[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Toys Bootlegs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: PD1374742739f6p.jpg (97KB, 894x1311px) Image search: [Google]
PD1374742739f6p.jpg
97KB, 894x1311px
So my gf wants a Hot Toys Crow figure. She found one online but it's suspicously cheap and coming from china. My assumption is that it's a bootleg.

My question to you guys though, is how bad/good are Hot Toys knockoffs and what can you tell me about them?
>>
>>6169448
Sculpting wise they are the same, paint application could be sloppy and the material used for the clothes could be shitty, otherwise they are sometimes just as good as the legit thing.
>>
Don't all Hot Toys come from China? The company is based in Hong Kong and their manufacturing is done on the mainland.
>>
Are you talking about the $37 ones on ebay? The Crow wasn't a hot seller but I wouldn't expect a legit one to run less than $150. Most Hot Toys bootlegs are pretty shit. It's not like most toy bootlegs where they can just crank out midnight special runs using existing stolen moulds. There's a lot of intricate sewing, painting, etc. that let's them justify the cost of the originals.

Just buy her a legit one. Valentine's Day is next week.
>>
http://www.faithz.com/hot-toys-c-342.html

try here. it's not a knock off site and it's reliable
>>
>>6169961
>There's a lot of intricate sewing, painting, etc. that let's them justify the cost of the originals.

>1:6 collectors actually say this to justify their $300-priced $30 toys.
>>
>>6169961
She was getting one for herself and it was running for like 60.
>>
>>6169448
Mattel must really be stepping it up with their WWE figures, that's the best Sting I've seen yet
>>
>>6170806
OP here. It's funny. When I was a kid I knew who Sting was because my little brother was obsessed with WWE. Then I saw The Croa on cable one night and thought that Sting got his own movie or some shit.
>>
>>6170809

>You're old enough to remember Sting's old persona, the one where he was a cheap rip-off of Ultimate Warrior.
>You are now imagining how the Crow would have turned out had Brandon Lee dressed liked like old school Sting.
>You realize that this event somehow happened in the Bearstein Bear Universe and Brandon Lee is still alive, making kick-ass movies.

T-thanks, OP.
>>
File: bladerunners.jpg (21KB, 318x300px) Image search: [Google]
bladerunners.jpg
21KB, 318x300px
>>6170823
>Sting's old persona, the one where he was a cheap rip-off of Ultimate Warrior

Sting and Warrior started as a tag team called the Blade Runners, they both started wearing face paint at the same time.
>>
>>6170885
Huh. Neat.
>>
>>6169985
>Nendoroid
>Over $300 for some
Is that in Hong Kong Dollars?
>>
>>6170885
>when your boyfriend cums his black load
>>
Anybody have the bootleg Robocop?
There are no clothes to fuck up so they can't have messed that one up too badly right?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.