[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tamagotchi thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Tamagotchi_blue.png (66KB, 766x849px) Image search: [Google]
Tamagotchi_blue.png
66KB, 766x849px
I know it's an old thing, but ever since I got my first tama I just couldn't let it go. I'm still collecting them to this day and have a new one on the way for friday. Does anyone else still have a love for these?
>>
>>6160446
RECently bought a tomagotcchi 4u off Amazon. Very fun, there's easy to understand guides out there.
>>
>tfw the only way tamagotchis will ever come back is as a phone app
>>
File: G1toxdax.png (198KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
G1toxdax.png
198KB, 500x667px
Always enjoyed these little guys, which one did you just order OP?

I might be grabbing a Tamagotchi Mini that they're releasing this April, but I don't know if I should bother or not. Price point isn't too bad at least, but it'd be just like the original in terms of lack of games from what I understand.

http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/194081-bandai-japan-rereleasing-tamagotchi-mini-for-2017/

I wish these guys were popular in the west again
>>
They're coming out with Sanrio version of their Mix so you can continue creating genetic abominations

just when I think I'm done giving Bandai my money they do this
>>
>>6162668
also, who cares about lala and kiki? where's badtz maru, keroroppi, and chococat?
>>
File: character_rank_pc_en.png (307KB, 1102x963px) Image search: [Google]
character_rank_pc_en.png
307KB, 1102x963px
>>6162675
I don't know about their popularity overseas, but it feels like they're constantly trying to push their Twin Star Kids merch on their US site. I wonder how popular they actually are?

I know that Cinnamoroll is pretty popular in Japan, but there's hardly any merch of him pushed here. Gudetama seems to be popular both in the US and Japan.

I just realized, they probably got these 6 characters from the popularity contest they hold every year:

http://sanriocharacterranking.com/result

I'm really surprised that they're so high in the rankings, I wouldn't have expected them there at all. Maybe I'm out of touch?
>>
>>6162722
>http://sanriocharacterranking.com/result
>star twins at 6
bluuhh
>Yoshikitty at 7
what the fuck is a yoshikitty
>Pochacco at 11
I can accept this
>Kerokerokeroppi at 13
disappointing, but okay
>Badtz Maru at 17
wait hold up
>Usahana at 37
stop
>Chibimaru at 68
no
>Chococat at 69
NO

what the fuck is happening here, why are there anime girls in the running

I remember Cinnamoroll had a lot more of a push here back in 04, since that's when I learned about him and fell in love

maybe.. maybe I'm just stuck in 2004..
>>
File: 0_222516_9998e381_orig.jpg (104KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
0_222516_9998e381_orig.jpg
104KB, 600x845px
>>6162760
You and me both. Cinnamoroll is by far still my favorite Sanrio character and it's annoying how little decent merch is sold over here for him. Since he's in the new Mix, I'll probably be getting it for that reason.

Yoshikitty looks like some Sephiroth reference, but apparently her design is based off some musician I've never heard of called Yoshiki, a member of some metal rock band from Japan.

Looking this stuff up made me realize how out of touch I am with modern Sanrio, geez louise
>>
>>6162760
Spotty Dotty was my favorite as a child, unaware she was one of their biggest failures.
>>
>>6162969
>some metal rock band
X Japan is one of the most mainstream bands in Japan, dude. It's a household name there.
>>
>>6162984
I remember Spottie Dottie! I guess Pandapple and Nyago are more of their failures. How disappointing.

>Tenorikuma at 72

shit's fixed.
>>
File: bladee.png (637KB, 577x567px) Image search: [Google]
bladee.png
637KB, 577x567px
>6160446
Tamagotchi's are amazing. Even better since my favorite artist fucks with them as well.
>>
>>6162969
Huh, I recognize Loudness, and my dad had an E.Z.O. tape.
>>
I used to really be into tamagotchi, I had at least 4 of them and spent countless hours on them. I'm thinking of getting one for old time's sake, which ones are the best in terms of features?
>>
>>6160446
Out of the fucking blue my mother started up one of the egg ones popular in the 90s
Pretty sure it flew over pretty quickly but it gave me a laugh.
>>
I would like to pick up one of these with the backlight, which one is best as far as features? Will the mix have chococat?
>>
>>6167568
The backlit ones are in color, and all of those are in Japanese if you're okay with that

The sanrio one includes the characters here
>>6162668
So no chococat, which should be a sin
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.