[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street Fighter Thread: Who's Next? Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

The figure set includes:
3 x Interchangeable Head Sculpts
5 x Pairs of Interchangeable Palms
2 x Cyclone Lariat Effect
1 x Stand with Street Fighter V Logo

Estimated release date : 2017 Q3
>>
>>6163071

Why is his chest so narrow

This figure looks 90% perfect and then that part looks all fucked up

It looks like they sculpted him with a much wider chest and then somehow it got screwed up in the process of implementing the shoulder joints or something. It looks so weird that his shoulders are as huge as they are without a wider rest of the upper torso
>>
>>6163071
I've heard reviewers mentioning that Ryu's Gi and some parts of his body are made of rubber, is this true?
>>
>>6163086

I doubt that they're literally rubber but they have a rubbery texture
>>
File: zangiefcomparison.jpg (136KB, 829x630px) Image search: [Google]
zangiefcomparison.jpg
136KB, 829x630px
>>6163071
$90 price tag on storm's official webstore. Not bad actually, was expecting more around $100.
Also need to check out Storm Collectible's facebook page for many more pictures.

>>6163074
>Why is his chest so narrow
Eh, his upper torso was never that much wider compared to his lower torso:
>http://www.comboinfinito.com.br/principal/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/zangief-street-fighter-5.jpg
Besides, if his chest was wider, how would he be able to pull off any punching poses?

First thing I noticed with the figure was that the nipples are spaced kind of too far apart, but looking at the other pics it looks like the 2 smaller pieces between the pecs and the shoulders are there to give illusion that it's where the pecs continue.
In more dynamic pics where his shoulders are brought backwards or forwards, it isn't as noticeable.

Overall I think he looks great, not sure we'd ever get a figure as good looking and as poseable as this one. If Bandai makes an SHF Zangief it'll have way more gaps between the parts.

>>6163086
The only part made of rubber is Ryu's neck. The gi is made of soft PVC I think.
>>
>>6163074
I agree, they really fucked up his chest. Looking at this: >>6163097, they put the fucked up where they put the break for the joint too, it just looks retarded. They put it too far forward.
>>
The million dollar question is how tall is the figure?
>>
File: m1[1].jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
m1[1].jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>6163097
I wish figure manufacturers would avoid using rubber.
>>
File: 1485834413421[1].jpg (285KB, 963x613px) Image search: [Google]
1485834413421[1].jpg
285KB, 963x613px
Since this is a Street Fighter thread I'll post here the S.H> Figuarts poll/survey for the next character.

https://questant.jp/q/SHF_streetfighter

Voting will be up until February 06, 2017. I'm guessing Bandai will announce or show a prototype(most likely this) the winning character/top characters this coming Toy Fair.
>>
>>6163074
The butterfly joint is fucking with it and creating the illusion of a narrow chest because you aren't visually recognizing the joint as part of the chest. Also his nipples might be a slight bit far apart even if that's the official design and accurate to the game.

>>6163157
>I wish figure manufacturers would avoid using rubber.
It's all a crap shoot anyway because there is no realistic way of knowing how things will last over time other than to experiment. I do agree that the heavy use of soft rubbers and soft PVC on action figures is probably going to bite a lot of things in the ass over time. Especially if people have less than ideal storage conditions or even put their figures under heating/cooling vents that will age the figures rapidly.

At the end of the day...you should be buying most figures with the assumption they won't last more than a few years. If you don't feel the value is there for two years of display/posing then don't buy them. If they happen to last 5-10 or even 20 years then great but don't expect them to. Even harder plastics aren't immune to age related issues such as becoming brittle depending on the formulation of the plastic used.
>>
>>6163187

>The butterfly joint is fucking with it and creating the illusion of a narrow chest because you aren't visually recognizing the joint as part of the chest

This isn't wrong, but I also think it needs to be literally wider. Even if you photoshopped out the seam for the butterfly joint it would still look to me like his torso and arms are like done at two slightly different scales
>>
>>6163157
Ryu's rubber neck is a lot smaller than the amount Medicom uses for their RAH figures. Unless you rub the chin along the neck vigorously you'll be fine.

Also all these anons complaining about how the chest looks...I get where you're coming from but if they made the chest piece wider there wouldn't be as much range for articulation for shoulders.
We all know that if the arm articulation is shit then we'd all be complaining about it. Literally the only weird looking thing is the nipple placement, but it's accurate to the CG model, so...
I think it looks totally fine so I'll definitely be pre-ordering.
>>
File: stormzangief21.jpg (199KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
stormzangief21.jpg
199KB, 2048x1536px
>>6163112
They didn't put the exact height yet but here's a pic with Ryu. I'd say he'd ~1-1.5 inches taller.
>>
File: eddome002[1].jpg (745KB, 900x1032px) Image search: [Google]
eddome002[1].jpg
745KB, 900x1032px
>>6163522
The problem with rubber is that as it gets older, they shrink and dry so it will rot and crack over time even when left stationary/unposed. Transformer and Hot Toys collectors usually have these problems because of tires, parts of the body or accessory is made of it.

Here is a Hot Toys collector's Chris Redfield who he left unposed for a long time only to find out it crack over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4iEebTp5Pc
>>
>>6163160
Voted for Guile, but I'm down for everyone besides Necalli because he's fucking shit.

Why is Rashid on here? I thought they showed his figure off already.
>>
>>6163160
Voted Laura.

Because i like fast grapplers... and jesus christ she's hot.
>>
>>6163525
Jesus christ those bicep pieces are wide. They really should have given him a swivel in the elbows so it doesn't look like he had muscle flippers.
>>
>>6164542
If they ever do Necalli, I wonder how they'll handle his V-Trigger hair.
>>
>>6164542
They wanted to see if many wanted him, this is a good call for Bandai since Rashid will tank the line if they released him as a regular. It'll be much safer to just release him as an exclusive after the popular characters gets released.
>>
>>6163160
i voted for guile because my collection could at least use another alpha male in it. my collection is mostly girls
>>
>>6163071
>No green hand

DROPPED
>>
>>6169178
Just like SFV. :^)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.