[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Third Party General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 100

File: C3p9BBsVUAAW84P.jpg (158KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C3p9BBsVUAAW84P.jpg
158KB, 1200x900px
Badcube should be ashamed edition

last thread >>6146157
>>
>>6161193
I still think their Brawn is the best on the market.

But yeah that Swerve sucks.
>>
File: opera_2017-02-02_09-53-34.png (26KB, 107x92px) Image search: [Google]
opera_2017-02-02_09-53-34.png
26KB, 107x92px
Why do so many toys have to scream now
>>
>>6161330

It saw it's own reflection, in this case.
>>
>>6161330
Also, why not a shit eating grin or smirk for swerve?
>>
>>6161193
i like the gears version of that mold
>>
>>6161193
I really don't get how anyone can defend this. there are a lot of people out there who insist BC is the best third party masterpiece company out there, but their designs are horribly misproportioned and hyper stylized. They're barely CHUGs, definitely not masterpiece.
>>
File: AwwYeahSon.jpg (895KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AwwYeahSon.jpg
895KB, 1600x1200px
Well, it's in. Haven't opened it yet. Gonna right now though!
>>
>>6161422
i'd never consider getting it, but i do the fact that it exists
>>
File: Repugnus1.jpg (1MB, 1415x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Repugnus1.jpg
1MB, 1415x1133px
>>6161430

Well, heres my initial, 10 minutes of fooling around impressions, whether you want it or not. After all, it is a new company, so it's first things are probably gonna make or break it.

I tested out his joints (ie: I moved him around, didn't transform him yet), and he feels solid as a motherfucker. Plastic quality seems good. Not quite MMC-tier, but closer to I want to say, Maketoys? His feet are great. They're diecast, but theres a plastic insert where the ball joints go, so no worring about diecast destroying the ball joints in the feet. Only downside is the feet are of course painted, so chipping might be an issue, but unlike my Omega Supreme here, this guy didn't come chipped out of the box, thankfully.

Ratchets feel very nice. Kinda loud too. The paint job reminds me of Master Made, with the little decal stamps here and there. Kind of pretentious to stamp your own damn company name on it, but whatever.
>>
>>6161458
>>6161422

I don't give a shit about repugnus but their Feilong (Fangry I think?) looks pretty dope.

I also love THICC robots so I am biased towards their aesthetic.
>>
>>6161458
Do you have like, a can of soda or something you can put next to him for scale? Marvel legends, ect.
>>
>>6161492
>Fangry I think?

No, that's Doublecross. aka Twinferno.
>>
File: RepugnusScaleSorta.jpg (881KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusScaleSorta.jpg
881KB, 1600x1200px
>>6161498

I've got a lot of stuff I can compare it to. He's a big motherfucker. He dwarfs a lot of my stuff.

He's very easy to transform, simple transformation. His arm panel locks are kind of a bitch to get tabbed in though, pretty tight. Hope it loosens a bit with some use, if not, I'll sand the tab a bit to make it easier.
>>
>>6161458
If the bot mode just weren't so huge, I'd be into it. I appreciate the effort they went to though and it looks super well made.

>>6161492
This I AM into though. That is just one sweet-ass dragonformer right there.
>>
>>6161543

Well, he's supposed to be MP scale. And MP runs off MP-10's scale, and he's supposed to be bigger than Optimus, soooo you end up with one massive bug.

I'm not really a scalefag though, I just like good figures. I prefer Voyager to Legends sized ones, but if I have to go bigger, I do.
>>
>>6161498
>a can of soda
A tin of pop
>>
File: Repugnus2.jpg (601KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Repugnus2.jpg
601KB, 1600x1200px
>>6161492

Yeah, I love the SUPER FUCKING CHUNKY aesthetic. That shit has me won over in terms of looks.

And as long as their releases keep up like this one, I'll probably buy more. You know, assuming this guy doesn't just suddenly fall apart or anything.

Also, I love the mouth. Just having an opening and closing mouth is always nice for any sort of monster, animal, or creature. Also I believe his eyes are wholly plastic, which I also like. I'm a firm believe in plastic over paint, when it comes to colors and composition.
>>
>>6161458
Those company name tampos all over the figure are the one thing that kept me from getting him. He looks great besides that, but I just can't support a company ruining a product like that for self promotion. I'll totally buy that double cross >>6161492 if they leave those tampos off.
>>
File: RepugnusAndSomeShittyBeerScale.jpg (919KB, 1325x1198px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusAndSomeShittyBeerScale.jpg
919KB, 1325x1198px
>>6161577

Bloody 'ell there guv'nah, wotta yoo think this'en 'ere is, the bloody Queen's palace? I can't be affordin' all'is 'ere tippy top fizzypop to be measurin' things 'ere wit. I ain't the bloody damned Porter'n'Wench down on Westminstershire Steet.

Also that ain't my beer. Just something a friend left in my fridge and forgot. I didn't have any soda cans, so that'll have to do as a scale. Thats bigger than a regular soda can though.

>>6161582

Meh, I barely notice it to be honest. From any sort of distance it's too small to really tell what it says. But yeah, I'd prefer it was just made up Cybertronian symbols or something. They really shouldn't be stamping their name on it beyond, you know, a makers mark on the ass or something like Hasbro does.
>>
>>6161560
Woops, I left out a word. I actually just meant that I wish his CHEST weren't so big. I like t h i c c bots but i wish it could collapse in a little. Also his monster head is a bit too big of a backpack for me to stomach.

>>6161579
Although he's almost worth it to me just for this monster mode. That shit is tight.

Again, all just personal preference. I'm still glad it got made.
>>
>>6161193
>>6161325
What are you talking about? Is it simply the face or is there some issue with the figure I'm not aware of?
>>
File: Repugnus3.jpg (870KB, 1300x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Repugnus3.jpg
870KB, 1300x1043px
I gotta say, I like how they did the hands for the weapon. The MP-style stick-in peg was something I don't really like. They made it so the weapon now just has a groove, you slot the weapon in, and thats it. I think the peg handle is probably too big for 5mm ports, but eh, any figure with opening fists probably? Could hold it.

Wish he came with more than just a rifle, but TF's aren't really known to be too accessory heavy anyway. I really love that Maketoys is doing alt faces now, but I wish 3P's as whole would switch to fully articulated hands. MP style hands are something we should've gotten rid of ages ago for figures big enough to accomidate better.

>>6161677

I'm going to assume it's the weird proportions and the face. Thats what sticks out to me as "What the?".
>>
I just got my Megatooth in the mail today from FansHobby's website. They ship fast. Can't wait to play around with this thicc figure.
>>
>>6161579
What the hell is this thing?
An ant-crab?
>>
File: RepugnusProblem.jpg (270KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusProblem.jpg
270KB, 1600x1200px
>>6161773

It's a monsterbot. In Repugnus' case, he appears to be a mix of several insects/bugs/whatever. Beetle, preying mantis, etc.

Also, shit. I've found a problem with mine. I don't know if this is return-worthy though? I noticed his left arm was getting looser, so I checked around the joint, and this screw seems to turn when I turn the robot mode arm. It doesn't do that with his other arm. And it's definitely making the screw un-screw. I tried tightening it, and it re-tightens the arm, but the ratchet seems to be heavy enough it still makes the screw turn.

Is there anything I can do here?
>>
MMC Not-Nickle when?
>>
File: 1476979624092.jpg (100KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476979624092.jpg
100KB, 960x960px
>>6161785

Glue the screw in place?
>>
>>6161802
>IF Not-Nickle when?

FTFY
>>
Convince me not to spend 460 american dollars on this.
>>
>>6161815

I'm not sure if that might affect the joint though. I'm afraid that might screw up the ratchet or something.
>>
>>6161821
You don't have 460 american dollars.
>>
>>6161822

The screw just keeps the ratchet in place, no? A very small amount of super glue around the head of the screw where the screw head meets the plastic (and not into the screw hole because that will fuck shit up) should fix it.

Tighten the screw to optimal tightness and then glue the rim of the screw and it should be fine.
>>
File: 1468433080473.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1468433080473.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>6161829

But I do though.
>>
Has anyone picked up downbeat yet? I was just about going with him over the GT one, but the way he kept coming apart in skullface's review scared the hell out of me.
>>
>>6161837
Bigger boobs upgrade kits when?
>>
>>6161834
Then get it. It calls to you, anon.
>>
>>6161830

From what I can tell, the screw definitely goes into the ratchet. So I'm kind of afraid if glue gets there it might seep down the screw into the ratchet.

I twirled the arm around a like (a LOT) to see how loose it would get, and the arm was ratchet eventually barely made noise and was noticeably "out" of the joint, more or less. I screwed it back in, and it was fine again. So the screw definitely has something to do with both holding the robot mode arm on as well as the ratchet.

Kind of disappointed, but given the other arm doesn't seem to be affected by this (twirled it around too just to check, didn't seem like the screw was moving), I'm thinking this is a QC error and hopefully not a line wide thing.
>>
>>6161818
>MT Manga Mecha Not-Nickle when?

FTFY
>>
>>6161393
Sunstorm and Wardog were pretty great I thought

otherwise I've been pretty lukewarm towards them, especially after Lorry.
>>
File: RepugnusBugShrug.jpg (812KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusBugShrug.jpg
812KB, 1600x1200px
>>6161855

Well, I've sent the place I ordered him from an e-mail to their custserv, so hopefully they'll get back to me in a day or so. I'm really disappointed I'm having an issue, but it's not the first I've had with a 3P thing.

My Leo Dux has his inner bar installed upside down (a common problem which I never noticed until waaaay past my time I could've returned it for another, but the problem doesn't actually affect much of anything), and my Hexatron came with no guns (got replacement guns sent to me for free thankfully).

Kinda sad I'm going to have to exchange the guy for another, other than this problem I encountered which hopefully isn't a widespread issue (chime in if anyone else here has this guy!), he really is pretty well made. He feels solid, plastic feels good, I love whatever they did with his metal bits to make them shine so nicely (polished? This doesn't look like paint or chrome, I dunno). So much for being a nice birthday present for me, guess I'll have to just go without until he can hopefully be exchanged.
>>
>>6161837
I have it. I didn't watch that review but I guess you're talking about the chest. I think it's just mistransformation. I had the same issue then I fiddled with the figure a little, putting it in various poses, and when I tried to transform it back into vehicle, I had to force a little to split the different chest part, everything was tighly secured. I guess it was mistransformed and that the various parts tabbed/clicked in securely while I was posing it without me noticing.
>>
>>6161821

-Spending that much money on a toy is unconscionable.
-You don't have room to properly display it.
-You'll just transform it once or twice and then all it's gonna do is stand there in robot mode, taking up space and collecting dust and every time you look at it the satisfaction at its size will be tainted with the realization you made a mistake.

Don't do it. The regret at not owning it is easier to weather than the disappointment of having it.
>>
>>6161952
Yeah, it was the red part under his hood-bra. Baltmatrix mentioned it too, but he's known for that sort of thing so I wasn't sure if there was just something tiny like you said. Do the shoulders on yours have any of the same problem with untabbing?
>>
File: RepugnusPsshNothinPersonalKid.jpg (830KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusPsshNothinPersonalKid.jpg
830KB, 1600x1200px
>>6161821

He's too big to properly enjoy. Thats pretty much it. I think he looks cool, but he's just way too big. Some things just aren't meant to be MP-sized.
>>
File: Predarex15.jpg (527KB, 1000x781px) Image search: [Google]
Predarex15.jpg
527KB, 1000x781px
Found an MISB Feral Rex set of 6 for $430 shipped and jumped on it. Seems like a decent price, right? I have been hesitating on jumping on it for a while since its a big commitment and I wasn't entirely pleased with the aesthetics(they're starting to feel a bit dated, like a lot of older 3Ps tend to feel), and I always worry there's going to be a newer, better Predaking down the road. But I like a lot of the weapon gimmicks, and I'm a sucker for combiners and beasts, and seeing that Rex seems to be the only 3P combiner held in almost universal high regard seems reliable. and at worst I can resell it.
>>
>>6161864
Wardog looked pretty neat, but I heard his transformation was terrible and fragile. Personally, I think Sunsurge is just as bad as the other recent BadCube bots with its design choices. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to buy one, I'd by Spinout over it, but I'm obviously not doing that and just waiting for a different company to tackle him.
>>
>>6162105

Predaking defines cool.
>>
>>6162105

Honestly, I don't think he looks dated at all. And he is pretty good, probably one of, if not the, best 3P combiner.
>>
>>6161939
I know we have told you how to fix your leodux, it really isn't that hard and I swear you won't break anything. I can post pics of the DIY later tonight if anyone else is curious.
shit man, don't you have ironshell with the modded Poseidon head? that DIY looks scary as hell, but I will do mine soon...I think.
>>6162105
check your leodux when you get him. The set does kick ass though.
>>
File: Hamhands.jpg (638KB, 823x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Hamhands.jpg
638KB, 823x1107px
>>6162157
>don't you have ironshell with the modded Poseidon head?

Nope, thats not me. I've been wanting to try and get a Seacon set but man, that $600+ price tag is killing. Getting Feral Rex was hard enough. 3P combiners, I wish, were more around the $300 range, it's just so much to be spending.

I'll probably end up getting one at some point if I can manage to save up enough.

Also I'm pretty terrible at repairing or trying to fix toys. Which is funny, because I've done a lot of Warhammer models and stuff over the years and you'd figure something would carry over. But those don't have moving parts or screws that could get stripped or mangled or springs or...Etc.
>>
File: Archenemy10.jpg (81KB, 1291x857px) Image search: [Google]
Archenemy10.jpg
81KB, 1291x857px
Thoughts on this? Scourge/Black Convoy is one of my favorite TF designs, yet this seems to be under everyone's radar. Its a new company, I believe. Apparently its already out in China.
>>
>>6162190
Do we know if it comes with the gun? All the pics I saw only had Black Convoy with the sword, while Laser Rod Prime only had the gun.
>>
>>6162190
they should've left the gas tanks on the arms. Excluding them ruins the classic look.
>>
>>6162154
The datedness mostly comes from the more blocky/rigid look with lots of hard angles for detailing that was more popular a few years ago. Granted a lot of that you can chalk up to it just being how Predaking looks like, but if you compare early MMC stuff with latter stuff you can see a marked difference. But yeah, its still cool looking overall.
>>
>>6162157
>I can post pics of the DIY later tonight if anyone else is curious.

Oh and you might as well post it. Info never hurts.
>>
>>6161802
>>6161818
>>6161859
>Not-Nickel
FTFY
>>
>>6162318
Honestly Nickle would not be a bad name for a 3p version.
>>
File: s3.jpg (119KB, 1546x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s3.jpg
119KB, 1546x1000px
I like this Hot rod's body a lot more but I don't know about that head.
>>
>>6162105
I really don't see anybody outdoing Feral Rex anytime soon, if ever. The way 3rd parties seem to work is that they all jump on a character bandwagon and once the fad passes, they all move on, so if a company didn't jump on the bandwagon then, they won't in the future.

That being said, Feral Rex is still a fucking great figure and I don't think he's particularly dated at all. He's still got a lot of pretty solid engineering ideas going on, is fairly posable for how bulky and chunky is he, and I think his aesthetics work great in a CHUG collection.

The only things I don't like about him are how his combined crotch plate tends to shuffle around and come loose, the legbots end up with a lot of beast kibble behind them in leg mode, and not-Divebomb's tail just looks and feels extremely cheap compared to the rest of the set which is otherwise gorgeous. His tail/shield really should have been multiple parts with articulation like the wings instead of one solid hollow chunk.

Still, $430 is well worth the asking price for the set. I think you're gonna really enjoy him.
>>
>>6162679
I don't know, Devastator is seeing a bit of a resurgence lately and both Giant and Hercules came out years ago.
>>
>>6162688
That was the early days of 3rd party before most of these companies even existed or made a name for themselves. It was kinda the wild west of the market where everybody was just throwing shit at a wall to see what stuck and character patterns didn't really set in yet. Devestator came back because there really wasn't a bandwagon to jump on at the time and very few people to jump on it so now we're seeing a resurgence of all of the new guys trying their hand. Now that this phase has passed, I don't see him getting a revisit anytime soon as everybody is going to be focused on the next big character fad.
>>
>>6162699
That's fair.

My first third party figures were MMC Stormer (which was like their third mold ever, amazing how far they've come since then) and Green Giant who has since been replaced on my shelf by Gravity Builder
>>
>>6162643
Bad face sculpts seems to be one of FansToys sales gimmicks. They always put out crap ones, then include better ones with future products, forcing you to buy a new bot if you want your old one to look right.
>>
>>6162011
The shoulders stay tabbed in pretty tightly on mine.
>>
>>6162731
Fanstoys has some really shitty sales practices. IIRC they broke some code of honor that the 3rd party companies had agreed to and leaked information about a megatron.
>>
>>6162843
That was proven bullshit. Hating them became the cool thing to do and people started spreading rumors.
>>
>>6162204

They're making a trailer for it that will come with a gun, apparently.
>>
>>6162643
Not the worst they've done, it'll probably look alright once it's in proper colors.
>>
>>6162850
Source?
>>
>>
File: RepugnusOnTheRun.jpg (850KB, 1085x1125px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusOnTheRun.jpg
850KB, 1085x1125px
>>6162167

Well, I received a response from the place I ordered from. And they said this might end up being a line-wide issue with the figure, so exchanging it isn't going to do me anything. They offered me a refund, but I don't know if I'll take it, as I'd rather have my figure and occasionally just have to re-tighten the screw. Maybe I can find something to keep it from unscrewing itself, but I'm worried anything I try to put on the screw for that might slip down into the joint itself and freeze the arm or something.

I'm kinda sad this happened. Everything about the figure is otherwise perfect. I can totally see this company becoming a very good one if they keep this level of quality, other than this one black mark on an otherwise great figure.
>>
>>6163684
Does it have a washer? Could you replace it with a locking washer?
>>
>>6163693

No, it appears to just be a normal screw. Also I'm afraid to unscrew it fully as it might be connected to the ratchet in the arm as during my 40-ish test spins 360 around, the ratchet started getting very loose as the screw unscrewed itself.
>>
File: RepugnusOmNomNom.jpg (948KB, 1239x1191px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusOmNomNom.jpg
948KB, 1239x1191px
Also another pic because I'm bored and it's my birthday.
>>
>>6163711
Happy Birthday, anon.
>>
>>6163711
happy birthday dude but dont let him eat all your candies, save some for yourself
>>
File: RepugnusGimmieDaChoklit.jpg (793KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusGimmieDaChoklit.jpg
793KB, 1600x1200px
>>6163719
>>6163735

Thanks, Anons.
>>
>>6163711
Hey you, happy birthday.
>>
File: RepugnusSlavSquat.jpg (809KB, 969x1181px)
RepugnusSlavSquat.jpg
809KB, 969x1181px
>>6163795

Thanks Anon.
>>
>>6163744
Happy birthday man, here's a pic dump and some instructions if you want to use them for the leodux fix.
AFIK a whole bunch of leoduxes were assembled wrong, I have a true MMC leodux that came this way, but another anon here got one of the "loose" ones on ebay and it came mis-assembled or was that you?
>>
File: IMG_0274[1].jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0274[1].jpg
100KB, 640x480px
Okay so this little tab thing for the hilt of the feral rex sword sticks out if you got a 'bad' one....
>>
File: IMG_0275[1].jpg (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275[1].jpg
109KB, 640x480px
>>6163804
here is how it should be
>>
>>6163802

Nah, I got mine from an actual online store that was reputable, not a random chinese seller off eBay. And yeah, it was a wide error, I guess, given quite a few people seem to have it.
>>
>>6163684
I never know how to propose this here... but... might I suggest...

Hot glue?
>>
File: IMG_0277[1].jpg (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0277[1].jpg
117KB, 640x480px
>>6163807
So I have Dux in torso mode for this, see the two outer holes on his back directly under the cannons? Two wee lil Philips screws under each cannon
>>
File: IMG_0280[1].jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0280[1].jpg
131KB, 640x480px
>>6163808
got ya, just wondering.
anyway, loosen the screws all the way, but leave them in place...Grab hold of each half of the upper torso. Hold his arms firmly, and wiggle the back backwards a bit to let the hips out
>>
File: IMG_0285[1].jpg (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0285[1].jpg
109KB, 640x480px
>>6163815
pull the front torso from the back by holding on to his arms, and keep the lion face downward-ish to keep the arms from falling off. You now have the two screws exposed to take the bar off and reverse it.
>>
>>6163812

I'm not sure if that would help, to be honest. Hot glue isn't really the best kind of glue for anything other than like, arts and crafts projects.
>>
File: IMG_0282[1].jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0282[1].jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>6163818
IF you let the arms drop and the ratchet indent piece falls out you see this cavity. Left arm still in for reference..
>>
>>6163820

Is that bad? Or do you just shove that gear thingy back into the hole?
>>
File: IMG_0281[1].jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281[1].jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>6163820
here is the little piece that may have escaped. And this is how it looks facing you when you have to put it back in
>>
YO WHAT IS THIS SHIT?!

SOME KIND OF IDW HOT ROD LEAKED!?

(Can't find pic)
>>
File: IMG_0283[1].jpg (119KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0283[1].jpg
119KB, 640x480px
>>6163821
if that happens, put the little piece back in the cavity bump for the ratchet facing outward. It is a bitch to see but it is correctly installed
>>
>>6163823

The MMC one? We've known about that for months, prototypes were shown a while ago, I think a toy show a month or 2 showed a colored in version maybe? I don't have a pic of it.
>>
File: IMG_0286[1].jpg (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286[1].jpg
136KB, 640x480px
>>6163824
And to clarify, it is the bar itself, once unscrewed just needs to be flipped around and you are good to go. And here is gratuitous shot of Poseidon
>>
>>6163826
Theres two, mmc's and some other companies that looks much better.
>>
>>6163824
>>6163831

Can you give me a better idea of where those lil' black bits go? Do they go in the square holes upside down?

I got my Leo apart but BOTH those tiny black square bits with the bumps came out.
>>
>>6163864
yeah, the little black bit will simply rest in the cavity and it spans the length that it needs to cover, if that makes any sense.
Look at these two pics and see if you can see the bump in pic *824. I have to run off for a bit but ill be back in 30 or 40 minutes
>>6163820
>>6163824
>>
File: RepugnusPetsHisNowFixedKitty.jpg (1MB, 1488x1173px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusPetsHisNowFixedKitty.jpg
1MB, 1488x1173px
>>6163872

Well, thanks for the detailed instructions. I managed to get him apart, flip the bar, and back together with the only issue being both screws on the right side didn't want to fall out of the holes when unscrewed fully and me popping both the bars out when I took the body apart. Now he's fixed, and since I haven't had him out of full on Predaking mode for a while, I'll put'em on display in individual modes for a bit.
>>
>>6163955
right on, glad to help and lol at the pic. I was thinking the same with my feral cons. I want to know if bovis or fortis can stand on their hind legs like Ironshell. I want to do a dancing scene with the feral and seacons, but I have to leave again shortly for a few hours.
>>
>>6163955
and btw, the notrepugnus looks pretty badass.
>>
>>6163981

They probably can, if you can somehow balance them, since the surface area of their feet/hooves isn't too great because they're meant to be standing on at least one forward and one backward leg. Leo's probably too top heavy to balance on his back legs without something to prop him up though.

>>6163988

Yeah, I'm really loving him despite the screw issue. Kind of sad I'm not going to be able to get a replacement due to the issue probably being a design flaw (or rather, screw flaw?) and not just an isolated QC issue, and I'd rather have my figure than my money back.
>>
File: Wisdom_of_Blitzwing.png (200KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom_of_Blitzwing.png
200KB, 512x384px
>>6163711
Happy Birthday, anon!
>>
>>6164010

Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_3278.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3278.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Megatooth is awesome. Glad to be able to own a third party monsterbot. His face scuplt is funny but I love it!
>>
File: RepugnusDanceDanceRhinolution.jpg (760KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusDanceDanceRhinolution.jpg
760KB, 1600x1036px
>>6164241

Nice to see someone else got one. But do me (and yourself) a favor and check for the screw problem mentioned above.
>>
File: SadSwerve.png (101KB, 386x439px) Image search: [Google]
SadSwerve.png
101KB, 386x439px
>>6161193
>Smile and optimism:Gone
>>
Got the cartoon colors evila star on the way, anyone have any good mods for it? (Plan to make a hole or attach a construct bot port to attach the wheel piston to for lack of floppage.)

And i like the alt modes more than chigurgh.
>>
File: delet this.png (686KB, 874x601px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.png
686KB, 874x601px
>>6164303

DELET
>>
>>6164274
Yeah as soon as I saw the megatooth prototypes, I just had to get it. I will once I get the time to. I have yet to transform him since I love his bot mode too much. I hope we get some add on for his chest
>>
I need some striker noir in my life.

Just show the fucking weapon pack already, quit with the teasing.
>>
File: weaponz.jpg (417KB, 1298x1369px) Image search: [Google]
weaponz.jpg
417KB, 1298x1369px
>>6164362

The cut off date for preordering was the 2nd I think. But here are the teasers they have so far. We're still missing the Light Saber, Hand Gun, Katana, the weapon holder, and the axe extension bar.

And here I went through all that effort to get a Dr. Wu Scythe and a red solus hammer for him. I already decked out Striker with the Wu Star Saber and Megs with the Wu Dark Star saber.
>>
Wht is the best grimlock? I want a Knightly brawler, like AOE, but do not like the AOE toy. As it is (downsized KO may be acceptable if one of similar quality exists)

Not interested in the other dinobots matching him, and not requiring a Dino mode
>>
>>6164504

Probably Planet X's Vulcan, who is FoC Grimlock. Who is also long since out of print and hard to find.
>>
File: Planet-X-Vulcan-03.jpg (90KB, 960x778px) Image search: [Google]
Planet-X-Vulcan-03.jpg
90KB, 960x778px
>>6164504

Out of the turds? Planet X Vulcan. I don't know about knightly, but you get a big ass sword and shield as his main weapons. Also the Dino mode is probably the best at his scale.

You may also want to wait for Spark Toys War Within Grimlock. No dinosaur alt mode, but he's big and beefy. Iron Factory has a legend sized take on the same design.
>>
>>6164566
Hm, how much is spark toys going o be?
>>
File: fp severo.jpg (201KB, 1600x1119px) Image search: [Google]
fp severo.jpg
201KB, 1600x1119px
>>6164572

Probably like $130-$150. You can get the whole set of Legends Dynobots based on the same design from IF for $120 though.

I forgot to mention Fansprojects Servo which is kind of a poor showing as far as the figure goes, but he has really cool "melee masters" that form hammers, he comes with a throne, and I think he has a crown.

Does this have to be Grimlock or are you just looking for knightly themed transforming robots?
>>
>>6164274
Dammit, you two are making me want to get him just to have a rampaging Kaiju-bot for terrorizing my Iron Factory figures.
>>
File: RepugnusMoreLikeSahalanthropus.jpg (995KB, 1600x1069px) Image search: [Google]
RepugnusMoreLikeSahalanthropus.jpg
995KB, 1600x1069px
>>6164610

It never hurts.

I wish my pics would stop coming out so shitty though. I swear I've tried every combination of things on my shitty camera and it never wants to be a clear picture.
>>
>>6164629
So far the screws on mine seems to not move in the same direction also but his arms don't feel like it's getting loose. Maybe if I play with him some more he might but so far I hope it isn't a wide spread issue either.
>>
>>6164649 played with him some more and his left arm went limp. I guess this may be a widespread issue :(
>>
>>6164594
Eh, both, but i have an OS ko of black knight optimus on the way to become my "Master Scourge"
>>
>>6164654

Just screw in the screw, should fix it.
>>
>>6164666 Thanks you kind sir.I still love the figure and I'm hyped for the next figure.
>>
>>6163711

(belated) Happy Birthday anon
>>
File: 14201711757.jpg (187KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
14201711757.jpg
187KB, 800x800px
Striker Manus or MP10v?

SM hits somewhere between G1 and IDW so it would sort be an end all voyager prime for my collection. But MP10v is cheaper and looks good too.
>>
>>6164979
I think MP-10v clashes aesthetically with most things at a Classics size. Its a nice one-off piece, but it doesn't really have its place among a collection of other TF stuff. I use it more for a general mecha display, since MP-10 is too big to go with most Chogokins.
>>
>>6164805

Thanks!

>>6164673

I'm hoping someone can come up with a better solution than my "Just screw it back in if it gets loose" once someone who's brave enough to take a closer look at their toy than I gets ahold of one and can provide ideas for a more permanent solution that won't possibly fuck things up.

>>6164979

I love MP10v, my only complaints are the diecast chest (because paint chipping is a thing, and the chest is something you're going to be handling a LOT due to transformation) and crotch (did the crotch NEED to be diecast?). I do think he has enough detail to stand with a CHUG collection too.

Striker Manus I don't own, but he does look pretty nice. Only thing I don't like is his altmode clearly looks like an afterthought.
>>
>>6164979
Personally I've never had any inclination to buy MP10 since he's just one of many OP figures in that scale/style. Manus is different enough while still looking enough like Prime for it to not bother me.

Then Again I'm only buying the Nemesis variant and that's mostly because it some with a shitload of weapons.
>>
File: 1447897788209.jpg (218KB, 813x679px) Image search: [Google]
1447897788209.jpg
218KB, 813x679px
>>6163711
happy birthday anon.
>>
>>6164979
striker manus i don't understand the appeal of. I guess it vaguely resembles optimus, but the entire design is so lumpy and overly detailed, the truck is hideous. Might as well just buy a non-transforming figure.
>>
File: reduced-image_6073_106.jpg (35KB, 400x539px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_6073_106.jpg
35KB, 400x539px
As someone who just started collecting 3P figures, is there anything pre 2015/2014 thats somewhat harder to come buy thats worth seeking out? Or anything a lot of people are dumping for cheap because of newer options, but are still good? I'm looking into some things like Maketoys Yellow Giant(because I like the G2 colors, and no one else offers a Devy like that yet, plus I like the giant wrench.)
>>
File: 142017131017.jpg (169KB, 720x590px) Image search: [Google]
142017131017.jpg
169KB, 720x590px
>>6165074
The early Fansproject headmasters are really good, and Assaulter. Their Code is probably still one of my favorite 3p figures ever.
>>
>>6165073
The truck comes together very nicely in person, almost cybertronian in detail. The transformation is miles above any other Optimus figure I've handled, everything tabs in very nicely in the end.
>>
>>6165112
i can second on that chrome dome, hes so fucking fun.
>>
File: ninsect.jpg (370KB, 1612x1046px) Image search: [Google]
ninsect.jpg
370KB, 1612x1046px
>>6165074

Generally speaking you're not missing much. Each year the bar gets raised higher and the older figures become somewhat dated and obsolete. It's impressive how much older companies improved in a year or two. As a rule of thumb you're better off with the advancements in the new stuff, especially as far as combiners go.

The earlier stuff is mostly Fansproject dominated. Smart Robin, The Roadbuster twins, the Steelcore, and Assaulter are pretty good. I like the FP insecticons especially. They still hold up as something unique and different and they work really well with MT's Cross dimension stuff. The remolds can always be found for cheap at TFS. RIP in pieces warbugs.

PE Aranea would be my absolute favorite out of the older stuff and the single best looking original idea from company.The paint and sculpt are top notch and she can be fanmoded to hell and look amazing. But...It's such a pile of shit in terms of tolerances and breakage areas that it's a nightmare manipulating it.

That said Giant is no where near bad. It's solid fucking rock. When it was new there were videos of people just shaking him and nothing would move. The size and the individual bots might feel off. They're still a great team but he's just a bit tiny and the arm proportions aren't really threatening. If you were to get one make sure you pick up the sets with the fixes and not the first run. You'll get better head and leg articulation plus the built in detaching hook piece.
>>
>>6165070

Thanks, you guys are the best.
>>
>>6165074

Tons of stuff is worth it. Not sure of their release dates, buuut...

-Most of the Reformatted line by MMC is worth a look. Hexatron is basically the "gold standard" of 3P releases.
-Most of the Iron Factory releases. Again, they're all damn good.
-Maketoys Manga Mech releases were both good, but are kind of pricey now, especially the Tailgate set because of the stupid Cyclonus upgrade parts that come with it.
>>
>>6161193
there are people who actually think this is MP quality? this looks fucking awful.
>>
>>6165331
It's weird how the opinion on Hexatron has shifted since he came out.

From what I recall people hated him when he first released, calling him a greebly mess among other things.
>>
>>6165359
so did MP Bumblebee

>muh arm kibble
>muh licensed vehicle that was too big
>>
File: gay robot conversion therapy.jpg (349KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
gay robot conversion therapy.jpg
349KB, 864x1152px
>>6165331

Speaking of Rear End, he's pretty much a perfect fit for MMC's DJD shenanigans. His damaged leg parts, panic face, and small size will be perfect for at least partially fitting in Helix and Tesarus.

>>6165361
There are two camps. I always thought he looked like complete shit. I got to handle one though I cannot deny the build quality. That's the only 'standard' I think it sets. It's probably looked at fondly because everything MMC released before sort of did the fragile hearts of steel designs.
>>
>>6165367
MP bumblebee doesn't have shit proportions, ugly huge hinge knees, and a weird cheap looking shiny visor.
>>
File: Sixshot1.jpg (781KB, 905x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Sixshot1.jpg
781KB, 905x1199px
>>6165361

It's funny because I ended up getting him because of the good overall opinion. And yeah, he really is that good.

>>6165370

Where are those small pink cubes from? Those would be great for most 'bots.
>>
>>6165381
I have the Great Shot variant and I agree it's a lot of fun. Wish I was able to pick up the original version though.

As much as people shit on their Hearts of Steel stuff I really liked the robot modes on their seekers. Fantastic articulation, a regal look to their design and tons of weapon options. Shame about the vehicle
>>
>>6165386

I think some places still have the original. BBTS might, thats where I got mine.
>>
>>6165381

I have no clue. I think I got them tossed in as an unexpected freebe during a trade years ago.
>>
File: Fuck, it broke.jpg (61KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck, it broke.jpg
61KB, 576x960px
Well, something was fucked up with my Ironshell's cannon and it wouldn't extend. I think I fixed it.
>>
>>6165481

Did...Did you break it? I'm unfamiliar with this guy, but damn, Anon.
>>
File: springer fansproject 4.jpg (145KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
springer fansproject 4.jpg
145KB, 700x933px
>>6165227
>Generally speaking you're not missing much. Each year the bar gets raised higher and the older figures become somewhat dated and obsolete. It's impressive how much older companies improved in a year or two. As a rule of thumb you're better off with the advancements in the new stuff, especially as far as combiners go.

That's what's made me so hesitant to start collecting 3Ps; a lot of the earlier stuff felt like it got surpassed pretty fast as far as design and even basic concepts go.For all the enthusiasm behind early 3P stuff, a lot of it felt a bit dated; like Eenergon/Cybertron figures aesthetically. At the time the official line was on a pretty decent upswing , so in comparison it felt off mixing the two. Now its more like the opposite,with a lot of 3Ps looking more polished. Still, there's a few contemporary 3P figures you can tell will look outdated pretty soon.
>>
>>6165490
all I can figure is some glue during assembly glued the bottom portion of the gun hinge (that pink part) down inside, I can wedge the gun back in the hole, and it's still super tight and functional, it just comes out now due to the plastic breaking if I pull it out too far.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
Warbotron has a bad rep, but at $150, the Jinbao Bruticus seems like a very tempting deal. Should I jump on it?
>>
>>6165712
If you want, but be cautious.

At such a low price, it seems too good to be true; could very well be flimsy as shit.
>>
>>6165712
I have it (paid $95), and I love it so much, I've been telling everyone I know they HAVE to get it, and I never press recommendations. Jinbao didn't just oversize it, they improved a lot of things from the warbo version, giving everyone nice ratcheting joints and making it so Bruticus can actually hold his gun up without the arms drooping down.
>>
>>6165744
Damn, where/how did you get it so cheap?
>>
>>6165712
GET IT NOOOOW!! IT IS AMAZING AND IMPROVED!
>>
>>6165771
likely ebay or a facebook seller. Sellers on facebook are all over selling it at like $95-110
>>
Alright anons, are there any old third party figures or addon kits that are going for dirt cheap now on ebay? I'm looking for stuff that people are just trying to get rid of because a better version of a character came out. I'm looking around right now, and can't think of anymore than what I've already looked for.
>>
>>6165971

You'll have better luck in a B/S/T I think. Plenty of people dumping FP headmasters and older combiners.
>>
>>6165971
Bts sonicron still rots. Same with fansproject warbots.
>>
>>6165971

Usually, the cheap ones are the ones that were hilariously shit, though there are ones that aren't bad, but that just didn't sell, like that Glacialord set, which as far as I know, wasn't a bad release, it was just a set of super G1 style bricks and people aren't too keen on bricks anymore. They probably would've sold if they had modern articulation while retaining the brick look.
>>
>>6165971
Tfc Hercules is my favorite classics devastator. Showing its age at this point but still good and goes for sub 200.

Fansproject defender is really cheap after generations Springer came to town but it's fun to have as an engineering benchmark for 3p companies vs stuff that came out after
>>
So if mmc does decide to do an upgrade kit for Kultur, when might that happen?

And Nickel if she does get made won't be until after the two big guys I'm guessing?
>>
>>6166053

Probably within the next few months if it's going to happen.
>>
>>6166057
Not bad, I thought it'd be at least a year or more
>>
>>6166059

Well, thats for the announcement of it. Actual production, maybe longer.

I mean, the Carnifex upgrade set was only announced recently, and he came out last Sept. And it's not made yet, so following that example, a few months for an announcement, and then made a few months later probably?
>>
File: seagunz.jpg (258KB, 756x916px) Image search: [Google]
seagunz.jpg
258KB, 756x916px
Ok so problem time with TFC Poseidon. Even with the extra piece attached to the shoulder the elbow ratchet gives out when trying to hold someone in gun mode. Straightening the arm out to aim forwards and sliding the elbow ratchet into the torso to keep it in place doesn't work either as the attachment piece will be forced to pop out. Even if you get it to stay the arm droops too much to make it look half decent. I haven't tested it on the other limbs but Big Bite in arm mode but I don't see the others holding up either. Not sure how people are doing it for pictures unless they are using black magic. It looks like the only way he's going to hold a member in gun mode is if he can get two arms supporting it at the same time or if he's pointing it directly up over the shoulder.

Also Deathclaw makes the best gun if you modify the transformation a little.
>>
>>6166217

I'm honestly surprised companies just don't make a locking mechanism for the joint when they know it's going to have to hold something big and heavy like that.

Any other problems? I've been looking over the Not-Seacons and they look nice, but I'm waiting for the full set to be out first before I start deciding if I want to lose $600 for another giant hunk of plastic.
>>
File: IMG_3287.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3287.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here to dump a pick of Megatooths monster mode. I lile the figure regardless of its left arm issue.
>>
File: tight.jpg (109KB, 1654x1181px) Image search: [Google]
tight.jpg
109KB, 1654x1181px
>>6166245

As a team they are cohesive and great. Each bot has something going for them. The combiner is sturdy and won't break, the alt modes have that biomechanical sculpt that TFC does well, and there are tasteful bits of translucent plastic. TFC managed to not make them look like slightly better looking Unicron Trilogy toys like their other releases. Deathclaw is the best of the bunch and excels in all modes over his other teammates. but each have something going for them. Cyberjaw isn't as clean on the back and has wonky ass feet and I feel he's the weakest link. The sword is very nice in combined mode as well.

Some issues I ran into are mostly nitpicks that are in no where deal breakers. The obvious issue is that he can't hold a limb in gun mode well. Transforming Ironshell's shell is difficult as the chest plate jams up on everything when you rotate it. The instructions are totally shit and tiny...so given that all the limbs have distinct modes it gets annoying trying to figure out what they want you to do. It gets worse when you realize all the limbs have some specific double jointed knee positions that differ in all modes and that's a bitch in a half. The crotch flap moves in one piece on the combiner which can look odd. There's a lack of paint, and the paint that is there can scratch easy. The components comes with so many parts not used in other modes so you need a baggie to keep track of them..They cost a bit too much for what they are in my opinion and should be about $80 a limb.There's a lot of sharp bits that you can poke yourself on. Some limbs are better than others both functionality wise and aesthetics (IE: wonky gun modes, Cyberjaw has a hole in his arm mode, Mentarazor as a leg can get a double joint knee bend, etc). Also the head sticks too far back, and the fix for that looks like a nightmare.
>>
Posiedon's head is still too small to look right

>buh-buh-but it's a giant robot it's a trick to make it look-

It is TOO FUCKIN SMALL stop defending this shitty art style, you fucktards. It's as bad as those shitty thigh elbows that most combiners do out of laziness. I swear you people bend over and take anything you're given because you're not willing to tell a company they fucked up. Corporate whores.
>>
>>6166534
Maybe you should look into Master Made if you like large heads.
>>
>>6166558
>thinking hands and feet should be bigger than heads

maybe you should stop buying things that aren't even in proper proportion.
>>
File: Shattered_Glass3_by_lovelyMiku.png (325KB, 430x585px) Image search: [Google]
Shattered_Glass3_by_lovelyMiku.png
325KB, 430x585px
is there a good KO optimus in SG colors? the beast hunters optimus would be perfectly evil, but I've never seen one in purple for him, so an MP would be good too.
>>
>>6165771
I got it from rubadubspawn on TFW (who just gets a discount price from show.z on aliexpress). $95 was the preorder price, he's now selling it for $109
>>
>>6166568
>proper proportion
>mecha
Pick one, because you ain't getting both
>>
>>6166534
>TOO FUCKIN SMALL bluh bluh bluh
Those hot opinions.
>>
>>6166661
>SG
>good
Lmao kys
>>
>>6166864
>>6166842
stay mad because your toy has a tiny head

You're like a gamer crying over emulation, trying to justify blowing $200 on Action 52. Just fucking stop it.
>>
>>6166534
Looks like someone got triggered
>>
>>6166907
yeah the asshole who likes tiny heads got his ass triggered. Alt-rightist corporate defenders are easily offended.

Like if I say that Denis Leary > Bill Hicks, some douchefuck will probably bitch a huge tantrum over his dead unfunny racist.
>>
>trying to decide between GT's Devy and TFC's Seacons

Extensive info on both would be appreciated, especially from Anon's who own both.
>>
>>6166974
Both are pretty high quality. The TFC Seacons feel a little more well made. You can pick them up and shake them, and nothing wiggles or moves.

GT's constructicons are great, but the tolerances arnt as solid as the Seacons. The joints have some play in them.

Additionally, the Seacons have much better articulation on the whole.

In the end, I dont think you will be dissapointed in either of them.
>>
>>6166901
>trying to justify blowing $200 on Action 52
I don't really think that analogy works in this situation, and I'm not just saying that because I'm one of those retro collectors who likes to have physical copies of everything.
>>
>>6166926
This is some quality autism
>>
>>
File: ceb62630jw1fcg36s1vd4j20rs0x5qd1.jpg (374KB, 1000x1193px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630jw1fcg36s1vd4j20rs0x5qd1.jpg
374KB, 1000x1193px
>>6167175
>>
File: ceb62630jw1fcg36qmnkej20p014udrh.jpg (429KB, 900x1470px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630jw1fcg36qmnkej20p014udrh.jpg
429KB, 900x1470px
>>6167180
>>
File: ceb62630jw1fcg370sqi9j20uk0y9qdf.jpg (327KB, 1024x1148px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630jw1fcg370sqi9j20uk0y9qdf.jpg
327KB, 1024x1148px
>>6167181
>>
I just got Ironshell and love him.

Quick questions for those who have all 5 parts of Poseidon already released: Does TFC give you instructions on how to assemble the sword? I was surprised that Ironshell didn't have instructions on how to assemble it.

Thanks in advance.
>>
File: eeeeeee.jpg (368KB, 1094x821px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeee.jpg
368KB, 1094x821px
>>6166974

GT's is streamlined and well built proportions wise. Not sure how else to describe it, but all the parts merge to make a cohesive unit. The detailing makes it look less like a toy.The individual bots are quite nice and everything is self contained as far as the combiner goes with the extra pieces amounting to the chest plate and the generator arms. When combined he looks sublime.The arm and shoulder range is excellent. A lot of thought was put into the shoulder mechanism to make a ton of clearance despite the bulk. All the bots store their handguns on their body and everything can integrate into the altmodes/robot modes. Out of all of them Navvy makes the best robot thanks to how dynamic his articulation is, where I think Mixertruck makes the best vehicle.

There are some finish issues and not as much care gone into locking down parts. Scraper was wobbly legs and misaligned combiner joint, Mixing Truck can't really move his feet that well and some can't hold their gun. Bulldozer's entire arm assembly does fuck all to lock any of the moving parts in place and the many panels on him simply explode out. Crane has an issue with his crane ratchet that doesn't lock well and unpins itself, plus the combiner head cab parts will flop where ever they want to without polishing the ball joints. Dump Truck's shoulders don't tab well into place, and Navvy has arm flaps that feel like they were designed to lock somewhere but the designer forgot. The legs are mostly limited by their knee bend which is a shame and extreme poses aren't stable.

Poseidon looks more toyish thanks to its use of translucent plastics and combined proportions making him a beef slab on chunky, busy limbs. Each limb does 5 things and many of the parts are designed to be compatible so you get options for almost everything. Pic related has deathclaw in gun mode using Ironshell's weapon as the arm. The feet make him really stable. More thoughts here: >>6166295
>>
File: ceb62630jw1fcg36stghdj20rs0fn42k.jpg (156KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630jw1fcg36stghdj20rs0fn42k.jpg
156KB, 1000x563px
>>6167182

dat pose
>>
File: ceb62630jw1fcg36ub3vfj215o0nggua.jpg (157KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630jw1fcg36ub3vfj215o0nggua.jpg
157KB, 1024x576px
>>6167189

Uh, you don't get to bring friends
>>
>>6167184

No instructions unless it comes with Thousandkills. It's sort of hard to figure out at first and if you do it wrong you might end up with the handles for the big midsections getting stuck in the inner bits of the sword. I'm not sure how you assemble the split double sword setup. I'll probably make picture instructions if I have time later because everyone seems to be asking the same thing.
>>
>>6167191

Honestly, this better be a set like the Datsun Boi's.
>>
>>6167210

They're not, all individual releases. The Coneheads are a 3-pack.
>>
If that guy who is around who took apart Leo Dux, do you have any possible idea on how you might tighten the combiner ratchet on Bovis/red bull guy?

The big black ratchet on Bovis (red bull guy, whatever his actual name is) is a tiny bit looser than the other dude for me. Which doesn't sound like it impacts much, but given the sheer WEIGHT of these figures, means he flops down to a bent knee when I try to put Feral Rex into a kicking post with him out, whereas with the yellow rhino guy doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>6166926
Dude, go beat off and take a nap, you're clearly worked up over nothing and need to calm down.
>>
File: ice cream.jpg (40KB, 362x246px) Image search: [Google]
ice cream.jpg
40KB, 362x246px
>>6167191
can't wait
>>
>>6167191
he comes with that meg guns too?
>>
>>6166891
god dammit, when did an evil optimus in a good colorscheme become a statue of the character, i just fucking like the SG COLORS.
>>
File: ceb62630jw1fcg36viz2rj20rs11jwqg.jpg (441KB, 1000x1351px) Image search: [Google]
ceb62630jw1fcg36viz2rj20rs11jwqg.jpg
441KB, 1000x1351px
>>6167447

Looks like it
>>
>>6167175
What starscream is this?
>>
>>6167504
Iron Factory, like it says on every picture.
>>
>>6167507
How big is that? He looks like he would be $85+
>>
>>6167665
IF only does legends class.
>>
>>6167665

Probably going to end up around $20-40 bux. Most of the IF stuff does.
>>
>>6167219
well believe it or not I have a spare fortis that I broke some time ago and replaced with a loose one I bought on ebay. And looking at it now with the upper torso disassembled I don't know how the hell you would tighten it. I'll post a pic in a moment.
>>
File: IMG_0293[1].jpg (149KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293[1].jpg
149KB, 640x480px
>>6167786
well you can access two screws on the side of the combiner port, but I don't think tightening those will help much. Now that I have this in hand the ratchet on mine is almost completely locked up PLUS the whole black port seems to be molded in place, I really can't figure out how the hell you remove it, otherwise I would just send you my spare port.
>>
>>6167809

So theres really nothing you can think of to perhaps tighten it somewhere?
>>
File: IMG_0295[1].jpg (111KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0295[1].jpg
111KB, 640x480px
>>6167814
welp, I did liberate it, it was a bitch. But it your ratchet isn't holding its weight I would bet the little black bar with the bump in the center of the torso behind the port is worn down or was made too small.
>>
>>6167843
annnd a screw just fell out of the combiner port itself, not sure where it goes...
>>
File: DX1Zvub.jpg (216KB, 843x771px) Image search: [Google]
DX1Zvub.jpg
216KB, 843x771px
>>6167847
>not sure where it goes...
I'll give you a hint.
>>
>>6167843

Ah, perhaps thats it then. It does hold, just at a certain point the weight of the figure causes it to flop down a bit.
>>
>>6167859
mine did a fine job of holding the weight, but beyond the first few clicks of range of motion mine gets stupid hard to turn any further. Mine may very have a bad ratchet.
>>
>>6167876

Sounds like probably happened is your ratchet is like, a fraction thicker, and mine is a fraction thinner.
>>
File: jethed.jpg (81KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
jethed.jpg
81KB, 720x960px
Remember that headmaster jetfire everyone always wanted?
>>
File: 20170206_102921-1024x576.jpg (127KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_102921-1024x576.jpg
127KB, 1024x576px
I normally hate con exclusives, but I found this one for cheap and couldn't pass it up.
>>
File: 20170206_102955-1024x576.jpg (140KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_102955-1024x576.jpg
140KB, 1024x576px
>>6168363
The alt mode is great, I can't belive how well it rolls, and the front axle actually turns left and right wich is pretty cool.
>>
>>6168337
I want to be all up for this, but those arms look strange.
>>
>>6168337
Honestly, that looks about the right size for a Jetfire for me, but I'd have to see the alt mode.

Is this that same company that's doing little mech suits for the headmasters?
>>
>>6168337
>3rd party companies getting in on the TR gimmick from the official line
well now I've seen everything....
>>
File: 20170206_115132-600x1067.jpg (172KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_115132-600x1067.jpg
172KB, 600x1067px
Robot mode is beautiful.
>>
>>6168363
>>6168366
>>6168481
This is exactly what a con exclusive should be. Not something that EVERYONE wants, but a cool thing that some people want.
>>
>>6162105

The feel when you belong to a private facebook group where these are smuggled out the back door for $100.
>>
File: gunhands.jpg (270KB, 840x950px) Image search: [Google]
gunhands.jpg
270KB, 840x950px
I just realized there is nothing stopping me from replacing the hands with the gun mode weapons. The versatility of this set is to be commended. Hell big bite can be a straight up jaw hand if you want him to be.
>>
>>6168645
Can't wait for the God Neptune version
It's however kind of sad how notSnaptrap lacks his sword&board weaponry
>>
>>6168645
>Jaw hand
Are there any other alternate hands that can be done by the other members?
>>
>>6168366
How do you keep the front axle straight? The wheels on my figure collapse under their own weight. It's enough of a flaw to ruin the figure for me and I can't figure out if I haven't transformed it correctly or if MMC is retarded.
>>
File: IMG_1661.png (9KB, 298x279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1661.png
9KB, 298x279px
>>6168337
Actually I really want that
>>
File: GCreation.jpg (4KB, 143x90px) Image search: [Google]
GCreation.jpg
4KB, 143x90px
I'm really excited for a high-quality Bomber Megatron. Do we have any sort of timeline on GCreations products? Like, how long after we get the announcement does their stuff come out? I need this megatron!
>>
>>6168873
What's that? An image for Micromasters?
>>
>>6168906
No, it's a teaser for IDW Masterpiece scale figures by GCreation
>>
>>6168917
He means because the image is super tiny.
>>
Anybody get that garatron thunderwing yet? I'm really tempted to grab it.
>>
>>6168787
>How do you keep the front axle straight
Mine state straight on thier own fortunately. Can you maybe tighten yours up with some future or super glue?
>>
>>6168922

Ohhhh haha sorry I copied the image right from the facebook page, not sure why it didn't come out properly.
>>
Went ahead and threw down for Striker Noir. I have enough Optimus figures in my life but no Nemesis Primes.

I really need to start balancing out my displays with more heroes though. All of my purchases lately have been tending towards villains.

Any picture of his weapon set yet?
>>
>>6169413
>All of my purchases lately have been tending towards villains.

I know what you mean. Like, 90% of my 3P purchases are Decepticons. I guess it's really because they don't get as much representation in the main line.
>>
>>6169413
>All of my purchases lately have been tending towards villains.

>>6169617
>don't get as much representation in the main line.
It's because the bad guys always get the coolest weapons and paint jobs.
>>
File: IMG_4545.jpg (36KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4545.jpg
36KB, 300x225px
>>6161193
The 3P companies will never touch Beast Wars, will they?
>>
>>6169680
Third parties focus on nostalgia whoring and trend jumping.

So if the Beast era fans start to seem like a good bet to make money off of, or if, say, IDW suddenly retools their comics so that half the books are Beast focuses, it's possible.
>>
>>6169680
Perfect effect is doing it.

Meanwhile I want this cool shit right here.
>>
>>6169680
Why wouldn't they? Now that TT is making some, 3P will definitely follow with some too. Just have some patience, making toys is long for non profesionnals. Toys you see revealed are usually in the works for a year or so.
>>
>>6168873
Maybe never, it depends on the sales of their Ultra Maxmas.

Usually the lead time is one year from prototype to release.
>>
>>6167175
Is DX9 on suicide watch?
>>
>>6169811
You'd be amazed at the number of people who prefer the boring ass War In Pocket designs.
>>
File: thumbnail_IMG_1094.jpg (140KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_IMG_1094.jpg
140KB, 853x1280px
And there it is. Looks better to me than earlier photos but I'm still holding out for the SXS version I think
>>
File: thumbnail_IMG_1102-Edit-Edit.jpg (92KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_IMG_1102-Edit-Edit.jpg
92KB, 1280x853px
>>6169884
Car mode is decent too
>>
>>6169884
Oh hell yea, I'm really feeling it. Considering also that Tarn got a lot of polish before his release, this guy can definitely still get some improvements.

It might just be the angle but I feel like he's been doing too much of his bench presses. His head looks too far back because of that. But yeah this guy looks pretty good in my book.
>>
>>6169884
>>6169885

I'm a huge sucker for red/orange/yellow color combos. I don't even know why. My favorite color is none of those.

Dunno if I'll be dropping the $85+ he'll cost though when I already own the MP. And when MMC has been shitting the bed a bit lately with some releases. Gonna definitely wait for those reviews first.
>>
File: C0rIF3bUoAEcoNd.jpg (37KB, 580x443px) Image search: [Google]
C0rIF3bUoAEcoNd.jpg
37KB, 580x443px
>>6169884

Here's the SXS version for comparison
>>
File: a535e437gw1fbajdnwt6uj218i0wo44l.jpg (100KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
a535e437gw1fbajdnwt6uj218i0wo44l.jpg
100KB, 1024x752px
>>6169915
The vehicle mode is fine too if you ask me
>>
>>6169884
>>6169885
>>6169915
>>6169916
I think I'll be getting the SXS version, I like how lean Rodimus looks. The MMC one looks bloated to me and something about the way the head is sitting on the shoulders look off. And there's those reused to hell and back Sark thighs. Honestly if the MMC one was the only game in town I'd probably be getting it but it's nice to have options.
>>
>>6169884
this looks like someone tried to assemble a rodimus from a grab-bag of parts lying around and none of them are quite right
>>
>>6169915
I'd rather have this one. It retains a much nicer silhouette, and the back is so much cleaner.

Hell, the figure itself is very clean.
>>
File: 1426267000449.jpg (40KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1426267000449.jpg
40KB, 500x400px
>FansToys fans and GigaPower fans chimping out which unreleased Omega Supreme is better on a toy forum for too-wealthy manchildren
>>
>>6169915
Oh, this one looks world's better. I admit that colored the MMC looked better, until I saw this. There's really no contest imo.
>>
File: Primal5.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Primal5.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
>>6169680
MP Beast Wars has opened up the pandora's box of proper 3P Beast Wars. Of course, we've seen some flirting with the era already, between Perfect Effect's Lio Convoy and Optimal Optimus, and MMC's Beast Machines repaints. However, I think we'll see more MP style BW stuff since I doubt Takara will make more after cheetor at this point; at least not anytime soon. Its been nearly two years since Primal was announced and news of anything after Cheetor has been suspiciously quiet.

I think one huge thing that opened up the Pandora's box for more BW stuff is Takara choosing to do the CGI look for their BW MPs, which allows for the beast detailing to be smooth with detailing done by paint. Previously Its been suspected the reason 3Ps avoid Beast Wars was because of the requirement of sculpting fur/scale/ etc. for large amounts of the toys; especially season 1/ transmetal 2 designs. BW flourished in the era before CAD reigned supreme; the toys here hand sculpted.Of course, 3Ps have vastly improved their sculpting on computers as well, turning to other alternatives like zbrush to give figures a more "organic" feel in places like face sculpts. But if you could just render the vast majority of those organic Beast mode parts as flat surfaces, even better.

Granted, I don't know how advanced 3Ps can paint their figures, since the printing pattern on MP Optimus Primal is pretty thorough.
>>
>>6169884

I like it.

My only real complaints are the mutant feet and yellow hands. Both look odd IMO.

Change the hands to the same color as the elbows and just change the feet.
>>6169915
Those exposed screws on the back side look pathetic.
>>
>>6170650
>Those exposed screws on the back side look pathetic.
That's a first try prototype, there will likely be a few changes before it's ready. I think I prefer it even as-is compared to mmc's chunky one but hey it's nice we have options for everyone.
>>
Anyone here got the Master Cleaver, and Gun set from Professor Heisenberg? Do the guns colors match well with Hasbro FM, and is the handle of the Master Sword painted?
>>
File: hot shit.jpg (21KB, 576x235px) Image search: [Google]
hot shit.jpg
21KB, 576x235px
>>6169884
>>6169885

>dat shit head doe
>those thighs
>those reused shoulder joints
>that bulky backpack
>those wheels making the shoulder instead of being on the back of the arms
>dem bulky ass calves
>those tiny ass feet
>that fuckin vehicle mode windshield being so far back

Why the fuck isn't the mass on the calves integrated into the foot? This design is supposed to have fairly big feet. It's not awful but its still not close enough to hit all of the design's high points. It's got so many elements of that Cassy Tarn concept.

I don't get why MMC at least tries to be generally accurate with the DJD side of the reformatted line and yet and a first string character like Rodimius is remold bait.

>>6169915
>>6169916

This is a lot better in terms of getting his early skinny design right. Unlike MMC's everything is where it should be with the wheel's on the shoulders and the general slim ass profile....but the sculpt work leaves so much to be desired. The knees and thighs are very undersized, The arm claw/gun things look pathetic and nonthreatening.
>>
>GT will release a pointless translucent version of gravity Builder, but no G2 version in sight

Seriously, what's the point of this? For such an obvious redeco, G2 Devastator has gotten so little love.
>>
>>6170839
hah wow that head is shit

do we have close ups of the other ones face yet
>>
What color perfect effect hands/feet look best on G2 menasor? It doesn't look like any have been made with that turquoise color, I'm leaning purple but might go blue. I can't really decide.
>>
>>6170846
Because fuck us, that's why. I hope this thing rots on the shelves and cracks when folks buy it, I would've gone head over heels for a fixed re-issue of this in G2 colors. FUCK.
>>
>>6169931
Likely because it seems to partsform off the roof, though I'd love to be wrong about that.
>>
Noticed that Overwatch Robutt is up for PO while browsing tfdirect
here's link
http://www.tf-direct.com/dx9-toys-dx9-k1-freeman_p1634.html
>>
>>6170846
On that note, why is Gravity Builder so damn expensive and Constructor going foras much as about $200 cheaper? Is GB really that much better?
>>
>>6171021

Constructor is being sold as a box set for 450 and GB has to be bought individually for 100 bux a bot.

The clear version is being sold as a set and it's some special (needs) edition being sold at a higher price because muh exclusives.

Constructor and GB are both the same price when bought individually.
>>
File: atomizer.png (488KB, 450x520px) Image search: [Google]
atomizer.png
488KB, 450x520px
>>6169884
>>6169885
The design was probably compromised for an Atomizer remold.
>>
>>6171093
Well they shot themselves in the foot because now I'm not buying either and I was looking forward to their Rodimus but it's just not doing it for me, it's too far off.
>>
>>6168374
Might be so you can attach armor
>>
>>6170082
GP is making an OS too? Does it look like shit?
>>
>>6168424
I don't think it will be TR compatible though.
>>
>>6171602
Anon, they specifically built the thing to be TR compatible. It was shown off with the TR headmaster exo suits they're also producing. It's why he's a headmaster in the first place.
>>
File: tenor.gif (461KB, 498x492px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
461KB, 498x492px
>>6171613
Well I'll be damned. Now I might have to get the thing.
>>
>>6171093
literally, who?

They should have released that "atomizer" as a kit and then rodimus as a premium version with candy apple red and shiny golden yellow paintjob
>>
Decided to use a portion of my tax return on Carnifex, he's going to make my pile of loot box huge...
>>
File: Finally.jpg (101KB, 666x630px) Image search: [Google]
Finally.jpg
101KB, 666x630px
Praise the Lawd.

FUCKING FINALLY.
>>
>>6168337
>>6168374
>literally CW Magnus arms
what
>>
>>6171752
Great

Tell me when they actually get around to Nova Prime.
>>
>>6172091
It's probably from their Magnus upgrade kit, they're reusing parts.
>>
>>6169884
They should have gotten creative with the name, like "The Dumb Prick Who Contributed to Optimus Prime's Death" or something.
>>
File: archenemy1.jpg (171KB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
archenemy1.jpg
171KB, 956x1280px
Got this guy in the mail the other day. I really appreciate how Fans Hobby kept the pointless greebles to an absolute minimum, it makes him look super slick.
>>
File: Holy fucking shit.png (66KB, 1038x398px) Image search: [Google]
Holy fucking shit.png
66KB, 1038x398px
>>
>>6172541

I don't know who wrote that, but they need to be sterilized, institutionalized and possibly euthanized.
We have a gene pool to consider.
>>
>>6172469
I know it's in the style of the original, but I wish the shoulders had like an optional transformation to make them a little less bulky / entire halves of a truck's nose.
>>
>>6172541
>Maybe T-rex walks on all 4 legs like a rat
Now that's a funny visual.
>>
File: Fans-Hobby-12.jpg (81KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fans-Hobby-12.jpg
81KB, 960x720px
>>6172469
God that looks sick. Agree with you on the greebles, I like a few figures with that every now again, but that stylish animé look just gets me going. Fans Hobby looks to be a great company. I think I like their Overlord better than MMC's...Repungus was a bit tooooo thicc for me, but the rest I've seen have been just right.

>>6172741
Might as well just get MP-10B/KO MP-10B at that point.
>>
>>6172875
Well I would still want the big shoulder pylons, just not big blocks of untransformed truck. Again, just a matter of taste.
>>
>>6167191
These guys are all too small to scale with CHUG figures, right?
>>
>>6172944

Legends class so yeah. They're probably about the size of an old scout.

Combiner wars might be a good size with the combined modes but the paint and detail gap might be a bit much.
>>
>>6172469
Can you give us a breakdown on the materials? I know there's Diecast, but are there any potential rub points? Any other frailties that stand out?
>>
>>6170082
>>6171574
See for yourself. Personally I think it looks really cool, but I prefer Giga's aesthetics to FansToys
>>
>>6172963
That's adorable.
>>
File: impressive-very-nice.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
impressive-very-nice.gif
2MB, 350x255px
>>6173100
>half a meter tall
>>
>>6172963
Which Starscream is that?
>>
>>6173212
Takara's Armada Starscream.
>>
File: box.jpg (332KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
332KB, 1152x2048px
Question for anyone that bought the Fansproject Stunticons. I'm packing these guys up to tell them and was wondering if this guy had anything extra besides his weapon. His tray has an empty space in it on the left, but I'm thinking it's probably a slot that holds the plastic together though the other 3 limbs don't have this in their trays.
>>
>>6173258

I don't recall him coming with anything. The limbs were just themselves and everything that combined came with Motormaster.
>>
What's everyone's opinion on Beast Gorira? I feel like cancelling him for Kultur but I'm not sure.
>>
>>6173298
Get both.
>>
>>6173317
The re-issue comes out at a bad time man. Got Cheetor to pay for and the new Nier coming out next month. I'll just hope that Kultur doesn't sell out as fast with the second batch.
>>
>>6173298

I actually want it for the beast mode. I really like how it looks. I won't buy it until a lot of people have it in hand. All of Perfect Effect's prettier looking releases have the worst tolerances or are fragile as fuck.
>>
File: IDW Omega.jpg (374KB, 1327x690px) Image search: [Google]
IDW Omega.jpg
374KB, 1327x690px
>>6173100

IDW Omega when?
Animated Omega when?

This is Devastator Wars all over again.
>>
>>6173180

New thread
>>
>>6173100
OK, It does look like shit.
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 100

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.