[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Knights of Takeya Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 105

File: takeya knight.jpg (341KB, 1528x1028px) Image search: [Google]
takeya knight.jpg
341KB, 1528x1028px
Old forgotten projects out of nowhere. Maybe that Revoltech base body is still a thing.

>MARCH
Ted(Ted 2)

>APRIL
Venom

>MAY
Deadpool

>TBA
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (5 variants?)

Last thread >>6148121
>>
>>6160037
>Knights of Takeya
What is this that's happening now?
>>
>>6160037
Mythic Legions btfo
>>
>>6160037
PRAISE THE SUN
>>
File: kihei4.jpg (124KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kihei4.jpg
124KB, 768x1024px
>>6160043
When they made the horse, they pretty much said they will make riders for the horse. And the horse had removable back piece for a future saddle. Then NOTHING. Until now. Samurai was also brought up but who knows it might happen too.
>>
>>6160037
Trying to decide on Deadpool or wait for Venom.

Deadpool looks so great but his shoulders just look bad to me. Would Spiderman be worth grabbing, for anyone here who has him, opinions? His head bothers me, the way it's 2 pieces.
>>
>>6160037

I need this
>>
>>6160054
So it's not just me, he does look like a Dark Souls build right? I think the slimness makes it so.
>>
Just got Spidey, gonna learn the figure far a bit, read some comics then post some pics.

I actually think the way the hips are done is really cool so far
>>
>>6160060
The horse also has a removable mane so they definitely planned on putting some kind of cover on it. I need to see the color version of the knight.
>>
>>6160093
Wasn't that for posing purposes it was jointed? I put mine away a while ago.

The neck is definitely a new piece so I think the entire head and neck swaps out with the previous horse. Assuming the horse is not included making it way expensive.
>>
File: IMG_20160131_023136.jpg (1MB, 846x2612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160131_023136.jpg
1MB, 846x2612px
>>6160107
The mane could be completely removed so I assume that was for some sort of neck cover in a future release.
>>
HORSE ARMOR DLC NOW IN FIGURE FORM

WOOOOH

Gotta say though ive been waiting for proper knights like this for a long time. Hopefully there are non rust iron versions
>>
File: IMG_3135.jpg (105KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3135.jpg
105KB, 900x1200px
Anyone else excited for Ted? Not sure if I should go for the Revoltech or figma, but I haven't really sat down and compared the two.
>>
>>6160214
Revoltech has more articulation and accessories.
>>
>>6160037
Welp, definitely getting this.
>>
>>6160037
>>6160060
>>6160043

Anywhere that actually confirms these are Revoltechs? I saw pics of them before but with no real info. I thought they would be 1/6 scale figures from some rando German company.
>>
>>6160379
Well the horse is the takeya horse so that's the give away, I don't know what else you need to tell you this is a takeya revo knight.
>>
>Gothic knight with a motherfucking sallet, and apparently interchangeable armor pieces
>Samurai almost guaranteed to be next
>Probably a Templar down the line

Can Takeya get any more based right now?
>>
>>6160060
Jesus, if this is the future of the takeya line, my dick may explode
I hope to have solid confirmation at WF

It really looks amazing, l wonder if they'll have a color version for this one too
>>
>>6160367
Does it also have the bong?
>>
>>6160037
Just when I thought I was out....
>>
So I fucked up and never got the horse when it came out originally, will this new one be sold as a whole with the horse+armor or are the armor pieces coming with the knight and I'll need to track down a horse separately?
>>
File: Correct.jpg (87KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Correct.jpg
87KB, 600x800px
>>6160531
They pull me back in.
>>
>>6160533
We don't know yet so wait
>>
>>6160585
Thanks for the warning then, will sit it out and see.
>>
>>6160533
Doesn't seem like it. Look at the neck piece >>6160060 it is absolutely sculpted in
>>
>>6160589
Not saying you're wrong, we have no idea, but that's just how armor works. The helmets are separate from the neck armor, and neck armor is solid in jousting armor.
>>
File: Siona1480668314.jpg (98KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Siona1480668314.jpg
98KB, 800x800px
>>6160524
Complete with fake bong water and a separate lighter.
>>
>>6160609
He's talking about horses neck, the armor is molded as part of the neck of the horse with the same articulation as the normal horse. >>6160589
I'm pretty sure it will be a third fourth release of the horse with the rust/color versions of the armor. They will need to make another version for the samurai since their horses didn't where that type of armor.
>>
>>6160631
>>6160533
>>6160589
>>6160585

I'm wondering more if they will sell the knight separately.
>>
>>6160658
I fucking hope so, I already have a horse and don't feel like dumping 150+ to get the knight. I wonder if it will have a face in the helmet though..
>>
I hope if these generic knight does well that we;ll get generic modern military figures.
>>
>>6160693
That's more so in the realm of possibility than you think. The head of Kaiyodo is a huge military otaku, even owns an artillery cannon.

It wouldn't be modern though, probably WWII or JSDF if modern time.

I'm recalling Deadliest Warriors for some reason.
>>
>>6160613
DUDE
>>
Just got my glavenus hunter, sucks that the vulcanlogs are slightly bigger in scale as my rathalos and zinogre hunters look like tiny chumps next to him now.
>>
>>6160861

Can anyone explain what Freeing and Vulcanlog are supposed to be. They seem to be used interchangeable with random Figma, Revoltech, and Sentinel releases.
>>
>>6160870
They're sculptors, Anon.
They sculpt the figures that later go on to be produced.
>>
>>6160870
>>6160880
To be more precise, Vulcanlog is the brand name for the Revoltechs made by Union Creative. Those could be sculpted in-house or by other companies like Kaiyodo or Sentinel. Kaiyodo has their Revos and Sentinel have all their fancy action figures which are distributed by UC. Don't know too much about figma but I assume it's the same, bunch of smaller companies formed a group around one distributor to handle different production of figma.
>>
File: knight1.jpg (63KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
knight1.jpg
63KB, 540x720px
>>
File: knight2.jpg (62KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
knight2.jpg
62KB, 540x720px
Halberd!?
>>
>>6160892
>>6160895
DARK SOULS REVOLTECH WHEN?!
>>
>>6160931
THIS!
>>
heh i guess that mythic legions crap will no longer be relevant thanks to giving the people a decent option for knights now.
>>
>>6160895
is this 1/12 scale? it looks bigger than that green dragon
>>
>>6160931
Unless they pump out DS4 I could imagine these being a decent starting base for a custom.
>>
>>6160937

Revoltechs are smaller than 1/12, sadly. These figures are so beautiful I don't even care.
>>
>>6160068
well... Dark Souls / Demon Souls had some traditional fluted armor designs... so yeah, basically any toy line that aims to have had a more historically accurate knight armors would get Dark/Demon Souls fans happy. It's taken too damned long for one to do it but if it's Kaiyodo and Takeya doing it, it really can't be any better for me.
>>
>>6160993
as long as they fit in with my revoltech/figma/figuarts its cool.
I can't believe this is the first well articulated fully armoured knight from these Japanese companies, this is something that should of been done long ago but better late than never!
fantastic design and a great start to something I hope is done more of.
>>
>>6160398
no he can't, even since the Takeya Buddhist line, he was already my fav toy designer. He got me the Kamen Riders I wanted out of SIC, then the Buddhist art I've wanted toys of... then now poseable knights.

Praise the Takeya
>>
>>6161023
so who or what is Takeya? and what is the logic behind what it chooses to make? I have noticed they always do a rusted version and then a color version why is that? is this line supposed to act as both art/antiques and toy?
>>
>>6161028
Takeya started out doing model kits for Fewture and movie costume work for Kamen Rider era around the late 80's-90's. He's very respected in Japan, one of the most wanted sculptors for anything creature, deities and redesigning iconic characters.

Kaiyodo have had a good relationship with him over a few gashapons that recreates yokais from wall scrolls. Bandai had him start the SIC line, premium sculpts with minimal sculpts, that grew into full-on articulated redesigns of classic Ishinomori / Toku characters.

His Buddhist Takeya line basically recreates statues and Buddhist paintings from famous temples in Japan. There isn't really a logic so far, just things that he seems to strive to be doing. Of course it's beneficial that what he likes are also my fav things that I'd want to see him do. The rusted / colored ed was from Buddhist line where it either replicates the old Tang / Song dynasty coloring of Japanese Buddhist statues and the rust / wood color is from when the Japanese Buddhist art in the era started to prefer the statues being left uncolored to either bronze/wood/gold-layered. It plays nicely too to armors so I suspect that's why these are the way they are. I think this also brings out the sculpt a lot when they're one color with a wash, also makes production easier. SIC line managed to always have premium paint but I think for Kaiyodo this wash style is working.

Jizai Okimono is literally a line made to replicate old toys that were made for kings and whoever can afford them in old Japan. It's a series of art back then made as articulated dragons, realistic beetles and crabs. There's a few of them lying around in museums in US and Japan, last time I visited and lived there.

Long story short... Dream come true toyline for me.
>>
>>6161044
wtf I love Takeya now.
>>
>>6160895
Where are these pictures coming from?
Any website with information about it?
Tried reverse image searching it but couldn't find anything.
>>
>>6161044
wow really gives me a whole new level of appreciation for his work. Love to see this guy do some well articulated yokai too.
>>
>>6161051
>>6161066

glad to contribute, I've been a lifelong fan of his since a kid. I've basically dropped buying every other toy just to hunt all the toys he's done, save for a few gunpla here and there.

I was actually traveling through Kyoto to hit all the temples I've been meaning to visit when the toy line was announced and was just... floored.
>>
>>6161075
are you Japanese? have you ever posted a photo of your collection?
>>
>>6160037
>>6160037

HHHNNGGGGGGGG If these can half-sword or mordhau with that longsword I'm literally buying every figure I can manage to get a hold of.

And if it comes with a decent realistic pollaxe, welp, I guess I'll finally know what it feels like to hotglue my toys.
>>
>>6161111
i can feel your exciting from this, truly! its making myself even more excited for this to be released. But where does your passion come from? are you a history fan
>>
>>6160543
what song does he play?

I personally think it's this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Yi762sQTo
>>
>>6161134
holy fuck that's exactly what I was gonna reply with

let's face it though, that horse was always going to be playing that song
>>
>>6161111
If it has literally ANY articulation that's gonna be a piece of cake. Even ML can half-sword and they're like a B+ in artic.
>>
File: KIMG0123.jpg (340KB, 1058x1488px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0123.jpg
340KB, 1058x1488px
>>6161075
I kind of share your passion, started with the buddhist statues, and now hunting down most of his stuff.

I had the honor to meet him amd get his signature at am event in osaka (like ten minutes from where l live, l was very lucky)

I'm going for my first time to WF in two weeks just for his Kugutu figure by 1000toys.
>>
>>6160937
It shouldn't be too small judging from the size of the horse. Maybe close to figma male Archetype?
>>
I got my Spidey and Figure-Oh. Disappointed the interview about Amazing Yamaguchi was nothing. As I suspected, there is a "comic book freak" at Kaiyodo who was not satisfied with the figures being made so he tells Yamaguchi to make some. I like how the article just calls him Kuromaku, which I'm not sure what the right English word for it is, but just the guy controlling everything from the shadows, like Palpatine. And Yamaguchi knows nothing about comics so stop bitching about that part.

There is a 22 pages feature on AB though, pretty nice.

...2 pages spread for Funko Pop...what a world.
>>
File: 023294[1].jpg (31KB, 770x308px) Image search: [Google]
023294[1].jpg
31KB, 770x308px
>>6161423

>As I suspected, there is a "comic book freak" at Kaiyodo who was not satisfied with the figures being made so he tells Yamaguchi to make some. I like how the article just calls him Kuromaku, which I'm not sure what the right English word for it is, but just the guy controlling everything from the shadows, like Palpatine. And Yamaguchi knows nothing about comics so stop bitching about that part.

>the Metal gear franchise has run its course, now we must consolidate our interests to focus on this fully operational Western superhero market!!
>it shall be done, my Master..

Holy fuck that's kind of awesome, I hope he keeps pushing him to make more comic stuff, gimme a Wolverine!
>>
>>6161085

No, I'm from SE Asia but grew up all over. I've got plenty of Japanese friends and used to date a few, so I've been lucky enough to be able to stay and travel around the country with locals.

I'll post pics some time, my slr got stolen by some hobo in SF and I still have yet to replace it. I'm also in the middle of moving, so I'm still designing some shelves for my Takeya collection, since I've got well over 30 pieces and half of that are 7 inch scale SICs.

>>6161182
man I'm jelly, super mad jelly, I really wanted to go to that event in Osaka, was it the recent lecture? Also, are you living in Osaka working or are you a PR/citizen there anon?

His Kugutu is gorgeous but god damn it, I never thought I'd have to buy a 12 inch toy.
>>
>>6161182
anon, me again, anything you can share about that event would be very welcome. I'm dying to attend one of his workshops but my Japanese isn't good enough to sit down and listen to a workshop still.
>>
File: shelf refugee 2.jpg (952KB, 1774x2364px) Image search: [Google]
shelf refugee 2.jpg
952KB, 1774x2364px
>>6161085

this is most of what I've got so far, bottom left aren't by Takeya, the EVA 01 is from Movie Realization and the Mazinger is by his good friend, Yasushi Nirasawa. I'm currently in the middle of rebuilding my room, as you can see, my old shelf is flaking off, so I chose to remodel it, since I'm already running well out of space shelf wise for my collection and the space can be used better. It's taking a while because I'm actually designing the shelf myself with the help of some friends who are carpenters and interior designers.
>>
File: shelf refugee.jpg (850KB, 2364x1774px) Image search: [Google]
shelf refugee.jpg
850KB, 2364x1774px
>>6161085

This is what I have currently for the Takeya revo line. I'm missing a few here and there, basically just going to buy them all in one go on my next trip to Japan. I'm missing one of the heavenly kings, Ashura regular color and 3 other deities plus Kannon. It's a bit tricky because customs is shit where I live at the moment and since the paint wash varies a bit with some, I much prefer buying them in person whenever possible.
>>
File: ungyo pic.jpg (2MB, 2154x3190px) Image search: [Google]
ungyo pic.jpg
2MB, 2154x3190px
>>6161462
sorry I meant 2 from the bottom right, the EVA-01 and the Mazinger aren't by Takeya.

Also here's a better lighting for one of them, haha. Ungyo, I believe this rendition by Takeya is based off one of my fav statues ever around, off the Todai-ji temple complex in Nara.
>>
File: AYSM_01.jpg (41KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
AYSM_01.jpg
41KB, 384x512px
May I just say fuck off to the anon in last thread who said he can't pose Spider-Man anywhere close to the poster pose?

It was easy, and I didn't even twist the hip joint 180. Sorry for the shit photo though I have a cheap phone.

So far my only issue with articulation is the ankles, but that has always been a tad limiting in Yamaguchi's sculpts.
>>
>>6161488
yes, yes you may, but I think no one else really cared for that guy because anyone familiar with Yamaguchi figures would guess that it can pull off any extremely hunching poses, even my old AB figures can come damned close to that classic comic cover pose, I mean that man lives to give that range of articulation to most figures.
>>
File: 54041.jpg (133KB, 1689x968px) Image search: [Google]
54041.jpg
133KB, 1689x968px
>>6161443
>>6161447

It wasn't his workshop, it was the first day of an exhibition in Abeno Harukasu, with a few of his sculptures on display.

Only the first 30 people would recieve the signature, so I went there like 2 hours early. There were a few people waiting already, but in the end, when I got my signature and everything, the total amount of people who came to the event had just surpassed 20 people.

The sculptures were really cool, and there was a long ass video of him making the sculpture in my signed picture, it was interesting.

He was a reserved and quiet man.

I'm Italian, and I work as an English teacher.
My Japanese is decent, but I don't know any terminology related to what he would be talking about in a workshop, so I decided not to attend any.
>>
>>6161542
So why does one have a giant kielbasa?
>>
>>6161556
It's a bag full of wind.
>>
>>6161542
Man, you're so lucky to live in Osaka. Only a train ride away from all those great spots too... what do you think of the hebikera?
>>
>>6160870
If a figma says it was made by FREEing, it means that it was sculpted by one of FREEing's sculptors rather than one of Max Factory's.
>>
Amazing Yamaguchi flash when?
>>
>>6161666
You mean Batman?
>>
>>6161666
I think Revoltech Flash is a good idea as various running poses does not look so hot for most action figures.
>>
>>6161488
Good job, anon. I'm the dude with the poster, and that okay pretty fucking spot on unlike the horrible job the other anon did.

McFarlane truly is my favorite Spidey artist.
>>
>>6161689
*looks
Fuck this phone
>>
>>6161488
Yeah pretty sure that anon was falseflagging with his shitty posing ability
>>
File: 20170202_210016.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_210016.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6161488
Don't you have any issues with the orientation of the knees? I feel like one should just 'let it go' and not worry too much about it.
Don't have the figure woth me right now but getting Spidey to stand straight up and have his knees face straight toward you is impossible.
Or try to have his knees face straight during a split (or a sumo pose)-they're always sort of angled out and you can't just rotate the thigh because the balljoint is limited in that and the cut is at an angle...

Btw, some anon asked if he can get his legs close together and I attempted to do a 'legs together standing straight up looking as normal as possible pose'.
Pic related. Also did a more natural and heroic looking variation of standing straight up.
>>
>>6161866
>legs together standing straight up looking as normal as possible pose'.

>There are people on this earth that would buy a Revo and pose it like this for display.
>>
File: 20170202_210354.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_210354.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6161866
Sorry about the orientation.
>>
>>6161870
I thought about putting a disclaimer up but didn't. It was purely for scientific reasons I swear!
I also didn't have a lot of time to do muh else with him.
Can't wait to get back home to fiddle some more with him but desu I'm a bit underwhelmed. The legs and shoulders could be better engineered or have better sculpts/gap workarounds.
>>
>>6161866
Not him, but I've had a couple days to mess with him now and I still can't stand the legs. He can pull off the extreme spider-poses, probably the best of any 6" spiderman I own, but there was no reason to have swivel cuts for hips. Even the depressions on the inside of his thighs are positioned wrong, they end up facing inwards when his legs are forwards. It's weird all around.

Also something I only noticed after messing with the eye gimmick some more: the little cup piece that fills out the back of the head actually pushes the eyes out. Either the stems are too long or the piece goes in too deep, but rotating his head causes it to push his eyes slightly out every time, and I already almost lost one because of it. I've taken to leaving it off now, but his head looks really fucked without it.

He just feels strangely halfassed in general.
>>
>>6161880
Oh I know you did it for showing an example but there are people who would do that intentionally without the reason of doing it to show an example.
>>
>>6161423
where can i look at that article for the AB do they have any pictures?
>>
File: DSCF5411.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5411.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>6161462
Good stuff I only own the complete current KT-Project line minus the hebikera. How are the gods. I'm thinking of backtracking since most seem to be available on Mandy and jungle.
>>
>>6161866
No you're right, the knees has to face outwards, but I'm used to stuff like that because it was unavoidable with cut joints back in the day.

Using the rotations at the knee revolver joints is a must. Luckily there is no designs on the thighs to depict orientation so it's not so bad.

I like the diagonal cut joint though, makes it more interesting. I see people's problem, the hip ball joint is not as free range as one would want. It feels similar to Venom Snake. Spider-Man's hips does a great job of keeping continuity in the form even in the most extreme poses. Makes me really curious to see a female tight suit super hero done by Yamaguchi.
>>
>>6161462
Top row third from left. What is that?
>>
>>6161902
Buy Figure-Oh 228? It's 50/50 for text and pictures. I'll post some badly taken photos of the interesting stuff later or tomorrow.

If there were scans of everything online I would really like to know. It's always just Bandai stuff we've already seen.
>>
>>6161908
Not him, but it's Kikaider 01, SIC series.

I love Kikaider, where is my SHFs of the new ones?
>>
>>6161866
Also, wait till Venom comes around. He is double cut joints, no ball hips, and the knees are also swivels integrated to the sculpt. Would be quite limiting to people already bothered by Spidey. Granted Vonom doesn't need to be able to do crazy leg poses.

>>6161895
Paint goop might have made the pegs too long. Just chop off the tip a bit.
>>
>>6161908
that other anon already answered for me, it's the Kikaider 01 set, it comes with a bike+sidecar and the statue diorama to replicate his first appearance. Gorgeous figure, great articulation for what it is too.
>>
>>6161903
I personally love all the gods figures. Pick one that you like the best visually. Articulation is slightly more hampered on the four heavenly kings because they're wearing full armor, if that's part of your considerations but I honestly love all of them.

The KT Project Line is gorgeous, pretty much the only one I'm missing is the samurai skeleton and the hebikera. I might grab a second rust colored dragon to connect to the one I already have and a bone colored yokai skeleton.
>>
File: DSC01385.jpg (332KB, 1162x778px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01385.jpg
332KB, 1162x778px
I'm still not really thrilled, but goddamn, can he hit the anatomy-defying poses.
>>
File: DSC01374.jpg (241KB, 943x778px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01374.jpg
241KB, 943x778px
>>6162413
This one wasn't particularly out of reach for the average legends figure, but he really sells it.
>>
File: DSC01367.jpg (230KB, 1162x555px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01367.jpg
230KB, 1162x555px
>>6162417
I'm particularly happy with how low to the ground he can crawl.
>>
>>6162420
Yeah the neck articulation really makes all the difference.
>>
File: PerfectlyCalm.png (16KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
PerfectlyCalm.png
16KB, 291x300px
>>6161435
>the Metal gear franchise has run its course

FUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUU

Where is my Sam
Where is my Ninja in 1/12th scale
Where is my MGS2 Raiden
Where is a fucking MGS1 or 2 or 4 Snake in 1/12th
Where is Old Snake
Where is fucking Armstrong

Jesus fucking Christ I am so goddamn mad right now fuck Konami, it's probably their fucking fault.
>>
>>6162507
>probably

I won't be shocked if they got them to only pick from a selected pool of characters. The only thing that made this hurt was the revo mini line taking a better scaled Solid Snake and Grey Fox.
>>
File: KIMG0264.jpg (290KB, 1312x1068px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0264.jpg
290KB, 1312x1068px
>>6161581
Hebikera is really cool, but honestly there is not much you can do with it.
The fact it doesnt include a decent stand, at that price, is unacceptable.
Detail is awesome, and l suggest going for the color version, see through wings are a nice touch.
But, it's not worth the release price, at all.
Also, careful because the box is needlessly big, shipping may get expensive just for that.

>>6161903
The gods are very nice, and most of them are cheap, for todays standards.
Sadly it's revolcrap, so expect problems like pieces not staying in socket, badly designed stands, accessories prone to breaking. Also, in most of them mobility is limited by the clothing.
>>
File: IMG_6004.jpg (1MB, 3125x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6004.jpg
1MB, 3125x2208px
Glad to see some true takeya fans on /toy/. Please allow me to brag as basically my entire collection is based around his work and influence. Long time takeya fan here with some of my grails. I also have all three sic hero sagas, fewture alien warrior, 1/6 zeiram and iria 1 vinyl kits, and have beewoman vs hopper on the way.

And of course i have a shit load of sics, makaikadou, takeya revos and jizai okimono. Hebikera included.
>>
File: spiderfun.jpg (881KB, 1688x1916px) Image search: [Google]
spiderfun.jpg
881KB, 1688x1916px
Hmm that LED sword comes out pretty nifty on camera.

Rolling up Spidey into a ball is my new favorite thing to do.
>>
File: spiderfun2.jpg (142KB, 509x682px) Image search: [Google]
spiderfun2.jpg
142KB, 509x682px
Deadpool pretending to be Spider-Man was a thing, right?
>>
File: images.jpg (25KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25KB, 384x384px
>>6162578
Very nice collection!

I only collect moveable stuff, and the takeya stuff l like is basically all with revoltech, which is sad because l really don't like their joints, and many of their production decisions.

In two weeks I'll have my kugutsu enji (fuck japanese people and their inability to properly use romaji lol)
It will be my most expensive figure till now, but it's just too amazing and l need it..
>>
>>6162617
I think there was a recent comic series covering the two.
>>
>>6162617
I was wondering why this one was so much smaller, I shrunk it twice oh well.
>>
>>6162622
Is it the same one where they fight a lady who is a hybrid of their DNA?
>>
>>6162617
Literally the first thing I did when I saw those hands.
>>
>>6162625
Yeah

http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-spider-man-deadpool-itsy-bitsy-daughter/
>>
File: DParcher.jpg (189KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
DParcher.jpg
189KB, 735x980px
Messing with these really makes me want an archer out of this line. So easy to strike all the right poses for that, which is apparently difficult for other action figures.
>>
>>6162617
Look at his left leg/knee. It just doesn't line up properly and I think it'd be at least a bit cumbersome to fix the orientation.
>>
>>6162661
I know, and you can't by design. If you're too OCD about such things you can't play with this revo.
>>
>>6162661
>>6162677
Wait, so you can't just use the thigh rotation to fix that? It has to be misaligned in order to accomplish those kind of poses?
>>
>>6162694
Pretty much. That's diagonal rotation for ya.
>>
File: ant man.jpg (67KB, 400x598px) Image search: [Google]
ant man.jpg
67KB, 400x598px
Jizai Okimono Ant + Amazing Yamguchi Ant-Man collaboration when?
>>
>>6162703
Well that's fucking horrendous.
>>
>>6160037
I hate those helmets
>>
>>6162578
Oh man you got the Jomon demon god and the fewture Alien and the angle of hunter gashapon. Did you go to the exhibit in Tokyo?? I really am waiting for someone to get him to do his Alien design as an articulated figure.

That Hakaider statue is a longtime fav of mine too but I will say the SIC has kept me happy too, and that I restrict my collection to his action figures.

Where are you based at anon? It's always nice to find fellow Takeya fans. The man's underappreciated still, despite so many toys carrying his namesake.
>>
>>6162621
Kugutu is incredible and I do plan on getting it as well, but I am actually waiting for the release of the black and red version. It is so close to my ideal form of kugutu that I would likely pay upwards of 400 for it...
>>
File: IMG_0851.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6162827
I actually couldnt go to his exhibit. I wish I could have!!! I just found the ogre god (ancient pottety edition) on mandarake of all places. Same with the old man bust.

I'm from Cali, temporarily in Michigan. Nice to see some /toy/ soldiers with similar taste! I am also a fan of the late Nirasawa and their buddies Amemiya and Terada. They are such a power group of everything I like!
>>
Huh, Bandai is showing up to WF. Interesting, I wonder if Kaiyodo got lots of money thrown at them or let bygones be bygones. Hell I don't really know how all of that works.
>>
>>6163095
Terada I've hanged out a few times with, got a few original drawings by him. I was telling him my dream is to meet Takeya and Nirasawa... and then Nirasawa passed away the year after... Yeah, that Hakaider set, I've got it signed by Takeya. Some guy on ebay was letting it go mint in box for $60 so I instantly swooped it up.
>>
I suppose I'm going to have to be the odd duck here. I find most of Takeya's work really ugly. Same with Nirasawa.
>>
File: 20170203_233523.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_233523.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Shit i broke one of deadpools swords, is this fixable? Can i use superglue?
>>
>>6162605
Where'd you get that sword and how does it work?
>>
>>6163281
not him but it's a recent item from Kotobukiya as part of their Modeling Support Goods line. Three different colors, red blue and green and you can get them for about $15 on Amazon. Each pack comes with a single LED hilt, 2 pairs of different shaped sabers or the choosen color and 2 pairs of clear sabers.

When the battery dies out you can replace the hilt with an LED fishing bobber.
>>
>>6163269
YOU'RE SHIT OUTTA LUCK, CHIMMICHUNGO
>>
>>6163269

You're basically fucked, but the best thing you can try to do is get a needle that's thin enough stick into even the blade half (which will be a very small needle in this case which is probably why you're fucked) and heat it up, use it to kind of bore a hole in both ends, and then cut a short peg piece of the needle to use as sort of a support rod to hold the two halves together, and then you put some super glue on the peg and/or in the holes you're inserting the peg into so both haves are glued to the peg, as well as gluing the two halves to eachother around the peg
>>
>>6163269
>>6163329

Try a staple instead of a needle
>>
>>6163269
It's a good idea for anyone handling toys to have the right tools for such situations.

Thin brass rods, pin vice, hobby knife, nipper and some 3mm plastic rods would be handy to have around. And super glue, I like the gel type.

Drill holes for a short piece of brass, make some cross-stitching cuts on the surface for the glue, slide in all the pieces and it should be stronger than ever. 3mm plastic sticks are for the bigger stuff.
>>
File: P1070800.jpg (533KB, 1936x1516px) Image search: [Google]
P1070800.jpg
533KB, 1936x1516px
Finally is here!
>>
File: spider 2 right hands 2.jpg (192KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
spider 2 right hands 2.jpg
192KB, 2136x1424px
Anyone here have 2 left splayed hands? Mine came with 2 right and I doubt HLJ can do anything about it right now.
>>
>>6163882
They could give you some store credit at the least. Won't be much but better than shipping it back for a refund which would be option 2.

Hope you find someone with 2 left hands so both of you get made whole.
>>
File: spider 2 right hands.jpg (183KB, 2136x1424px) Image search: [Google]
spider 2 right hands.jpg
183KB, 2136x1424px
>>6163887
Yeah it totally sucks but meh whatever.

Hoping someone here is in the same situation with a lefty.
>>
>>6163893
i'll let you know when mine comes in
>>
>>6163882
Your not gonna try and contact the producing company for a replacement anon? Normally a single e-mail can get the ball rolling with these kinds of things.
>>
>>6160895
>>6160892
>>6160060
>>6160037
very interesting. i wonder how they will do the articulation around the tassets and couters. they better be able to wield their weapons in both hands.
>>
>>6163912
Revoltech themselves wont replace it that's for sure. As for HLJ I emailed them already but they're closed on the weekends.

The main problem with HLJ is they'll usually replace if its in stock. I doubt its going to anytime soon so its probably on a limbo at the moment.

Its not too bad if I display the splayed hands from a distance during posing but its rather unfortunate.
>>
File: wakefiekd_battle.jpg (180KB, 647x470px) Image search: [Google]
wakefiekd_battle.jpg
180KB, 647x470px
>>6163917
also fuck dark souls for perverting the style of Maximillian, late medieval, and renaissance armor styles. i hope they never get figures.
>>
>>6163928
Fuck off. I liked medieval armor way before dark souls came out
>>
>>6163893
spidey can do everything synth human can right? and he's bigger?
>>
File: sad-spiderman.jpg (71KB, 582x335px) Image search: [Google]
sad-spiderman.jpg
71KB, 582x335px
>>6163893
>tfw you bought spider-man from hlj and the synthetic human directly from 1000toys
>spider-man's been chilling on the desk for days now and the memebot's still not even shipped
>>
>>6163882
definitely shoot them an email. last time i had a figure that was missing one small piece, they had me ship the figure back and sent me out a replacement once they got the defective one back. i recall them reimbursing me for the shipping too
>>
File: 1340083161596.png (433KB, 664x446px) Image search: [Google]
1340083161596.png
433KB, 664x446px
>>6160037
>that image
I am ROCK FUCKING HARD

WF soon I hope these are real.
>>
>>6163928
as if
they're the only game to get even close to the real thing
>>
>>6163970
modded mount and blade?
>>
>>6163984
Doesn't count when it needs mods to make it happen, anon.
>>
Is anyone else's spidey stuck in posting/collection on the tracker? It's said that all week now.
>>
>>6164058
yeah
>>
File: qsRlzHE.jpg (107KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
qsRlzHE.jpg
107KB, 600x800px
Anyone for Vulcanlog Dino Getter?
>>
>>6164058
Yup, mine is too. Dated January 30.
>>
>>6164289

Is that the same or different from the Sentinel one?
>>
File: FIG-IPN-5104.jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-IPN-5104.jpg
87KB, 600x600px
Man is the Drifters figure really this orange?
>>
>>6161488
Would be better is your sausage fingers wasn't there. Also can the toy stand in its own without your hands supporting it?
>>
Got my response from HLJ and as expected can't be replaced due to it being discontinued. Oh well at least I can get 1k yen offf my next order.

>>6163958
Its a bit sad when HLJ can ship your items quicker out of all places.

>>6163948
Pretty much but Revoltech in general is just harder to pose due to how the joints work. The Synthetic Human is a pretty natural figure to pose and play with.
>>
File: IMG_20161111_091617.jpg (1012KB, 1146x1850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161111_091617.jpg
1012KB, 1146x1850px
>>6164387
>>
>>6164456
I have thin pretty fingers thank you very much. Yeah he can I was just taking a quick photo in the hallway where no one would see me to dismiss another photo. Wasn't trying to take the perfect photo.

Three point stand, so not difficult, but body tilt might be off from the poster because you need to have that sweet spot for balancing.
>>
>>6164584
>harder to pose due to how the joints work

The revo joints themselves are the simplest of joints and are not the problem. It's like saying figma and SAS are hard to pose. Ratchets doesn't make things difficult either.

The parts where the revo joints are not used, like cut joints, and the angles the joints are placed in that seems to confuse folks.
>>
>>6164693
>that seems to confuse folks.
Deleted something and the sentence got broken.
are the things that seem to confuse folks.
>>
File: snake+and+bake.jpg (292KB, 2564x1709px) Image search: [Google]
snake+and+bake.jpg
292KB, 2564x1709px
>>6164693
I have no problems posing a Revoltech I just find other lines much easier that's all.

Revoltech is more stylized in most situations and having them in neutral poses is a lot more work than your typical action pose which is what its made for.
>>
>>6164701
I figured as much, just see that expression all the time and thinks it gives people the wrong idea. Not the joints but how they are used. Perfect example is any of the Assemble Borg guys, they are straight up normal for joint placement and angles.

It's really just the Yamaguchi ones. And it wasn't so bad when revo joints were used for the hips. Kind of ironic how that became more of an issue switching to ball joint hips. It does a fantastic job of covering the gap of the hip even in the most extreme poses though, love to see a lady revoltech made this way.
>>
File: k1.png (628KB, 471x628px) Image search: [Google]
k1.png
628KB, 471x628px
Some more pictures for scale
>>
File: k2.png (496KB, 470x626px) Image search: [Google]
k2.png
496KB, 470x626px
>>6164780
>>
File: k3.png (628KB, 472x628px) Image search: [Google]
k3.png
628KB, 472x628px
>>6164782
Its at the wonder festival apparently, anyone know if its popped up for pre-order yet?
>>
>>6164782
>>6164780
>>6164783
Looks awesome.
Doesn't look like it's been tainted by Yamaguchi's retarded ideas.

What's the scale?
>>
>>6164783
>>6164782
>>6164780

please sell knight separately so I can buy a bunch
>>
File: C3vkSNoWYAAPSvL.jpg (134KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C3vkSNoWYAAPSvL.jpg
134KB, 768x1024px
>>6164783
That is not from Wonder Festival you retard, that's on the 19th. This is from the Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair at Nürnberg, which was held from 1st to 6th February. This is the first reveal/debut, so PROTOTYPES ONLY, NO PRE-ORDERS ATM! Follow the faggot: https://twitter.com/sennmusann
>>
>>6164792
Well that's because it sculpted by Takeya, but he has his own limitations for figures as well. Yamaguchi goes for posability sacrificing some cohesion to the sculpt while takeya goes for cohesion and style that might sacrifice some posability to preserve the look of the figure. All I hope is they use the new hips and not revo joints.
>>
>>6164783
Ok he's pretty big, at least Raiden size from guessing, I don't have my horse with me.

>>6164818
Probably will be Revolver joint hips. I think they go for ball joints when the hips are exposed and they want to hide gap in sculpts. With armor on they don't care as much, Yamaguchi's examples would be the new Hunter and BM. So far this series hasn't tried anything fancy with joints.
>>
>>6164937
The glavenus hunter has revo hips? Well that's one less purchase I need to make now.
>>
File: HR.jpg (61KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HR.jpg
61KB, 768x1024px
Christ Senmu, what can you get at a book store that huge? Alien head?
>>
>>6164939
I seriously don't get why that's such a big deal besides the looks of it. In this case is hidden that you can't even tell.
>>
>>6164946
It's not the looks I care about its the function, those hips are shit compared to the new ones.
>>
>>6164966
Not really, you have more freedom with revo joint hips. Close the legs, face the knees forward, not that much of a hustle. Those are what people bitch about after all.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 610x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 610x645px
>>6164943
I'm gonna guess a copy of Giger's tombstone.
>>
File: IMG_20170203_181558.jpg (3MB, 4032x1532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170203_181558.jpg
3MB, 4032x1532px
So stuck spidey into my marvel mess and it's not too bad, just need a better pose.
>>
>>6164289
Can we fucking stop getting Getter-1s and finish a fucking team? Still waiting for classic Getter-2 and 3
>>
File: AB01.jpg (429KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB01.jpg
429KB, 857x1143px
From Figure-Oh as mentioned. Mostly a catalog of all ABs and how it came to be.
>>
File: 1482541691131.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482541691131.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>>6163928
>fuck dark souls for perverting the style of Maximillian, late medieval, and renaissance armor styles.

armor purists virgin ranting. jesus now I've seen everything.
still, just as exhausting and annoying as "Why is she wearing a metal bikini REEEEEE!!!"
>>
File: AB03.jpg (283KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB03.jpg
283KB, 857x1143px
Hope they still come with the sticks.
>>
File: AB04.jpg (310KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB04.jpg
310KB, 857x1143px
I love how it comes with all these items, like animal toy, mic, bunny ears, and wings.
>>
File: AB05.jpg (291KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB05.jpg
291KB, 857x1143px
They say they want to have a more expanded universe than just a linear story, so these I.O girls are more relaxed and even the Jarknoids are not super vicious.

We can expect more in the future diverging in styles and themes
>>
File: AB06.jpg (331KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
AB06.jpg
331KB, 1143x857px
>>
File: AB07.jpg (389KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB07.jpg
389KB, 857x1143px
They will have Armoroid 6 variations at WF, and they will take a poll for the color schemes. Not sure what that means exactly to how many they intend to make. It looks like they will have different weapons too.

There were suppose to be a Jarkroid vehicle but that got crapped because someone else was making a similar item (probably the new Kotobukiya series). The want to make a color variant of Jarkroid though.
>>
File: AB08.jpg (246KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB08.jpg
246KB, 857x1143px
Revolver joint prototype.
>>
File: AB09.jpg (343KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB09.jpg
343KB, 857x1143px
And some crazy assembles. Year of the Rooster.
>>
File: AB10.jpg (352KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB10.jpg
352KB, 857x1143px
That space ship Kaiyodo didn't make.
>>
File: AB11.jpg (326KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
AB11.jpg
326KB, 857x1143px
Movie Revo from any of those films would've been great.

That's it. Haven't read everything yet but those images were the new stuff.
>>
>>6165145
holy shit, when people said they were doing a milenium falcon, I thought it was gonna be like their x-wing. This is just straight up some lego technic MOC shit, I'd have been way more interested in that.

But way to bury the lede, is that the MOTHERFUCKING WAR RIG FROM FURY ROAD HOLY SHIT?
>>
>>6165152
I think you misunderstand, this is just some AB builds. MF was made and produced to a certain level, then they cancelled it. It was just like the X-Wing, but had light up feature. Some factory problem shut it down.
>>
>>6165152
Ah ok, I assumed it was semi-official due to the front bits.
>>
>>6165172
Those big bits are from the Tristriker.
>>
>>6164966
wait... what's the new ones??? the new ones aren't using revoltech joint for the hips or are you talking abt the old cut swivel joint style??
>>
>>6165180
New ones are ball joints, Venom snake, Deadpool and spidey use regular ball joints for hips.
>>
>>6165180
We were talking about ball joints vs Revolver joints for the hips.
>>
>>6164780
>>6164782
>>6164783
>>6164817

Please, please, please, please sell fucking well because I'm pre-ordering all of these, whether that knight is a $200 set with that horse or if they're smart and sells them all separately.

Really fucking hope this won't be a sudden foray into limited release of some shit.
>>
>>6165183
>>6165190

ohhh okay, I'm out of touch with the new revoltechs then. My last Yamaguchi revoltech was Raiden. Next one will be Venom... and those damned fucking knights when they are finally released hot damn yes.
>>
Spider-Man pics on 2ch http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3633209.htm
>>
File: 1486239941719.jpg (707KB, 1600x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1486239941719.jpg
707KB, 1600x2500px
>>6165358
>>
File: 20170204_205348-1.jpg (385KB, 2128x2350px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_205348-1.jpg
385KB, 2128x2350px
>>
File: 2017-02-04 22.57.33.jpg (127KB, 1078x933px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-04 22.57.33.jpg
127KB, 1078x933px
>>
File: evas.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
evas.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
Playing with Spider-Man makes me want TV Evas sculpted in this fashion. Body proportion is ideal with the neck, arms and thighs. It would be nice to have Eva figures that looks like there is a "person" inside rather than stick people Kyoshinhei and still be crazy poseable.
>>
File: IMG_20170204_130434_927.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170204_130434_927.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
The legs feel over-engineered to me, not sure why they went with hips that barely swivel, then secondary hips that pivot, knees with an awkward cut that impedes motion, and utterly pointless shin joints.

That said, once you figure out how to handle it, this thing is a ton of fun to pose and looks great.
>>
>>6165445
good
>>
File: IMG_20170204_173050.jpg (2MB, 2151x1919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170204_173050.jpg
2MB, 2151x1919px
>>6165445
It's funny I put mine in a similar pose.
>>
File: vectorman.png (65KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
vectorman.png
65KB, 320x240px
>>6165549
> looks great.
>>
>>6165445
>>6165574
I mean, it's the main pose on the back of the box, so...
>>
>>6165549
I've kind of come around on the legs, but it's definitely a two steps forward, one step back type of deal. They're functional as hell though so I guess I can't really complain. Also he fixed the giraffe neck, which was my #1 problem with deadpool.
>>
>>6165579
>we will never get a vectorman figure ever
thanks a lot sega
>>
>>6165190
Can anyone post pics of the new style hips?
>>
>>6165199
Considering all of the reactions, I can't imagine these not doing well. They look fucking fantastic. and will be a guaranteed buy for me. Considering the minor differences I may get both, which is something I rarely do.
>>
File: these hips frequently lie.jpg (332KB, 982x819px) Image search: [Google]
these hips frequently lie.jpg
332KB, 982x819px
>>6165642
Two balls at the end of a y-joint like your average figma.
>>
>>6165754
thanks anon
liking this a bit better than the figma ones, which always look like they are gonna break
>>
>>6165754
I just realized that the pouches on Deadpool's left side are upside-down. Had to check my own to see if it was a defect, and yeah, there they are.

Isn't that strange? When he opens them, everything will fall out!
>>
>>6165793
Yeah, but apparently it's accurate.
>>
>>6165793
This is Deadpool we're talking about.
>>
>>6165793
That's the point, he opens them and whatever is inside it falls into his hand
>>
>>6160851
WEED
>>
File: 1199087.jpg (139KB, 600x929px) Image search: [Google]
1199087.jpg
139KB, 600x929px
>>6165793
Accurate to this certain costume.
>>
>>6165754
dick n balls with pants
>>
>>6166116
You must have one horrifying penis, anon old chap.
>>
>>6165754
You know what's ingenious about these ball joints that I think many missed, is it has a rough surface. Pretty sure that gives a better, smoother traction.
>>
File: IMG_20170205_083452.jpg (795KB, 1648x885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170205_083452.jpg
795KB, 1648x885px
Spidey can get so low.
>>
>>6166485
He can go lower.
>>
File: IMG_20170205_083601.jpg (1MB, 1154x2200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170205_083601.jpg
1MB, 1154x2200px
>>6166578
He could but then it wouldn't look plausible, this fits with the anatomy and keeps from looking too fake.
>>
>>6161044
Thanks for the info, anon. I just got into his Buddhist line (waiting on my first one - Jikokuten - to arrive). They are such beautiful figures.
>>
>>6165793
Well I believe they are for magazines, and although I'm no gun freak, as a person who has gone through military I know that some battle vests have the pouches for clips upside down, because digging a clip out with your fingers from a small pouch in the heat of battle can be an almost impossible feat.
>>
>>6165380
hnggg.. mines in the mail office at this very moment. Can't wait to get it.
>>
>>6160993
Smaller than marvel legends =/ smaller than 1/12
>>
>>6166595
You're probably right but then again a lot of comic book artists bend he rules of anatomy.

Nice picture!
>>
>>6166598
you're welcome and jikokuten is an interesting choice for your first takeya revoltech
>>
>>6166743
I wasn't sure which one to start with, but I like his trident and green is my favorite color, so I'm really excited to see him in person. I'm thinking of putting the whole set in a display with my other Buddhist items (little Buddhas and such) when I get them.
>>
File: 1468207547712.jpg (118KB, 1209x907px) Image search: [Google]
1468207547712.jpg
118KB, 1209x907px
>>
>>6166965
Shweet!
>>
File: 1455974891988.jpg (381KB, 1209x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1455974891988.jpg
381KB, 1209x1810px
>>6166965
>>
File: 1468861830844.jpg (433KB, 1210x1813px) Image search: [Google]
1468861830844.jpg
433KB, 1210x1813px
>>6167002
>>
>>6167002
>>6167019
Amazing Yamaguchi!

Makes me want to get some Ultimate Spiderman figures.
>>
>>6166485
>>6166595
>>6166965
>>6167002
>>6167019

>Buying spiderboys
>>
>>6166965

I only pre-ordered Venom because I didn't find the sculpt for Spider-Man as enjoyable, even though I love the revoltech style for most of the time... but this Spider-Man is starting to get tempting
>>
>>6162578
There was a 1/6 Zeiram? I only know of the one that's approximately SIC-sized.
>>
>>6164387
In person it's a kinda tomato soup-y color. It's red-orange basically, but I'd prooobably call it a hair more on the red side than orange. It's not unpleasant to look at.
>>
>>6165136
Ohhhhh fuck. That red one is sick.
>>
>>6160037
there will be a spidey reissue soon right? r...right???
>>
File: chicken tendies.png (402KB, 588x598px) Image search: [Google]
chicken tendies.png
402KB, 588x598px
>>6168072
>>
>>6168072
Stands to reason it will since Deadpool did. And there are tons of Spider-Man movies in the future so there are plenty of opportunities to push Revo Spider-Man again.
>>
>>6165458

Just a reminder, blue Unit 00 for life.
>>
>>6168264
Deadpool's release is most likely to make up for him being taken down from most international retailers for legal reasons. Now that they've gotten those ironed out and can release him internationally with no problems, they're giving everyone another shot.

So while a Spidey reissue is definitely possible, because Spider-Man is insanely popular, Deadpool getting one doesn't necessarily mean anything.
>>
>>6168072
yes, but it will be black suit variant
>>
File: 18.jpg (652KB, 1653x929px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
652KB, 1653x929px
Revo Spidey arrived and he's probably the most modern revo I've had this much fun posing since Raiden. His left leg and hip piece sort of pops out whenever I move it too far out but I'm having fun and ideas are starting to come to me for a fight display.
>>
File: 19.jpg (878KB, 1636x920px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
878KB, 1636x920px
>>6169107
And until Venom arrives I guess Ultron will do but they made a great call with the web rope being an accessory you can lasso figures with.
>>
>>6169107
>>6169109
Is that the exclusive impact effect or did somebody finally get around to making a bootleg? Nice pics btw.
>>
>>6169145
Exclusive. I got really lucky on an AmiAmi preowned listing.
>>
File: 1486387922555.jpg (239KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486387922555.jpg
239KB, 768x1024px
>>6165358
Oh 2ch, never change.
>>
>>6169546
KEK
>>
>>6169546
GOAT photo
>>
>>6165121
I know, it's baffling. I can understand the 'boob plate'complaints, I can even understand people not complaining about Monster Hunter whenever people mention that as a more 'realistic' example of armor in game. But Dark Souls? Sure there are some stylizations, but this is a JAPANESE game that is somehow popularizing the image of a knight/warrior character who is defined by a plain generic helmet rather then being defined by gorgeous long blond hair that exists only in a shampoo commercial in real life. If it was set in real life setting, then I could understand the rants, but I feel like the armor fits the setting and that is what matters most.
>>
>>6170220
>not complaining
ignore that 'not', wasn't meant to be there.
>>
>>6170220
>Monster Hunter
>'realistic' example of armor
Does my reading comprehension suck? Who claims that?
>>
>>6169022
Deadpool sold out on its own despite restriction. Being a lesser known character and still getting reissued I say the chances are good for Spider-Man. Probably be one of those Revos that gets reissued a few times like Eva-01.
>>
Revo Spidey looks so fun....I wish I could bring myself to buy it. The headsculpt just bothers me so much though. There's something bizarre about the shape and size of it that just looks wrong to me.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-28-10-03-29.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-28-10-03-29.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>6170595
It's the back of it that I figured most people have issue with.
>>
File: IMG_2418.jpg (89KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.jpg
89KB, 1200x675px
My Spider-Man just left Japan yesterday after being at posting/collection for 7 days. That's what I get for choosing RSAL I guess.
>>
>>6170620
Seriously, why is this lip so big? They couldn't have made the head piece thinner?
>>
>>6170755
It's gotta be able to hold the eyes and the peg of the joint.
>>
>>6170779
Those two things depend on the friction between the pegs and holes. They could've tapered the edge of the head piece and thickened the filler piece
>>
>>6160543

>...we have to lose that sax solo!
>>
>>6170831
Don't think I've ever seen a Father Ted reference on /toy/ before.
>>
>>6170835
yfw Yamaguchi shows off a new Father Ted revo?
>>
>>6160543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jbP1_H9sA
>>
>>6169546
I adore the squinting eyes they look great I'm probably displaying most of the time with those when it gets here
>>
First off let me say I really dig Spidey but one thing definitely ISN'T right - the legs. And I think I finally figured out exactly what it is. It's not just a 'boring sitting/standing in a nonintended way' issue. He can't bring up his legs and inside. Think knees up towards the body core/to the side like a Captain Tsubasa kick.

>>6171053
Pic related. Just put up a few pics in the photo thread and don't feel like reposting. Especially the one where he's throwing Bruce Lee would've turned out nicer if he had the ability to cross his legs in this way.
I know older Revos had less issues with that. *

*Now, I'm pretty sure it isn't impossible to fake it convincingly with smart posing but it's damn cumbersome.
>>
>>6170220
>Monster hunter armor = can still look cool.
>Boob plate = Doesn't look cool or sexy.
>>
>>6171062
I'm not a fan of the legs either, but I have no idea what you're trying to get across here.
>>
>>6171062
>>6171123
Yeah, you just seem bad at posing to begin with as well
>>
>>6171062
You just need to twist his hips and put the left knee up to get a better pose out of the legs.
If I can get him to look good in a static pose >>6166595 you should be able to get his legs into any pose needed. You can rotate the inner hip part to get the cut joint into the orientation you need for whatever pose you're trying todo.
>>
>>6171130
That hurts.
>>6171123
>>6171138
pic related. The inner hip joints have limited wiggle room, the outer cuts are at an angle making this either very hard or weird looking(knee orientation).
pic related

I'd be happy if you could prove me wrong.
>>
File: IMG_3485.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3485.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>6171169
I'm an idiot.

Notice how she isn't crunching and the hips aren't rotated.
>>
>>6171174
Well she isn't trying to throw somebody with a lasso so her mechanics have her keeping her body upright. For the spiderman pose you're gonna want something similar to pic related., it conveys that whatever he has in the lasso has some weight and makes his pose more believable.
I can't show you with mine until tomorrow since I'm stuck at work til 6am but I can probably get something together tomorrow.
>>
File: 2017-02-07 21.35.05.jpg (254KB, 918x1630px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-07 21.35.05.jpg
254KB, 918x1630px
>>6171169
>>6171174
Ah, so you're saying Deadpool can compensate for lack of forward hip movement with the straight thigh swivel, but Spidey can't cause the hip swivels are at an angle?

That's disappointing to hear. Haven't gotten mine yet, but I can see that being a big issue
>>
>>6168052
>6164662

How fun is it? I've been eying it for a while and can't make up my mind
>>
>>6171193
You're right. After looking at the picture again, which I compressed horribly, it doesn't look right anymore. Probably never did. Will improve it later on. I always try to act out and use myself and pictures for reference. The idea was to have Spidey do a really exaggerated lasso throw out of/into a jump or something like that. Imagine yourself standing straight up and yanking on a web to the left, then turn your whole body to the right and really put your body into it, moving your hips/jumping/whatever.
Either way, I'll improve on it.

Regardless, the knee is a general issue.

>>6171196
Yes, I think that's it. Again, I'd love to be proven wrong or even get pointers as to how you could fake it. It's not like it's NEEDED, but it's disappointing nonetheless. I mean, Yamaguchi sacrificed sculpt and looks for articulation which is entirely okay in my book and Spidey is a damn fine and fun figure, but it feels like he -for whatever reason- didn't go all the way.
If Spidey only had ball joints in his hips, his leg ariculation would suck. So adding these cut swivels is a good thing but Revo joint's instead of ball joints or even two revo joints (one for ball joint, one for the cut) would've looked the same and worked even better.
>>
I've got about $50 on Amazon and I want some cool robots. What are some Revos that meet these criteria?
>>
>>6170620
I have problems with both the back and the front. From side view it looks like he has only half a head, and his face seems really...squished somehow. I would have liked better nose definition/eye placement--right now it looks like the mask eyes are placed a tad low given where his nose pokes through the mask, and the whole area seems rather rounded and soft. I would have liked a more defined facial contour, I guess.
>>
File: c04675be.jpg (57KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
c04675be.jpg
57KB, 1280x848px
>>6171199
Toyohisa is a fucking spectacular looking figure. He lends himself well to really badass looking poses, and his gigantic expressive eyes really sell the crazy. HOWEVER...

I don't enjoy posing him very much compared to other (modern) Revos. His "belt" is just loose and floating, and I feel like it always annoys me to work with. The two red armor plates are on joints too and they sometimes fall off. I dunno. Maybe I'm just whining too much, I haven't heard too many other people complain about him. But my personal opinion is that the whole waist area is kind of annoying and makes me want to play with him less than say, Snake or Raiden.
>>
File: DocOctMU3.gif (32KB, 331x524px) Image search: [Google]
DocOctMU3.gif
32KB, 331x524px
I just realized how cool an Amecomi Ock might be.
Revoltech jointed tentacles sound like they'd be really rad.
>>
>>6171174
I'm the anon who posted. Can't sleep and so I tried it on my own. pic related.

He definitely cannot cross his thighs thoughs.
>>
File: 2017-02-08 05.34.17.png (530KB, 441x1036px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-08 05.34.17.png
530KB, 441x1036px
>>6171286
>>
>>6171286
I mean, honestly how many toys can? It'd be nice but it's not like it's a common feature they dropped.
>>
File: 2017-02-08 05.33.40.png (566KB, 480x998px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-08 05.33.40.png
566KB, 480x998px
>>6171287
>>
>>6171288
You're right. I think I hyped him uo beyond all reason, although I'm willing to bet that there's some Revos who can do this.
>>
>>6171289
So what would this look like if you twisted the thigh swivel to try and line it up?
>>
File: C3KtIpRVUAEFLjT.jpg (94KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C3KtIpRVUAEFLjT.jpg
94KB, 1200x900px
>>6171169
>>6171174
>>6171196
So is this the reason Yamaguchi had the left leg orientated weirdly in this pic?
>>
Have a Deadpool sitting here on my desk. Still not quite sure if I wanna sell it or keep it. Does the figure have any problems, or is it a pretty great release?
>>
Are lots of people still confused about diagonal cut joints? Or just talking about the legs can't cross the center line of the body inwards? Because most action figures can't unless the hip joint itself can move (like SHF) or the crotch piece can move or bend (like figma). Revolver jointed hips could do it too depending on the sculpt.

>>6171299
Yeah the sculpted knee faces out. That inner thigh point is suppose to act as a mock knee though. You pretty much need to ignore the knee sculpt for certain poses.
>>
>>6171331
Don't break the swords or handles. You might lose the eyes placed in the face and not realize it right away. Otherwise one of the best Yamaguchi Revoltech.
>>
>>6165118
>>6165128
>>6165133
>>6165134
Damn, close to 300 already. I thought I would've gotten more reactions for the latest AB pics.
>>
>>6171333
>Are lots of people still confused about diagonal cut joints?
I'm confused and asking questions cause I don't have it yet, and cause if they act the way I think they do, it's awful and was a very odd decision on Yamaguchi's part.
>>
>>6171342
You would get it once in hand. I think the reasoning is he doesn't want gaps to form at the hip joints so the range for the ball joints is limited. To get all the wide leg speeding poses and still keep a continuous look with no breaks at the crotch area he went back to diagonal cuts swivels. And it works well for that.

Odd choice really was keeping knee sculpt above the revo joint. Under it the knee can rotate anywhere you want.
>>
>>6171341
I am generally into AB but didn't say anything here because these moe~ designs aren't really doing anything for me. I am excited for the Armoroid repaints though.
>>
File: Asura's_Wrath_SS_9.jpg (529KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Asura's_Wrath_SS_9.jpg
529KB, 1280x720px
>>6171254
Toyohisa is excellent.
I think most of the complaints you might make about him, like his hip or shoulder joints, only arise because because newer technologies make him dated by comparison. The old Dante, for example, is also fairly dated, but a Dante with a modern Yamaguchi sculpt would be baller as fuck.
Also Toyo needs some blood splatter effect parts.

>>6171267
>Revoltech tentacles
>Not Revoltech sextuple arms
>>
>>6171361
That's the thing, he went through the trouble to hide gaps and obvious cuts in the hips, but does shit like that with the knees and shoulders. Where's the line? Either hide it all or don't. Having to utilize the knee swivels to make up for the weird hips makes them look even worse, so in the end, what was the point?

I don't know, I'll fiddle with it in hand eventually and then form a solid opinion. For now, I'll keep messing with Deadpool
>>
File: tumblr_n6q4j8Gmxx1szr7b6o3_1280.jpg (205KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6q4j8Gmxx1szr7b6o3_1280.jpg
205KB, 1280x853px
Speaking of assemble borg, does anyone know what set this is from?

>>6171382
Yamaguchi strikes me as the kind of guy who needs the toy equivalent of an editor. I like his general style, but he's very inconsistent from release to release, just when you think he's nailed something he forgets how to do it.
>>
>>6171392
There are parts from three different sets in that photo.

The bike is just the good ol' Barrels Speeder. Body is Mr. Assemble (Last Run) which is sort of a metallic gunmetal color. That head and chestplate come with him, that's the four-eyed goggle head turned backwards in that photo. The entire bladed right arm, shins, and feet come from Torture Mania.
>>
>>6171411
>There are parts from three different sets
Ah, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the ID though.
>>
File: 20170208_152210~2.jpg (555KB, 2051x1916px) Image search: [Google]
20170208_152210~2.jpg
555KB, 2051x1916px
Does this look better?
>>
>>6170526
notice the " " around realistic. Mostly meant back when MH first came out as well, back when most of the armor actually covered all of the female character's body and when other video games at the time was stuff like final fantasy and what not. Realistic really isn't the right word, I guess perhaps 'Believable' is a more apt term? Like when compared to everything else out there and taking the game's setting into account, their armor made a LOT of sense. You didn't have boob plates or over the top extremely unnessescary flair to the armors. The most outrageous armor was Kirin really.

MH has gotten more ridiculous with their female armor these days, but the male armor still tends to be some of the better examples of obviously fantasy armor done right.
>>
>>6171831
Yes. The stands are distracting, but I'm not sure how you could get around that without editing
>>
File: IMG-20170208-WA0010.jpg (189KB, 1600x1494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170208-WA0010.jpg
189KB, 1600x1494px
>>6171957
Hmm ok, I see. I always put Monster Hunter in the same gaudy over the top fantasy bullshit armor league as Warcraft and the likes but I guess you're right.
>>6171979
My girlfriend actually did that. I know it looks very artificial but I like it. Of course I'm biased.
>>
>>6172029
it does help to understand why people use to praise monster hunter armor designs a lot when you consider the fact the armor is made from the monsters they are hunting. Heck things get put into even more perspective when you look at one of the only surviving examples of ancient armor made from crocodile skin. Looks like something right out of Monster Hunter. Granted there is so little information on this thing that scientists currently beleive it is more likely to have been ceremonial armor for a Crocodile cult. Then add in the fact that analysis of the bone like armor plates of some dinosaurs like Anklyosaurus is remarkably similar in fiber structure to kevlar, then one can really see why Monster Hunter armor feels so beleivable.
>>
>>6172112
Gundam X Monster Hunter Vulcanlog when?
>>
File: IMG_0711.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0711.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
I knew it wasn't worth it with the upcoming releases but my curiousity got to me and I bought this motherfucker. Anyone interested in pics?
>>
>>6172343
Nice. I bought one several years ago, but recently I was trying to do a hadoken pose, and it caused his arm to pop off, sending the torn gi piece from his shoulder to fly off somewhere, and I haven't found it since. RIP Ryu.
>>
>>6172343
>Anyone interested in pics?
Yes, fuck. Anything but Spider-Man is welcome at this point.
>>
>>6172343
Of course.
>>
>>6172343
Post 'em anon
>>
File: 20170209_202840.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_202840.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Loving this Spiderman... great addition to the Display.
>>
Just got my Spidey, but he came with two left forearms and hlj says they can't replace the pieces.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>6160037
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO RELEASE INFO OR PUT THE KNIGHT UP FOR PRE-ORDER! I'VE BOUGHT THE HORSE AND EVERYTHING FOR THIS SHIT
>>
>>6171254
For me it's his wonky-ass hips, otherwise he's a near perfect figure.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 720x960px
>>6162621

Where did you order Kugutu from and how much?
>>
>>6174254
I understand why Spider-man would be upside down, but why are the rest on the roof?
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.