[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Figuarts are finally doing a cloth cape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

File: FIGURE-027663_06.jpg (106KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-027663_06.jpg
106KB, 800x572px
Halle-fucking-lujah, i've been hoping the'd do this for so long.

Shame it's too late to get a cloth scarf for Snipe, but still a good sign if it turns out well and they stick with it.
>>
Why can't they do the same for Doctor Strange?
>>
>>6158981
>Figuarts are finally doing a cloth cape
>Finally
Didn't get Omegamon, I see
>>
>>6158984
I know how you feel, it's too late for so many damn figures.

If they do a sequel it'll probably get a figure with the new style capes, but Strange really aught to have to been the first one to get this treatment.
>>
>>6158981
My friend and I each bought one, largely in hopes the wired capes catches on with them.
>>
>>6158987
God damn, they already had cloth capes and hey were holding them back. Jesus.
>>
>>6158987
Omegamon's cape was awful and a complete fucking lie. It was supposed to be white on the outside and red on the inside. Instead we got some kind of salmon pink looking inside.

He'd of been better off with plastic capes.
>>
>>6159010
>Instead we got some kind of salmon pink looking inside.
I meant to say outside. The inside is red, outside is salmon pink.
>>
>>6158984
Because the cape has a more intricate design.
>>
>>6158981
Looks like shit. Plastic is better.
>>
>wanting wire cape gimmick that will literally break within five months
No thank you.

Only way wire is any good is if you just leave your figure alone in a case unused for its lifetime.
Might as well buy a statue at that point.
>>
>>6159336
I've had wire caped figures for years and none of their wires have broken.

The only way the wire might break is if you repeatedly make radical sharp bends at the same point in the wire back and forth over and over and over and over again, literally dozens of times, which makes no sense since that's not how the capes would move in the first place.
>>
>>6158987
I'm pretty sure everyone forgot about that because of how fucking shitty it ended up being
>>6159336
>break in five months
if you keep bending it like an autistic baby everytime you touch then yeah it will
>>
>>6158981
Why does Bandai keep doing these Mid-2000's incarnations no one gives a fuck about anymore? Same with fucking Star wars. No one ares about shitty voice Batman and his space marine armor anymore.
>>
>>6158981
I seriously hope they fix those manboobs before release.
>>
>>6160142
That's what the costume looked like in the movie.
the chest section of the armor was really thick.
>>
File: ChristianBale.1400007009.jpg (83KB, 1020x679px) Image search: [Google]
ChristianBale.1400007009.jpg
83KB, 1020x679px
>>6160174
The torso articulation is what gives him tits. It sits higher than how it appears in the movie.
Pretty dumb way to articulate a male.
>>
>>6160261
>Pretty dumb way to articulate a male.
How should it be done?
>>
File: Batman-1.jpg (2MB, 1953x2934px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-1.jpg
2MB, 1953x2934px
>>6160261
If you look at the actual costume from the side, you see that those chest pads stick out more than an inch from the ab section. It's REALLY pronounced in dark knight rises.
>>
>>6160267
Cut under the rib section (like a normal human being). Heck, he's already got those separated armor panels in that area.
>>
File: shinki sweater.jpg (91KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
shinki sweater.jpg
91KB, 375x500px
>>6160274
yeah, but that's real life that's done in a very fine manner.
Just like real clothes on toys and articulating toys based on anatomy, it's a stupid way to do it. Toys need to cheat to make it look good.

>>6160298
The Revoltech did it right.
>>
>>6160371
the point was that the big chest, and actually even there being a cut there, is costume accurate.

You can see how the chest piece and ab piece are separated to allow for him to bend forward in that picture.
>>
>>6160274
Wait, so the Figuarts is actually accurate to the movie costume in regards to where the articulation would be in the torso?

Considering how the cut under rib areas are on the IM figures are borderline useless, I guess this would make do.
>>
My only hope is they use this tech for Grievous and a renewal of Vader.
>>
File: maybe lewd.gif (2MB, 420x428px) Image search: [Google]
maybe lewd.gif
2MB, 420x428px
>>6160412
Yeah, the costume had to have a cut there under the chest or else it would have warped when bending and/or restricted movement significantly.

>>6160420
Vader with a wired cape... oh my...
>>
File: accurate yoda robe.jpg (7KB, 225x200px) Image search: [Google]
accurate yoda robe.jpg
7KB, 225x200px
>>6160405
But it looks like shit because there's a 4" scaled gap, instead of the 1/5th" gap that comes from being a human in a flexible costume.
Again, toys require cheats that aren't accurate to look good and actually look accurate.
>>
>>6160438
You can clearly see that the gap isn't anywhere as big as what you are making it out to be.

a 4 inch scaled gap would be a gap from his chin to just past his nose.

Hyperbole isn't going to help you.
>>
>>6160420
>Wired cape Grevious

Damn that would be amazing.

>>6160432
I could see them doing a Rogue One vader as an update like they did with the stormtroopers.
>>
>>6160460
I hope they do. I almost got the mafex vader, which has a wired cape, but I saw one in person and was extremely underwhelmed.
>>
File: captain titties.jpg (35KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
captain titties.jpg
35KB, 540x720px
>>6160444
>Hyperbole isn't going to help you.
Funny, because that's exactly as exaggerated it looks.
That's why other people are saying it looks like he has tits.
It plainly does not look good, unless you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>6160113
Showing MAFEX pleb-tier how it's done, pardner
>>
>>6160113
Nolan's Trilogy is looking even better these days thanks to the DCEU being shit.
>>
>>6160745
It doesn't look like that though. Not to mention, since it's an SHF, it's probably a balljoint with a hinge below, like most figuarts over the past couple of years. So you can just push it in if you want.
>>
Hmm, interesting. The only wire cape figure I have is Figma Drossel but that's a fine cape. Hopefully this will be good, provided they don't use shitty Mezco-tier coarse fabric.
>>
>>6160113
because in case you haven't noticed DC movie universe thanks to BvS is shit
>>
File: abatman142a2.jpg (40KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
abatman142a2.jpg
40KB, 852x480px
>>6158981

>Figuarts are finally doing a cloth cape
>>
>>6161123
>It doesn't look like that though.
Are you denying the fact that me and other anons have been saying it looks like he has boobs?
Or are you just going to claim samefag to deny something so obvious?

>So you can just push it in if you want.
Great, and how many poses will that look good in? Seems pretty dumb to limit the poses you can do just to make it look like he doesn't have boobs, because of some retarded engineering.
>>
>>6158981
pre-ordered this figure on a whim. not familiar with the figuarts toyline, only collecting figma and medicos sas. should i expect to be disappointed? or could this be one of the better variants of the Nolan Batman?
>>
>>6161704
Figuarts is pretty great generally for quality.

Expect it to be pretty good.

They've been doing better than figma lately on a lot of things, especially anything based on real people.
>>
>>6161709
10/10 made me reply
>>
File: figma vs figuarts.jpg (214KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
figma vs figuarts.jpg
214KB, 768x1024px
>>6161728
If you honestly don't think Bandai does a much better job with real life characters then you haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>6161732
Wtf is that torso on figma? I can't believe somebody approved that shit.
>>
File: Really.jpg (14KB, 185x160px) Image search: [Google]
Really.jpg
14KB, 185x160px
>>6161728
Confirmed for subjectautism.
>>
File: Image 2.jpg (325KB, 1524x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Image 2.jpg
325KB, 1524x1524px
>>6161992
>>
>>6161750
It doesn't thin at the waist so he looks fat yet muscular and it's freaking me out.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.