[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your personal win/fail stories of an item you bought or bid on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: bidbuywinfail.png (78KB, 721x452px) Image search: [Google]
bidbuywinfail.png
78KB, 721x452px
Post your personal win/fail stories of an item you bought or bid on
>>
Your mom had a Reserve Price, but I talked her down to $0.10
>>
>>6157531
that would have been funny if you made it tree fiddy
>>
>>6157531
>Reserve Price
Why are these even a thing? So fucking pointless.
>>
>>6157521
>low ball a $40 listed Lego set at $5 with a message asking about if it's complete or missing small parts
>"offer accepted"
on one had this can't go wrong unless the seller just doesn't ship the item of the gives me something that look nothing like his photos on the other hand it makes me wonder what he was so desperate to get rid of it.
>>
>>6157521
Lost internet connection and was outbid.
>>
>>6157538
>that would have been funny if you made it tree fiddy
Please leave Reddit.
>>
>>6157841
It's haunted by the ghost of his molester uncle who used a voodoo ritual and came on them to preserve his spirit.
>>
have bought a few decent prize figures and figma from mandy

got a good deal on a saber figma on ebay once
>>
>>6157521
>Find a World of Nintendo lot of 11 figures for starting $10
>bid that shit
>same guy is selling a 6" Metroid too, for $10
>fucking field day, loving life
>one fucking guy.
>comes out of nowhere, bids on both.
>He just bids a few dollars higher, gives up because my total actual bid is WAY out of his fucking range
>he stops by every day just adding a few dollars
>At this point, this guy is just making me pay more for no reason
>Browsing through the recommended list of WoN figures
>eBay recommends me 5 other figures he's WINNING A BID ON for like $3 each
>It's the same username line up, something like u****9, I instantly recognize that piece of shit
>Self control is out the window
>Outbid him on every single item
>I don't really want this shit though
>In the end, some other guy came in on each case and outbid me thankfully, except for a Retro Mario I kept and bought for the memories
>The asshole is left with nothing
>Feels good, man

Also my other bids went great except like 5 people came in at the last second upping the bid, but I still won with $30 on the WoN lot and $25 on the Metroid
>>
Got two Homura figmas for free from two friends who also watch the show.

Got the female figma archetype next for £19 and I reckon that's good when I see people pricing it at twice of that
>>
>bid on 5 whole set of dolls which are hard to find and go for 50-60$ each
>100 yen starting
>4-5 bidders overbid like 10 yen each
>aaw yiss this is easy
>stay at friends place a day before bid ends
>see notification on phone
>someone bids 1000 yen
>focus hard on bid now because I'll never see this item again
>have battle with this bidder until morning
>hoping he doesn't overbid last minute because it's automatic extension
>nothing
>filled with relieve
>won it for 3400 yen

If it went anymore above I would have probably stopped, mega win for me though.
>>
>>6157521
>bid on something
>highest bidder
>2 days left
>check next day
>still highest bidder
>2 days left
>2 days later
>how many hours left
>2 DAYS LEFT
>what the fuck?
>just ignore it
>get notification I've been outbid next day
>check listing
>5 days left

Yeah, fuck ebay auctions.
>>
File: duroseru.jpg (22KB, 957x150px) Image search: [Google]
duroseru.jpg
22KB, 957x150px
I thought this was pretty good.
>>
>>6159757
Yeah, eBay is fun sometimes because so many people avoid it like the plague. Got Absolute Sandman 1 for 30 bucks a week ago, but my best /toy/ get is Werkstra for 55.
>>
WIN

>Getting into Berserk
>Want to buy Figmas
>Look up prices
>Holy shit
>Almost give up but keep an almost daily search on YAJ
>Find Junker Black Swordsman Huts. Missing all accessories except for fist flesh hand, cannon hand, cape and Dragon Slayer. Only head is the growling expression.
>Win it at 2000 yen or so
>"Yeah, I guess this will have to do."
>Few days later, win another auction for a near-complete boxed Black Swordsman Guts for 5000 yen.
>Only missing cape
>Hahahaha what the fuck?

Needless to say, junker Guts is now a desk toy while he donates his cape to the boxed Guts.

FAIL

>See prize figure coming out
>Better than any other merchandise from before for that show
>Only places showing pre-orders are overpriced US e-trailers
>They want $40 before postage
>Fuck no
>Mandarake puts up listing for 2500 yen
>Aww yes
>Notice I missed a 2000 yen version
>Not even mad
>Buy 2500 price
>Few days later
>HLJ and Amiami start selling exact same figure for below 2000 yen in limited quantities
>Are you fucking kidding me?

Unrelated.

>See item that sells for over 15,000 yen
>Selling for 9000 yen
>Holy fuck yes
>Poor as fuck though
>Need to use middleman to buy from this store
>Need money right then if I want to make the order
>Xmas coming up in a couple days
>Bookmark for later
>Get money
>Sold out
>Literally never again for that price.
>>
Why do so many eBay sellers have shitty cameras? Why do they think a grainy 400 pixel image that's blurry as a foggy window is sufficient to sell their stuff? You can literally buy a good quality used 7.0 MP camera that takes excellent clear photos for $25 or less but they can't be bothered to upgrade from their 1990s model or something.
>>
>>6157521
Not strictly /toy/ but sorta related.

>Be me
>Love RGB
>Have heart attack and need portable RGB LCD on my PS2 for my "Go-Bag"
>Only Joytech made them
>Holy godballs they are hard to find
>One pops up on ebay
>Bid, Bid, get outbid, bid, get outbid by a third guy, bid, get outbid by a fourth guy.
>Day 7, one minute left, $125 so far
>It is also payday
>maywhatevergodyoubeleivinhavemercyonyoursoul
>Bid $200
>Win at $152

It's 8 inches, takes pure RGB from the PS2, doesn't have a silly sticking-out wire like some LCD's did in that era. Displays at full resolution, and has 2 speaker plugs so it can be hooked up as a pure 5.1 surround sound system.

By god, this is a beautiful screen and I treasure it. It was worth every penny.
>>
Anyone else remember several years back when Toys-R-Us had a glitch on their website that made your order free except for the shipping? It was supposed to make the shipping free for orders over like $20, but it was messed up. I got a ton of Clone Troopers and a big meerkat, since everyone else on /toy/ was ordering the same meerkat. Good times.
>>
File: 426960_1272036580573_full.jpg (25KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
426960_1272036580573_full.jpg
25KB, 400x300px
>>
>>6163754
For some reason I'm interested in this, can you post a picture of it?
>>
so how fucked am i here?
>bought mp transformer
>due to arrive on 18th last month
>suddenly have to go on holiday until 20 this month
>its ok have buddy willing to accept so use his address as ive done countless times before
>buddy is aware stuff inbound
>cut to now
>been bedridden because third world sicknesses
>only now able to access tracking
>tracking says recieved
>buddy says it never came

i know its not nessercarily the sellers fault but either the delivery man has done something dodgey, a neibour took it, or the seller has put in a wrong street number and my local post tracking only shows it went to the right suburb but not address, how fucked am i?

and i cant be mad at my buddy that he couldnt check with local post yesterday as he had a heat stroke on the way to the post office asit was insanely hot so now i have to wait until monday , what else can i do?
>>
>>6157521
> looking for new marvel legends waves
> cant find taskmaster anywhere
> pull the trigger on eBay for like $53
> was task master and demolition man
> litterally like a week later , local toys r us restocked with a bunch of that wave
> feel guilty on eBay purchase overpaying like $12 bucks but i guess shipping made up for it
> fast forward like a month or two
> xMen wave stocked at local toys r us
> back at wallmart return line
> tell lady i lost my receipt
> store credit received
> traded taskmaster and demolition mam for Deadpool and Wolverine
> was a sweeet WIN day
>>
>>6164737
>what else can i do?
That sucks man, hope it shows up.
>>
Need some help
>Figure I sent out to someone was perfectly fine, never had any issues
>Just now get a refund request
>"foot is damaged and loose"
What do? I only had the thing out a few times and when I did the feet and legs were perfectly fine.

I'm gunna call up ebay later today because I think the guy is just trying to fuck me.
>>
>>6168094
If eBay won't help, ask for the seller to send the item back to you and tell them you'll cover the costs when you receive it.

Sucks losing money on it but it's better than giving a partial refund.
>>
>>6164737
Contact the post office and ask them where it was delivered. Also contact the seller, and double check with him. Never had anything like that happen, but that's probably what I would have done.
>>
File: Never ever.jpg (255KB, 1137x557px) Image search: [Google]
Never ever.jpg
255KB, 1137x557px
This was the last pre 7k Kira 2nd I've ever seen on Mandy. Got both last June before the hype started.
>>
File: later homo.png (283KB, 451x449px) Image search: [Google]
later homo.png
283KB, 451x449px
>seller has used Mafex BvS armored batman listed for $50 OBO
>offer a cheeky $35
>declined
>offer $40
>declined
>offer $43
>declined
>keeps counter-offering $48.50

I've seen them sell for as little as $37 so he can go fuck himself, at $50 I might as well order a new one from Japan.
>>
>>6170431
Same shit always happens buying on craigslist. >Seller posts ridiculous markup price on item based on local store prices.
>Almost 2x MRSP
>Offer reasonable price minus around online store prices + shipping
>Replies back to fuck off and buy from online store

Every fucking time.
>>
>>6170431
>I've seen them sell for as little as $37

Then why didnt you buy it? Why are you so entitled that you feel just because someone else sold it for XX amount, means everyone else should.

It's your own fault for being slow and poor.
>>
Recently ordered the Hot Toys New Hope Vader for $220 total from Manda, that was pretty good.
>>
>Buy 5000yen nendoroid on mandy
>forgot to change the conversion setting when paying by paypal, end up paying shitty paypal conversion rate
>e-mail mandy asking for another invoice
>mandy customer service was nice enough to cancel my order, issue a refund and sent another invoice so I can pay again
>made the same damn mistake
>too embarrassed to ask again, just gona go with it, its only costs $2 more anyways
>>
>>6168094

Take what the first guy that responded to you said, as well as my advice:

Always take photos of the item as you are packing it for shipping, every angle of the figure, package and then the actual box.

Also make sure to photograph the box with the tracking number on it.

I have saved myself from having to do 5 returns, absolve myself from 3 negative feedbacks. When you have the photos most back off, one asshole tried to keep grilling me over a supposedly damaged box and I put the photos to proof and ebay sided with me.
>>
>>6157521
>Berserk Art of War Guts statue in his Berserker Armor auction on Y!JA
>Limited to 300 pieces, retail price ¥28,000 (about $260)
>Won it for $110
I was seriously super fucking surprised.
I've never seen the statue pop up on auction sites ever before, and the Art of War statues of Guts in his Berserker armor usually go for at least $800. I've seen a few collectors put them up for sale in forums but they ask for at least $250.
>>
>>6170431
That's some dumb as fuck logic right there. The fact a figure at some transient point in time was available for some price doesn't mean you get to have one for that price for all of time. Even if you aren't arguing that there are plenty of obnoxious buyers i've dealt with who show me listings from 6-12 months ago when a price was way lower then get mad at me for using current prices. Gets real fucking old dude.

You should have bought it when it was cheap if you wanted it for cheap.
>>
>>6172765
>toy goes on sale at HLJ/AmiAmi for dirt cheap
>it sells out relatively fast
>some moron misses out on it and finds my listing
>expects me to price match a sale that isn't even available anymore
Every. fucking. time.
>>
>>6172802
>try to sell Gameboy Player controller
>going price is $50 but fucktards at Digital Press and Cheap Ass Gamer want it for $20 because conservatives are poor(implying they won't try to resell it)
>craigslist asshole points to some old online shop listing for a Pelican knockoff at $6 and demands I price match, shop listing is "sold out" too

I hate people who don't know what "current market value" is. They can drink drain cleaner.
>>
>>6163372
>Why do so many eBay sellers have shitty cameras? Why do they think a grainy 400 pixel image that's blurry as a foggy window is sufficient to sell their stuff? You can literally buy a good quality used 7.0 MP camera that takes excellent clear photos for $25 or less but they can't be bothered to upgrade from their 1990s model or something.

They're using their cellphone to list because it is super easy. You can just scan the bar code, take a pic, and list the fucker.
>>
File: 57850546_p1.jpg (207KB, 1153x1528px) Image search: [Google]
57850546_p1.jpg
207KB, 1153x1528px
>Buy boxed G1 Scorponok from japan
>Wait and Wait. Get worried and contact seller.
>Package shows up in us tracking. But oddly skipped customs scan
>Receive Scorponok. Customs destroyed the original box and piled toy into the bottom of the shipping box
>Ponder jail time.
>>
>>6157521
When I was 7, I bid on a small batch of batman action figures for $700 dollars..this was before I knew about decimal points. However, some autist outbid me so I got lucky.
>>
>>6172802
This happened to me, but not on ebay, but instead a local collectibles store. AmiAmi had the figure for 16 dollars, local place was selling for 70. Asked him if he'd pricematch and didnt, so I just bought 5 from AmiAmi and flipped 3 on ebay.
>>
Mandarake story:
>Had 2 orders cancelled on me, but snagged Figuarts Kamen Rider J on the 3rd attempt.
>Add Figuarts Tackle to order.
>Finally have complete set of Showa Riders.
>>
it's always the same for me:

>have no money
>super cheap figures everywhere

>have money
>u want cheap figure!? here price 50% more dollars fuck u!
>>
File: Chen Pondering.png (160KB, 437x597px) Image search: [Google]
Chen Pondering.png
160KB, 437x597px
Not too strictly /toy/, but I've got a YJA story.
>Had recently gotten into bkub's work by finally reading Pop Team Epic and Honey Come Chatka
>Learn that there was a figure made of his Chen a few years back
>Search some auction sites to get a rough idea of how much she goes for preowned
>See a listing for an unopened Chen + bonus Chen-themed credit card
>5k yen for the starting bid; no bidders
>Check previous listings and see that the last auction for an opened Chen sold for about 4.3k
>The card itself goes for 600 yen opened, about 1k new
>Place a bid of 5000, fully expecting to be outbid
>Eight days later Buyee's forwarding her to me
>>
File: 1457153499189.png (10KB, 190x150px) Image search: [Google]
1457153499189.png
10KB, 190x150px
So I'm going to start selling on ebay soon. Some boxed items, so I need some tips.

I know ebay bends over for the consumer for whatever reason, so how do I fight back against people who claim the item arrived "damaged".

What are some ways to best determine the price of a product? Also, how do I consider a price when I take in shipping? How do I know how much shipping will be for a destination?

I know this seems like baby's first ebay, I admit it, but I really don't want to mess up
>>
>>6176123

Also, do you HAVE to price match when you're selling on ebay? I'm not trying to charge like crazy, I just want to know if it s policy or not
>>
Just today
>best offer 35 on $45 item
>counter-offer 30 'I just checked it, the box is damaged'
noice, I'm not a box collector anyway, and...

>check completed listings for item
>it's the cheapest this particular item has sold for

love when that happens
>>
>>6171305
>>6172765
Except you can buy Mafex BVS armored bats for $50 new, so this is not me wanting it ridiculously cheap for no reason. It's not some rare out of print figure so take your hyperbolic shit elsewhere.
>>
>>6176123
Try listing a few of your cheapest things first so you don't blow it when it comes to selling the stuff you'll make the most from. Plus, you'll get some good practice. Doing this might help you with knowing how much shipping will cost, too.
I started off using flat-rate boxes (I assume you're in the US?) but they can cost a lot (I think the shipping rates for the small is about $5, medium 8 or 10 or 12, and large about 15). The USPS offers free delivery of many types of their boxes to your home, which I find very handy. Specifically, their website has a sampler pack of their flat-rate boxes, but you can also go into any/most post offices and get the boxes there. Try out the different sizes and if you find a size that works for what you're selling, then you can order them off their website, sometimes in packs of up to 25. I use the regional rate box a2 (10.9375 x 2.375 x 12.8125) a lot. When I last sold I think the shipping would be about $5 for each box, but I could be wrong and the price could be very different now.
Luckily for you, eBay actually is pretty good when it comes to shipping, if you can figure out the odds and ends of weights and box sizes and what not. They used to give sellers a discount too, hopefully they still do.
>>
>>6176123
>What are some ways to best determine the price of a product?
There's an option to show you sold listings, check that out. Probably (?) the best tool for checking going prices for items on eBay. It's near the end of the search area on the left.
And I've never even heard of price matching on eBay, I doubt they can force you to do that.
Lastly, as far as fighting against asshole buyers trying to scam you, the base level you can do is take good pictures of your items and describe any issues you know the item has, then get some sort of tracking (delivery confirmation, I believe, is good enough. Works basically the same). Ship quickly and cushion well. Get your seller rating up and you really should be alright. If you're super worried, record yourself on video packaging it and shipping it at the post office and what not, but that's a bit far, yeah?
Good luck.
>>
>>6176176
Then buy it new? No one is forcing you to buy from that guy on eBay, especially considering it's freely available everywhere else. Take your whiny entitled cunt bullshit elsewhere.
>>
>>6176223
All I'm saying is what's the point in listing something if you're not willing to take reasonable offers, especially on a used figure that's widely available. I don't even want the damn thing that much or I would have bought it new.
>>
>>6176215
>>6176217

Thank you very much! I'll try it out and I'll let you know how it goes.
>>
>>6157521
>see single action figures from a line selling for $7 each
>list a batch of 3 for only $10
>no one buys

Are buyers just very bad at math? "Well I have one of them so..." is a dumb excuse to pass on those lots, you still get 2 you need at $5 each instead of $7. I have the hardest time selling lots no matter the price.

Then again, I live in the US, where half the population is retarded. Religion, racism, it's a miracle these people don't forget how to breathe.
>>
>>6173266
>>Eight days later Buyee's forwarding her to me
If you haven't already stopped using Buyee, stop now. Use somewhere else like Zenmarket for cheaper commission.
>>
Serious question, I emailed Mandarake to change my payment method for an order and the payment is due today but I do not have a credit card with a chip that they need to check out with a credit card and they haven't changed my payment method to paypal yet. What should I do?
>>
>>6160913
autism
>>
>>6160913
post his name, no balls; no regrets
>>
>>6177071
Not him, but I've been using Buyee a lot for YAJ. Besides Zenmarket, are there any other sites I should consider using?
>>
>list an item on eBay
>check prices for what a pre-owned one is going for
>literally less than a third of what mandarake is selling it for, over half off amazon prices, etc
>still get lowballed
fuck poorfags.
>>
>>6177114
email them again. it says the payment is due in five days unless you're awaiting a price adjustment, so i think they will have a little mercy. but probably follow up.

i think they've been busy lately. last week i asked to change ems to sal, then got fed up of waiting when it had been four days with no word and just paid for ems anyway. placed an order earlier this week and i had to give them a nudge after four days with no invoice.
>>
>>6170465
I love craigslist. It's where all of the barely literate hicks try to sell their shit. Once saw someone selling some "Nenja Tertls". I think I have a screenshot somewhere if you fags want proof.
>>
>>6180130
LOL. I actually don't mind the hicks and stuff. Generally either stupid or pretty genuine when selling as they usually just want to get rid of stuff. Its the fucking wannabe nerds/geeks that just got into figures/models and buy shit at scalping prices and expect to sell their stuff used for what they paid for it. Like I understand rare stuff appreciating but ffs if I can buy it from amazon for like half the price you are listing it for and get it shipped to me without the risk of getting shanked meeting up you are either a hopeless optimist or fucking retarded.
>>
>>6177071
>zenmarket
Having to deposit before bidding is actually pretty inconvenient.
>>
>>6164737
Jesus fuck do you live in Hell or something, why is everybody full of diseases and dying basically just from going outside
>>
>>6181579
im an australian who lives a repititious life who went to the philippines who drank the water without knowing fhe risk.

at one point i had spots all over my body.

sad part is im semi fit, its the fact im in such a repitious cycle ie eat same shit work same days hell i willingly do5 hour walks to avoid public transport out of pure spit to suddenly visit a place where aircon is mandatory a car is required (because im a giant compared to the manlets who fit into these horrible trikes and buses, let alone the death march just trying to cross the road and not get killed) you might understand.

and if thats hard to work out its just this, first world and third world dont mix that well.

i want to go back to walking around a country where traffic lights protect you and not every tap liquifys your guts
>>
>win expensive item for nothing
>seller was too cheap to use a reserve
>"whoops I sold it/broke it /don't have it anymore, sorry
>relisted the same day

Everytime
>>
File: 58a5172947c76623343336.gif (2MB, 552x400px) Image search: [Google]
58a5172947c76623343336.gif
2MB, 552x400px
>>6157521

>Searching ebay
>Find bid for hot-toys Fallout Power Armor
>Chinese seller
>Positive percentage score seller
>Real product
>Wait till last few minutes
>Heart beating a thousand times a second
>Quickly bid a 70 dollars and rapidly raise the bid to prevent 1 dollar lurkers from stealing it.
>Win 300 dollar figure for a 80 dollars
>Victory.jpeg
>Feel great the rest of the day
>Check sellers profile after getting image confirming payment
>Green percentage review score
>Check reviews
>Around 10 good reviews
>Tfw you read the negative reviews only reviews within last few months all saying 0 communication, never ships, just re-uploads the bid, reviews are almost all of the same item
>>
>>6181579
>Jesus fuck do you live in Hell or something, why is everybody full of diseases and dying basically just from going outside

>>6181620
>im an australian

story checks out
>>
>>6184612
Can you blame them? I'd do the same thing. Of course I know better than to trust eBay in auction format. The fact is eBay doesn't even give all listings equal exposure. So despite all their high fees and encouragement to "start at $0" they aren't giving everyone a level playing field. It'd be like going to a live in person auction and then someone just takes a curtain through the audience and cuts off 50-75% of the audience so they can't even bid on an item.

I can't blame a seller for not wanting to honor an auction in which an expensive item sells for nothing when every other completed auction shows it selling for 'x' amount. I would assume it's a glitch or something went wrong or whatever else. Which in the case of eBay is probably accurate. You probably only won because eBays search algorithms weren't giving that guy the views he needed.
>>
>>6184612

probs chinese my dude.
>>
>>6157531
Your mom jokes?...okay
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.