170745
This is awful sad and stupid. What a shame to see poor dolls that had work and thought put into them destroyed in such a way.
I shouldn't have clicked.
>>
>>6170932
It makes me sad, too. They were cute.
>>
So the last thread introduced me to Sio2 and now I'm curious

Where can I find more info on what dolls they've released and reliable places for purchase? I'm honestly just someone who pokes their head in your threads from time to time and know very little about things other than what's mentioned around here
>>
File: deargod.jpg (22KB, 576x806px) Image search: [Google]
deargod.jpg
22KB, 576x806px
>>6171042
stacyspinkocean is a dealer for them, but all of their official dealers mark up the price INSANELY. if you are able to use taobao, buying from their shop is your best bet, because even if you have to use a shopping service it will still be cheaper than buying through any of their official overseas dealers.

as far as i can remember, they've done an SD head named Cold Dew, a tiny sheep i think named Bleater? a small cat girl named Ragdoll or Puppet Cat, a less human tiny cat, similar to the sheep called Dragen Li, a creepy as fuck catapillar demon baby called Canmu, and the newest is the shota faun centaur boy named Funan. There are probably others but those are the only ones I'm familiar with. Also as far as I know, once the original preorder is over, they don't remake the dolls. They're all sold out, except for the faun boy
>>
>>6170932
I feel especially bad about the vintage dolls. Imagine multiple owners saving them for decades, then somebody sells it on Y!J or Mandarake and this happens to it. It would have cost less to mince a few dozen AoDs than whichever Volks limiteds they used.
>>
>>6170956
>>6171137
It's just unnecessarily cruel to me. Maybe ToyStory totally fucked me but it's absolutely heart breaking to see these cute dolls dressed up and everything slow mo get destroyed. It's really upsetting. Like I wish I could save them, but it's already happened.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.
Sage for not contributing anything.
>>
>>6171103
Thanks famalam
>>
>>6170745
I'd honestly much prefer they were BJD, even limited ones, where other copies of them still existed rather than they be ooak porcelain dolls or the like.

I'm not really upset because they're dolls, more of the idea that if they were OOAK, that's someone's art destroyed permanently.
>>
>>6170745
>>6170932
what a fucking waste of good art
Some of those look like the OOAK porcelains some Japanese artists specialize in (but I think if you lack name recognition, they may not be worth a great deal), a couple others I recognize as being among Volks' very early F# sculpts prior to FCS being implemented. The latter have pretty low aftermarket values because I don't think many people want them but this makes me sad as fuck.
>>
>>6170745
>>6171200
Here's a Flickr group with several of the old F-whatever sculpts (their sculpt numbers do not correspond to the current FCS). They tend to have quite large bulbous heads and are far from beautiful by modern collectors' standards but I have a soft spot for quite a few of them. Think I saw an old F12 among the dolls who got destroyed in the vid but am not sure and don't really want to watch it again because feels bad man

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1099162@N20/
>>
>>6170745
I'm really glad that this is making everyone else as upset as it is me.
I feel so bad. All these dolls were clearly loved (shown by their styling and the fact that most of them were old and had to have been preserved to last this long)
If I sold a doll and saw it being destroyed like this I'd probably cry. It's so callous and tasteless.
>>
Are people really comparing that new iplehouse abomination to Doll Chateau?
>>
>>6171306
Yes, cause it looks like a sad copy (especially the body).
Don't get why Iple rather does this than, dunno, an actual muscular 70cm female body people begged them for.
Or finally a slim 70cm guy.
>>
>>6170891
No, boiling only helps when the shape was changed through pressure (like a dent, or moved fingers).
Boiling it makes it pop back into the former shape.

Boiling does not help getting back something you removed.
>>
>>6171363
LOL That body looks more like Iple's regular body elongated than anything Doll Chateau's made. Closer to Enchanted doll, even.

Not everything skinny is copying Doll Chateau.
>>
>>6171396
>Not everything skinny is copying Doll Chateau.

Fucking *thank you*. Iple is obviously out of their comfort zone with that basic, featureless blythe-head of a doll. And I've seen a lot of iple fans say so too. So just because it's skinny, it's doll chateu-esque to these people?

Please. Doll Chateau, imperfect as they are, would still come up with something with more character and not some generic blob.
>>
>>6171368
Speaking of moved fingers, are there any good tutorials on boiling and moving ugly BJD hands into poses that look better and more natural? I think many of the lower-priced dolls would look so much better if their hands were posed more nicely.
>>
I need help finding someone who can make a DD3 L Bust size Tharja outfit for me. Does anyone know someone skilled who can make one?
>>
>>6171513
How about Beyond Wonderland?
They seem to have no trouble replicating that kind of fantasy-video-game aesthetic.

http://www.beyond-wonderland-bjd.com/strona-230.html
http://www.beyond-wonderland-bjd.com/strona-205.html
>>
>>6171405
>imperfect as they are,
It's one of my favorite brand. I love their marfan syndrome dolls.What are the problems with them ?

But I won't order from them, because :
I can't.
The people who live with me would have nighmare because of them.

I bought the 65cm knight from LUTS. Pobleme is that he has a pretty little girl head, and it looks weird with his /fit/ body. So I need a new head.
Would an iple SID head fits ?
Did someone ever write something about doll's part compatibility?
>>
>>6170458
>>6170459
>giant office lady
Never expected my fetishes to show up in /toy/ of all places.
>>
>>6171547
>What are the problems with them ?
Long-ass wait times. Inconsistent resin colours between batches. Have done a poor job of replicating their own faceups in the past.

I love Doll Chateau too, which is why I'm pissed off with the comparison to the new Iplehouse fairy, but they have their short comings too.
>>
File: soomfaery.jpg (34KB, 500x745px) Image search: [Google]
soomfaery.jpg
34KB, 500x745px
>>6171622
i'm surprised people jumped to doll chateau when they are clearly going for the soom fairies look with those pointed legs
>>
>>6171547
Hybriding with Iple is a pest.
They have huge af neckholes and the neck is shaped weirdly at the top.
A SID head will not fit on a Luts body.

Also it's incredibly difficult to get a single Iple head.
They rarely do head sales, and in splits most people want the head, not body.

With hybrids, just check: neck circumference, neck shape, shoulder width, skintone and resin type.
Compare the body you want to use with the body you are supposed to use.

>>6171423
Boil some water, hold the fingers over the steam till they are bendable and then gently put them into the desired shape.
However, you can only do so much before it snaps.
>>
>>6171682
It's a mix. Sad long DC alien combined with Soom fairy.
>>
Does anyone else miss the Deviantart community from a few years back, like around the time when Hiritai was super active? I joined the hobby in 2011 and it was pretty good then. Everyone was more talkative and it was a good platform for sharing and discussing doll photos, which I haven't found since.
>>
>>6171693
Is there a brand that sell 65 cm doll head that are decently manly ?
>>
>>6171748
Miss hiritai, her Hayden was the first BJD I ever saw.
I left DevArt behind a few years ago because the amount of stupid comments by non-BJD people just got too high.

>>6171798
Hmm, what's decently manly to you?
Are Soom and Switch too soft?

Some Granado heads could work.
Or go for artist heads, especially Russian ones are decent, like Nabarro and Edelweiss. They are harder to get though and no clue if their skintones match LUTS.
But manly is usually for 70cm guys.
>>
>>6171534
Contacted them already, no e mail estimate yet. I imagine it will be very pricy probably. May consider though. I have nice dolls but not enough nice clothes, but isn't that everyone's dilemma?
>>
File: C4JBMfoWAAEUwV1.jpg:orig.jpg (94KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C4JBMfoWAAEUwV1.jpg:orig.jpg
94KB, 1024x1024px
>https://twitter.com/MiraiRobotics/status/829296965959708674
Is your body ready for FA:Girls smart dolls?
>>
>>6171821
>I left DevArt behind a few years ago because the amount of stupid comments by non-BJD people just got too high.

I think DA was ruined once they stopped enforcing any copyright standards, so they could encourage 13 year old shitheads to use it like a facebook-photobucket combo. Now you look through accounts, and >70% of the pictures are just ripped off google, or photos of a stack of DVD/games on a sofa, screenshots of shit they want to buy on ebay, mspaint-traced anime screenshots, or similar absolutely worthless shit. The vapid teenage idiots they wanted on their site just waste everybody's time while adding no value.
>>
>>6172085
Their prices are okay, you just need to keep an eye on their fabric choices since they tend to go for the simple/cheap kind that makes it look more costume-y than necessary.
Sadly that's a plague you have with a lot of eastern european seamstresses, so many fugly flowery cotton dresses.
And I think some of the golden decoration might look better done with worbla.

>>6172086
Hmm, will the doll still be able to move its upper body?

>>6172090
I still remember all those "DevArt is not Photobucket" stamps and posts back in ye olde days.
DevArt could have been a cool all-around art site, instead it's a few really good people and the rest shitting up the place, incl. an infamous reputation and a mostly annoying user base.
>>
>>6172442
Thanks for the tip, my concern is staining though.

So how much is this gonna cost if I do the outfit and hunt my own shoes $300+?
>>
I don't normally bother with doll stuff at all but I saw the Azone Assault Lily dolls and I was wondering if they're good? The 1/12th ones that is.
>>
File: 1485301746537.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485301746537.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>6173586
We actually had this question last thread. I think it's still up. >>6146114 is the post if you want to look into it in detail.

Short summary:
>Great dolls overall. Older Picco Neemo S bodies have the wrist breaking issue. Newer ones are fixed. If the wrist looks like this, it's a new body. If it doesn't, it's an old one.
>Posing: Old body posed great but had the issue of non-mobile wrists and ankles. New body poses amazingly due to the new joint system.
>Easy to clothe. Azone has their own clothing line from them, and they're 1/12 so they end up fitting into a lot of other things too.
>>
>>6173608
Ah, cool. I'm gonna buy one with some little armoury weapons I think. (and then secretly hope I hate it so I can avoid getting into dolls and being weird.)
>>
>>6173441
Considering she wears a dark body suit and the outfit is made of darker colors I am pretty sure this will stain (on a vinyl doll, at least).
I mean, what doesn't on them.
Maybe if the body suit is made of material that doesn't stain that quickly, or lined white, it would be okay.
Lining it with white fabric would make it pretty bulky though.

Regarding the price, I think 300$ is a good estimate.
Depends on how some of the golden decorations are made (like the rings, or the head piece) too.

Is this your own design?
Or is it from a show? From the style an the comments on it I assume it's self-made (by you or someone else).
If not, looking up cosplayers could have helped too, to see how they brought this outfit to life.
>>
File: 02002348176748.jpg (59KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
02002348176748.jpg
59KB, 600x350px
More tan lines yellowing. This time it was authentic. RIP
>>
Are the Danny Choo Smart Dolls shitty or something? They don't show up in the faqs at all.
>>
Here's an old SD Mimi for about $170. Has headplate and box, nothing else.

http://www.dollyteria.com/phone/product/52807
>>
>>6173710
At least for the /toy/ faq the list of companies suck, as does the explanations for some of them.
Like mentioning Soom has long wait times (they are...okay nowadays), but not mentioning them for DC or the majority of chinese companies.
Or how low the amount of artists at the bottom.

Smart Dolls were just not added yet.
There is not much to say about them anyway, overall quality is like Dollfie Dreams, they just lack it aesthetically (stick arms, flat faces) and the clothes are overpriced.
Not so sure about the posing, apparently it's not that great but I think the same of DDs most of the time.

But they are always available, shipping is fast, price is okay for the basic doll.
>>
>>6173749
Yeah, the limbs looked a bit weird but I thought they looked cute otherwise but as I said earlier >>6173586 I'm strictly only interested in the Assault Lily stuff. I really don't want to go deeper.
>>
>>6173710
They are alright and easy to buy.
They are newbfriendly.

Some will say the sculpts are not as good as modern DD but they propose male doll and nice brown skintones.
And buying it allows Choo to live the weab dream.
>>
>>6170458
Need this for the next movie of Avengers
>>
>>6173687
It's Tharja from Fire Emblem, anon...i don't even play vidya and recognized her through cultural diffusion.

>>6173710
Choo's tacky marketing and 'lolol oppai' online persona (and the fact that he plays up his dolls as the savior of the hobby when they're just fairly average, but opportunistically aimed at newbies who don't know much about BJD or DD and will thus believe they're the best around) means most of us aren't too fond of him.
There's nothing wrong with the actual dolls, if for some reason you like one enough to drop five hundo on it.
>>
>>6173820
Ah okay, I am not much into animu girls (at all, actually) and never played Fire Emblem.
Got zero knowledge there, but the drawing style on the sheet looked much like "OC plz do not steal", incl. the English notes.

I just looked at official artworks and cosplays, didn't realize that the body suit is supposed to be see through.
Some of those suitable fabrics for the suit shouldn't stain that badly, but of course white lining is out of the question then.
Anon, definitely look at cosplay versions and check how they did certain parts and if it can be done the same in doll size.
Send some of those pictures as reference to your seamstress of choice too.
>>
>>6173747
Wait a minute.

Dollyteria will buy dolls from you?

http://www.dollyteria.com/page/10
>>
>>6173820
I don't like them enough to drop any money on them.
>>
>>6173973
Well, where do you think they get the dolls they sell? Same for Manda, people show up there and sell them their doll, they turn around and sell it to someone else.

I doubt they accept dolls from overseas shipped to them though.
>>
>>6173870
think the image isn't official and was probably made by a Western cosplayer
>>
Is there any way to tell a recast just from photos?
I'm looking at a fairyland doll on y!ja and it seems too good to be true, even though it's listed as having damage.
Is there a way to tell besides seeing the inner cap? The shopping service site I use doesn't have any option to ask the seller questions so I'm feeling a little SOL
>>
>>6174319
Only if there are obvious differences (doll is bright red but company only offers NS and WS) or they have the known recast face-ups/boxes and bags.

If it's a blank Fairyland doll I would honestly stay away from it, anon.
Even Manda did have a recast already once in a while.
>>
File: chloe.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
chloe.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>6174801
She's NS, and labeled as "junk" but I assume it's because of her having multiple owners, yellowing and damaged body blush.
Pic related is what's really throwing me off, her extras including "serial number card" which doesn't look like anything Fairyland issues as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>6173618
Nothing wrong with that. I posted my Assault lily's in that thread and did the same. Just gave them tacticool clothing and Little Armory weapons.
>>
File: il_570xN.1115594437_t76c.jpg (88KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1115594437_t76c.jpg
88KB, 570x855px
>>6174821
It's a recast, and probably cost the buyer more than an authentic 60cm Feeple would have brand new. It's also hilarious that she felt the need to issue a CoA on her own mediocre ooak work on a fucking recast doll. It looks like some Doll Family A shit instead of a Chloe.

I can't link, but the etsy shop is WillStoreMe.
>>
>>6170745
Brutal. Maybe they were recasts? I know I saw a Delf in there, I think one of the Soo sculpts. Lots of Volks F-05s.

>>6171798
Hard to say. I'm not sure if Le Legend de Temps or whatever they're called may suit your fancy.

>>6172086
Gourai is probably my least favorite FAG. Gimme Hresvelgr or Baselard.

>>6174319
There is one seller in particular on Y!JA that sells recasts and it's pretty easy to pick out. They put the same tag in their titles like [DOLL LEGEND] or someshit (I haven't browsed in a while).

When something is damaged, the Japs will usually sell it at a huge discount. Even they too have a few delusional people who sell crap for full price though, so it's whatever.
>>
>>6174858
Thanks so much anon. I couldn't think of a reason a recast would include a CoA, that's wild lol. I'll happily pass now.
>>
>>6174858
samefagging, but holy shit, do they not know how to use focus?
>>
>>6174869
my bet is they used some fucking cancer filter to give the photo """depth""" and make it look artsy
>>
File: il_fullxfull.1115595661_pfe3.jpg (215KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1115595661_pfe3.jpg
215KB, 1000x1500px
>>6174869
Looking at the eyebrows, I bet the whole thing is grainy colored pencil and they had to mush the focus on the whole face. So somebody basically spent almost $400 extra for a colored pencil faceup, that wig, and a green ribbon.
>>
>>6173687
I just figured it be like body suit + a bikini (probably white lined) or pre-treated.

No reply yet from Wonderland.
>>
>>6174829
Where might I find tacticooly clothing? I pulled the trigger and bought two of the ones I could find so I'm hyped for their delivery. Also got some smol furniture to go with them.
>>
>>6175135
Most cosplayers of Tharja tend to use more matte materials for the majority of her fabrics, then something shiny for the golds and I think that contrast works best otherwise she looks. Well. 5 dollar hooker.
Especially if you want to photograph it, go with a matte fabric for the majority, and the body suit is meant to be sheer. I'm not sure if something super light weight like an organza would stain as quickly.
>>
>>6174906
wow the prices she asks for them...and it's a shame you apparently can sell bootlegs on etsy, openly advertised.

Anons, last thread you brought up wikis, guides and such. What do you link to when you encounter a noob looking to start the hobby (except the two guides at the top)? For a while I typed up something myself every time, but I think a bunch of links by people who have more experience than me might be better...and my english is not great too. Thanks!
>>
>>6175519
Okay, I went through my bookmarks for you. Most of those guides are sadly pretty old, because after a certain point they stopped being updated and new ones didn't crop up that often anymore. Avoid the wikiHow entries, they are pretty much bullshit.

Except for the obvious guides at the top, I know of:
- bjd_wtf, back in ye olde days was a great guide on Livejournal that included pretty much everything you should know. They moved that information to a new site and added some more in 2016:
http://atriphene.wixsite.com/bjdwtf
It's pretty hilarious because they sometimes still use the old pictures, information might be outdated too, but most of the time it's pretty correct and it's a nice look back into the past.

- Wordpress guide called The BJD Guide: https://abjds.wordpress.com/
Stopped being updated in 2012, had a first few good entries but probably isn't that helpful anymore

- A guide to BJDs by a lolita, which mostly talks about the basics and how to decide what to buy. Also pretty old, but was a good read back then:
http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.de/2010/06/bjd-101-ball-jointed-dolls-for.html

- This FAQ is huge but recent, it pretty much talks about everything you can imagine and has links for more reading:
http://fuckinghardhat.tumblr.com/post/137414925880/the-big-bjd-faq
If you check their help tag you will find a few more entries that might help out. My go to link when I don't type something up myself.

- Another newish guide: http://looking-glass-lands.blogspot.de/2016/04/a-bjd-guide-for-beginners-from-start-to.html
At first thought it wasn't that bad, but they tell newbs to use acetone to remove stains. Gets a no from me because of that.

- Yureya's guides: https://yureya.com/category/bjd-basics/ Some information is specific to her country (Germany), but the basic stuff is alright and easy to read. Pretty recent too.

Had to remove some from my bookmarks because they were defunct now or, with more experience, turned out to be bullshit.
>>
File: $_1 (3).jpg (25KB, 225x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1 (3).jpg
25KB, 225x400px
>see this cute head on ebay

Oh, I wonder why it's not selling

>Open pictures...
>>
File: $_1 (4).jpg (10KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1 (4).jpg
10KB, 300x400px
Oh.
>>
File: $_1 (5).jpg (10KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1 (5).jpg
10KB, 300x400px
Poor doll.
>>
>>6175801
>>6175803
What is this? Failed freckles or painting with blood again?
>>
File: FIG-DOL-8320_01.jpg (35KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-DOL-8320_01.jpg
35KB, 450x600px
>>6175364
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-DOL-8320
>>
File: 020049889817530.jpg (49KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
020049889817530.jpg
49KB, 500x223px
I guess Zoukeimura hired Michael J Fox to make their eyes. This is pretty sad, you can get better eyes off Taobao for under $10.
>>
>>6175971
wow.
no QC huh?
>>
>>6175831
Look at the ears.
>>
>>6176008
They're ears!?
>>
Looking at this doll makes me feel physically ill. Who in their right mind would do this intentionally?
>>
>>6175971
Wow, when/where did this pic come from? Are you sure they're Zouks? Those usually have threaded lines in them don't they?
>>
>>6176043
We're gonna have to be generous here.
>>
>>6175801
>>6175803
fuckin'...why don't they just toss the head in the freezer and pry those damn things off if they're trying to sell it? There's no way they add to the resale value. I assume the seller is just too ignorant to undo the mods.
>>
>>6175447
thanks for the tip and yeah, it probably be an outfit I'd take my doll to meets and stuff but not to leave on display all day or in storage.
>>
>>
>>6176272
I really hope this has gone to a good home. However, whoever would pay $200 for that probably thinks it looks good.
>>
Dang it, it's so hard to find a cute goth-y outfit for a 1/12th doll. I just don't want all my dolls wearing the same thing.
>>
File: 001.jpg (106KB, 650x664px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
106KB, 650x664px
gonna share my LLT neil because those elfgutz-esque abominations are making me sad. first attempt at a chin length wig. its pretty shit but the messy bum look fits the character so i'm okay with it.
>>
>>6176703
I think the head came out really nice!
The hairdo doesn't suit him. I think at that length, he should be more 'surfer dude' style.
>>
I have a few questions regarding companies:

1) What are the chances of Bluefairy selling items they don't have for sale on their site anymore? A few of the items they don't have for sale anymore have really captured my heart and they seem like a eager-to-please company that might do that kind of thing?

2) Has anyone here ordered from Cocoriang? Tobi has also stolen my heart and with that price tag I'm really considering it, but would like others opinions first and he's OT on DoA.
>>
I want to get a Mini Dollfie Dream as my first "big" doll (everything else I own is between 1/12 and 1/6) but I really don't like the default model's face or hair. I've never gone about commissioning a faceup, and I'm not sure if I should go for a commission or just lurk yahoo Japan auctions until a head I like pops up. While I know that most of the people in this thread aren't taking commissions, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for artists or advice.
>>
>>6176703
I think it suits him, but for some reason he reminds me of He-Man now :I

>>6176785
>they seem like a eager-to-please company
They aren't.

No clue why you think this anon, but BF is pretty backwards and when you have an issue with them they are slow as fuck to handle this.
Friend of mine once bought two dolls from them + additional hands, they all had different skintones since BF produces dolls and stores them till people buy them.
Hands didn't match, one doll had a more yellowish head on a peachy body etc., and they tried their best to avoid having to pay/exchange the dolls.
And regarding the backwards thing, it took them years to make WS a standard color, and now you can only order their dolls in ordering periods.
They will not produce something again just because you ask them nicely, either they get some new stock (because it isn't too old and was ordered anyway) or not.

>Has anyone here ordered from Cocoriang
Not ordered, but several of my friends bought a Tobi at LDoll, and I visited their booth too.
The dolls are nice quality, extremely cute and well painted. The little outfits and accessoires are well made too and the couple who owns CocoRiang is very cute and hard working.
Totally get Tobi with the sleeping face too though, that one is so cute and makes for great pictures.
Tobi is pretty small though, he easily fits in your hand.
>>
>>6176916
Hm, the amount of western DD artists that are open is unfortunately not that big and their style is pretty meh at times (barely better than default).
Some BJD artists will paint them if asked, it's a little difficult to find one though that has done it more than once and has a nice style too.
Lots of them are open for a challenge though.
If you are brave you could also look for asian artists that actually offer commissions, can't help you there though.

I picked two of the DD forum artists for you (at least the open ones that don't suck and can be reached outside of the forum):
https://freyasfaceups.wordpress.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67187819@N03/

https://www.instagram.com/x3ash/
Example: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCCYcl8w8YT/

Commissioning someone is actually not that difficult.
You contact them when they are open, ask if a slot is available and tell them in a few words what you want (like "I have a MDD vinyl head from Volks (this one 'link to head') I'd like to have painted in an anime-style. I am looking for a detailed, cute but natural look in rosy/brown tones. Something like 'pic related'").
Afterwards wait for their answer, rest explains itself then.
Usually you will be asked to pay, ship the head, maybe write down a few more instructions. Artist will then paint the head, probably show some WIP pictures and when all is done ship back the head to you.

If you go the Y! route you will probably have to pay quite the hefty price.
Lots of the good artists on Y! have a crazy following and their heads go for a lot of money.
If you just want to have a cute, well painted doll there are easier and cheaper ways.
>>
File: 005.jpg (95KB, 650x581px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
95KB, 650x581px
>>6176731
i'm going more for a kind of shy awkward space brained artist type. thinking of getting him a big army like jacket and splattering a little paint on it, and smudging the tips of his fingers black as if he's been drawing with charcoal etc

>>6177159
HA it is kind of He-Man looking. Maybe once he's all put together it'll look better? It doesn't look so ridiculous from other angles, just the front.
>>
>>6176703
What a boring faceup.
>>
>>6177233
>i'm going more for a kind of shy awkward space brained artist type

I think that works well.
He looks a little spaced out and awkward, like the "weird guy" at school that is actually not that bad once you get to know him.
>>
File: 005.jpg (200KB, 650x2141px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
200KB, 650x2141px
>>6177284
not everyone has to be a glam rocker visual kei eflgutz sparkle fag. i already have a couple of those. idk i'm just a fan of natural faceups on guys.
>>
>>6177284
Perhaps the star-stickered and glitter freaks interest you more?
>>
>>6177164
Thanks for the advice! I'll look into them.

>If you just want to have a cute, well painted doll there are easier and cheaper ways.
Could you expand on this please? I'm all for cuteness and money saving, and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>6177429
Nice to see something plain and simple and well executed once in a while.
>>
File: tumblr_mdeviwscIr1qzuvxjo1_500.jpg (49KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdeviwscIr1qzuvxjo1_500.jpg
49KB, 500x333px
>>6177445
I did, it's the whole part above that sentence.

>Buy cheap blank DD head
>Look for commissionable artist you like
>Get a slot with them
>Pay artist
>???
>Profit

I just can't help much with DD artists because a) I paint my dolls myself and b) left DDs behind a while ago.
The two ones I linked are the only one from the dollfiedreams forum that were still open, looked decent and had a website outside of the forum I could link to.
Freya I can highly recommend.

Honestly, just don't buy an artist head on Y! if you "just" want a nice doll.
A regular face-up artist will just ask for his fee, an auction of a known artist will in the end cost you several hundred dollars for a head because of crazy fans.
Doesn't mean you will get a nicely painted head for 10$, but it's still a big difference to pay 50-100$ for a face-up versus 550$ for a painted 30$ DD head.

Here's a really good BJD artist for example that paints DDs too:
https://www.raquelclementedolls.com/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/deliciouslyforbidden/25563995064/in/dateposted/

Pic related was by Chien, but as far as I know she stopped taking commissions.
As said, you can ask those too and ask them if they have an example for some work done on a vinyl doll.
>>
File: gud.jpg (24KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
gud.jpg
24KB, 301x267px
>>6177472
Ah, okay. Thank you. I was never sure how much the heads went for on auction; I'll definitely commission one then.
>>
>>6177472
Adding: Doesn't mean that every nice custom head on Y! is going for high prices.
But the really nice ones definitely do, and if you manage to get one you need to pay the fees on top AND have zero saying in how your head looks like.
>>
>>6177481
Try this in the Yahoo Japan Auction search:
DDH カスタムヘッド

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/k242450805?lang=en&rc=yaucc
Here is one of DerTeufel666's head, it's already at 500+$ and still going for a while.

Watch the auctions for a while, some are still low so maybe you can snatch one up you like that will not spike up in price in the end.
>>
>>6177484
>>6177487
Thanks. It does seem kind of intimidating to use proxies and such, but I'll stalk the auctions too.
>>
I wish the second-hand market wouldn't be so slow.
I'm not even into it for the money anymore, I just want the fucking space.

And yes, doing everything correctly.
My offer is the lowest priced one, incl. worldwide shipping, I allow layaway, I take nice and detailed photos, will mark down and mark it as gift.
Even Volks is not selling anymore.
>>
>>6177569
Theres many companies now, more competition to push out NEW dolls.

Old timers have too many dolls already at this point, and probably won't buy unless its a grail or something. They can afford to be picky over 2nd hand dolls.

New comers into the hobby are a hit or miss. They may complain about price, wants new, wants custom made, and theres lots of options for them to choose from. They don't have a major reason to buy 2nd hand and deal with some associated problems.
>>
>>6177599
I honestly think the whole "always limited, lots of events" thing is to blame too.
People are jumping from event to event, always juggling at least one layaway if not more.
No fund left to buy something second-hand they might want when another limited could be released they "need" to get.

Also I'm an old-timer myself, and for me it's honestly a "there are no dolls that interest me anymore" thing.
I don't even own that many, I just have seen so many already and I dislike most of the newly released dolls or am bored by them.
I still have certain types I would like to buy, but they haven't been released so far.
It's frustrating though, I still have some roles to fill and all that is released is the same old, DC aliens or frenchie copy dolls.
>>
>>6176703
Incredibly good looking guy, anon. I like the wig too desu.
>>
>>6177569
I had the same problem too with online second hand market. I wasted over a year trying to sell two of my dolls.
Then one of my friends suggest Kijiji and within a week I sold both of them to different sellers for the same prices I was offering online.
It's really bizarre how the online market gotten bad.
>>
File: WhispersB.jpg (144KB, 609x887px) Image search: [Google]
WhispersB.jpg
144KB, 609x887px
>>6177679
I think I am currently pretty limited too.
I basically only sell on my social media, DoA and our local forum.
Maybe it's really time to branch out onto different websites, the ones that aren't frequently visited by the same people again and again.

I'm in Europe though, so no clue what my options are.
Ebay is a bit of a pest a times.
>>
>>6177569
May I ask what you're selling and where?
>>
>>6177679
*oops i meant buyers not sellers.

>>6177684
Yeah DoA was really difficult. I didn't even get a single offer.
Good luck! Don't give up.
>>
>>6177233
You should give him a cigarette too. I always imagine spaced out artists to smoke and drink coffee.
>>
File: 46546878641.png (916KB, 1023x716px) Image search: [Google]
46546878641.png
916KB, 1023x716px
>>6177689
I'm afraid that would disclose who I am.
And unfortunately I can't risk that (blabla reputation, blabla people being idiots and thinking everyone who posts on 4chan is a monster).
Sorry anon.

Regarding the where, posted that here >>6177684.

>>6177694
Thanks anon.
I just checked kijiji, apparently it doesn't exist in my country anymore (was eaten by ebay).

I honestly am asking myself if I should just wipe the face-up of the one Volks head I am selling and repaint him.
You rarely see him repainted, and everyone who wants him default probably has one by now. And my painted heads always sold pretty quickly in comparison to the blank ones, but I am so swamped with commissions already.
And I know how some Volks owners acted like in the past, wiping a limited default was basically like cutting the value in half.
>>
>>6177716
This truthfully doesn't happen.
I can think of several identifiable people who post here and the only one who ever got dumbshits trying to 'call them out' was BFB for some reason; the response was a uniform "yeah but it's anonymous so you can't prove who actually posts here or what they actually said".
>>
File: tumblr_m5dy4nZ1n51qcs7z1o1_.jpg (114KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5dy4nZ1n51qcs7z1o1_.jpg
114KB, 600x900px
>>6177733
Calling out =/= people thinking badly about it.

Not everyone runs straight to a confession Tumblr and tries to out you, but I know from several of my customers how they think about this place here and people who post here.
They just don't announce it for others to see.
Had the same on meet-ups, someone would mention that there is a BJD thread on 4chan and people would get nasty.

And I like to keep this as a place I can safely rant sometimes or ask for help without someone knowing who I am.
>>
>>6177716
Apparently people on Etsy will pay over $500 for an OOAK "full set" recast mini, so it can't hurt.
>>
>>6177760
If it's a MNF.

Those sell even on this slow market.
As long as it's FL it probably sells.
>>
>>6177569
Have you tried FB groups or Instagram? Honestly, I never expected of ever sell anything on DoA anymore, but if I post on bump sales posts on FB or IG at the right time, I sell dolls within a week usually.
>>
>>6177890
I post on IG, but no luck there yet.

And Facebook....any group recommendations?
So far I avoided the BJD comm there because it seemed like it's full of cheap retards and recast lovers who can't follow rules.
Basically the ones who are too stupid to get onto DoA or got kicked from there.
Mostly base this on the local FB group though and screenshots from the BJD Addicts group.

Not to mention that I am a little worried selling to some nobody on FB.
Are there any trustworthy groups?
>>
>>6177159
Huh. I could have sworn I'd read raving reviews for BF before, but that is good to know. I guess I'll get stalking the secondhand market for what I want.
Thanks for the info! Tobi is officially on my wishlist then, I collect Calico Critters as well as bjd so imo he'll fit right in between my collections well.
>>
>>6177714
i am legit going to give him a cigarette, i dont like to ramble on about characters and all that jazz, but yeah, he's a smoker. so i guess he's a bit of a cliche of the awkward artist, lol, but fuck it whatever
>>
>>6177733
>>6177743

i post more now than i ever did before being "called out" i honestly don't give a flying fuck. i don't open my shop anymore so i'm not afraid of "losing customers" and all that jazz. honestly, i've gotten no hate or comments or anyone even bringing up the fact i openly post here at all, ever other than that salty sjw. could be because i don't have a tumblr. i only post on flickr and sometimes DOA. and on DOA people are either too nice, too oblivious, or too chicken shit to out of the blue message you to idk, chastise you for doing "bad" things. and on flickr people only care about the pictures.

i also never really had convos with people who hired me, i'm not very chatty, and i also don't go to meetups, so basically, what i'm trying to say is, unless you use tumblr or really put yourself out there, there are no real repercussions at all for posting here.
>>
File: IMG_3246.jpg (73KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3246.jpg
73KB, 640x637px
What are your thoughts on the new Smartdoll boy?
>>
>>6178054

he's kinda cute, but that's about it.
>>
>>6178054
I think he looks better than some of the girl Smart Dolls
I wouldn't buy him, but he's not bad looking
>>
>>6178054
I'm probably gonna buy him, not gonna lie. The boys are the only things that really interest me as far as Smart Dolls go.
>>
File: $_3 (2).jpg (34KB, 303x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3 (2).jpg
34KB, 303x800px
>BJD MSD Resinsoul Legit Hybrid Body Doll Chateau Recast Bella Head Egyptian
>$229

Who would pay $229 for a secondhand recast head on a bobobie body when the authentic full doll is only $299 brand new? The real head is only $88.
>>
File: trump_small_hands.jpg (68KB, 915x510px) Image search: [Google]
trump_small_hands.jpg
68KB, 915x510px
>>6178054
>that fist
>>
>>6174865
1/3 scale Hresvelgr would cost an absolute fortune.
>>
>>6177933
>Not to mention that I am a little worried selling to some nobody on FB.

I'm starting to wonder if your inability to sell might have something to do with you.
>>
>>6178113
I am really digging the molding neck aesthetic too.
>>
There's no chance that Volks is going to put out another default MDD with DDH-10 and maybe a different bust size from Rena, is there?
>>
>>6178048
You see, I am the exact opposite of you.
I have an active shop that generates like 95% of my spending money for this hobby, I'm active in pretty much every community in this hobby (except for FB/Youtube), go to meet-ups and actually talk to people.
I went to conventions and I am probably as 'out there' as it gets.
It's easy to say that it's no big deal if you aren't risking anything and haven't encountered people already who clearly had a less than pleasant opinion about this place.

Still the majority here hides behind the anon badge and never posts their own dolls.
I believe that it's all cool and respected to post here when that changes.
Till then I like to keep that one place where I can freely post an opinion without it being attached to my name for once.
It's not like I get anything out of outing myself here either.

>>6178262
Ah, of course.
I've been in this hobby for ten years now, have pages full of only good feedback, am easily reachable and offer everything a buyer could want (nice and detailed pictures, low price, willing to declare low/mark as gift, not living in some shithole country, offering layaway, clean dolls with certificates, not asking for fees, willing to ship worldwide etc.).
I only encountered those selling problems in the last year too, before I never had something sitting on the market for longer than a month.

But please tell me how me thinking that FB is a risky place to sell on means I am some nightmare seller or whatever.
Even though I still asked for recommendations (i.e. clearly showing I would give it a try) and admitted that my view on the FB comm might be a bit biased because all I know of it comes through the local group (which IS a shithole) and screenshots from Addicts.

It's just obvious that one feels safer if you have some kind of feedback system, people need to do at least a little to gain access to the marketplace and getting an account isn't so easy that even your total web-noob mom can manage it.
>>
>>6178054
He does look better than the last, but it's again just a painted front shot.
I believe he's better when there are some profile and blank shots.

>>6178326
There maybe is?
Nobody knows when they will make another basic and how it will look like.

>>6178023
Well, they ship insanely fast because of the whole in-stock thing, have been there for years and their stuff is good quality.
It's just that they are pretty much stuck in the past and can be a pain to deal with when something goes wrong (so...like Volks), and they aren't exactly known for jumping through hoops for their customers (like Impldoll, who will pretty much do anything, or Resinsoul who would even sell you a four armed doll in translucent pink glitter resin if you just ask nicely enough).

But the little Coco Riang guy is a total cutie and I've already seen pics of him next to Calico Critters/Sylvanian Familes dolls, and he blends in nicely.
>>
>>6178054
i want one and dressed like a girl.
>>
>>6178054
He's the first smartdoll I actually fell in love with. But I need to see different angles before willing to buy one.
>>
Are Pullip BJDs? Or are they just fashion dolls?
>>
File: 73581354.png (142KB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
73581354.png
142KB, 400x259px
>>6178880
first thing i think of whenever someone says pullip
>>
>>6178880
Well, you can decide that.
Bjd have certain charactistics such as,
1) Strung together.
2) Material usually resin, porcelain, wood.
3) Ball-joints for range of motion
>>
File: 5410548913_b27d8f6610_o.jpg (471KB, 619x800px) Image search: [Google]
5410548913_b27d8f6610_o.jpg
471KB, 619x800px
>>6178880
They are "just" fashion dolls.
I dislike the just, because every type of doll has its own benefits and not everything needs to be a BJD.

Pullips are made of ABS, have hinge joints and are (except for the MIO kits) sold as finished dolls.
They are very top heavy (extreme bubbleheads, like Blythe) with thin bodies.
No strings, eyes are set in with a mechanism, and with basic models wigs are glued on.
They have a totally different feeling compared to BJDs, but they are easy to customize and for many the first step into modern doll collecting.
Unlike BJDs they are also all made by one company (Groove).
A BJD is an+ overall type, while Pullip is a certain doll line by one company.

Wish I could have found a naked comparison, but this is a Soom 1/3 BJD (~65cm), Pullip, Blythe, Volks 1/6 BJD (~26cm).
>>
>>6178880
Fashion dolls with a huge customizing aspect. >>6178917 gave a pretty great summary here.

If you want a BJD for the sake of having a BJD, this is not your doll. If you like the customizing, this might be your doll. For one, you're going to have a much easier time dressing a Pullip than a BJD. Every doll pattern mook features Pullip and dolls of a similar size (like Momoko and Blythe), so you already have way more patterns available to you. They're also incredibly easy to shop for since they're in that 27cm fashion doll size range. Big ol' heads also means you can buy BJD sized wigs instead of having to deal with Monique or something (as you'd have to do with most 27cm dolls whose heads fall into size 3-5 wigs).

I feel like I missed something important here. I think most people in this thread have at least decent experience with Pullips since for many people, it's what got us into this hobby in the first place.
>>
>>6178054
Nice.
Choo is stepping up his game.
>>
Andreja did a video on a enchanted doll resin and that doll seems to have amazing design in term of poseability and range of movement.
I always though those were so liked because of their porcelain sisters with amazing embroided dresses but there are more quality to them than just that.

And with Andreja's face up it is so damn cute.

The maker of enchanted doll is amazing at craft except face-up.
>>
>>6177429
I am still so in love with your eyebrows on him! I need to work on mine as they always turn out a bit too thick and dark...I went from doing them completely with pastel and pencil to trying to switch over to acrylic, and while the detail looks decent imo, its hard to see it when the pastel is so blocky under it. :/
>>
>>6177429
Nice.
What sculpt is it ?
>>
>>6178054
Body OK but

>dem angles

The face sculpt probably has the same issue that all other smart dolls do - no dimension/depth to the face; only looks good at a front-facing view
>>
>>6180129
What kind of sealant are you using? I used to use Volks ZM spray and thought it was the best until a client sent me a can of MSC with their head to work on. At first I didn't like it and went back to ZM, but then I tried it again and I find that pastels go on FAR smoother and you don't have to use as many layers because the color stays more vibrant. Eyebrows are the first thing I do on a faceup, I do it before blushing or shading or anything. I use a kneaded eraser to shape the brow, and lately I make the finest point I can and then erase tiny lines from the inner brow area, leaving the outer brow darker, then I soften the lines by lightly smudging the area with a Q tip. Then I move on to all the other stuff, and leaving painting the actual eyebrow hairs for almost last. Pic related is basically how my eyebrow bases look before the hairs are painted. Though obviously for my neil, it was super light / barely there.

>>6180211
Thanks! He's a La Legende de Temps Neil
>>
File: soso.jpg (174KB, 649x1715px) Image search: [Google]
soso.jpg
174KB, 649x1715px
>>6180286
dropped my pic, hurrr.

Also want to say, that go lighter than you think you need to when blocking out the eyebrows. If you want the brows to be black, don't block them out in deep black pastel, use a gray or cool toned brown, and then use black paint for the hairs. Same for whatever color you want the brows to be, just use a lighter version of that color, and don't block it out totally solid, my eyebrow bases are almost always slightly see through.
>>
>>6177743
Same. I post here for actual critique instead of hugbox shit.

If anything, 4chan is less of a boogie monster than has ever been because mods (particularly on /cgl/) are typically tumblrfags. But... yeah, I guess once a place gets a reputation, it sticks. We're not sunshine and kittens and ~muh pronouns~ but we're hardly doxxing each other or sending threats. Sure, we're gonna make fun of your doll if it's shit.

>>6178153
tbf, it looks like Gourai is only wearing the base anime shit, so I doubt the extensive armor would come with the basic doll. He may go back and release a super limited armored version, but who knows at this point? Danny probably already has an animu school swimsuit for his dolls, so it'd be fairly easy to do Hamburger.

>>6178446
Hey, I feel you. If you are who I think you are, yeah, the local group is full of crazy. I haven't joined Addicts either because of the babbys it attracts and I don't like to hang around on FB anyway. I joined the BJD Discord a while back and a lot of it is whining, but they do have a sales channel.

>>6178880
They're fashion dolls. However, we can still discuss them (as in, Asian dolls) here if there is no thread (most of them fall off the board without hitting autosage).
>>
>>6180291
Hopping on this, I work similar.

I first lightly blush the basic eyebrow shape and then erase it with a piece of magic eraser.
Show that to the customer so he can nod it off, afterwards I seal that.
Next step I darken the outer tip of the eyebrows and the middle, seal that again, darken the outer tips again, seal that.
Basically goes from dark to very light, fading out from outside to the inside.
I also paint small hairs outside of that blushed base, so they don't look like they were plucked into shape (unless that's wanted).

I personally do the eyebrows after I did the majority of the blushing though (except for chin and cheeks, I always do those last to avoid scratching them during painting).
>>
>>6180129
Forgot to add that here >>6180550:
Agree with BFB, the base itself doesn't need to be that dark.
If you are painting enough hairs they will provide the shade you need.

You only need to go all dark on them right away if you are lazy and go for the "five white hairs at the front" look.
There are no hairs to get the correct color, so the blushed base needs to be dark enough already.
>>
>>6178054
Nose is still terrible and looks like it was sculpted in silly putty.
Besides the slightly different mouth I wouldn't even notice any changes.
Regarding the body, the neck is way too short and thin. When I dress mine up in anything other than an v-neck shirt, he looks like a scared turtle. Even the DDS body has a stronger neck.
>>
File: 1486418867466.png (102KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
1486418867466.png
102KB, 900x950px
How does Kumik Pale compare to Obitsu White? Pics would be much appreciated.
>>
>>6182324
wew that's dark.
>>
File: 1234567.png (799KB, 1196x664px) Image search: [Google]
1234567.png
799KB, 1196x664px
I wish there was some juicy drama in the hobby now. Shit's getting boring.
>>
File: 978654.png (746KB, 772x771px) Image search: [Google]
978654.png
746KB, 772x771px
Also, is there any way to make furwigs look decent? Or are they forever a lost cause?
>>
>>6183028
Good quality fur (i.e. not the shittiest, thinnest one), properly brushed and styled can look good.
It always does look like poofy anime fluff though.
>>
>>6171555
This. More?
>>
I want a body for a minifee head, but I don't want a minifee body. This is turning out to be a lot harder than I thought.

I want something that is very pretty, maybe a one piece torso or a two with a bust joint. Thin with long legs (but not dollchateau).
>>
>>6183649
Male or female?
How important is the skinmatch?
Which skintone?

And it's true, there aren't that many options.
FL heads are pretty big, so the slender bodies make them look very bobble-headed (worse than MNF bodies).
And you need to deal with the neck connector or the lack of one.
>>
File: Capture.png (426KB, 362x500px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
426KB, 362x500px
>>6183652

Oh, I guess that info would have helped. 2016 REH head, NS, female. I have an airbrush and I'm not afraid to uses it but within the realm anyway. I thought about a dollzone body (the new one) but it's 2 cm taller than this hybrid and I'm afraid the height will make her look downright alien next to my other minifee
>>
>>6170745
why is this making people upset? I thought the music video was good
>>
>>6183888
>art being destroyed for the sake of "art"
>>
>>6184109
those dolls likely would have been destroyed anyway. same for all the dolls you own now, eventually they'll just be sold from one person to the next until they are forgotten and stored away somewhere. by then they'll be damaged, stained, or hideously yellowed. resin doesn't last forever. eventually down the line they'll be thrown out because they'll be too deteriorated to be enjoyed.
>>
>>6184109
Someone in the comments claims they were made specifically for this video. Besides, everything gets destroyed and forgotten eventually.
Was that trigger warning on the post serious?
>>
>>6184485
I was not triggered but it made me uncomfortable considering that those are not cheap
>>
>>6177743
I love the outfit the girl is in on the left...
Need source on shop...
>>
File: kermit8.jpg (5KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
kermit8.jpg
5KB, 195x195px
>>6184408
>not planning to burn your dolls at your funeral pyre so they go to Valhalla with you
>>
File: 1460455305548.jpg (236KB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
1460455305548.jpg
236KB, 2048x1364px
Is there a place or blog that gives a detailed process on face ups?
I mostly would like an idea of how long to let each layer of sealant set before adding another. I tried on one vinyl head and it seemed to not take. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thank you if anyone responds.
>>
>>6186454
How thick are you laying it? It shouldn't take more than a minute for each layer, but it should be applied in thin coats. Ideally not even thick enough to look proper wet.

(Sorry, that's about the extent I can answer this as I don't have any tutorial links to share.)
>>
>>6186482
I went over it with one even spray of MSC spray and let it set for 30 mins. I did that 3 times. It never felt very dry for me.
>>
>>6186889
That doesn't sound normal at all. Hmm. How far are you spraying it? And you've checked that the MSC hasn't expired, yeah?

I've only done a couple of faceups on vinyl, but they've never been any different than resin heads. I dunno if this would help, but I was taught to spray in short bursts since, I was told, you'd be unlikely to spray super evenly with a continuous spray and you're more likely to lay it on too thick with spraying in one go.
>>
>>6186889
How close are you spraying it? My MSC stays tacky if I literally don't hold it two feet away from the head and lightly mist the head.
>>
>>6187181
Also, if you're spraying vinyl heads I find Testors Dullcote doesnt react as badly/need as much work as MSC does for whatever reason.
>>
File: 1477358582349.jpg (105KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1477358582349.jpg
105KB, 768x1024px
>>6186983
>How far are you spraying it?
About 25-30cm away.

>MSC hasn't expired
Got it from amazon and don't think it has.

>spray in short bursts
Thanks anon, I'll try that. I've got a boy that's looked like a little ghost too long and needs features.

>>6187181
>>6187184
>MSC stays tacky
Tacky is exactly what it's like for me.
25-30cm distance away, I'll try further.
Thank you for your suggestions and help anon.
>>
>>6187190
dunno what this anon >>6187184
is talking about but dullcote does indeed stay tacky and attracts dirt like a magnet and yellows.

msc on the other hand, does not when used properly. you only need to MIST it on, like >>6187181 said. it shouldn't look wet, and should only have the dullest shine for only a couple of seconds. i go downstairs to spray, by the time i walk upstairs the layer is dry to the touch and i can almost immediately start working.
>>
>>6187190
>using metric

Are you Australian btw? Cuz I am too and this Summer has been the shittiest season to spray MSC here because I could spray closer before but for the last few months MSC has been drying tacky and shiny when I sprayed it at the same distance as you. Spraying MUCH further away in light mistings definitely made a huge difference though.
>>
>>6186454
The vinyl head you are working on, is it a hard head like DD or the soft kind like MH?
Just asking for others too, because at least for me MSC was always working fine on pretty much everything.
Only time I had sticky/tacky issues was with Purity Seal on MH heads.

I think your issue is probably the weather.
If it's too warm and humid the MSC won't cure properly and always stays tacky.
If the layer is too thick on top the layer will never properly cure.

I live in a very mild climate (central Europe) and MSC never acted up for me.
Only issue was spraying outside at freezing temperatures when I was still a noob, the MSC will fall off the doll then.
Literally. In big flakes.
>>
File: IMG_0039.jpg (846KB, 1536x2108px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
846KB, 1536x2108px
>>6186454
MSC shouldn't give trouble on soft or hard vinyl, I have a Pure neemo body, parabox head (gretel) hybrid and an hujoo bunny that I have done multiple face-ups on. I dries really quickly and evenly on both. I do have to agree with the other anons about spraying from a distance and in short bursts. pic related, the two cuties I'm talking about
>>
File: IMG_1770.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1770.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>618795
and I know, bad phone pic, shit splatter faceup, the stuff of nightmares, at least I can sew? Also a tip for other tiny bjd owners, as a kid (late 90's and early 2000's) I had mini versions of baby borns, I kept mine and the furniture and clothes that come with it fit my hujoo bunny perfectly! Couch on the picture is also from mini baby born.
>>
File: 1459539373849.jpg (94KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1459539373849.jpg
94KB, 799x1200px
>>6187285
>MIST it on
I understand. I tried to do a sweeping spray and probably failed from being too close.
Thank you.

>>6187288
>Are you Australian btw?
Non, Africa but in the south stateside atm.
>last few months MSC has been drying tacky and shiny when I sprayed it at the same distance
>Spraying MUCH further away in light mistings definitely made a huge difference
Ok anon, thank you very much. I'm feeling that this is definately my issue.
It's humid and hot here as well.

>>6187304
It's soft, think it's obitsu or parabox. Admittedly I bought it long ago and just felt like I should finally work on it.
>I think your issue is probably the weather.
I agree, thank you for all your insight.

>>6187955
I see! Thank you anon, very helpful. Thanks for the tip on clothing as well.
>>
>>6188272
if i wasn't such an awkward loser with self image issues, i would make a video of how i spray MSC because that seems to be the ONE thing that no faceup artist tutorial shows. all the ones i ever seen only describe how to spray a head, but never shows actual video of how they do it so people can really understand how far away to be and how much to spray for each layer.
>>
File: dollcans_vezeto.jpg (264KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dollcans_vezeto.jpg
264KB, 681x1024px
Dumb questions inbound -

What scale are 8 inch figures, and what clothes will fit them? Got a blank figure that is on 8 inch scale and I want to dress him up a lil.
>>
File: 1484871997288.jpg (104KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1484871997288.jpg
104KB, 1200x799px
>>6188823
Please do, you can wear a hoodie and face mask.
Don't speak and just subtitle. That's what I would do personally. No pressure of course.
>>
>>6188823
Put the camera in first person view, nobody has to see your face at all. It would be handy to have subtitles to pause and read over a voice.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_040127.jpg (932KB, 2368x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_040127.jpg
932KB, 2368x4208px
This is a brand new, unused can of MSC. Can someone tell me what these instructions mean? Google translate tells me it's how to 'de-gas' the can but why would I need to do that?
>>
>>6189300
I always assumed they want you to do this when the can is empty, to make sure it's fully empty before you toss it out?
Not sure though, but that's the only thing that makes sense to me.
>>
>>6188972
Is the figure itself 8 inches tall or is that supposed to measure something else? Like head circumference-- 8-9" is fairly popular for wig sizes here. I'm just trying to understand your post better so I can give a smarter answer.

>>6189300
I always took that for how to clean the nozzle if it gets splatty. But I think >>6189892 has a great point.
>>
File: 20170218_101729.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_101729.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>6190632
Ah yes, my apologies, meant he is 8 inches tall.

He's a Korean figure from a game called Mabinogi. A friend gave him to me and I thought he was cute enough to buy some clothes for.
>>
>>6189300
It's because japs need to make sure their spray paint bottles are safe to handle before trash collects them.
>>
>>6190884
He looks like he could fit Licca, Blythe, Pure Neemo sized clothing. A lot of it is for girls but I know there's some gender neutral stuff you could use.
>>
>>6192563
Awesome, I'll keep an eye out. I'm assuming Pure Neemo XS would fit him better. Thanks a bunch!
>>
If I need some primer, can I use any sandable grey primer, usually those for cars? Or I do I have to use something made for the hobby like Mr Surfacer?
>>
>>6193751
Pure Neemo XS should be great actually. That's also the body type that gets Azone's (very limited) male clothing. I know they have a cute sailor boy outfit among other things.
>>
>>6193969
What do you need it for?

Generally the car stuff is okay, but Mr. Surfacer is the shit.
That small can is really worth its money.
Haru for example tells you to use it when sending him stuff to be casted, since it works well with silicone and has no unwanted reactions.
>>
File: IMG_2156.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2156.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>6178326
...maybe? You could always just buy the head and base body with an optional bust. This came across my feed today, so there may be hope. If not from the US, check the int site.
>>
>>6195996
It's a mix of sculpey, paperclay and stone clay.

I'm gonna get Mr Surfacer then, if that's what pros use.
>>
>>6190884
Wait Mabinogi had non statue figures? I wonder if they made one of a girl.
>>
>>6197289
There is a girl and a child. I believe they give them away as prizes for contests in NA, but that's it. Can't find much information about them.
>>
File: 1476628679559.jpg (283KB, 1280x977px) Image search: [Google]
1476628679559.jpg
283KB, 1280x977px
Does anyone have any good pictures of witch inspired dolls?
I want to make my doll into a cute little witch but I can't decide on what to make for her outfit. I also need to redo her faceup once the weather is MSC appropriate.
Picture not mine.
>>
>>6197297
I wanna find pics, but can't because I don't know Korean.
>>
>>6170745
I watched this on a small tablet, not even fullscreen, sound muted just lyric captions and scrolling through it not watching the video in full, not because I did it in advance but just cause thats how lazy I was but it was still hard to watch, and not really because of the money lost it represents, its just very unsettling desu
>>
>>6197358
Step 1: Have good dolls
Step 2: Don't have ugly dolls
>>
File: JDuinWf8HjLYSGNvVm3AJjf16al45M.jpg (86KB, 678x1043px) Image search: [Google]
JDuinWf8HjLYSGNvVm3AJjf16al45M.jpg
86KB, 678x1043px
>>6197358
Looked up a few.

Hat is key.
On top of that people usually go for poofy dresses with skirts, lots of layers, striped socks, buckled shoes.
You can either go for "cutesie" or "earthy" looks, both works, depends if you want more "anime witch" or "western witch".
Accessoires (a broom, the mentioned hat, witchy tools etc.) help too.
>>
File: ria-witch.jpg (212KB, 640x961px) Image search: [Google]
ria-witch.jpg
212KB, 640x961px
>>6198038
>>
File: 684348674867.png (1MB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
684348674867.png
1MB, 700x875px
>>6198047
>>
File: 15369681630_76edd9e2e3_b.jpg (106KB, 1000x633px) Image search: [Google]
15369681630_76edd9e2e3_b.jpg
106KB, 1000x633px
>>6198074
>>
File: tumblr_ojrukkAVuq1tr73kgo5_540.jpg (258KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojrukkAVuq1tr73kgo5_540.jpg
258KB, 540x810px
>>6198078
>>
File: item_img18699_10.jpg (565KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
item_img18699_10.jpg
565KB, 700x1050px
>>6198086
>>
File: 31471246803_e22cd7851d_o.jpg (430KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
31471246803_e22cd7851d_o.jpg
430KB, 700x1050px
>>6198088
Old witch for a change
>>
File: 14314333813_c183656e91_o.jpg (1MB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
14314333813_c183656e91_o.jpg
1MB, 2000x1339px
>>6198095
>>
File: 15640860731_51e4978342_o.jpg (1MB, 1500x1442px) Image search: [Google]
15640860731_51e4978342_o.jpg
1MB, 1500x1442px
>>6198104
>>
File: 53413545341.png (1MB, 993x668px) Image search: [Google]
53413545341.png
1MB, 993x668px
>>6198110
That's it for now.

I think you can pretty much every doll look like a witch, the overall vibe (through the mentioned accessoires) is more important than the outfit itself.
>>
>>6198095
Baba Yaga???
>>
If anyone took part in the international Volks lottery for Jo and Lorina, did you happen to get a notice yet?
>>
File: 31404683216_86727b6882_o.jpg (359KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
31404683216_86727b6882_o.jpg
359KB, 700x1050px
>>6198305
They said in their post that they indeed would like a Baba Yaga outfit for their doll, but else she's just a regular laughing granny witch.
>>
>>6198795
Someone I know got the Lorina and had to sell it to someone else in our community. So I'd say yes.
>>
>>6199384
>>6198113
>>6198110
>>6198104
>>6198095
>>6198088
>>6198086
>>6198078
>>6198074
>>6198047
>>6198038
These are great! Thank you anons!
The hat is actually what started it. I found a cute little witch hat at Micheal's and then decided I needed to make an outfit to match.
>>
>>6200160
No problem, glad to help!
Good luck in making your own little witch.
On another sidenote, anybody got an idea for a slim, smooth 70cm male body?
My current choice is the old Dollshe Hound body, but it's a fucking pest to handle and I would need to get him second hand.
But every other body is either ripped, too thick or only slim in a DC anorexic way.
I just want that scrawny, slouchy, smooth Hound look without all the issues that body comes with.
>>
File: eyesore.jpg (110KB, 600x1404px) Image search: [Google]
eyesore.jpg
110KB, 600x1404px
>>6200308
How about the mirodoll body? Best bod in the market. ;)
>>
>>6200878
Why does it look like the body has a female chest?

But urgh, before a Mirodoll body enters this household I rather carve a body myself out of a bunch of potatoes.
>>
File: 082035000036.jpg (149KB, 600x1435px) Image search: [Google]
082035000036.jpg
149KB, 600x1435px
>>6200308
I was able to place an order in the "OMG LAST TIME I SWEAR GUYS" sale from Dollshe last September. (Still not here yet, btw-- which is expected.)

The other options I looked at was a Soom Mecha Angel body (discontinued, hard to get, expensive secondhand, some potatoness), Dollmore Model body (probably potato-- I have not handled one), and a Super Senior Delf body (too ripped, so I understand the pain).
>>
File: 20160118183139920.jpg (218KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
20160118183139920.jpg
218KB, 550x825px
>>6202241
I went through that bullshit twice (the first two OMG I SWEAR FOR REAL, LAST TIME YOU CAN GET THOSE-sales in 2010/11).
First time I waited a year, second ten months.
Didn't buy a body in the last sale cause I wanted to finish this doll before 2023.

Also through the years I got so fed up with Mr. Dollshe, that I decided to not give him any money anymore.
It got clear throughout the years that he's not just the cray cray artist we always thought he is, he's doing all that bullshit because he knows people buy into it.

>Mecha Angel
Friend of mine has one, pain in the ass and he's 80cm (too big)
>Dollmore Model
Posing is really shit, and only has single joint legs.
Also want a body with chest and hip joint.
>Super Senior Delf
Had one, really is too ripped. Way too ripped.

Back in ye olde days I had the slim DZ 72cm body, but that body is so fucking ugly and difficult to handle, I was glad when mine was finally sold. And he still had that weird bubbly six pack.

Something like pic related, just with an additional hip joint and in 70cm would be great.
His teen version is on a Volks SD10 body, I just want that same feeling in 70cm for his adult version.
>>
Bless this thread. I've thought about getting into BJDs for years now, but every time I've tried to research it, I get fucking overwhelmed by the horrible websites and clucky in-fighting.

Thank you to the anons who condense all of the relevant info in these threads, because you are fucking rockstars.
>>
File: 20140109072317cont2.jpg (699KB, 600x1810px) Image search: [Google]
20140109072317cont2.jpg
699KB, 600x1810px
>>6202473
I'm not sure if I'm any help here. Don't know if it's considered fugly by your standards or not but how about the Sadol Star body?
>>
>>6176703
>>6177233
>>6177429
Amazing job.
>>
>>6197358
I had a few but 4chan bein a shit and not letting me post them. Outfit wise, it seems like there's three choices. The anime kawaii witch, the mori/strega fashion witch, or the medieval old folklore witch. I personally lean towards the modern strega fashion and have a doll who wears it, and looking up ideas on fashion sites and Pinterest has actually helped nail it down pretty well.
>>
>>6203177

I'm having trouble posting images right now also so it's not just you.
>>
>>6202807
Totally forgot that Sadoll offers dolls too!

The overall look would be okay actually.
I always thought he semed a little too thin, but I just checked the Hound's measurements and they are pretty close.
Neck circumference should work for the Lazuli too.

Thanks anon, I will look into this. No clue how their skintones are, I saw them at LDoll but I was more interested in their clothes.
>>
>>6203677
Glad to have helped. I've purchased a hound sized suit set from them and on the packaging it was labeled star70/hound which seemed to imply they are pretty much the same size.
I hope everything works out well for you in the end.
>>
>>6203694
I only had their SD17 sized outfits so far (and the odd bigger pieces here and there).

As said, the measurements are really close. He always seemed a lot thinner to me on pictures.
Now if Sadol would sell them on their own (at least they offer nice jointed hands for the body).

There is one on DoA that would be perfect (price, location), but it has a crack.
And finding Sadol skinmatches seems to be difficult.
>>
>>6203177
Thanks anon!
What are your search terms on pinterest? Every time I try to search for doll stuff on there I just get crap.
>>
>>6178054
Not good
>>
Does AmiAmi restock Obitsu 11 cm bodies?
>>
>>6205397
I'd say so, I've got them from there often off and on over the past couple years.
>>
Does anyone here use Testor's Dullcote?

Planning on redoing a faceup while the weather is 'okay' here in Georgia. I haven't touched my bottle of MSC in a year so I'm a little worried that it might not work as well. My husband has Testors dullcote 1260 though for his models and I was wondering how it was a good replacement.
>>
A magnet popped out of my doll's head. What type of glue is best to reattach it?
>>
>>6208119
Don't it is liable to stay tacky and more often than not, yellow very fast.
>>
>>6189300
>>6192021
I was under the impression this was done everywhere, since many aerosol cans in the US include a tiny blurb at the bottom of the label about emptying the can before putting in the trash. If a pressurized can is put into a compactor it can explode.
>>
>>6203763
well I've amassed a lot of stuff to where it p much just feeds me new links. But I've found its best to get very specific on there. Instead of searching "bjd' look specifically for Minifee, Iplehouse, Doll Chateau etc. Or for just the clothing styles, "strega fashion dress/tights/jewelry" just keep throwing words in there. Also once you find someone with a good pin, scroll down and find the rest of theirs in that category cus generally they'll have a lot of any given thing.

I've also seen a lot of very cute polymer clay witches on there that you could get inspiration from.
>>
>>6208506
I think superglue is the standard. White glue isn't gonna hold it.
>>
>>6208119
It's okay for temporary stuff. I used it when I was first starting out. It does attract dirt badly and yellow after a while.

>>6208506
Seconding super glue. Just make sure you glue it in correctly or you'll have a bad time. I usually put a sharpie mark on the side that is facing out so I don't glue them in the wrong way.
>>
>>6208981
Thanks anon! I actually have my doll board as a hidden board since my sister inlaw is friends with me on here. That is probably why bjd related stuff doesn't show up on my dashboard.
>>
>>6208650
>>6209813
Thanks! I'll probably hold off. I was planning to start sealing my head today, but then it started raining. The weather in Georgia can be awful. I might just save up and get an airbrush. My husband wants one too for models so maybe I can persuade him to get us one with our tax refund.
>>
I'm getting my first Dal in a few days and I'm really excited. I'll take pics when she comes.
>>
So Culurs dolls on sale.
Anyone here going to be getting one?
>>
>>6210990
Nope. Fucc dat ho and her fugly doll. The hip region looks like she's sporting some adult diaper.
>>
>>6211015
i wish more dolls were wearing AB stuff
>>
>>6211015
I thought I was the only one who thought this LOL
Obviously I'm not getting. Culur is a scamming bitch and her doll is a blatant rip off Frankenstein not to mention totally unfinished.
But I'm totally curious if anyone here feels otherwise.
>>6211017
Go back to /d.
>>
>>6211027
joke's on you i can be on as many boards as i want at the same time
>>
>>6211029
This isn't a thread for alternative fetishes, so keep it in the right place. /d/uh.
>>
>>6210990
the body has a cute shape imo but it also looks like shes using awful bean joints in the knees. its even rolling around in one of the pictures...
i cant say i like the doll enough to consider buying one though

but i will never support culur even if she did manage to sculpt a doll i was in love with
>>
>>6211084
I never even noticed the joint doesn't sit properly o my gosh
>>
>>6210990
The arms are too short and the shoulders a tad too narrow for me. That is all I can see when I look at it.
>>
>>6211084
I don't know anything much about her and what she's going to do with it, but is she planning on showing a properly coloured one before letting people buy it? It seems awfully unfinished as-is.
>>
>>6212478
looks like preorders closed and she is sending everything off to the caster this week.
so, no.

>>6211155
might mean some nice standing issues
>>
>>6211550
The arms are too short because "That's who Ery is, please accept her the way she is." It's obviously intentional and not at all her mis-calculating.

>>6212702
Can't wait to see them cast, and all the issues that come with that
>>
To be fair lillycat's first doll bodies can't pose for shit and nobody really complains about that. Actually a lot of French artists doll bodies don't pose well. Dust of Doll bjds have absolutely shit hop joints.
>>
>>6201489
>Why does it look like the body has a female chest

Because Miro was too cheap to buy two 70cm bodies to recast, so they made their male and female bodies out of a modified Dollstown 18 female.
>>
>>6212922

So Is the general consensus that mirodoll has usurped resisoul for worst cheap doll company? Cause resinsoul is ugly but not mirodoll ugly.
>>
>>6213387
Well actually, Bobobie was the worst company, Resinsoul just happened to be heavily associated with Bobobie, but their sculpts never looked quite as shitty as Bobobie.

Mirodoll and Bobobie are same shit tier but Mirodoll has more ugly shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nbika5RQMb1sv62r3o1_500.jpg (83KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbika5RQMb1sv62r3o1_500.jpg
83KB, 500x654px
>>6212922
I still remember the modded dollstown speculations. I think it's so obvious they used the dollstown body and yet I don't understand how DoA allows them to advertise on their website. Did they even do a proper investigation on the matter?

>>6213387
Honestly, I think Resinsoul is way better than mirodoll. Their head sculpts are terrible but some of their bodies are not bad especially for the price. My fav out of their entire collection would be 68cm girl body and the 1/4 boy bodies and the 1/6 boy body is pretty cute. I've recently seen more pictures of the 72 cm and it's not that bad either. They obviously look like they're trying to improve (although still not very good at all) in their sculpting and catering to their customer's requests unlike mirodoll who is stuck in the same garbage with nonfunctional joints.
>>
>>6213528
i used to own a bobobie and i won a mirodoll and I completely disagree
my bobobie could at least stand sometimes
the mirodoll is just 100% trash. joints are trash. sculpting is trash.
i actually threw the doll somewhere in my room and use her box for my dollfie dream because she isnt worth more than her box to me
>>
>>6211027
I think she's sorta cute, but I doubt I'll get one.
I guess my standards are sorta low because we went through our commentary on the whole Kayke's Coffee disaster. I am very curious to see what Culur's doll looks like next to other dolls with that aesthetic (lillycat, etc.)

>>6212823
Can confirm, having a lillycat doll myself. Sueding is almost necessary for the legs to not do this random 180.

>>6213387
Yeah, pretty much. I hear Miro's customer service is very miss, while Resinsoul is probably the best CS in the whole hobby. I think RS is at least listening to some of their crazy customers' ideas, like with the transparent centaurs and stuff.
>>
File: 26721117904_a8be9648ea_o.jpg (100KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
26721117904_a8be9648ea_o.jpg
100KB, 1080x720px
Oh hey, got an e-mail from Circlly (Lolitas are familiar with LaceMarket, which is now run by them) that they have their own BJD MP.

Not sure how well it'll catch on, but bjd.circlly.com
>>
>>6214021
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I've had mixed results with the lolita stuff because there are a lot of bat-shit insane lolitas trying to buy and sell, and I assume there are just as many crazy doll collectors.
>>
>>6211084
>>6210990
I considered it but I'm not sure. I love the overall shape of the body and especially the legs, but her stomach just looks weird to me. It reminds me of some porn where the stomach of younger girls is kind of "bloated". It's just so ugly and weird, I could never imagine putting her in something with a mid drift. I hate the sharp hips too, and the weird shape of her feet. And the fact her ass crack is just a line and doesn't really have any shape to it... if she was trying to make the doll look "thick" why not spend time on giving it a shapely ass?

If these issues weren't there I'd buy it but it's just too off putting.
>>
>>6214021

I was a little excited until they said their following denofangels rules. What's the fucking point? I want a place to be able to sell the big hujoo dolls made of abs and the new vinyl grenado boy. If I want to follow DoA rules I'll just sell on DoA.
>>
File: tumblr_olk2uvuG7h1vb4dvco1_540.jpg (131KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olk2uvuG7h1vb4dvco1_540.jpg
131KB, 538x810px
>>6215273
Yeah, I kind of agree they should at least open up to vinyl, ABS, porcelain, and bisque dolls too.

My only reservation with vinyl is you know some poorfag will try to sell their MHs on there. There's already a big problem with people selling random unrelated shit on Lace Market.
>>
>>6213531
iirc Dollstown themselves told people who contacted them that in their opinion it was not a copy and to not bother Miro about it, so the hubbub died down bc well, if the original sculptor says it's not a copy then what can ya do.

I still wonder if they said that just to avoid headache/drama and because they felt this noodly mess was unlikely to appeal to or siphon from their customer base.
>>
anybody have any good faceup videos they like?
>>
How are Miruya wigs? Promo photos look great, but then again which ones don't, and for ~4k yennies getting a shit wig would be annoying.
>>
>>6217261
eh, I went ahead and ordered one, if it's bad at least you will be able to make fun of me
>>
File: C0094075-Rickets-SPL.jpg (45KB, 428x530px) Image search: [Google]
C0094075-Rickets-SPL.jpg
45KB, 428x530px
>>6211084
holy shit that case of rickets though

is that considered cute?
>>
>>6217360
The people in this hobby aren't known for having good taste ya know.
>>
>>6208119
I've used dullcote here in savannah when the humidity is 60-70 and it sets alright. I know people say it yellows badly but I really like the "tooth" it gives before I apply a faceup.
>>
File: 1475607609641.gif (4MB, 280x310px) Image search: [Google]
1475607609641.gif
4MB, 280x310px
>>6211084
Man, there are slight mistakes/bad choices in literally every part of this body and it trashes the whole appeal (and I say this as a fan of this Wakfu-ish aesthetic).
>face
ok maybe some people are into that, I won't judge
>upper torso
low-detail, too disproportionate to the rest, shit blocky shoulders, arms too short, the back is a joke (and does that torso joint even work? Shouldn't it have more overlap on top?)
>lower torso
no ribcage, forms too blocky, ineptly sculpted belly (calls to mind a starving African child t b h), wtf is this pitiful attempt at "vagina bones"
>hips
too short, stiff, wrong shape, humongous (misaligned?) joints, knees where
and that's not an ass I can admire or even look at with approval
>calves
yeah it's rickets all right, ankles with no details (and they're too thin to look good with huge hips)
>""""feet""""
literally blocks with a few cuts for "fingers", fucking cheap barbie feet look better.
>>
File: 1480908357722.jpg (6KB, 180x157px) Image search: [Google]
1480908357722.jpg
6KB, 180x157px
>>6211084
Dem legs
>>
File: 20170301_183226.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_183226.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Update on my Mabi boy >>6190884

Got the Purethane Neemo clothes in, and they fit him pretty decently! Just slightly too large, but I can't complain considering the obscurity of the doll.

I'm pretty happy with the result.
>apologies about phone resolution
>>
>>6218167
Wow, sorry, my phone butchered that post pretty hard. Meant to say Pure Neemo clothes, and it rotated the pic, a+.
>>
>>6218167
Your doll looks very handsome, anon! If the fit is bothering you, you could always tailor it to the proper size. I personally don't see anything too off except for the fit of the vest, and even that could probably be fixed just by adjusting the way it's sitting on your doll. Glad the advice worked out!
>>
>>6218167
Very handsome and cute anon.
>>
File: 11AzAd.jpg (384KB, 500x1331px) Image search: [Google]
11AzAd.jpg
384KB, 500x1331px
Do anons' opinions of Mirodoll apply to the new bodies? because they look pretty good. This 61cm body for $130? I'm willing to take a risk even if it does have blocky hands.
>>
>>6211084
Top and bottom look like they belong to two different dolls.
>>
>>6218252
If that's pretty good for you I don't want to know what's bad (or great).

That there is roughly AOD level...better than old Miro, but still not good.
>>
>>6219035
I'm sorry?
>>
>>6219035
For $130 and it not being a recast I'd say that's good considering the abominations that Mirodoll and Bobobie still have available.

If you can find another $130 61cm BJD body that looks better than go ahead.

But I think>>6218891 should go get it if that's your budget and you dont support recasts.
>>
>>6219115
Don't be.
It's just that this there really is not pretty good. It's still pretty meh and I have doubts that the chest joint works properly when set so low.

However, in case of Miro I believe it's just better not to waste any money on them.
Too many locals bought their bodies just to avoid having a rolling head and ended up being so frustrated with them that they tried to get rid of those fugly, impossible to pose bodies as soon as possible.
Their customer service is shit too (watched some group orders, shit was messy).
If you want to go for that body, you should wait for some owner pictures and reviews.
And please avoid recasts at all costs, they really aren't worth it.

>>6219194
If the base line is really just "my doll has a body" and "for less than 150", the body is okay.
It still doesn't make it a good body though.
As said, it's better than old Miro but still just AOD level.

I personally always preferred to wait longer and don't buy shit bodies just to avoid a rolling head.
Those 130$ you pay for that thing are 130$ taken from your funds to get a nice body.

I still wish for the day we get truly gorgeous bodies for that money, but that won't happen. Proper sculpting wants to be paid for.
>>
>>6219237
>It's just that this there really is not pretty good
I just said anon's doll looked cute in his new clothing. I have no idea what you're talking about anon.
>>
>>6219243
I'm sorry, quoted the wrong post.
Quote was meant for >>6218891
>>
>>6219273
Oh gosh anon, you're fine.
Sorry for not realising sooner.
>>
File: 52453486734.jpg (132KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
52453486734.jpg
132KB, 1024x682px
>>6219280
All cool, take this cutie
>>
File: 33060335352_97e076a999_o.jpg (67KB, 238x558px) Image search: [Google]
33060335352_97e076a999_o.jpg
67KB, 238x558px
Jesus christ. Someone on DoA posted a photo of their couple which is a realistic Iple guy and the most bug-eyed Bobobie girl possible. I really wish the picture were bigger to enjoy the goofiness in detail.
>>
>>6220277
The dude's hair triggers me. How does anyone think that looks remotely good?
>>
>>6220277
Her eyes are larger than his mouth.
>>
>>6220277
>"Iplehouse" doll with no shoes, shit outfit, faceup, and wig, paired with a Bobobie

Totally not a recast.
>>
>>6221563
Don't be silly anon, some people have morals but no taste.
>all my dolls looked like that when I was 12, too
>>
Hey all
I'm moving for a few years and don't want to bring ALL of my dolls with me.
I have all their boxes so that's where they'll be stored, but other than that, are there any considerations I should take? Like in regards to temperature, humidity? Other things I might not have considered?
>>
>>6222090
Humidity won't be great for the strings or metal parts, but heat is probably gonna be the the main danger. High temps cause plastics to age faster. Not sure if you'd see yellowing but it could cause brittleness over time and it would likely result in the faceup getting gummy. I've personally seen an extreme case of a doll left in a car for just an hour on a summer day and it had warping, discoloration, and the silicone eyes melted. But again that's an extreme, don't leave the doll in a car, a shed, or the attic and it shouldn't be getting that hot.

Personally I'd strip them, take out the eyes, wrap and box the doll, put all the accessories (clothes wigs eyes etc) in something airtight like a freezer bag or plastic container, and maybe wrap the doll boxes with plastic too if you really wanna be sure to keep out any moisture. Keep them somewhere climate controlled (most storage places are now, if you don't have a relative or friend to stash them with) and they should be fine.
>>
>>6220277
The girl looks so uncomfortable. "Who is this guy help"
>>
File: DSCF6760.jpg (267KB, 1110x712px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6760.jpg
267KB, 1110x712px
>>6220277
Get on my level...
>>
>>6222090
This might not be possible, but it's what I did. Do you have a friend who can keep your dolls for you? I paid one of my friends about half of what I would have paid for my storage to rent out one of the closets she wasn't even using as my doll storage for five years. I got to know that my dolls were safe and sound and wouldn't be subject to burning storage temperatures. My friend got to make money off of what was unused space for her. Win win.
>>
>>6222173
>>6222939
Thanks for the tips, the ones I'm storing are currently unpainted so that shouldn't be an issue.
And I'm going with a friend, so I'll be storing my stuff in her room in her families house, so I don't have to worry TOO much. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I was forgetting.
>>
>>6222487
>pairing vinyl with resin

abomination.
>>
>>6222487
>how do I shoot bullet
>>
>>6224249
>gun is jammed
>>
>>6222487

wow alna you slut
>>
Time for spooky story time. For some reason I've been finding black pen marks on two of my dolls. One on the thighs the other one on the finger. I have no idea why this crap is happening but it's stressing me the hell out.
Thank God for acetone and magic eraser...
>>
File: SiO2 Lipstick.jpg (458KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
SiO2 Lipstick.jpg
458KB, 600x768px
Well shit. New Sio2 Lipstick. I still prefer Ragdoll, but this one's cute too.

>>6224791
Are you handling your dolls at all? Sometimes when you wear nail polish it can transfer marks to the doll and it's super frustrating.
>>
>>6222487
...I like them, though. Just looks like one of the many anime where the girls are more stylized than the guy. (Helps that you have well-dressed, non-scuzzy dolls, so my mind goes and rationalizes the style difference rather than throwing its proverbial hands in the air and going 'well that looks ridiculous'.)

>>6224750
delet
>>
>>6221563
>>6222005
Yep. Like, remember how goddamn ugly Toshirodragon's akando was? Recasts didn't exist back then. Since the dawn of the hobby there have been ugly, half-dressed, shittily-wigged $600 dolls.
>>
>>6224967
>Toshirodragon
Man, whatever happened to them? Didn't they give their actual, human son yaoi manga to read?
>>
File: wew.png (710KB, 594x673px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
710KB, 594x673px
>>6224911
Thanks for the help. I don't wear nail polish at all. The marks either look like smeared black pen ink or concentrated black dots. I thought once maybe it could be the pen stains from my own fingers rubbing off on the resin but I always make sure to completely scrub my hands before touching my dolls. So i'm not sure exactly what's the matter here.
>>
>>6177487
Jesus Christ
I thought it looked familiar when I saw it on my feed
I follow the person who bought that head for 900$
>>
>>6225074
>$avage
lol i forgot about her, weren't she and her sister (the other $omething username) both kinda loony?
As for your issue, it really could be anything, possibly some kind of dust or dirt that got onto the clothes and then transferred to the doll.
>>
>>6225201
I've paid not too far off of that for a DD head before and would again if the right one showed up but for some reason I wouldn't be able to convince myself to pay that much for one of the standard heads, no matter how pretty or cute.
>>
File: 20170305_233102.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_233102.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Finally have an ok camera so I can post my babbers Lucy
>>
>>6225398
Now learn to resize your pictures.
No need for 3MB+ and 3000x4000 online.
>>
>>6225074
>>6225291
$avage still fucking exists and she is still buying expensive ass dolls and is still ruining them. its horrible.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>6225598
>>6225598
>>6225598
NEW THREAD
>>
>>6224791
If my dolls sit directly on my desk they get black smudges from it. My desk is black and made of black plastic on top of a partical board (i.e. its from walmart). I always put some fabric or my cutting mat down when I want to pose them on my desk. Magic eraser gets the smudges off though so I'm not super concerned.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.