[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These... actually look pretty decent.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1410.jpg (159KB, 750x966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1410.jpg
159KB, 750x966px
These... actually look pretty decent.
>>
>>6147930

>>These... actually look pretty decent.

FANGOR is especially nice
>>
File: MOTUC-Fangor.jpg (183KB, 1668x1667px) Image search: [Google]
MOTUC-Fangor.jpg
183KB, 1668x1667px
>>6147946
yeah, i'm digging him too
>>
>>6147930
I'm not too keen on Hawke. She looks like she belongs in the other line they're continuing, the animated one. It also looks like they invested in new tooling for the body but just went and painted the clothing on like some shitty wrestling figure.

And I was hoping we'd get Hoove before Quakke but at least they didn't half-ass him like Mattel probably would have.
>>
File: 1485389349267.jpg (311KB, 1112x745px) Image search: [Google]
1485389349267.jpg
311KB, 1112x745px
>>6147930
>No half naked sexy female figure.
They can keep these. I have enough half naked muscular monster men in my MOTUC collection.

This is also they same reason (Besides them switching artists) that I stopped collecting the comics. They took the only hot sexy character, and covered her from head to toe in a new sardine can looking tin man outfit just because a bunch of SJW new males bitched that the original outfit was sexist on the He-Man website .
>>
>>6147983
I'm glad I'm no longer going through puberty.
>>
>>6147983
>They took the only hot sexy character

It's ink on a page you weirdo
>>
>>6147952
Matty is cheap, but the 4H always go above and beyond on the New Adventures figs. They really put a lot of thought and detail into the designs.
>>
>>6148012
I guess its okay to havehalf naked men but half naked woman? TRIGGERED
>>
>>6148036

Would be true if men were equally marginalized and controlled like women.

> omg sjw
>>
>>6148030
I'm not knocking 4H and I know they do what they can with what they're given but I still wish the previous NA villains had more unique tooling to make them truer to the originals. That and a NA Skeletor without fucked shoulders.
>>
>>6147983
Is JemAnon back?

While Masters of the Universe originally drew heavily from Heavy Metal / Frazetta / Conan / Red Sonja in it's earliest incarnation you're some kind of retard if you look to the franchise to get your rocks off.
>>
I can't wait to get Stratos a piece of tail he can grind against and another mutant for my space dudes to fight.

Nice job, Super7.
>>
>>6148041
They are. More so, in fact.

How many women in the US have to forcibly pledge potential service to the military when they turn 18 in order to have full access to the rights of citizenship?

Under the federal government, males have less rights than women by virtue of being born with a Y-chromosome, simply by having the Selective Service mandate. If you don't register, you can't receive federal grant money, get a federal job, and a whole host of other restrictions. Name a way in which women get the same restrictions, without being convicted felons.
>>
>>6148083
>Is JemAnon back?

"Jemanon" is an alias of Jin, and no he never left. He sitll gets asshurt whenever someone insults "muh pwecious Hasbwo" in any manner. He's also a sex-hating Christian who hates sexy women and probably prefers Jem to something attractive like Super Sonico. Then again, all the women in that show look like men, and Jin drinks cum, so he probably has the hots for their bony man-faces and lack of tits. I can tell he drinks cum because he hates the FPS game Blood, and hating that game makes one a total faggot. Well that's not counting the fact he buys ponies to "give money to Hasbro to make up for those asshole son /toy/ who buy 3rd party"(an excuse he uses to brush pony hair)

Also, homosexual dipshit Danzig likes the cartoon, while Jerry Only cares about the Misfits and at least tried to stop Hasbro from using a name immorally. Jerry has a wife and kids, Danzig has nothing, except Jerry actually being nice and agreeing to a reunion even though Glenn can get kicked to the curb for all his baseless lawsuits. Trust me, the day Danzig dies, it'll be a 2 sentence obituary and no news site will even care because he's so below d-list that he doesn't register anymore.
>>
>>6148385
>claims he isn't JenAnon
>pretends JemAnon is someone who likes Jem and not the insane fucktard who shit-up G.I. Joe threads ranting about how much he hates Jem and feminism
>goes off on a tangent about Danzig and the Misfits

I honestly can't tell if you're JemAnon or someone having a laugh by doing a dead-on impersonation of JemAnon.
>>
>>6148333
I know this is bait
but women have selective service too
>>
>>6148641
>>6148333
>women in the US
They don't.
>>
>>6147930
I've never heard of Fangor, was he from the comic? He looks good, kind of a has a Draego Man vibe.

I'm surprised Hawke isn't in the Filmation line.

Mortal Kombat guy is cool.

Quake looks good but he was always my least fave of the Space Mutants. That'll be a cool looking squad when they're done.
>>
>>6148816
Fangor is from the new mini-comics, one of the characters that was created around the time of the 30th figures.
>>
File: FilmationHawkeDelora.jpg (44KB, 382x588px) Image search: [Google]
FilmationHawkeDelora.jpg
44KB, 382x588px
>>6147983
Yeah but shouldn't you have a good amount of Sexy swimsuit women there too? We have at least 5 if I'm counting right. Also I figure there choices were rounding out figures we haven't seen yet and that's pretty accurate for Hawke.
Really it just seems like you are soap boxing an issue that doesn't relate to the topic at all my broken friend.
>>
>>6148914
>Really it just seems like you are soap boxing an issue that doesn't relate to the topic at all my broken friend.

That's what JenAnon does. He got the nickname because he used to derail Transformers and G.I. Joe threads with crazy rants about how much he hates Jem and SJWs and the Misfits and Danzig and My Little Pony and Jews.
>>
>>6147948

I had no idea there could be even more Snakemen. Super 7 has sold me a figure!
>>
It's all fun and games now, but the poorfag whining will commence once they find out you can't pay Marvel Legends prices for these...
>>
>>6149213
Since when could you ever? Thenprice was like $27 before Mattel handed it over and they were reaming everyone for like $12 shipping snd handling per figure. Super 7 only charged $35 for the Ultimate re-releases which were done on a smaller run and one of them was the deluxe Ram Man.
>>
>>6149213

Uh, nobody ever did that with MOTUC. I'm just glad I don't have to go through the Matty-bullshit ordering process.
>>
Damn that fang or looks amazing.
>>
>>6149278
>>6149696
>Since when could you ever?
That's not the point that I'm getting at. I'm saying that /toy/ anons always want these things for Legends prices, not the prices that they sell at. Then the whining starts.

That's literally every /toy/ MOTUC thread. Every last one. Anons want in on collecting MOTUC, then before long start to boo hoo about how high the prices are because they're used to buying figures at Walmart.

It'll be no different for these figures. Long time collectors like me will get them, but then the anons here that were interested in them based on the pictures will start to shit on them because it's not at a price point that they want.
>>
>>6147948
Am I the only one who doesn't need snake pliers and snake screwdrivers?
>>
>>6151392
How else do you plan to do snake- themed DIY projects?
>>
File: MOTUC-Hawke.jpg (143KB, 1668x1667px) Image search: [Google]
MOTUC-Hawke.jpg
143KB, 1668x1667px
>two heads
Why? I could just paint the hair myself if it really mattered.
I'd rather get a jet pack and another weapon.
>>
>>6147983
Awful. DC truly have no talent anymore.
>>
>>6153947
It's two different characters. This is a line dedicated to super fanatics more than anyone else, Super7 will follow what they want and they will eat this up.
>>
>>6151204
This.
>>
>>6153952
Let's see your work.
>>
I am dissapointed. New to the line with the november sales and I am only interested in the original vintage toyline and sadly it looks like super7 has no Iinterest other than the ultimates in rereleasing figures...
>>
Good for you fans from the start though...
>>
>>6151204
The manufacturer is doing a shit job at marketing their crap, if the consumer base does not feel the product is worth the asking price.

And honestly, most of these things end up on ebay for below asking price.
>>
>>6154741
In the recent Roast Gooble Podcast Brian Flynn explained that this is just the 2017 Ultimates release, and every year will probably have a new wave of Ultimates for newcomers like you.
So if you're serious, consider buying the guys who are affordable now, and wait for ultimate versions of the expensive guys to come later.

But at the same time, don't neglect these new releases, cause they probably won't ever get reissues.
>>
>>6148041
You need a reality check.
>>
So who the devil are these four characters?
>>
>>6155057
Combination of comic and cartoon characters.

One is a snake man from the new generation of comics

The other is a mutant from New Adventures

The woman is both Startos' sister in filmation as well as a different woman that betrays the good guys in filmation and then in a completely different telling is the sister to Stratos in the 200x cartoon (a two-in-one release, from an immensely confusing clusterfuck of origin)

And the purple guy is a bondage fag from the old minicomics.

They're all awesome releases, imo. How good S7 makes the final product is yet to be seen.
>>
>>6147930

i had the angry red guy figure as a kid dont remember his name though
>>
>>6155082
Quakke.
>>
>>6154892
>In the recent Roast Gooble Podcast Brian Flynn explained that this is just the 2017 Ultimates release, and every year will probably have a new wave of Ultimates for newcomers like you.

He said it MIGHT be a possibility. Nothing was confirmed though. They have plans for 4 waves per year : 2 classics and 2 filmation. And then perhaps some ultimates to go with those.
>>
>>6154741
Just the sad realities of a nearly 10 year old toy line for a super niche market.
>>
>>6147930

As if there was any doubt
>>
By the power of castle greyskull, I have all of the power
>>
I'm interested in these figures but I've never seen or read anything involving these guys. What's the best place to start? Do you guys actually care about the characters or is the appeal the design of the figures themselves?
>>
>>6158100
The line is definitely aimed at preexisting fans of the original cartoon and toyline. So I'd say start there.
The cartoon from the 2000's was good, so that wouldn't be a bad starting point either.
Keep in mind though, these are just cartoons. Don't expect Emmy award winning writing and art.
>>
Is there any chance they'll reissue animation he-man and skeletor?
>>
>>6158100
>Do you guys actually care about the characters or is the appeal the design of the figures themselves?

It's mostly the designs while some of the older collectors are more nostalgic. There's no real "one" canon despite Scott Neitlich's attempts to create a muddled-convoluted plot.

The original figures actually came with mini-comics where He-Man was just some caveman in a post-apocalyptic barbarian fantasyland who gets a magic sword and some gear and fucks shit up on a giant tiger while fighting an interdimensional skull-faced demon named Skeletor. Then the cartoon tie-in came out and introduced alternate-ego Prince Adam and his cowardly pet cat and comic relief magician, and the comics took to adopting that. Then the cartoon ended but the toyline continued so Mattel had Filmation shovel the later villains into a cartoon for the She-Ra girls' doll line despite their depictions in the mini-comics. Then the New Adventures sequel happened and flopped, and a decade later Mattel tried rebooting it with the Four Horseman's designs. In that one Skeletor is He-Man's half-uncle.

After all that Scott "Toyguru" tried to pull everything together into a single canon with his badly written bios which led into new mini-comics and the new DC comic series, so most of the characters themselves have been developed a half-dozen different ways.
>>
>>6158100
You don't majorly need to pop on with anything other than the toys with Masters of the Universe. There's different media to give story to it, such as basic things like file cards on the backs of many of the Classics figures with their own continuities and backstories given for the different characters. There's also mini comics from the old 80's toys which you can read online or download in MOTU comic torrents. And then there's obviously any of the many different comics. There's also multiple different shows, the easiest of which to get into is the 2002 one. The toys are mainly based on the 80's cartoon however, but has some figures from the 2002 series in it so you can go with whatever continuity you want.

Here's where you can see the entire first season of the 2002 series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5yG3Ve12PQ&list=PLqcNVz8UuCsKZSEvofk6k-anGBv5us8j8

As for characters, decide for yourself. The way the line was first released in the 80's it was just a bunch of random badass looking action figures with mini comics that came with them as back stories to give ideas for how to play with them.
>>
>>6147948
Fangor looks baller as fuck, I got a few of the Snake Men during the Black Friday sale after years of ignoring them and now they're my favorites. Conceptually he fits right in with those vintage characters (one has exaggerated long arms, one has an exaggerated tongue--why not a guy with exaggerated fangs?). You can even visualize how his action feature would work as a vintage toy. Love him.

The others aren't really my cup of tea, but I'm sure the people who love New Adventures (all four of 'em) and Filmation will be thrilled with Quakke and Hawke.
>>
>>6158127
Unknown, because they were fairly recent releases and they just re-released a few "Ultimate" versions of figures so new people could hop on and buy essential characters at more reasonable prices. They intend to release a few Ultimate once a year, for who knows how many years and also to release a few new figures each year giving time for fans to order the figures and make them then on an on-demand basis.
>>
>>6158790
Did you grab the serpentine king hiss? He goes great with the two you have.
>>
>>6148083
>>6148385
>>6148606
Was JemAnon Greg Mazujian all along?
>>
I have filmation skeletor and clawful in the mail, does anyone know if they can be removed from the packaging to be displayed without destroying the packaging? Also is there anyway of getting the ckassics out of packaging that anybody reccomends?
>>
>>6164427
They are carded packs so you are going to have to destroy the package in some way to get them out. Best you can do is cut the plastic enough to get the inner tray out without tearing up the card too much.
>>
File: Filmation_He-Man_01__scaled_350.jpg (198KB, 350x490px) Image search: [Google]
Filmation_He-Man_01__scaled_350.jpg
198KB, 350x490px
>>6164427
>>6166821
The filmation 2.0 figures and the Thundercats line were boxed instead of cardbacked. The packaging doesn't need to be destroyed.
>>
>>6164427
You could try using steam to separate the plastic from the card back, I'd suggest cutting the plastic enough to remove the figures and then try using this method
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8tdgHT7Vl0
>>
So pumped for super 7. Who do we think we will get for filmation/club greyskull this year?
>>
>>6166878
You are totally correct. I misread what figure they were talking about removing from package.
>>
Who do we want for filmation line? I want a cringer and prince adam...
>>
File: He-Man Mini-Comic.png (3MB, 834x1618px) Image search: [Google]
He-Man Mini-Comic.png
3MB, 834x1618px
>>6158100
there's a really good and cheap collection of the mini-comics that came with the toys that Dark Horse put out a little while ago, I highly recommend it(they're also about to release a collection for the MOTU Newspaper comic in a couple days)

pic related for one of my favorite moments from the mini-comics
>>
File: Hordak Blue.jpg (2MB, 1800x2430px) Image search: [Google]
Hordak Blue.jpg
2MB, 1800x2430px
>>6177094
All the Dark Horse MOTU books are equally amazing.
>>
>>6177098
well admittedly the Mini-Comics collection is the only one I currently own, so I can't judge the other ones properly
>>
File: concept she-ra.jpg (144KB, 545x1000px) Image search: [Google]
concept she-ra.jpg
144KB, 545x1000px
>>6177115
I do have all three of the books out so far. The artbook is really great, lots of stuff regarding making the original toyline, the MOTUC toys, the cartoon, the movie, the comics.... Pretty much a great buy if you care even a little about MOTU.

The cartoon book is amazing if you care about the old cartoons, but not very toy useful.
>>
>Super7's sales model is even worse than Mattys
>MOTUC collectors defend them

I suppose if you were willing to get assfucked by Mattel for 10 years, you like a company that does stupid shit instead of running a real store.
>>
File: crying_baby-1680x1050.jpg (215KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
crying_baby-1680x1050.jpg
215KB, 1680x1050px
>>6178158
>boo-hoo I only have a month to buy something at the original price because a small company doesn't want to rent a huge warehouse in California for thousands of dollars a month and produce a glut of stock they'll sit on while people like me scrounge together pennies.
>>
>>6178158
It used to be that if a business couldn't find a major retailer to buy the merchandise it just didn't get made. Now companies are able to produce small runs of toys that otherwise wouldn't be made at all and entitled pissants cry "waaah, why can't they make enough to fill orders for an entire year in case people like me decide to buy them later".
>>
>>6178158
I don't understand how it's worse. They tell you in advance what is coming, you have time to save for it, and they are available for pre-order for a good amount of time. If you miss getting something that's on you.
>>
>>6178171
What do you have against wise spending?
>>
>>6178455
>buying toys
>wise spending

lolwut?
>>
>>6178196
>>6178171
>>6178158
>>6178450
IT's almost unbelievable the way people here try to dismiss criticism for the way they're sold.

I do agree with this though
>Now companies are able to produce small runs of toys that otherwise wouldn't be made at all
Still, the criticism is fair. You're making blind buys, and it's understandable someone wants to wait for impressions to order or even test things out before ordering more.
>>
Anyone here into the 200x line?
>>
>>6178586
With small direct-to-buyer runs like these the people who make the purchase in advance are the ones who make their production and existence possible. The retailer would typically buy the goods in advance allowing their production; now the middle-man is cut out. If people would rather wait they're free to do so and either try getting one of the small numbers available due to overruns or cancelled orders, or they can simply buy from a reseller (and pay a markup, because that's how business works).

If someone doesn't want to pay in advance, doesn't want to risk not getting one and doesn't want to pay a markup, then it's just tough shit. They're perfectly free to spend their money somewhere else. That's just the reality of it.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.