[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ROBOT DAMASHII GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 111

File: Robot Damashii.png (1B, 486x500px)
Robot Damashii.png
1B, 486x500px
Previous thread: >>6114318

See first reply for links to images of upcoming releases and other helpful info!

Upcoming regular retail releases:
-Full Armor Gundam, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (Feb. 10th)
-Brocken (Apr. 2017)
-Z'Gok MP type, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (May 2017)
-Metalé­‚ 00 Raiser + GN Sword III (May 2017)
-G-Fighter, A.N.I.M.E. ver. (June 2017)

Current open Tamashii Web exclusive preorders:
â–ºOrder Deadline Feb. 20th
-AB Zwarth, Mass Production ver. (May 2017)

Other mecha toy discussion is also more than welcome!
>>
>>6155528
Bandai's official RD page with images and release dates:

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/robot_tamashii/

Excellent, comprehensive RD list:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Gundam/index.php?showtopic=81
>>
File: DSCN8101.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8101.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6152485
Cool shot!

>>6152840
>Guy who ruined his RD Xi over the shoulder here, is the Marking and Missile Pack version worth $160?
You should be able to get one for around $140-150 shipped (depending on your shipping option), here's one for 14500JPY:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1058612814&ref=dos

But back to your main question, I think the answer heavily depends on how much you like the Xi. The Marking Plus ver. improvements are considerable; the RD is now fully painted (versus the mostly unpainted standard Xi) and the finish is gorgeous in-hand, as you can probably guess.

The new tampo markings are super sharp and detailed as well, with just the right amount of markings to Katoki-fy the RD without going overboard. You also get a new and significantly improved headsculpt.
>>
File: DSCN8049.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8049.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6155535
Obviously the most tangible change is the missile pod, and while at it's core it's basically just a plastic tube, it's really huge (as big as a standard RD!) and very well detailed!
>>
File: DSCN8067.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8067.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6155535
>>6155541
Sunlight washed out the detail in the above shot, so one more shot of the missile pod for a clearer look at the detail. Pod is fully painted, as well.

Since you owned the original Xi, you have a good idea of what to expect in terms of the basic figure itself. I will note that all the joints on my Xi are nice and tight, so hopefully you shouldn't run into any issues like you did with your standard Xi.

So to actually give an answer, the Marking Plus Xi is a great looking figure that's a big improvement over the standard release. If you love the Xi's design, I think you'll be happy with the money spent.

From a more objective standpoint though, I'd kind of have to lean towards the Marking Plus not being worth the money, especially if you're not particularly enamored with the design. For $30-40 more, you could get a DX Chogokin Macross Valkyrie that is larger, heavier, and transforms between three modes (though that's assuming you're actually able to order one, haha). In terms of mecha bang-for-your-buck, the Marking Plus Xi is a pretty poor value.

Again though, if you love the design I think you'll enjoy the figure. It's a real improvement over the original release. But if you're on a budget, there's definitely better ways to spread out your mecha money.
>>
>>6155547
I'm still on the fence, too bad it's not fully panel lined.
>>
>found a Sandrock for $57 on ebay
Bretty gud

Now I just need a Heavyarms and Tallgeese 1 to complete my non-P-Bandai Wing collection
>>
http://tamashii.jp/item/11699/
>>
http://tamashii.jp/item/11703/
>>
>>6156851

Looks great. I wish we got a Metal Damashii in those colors.

I wonder if the knees and backpack swap onto the Metal Damashii. They look to be the same scale. But then it would need a replacement chest cover... It seems so simple when you see how the Damashii comes apart. I'm surprised they aren't doing it.
>>
>>6156851
I don't mind they make a girl for Gundam, but that girl looks wrong for the S gundam

A big ass gundam with a loli face seems weird, we need an older stern sexy librarian type, with glasses
>>
>>6155528
deal alert, kyshatria is 92 bucks shipped on amazon
>>
Is the IBO line dead? Are we getting any S2 stuff?
>>
>>6157356
They barely do tie-in RDs to the ongoing shows anymore since Gundam AGE.
>>
>>6157356
You can find Kimaris on japanese suction sites going for like 20 bucks
>>
>>6157359
I think it's more that none of them seemed to sell well. Probably because they were competing with the much cheaper model line which,frankly, wasn't that much of a step down in quality. At least, certainly not worth paying 4x the price for the RD. The reason we get only 80s stuff now is that most of the things they are putting out from that time can easily be the best figure of the character ever simply from lack of competition.
>>
File: B-3_Girl.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
B-3_Girl.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6156851
zeon agp never ;_;
>>
>>6157356
They did say there would be more IBO RDs for season 2, apparently.
>>
>>6158391
Source?
>>
Any more exclusives I don't know about? Been gone for a while. anything white wolf related? Also wanna know if there's a buyfag guide I could cop for a buddy.

He wants to use mandarake.
>>
>>6158421
Someone in one of this threat's earlier iterations mentioned it, hence me saying supposedly.
>>
>>6158711
buyfag.moe is /a/'s guide and it's decent.
>>
>>6158421
>>6158765
In the Season 2 announcement stream. Outright said there'd be more IBO RDs
>>
>>6158781
Ah, thanks. I'd seen it mentioned here, but didn't recall what the specific source for the claim was.
>>
>>6158799
Honestly, its most likely just gonna be a Barbados upgrade.

Would have liked more IBO stuff, but can't blame them for not making more if they don't sell.
>>
>>6158806
Oh lets be honest. They'll probably do Barbatos Lupus/Lupus Rex and at least Vidar, if not also Baal.
>>
>>6156851

Heads up.

Preorders are open HLJ and Amiami
>>
>>6156851

This looks so good and the Ex-S in those colors is my favorite Gundam but I would rather spend 100+ on a "real" figure of it. Come on, Bandai.
>>
File: opset.png (1B, 486x500px)
opset.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6158806
Does this mean we might finally get the option set?
If they announce that, I'll buy a couple more Barbatos to go with it too.
>>
I grabbed the Ingram unit 1 because it was 57 shipped on Amazon and jeez, this is kinda underwhelming.

I knew the range of motion wouldn't be fantastic and it's not, but this thing is fiddly as hell and it's nowhere near as easy to play with as most mobile suits. And it's quite lightweight compared to some of these other RDs that had a similar pricepoint in the past. I can't get it into any good grappling pose to use against the inevitable Griffon. This thing even has the TV version markings and Noa's best skill was grappling

The command car is nice though.
>>
>>6160402
Same. I'd buy at least one if not two more Barbatos just to equip the various configurations. I was the sort of idiot who bought two extra Strikes with Launcher/Sword pack just to display all 3 configurations at once.
>>
Did EMS prices go up or something? I was looking at the Gundam Xi Marking ver on Sahra and I remember the shipping being cheaper.

Jeez, I guess fate doesn't want me to get it.
>>
>>6160421
That sucks that you found it underwhelming.

How much do you think is good price to pay for it?
>>
File: TOY-RBT-1374[1].jpg (1B, 486x500px)
TOY-RBT-1374[1].jpg
1B, 486x500px
Just got ahold of a new RD Laevatein for around 40 dollars, which is a pretty good price for [spoiler]shitty mexican ebay[/spoiler].
How good is AmiAmi for buyin their "pre owned" items? They have the Booster for a reasonable price.
>>
>>6160864
Personally I wouldn't pay more than $45-50 shipped, but I doubt it'll go for that low.

To be frank, the Ingram feels like it's in the same tier as the Belial or Blaze Raven, both of which went for as low as $30 shipped. The Ingram itself barely has any gimmicks or features besides the swappable face.

And I don't think the command car and the accessories justify it being nearly 2x the cost of the aforementioned Arm Slaves. The command car is nice but simple, and the accessories are nothing special. You don't even get the shotgun or more hands for grappling.

I seriously think they're charging that much just because of a few decal applications.

If you really like Patlabor like I do then you might as well get it at $60, but value wise I just don't see it.
>>
>>6160896
I guess I should mention that it seems like prices on newer RDs are going up, so maybe I shouldn't have surprised it's not a great value.
>>
>>6159617
i can't be the only one who's sick of all the barbatos models holy shit! nothing on the IBO line has ever really appealed to me other than the gusion imo
>>
>>6160896
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the revo movie version and at first I was excited for the RD but nothing about it from what i have seen justifies the price.

Yes, the no shotgun and more grappling hands is a bummer---another thing my revo has!

>Swappable face
I hate this with a passion because it makes the head/face unstable and now you have some part swapping which means you can lose some parts. Being an alleged premium line, RDs should not come with swapable faces.

JUST GIVE US 2 HEADS--I mean, Revo did it with the ingrams years ago!
>>
File: DSCN7537.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN7537.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6160421
>>6160896
Hrm, I don't find the Ingram to be fiddly at all. Posing does take a bit more effort due to the unique joint systems in some areas (particularly in the hips), but once I familiarized myself with it I found the range of motion to be excellent, while also doing a great job of hiding the joints.

Also pretty happy with the accessories/gimmicks; you get the opening leg holster, swappable stretchy arm for grabbing the holstered gun, compact & extended baton, and then of course that awesome command car! Certainly would have liked a shotgun, though.

Hope you're able to warm up to it a bit over time, though. I definitely understand how it feels to be underwhelmed by a purchase.

>>6160919
All the parts of the Ingram's head secure tightly, didn't have any issues with things being unstable or anything. I wouldn't really consider RD a premium line unless it's a Ka Signature (in my mind, premium is more of a SoC or Metal Build type thing), so I don't mind swappable parts (always gonna have them anyways with RDs; hands and such) but I can understand why folks don't like them.

One pro of the swappable parts is that Bandai included some spare swappable parts as back ups. Whereas if Bandai were giving entire heads as one piece instead, I'm sure they wouldn't bother with any extra parts, so if you broke/lost a head antenna you'd be outta luck.
>>
File: DSCN8122.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8122.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Also, Mandarake delivered once again, woohoo!

>>6160702
Just RSAL that sucker, that's what I did, haha.

>>6160881
They're pretty reliable, the item/box condition ratings are generally accurate. That's not a bad price for the booster on AmiAmi at all, cheaper than Mandarake!
>>
>>6160917
I would kill for a Gusion RD, I just don't consider it likely sadly.
>>
>>6161014
The way they made the knees with the folding in leg plate is awkward. And the hips are definitely the worst, a hinge on the hip/leg armor would have been a good compromise. And I think the shoulders are another weak point that could've had much better execution. I'm pretty sure the shoulder armor itself has greater range of motion than the arms can spread.

But really the worst part is lack of hand variety. It seems like Bandai treated this like another one of their Gundam releases.
>>
>>6161014
I don't own the Ingram RD, so I'm not saying that the ingram's swappable face is unstable.

From my experience, swappable face/parts are an over-engineered alternative to the alternate heads.

I have the X2 Kai and the Old X2 kai. The swappable face plates of the new X2 don't always want to stay in place. I will never have that problem with the old one--and it still has way more accessories than the new release!

RD Laevatein's ponytail attachment part is another example. The swappable parts aren't as flimsy as the X2's but since they are separate parts from the rest of the head I can notice a gap between the parts and the head---really unsightly on a figure of this quality.

We got alternate heads with the Hyaku Shiki and no skimping on accessories.

Yeah, RDs are not hot toys tier but what I meant to say is that for the 'premium' price they charge for RDs now you should expect more bang for your buck.

Not trying to go on a pissing contest with you, Monitor-anon, just trying to explain my disdain for swappable face/head parts on RDs
>>
I've been seeing this pink fucker everywhere and I'm tempted, but I kind of don't know what to expect from the line. The only robot damashiis I own are the evas, and from what I understand those are the exception and most of them are like slightly ritzier HG kits? 5K yen seems a little steep for something that size. Worth?

Also, you guys have the nicest general.
>>
>>6161132
I'm still surprised we didn't get a Gusion Rebake at least, since its at least a main character's MS.
>>
>>6164530

Get it, best anime figure since the Dom
>>
>>6164537
I'd have killed for a S1 Gusion Rebake. :(
>>
>>6164530
One of the most well received RDs in these generals.
The ANIME line on a whole is great though, if any are a bit cheaper, you could try one of those first to see if you are liking what you are getting before biting the bullet on him.
>>
>>6164530

You would do well to get it. One of the best toys of 2016.
>>
ANIME Zaku Cannon is coming as the next MSV release. It was shown in a promo video Bandai uploaded for the G-Fighter
>>
File: file.png (1B, 486x500px)
file.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6164530
It's good!
>>
I had a dream that some weird fair kiosk seller had a two pack of rare mail away damashii's or MSIA scaled to damashii size. It was Blue Destiny and the Efreet custom, while I was looking at it, my girlfriend stole something from the kiosk with the opportunity I created, then she got to keep her shit, but I couldn't buy anythign from her again.

Then Char tried to cuck me, but wound up scaring my girlfriend away with his massive cock, that was somehow the cockpit from the sazabi.

What does it mean.
>>
>>6164865
Source? And if true, that makes a desert Zaku more tempting now since they would match and look great together on display... ugghhh, it's really hard to hold back from buying everything in the A.N.I.M.E. line.
>>
>>6164917
The BD1 and Efreet are getting (new) HGUCs. Might as well get those instead of waiting for RDs that'll never come out.
>>
File: 20170204_145636.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170204_145636.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Random nosedive off the shelf. Fantastic. Guess the joints were slowly slipping? It was up there for months just fine

Stuff like this wants to make me stop collecting RDs. I want to like them but so many of them have less then ideal joint tightness that I can hardly stand it sometimes.
>>
>>6165264
I think one of my biggest pet peeves about most Bandai figures -but especially RD- is they don't come with a display stand. To make matter worse -as you pointed out- many RD just have issues with joint tolerances. It's something you can fix with floor polish but you shouldn't fucking have to do that.

I don't even display a lot of my RD because I don't trust them to stay standing and just don't feel like spending $5-7 per stand to buy Bandai's stands. I think it's pretty laughable to be honest how most RD basically have no paint and are mostly molded in color. The weapons often have no paint of minimal paint. Yet despite all this they can't include a stand at the ridiculous prices they go for? Give me a break.
>>
>>6165287
>is they don't come with a display stand
Yes. It's definitely the worst part.

I can't believe how cheap Bandai's toy division is.
>>
>>6155530
I can't believe this is getting a regular release and the Guntank was P-Bandai.
>>
>>6165292
Some time around 2011 it wasn't that economical to produce toys in China anymore due to rising labor costs... So what we get now are toys that are samey in value to stuff back then but at a higher price.
>>
>>6165264
> I want to like them but so many of them have less then ideal joint tightness that I can hardly stand it sometimes.

Really??? The majority of them have optimal joint tightness so it seems to me you have had bad luck.
>>
>>6165264
I've never had a RD just fall over on its own. My guess would be that the pose was barely stable and it gave way over time, it was rattled by heavy footsteps and slowly slipped, or something else like that.
>>
File: IMG_0060.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0060.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6164530
I like it.
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0062.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6165392
>>
File: IMG_0063.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0063.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6165395
>>
File: IMG_0064.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0064.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6165398
>>
>>6164530
Wait for the superior colour scheme, coming in May.
>>
>>6165385
The hip joints were already so loose they needed to have paper stuffed in them to not swing nearly freely. The damn thing has feet so big I find it unlikely the pose was unstable but who knows.

I'm guessing it was tilted and it did a somersault or something...

>>6165324
I regret not getting a stand for it. I see now RDs probably should have stands. I have several but I use them all for action poses on other RDs.
>>
File: DSCN8327.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8327.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6161390
>The way they made the knees with the folding in leg plate is awkward.
Huh, I thought that was pretty neat myself, haha. I feel ya on the other stuff though, and now that you've mentioned it, I'm missing the lack of grappling hands too!

>>6162975
>I don't own the Ingram RD, so I'm not saying that the ingram's swappable face is unstable.
Oh, for sure, I didn't think you were saying that. I was just providing my experience to show that I found Ingram's face to be stable.

>Not trying to go on a pissing contest with you, Monitor-anon, just trying to explain my disdain for swappable face/head parts on RDs
Don't even worry about it, anon! I love hearing other viewpoints, and you provided some great points about the cons of swappable head parts. I hope I didn't come across as argumentative in my post, but if I did it truly wasn't my intent.

Gotta agree that though I wouldn't consider RD a premium line, that the value per dollar is definitely inconsistent across releases, with an overall decrease of bang-for-your-buck across the line.
>>
File: DSCN8190.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8190.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Cracked open Desert Zaku, it's so cool! I had no idea it came with grenade pouches that actually open up to reveal removable grenades, so that was an awesome surprise.

>>6165395
Hah, adorable!

>>6164917
Well... I think it means you need more mecha toys. Char's Sazabi cock-pit shows that you're feeling inferior in terms of mecha endowment, which can only be resolved by more mecha!
>>
File: DSCN8199.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8199.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6165464
One thing I was gonna gripe about though, was how the right-side chest panel was further away from the chest than the left panel.

In this shot, I've got both panels angled all the way back. While not a huge difference, it was bugging me like crazy. I thought maybe the joint just hadn't been pressed in all the way, but pressing down on the panel wasn't having any effect...
>>
File: DSCN8204.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8204.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6165470
But then, while messing around with the figure, I ended up putting some force on the panel while pressing down on the portion of the panel that was closer to the Zaku's back (as opposed to pressing down evenly on the center of the panel).

Was rewarded with the satisfying 'pop!' of a ball joint snapping into place! Now both sides are perfectly even.
>>
>>6165457
>Huh, I thought that was pretty neat myself,
It's a neat idea but the thing pops in and out when I fold and unfold the legs. Easy to pop in but it could have implemented better
>>
File: DSCN8216.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8216.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Awesome, fantastic looking figure (though I do wish Bandai would have done a better job hiding the sprue mark on the right side of the chest). Particularly love the colors they used for the Desert Zaku.

>>6165264
Oh man, I'm so sorry to see that, anon. I rushed over the check on my Guncannon DT, and fortunately mine still has super stiff hips joints. Like >>6165365 I've generally had no problems with my RD's joints (two notable examples that come to mind for me, are the shoulder joints for Hi-Nu and Freedom, though they were easy to tighten since they were just ball joints), but I can see why something like this would turn you off, because that stinks so darn much.

>>6165446
>The hip joints were already so loose they needed to have paper stuffed in them to not swing nearly freely.
Out of curiosity, did you get your Guncannon DT used or new? I actually think my DT's hip joints are a little too tight, so I wonder if your DT was mistreated by a previous owner.

>>6165480
It's supposed to, isn't it? Mine clicks into place when folding in/out. Is your panel coming completely detached?
>>
>>6165492
>Out of curiosity, did you get your Guncannon DT used or new? I actually think my DT's hip joints are a little too tight, so I wonder if your DT was mistreated by a previous owner.
Used, but it was in pristine condition when I inspected it.

The loose parts are the torso bend (literally every single RD I had has a loose torso, especially new ones for some reason), and the hips.

Otherwise it's fairly solid.

I honestly think it's just the manufacturing not being super tight. I have quite a few new RDs that don't have tight joints, and I think the used ones I got are typically better in tightness.
>>
>>6165446
Yeah, that's definitely abnormal. Kind of agree with monitoranon that you either got a bum one or you got it used and it was mistreated.
>>
If anyone happens to be browsing Mandarake and sees a Desert Zaku pop up, would they mind sharing here? I'd like to get one but noticed they're all sold out currently...
>>
>>6165505
It sounds like you just have shit luck, in all honesty. I have a ton of RDs and there's never been any sort of consistent issue across all of them like you're talking about. The occasional loose joint or two, but certainly nothing wide spread or consistent.
>>
>>6165505
Hmm, all the RDs I've been buying lately have loose ab crunches too. Though, I have only been buying Dunbine ones, so I figured the looseness was due to their massive backpacks.
>>
File: DSCN8360.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSCN8360.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6165505
Dang, that really stinks. Torso on mine is alright, while the hips are squeaky tight, though I did notice while messing around with mine earlier that my DT's right shoulder joint is a bit loose.

>>6165835
Yeah, I haven't really had issues with loose joints either, knock on wood, heh. I'd be super annoyed if I kept running into them though, so I can sympathize with anon and his poor DT.

>>6165783
I'll keep an eye out for ya, anon.
>>
>>6165415

whynotboth.jpg
>>
>>6165835
I have pretty poor luck.

It's not all of them but many of my RDs have at least loose torso joints and one or two fairly loose limbs, maybe an arm or a leg or w/e. The worst is a Laevatein, which was new.

>>6165866
Wings are the worst. I got a used Epyon that had very floppy wings. Electrical tape saved it luckily.
>>
>>6164865
Whhhat?! Link? I havent heard of this!
>>
>>6166003
Nevermind, I found it:

https://youtu.be/vNVmUGEUfaY
>>
>>6166011
I'm not seeing anything about a Zaku Cannon though, unless the announcer said something I couldnt understand.
>>
>>6165783
Use figinstock
>>
File: 228.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
228.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6166011
Nice find, anon!

>>6166019
When they bring up the ANIME selection video, check out the bottom row:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVmUGEUfaY&feature=youtu.be&t=59
>>
File: 20170204_223801.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170204_223801.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6166076
Holy shit you're right!
>>
>>6166079
GOD I need that fucking Guntank

>8 recolors (not counting Char Zaku/Regular Zaku)
>>
>>6166079
Yup... now I definitely need a desert Zaku to team up with the eventual Zaku Cannon. God damn this A.N.I.M.E. line. Heh...
>>
>>6166095
Looks like its coming out in July. It says 7.2017 roll out.
>>
File: 4543112555212.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
4543112555212.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6166088
If you're referring to the Zaku cannon its hardly a re-color, more like a re-design.
>>
>>6166079
>Real Type Color
I see this sometimes for Gundam figures/kits. What does "Real Type" refer to?
>>
>>6166088
I can't wait for it either. Its my second most anticipated upcoming RD, right behind G-Fighter

So glad that Bandai is going all-out with the A.N.I.M.E. line, and doing the whole White Base crew.

And on that note, what does everyone think the next new TV series RD will be? Gelgoog? Gyan? Gog? Acguy?
Hoping for Gelgoog, myself, in both regular and Char colors.
>>
File: Rx-78-2-real.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Rx-78-2-real.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6166128
Real Type Color is a specific type of MSV Gundam that is meant to look like a real machine of war would. Pic related is what the real type color Gundam looks like. In lore it's a color scheme given to alternate RX-78-2's in computer simulation. There are rumors that the RX-78-2 Amuro uses was meant to be painted in these colors before it was ambushed at side 7, the colors you see in the show were meant to be parade colors only.
>>
>>6166146
>The Black Devil
>>
File: giphy.gif (1B, 486x500px)
giphy.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>6166149
It's a mixed breed.
>>
File: RX-78-2_-_MSV.png (1B, 486x500px)
RX-78-2_-_MSV.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6166150
Well this is the White Devil so I thought it'd be ok
>>
>>6166152
Joking aside, Tomino originally wanted the Gundam to look more like the G3, he described it that way in the novel and the whole "White Devil" thing is a holdover from that. It was Sunrise that demanded the red/blue/yellow/white color scheme because of other successful Super Robot shows that used those colors.
>>
>>6166144
My money is on either the acguy or the Zeong, but a Gelgoog would be nice too.
>>
>>6166102
Well at least it'll give me some time to recover from purchasing a Desert Zaku, FA Gundam, Brocken, and Z'gok before picking one up. I might even re-prioritize and put the FA Gundam on the backburner in order to get a Desert Zaku first... Shit, I almost forgot I wanted to get a regular Zaku too... UGGHHH...
>>
Anyone collect FIX? Or at least used to?
>>
>>6165292
I can't believe how cheap Bandai's toy collectors are they won't buy a $10 set of stands
>>
>>6166144
The gelgoog has the most potential for variants and repaints which seems to be half of what they're doing with this line. Definitely expect to see it soon, it would be stupid to release it after they've exhausted most of the rest of the suits that actually are on screen and hype has died down for the line; people would be less likely to actually buy all those variants.
>>
>>6166117

Now I want a gelgoog cannon, like the msia one that was packed with the zakrello, that one was the tits.
>>
>>6167154
>...that one was the tits.
Damn straight, anon. I've been waiting to see them announce the A.N.I.M.E. Gelgoog in hopes that a cannon variant would follow shortly after.

My only concern is that they decide to go with the two-tone grey scheme instead of the Kurtz green-and-tan custom paint-job.

>>6165952
>I'll keep an eye out for ya, anon.
Thanks monitor-anon! I think I'll prioritize a desert Zaku before an FA Gundam since the latter isn't an exclusive.
>>
File: 20170116_135341.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170116_135341.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6165464
desert zaku is top tier aesthetics, looking forward to zaku cannon to match
>>
>>6166836
I do. I have all of them.
>>
>>6168389
Got pics? Is the hyaku Shiri worth like 60 to 70 bucks?
>>
>>6168401
FYI Mandarake carries most of the line.
>>
>>6168588
I know, I'm currently snagging some on yahoo auctions too through FromJapan, just hope the shipping doesn't rape me because I got some nice win prices.
>>
>>6160881
>Package arrived today
>Excitedly open it up
>Guy sent me an RD Sinanju instead of the Laevatein
Sasuga, Mexican Ebay.
And people wonder why they hate us.
>>
>>6168670
Can I have it?
>>
>>6166836
Yea, I just got a GFF ReZel, whish is super fucking hard to find under now. I love it, much sleeker than the HGUC.

I hope we get a RD ReZel.
>>
>>6168401
If you just want something really impressive on your desk, then... maybe. GFFs in my experience have kind of sloppy paintjobs, so I wouldn't expect perfection from something entirely painted like the Hyaku Shiki.

Also the joints are almost universally terrible: generally when I get a new GFF, I pick a configuration I want, then glue it into a pose forever. The things just can't take repeated posing, to the point I'd almost call the line statues you can choose the pose of.
>>
File: B205.jpg (101KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
B205.jpg
101KB, 800x1000px
http://www.taghobby.com/archives/136905

NOT EVEN JUSTICE, I ONLY WANT TRUTH
>>
Just snagged me a desert Zaku off Mandarake. Can't wait to get it!
>>
File: B217.jpg (88KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
B217.jpg
88KB, 800x1000px
>>6170080

Production version of the toy looks even better than the painted prototype to my eyes. And much glad to see the line will continue with a Roundfacer. I'm in.
>>
>>6170303
looks so TRUTH
>>
File: _41A7152_.jpg (4MB, 2600x1733px) Image search: [Google]
_41A7152_.jpg
4MB, 2600x1733px
>>6168401
Not for the that price. I got one for Y3000 and another for Y4000. Like what >>6168401 said, they're not playable. They're like those resin kits sold in WonFes which are basically statues with upright poses. Even then, the PVC gets easily warped.

I got them stored. Which ones do you like photographed?
>>
File: B223.jpg (104KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
B223.jpg
104KB, 1000x900px
>>
>>6168401
>>6170348
meant to quote >>6169745 in the post
>>
File: B221.jpg (166KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
B221.jpg
166KB, 833x1000px
>>
File: DANGAEOHHHH.jpg (91KB, 990x689px) Image search: [Google]
DANGAEOHHHH.jpg
91KB, 990x689px
u knoe who needs an RD/SOC/Hi-Metal/Fucking anything
>>
>>6170547

That show didn't deserve such awesome design, it's completely wasted in those three ovas.
>>
>>6170548
It really is, not only the mecha but such a great opening song for 3 episodes.
Really wish we'd gotten a full series.
>>
File: IMG_20170208_100758.jpg (392KB, 1274x722px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_100758.jpg
392KB, 1274x722px
It's complete. I'm so proud of myself, lolol.
>>
File: 1769434.jpg (587KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1769434.jpg
587KB, 700x800px
>>6170547

You already got a Revoltech you ungrateful cunt!

Meanwhile, others are waiting for ANY kind of toy line to deliver the Iczer Robo!
>>
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000110344/
>>
>>6171071

Hot diggity! Got to get me a few of these
>>
>>6171071
YES. Can't wait. Also glad to see they're including the "rabbit ears" head piece too. Lookin' good.

Now if only they'd do some feddie MSV stuff to the same extent that Zeon's getting.
>>
>>6171304
No kidding. GM Cannon plz?
>>
>>6170743
congrats

an elegant toy line for a more civilized age
>>
File: kamillecry.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
kamillecry.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
>>6171071
>p-bandai
>>
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51998658.html

Review of FA Gundam.
>>
>>6170743
Would love to see pics/reviews of these. I know nothing of this toy line for Victory.
>>
>>6172019
Looks great. Hoping the nubs aren't as bad on mine, but a easy fix if so.
Don't suppose anyone has tried putting the parts on the normal RX78 just as an example.
>>
File: FA Gundam Remolds.png (1MB, 1710x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FA Gundam Remolds.png
1MB, 1710x1280px
>>6172025
There's actually some very subtle remolding that went into the FA's "base" figure. A lot of small slots and tabs to facilitate attaching the armor.

The feet, chest, backpack (which likely connects TO the chest armor for stability) and groin/butt parts will not attach to the original RX-78 figure.

Shoulders, arms, and legs SHOULD be okay but who knows.
>>
>>6172019

Oh god my balls, do we have the day this will drop yet?
>>
>>6170349
how much will this fucking be... God damn it. Couldn't have been a regular RD could you...
>>
>>6172052
February 10th is the official release date.
>>
>>6172040
Ah, typical but if I have the ability to at least experiment with a couple of pieces that should be okay.

Thanks lad.
>>
>>6172055
A glorious design like the Dougram DESERVES a Hi-Metal. Retail price is 13,824JPY.
>>
>>6172019
Looks great. Can't wait to get one eventually. I'll probably hold out until April when I can ask for it as a birthday gift. Heh.
>>
File: 69d0f2a2.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
69d0f2a2.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
>>
>>6172117
God I can't wait.
>>
File: B230.jpg (157KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
B230.jpg
157KB, 1000x800px
>>
>>6171310
I'm personally hoping for a GM Sniper Custom, but GM Cannon's a good choice too.
>>
File: B206.jpg (96KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
B206.jpg
96KB, 800x1000px
>>
>>6172164

I hope we get a white dingo gm or gm cannon at some point, some more aussie love!
>>
>>6172176
Yeah, I wouldn't pick up a standard GM cannon myself, but if they made a White Dingo color variant I'd be all over it.
>>
File: B231.jpg (95KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
B231.jpg
95KB, 1000x800px
>>
File: B228.jpg (145KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
B228.jpg
145KB, 900x1000px
>>
File: dfe99fcc.jpg (41KB, 600x898px) Image search: [Google]
dfe99fcc.jpg
41KB, 600x898px
>>6172019
I'm not liking the giant white writing they're starting to put on the backs of all their figures, not liking it at all.
>>
>>6173113

Easy to get rid of if it really bothers you.
>>
File: B202.jpg (156KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
B202.jpg
156KB, 1000x700px
>>
>>6173116
True, but I'd rather not have to paint my figures just to make them acceptable. It's true the act of painting it is easy, but the lead up to that (gathering supplies, matching the colors up, thinning the paint etc) is an annoying pain in the ass.
>>
File: 1000110344_8.jpg (43KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1000110344_8.jpg
43KB, 560x560px
This Zaku Cannon looks gorgeous.
>>
>>6173128

Don't bother with paint for something like that. Quicker to just use some 2000 grit sand paper, then polish to original surface texture using paper towels.
>>
>>6173135
I feel like I'd have a very high chance of fucking it up this way. Is it really easier/safer for the figure than just painting over it? Seems like the margin for error there is small.
>>
>>6173135
I just don't see why they can't just put it on the bottom of the foot or something.
>>
>>6173130
He'll make a fine addition to the Tan Bro's crew.
>>
File: B218.jpg (98KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
B218.jpg
98KB, 1000x800px
>>6173158

Just take your time. Use circular motion, and check what you're doing often so that you don't overdo it. Polishing back to original look might take some time, but still easier and quicker than breaking out the paints.

Even if you don't use it for FA Gundam, it's a good trick to know how to do. Practice on a crap figure if you want. I do this to all the nub marks I see on all my toys anymore. (And then if the plastic is still too stressed, I might use hot water immersion to remove the stress mark, or, more commonly, mix up some matching paint.)
>>
The G-Fighter is up for PO on Amiami, FYI:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-027662&page=rt_07
>>
>>6173197
And the Zaku Cannon's on Nippon-Yasan, havent seen it on AE yet, thats what I'm waiting for personally.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/20078-robot-damashii-side-ms-ms-06k-zaku-cannon-ver-anime-limited-edition.html

>>6172176
There's a new gunpla p-bandai gm cannon coming out that looks pretty great, pic related.
>>
>>6173209

Looks fantastic. Should be a regular release, dammit.
>>
Wasn't there supposed to be 00 (re) releases? NOT the Metal Build.
>>
>>6173209
>gm cannon

Fuck. Are we ever gonna get a GM cannon master grade that isn't exclusive?
>>
>>6173209

Damn it, that's too cool to not be a robot spirit
>>
>>6173406
Yeah all they have to do is make an RD with that color scheme, it doesn't even need the decals and I would still buy it.
>>
File: 1486645112292.jpg (108KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1486645112292.jpg
108KB, 900x675px
>>6172025
from 2chan
>>
File: 140844olzgty8tl2lg2h40.jpg (98KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
140844olzgty8tl2lg2h40.jpg
98KB, 900x1200px
http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254506&extra=page%3D1&page=1
>>
File: 31948079583_513cd8f99e_h.jpg (291KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
31948079583_513cd8f99e_h.jpg
291KB, 1600x1067px
Damn punk kids with their break dancing and their boomboxes and their spiked hair.
>>
File: 140844y8zodsshtko1sk6h.jpg (100KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
140844y8zodsshtko1sk6h.jpg
100KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>
>>
Just placed my order for a few zaku cannons, did anyone else notice the preorders are still up for the prototype Dom and Gouf on Nippon yasan? Weird.
>>
>>6173837

Sp does hi-metal mean it has die cast joints or something? Never had one of the hi-metals myself
>>
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51998733.html

Hacchaka's review for the Dougram is live.
>>
File: 323ccc1d.jpg (97KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
323ccc1d.jpg
97KB, 1024x819px
>>6173875
yeesh
>>
>>6173869

If it's anything like the Valkyries, they have diecast feet and diecast for some of the important structural bits
>>
>>6173892
>we need to give these legs better range of motion
>okay, let's make the sideskirts more movable
>nah, let's put the FUCKING LEGS on swiveling L joints

Sometimes Bandai is beyond retarded. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the hobby division rejects who run the toy division.
>>
File: 6e4d76cb.jpg (85KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6e4d76cb.jpg
85KB, 819x1024px
>>6173892
Looks fine so long as you keep the skirt flaps down. It is ugly underneath for sure but that hip articulation is impressive.
>>
File: 3351dc47.jpg (118KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
3351dc47.jpg
118KB, 1024x819px
>>6173892
Without that style of joint we wouldn't be able to pull off the Dougram's iconic "defeated and left to rust" pose here.
>>
>>6173909

Stop hyperventilating. Same joints as on the RD Z'gok and RD Dom.
>>
File: 8524ee24.jpg (150KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
8524ee24.jpg
150KB, 1280x855px
>>
File: c5435c2c.jpg (75KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
c5435c2c.jpg
75KB, 1024x819px
>>
>>6173875
*nuu's
Stop reading Gundam Guy.
>>
File: 03b3e2ef.jpg (101KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
03b3e2ef.jpg
101KB, 819x1024px
>>
File: 5d38184a.jpg (101KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
5d38184a.jpg
101KB, 1024x819px
>>
>>6173961
MANLETS BTFO
>>
File: ban170222.jpg (193KB, 680x920px) Image search: [Google]
ban170222.jpg
193KB, 680x920px
>>6172019
Got my payment request for this guy. Just waiting for Han before I ship. Looks like this will be good month!

>>6173232
There was an Exia R3 and Full Armor 0 Gundam shown off before Christmas but not a peep since.
>>
File: 170209_232047013.jpg (429KB, 1603x902px) Image search: [Google]
170209_232047013.jpg
429KB, 1603x902px
Both just came in the mail today. For 200 bucks I thought the Ex-S would be a bit bigger. The Kshatriya, on the other had, is worth every penny.
>>
>>6175345
The EX-S is part of the newly extended metal line. It has much better finish, which is the expensive part in toys.
>>
does nxedge go here?
>>
>>6175830
Yes, they can do.
>>
File: C4SjmW5VUAEuzlG.jpg large.jpg (187KB, 1200x858px) Image search: [Google]
C4SjmW5VUAEuzlG.jpg large.jpg
187KB, 1200x858px
>>6175847.
Well then
Any idea what's the quality in general?
I'm kinda tempted to get Nightingale.

Also, prototypes for Ultraman and Mechagodzilla, I dunno if they'll ever see a release or never like Shin Getter.
>>
File: 060-1269x1280.jpg (517KB, 1269x1280px) Image search: [Google]
060-1269x1280.jpg
517KB, 1269x1280px
>>6175857
>>
File: 055-1075x1280.jpg (372KB, 1075x1280px) Image search: [Google]
055-1075x1280.jpg
372KB, 1075x1280px
>>6175860
>>
>>6175830
Who is the target market for the line? Does anyone here like them? I understand that the idea is to have a lower price line now that prices for RDs and SRCs are out of control, but the style suggests a different audience. It just seems like an odd thing to push. At least they aren't Tamashii Buddies.

I have no love for them myself. SD generally lacks much appeal for me.
>>
Zaku Cannon now up on Anime-Export:

http://www.anime-export.com/product/34880
>>
>>6175876
Maybe it's for people who wants SRW-style SD proportions with RD/SRC diverse picks and Metal Build greebles.
Boy, that's oddly specific.
>>
>>6175876
>Who is the target market for the line?
Super Robot Wars fans.
>>
>>6175860
Yooooooo
>>
>>6175876
I collect them and for me it's not a question of money. I just like the line. They are excellent desk figures, and yes I'm a fan of Super Robot Wars . It's a pity that we rarely speak about NXedge here.
>>
>>6175345
I really like your posing Anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoXn0mm_Q5I

Touch&Try demo for Hi-Metal R Dougram.
>>
File: 31991376584_260a809a59_h.jpg (324KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
31991376584_260a809a59_h.jpg
324KB, 1600x1067px
>>
>>6175876
I have 4. They look great together. I love the proportions on them, and I love the higher amount of details in the heads myself.

I find the stands quite nice too, allows me to have them high above my RDs in my display. Makes for a bit of a nicer display in my opinion as it adds a bit of height to it all.

Hazel Custom NXedge when?
>>
File: 31991375934_f24370cb6d_h.jpg (453KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
31991375934_f24370cb6d_h.jpg
453KB, 1600x1067px
>>
File: 31991377624_0650abe322_h.jpg (330KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
31991377624_0650abe322_h.jpg
330KB, 1600x1067px
>>
>>6175857
Anyone know what 02, 03, 05 and 06 are?
>>
>>6177749
Fuck yes it looks amazing. Can't wait to get mine.

Not even justice, I want to get truth!
>>
>>6177759
Some seem to look like some of the Draft ones here but I'm not too sure.

http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?type_id=64037&root=0&type_strict=1&type_p=-1
>>
>>6177759
02 is the Alt Eisen
03 is the Full Armor Gundam Thunderbolt ver
05 is the Kamiki Burning Gundam from BFT
06 is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (the final galaxy-sized form)
>>
File: 1486858107656.jpg (1MB, 2557x2251px) Image search: [Google]
1486858107656.jpg
1MB, 2557x2251px
>>
>>6177759
>>6178182

Sauce is the video here btw: http://www.taghobby.com/archives/166792
>>
>>6178185
Wah, jelly! How is Dougram? Amiami hasn't even shipped mine yet...
>>
File: 0170211_193712562.jpg (602KB, 1483x1977px) Image search: [Google]
0170211_193712562.jpg
602KB, 1483x1977px
>>6176754
Thanks. Sometimes I couldn't find anything else better to do.
>>
>>6178205
SEAM!
>>
>>6178205

Are all the blue parts painted? Or is it like that one metal Zeta II FIX where it's like light blue plastic with navy camo painted on it?
>>
So, what do you guys think is the most poseable RD? My vote goes to AGE-1 Normal.
>>
>>6178361
Fuck those hands. Ruined an otherwise awesome figure.
>>
>>6178361
also apparently metal RD 00 is going to be more articulated than THAT
>>
>>6178361
Arbalest Lambda-Driver ver.
>>
File: 70211_201935492.jpg (304KB, 1002x1336px) Image search: [Google]
70211_201935492.jpg
304KB, 1002x1336px
>>6178237
I've never owned a GFFN ZII but that seems to be the case here. After cleaning some nub marks, the light blue is indeed the plastic. At the first glance I thought it was the other way around
>>
File: DSCN8435.jpg (255KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8435.jpg
255KB, 1200x900px
>>6175345
>>6178205
>>6179051
Great haul! And I gotta agree with >>6176754 , superb posing and shots.

>>6175876
I've definitely been tempted to snag an NXEdge during the various sales, but for now I get my SD fix from the Converge line.

>>6178361
The Eva units are definitely up there, if not the best.

>>6178529
Oooh, that's a good one.
>>
>>6179292
I like how Converge covers so many different suits (sometimes rather obscure ones too!), but I really wish they were poseable past a few basic swivels, sometimes the sculpts get kinda mushy, and when I got my first ones in the mail I was kinda disappointed by how tiny they were.

>>6175876
I only own one NXEdge (Astray Red Frame) and it's pretty decent, aside from the hips not really being able to move forward at all. It's enough that it made me curious about the line anyway. I might pick up one or two more in the future.
>>
>>6175876
>I have no love for them myself. SD generally lacks much appeal for me.

This right here. Got the Guren and it's just not fun to play with.
>>
File: item_0000011091_PE1JVSAT_04.jpg (115KB, 704x712px) Image search: [Google]
item_0000011091_PE1JVSAT_04.jpg
115KB, 704x712px
>>6175876
The NXedge offers a different taste and style to the normal proportion of a RD, RG, MG, MB, etc. It takes the serious away and toss in a bit of childish fun. They are simi SD but not, and is pretty poseable. They have effect parts and stand and some extras bonus.
They are great desktop toys that you can play around whenever you have some dead time, no need to place them in a glass display case like the Metal Build.
>>
So fucking sick of the Origin shit. I don't mind the occasional nostalgia wank but they're just being lazy fuckheads at this point.
>>
>>6180078
origin is the best thing to happen to MSG

but what does this have to do with robot damashii
>>
>>6180081
>but what does this have to do with robot damashii
Are you retarded?
>>
>>6180083

Are you? Not a single one of the ANIME figures has been from Gundam: The Origin, you fucking mong.
>>
>>6180065
i would have love these if they wouldn't constantly pop off at the joints
and also more paintapps
>>
>>6180065
They mustn't be selling too well because I saw QanT going for like 75% off on Amiami last year. Then again, it was around the same week the RG went up for order...
>>
Wait, am I high, or did i hear about the barbatos getting another release with different accessories?
>>
>>6180238
Haven't heard anything solid yet, but I know I would love if they released a Barbatos Lupus Rex. After seeing that thing in action I'd happily own an RD of it.
>>
>>6180246
I prefer the regular Lupus design more. Rex has some nice features but the overall proportions just look way too awkward for my taste.
>>
>>6180115
>thinking they're not releasing a bunch of new versions of old fucking 0079 figures to shill the Origin
Yeah dude. It's all just a "coincidence". You're totally not a delusional fucktard.
>>
>>6180391
Considering the anime versions look nothing like the Origin versions, basically
>>
>>6180395
Â¥200 has been deposited to your account.
>>
>>6180391
Considering ORIGINS doesn't even cover the OYW (thus not even featuring most of the suits being released), basically
>>
>>6180391

You're an idiot.
>>
>>6180391
yes, they're releasing oyw figures, but their designs differ greatly from origin, and if you are basing this from the ova doms and zgoks havent shown up, nor the f.a.

you seem to be grasping straws
>>
>>6175876
I have the Strike Freedom and Destiny myself, and there's pretty fun to have, plus I enjoy the look of the NXEdge line.
>>
>>6180412
>Considering ORIGINS doesn't even cover the OYW
But it does, just not in the OVAs yet.
>>
>>6180391

How dumb can you even be? None of the designs are the same. Period. Fuck off.
>>
>>6180391
Dumbest thing I've read all day. The level of stupidity I expected from people who hate origin for some reason.
>>
>>6180391
DUDE....you got roasted.....kek
>>6181036
>>6181026
>>6180506
>>6180434
>>6180412
>>6180395
>>
>>6168670
Holy shit. After almost 10 fucking days the guy finally sent the goddamn Laevatein to me. It should arrive on the 16.
Fuck him. I'll just remove my debit card from the site and stop using that account altogether and fucking keep both the Laevatein and the Sinanju.
>>
>>6180246
All I thought when I saw Rex in action was that I wanted a RD of it.
Still wishing that option set would get some sort of release, otherwise I might just have to buy a HG for the wrench mace.

>>6181214
I suppose I can take that Sinanju off your hands to help clear your mind of the bad juju.
>>
>>6174169
Just sent payment on this guy, can't wait. Dougram is one of my favorite anime of all time and it's about time I saw what this Hi-Metal thing is all about.

>>6180078
No, just no.
>>
>>6171667
MyKombini has it.
>>
>>6181243
I live in Mexico and don't know the first thing about shipping stuff to the US.
>>
File: 7-7.jpg (519KB, 1476x984px) Image search: [Google]
7-7.jpg
519KB, 1476x984px
>>6172025
YES
>>
File: ULJS00025_00019.jpg (264KB, 1351x764px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00025_00019.jpg
264KB, 1351x764px
>>6180078

son, I am disappointed at you and your retarded opinion.
>>
File: 70214_151051666.jpg (307KB, 1603x1202px) Image search: [Google]
70214_151051666.jpg
307KB, 1603x1202px
>>6178361
The Testament doesn't have the best articulation by any mean but he can pretty much pull any pose I could think of. He can also stand surprisingly well on those tiny feet.

>>6181775
Goddammit my wallet this month...
>>
>>6181214
don't be a dick. The guy is sending you what you ordered.
>>
>>6178361
Exia Repair. The lack of front skirt on the left side actually frees up more range for the leg + the Exia mold is already super poseable
>>
>>6183366
but can it do a handstand like the z'gok?
>>
File: madman.jpg (1MB, 3024x3663px) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
1MB, 3024x3663px
>>6183450
That reminds me
>>
>>6181473
use mexpost or any other shipping service like dhl
its quite expensive though
>>
File: 967979.jpg (443KB, 1000x656px) Image search: [Google]
967979.jpg
443KB, 1000x656px
>>6180213
>They mustn't be selling too well

They are not very popular in the West, but in Japan they are selling a lot. Z Gundam is the latest addition to my NX collection, and it's really good. Some NXedge are weak or have parts that come off, not the Z. The figure is sturdy and strong. It also comes with all the weapons and is very playable.

With the 00 Raiser, Z is probably one of the best of the line, right now.
>>
>>6185385
What about Mazinkaiser?
>>
MB F91
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7nuJBL0iw

Do I like it or not?
>>
File: 32806553611_7c6500d445_b.jpg (205KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
32806553611_7c6500d445_b.jpg
205KB, 1024x683px
>>6185410
You need others tell you what to think?
Anyways, new reissue for the Seven Sword, this time with new marks and the GN blaster.
>>
Also a look at the RD Zaku Cannon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2rga_gYH4
>>
>>6185443
>new reissue for the Seven Sword,
oh boy, can't wait to rage at the fucking online pages for not allowing me to preorder it
>>
>>6185398
I have no idea because i have Gundam only. I would buy the Kaiser, but it bothers me that Bandai has never released the Shin getter, Mazinger or Grendizer. I want them together, but the Kaiser alone is a bit sad.
>>
>>6185516
Looks like I'm not the only one subscribed to that channel.
>>
File: 065-1082x1280.jpg (454KB, 1082x1280px) Image search: [Google]
065-1082x1280.jpg
454KB, 1082x1280px
>>6185599
>Mazinger or Grendizer.
recent event in hongkong shows both z, great and grendizer, along with ultraman, mechagodzilla and others
but shin getter also appeared 2 years ago and still no release, so..
>>
>>6185443
I'm already quite happy with my Metal Gear KO but I admit the GN blaster is tempting...
>>
>>6186259
IIRC Metal Gear is planning an add-on with the big goofy gun and a second huge sword.
>>
>>6186290
>>6186259
Metal Gear?
>>
File: metalgear00.jpg (387KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
metalgear00.jpg
387KB, 1600x1200px
>>6186290
Any pics?

>>6186294
Chinese knock-off company, one of the better ones actually. Near identical look-wise and joints are reportedly tighter than the official Bandai release.
>>
File: 1487300249026.jpg (170KB, 1400x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487300249026.jpg
170KB, 1400x512px
>>
>>6186702

That Zaku. Why are the best versions of things always exclusive to some random Asian con
>>
>>6186717
Because people who go to those asian cons actually have money and are willing to buy those things?
>>
>>6186290
>>6186354
WIP
>>
>>6186717
>asian con
too bad you don't live in NYC, anon
>>
>>6166079
How long much longer do I have to wait until my boy Gogg gets a release?
>>
>>6186354
Two photos... the prototype...
>>
File: 65656.jpg (105KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
65656.jpg
105KB, 1000x667px
>>6186354
MetalGear/MC wants to make a weapon pack for Seven Sword Blue and Red with another giga Sword, GN blades and the Gun. The release date should be the end of February.
>>
>>6186907
>>6187269
Wish they included the GN Sword 3 as a bonus...
>>
>>6186702

Fuck I want that zaku, how would a layman find that? Scour mandarake when it comes out?
>>
File: 20170217_110505.jpg (695KB, 1909x576px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_110505.jpg
695KB, 1909x576px
>>6187599
Yes.

In other news, awwwwwww shiiiit my robot bros, it's here.
>>
>>6187599
That should work fine. I see the similar RX-78-2 that was a Tamashii Nations event exclusive back in October on Mandarake fairly often.
>>
>>6187603

Wait another anon said new york, does that mean they will be available in the states? Shit I need to go
>>
>>6187608
Yeah NY is one of the stops on the tour, where those exclusives will be sold. If they treat it like the Movie Poster Gundam there will be a p-bandai release later on.
>>
>>6187623

I'm in California and have never been to new york, do any toy anons want to set up like a tamashii meet up?
>>
File: 20170217_153227.jpg (1MB, 1152x1811px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_153227.jpg
1MB, 1152x1811px
>>6187603
>>
>>6188271
"I can't go home anymoooooore"
>>
File: 20170217_153939.jpg (995KB, 1381x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_153939.jpg
995KB, 1381x1152px
>>6188271
Front box.
>>
File: 20170217_163008.jpg (1MB, 1152x1830px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_163008.jpg
1MB, 1152x1830px
>>6188271
Shot of the background insert
>>
>>6188271
Clamshell, the only real surprise is an extra antenna
>>
File: 1487371875782.png (150KB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487371875782.png
150KB, 719x1280px
>>
>>6188271
Loaded question, but is he worth it?
>>
>>6188810
Without a doubt, there's a lot of interesting engineering going on with this figure, especially with the cockpit and how the different crinns fit into it. I really like the extra heft tthat the diecast parts provide as well. Definitely worth the $130, no question in my mind.
>>
>>6188824
Now everyone go out and buy one so we can get Soltics and Crab Gunners.
>>
>>6188832
Soltic/Roundfacer is coming. It's teased as the next release.
>>
>>6188837
I think i vaguely remember that, got pics? At this rate we're bound to get a p-bandai exclusive desert crab gunner.
>>
>>6188752
I came.
>>
File: bnr-5.jpg (216KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
bnr-5.jpg
216KB, 1280x850px
I just picked up the Full Armor ZZ RD on clearance at BBTS. I love this guy, so damn bulky. I was hesitant because it is not in the white and gray Sentinel FAZZ colors, but it looks like we will be getting that FAZZ in the Ka Signature line, so its all good.
>>
File: 2267ec41.jpg (11KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
2267ec41.jpg
11KB, 400x431px
>>6188837
>>6188879
Nevermind I found it, it's just a preview image. Still it's nice to know we'll be getting more.
>>
File: SAM_1181.jpg (393KB, 1052x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1181.jpg
393KB, 1052x1600px
>>6188879

They wouldn't make an all new Hi-metal mold just to sell it as an exclusive. It'll be regular release or not at all for the crab gunner.

Much hoping for ironfoot and bushman myself.
>>
>>6190151
I thought the desert crab gunner was the same as the regular crab gunner except for in the legs? No?

Also here's some (really terrible imo) pics of the Real Color Type Zaku from Toy Fair 2017
>>
>>6190224
>>
>>6190224
Rocket effects confirmed?

That'd be real good for people with no intention of picking up Char's Zaku.
>>
>>6190226
It took me a while to realize that it's box art is in the top left corner, samefag btw.
>>
>>6190151
Whats the deal with Robotech/Mech Warrior and Dougram anyway? Did they just straight up steal designs from the show?
>>
>>6190264

Mech warrior stole the designs. Revell licensed takara and imai kits of Dougram, Macross, and Orguss, and sold them under the robotech label.

The kits were still molded in the original dougram colors and had the dougram decal sets.
>>
>>6190296
By all appearances, Battletech licensed the designs properly. Harmony Gold licensed the animation for Macross from a broadcaster and somehow thought this gave them international ownership of the designs and they went full retard in a clusterfuck that took decades to solve because no one wanted to waste the time dealing with those sue-happy fuckwits.
>>
>>6190402
>a clusterfuck that took decades to solve

I'd imagine so, it's hard to tell who's who even now in retrospect. Like for example I guess the Revell Robotech brand was different from the Harmony Gold one? But then at some point they signed a co-liscensing agreement and adopted the same name and logo? What a clusterfuck indeed.
>>
>>6190516
The co-branding was likely Harmony Gold shaking them down, if I had to guess. Basically, Harmony Gold licensed only the animation, but they pretended they had rights to the mechanical designs themselves and by extension all merch and other uses involving those designs.

Revell could have either not researched it at the time or decided just shutting them up via the cross-branding stuff was easier. Notably the Unseen designs from BattleTech have come back both in tabletop and in Mechwarrior Online, and will be showing up in HBS' new Battletech game as well since they're using MWO's models. So whatever legal issues were involved, it seems they're pretty confident they're in the clear on them.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_112614_099.jpg (350KB, 1243x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_112614_099.jpg
350KB, 1243x1136px
>>6188271
Took some more pics sans turbozak
>>
>>6190680
And with the cockpit open
>>
I hope we get a Blockhead from Dougram. It's my favorite enemy design by far.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_112722_876.jpg (588KB, 1817x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_112722_876.jpg
588KB, 1817x1152px
>>6190680
Top down on cockpit.
>>
>>6190687
I just got to the episode that debuted them snd now I want one too.

Also holy shit this show is amazing, I love the attention to detail and focus on realism. Usually with anime plots I'll be like "well why didn't they just do suchnsuch?" In this show I say that and then immediately after one of the characters will bring it up, every single time.
>>
>>6190698
Dougram is fucking on point. A really stellar series. If I have one complaint though it's that the Dougram itself is stupidly durable. It gets routinely HAMMERED by the enemy and I think the most damage it ever suffers is having a shoulder panel pop off. Kinda silly.
>>
>>6190224
Man, real type Zaku looks so darn good.

>>6190693
Digging all your photos of Dougram, anon! Both these new ones and your earlier ones.

If you've got any more, give me a few minutes and I'll have a new thread up if you'd like to post 'em there.
>>
File: 019 (6).jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
019 (6).jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
New thread!

>>6190723
>>
>>6190687
The Blockhead is really cool, but I keep seeing those guns as little teeny tiny eyes on stalks and it makes me laugh. That combined with the grille "mouth" right below it makes me think of the Blockhead as some sort of goofy hunchbacked crab.
>>
>>6190730
We're only on page 4 and the image limit hasn't been reached you stupid plonker
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.