[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fidget Cube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

File: Fidget-Cube-2.jpg (138KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fidget-Cube-2.jpg
138KB, 1000x600px
what is /toy/ opinion about this stuff?
recently bought a clone on ebay and it looks kinda cool...
>>
>>6163057
I chose to fund the kickstarter months ago and I just received it last week. Aside from it being a bit bulky to carry in my pocket, I really enjoy it
>>
>>6164729
Didn't the kickstarter guy get super butthurt that the Chinese pretty much cloned it and churned them out straight away while his Kickstarter was still ongoing?
>>
Does the fidget cube actually help you at all? I'm curious to get one as I do find myself often clicking pens/fiddling with my keys.
>>
>>6164730
Yup. I mean, wouldn't you?
Being a backer, I received an update email just about every week and I could read just how much they care about the project.
It was less "super butthurt" and more "I'ts come to our attention there are lots of fakes out there; heres an email to report frauds to".

>>6164735
It helps my hands stay busy and not constantly tap on everything. I still find myself jiggling my leg from time to time with it though
>>
>>6164744
I've noticed over the years that I tend to move my leg/foot a whole lot more. Drives my family nuts. Maybe I'll give one of these a look.
>>
>>6164771
I also bought some shitty spinner off eBay today, so I guess I'll see if that helps any better. There's something about a flat rectangular object that's easier to keep with me at all times than a somewhat bulky cube
>>
>>6163057
it's an expensive piece of shit for people who are REALLY so uncreative they can't even fidget by themselves with rubber bands, USB stick, pencil or whatever
>>
>>6164781
the clones are $4

>this is /toy/ where BST buyers expect 80% off retail

Forgot where I was.
>>
I liked that spinny metal one I saw by a knife maker once, looked really cool... any KOs of that wort of thing?
>>
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. I backed the Kickstarter because I'm constantly fucking with stuff on my desk at work and I anyways drop whatever I'm messing with constantly and it makes a loud bang and makes me self conscious in annoying people.
>>
I ordered the retro one from antsy after the Kickstarter ended. I've heard mixed reviews on them, a lot of people say they feel cheap. And apparently there's still thousands of backers waiting for their cube to be shipped.

Honestly, if I don't get mine by the end of the month I'm probably going to cancel my order and get a Chinese knock-off.
>>
The thing is so uncreative and plain, did China really KO anything? It's a gamepad analog stick, a light switch, and some buttons glued together. The thing doesn't warrant more than $4.
>>
>>6165040
The concept has also been around for ages as 'Mugen' products in Japan. Endless bubblewrap, endless banana peel, etc. They used to get posted here all the time.
>>
I got my KO today. Bought it from Amazon for $6 shipped and it took about 18 days to get here.
>>
>>6165092
For anyone who migh be interested in buying one, there are two different KO's. A high quality version, and a low quality version. It can be really hard to tell the two apart and a lot of sellers are using pics of the HQ to sell the LQ. I noticed the camo version was only available in the HQ though, I figured that was a relatively safe one to get.
>>
>>6165095
A few way of telling apart the HQ and LQ version:

The box on the HQ version is two halves, where as the LQ just has a flap on the top that you open.

The worry stone on the HQ has a much deeper impression.

Two of the button on the HQ are silent (no click).
>>
>>6164796
>BST sellers expect to resell their toys for a premium of 10% off retail price because they're hand picked
>make threads crying about how no one is buying crap they dont even want

That last thread was a real eye opener
>>
>>6164729
>Paying more than $3 for a autism cube
>>
File: Eni_mini_1a.png (92KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Eni_mini_1a.png
92KB, 500x500px
Im interested in it but I've yet to buy one. I'm super fidgety and if it was just a minor annoyance to others, I would be happy. But unfortantely its not, one of my worst habits is hair pulling (trichotillomania). It really damages my hair and makes it a sad mess, I have to restrain myself from giving myself bald spots on my head.

http://www.stimtastic.co/
Theres a couple things here that look interesting to me, even though they are for literal autists. Pic related looks fun. I also really like how those little bean/edamame clickers look.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>buying toys meant to be more than a toy
>A R T
>R
>T
>>
I want a Pepyakka Spinner, are there any KOs? because paying the $200 butt load for a mere spinny thing is stupid.
>>
>>6166331
>I'm too poor to buy from BST so I'll slam sellers

You''d probably file a scam Paypal claim anyway to get free shit
>>
>The feel having 3 of them in my hand @ $5/each 2 months before the kickstarter even ships

It's a good lesson for the creators, you move your ass on a good idea. I have zero sympathy.
>>
>>6168617
Did they put a patent on their idea? If not, they screwed up and it's their fault. And yes, i'm aware that a simple chinaman practically immune to American justice would consider such a petty document to mean no harm, but at least they could've shown some effort in stopping such an idea from being stolen in the first place.
>>
>>6165092

got a link to it?
>>
>>6163057
My roommate got one since he fidgets to the point of breaking things. He broke it.

He seriously breaks phones every few months, and its not like its an anger thing he will just start juggling or picking absently minded at stuff till it falls apart.
>>
File: IMG_8222.jpg (115KB, 550x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8222.jpg
115KB, 550x426px
>>6166370
holy shit, I never thought I'd find someone else with trich on /toy/ of all places. yeah, most of the fidget toys are geared towards autists. they do help though

The little edamame clicker is pretty great. My only complaint is I broke it pretty quick (the beans popped off), but I got it for $2 so I really can't complain.
>>
>>6173381
There's so many cases of chinks not caring about patents that your argument makes no sense. He should've had it made before announcing it, it's the only way to profit off of an original invention nowadays, unless it's something too complex for chinks to make instantly.
>>
>>6166370
>Theres a couple things here that look interesting to me, even though they are for literal autists

He said while being unable to resist pulling his hair like a literal autist.

Get yourself a hand spinner or some baoding balls.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yomaxer-Tri-Fidget-Hand-Spinner-Triangle-DIY-Puzzle-Finger-Toy-EDC-Focus-Toys-For-ADHD-Austim/32791019099.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Feng-Shui-Baoding-Chinese-Health-Exercise-Stress-Relief-Balls-4-8cm-F1108/32487523887.html
>>
>>6179293
I thought literal autists bought Hasbro?
>>
>>6179259
Link?
>>
>all of the impatient self-entitled comments on the kickstarter
>>
>>6179569
Yes, that is exactly how every Kickstarter is.
>>
>>6179550
honestly just google edamame fidget toy. lots of ebay and amazon shops have them.
>>
File: fingerbox-ay-o.jpg (56KB, 512x582px) Image search: [Google]
fingerbox-ay-o.jpg
56KB, 512x582px
>>
>>6164771
restless leg, I used to do that alot. I've noticed I dont do it as much now that I stopped drinking Mountain Dew
>>
>>6179655
I can't wait for the Christmas 2017 fingerboxes. Heard they are going to be pretty amazing.
>>
>>6179655
Fuck the normal site I get these from are sold out, where do you guys go to get them?
>>
>>6179655
>>6179685
I used to have a Candle Cove fingerbox when i was a kid. Fuck me, they're so expensive on ebay now
>>
>>6179655
w-what does it do?
>>
File: 123123123.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
I really want one of these, but I don't want to waste 20 bucks on a shitty one. I want to get the best one possible without spending too much. I love shit like this though, I have been looking for some shit to fuck with when I am on the phone at my desk at work.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>6181108
Was thinking about getting some of this too... anyone have suggestions for shit to fuck with while someone is on the phone?
>>
>>6166370
>>6179259
Fuck, randomly clicked on this thread until you guys reminded me that I'm a trich fag, too.
And nothing says unattractive like a beard bald spot. I will have to look into these.
>>
>>6181108
>>6181110
i have that exact one
its allright
get the full ceramic baring or buy one off ebay thats sealed and shit will spin for hours
>>
>>6181100
captures the imagination
>>
File: $_32.JPG?set_id=8800005007.jpg (91KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.JPG?set_id=8800005007.jpg
91KB, 1300x1300px
The only autismo toy you need and it only costs a dollar (even cheaper locally)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=arcade+microswitch&_sop=15
>>
>>6166370
This looks neat, but I can't find it on their website anymore.

Are there any other stim/fidget toys that non-autist can enjoy?
>>
>>6165100
just got a blue camo one turn up
doe the gear wheels click or are they supposed to just spin?
>>
>>6182066
It's really just a matter of preference. There's a lot of different types of fidget toys, and I guess it could be argued some are less autistic than others.

honestly though I buy them just the same. they help me focus so who gives a shit?
>>
>>6182228
I don't care if they were designed for special needs kids, I just want something to play with while I'm at my desk or watching tv.

But damn, those chewable necklaces on stimtastic.co are low functioning autism tier.
>>
>>6164730
i would wonder about your mental state if you weren't "butthurt" over it.
>>
Parents keep giving them to their ADHD kids around here. Not sure they do much but just distract more kids.
>>
speaking of spinners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHhgYq_GF8I&feature=youtu.be
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.