[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army Alphas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: ArmyAlphasImage.png (348KB, 592x444px) Image search: [Google]
ArmyAlphasImage.png
348KB, 592x444px
What ever happened to this kickstarter? I really want these things.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489380015/army-alphas-6-1-12-scale-army-builder-action-figur
>>
File: legionkick.jpg (78KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
legionkick.jpg
78KB, 1024x576px
Same thing that is going to happen to this kickstarter

you're better off buying MGR's figures, whose name i forget.
Marauder's Gun Runners
>>
>>6153955
>Marauder's Gun Runners
are 1:18 and not 1:12

This is the first time I heard of Army Alphas. I might have been interested in a couple $25 skellies, Maybe. Kind of a bland sculpt and paint, I would definitely have to weather them a bit.
>>
>>6153960
oh.

You're collecting the wrong scale if you want army builders like that.
>>
>>6153943
>Green army man comes with a SCAR instead of an M16 which is basically the rifle of choice for army men

Dropped
>>
>>6153943
dead for bad management and lack of interest
>>
>>6154046
Typical of several kikestarters.
>>
>>6153943

I was just wondering this myself.

>>6154046

Its a fucking shame. When it comes to 1/12 I've always wanted just plain ass American soldiers, Marines, and SAS guys. I'd also like to see hoplites and Greco/Roman figures like hoplites and Medusa. I know Boss Studio has them in 1/18 but I want 1/12.

At least Mythic Legends actually happened.
>>
File: 12512238654_4594dd3f2e_b.jpg (193KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
12512238654_4594dd3f2e_b.jpg
193KB, 1024x685px
>>6153943
They cancelled before the KS deadline & said they were going to reassess.

The first two figs in OP's pics were the openers with the Skellys & 'green army men' as stretch goals (I think..memory is fuzzy) and in the deep side of the stretch goals they offered versions in tacitcool black & a red bad guy version which was the problem. Collectors didn't really want 1/12 army+swat guys as much as GOONS & HENCHMEN for hero's to beat up like pic related.

I think the said they were going to reassess & try again in a year & inferred they realized they should have made the bad guy army builders first instead of the final stretch goal.
>>
>>6153943
Like some other posters have mentioned they mismanaged their kickstarter. They ran the kickstarter at the same time that they were taking pre-orders for the figures from BBTS, which pretty much means that the kickstarter got only half the funding it was actually pulling in via interest.

They were also still going through developments of the figures articulation during the campaign, with those prototypes in the OP picture being outdated a week into it since they gave the army men double jointed elbows.

>>6156824
The bone skellies were openers too, they came with a sword and shield and everything, it was the glow in the dark skellies that were stretch goals.

Personally i'm really hoping these guys come back, i'd love to have a bunch of 1/12 glow in the dark skeletons. The mythic legion skeletons are alright but their proportions are very cartoonish and fantastical compared to what army alphas were working on.
>>
>>6157050
>Like some other posters have mentioned they mismanaged their kickstarter. They ran the kickstarter at the same time that they were taking pre-orders for the figures from BBTS, which pretty much means that the kickstarter got only half the funding it was actually pulling in via interest.

This is exactly true as all orders placed through BBTS led to BBTS increasing the funds they were putting into the KS. It was basically a middleman service. However Kickstarter limited the amount BBTS could pledge suddenly and funding slowed down.

Then the guy ran into personal problems (iirc it was a serious family issue) that forced him to fully shut down the project and he hasn't been around to start it up again since. Months prior to and during the initial push of the Kickstarter, he was very active on the Fwoosh forums as both a toy producer and just regular member. He created the figures with a lot of fan input during the design stages and wanted to make sure he had actual physical prototypes in hand before we launched. I fully feel had he not had the BBTS and Family issues the line would have been a success.

I'm hoping things eventually do get better for him as he seemed like a generally decent fellow, and it would be great to see the Kickstarter start up again. He would certainly do things differently and rearrange some stretch goals so it would most likely do better the second time around.
>>
File: kicktraq.com_dailypledges.png (28KB, 940x270px) Image search: [Google]
kicktraq.com_dailypledges.png
28KB, 940x270px
>>6153955
Another failure.
>>
>>6158520
Ahh, Thanks fro the info.

I remember talking to the guy too, he was nice. He said he invested a lot of money into this project, so I think he'll bring it back if we're lucky.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.