[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling my collection, what do with boxed figures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: merp.jpg (3MB, 5129x2615px) Image search: [Google]
merp.jpg
3MB, 5129x2615px
Hey /toy/, I'm slowly selling my Star Wars (and practically everything else) collection. Most of my unboxed stuff in already listed on ebay and ready to go.

But my problem lies on the the other half of my collection, the shit still in boxes. I have maybe 60+ figures still in box, none too impressive, clone wars, power, vintage collection, etc. Shipping individually is fucking dumb, but the shipping cost for them as a lot with how much they weigh is upwards of $100 if someone's on the opposite coast. Should I look to sell on Craigslist or letgo?

Also, for shipping in box figures, are protective cases expected, or is bubblewrap with air inserts considered enough?

I would sell to the local stores here, but the ones who deal in this shit are shady, general low-lifes, while selling on other places I have hope it's going to an actual collector, not some price gouging asshole.

>pic related, roughly 1/8 of what I have to clear out.
>>
donate your shitty walmart toys to goodwill
>>
>>6165275
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>6165277
Damn, sorry to offend.
>>
>>6165283

To be fair, he's really not lying though.

I hope you're sitting down for this one, but Modern Star Wars toys are practically worthless. Basically, anything from the old 90's Power of the Force up to the modern stuff.

You might, no joke, get a dollar or two per figure at best. They just don't really sell. Your best bet is just cut your losses, and maybe put them up on Craigslist.

Maybe start at about 50% of what you paid retail for them, and hope you hook some sucker. If not, subtract about 10% every week, but frankly, you're really not going to get too terribly much.

Depending on whatever vintage ones you have (and we're ONLY talking about if you have 70s/early 80's ones being vintage. 90s figures aren't considered vintage) you might look a little deeper into those to see if you have anything worth a little more.
>>
>>6165315
Power of the Force is definitely worthless,
but if he has newer current stuff he can pretty much get back what he paid for them

but it seems like he's trying to sell in bulk
>>
>>6165278
this meme wasn't funny the first time, it's not funny now.
>>
Instead of selling all 60+ in one lot, break them up by line and sell those as lots.

Bubble Wrap with air inserts is enough.
>>
>>6165275
80's Kenner stuff sells well on Instagram.

I wouldn't use letgo. Scam sellers have ruined the goodwill of that place for both buyers and legit sellers.

Mercari would be another good place to list them, plus you don't have to pay any fees like you do with eBay.

So I'd say try Mercari and Instagram first before listing them on ePay and losing money to their fees.
>>
>>6165275
Just curious but why are you selling
>>
>>6165315
Actually a lot of the stuff from Legacy Collection, Vintage Collection, and even 3.75 Black Series has at the very least maintained value. Several figures from these lines can go for >$50. Not a huge jump from $10, but in the 5POA era SA figures are dearly missed by collectors.
>>
>>6165315
To say modern Star Wars figures are worth a dollar or two at best is just completely false.
>>
>>6165315
t. lowballer
>>
I guess you are US.
If some chance you are UK, then interested party here.
>>
>>6165275
Got any ewoks?
>>
>>6169058
It REALLY depends on what character it is. If it's the last good toy of an obscure character it might go for like $10-15, there's a 2004 IG-88 who routinely goes for $20 loose because he's the last good one. Hell, Vintage Collection Lando was going for like $30 before they rereleases him in Black Series last fall.
>>
If I were going to collect SW I'd go for 90s POTF2 for many of them since they're super cheap. I'd go later for some characters(no He-Man Luke) but I'd mainly keep my costs down.
>>
>>6170379
good figures of Waifu characters go for a lot too. Basically any Twi'lek female will get you enough profit to make up for some of your losses on other figures.
>>
>>6165275
Post pics of what you have and we can help you price them.
>>
Holy fuck! I thought this died a long time ago!

OP is here. Just got done packing up my sold battle packs and lots, mostly all my loose stuff is now gone, unless you want jetpack clonetroopers, senate guards, concept chewie and snowtrooper, random ships or some loose marvel universe figs.

>>6167035
20+ Vintage collection / EU figures (Nom Anor, deleted scenes luke, Cracken), Jorg Sacul, jedi temple guard, nearly every version of Boba Fett minus original and black series still in boxes, holo darth maul, trilogy lando, podracer pack, return of maul battle pack, durge and bike, concept snowtrooper, both versions of jodo kast, kenner eu leia Thrawn and mara jade. That's what's easily accessible. Oh, unleashed Assaj Ventress, mail away boba fett prototype and 6 inch stormtrooper, and concept boba,

>>6169432
Only loose, and of course, now I can't find the little bastard.
I'm starting to think maybe just lots of what they are, i.e. vintage collection lot, Boba Fett lot, eu lot, etc.

Consensus seems to be piecemeal them and save the headache. I've sold some loose things that needed larger boxes, and it seems to be a 2.5 pound cut off for rape prices. Now I just need to piece these out.

>>6172153
I'll try to get some tomorrow, I'll lay 'em out. Not so concerned with price, as much as I was just not losing money/ sales with high cost of shipping them.
>>
>>6165275
Have the buyer pay for shipping... You'd be surprised by how many autists are willing to buy from you if your base rate is lower than retailer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.