[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo Mattel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: fclqrswavjc7tid6nmah.png (593KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
fclqrswavjc7tid6nmah.png
593KB, 800x450px
Does anybody have any news on upcoming Halo Mattel figures?
>Pic related
>>
>>6163748
it's mattel, they don't really understand the benefits of a proper announcement of upcoming products and a time frame for when they come out. All I can tell you is wait for toy fair NY which is in the coming few weeks.

They will most likely give a showing of a lot of stuff they got coming out this year, so pray and hope the mattel booth/room/whatever gets a lot of easy to find coverage on the various blogs. Took me a LOT of searching to get some decent pictures of every single figure and item last year. Heck they showed off the working product of the energy sword at something like either e3 or comic con, but I didn't know until like a month after the fact. very few people had images of the display let alone any video.

And after all that, you wait and watch the stores. Sorry but Mattel won't give any indication of WHEN they will release their stuff, no preorders, nothing. Very very annoying how Mattel handles marketing, they just say they are making something, and then sell it without caring about anything else.
>>
>>6163748
>>6163781
It's true, people still have no idea Fred and Kelly are out
>>
>>6163748
I bought all of them hoping to use them as armored goons for my ML/DCUC capeshit but even though they were billed as 6inchers they really aren't and didn't scale at all so I returned them.
>>
>>6165937
They are 6 inchers though, they just are not 1/12 scale, they are more like 4-5 inch scale.
>>
I feel like I haven't heard anything about new Halo merch in a long while, mattel or not.
>>
>>6165950
That's the old McFarlane ones, the new Mattel ones are bigger
>>
>>6163748
Anyone know why the UK have a few of these in some places but only some boring captain guy... never seen a Master Chief.
>>
I really hope we here more come toyfair.
I don't ave Fred and Kelly yet but I really love the series so far.
>>
>>6166036
No, i am saying the SCALE fuxking retard. The mattell ones are six inchers, but they shpuld be 7 feet, not 6, so they are the scale of the doctor who or mc farlane humans, NOT MARVEL.
>>
Just so you know, most companies stop announcing new things in November, because they'er saving almost all new things for the New York Toy Fair.
>>
>>6166038
Thats because its cuck captial
>>
>>6166161
lol calm down nerd
>>
> mcfarlane
> pak
> mattel

What is this curse of shitty companies jesus
>>
File: 320x240.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
320x240.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>6166533
>nerd
You're one to talk faggot.
>>
>>6163781
>>6163813
The fact that they threw Fred and Kelly into an existing wave instead of using them to pad out a new wave makes me worry the line is dead and they just wanted to get some use out of the tooling they'd already done..
>>
>>6166863
wow. you sure showed him
>>
>>6166867
>makes me worry the line is dead
Anon it's been only one wave. I have never seen a line die that had actually made it to retail before two waves of figures.
It's probably just padding so they didn't have to throw them in wave 2. Maybe finish out Locke's team or something.
Though considering it's Mattel and all I can see why you'd think that given how shit they are, outside of this line.
>>
File: halo review.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
halo review.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>6167043
>given how shit they are, outside of this line.
But they're shit within the line too.

They're one of those lines that look worse in person.

Given how poorly they've sold in all my local stores, i wouldn't be surprised that the line is cancelled, ie not mentioned at Toy Fair.
It's nothing but a pegwarmer line during the holiday. This and the Warhammer stuff never disappeared during that time. Even McFarlane's McStatues disappeared for a time.
>>
Will they break into thousands of pieces after 2 weeks like the mcfarlane spawn figs?
>>
File: mad.jpg (31KB, 481x347px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
31KB, 481x347px
>>6167036
and struck a nerve in you
>>
>>6168412
You do know the figures in your image are not from the 6" line right?
>>
The 6" line is just as bad. They're marketed as "collectors toys" and priced as such but they're pretty lousy quality with minimal paint and poorly implemented armor bits that pop-off if you touch them.The Ghosts were $7 on Amazon and I bought a few for my nephews but they almost immediately discarded the armor and then the figures and just played with the vehicles.
>>
>>6166857
>shitty companies
>McFarlane

Look I know the last few waves were so bad that the Mattel ones actually look amazing in comparison, but McFarlane was definitely not 'shitty' tier during their height. Especially when compared to their price, they were above the typical standards for a figure of that price.

But their scale was definitely way too weird of an in between of 1/18 and 1/12
>>
>>6163813
>>6166867
And did you know that for their BoomCo line they suddenly threw in some random gun that I never even saw at any display or even that lineup of products they posted back before the previous toy fair? Granted it was a very uninspiring choice that makes no sense as a gun, the air strike target marker, but still. Just started selling something without any care about telling people before hand.

Mattel is selling a big franchise line that would really benefit from understanding that they could have decent steady sales from the collectors, but they just don't care. They are treating the collector market like a kids market, kinds being ones whose purchases are made more on a whim then an actual plan and budget.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.