[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which K-S20 figure is better: Black series or SH Figuarts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: s-l1600-1458.jpg (55KB, 572x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600-1458.jpg
55KB, 572x800px
Which K-S20 figure is better:
Black series or SH Figuarts?
>>
figuarts has better articulation and features, plus higher build quality, but is missing some paint detail the black series has, like the paint chipping. Black series is also larger.

I'm just buying a figuarts and adding the paint damage myself.
>>
>>6150614
>Which K-S20 figure is better:
>Black series or SH Figuarts?
Lego
>>
>>6150639
I second this. Building the Lego one is fun too.
>>
I have the Black series K-S20 and like it a lot. I understand the SH Figuarts is a lot more detailed, but I paid 20 bucks for the black series version. I can't complain at all.
>>
For what you get, I prefer the Black Series. It does what I need it to do at half the cost.
>>
if you've got access to model kits without the shop jacking the prices, then the Bandai kit is also there as an option if you don't mind building.

If you've got the cash to spare and you want the improvements in the SHF one, get that one.

If it's a character you just want a figure of and don't need the best ver of it, the Black series does its job for what you pay for it.

It really depends on how much you like the character.
>>
SH manlet arts is way better
>>
Figuarts is better but not twice the price of black series better.
>>
the black series is the best, figuarts has some better articulation, but not enough to justify the price difference.
>>
File: figuarts k2so.jpg (113KB, 509x712px) Image search: [Google]
figuarts k2so.jpg
113KB, 509x712px
>>6150691
>I understand the SH Figuarts is a lot more detailed
What's more detailed?

It's painted up like a Mattel figure. Simple bare bones, no weathering, clean. They even filled in the holes in his joints because they're too cheap to do something new.

The only good thing they did was give it an inner shoulder joint.
>>
>>6150749
>What's more detailed?

Literally everything is more crisp and has a higher fidelity to what it actually looked like. It's just missing the weathering. Hollow joints would've been nice but gummy rings around clear plastic isn't great either.
>>
>>6150754
>has a higher fidelity
So you've never seen these figures in person, huh?
>>
>>6150639
>>6150662
Lego K2 is nice and big, and has a great headsculpt, but I think the arm gimmick totally ruins him. It leaves his shoulders floppy and useless, they just swing back and forth loosely like he's drunk.

Black Series is technically a very well made figure with a surprising amount of articulation, but regrettably, it's quite top-heavy and is very bad at staying on its small feet. Many times now I've gotten him into what seems like a very stable and balanced pose, only to have him come crashing down later that day. I hear the SHF is better at this, but I can't verify since I don't own it.
>>
>>6150711
The kits usually have more articulation, and always come with more accessories because they're cheap to make. It's hard finding them though.
>>
>>6150614
Black Series K2's the best figure Hasbro's made in years, worth owning even if you intend to buy another one.

Figuarts K2's pretty much exactly what you expect. No more, no less. If money's no object, then go for it. But personally I don't think it's a big enough upgrade to warrant the purchase but if you want the best of the best then...

Model kit's also an option if you can find it for a good price.
>>
>>6150614
Black series, you get more bang for your bucks
>>
>>6150614
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

The SHF has slightly better articulation and overall higher quality paint apps but is missing all the weathering and the joints are diecast which means one day they will loosen and be impossible to tighten.

The Black Series has lots of cool weathering and brighter lit up eyes compared to the SHF which attempts to emulate the less lit eyes. Both are accurate. It also uses clear plastic in the joints to emulate the empty space. Some messy paint apps though. Articulation is pretty nice for a Black series figure.

If you only want to spend 20 bucks you can't go wrong with the Black. The SHF isn't that much of an improvement to justify the price in my opinion.
>>
OP here, thanks for the feedback, guys. I have bought SH Figs for a character when they are available, and I always thought Black Series figures were beneath SHF in terms of detail and sculpt (which is my priority with figures), but looking at the Black series K-2S0, it looked pretty close to the SHF, but promotional pics are not a good judgement maker.

Your comments help a lot.
>>
[spoiler]Bazinga[/spoiler]
>>
>>6151089
>the joints are diecast

I have heard that they are and they aren't.... I can't tell if it's reviewers being retarded and calling the metal pin "diecast" or if the whole circle joint in the knees and elbows is metal.
>>
>>6150758
You mean you haven't?
>>
>>6151264
>>6151089
>the joints are diecast
From the Bandai page for the K-2S0:
>材質:ABS、PVC
That means it has no diecast. Stop spreading "alternate facts".
http://tamashii.jp/item/11585/
>>
>buying SHManletArts for a non-humanoid figure

Have fun owning a robot that supposed to tower over normal troops barely being a head taller than your average 1/12 scale figure.
>>
>>6152188
He's almost 7 inches tall.

He still towers over most 1/12 scale figures and definitely over the human figures from the line he's part of.
>>
>>6152188
>Have fun

Guess what Hasbro shill? Everyone on this board has fun, except for you.
Enjoy your shitty job shilling shitty figures. It's sad you have to straight up lie about the superior competition though- claiming things are diecast when they aren't, claiming things are short, when they aren't.
What's next? Will you claim Figuarts are painted with lead paint? Just do us all a favor, and go jump in front of a train.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.