[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it all go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 33

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
in 2007 when the transformers movie made ~2.4brazillion dollars
>>
File: 1484971754957.png (1B, 486x500px)
1484971754957.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6151051
I knew the movie wasnt gonna be a good movie, i knew it was gonna be bayformers 2.0, it still finds new ways to disappoint me.
>>
when you didnt post in the power rangers thread
and stupid millennials
>>
>>6151059
This.
>>
>>6151091
I don't lurk on here ever. no time to deal with manchildren.
>>
>>6151105
>caring about power rangers

No anon you are the manchildren.
>>
>>6151051
Honestly I wouldn't mind it so much but it's a fucking parts former. Literally what's the fucking point?
>>
>>6151051
The design has started to grow on me but wtf at mastadon have like 8 legs
>>
>>6157082
To make as much money off this thing while spending as little as they can of their own. Also, the size of the combined thing is probably the main draw
>>
>>6157085
ALIENS.
>>
ON LEFT, VOLTRON KNOCK OFF.

ON RIGHT, ALIEN DESIGNED MORPHEDTOGETHER ROBOT MAN
>>
I feel like this is far worse than what's happened with Transformers.

Say what you will about the designs of the Bayformers, but at least the toys were, for the most part, good representations of the on-screen version and actually transformed.

Maybe the Power Rangers sequel will have better toys the same way the quality shifted between the first Transformers and Revenge of the Fallen. Doubtful, but I need to have some glimmer of hope.

I just wish they put more effort into making a proper transforming Megazord.
>>
>>6151051
>Where did it all go wrong?

In Hollywood. Where dreams go to die, taking dreamers with them.
>>
>>6151051
>Yellow ranger forms hips and crotch

Lewd.
>>
>>6157274
Giant combining robot anime exist that predate Voltron, so Voltron itself is a ripoff.
>>
>>6157622

Golion was the first with an asymmetric appearance and the first where all the components have basically the same mode.

But yeah, combining goes all the way back to Getter Robo, at least.
>>
>>6151051
Why the fuck did they change the configuration? I can understand (but disagree) with the redesign but why the fuck is the mastodon a leg and the sabertooth tiger the crotch?
>>
>>6157651
Oh, well then, I guess you'd have to call it an improvement on the original concept it copied.

Like maybe making multiple robots with completely unique, yet themed designs combining to form one uniform robot. As oppose to 3 unique designs with two that are just repaints.
>>
>>6157661

vagina dentata summa
>>
File: god sigma src.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
god sigma src.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6157651
>Golion was the first with an asymmetric appearance and the first where all the components have basically the same mode.

No. God Sigma is also asymmetrical, the components have the same mode (they are all humanoid robots) and also did the blue and yellow legs, black torso and V red wings before Voltron.
>>
>>6157702
>God Sigma

Ah! you're right. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>6157702
Go lion might have been the first to do it with robotic animals tho.
>>
>>6157278
>good representations of the on-screen version and actually transformed.
I'd agree with you right up until Movie 4, and it shows on the toys when the engineers can't figure out how to transform them because it's impossible to tell.
>>
>>6157278
>Bandai of America
>effort on power ranger toys
Pick one anon.
>>
I honestly think the movie will be shit but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I'd feel better about it if it weren't basically Chronicle with mechas and power ranger suits..

That and old man Heim Saban, seriously, fuck Heim Saban.
>>
File: golion sigma.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
golion sigma.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6157758

That's possible, but the idea of using a robotic lion as a giant robot component was first used in Daltanious nonetheless.

Like in most cases the concept was influenced by several prior works, but if we talk about the robot design itself it's clearly very influenced by God Sigma. The overall resemblances in shapes and colors are uncanny.
>>
>>6157272
>ALIENS.
THEN WHY THE FUCK IS IT A MASTADON?!?!
WHY THE FUCK ARE AT LEAST THREE OTHERS BASED ON EXISTING PREHISTORIC EARTH ANIMALS?!?!
>>
File: themoreyouknow.gif (1B, 486x500px)
themoreyouknow.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>6158004
You may not know this, but Dinosaurs actually were brought here from another planet. One of the reasons they went extinct. They weren't actually meant to exist in this environment.
>>
>>6151051

I mean, it already went wrong with the first Legacy Megazord, which is inferior to the original toy in like every way except diecast.

American Power Rangers toys are all shit post Wild Force and Kakuranger.
>>
File: SOC Daizyujin.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SOC Daizyujin.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6151051

Where did it all go right?
>>
>>6158078
Certaintly not the torso. Couldn't they find a better way to hide the rex's arms better, or just making them smaller like the original toy?
>>
>>6158078
>Those people who actually wanted show proportions and are butthurt the SoC is based off the toy

Laugh at the people who wanted this; an SoC with a head as big as its torso.
>>
File: 5etjtj.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
5etjtj.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6158085

They made them longer so they are more screen accurate in dino mode. Them showing in robot mode as sides of the torso don't retract from the looks in any way in my opinion, the waist would look too thin without them.

In fact, they were painted in the actual suit waist. They based this on the toy mostly, but the T-Rex arms being longer and showing in robot mode seem to be a nod to the show props.
>>
>>6158087

I'm all for show accuracy, but the only exception are sentai robots. Even as a kid I always though that the toys had the "canon" proportions and the costumes in the show were just a compromise because they needed to have a dude inside moving them.

There's also the fact that the transformation sequences in the show always use the toy proportions because they wouldn't really work otherwise, and after the combination is finished then they obviously change the props to a guy in a suit with completely wrong proportions if the thing actually transformed.
>>
File: 436357.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
436357.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6158087

>That tiny ass sword

It was even funnier when the guy in the suit had to wear a grey glove and use his actual hand to hold the sword, resulting in one hand being double the size of the other. It was so obvious that even as an eight years old kid I noticed instantly.
>>
>>6157766
Yeah, I was mainly talking about Revenge of the Fallen and some of the first and third movie. I don't think I got a single toy from Age of Extinction outside of the dinobots.

>>6157771
The legacy line is very well done. The main show toys are bad compared to the sentai versions, but they're still far better than what was done for the movie toys.
>>
>>6158078

This is perfection except the elbows are going to be a little weird looking
>>
>>6157771
The Legacy weapons are pretty amazing, only thing that they could improve on would be adding display stands.

I wish BoJ's Tamashii Lab line would start making weapons for more main stream series. Why they went for the Supergun and Gavens sword for the first two releases is beyond me, that shit is going to shelfwarm hard.
>>
It's truly baffling that a toy made in 2017 looks far cheaper and tackier than one made nearly 30 years earlier.
>>
I think the new megazord toy is garbage. I dont mind the new designs, irealizr its supposed to be a reimagining of the series with an "alien" aestetic. But my issue is that the new megazord is a klunky expensive partsformer with large hollow plasric peices.
But you know what? Why are we complaining? We got the legacy megazord a few years ago. We got the SRC which can still be had for reasonable prices. And we are also getting the soul of chogokin, a big chow accurate transforming metal megazord with articulation. And best of all, Super mini pla. Model kits of posable zords that turn into a posable robot. And seeing as its sold out everywhere TWICE, im assuming that we will get the dragonzord and titanus later. So chill guys.
>>
>>6159102

Yeah the design is one thing but when you see these in the store and examine them they seem more like beach toys than any kind of serious attempt at a Megazord.
>>
For royalties reasons every licensed cash-cow that goes through the Hollywood machine has to be rendered visually distinct enough to make it become the Intellectual Property of the production company. That way Bandai or Hasbro or Mattel or whoever can't sell movie merch later on without the producers getting a cut of the pie.

In order to do that they work with established Hollywood artists who, like the screenwriters and directors, often think excessively high of themselves and are more concerned with "using creative license" and "making it their own" than they are with actually giving the established fanbase what they want.

Sometimes it works out okay, other times you get iguana 'Zilla.
>>
>>6159102
We are complaining to show we don't care about garbage like we did with Zilla
>>
>>6158075
>inferior to the original toy in like every way except diecast.
The diecast is the worst thing about it. The prototype looks great, but the final product has shiny metal bits juxtaposed against dull grey plastic. Looks terrible. It's an improvement over the original in proportions though. I hate how much of a brick the original looks like, and I hate that the SoC is going for the same brick proportions instead of making it resemble what was seen on screen.
>>
File: Megazordfirst.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Megazordfirst.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6160133
>instead of making it resemble what was seen on screen.

Kek, that thing was even more of a fucking brick! Would a show accurate Megazord come with a super tiny human hand in a glove for sword poses? MUH SHOW ACCURACY.

Glad they AREN'T doing something like this, the individual zords would look like shiiiit.
>>
>>6160145
I'm curious how many who care for screen accuracy have the female yellow ranger and not the male one instead.
>>
>>6160148
I have the female figuarts, but I keep meaning to buy a male one. But I'm also fucking stupid and wanted to buy a whole second ranger team to represent all the cast changes by late season 3 (Rocky, Adam, Aisha,and Katherine). Then the prices started shooting up.
>>
>>6160133
>It's an improvement over the original in proportions though

Having the knees of the tyrannosaurus showing awkwardly to make the legs longer is not really a good solution nor it does resemble what was on screen.

>I hate that the SoC is going for the same brick proportions instead of making it resemble what was seen on screen

But the proportions of the original toy and SoC are accurate to the transformation sequences from that very same show. You know, because the thing has to actually transform. Good luck trying to make that ridiculously proportioned suit a working transforming toy, let's see how do you store that huge ass robot head without resulting into a Barney-looking tyrannosaurus or how the arms can form the body of the mastodon when the back of the Megazord isn't wide enough for them to rotate and get side to side. Not even the heads on the feet look accurate to how they look when separated into the individual zords, for fucks sake.

It's pretty obvious to me that they look the way they do because they had to take into account the guy that must move inside of the costume, not because they wanted it to look like that in the first place. The actual artbooks are proof of that. I understand people wanting things to be show accurate, but in the case of sentai robots that must transform it makes zero sense.

As someone who owns the original toy for over 22 years and has always seen it as the actual canon proportions, the SoC is a dream come true. Way more badass looking than the suit.
>>
>>6158075
>I mean, it already went wrong with the first Legacy Megazord, which is inferior to the original toy in like every way except diecast.

Yeah nah. The original toy was great as a kid, but it looks pretty ugly with that gross gray plastic and the ugly stickers (If you collect the MMPR versions). I'm glad the Legacy releases went with either metallic paint or diecast instead.

Though it does suck that they started the line with the 2010 mold instead of making a brand new one.
>>
>>6160303
>>6160133

But the Legacy has tiny legs and the detail and quality of the zords themselves is really cheap.
>>
>>6160200
>Good luck trying to make that ridiculously proportioned suit a working transforming toy
Masterpiece Transformers are able to make the bot modes look like the cartoon despite the toon taking huge liberties. It can be done. The reason shit like the OG Megazord looks off model is because the toys are made first, and turning a toy into a usable suit doesn't always translate well. Since Bandai America's legacy line is made after the fact they're able to get much closer to the show suits than the original toys.
>>
>>6158043
>walk the Earth for 170 million years

That's an awful long time to stomp around before realizing you're not meant for this world.
>>
>>6160833
Your pic proves that it can't be done, though. The Legacy is closer to the show proportions but the chest is still too wide and the head isn't big enough. The proportions of the suit make no sense when compared to how the separate mechs should look.
>>
>>6160910

Dinosaurs are obstinate fucks.
>>
>>6160910
Don't be so hard on them anon. Some people need time to find their place in the world.
>>
File: 51282475_Alt02.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
51282475_Alt02.jpg
1B, 486x500px
So, anyone get this guy? I'm on the fence about it.
>>
>>6161597
Why would you buy that?
>>
>>6161597

Did you buy it so you could throw it at some warmonger prime minister at a news conference? Cause that'd be legit.
>>
>>6151051
It actually looks a lot better in the actual movie than it does as a toy, despite the CG.
>>
>>6161597
Just wait and see if they'll make something better.
>>
>>6161618
>>6161628

I just want a big ol' robot playset I can admire and mindlessly pick up off the shelf from time to time, make flying motions with and just blurt out WOOSH and PEW PEW PEW.

Plus, I kinda dig the design and I have 5 reward dollars.
>>
>>6161729
>I just want a big ol' robot playset
Why not get that Imaginext Megazord? That looks fun.
>>
File: r_soundwave059.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
r_soundwave059.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: IMG_0088.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0088.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>6161748
TOO big.
>>
>>6160833
>Masterpiece Transformers are able to make the bot modes look like the cartoon despite the toon taking huge liberties.

Yeah, because in G1 and Beast Wars the characters transformed using animation magic, they never tried to make complete sense of the process in the show, so the designers of the Masterpieces have way more freedom to change the transformation of the original toy whatever they see fit to try to get as close as possible to the show designs. Sentai robots have very specific transformation and combination sequences, there isn't that much room to improve their looks other than little touches.

>The reason shit like the OG Megazord looks off model is because the toys are made first, and turning a toy into a usable suit doesn't always translate well.

And translating a usable suit into a transformable toy that looks completely accurate to that suit proportions in robot mode and is also accurate as separate mechs is fucking impossible unless you cheat with removable pieces.
>>
>>6151051
wouldnt be more the fault of toys made cheaper?
>>
Seriously, Legacy Shogun Megazord when?
>>
>>6151051
Wasn't it the fault of chinese designers creating a cesspit of incestuous sensibilities?
>>
>>6151051
The new design is starting to grow on me. I think it would have worked well as an evil zord instead of the heroic zord, though.
>>
>>6161886
No one's saying they expect complete accuracy, but Bandai can get close. Legacy Red Dragon and Thunder Megazord are much closer to the suits than the original toys, and those are probably more difficult ones to pull off given the way they transform.

The 2010 Megazord mold already has more suitlike proportions then the original toy, so if it were ever revisited and given the proper legacy treatment I have to imagine they could get pretty damn close. Bandai Japan didn't even try with the SoC, they just straight up based it on the old toy.
>>
File: 54746.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
54746.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162399
>The 2010 Megazord mold already has more suitlike proportions then the original toy

Not really. It look like the old toy with long, innacurately shaped thighs. The head is still way too small, the shoulders too wide and the lower legs too long compared to the suit. And they also managed to place the kneecaps on the shins and fuck up the proportions of the suit even more, pic related.

>Bandai Japan didn't even try with the SoC, they just straight up based it on the old toy.

Good, that way it looks like the actual robot the designers of the show envisioned and not like the guy inside a pile of boxes they had no other chance to go with.
>>
>>6162469
>Good, that way it looks like the actual robot the designers of the show envisioned
I do recall reading that they brought back the original designers and as such they can now do the things they couldn't before due to technology/cost.
As such the SoC should be the ultimate 'canon' design.

http://tamashii.jp/special/daizyujin/
http://hobby.dengeki.com/reviews/270974/
>>
File: 1993vlegacy.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1993vlegacy.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162469
>Not really
All your autistic nitpicking doesn't change the fact that the 2010/Legacy has more suitlike proportions than the original.

>>6162469
>the guy inside a pile of boxes
Ironic thing to say considering what the original design looks like.
>>
Why stick to "show accuracy" when you can do something much more visually impressive?
>>
>>6151051
>different is bad

fuck you grandpa
>>
>>6162646
>it must be reedun to be good

fuck you preteen trash
>>
File: 78585.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
78585.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162511

After looking at your pic I noticed that it's even worse than I thought, the kneecaps are not only placed wrong, they're not even the same size or shape. Call it nitpicking if you want, but to me that looks like shit.

>Ironic thing to say considering what the original design looks like.

Like a chunky super robot? It's obviously not a human in a costume, that's for sure.

Nostalgia googles sure are a scary thing. I just can't fathom how someone can find left cooler than right.
>>
>>6162672
>I just can't fathom how someone can find left cooler than right.

It's not about being cool or not, there isn't anything to wrong with wanting something to be screen accurate. It was the one on the left which was beating up giant monsters, not the one on the right.

It's the same with the SHF vs Ultra-act Ultraman, ones based of the suit and the other one had more hero based proportions.

Let's be honest here, how cool would it be if someone could engineer the toy to have functioning Zoids that combine to make a screen accurate Megazord.
>>
>>6162511

god the legacy looks so cheap next to the original.
>>
>>6162763
Lol
>>
>>6162200
I have to imagine that ones next in line. Either that or the zeo megazord
>>
>>6151051
When capeshit catched on.
>>
>>6158087
>the SoC is based off the toy
It's absolutely not. It's just the way it is because it needs to transfom.
>>
>>6161629
Give it time to get a premium release, unless it is an impossible morph merge someone will do a high end one.

Even if it ends up 3A or third party.
>>
>>6162752
Screen accurate like when you see them as parts that combine. Or screen accurate like dude in box costume?
>>
>>6162789
Does the Falconzord have the necessary clips to go wit the Shogunzord?
>>
>>6164709
Yes
>>
File: 10568-.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
10568-.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6161762
man modern western mevh aesthetics really are all over the place
why can't we do something like pic related? PacRim also worked and looked sweet as all hell
>>
>>6164786
it also made less money than shit like Bayformers.
>>
>>6161762
It's all made out of bicycle helmets and fantasy alien blades from that one store in the mall.
>>
>>6165096
>It's all made out of bicycle helmets

Kek, I thought exactly the same when I first saw the designs.
>>
>>6164786
PacRim designs were nice but ultimately kinda boring. I love the giant robot genre and should have being all over PacRim but there wasn't anything major outstanding besides that one Zaku monoeye nod.

Better than Bayformers mechs still.
>>
>>6164786
Proabbly because they explicitely don't want these zords to look manmade, they want them to look alien. With Bayformers,they're more like aliens made out of metal than Japanese mecha.
>>
>>6165119
>Proabbly because they explicitely don't want these zords to look manmade, they want them to look alien.

When you're looking at earth animals as reference to create robots it doesn't matter if the machines are alien or human in origin, they should look closer to the freaking thing they're supposed to be. Otherwise there's no fucking point in basing the designs on those animals in the first place.

The movie designs are just based on the stupid Hollywood trend that giant robots should look like clusterfucks because that way look more "sophisticated and realistic" when actually it's just the opposite. There's a middle point between too simple and overdesigned designs, but they are just unable to understand that.
>>
File: 1486041679069.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1486041679069.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6164816
>a new property made less money than a 20+ year old franchise with a huge fanbase
>>
>>6162672
>I just can't fathom how someone can like a different thing than me
Literally autism: the post.
>>
>>6165175
>a film with good-looking robots and solid plot made less money than a piece of shit with ugly shredded metal and bad writing

No wonder your pic got elected, people are fucking dumb now
>>
>>6165184
>I like the shitty costume proportions better than the SoC

Literally shittaste: the post.
>>
>>6165203
>proving my point
People like you make me ashamed to like Power Rangers.
>>
>>6165214

You should be more ashamed to like cardboard costumes better than cool robots.
>>
>>6165113
In thought the idea with those was giving them an industrial feeling because mechas are not allowed to be fun in the West. They were as close to being super robots as western studios will allow.

>>6165119
Weren't they made by Zordon who is a space human wizard?

>>6165189
Milo is not on /toy/, you're safe here.
>>
>>6163037
Both.
>>
>>6165168
>The movie designs are just based on the stupid Hollywood trend that giant robots should look like clusterfucks

Besides the unneeded extra limbs on Triceratops and Mastodon, I don't see how these designs are clusterfucky at all. I know the knee-jerk reaction is to compare them to Bayformers, but they're a far cry from even the Bayformer beast formers, which are so loaded up with parts they're constantly shaking as they move. Granted, I don't think these designs are any good, but I think lumping them into one category seems reactionary.
>>
>>6165495
Well considering they are different forms entirely, you have to pick one. Unless they decide to do one in the shape of the worn costume alongside the current one that transforms.
>>
>>6165633
People have no real ability to voice their complaints, or just like to bandwagon.

Some of the same people praising Pacific Rim nowadays back then were bitching about them being "Bayformers".
>>
>>6165633
>Besides the unneeded extra limbs on Triceratops and Mastodon
Eh, this IS my biggest complaint when it comes to the individual zords, them being teched out with Guns was in the original series and the alien biotech look actually does work better with machines based on living creatures...

The problems arise with the combined Megazord; Only the one made out of the individual Zord toys LOOKS like it was formed out of the constituent parts.
I mean, why have a combining robot at all if you can't even tell it's a combination?
>>
>>6165261
>giving them an industrial feeling because mechas are not allowed to be fun in the West
Probably explains a lot about their designs in that case. Pushing them a bit further out and adding a bit more color to the movie probably would have done wonders. Came off grimdark and dull at times instead.
>>
>>6162752
You are a dangerously insane human being.
>>
Ive always wanted the movie zord, the ninja one, with all the animals and falcon wings. Is that getting a re-release cause of the new movie?
>>
>>6151051
When Saban picked up the license to sell to retarded americans.
>>
>>6172653

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BANA10554&mode=retail
>>
someone post Goldar
>>
>>6172653
They've made a Legacy version.
You can pose the Megazord a bit, and the Frog's mouth opens, among other things.
But you'll have to buy the Falconzord separate.
>>
TRUMP WILL MAKE LIFE GREAT AGAIN!

Also, the new power rangers movie looks cool, but i do kinda tgink the megazord doesn't have enough zord bits on it.
>>
>>6164786
>that image
>hopes for a project that could bring about a revival of the zoids kits and get fresh new designs
>Mobile game
>MOBA
>Now bald from frustration

if they tried this like three years ago, I could have held out some SLIM hope it could rekindle interest in Zoids, but why would anyone want a Zoids MOBA that is probably going to be exactly like every other mobile MOBA on the market?
>>
File: IMG_3646.jpg (612KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3646.jpg
612KB, 1600x1200px
Got that GIANT Megazord today thanks to a sale.

So, what do I think? Have TlDr in 3 parts, The bad, the neutral, and the good.

Bad:
-- Feel cheap and hollow all over.
-- The torso don't snap that well together, leaving a gap in the middle.
-- It don't have any solid heels and it depend on holding weapons for equilibrium.

Neutral:
-- Paint aplication may be disapointing, but is plenty suficient.
-- Overall quality is good enough for the price. Especially for the 130$CAN I paid, including taxes.
-- Partforming festival, but eh, what did you expect?

Good:
-- I LOVE that overall design. The magazord is GLORIOUS.
-- The individual alien looking zords are very nice and fun, despite being bricks.
-- The inclusion of all five rangers and a monster in scale is a nice toutch. Love the cockpits too.

Final word. Do I recommend him? If you are a fan of Power Rangers and love megazords, go for it. But only on sale because the original 150$CAN price PLUS taxes is WAY too high. But on sale, it's a solid purchase.
>>
>>6151098
Yup.
>>
>>6176262
All that and you don't even post any actual pictures of the thing.

Interesting how the flaws seemed to be more technical in the construction of the thing and the positive appeared to be just more your own opinions.
Anything positive in regards to the technical side?
>>
>>6161886
>Sentai robots have very specific transformation and combination sequences, there isn't that much room to improve their looks other than little touches.

It's probably not as hard as what the MP Transformers have to do.

Sentai transformations might be specific, but they're also "possible". In the sense that the suits have to resemble the toys anyway.

A lot of it boils down to proportions in robot mode and budget for the joints. MP Transformers level budget and engineering can theoretically be applied for Sentai mecha. MP Starsaber's probably the best example on the Transformers side of what you can do when the mecha's designed to be "possible" in the first place. Or Voltron/Golion is probably an even better example of what Megazords could be.
>>
>>6162763
you do realize the legacy one is on the right, don't you?
>>
>>6161886
>Sentai robots have very specific transformation and combination sequences, there isn't that much room to improve their looks other than little touches.

still doesn't count as an excuse for being bricks, let alone "show accurate". i mean, forget transformers, even the minipla version of the megazords / gattai robo is more poseable than the DX version, even though much smaller in size. this level of engineering should have been easy for DX size bots.
>>
>>6178809
That post you're quoting isabout accuracy and propotions, not articulation.
>>
>>6178820
i know.

i just wanna rant, buddy. vent out all the frustrations of today.
>>
>>6178777
Not that guy, but for me... It's very hard to find any positives in the technical nature.

It's nice that the pterodactyl has cockpit detailing and I appreciate that there's storage on the Megazord itself for all the individual weapons.
>>
File: GDS-8760.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
GDS-8760.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>6164786
I want zoids to be a thing again so badly.
I think it really could work as a big live action thing.
Or even another anime series.
Pls
>>
>>6182463
This. I would adore more Zoids media

Zoids is like Gundam but with more visually interesting and varied giant robots.
>>
>>6157766
The problem with the third movie was that the movie designs were put ahead of the toy designs. Those complex transformations simply cannot be replicated by a 20 dollar toy or even a 50 dollar one
>>
>>6151067
Fuck it, I'm gonna say it.
I like the new design, the toy is kinda dumb but the size is just amazing. Shame it's 150 bucks
>>
File: Yes.png (316KB, 944x606px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.png
316KB, 944x606px
>>6182551
>Shame it's 150 bucks
>>
>>6183239
Exposed.
It's still around 30 bucks more expensive than a sentai mech
>>
Our local Wal-mart has already dumped the entire line of movie voltron stuff in the clearance section. THE ENTIRE LINE.
That's how hard it's shelfwarming.
>>
>>6183283
I'm not arguing that at all. I managed to get mine for $85 and even then that's horribly overpriced for what you get.

Shit should have been a much smaller toy like it appears it was intended to be.
>>
File: BladeLiger.jpg (112KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BladeLiger.jpg
112KB, 640x480px
>>6182463
It's been more than 10 years since Genesis, hasn't it?

It's amazing how their 1999 CG still holds up today. Zoids should be seen more as the landmark that it was.

But, yeah, that MOBA is a joke that got my hopes up.
>>
>>6151059
but wouldn't 2.4 brazilian dollars only average out to like, a nickle in american money?
>>
File: 1376140020947.jpg (90KB, 605x532px) Image search: [Google]
1376140020947.jpg
90KB, 605x532px
>>6183981
>>
>>6161774
Then make it fit!
>>
>>6182463
>wanting America to shit up Zoids with it's terrible taste in mecha
kys
>>
>>6183615
Loved Chaotic Century the most and New Century Zero was alright. It was pretty cool how they tied the two series together.
>>
>>6157822
>That's possible, but the idea of using a robotic lion as a giant robot component was first used in Daltanious nonetheless.
indeed that's why Go Lion was used for Voltron, the people making Voltron originally wanted Daltanious and were sent tapes of Go-Lion by mistake, they ended up liking Go-Lion enough to use it instead in the final product
>>
>>6184395
>America
>Terrible taste in Mecha.

Dude, have you even SEEN the new Voltron?
>>
>>6182463
>>6164786
i wish. zoids even seemed like it was more popular in america, but japanese creators had no idea what to do with it
>>
File: 1330754815233553.gif (556KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1330754815233553.gif
556KB, 256x192px
>>6151105
Then why do you care about Powet Rangers and why did you post this? Fucking moron. If I find you I'll kill you, retard. I hope you get diabetes.
>>
>>6183534
that is horribly overpriced,coming from bandai america lol
>>
>>6183301
>Our local Wal-mart has already dumped the entire line of movie voltron stuff in the clearance section. THE ENTIRE LINE.
>That's how hard it's shelfwarming.

Shit I meant Movie Power Rangers but I was real high and thinking about Voltron.
All the MMPR movie shit is still in the clearance aisle collecting dust.
>>
>>6151105
>he says, as he posts on /toy/
>>
>>6187007
Did the movie ever come out?

And as for Voltron, I assure you all of their shelves are quite cold with nothing to warm them.
>>
>>6187314
Really? All that's sell near me is the legendary lions, the ones that combine and the big deluxe Voltron. The basic non-combining figures and the roleplay gear aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>6187321
Yeah, role-play gear is a slow mover, too. The smaller figures sell when there's nothing else.
>>
>>6151051
americans, not even once
>>6183981
accurate, i guess. The dollar is currently worth 3.5 reais IIRC.
>>
>>6187314
>>6187321
Dude Ive only seen one set of the combiner lions in the wild and I bought them, no one in my area has gotten restocked.
>>
>>6162752
You do realize that the show had multiple sculpts for the beasts to serve different purposes right?

You're not ever gonna get toys that magically change proportions and scale for every form just to suit your impossible request. The closest they could ever get is adding a whole, and I mean a WHOLE, lot of shifting parts and pieces that will make the beasts and their modes look like retarded, cut up messes.

Sometimes you just have deal with the fact "movie magic" means you'll never get one toy that does it all while looking the part. Do what the show runners did with their propa and costumes and get multiple toys to fulfill individual purposes to their fullest.
>>
>>6151091
>and stupid millennials

You mean the people who grew up with the show and were actual kids when it came out? Because those people count as millennials you dumb fuck. Learn to form an actual argument rather than rattle your saber at the younger generation.

Also is this a fanbase more autistic than Power Rangers? I swear y'all are never fucking happy ever.

>Wah the Figuarts don't all have blasters which does suck but not worth shitting your pants and not buying the figures over
>Wah the SoC isn't fucking magic and isn't perfectly proportional to the suit in the show and is more based on the Zord props that had to transform. I don't understand physics!
>>
>>6188496
The figuarts were a valid criticism. We're talking about $40+ figures, and Red had already previously come with everything.
>>
>>6176262
Can you post a pic of the monster?
>>
File: IMG_3649.jpg (609KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3649.jpg
609KB, 1600x1200px
>>6176262

A bit late, but will do.

here it is next to Tr leader Blaster for scale.
>>
File: IMG_3651.jpg (726KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3651.jpg
726KB, 1600x1200px
>>6183239

Got mine on sale for 117$CAN + taxes.
See >>6176262

>>6190396
Also, here it is between the Maximusses. That thing is HUEG!
>>
Anyone else got that monstrous Megazord yet?
>>
>>6187959
>You do realize that the show had multiple sculpts for the beasts to serve different purposes right?

Wow! Really? You are saying that the 5 Zord props didn't turn into the suit the actor wore!?

Damn, mind fucking blown.
>>
>2016 - Thunder Megazord, Falconzord, Ninja Megazord, Black & Gold Dragonzord
>2017 - Black & Gold Titanus, ?
How did we go from three new releases and a repaint to nothing but a replaint planned? If we're lucky we'll get Shogun in the fall, but that's still a big step backwards from last year.
>>
>>6201320
Legacy Zeo figures are coming this year. It's possible we get Shogun and Zeo Megazord later in the year.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIFgRGpZoto

I dunno, I kind of like it.
>>
>>6201346
>Zeo
Good one. They'll release figures beyond MMPR because they're relatively cheap, but we're never gonna see shit like zords. They already said they'll be re-releasing the original MMPR toys from 93, presumably for the 25th anniversary, so we'll be lucky to get a Legacy Shogun before then.
>>
>>6201755
>They already said they'll be re-releasing the original MMPR toys from 93
Source? I'd be all over that shit if it's true.
>>
>>6201320
Power sword is also coming out.
>>
>>6161762
what is the black ranger even doing in that poster? about to throw something? surfing? someone stole his chair?
>>
File: _20170221_150751.jpg (59KB, 956x371px) Image search: [Google]
_20170221_150751.jpg
59KB, 956x371px
>>6202165
>>
>>6202544

I'd rather they not be exact and have the Japanese stickers.
>>
>>6202561
You'll take your lightning bolts and like it!
>>
>>6202544
I wonder if there is going to be any mold degradation with these re-releases. Shit is so prevalent in the G1 transformer reissues.
>>
>>6202607
I don't think it'll be zords. I believe it's been said that the molds are gone, and remolding them would an expensive gamble considering most people who would have wanted them have since bought the legacy versions.

I'm thinking it'll be the original 8" figures and/or the flipheads as they'll be cheap enough to get nostalgic casuals to impulse buy, and that seems to be the market Bandai is going for with this move.
>>
>>6200745
>Damn, mind fucking blown
Yes apparently, as you previously demanded a set of toys to recreate everything accurately which not even any single set of official props could do.
>>
>>6201475
I hate it. I really hate it.
>>
>>6202778
>I believe it's been said that the molds are gone,

I don't think that's been said officially, but I have mentioned here that I think they are due to the fact that they haven't seen use even when Bandai was frequently reissuing older zords. I apologize if thats been mixed up and peopel took it as gospel.

I think the old auto-morphin flipheads are a definite reissue possibility, on the subject of reissues.
>>
File: _20160215_095215.jpg (617KB, 1632x1175px) Image search: [Google]
_20160215_095215.jpg
617KB, 1632x1175px
If they're gonna re-release original toys they should do the 5 inch monsters since they're in scale with the current line and hold up well. Especially in light of the 5 inch MMPRs being re-released in the 2 packs, and a new 5" Rita/Putty/Alpha coming soon.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.