[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megabloks TMNT: We Construx Now Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

New Megabloks TMNT are hitting, including old-school Samurai Leo, Camo Rocksteady, old-school Disguise Mikey, and Nicktoons Blind Bags Series 4. I have no idea if Series 4 is Karai/Jelly Leo/Space Mikey, or KillBill April/FishFace/Ghost Don. Anyone know?
>>
>>
>>6152880

Damn series 5 is already being shown? I kinda wish 2012 Foot Leo's mask could fit over the classic fig's heads.

If they would have just added elbow articulation, I'd be all over them.
>>
>>6152898
The Classics and the Movie figures all have elbows, so you could maybe do some kitbashing. If they had elbows they'd be perfect, but once I get them in hand, I don't really miss them.
>>
>>6152907

I want to say someone tried kitbashing the turtles but the skin tones were just too different.
>>
So is Mega Construx the new name? everything seems to be conforming to it slowly at TRU
>>
File: flysqaud.jpg (1008KB, 2151x1216px) Image search: [Google]
flysqaud.jpg
1008KB, 2151x1216px
>>6152879
Really enjoying all the WalMart clearances. Picked up the sewer lair for just $9. These Foot Soldiers were $1 each.

I like how they're releasing the existing figs in blind bags as well. Still waiting on Casey.
>>
When did they change their name and why?

Was Mega Bloks too negative sounding?
>>
>>6153970
maybe to sound hip and edgy with today's market? but the Dinotrux theme uses it too...
>>
>>6153016
>>6153970
>>6154017
I'm just guessing that someone threatened a lawsuit. Mega Construx is way clunkier than MB, and it really isn't common business practice to change the name of an established product, just for fun.
>>
>>6153145
Oh man, I got there at just the right time, and scored a bunch! Classic Leo and Don, Training Raph, Casey/Donnie vehicle pack, and Rocksteady+3 Foots, all for $15.
>>
>>6153145
I'm glad someone bought all those movie Foots. I don't love the movie designs, though I did nab Mike, Donnie and Leo for $1 each.
>>
>>6153145
>>6154378
>go to local store to pickup whatever soldier mooks remain on clearance
>50 casey jones and a single gummy leo
>>
>>6152879
>>6152880
I've been passing on the jelly turtles, but maybe I should pick them up while they're still at retail. Some real killer figures in S.4 and S.5
>>
>>6154349
More likely, Mattel had a "play or pay" style of arrangement where the IP would revert to the Construx creator if Mattel sat on it for too long without doing anything. Rather than compete against itself in an already competitive construction toy market, voilĂ : Mega Construx.
>>
>>6155022
I was initially just going to get the four main Nick Turtles, but loved them so much that I cannot stop. I have almost everything. The jellys are awesome.
>>
>>6152898
Yeah, the lack of elbows on the Nick turtles bothers me too much. I love both the movie and old-school lines, but I love the Mega Bloks/"Construx" articulation. It's a big part of the draw for me. Knowing what it COULD easily be versus what it actually is just makes it not worth the price to me.
>>
>>6156355
That's totally how I felt at first. But they're just so damn charming, elbows aside. If they did have elbows, they'd basically be perfect.
>>
Picked up my first ever mega bloks witha clearance krang yesterday. The crazy amounts of articulation on the minifigs is really cool, but i dont love krang. I wish it was more along the lines of those big lego star wars figures. Also not really happy with the plastic quality.

But at only $9 it's an incredible value.
>>
I just wish the Nick turtles weren't so shit. I think the new show is awesome, far better than I had originally given them credit for, but the figures... goddamn. You have the fucking technology, make a good fig already! Fuck!

Having said that, I bought the fuck out of the classic line and the Eastman/Laird series. The motherfucking Technodrome is so goddamn huge, I just had to fill it with foot soldiers. I love it, I'm like a little kid all over again.
>>
>>6152879
I can't find series 3 in Canada, and actually, 2 just came out like last week.
Series 5 looks dope. What is that? A different Shredder?
>>
>>6157024
Looks like an Elite Footbot.
>>
>>6157024
>>6157435
The red one is one of Karai's human foot soldiers.
>>
>>6158309
>>6157435
when these set to release?
>>
>>6158309
Hamato clan?
>>
I wonder what the mystery is?
>>
>>6152879
do these things even have codes? i tried looking for some mousers but the bags seem to all have the same code under the upc
>>
>>6160763
Triceraton
>>
>>6153145

I picked up the Rocksteady and Bebop sets with foot soldiers for $4 each! Good shit.
>>
>>6160844
They have codes, but I'm not sure if they're actually useful.
>>6160849
He was the mystery figure from S.3.
>>
>>6160763
Tigerclaw, with his head turned so the right ear is kind of hidden?
>>
>>6162582
it is in fact tigerclaw, yes, but with a much shittier paint job and different colors
>>
File: 20170203_212339.jpg (983KB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_212339.jpg
983KB, 4032x2268px
Can this be a mega bloks minifig general?

I got nowhere else to post my tropical skittles halo squad
>>
>>6164152
Yeah, I have no idea why someone made a TMNT specific Mega General.

Splitting Mega Bloks off into its own separate thread from Plastic Building Blocks was already dumb as hell, we don't need to separate it out into a different general for each Mega line.
>>
File: 81R1eET2ZmL._SL1500_.jpg (207KB, 1500x961px) Image search: [Google]
81R1eET2ZmL._SL1500_.jpg
207KB, 1500x961px
>>6160844

They do but like the Halo blind bags they're different according to the batch number which is a pretty big pain in the ass.

Too bad about TIger Claw in the series 4 but the pack hes in with Leo and the foot soldier was like $9 at Wal-mart. I spent pretty much just as much money as I would have if I had gotten him as a single plus he looks better.

Also have some Super Shredder.
>>
File: sev1glory.jpg (77KB, 336x585px) Image search: [Google]
sev1glory.jpg
77KB, 336x585px
>>6153145
These foot soldiers remind me of snake eyes from GI Joe.
>>
File: miniongeneral.jpg (90KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
miniongeneral.jpg
90KB, 800x400px
>>6165281
This is now an American Gurl Mega Thread!
>>
>>6161142
I now have 18 Foot Soldiers and 5 Bebops thanks to these being put on clearance.
>>
>>6166639
Send me a bebop. We third world countriers never got those sets.
>>
File: tumblr_okv4uxMkBU1uuxhjio1_540.jpg (107KB, 540x711px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okv4uxMkBU1uuxhjio1_540.jpg
107KB, 540x711px
Seeing as how Mega and Minimates are the only 2012 TMNT stuff I buy I need Usagi and Jei in block format pronto.
>>
>>6166663
I'm actually giving two to some friends and maybe I'll take the others and leave somewhere for some lucky person to find
>>
>>6166614
Getting monster high Megablocks is a nightmare.
So I cant imagine how harder will be to get American Gurls.
>>
>>6166732
Come on. Let's get some pen pals shit going on. I'll send you a thirld world toy and you send me a bebop.
>>
>>6166663
>>6169123
i'm in the same fucking boat
thirld worlder here too
all i want are some articulated minis
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.