[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project 13 Trooper KS thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (92KB, 680x937px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 680x937px
Thoughts on this? Found this while browsing KS after i pledged for ML. Looks pretty cool. 1/6 scale trooper. Looks fantastic.
>>
>>6153395
Link here 4 chan keeps marking it as spam

projects/greenwolfgear/13-project-1-6-scale-collectable-action-figure
>>
Pretty cool design, actually. Hope it gets funded, it's clear that this is a passion project.
>>
>>6153395
I love this guy work.
Now if that would have been one of his females or post-apo figure I'd jumped in..
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 671x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 671x960px
>>6153395
I was thinking of posting this but didnt think /toy/ had enough interest in 1/6th. I am incredibly excited for this figure.

The first guy in the video Dorgmal Snow is a top 1/6 customizer. His stuff is rediculously good and hes a great guy. Many of his figures are one offs and incredibly expensive. This is a great entry to his work. Unfortunatly to get the custom versions hand weathered by him are pretty expensive. Regardless the base trooper looks really rad.

>>6154778
Yeah I feel the same his females are top notch however I think the trooper can fit with any collection and i guess is more vanilla and a good starting point. Pic not related but he did tease a female as the next figure if this gets funded.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 1367x2048px)
image.jpg
146KB, 1367x2048px
>>6154778
Heres a pic he teased on his Facebook. saying more to come if the trooper gets funding. I wonder how long that will take or if he meant it as a stretch goal or another KS down the line.
>>
>>6154788
>>6154791
I love this specific one the most. The way these figure looks dirty and rugged is truly masterwork.
I was just hoping he could do more KS after this first one, those are indeed great times we live in.
>>
Damn these figures are awesome, shame they cost 300 dollars, way out of my pay range. Currently in college so I don't have a lot around.

>>6154860
Totally agree they're really pieces of art and the universe sounds pretty lit.
>>
You guys know if this'll be available to fund after they reach their peak and time is still left or after they reach the stated amount can you no longer pre-order.

Shit costs a lot, I mean for that much money in CAD I could finish my collection of a suit of medieval armor.
>>
>>6156256
You can still throwing money at founder as long as the KS is up and running.
Sometimes even after it is expired if you write the founder and ask nicely to be added, but don't rely on that and just put money when campains are running.
>>
>>6153395
Is this the same guy that made all those awesome 40K figures? I always wanted to commission that guy.
>>
>>6157070
Yes it is. Good eyes anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 671x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 671x960px
>>6157103
>>6157070
Forgot pic im retarded. But yes. He did a run of 40k guys. This is a chance to get some of his work without being punishingly expensive.
>>
>>6157106
Do you know how much he charges for commissions?
>>
>>6154788
What is this figure?
I want it.
>>
>>6157973
He's backed up, like years backed up, and you can expect upwards of $800 at the very least.
>>
Really torn about this figure, 300 dollars is a lot for a figure based on a universe we know very little about..
>>
>>6158354
The base figure is £160. Do you really need prints, t-shirt keylogo etc..?
>>
>>6158386
As >>6156248
>>6156256
said the figure costs 300 in CAD
How did this even happen, our currency is trash XD
>>
>>6158388
>300 in CAD
Damn sorry pal, my bad. I tend to forget there are other dollars out there besided us.
>>
>>6158411
Its cool man shit happens I thought it was 160 then I saw the currency sign and dropped dead. Would be too hard to justify really :/
>>
>>6158280
That's a shame. The price was no surprise to me. Waiting a few years for my figure would suck.
>>
I'm torn as well, I dig it for $200, but am really tempted by the handpainted one for $400,but can't really justify $400 even though it would be badass. What do, toy, what do
>>
>>6158549
I'd say the 300 CAD version, shit better be hand painted quality if its that expensive. Honestly the hand painted one is probably somewhat better in terms of paint job but I'd think its more of an artistic thing.
>>
>>6158571
I guess all version are hand painted. I mean, beides airbrush how could they paint it?
Maybe he put some extra care and detailing on the 400 one, but still belive they are all painted in a small workshop.
>>
>>6158571
>>6159261

I guess you guys don't know how toys are made.

Yes they are all hand painted, but the cheaper ones (and yes, for under $200 they are cheap,or average these days) are done in a factory by factory workers.

The handpainted 100 day war version are painted up by the main guy in his workshop, who is widely regarded as one of the best 1/6th customizers working. So his paintjob will be miles better than some asian teenager who was taught how to paint the figures a week ago.
>>
>>6158571
>>6158571
Yeah that 400$ version is just additionally hand weathered/customized by snow. I wish i could justify it but im having trouble. I think im still gonna go with the basic one.
>>
>>6159334
>done in a factory by factory workers
Where did you got that info?
>>
>>6159487
Can draw to this conclusion reading the kickstarter.
>>
Just curious, how many here are going to back it?
>>
>>6159502
Im very on the fence. I love it, but I am tight on cash. It's the kind of thing where I'm not currently buying toys but this seems special so I'm considering making an exception.
>>
>>6159487
>6159487
..is this a serious question? lol do you think kickstarter money gets put under a pillow and the kickstarter fairy comes and puts a toy under it for you or what?
>>
>>6160727
You pulled a nice image I like that, but on the whole an half assed try 3/10.
>>
>>6161338
the adult who hasn't learned that toys get produced at a factory has other brilliant posts to share with us everyone
>>
>>6160727
>>6161348
Ok, I got it kid, since you haven't anything to contribute you want to turn the thread into a shitfest. Good luck.
>>
Wish there were some stretch goals for this, some more Accessories would be awesome but it seems like they're Ignoring the kickstarter since it's funded
>>
>>6160419
>>6159334

>Falling for jew tricks
>Paying 200+ dollars for jew factory product made by a 12 year old.
>>
File: U4M9 Brigade Uran Switch-127.jpg (261KB, 996x1536px) Image search: [Google]
U4M9 Brigade Uran Switch-127.jpg
261KB, 996x1536px
>>6153395
These would be pretty awesome if they do another round.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.