[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: THD-Toy-Box-16.jpg (76KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
THD-Toy-Box-16.jpg
76KB, 750x500px
Looking for suggestions here.

How does /toy/ store their toys?
In particular, how does /toy/ store loose figures that are not currently on display?
>>
All of my loose guys are wrapped in bubble wrap in a medium sized tote, accessories are in a small box so they don't get lost. It's not the best or ideal, but I ought to be moving soon, so I don't mind too much.

If I still have the box those are all in a cardboard box in my room, so they don't get musty or anything.
>>
Figures laying flat in plastic totes with cloth (old pillowcases or undershirts) layered between. Accessories in a parts organizer thing from home depot.
>>
Individual ziplogs with accessories and instructions/tech spec cards/etc in plastic bins
>>
>>6145836
I don't think I'd trust bubble wrap long term.
>>
>>6145768

I use bead boxes to sort small accessories. I also use leftover gunpla boxes and tissue paper and put everyting in big plastic tubs.

I'm kind of at a loss on how to store amiibo because I don't want to break by stacking them on top of eachother in a box so any ideas would help.
>>
>>6145847
Ziplocks are acidic and if you use them long term you risk potentially melting your toys.

You need shit marked archival grade and not anything for food.

>>6145859
I don't use bubblewrap but it can save toys from retarded mailmen so maybe it's a good idea.
>>
>>6145859
>>6145891
I think I'd only trust bubble wrap for shipping, but not storage. Once, I stored an assortment of figures alternately loose or in ziplocks long-term. The loose figures suffered paint transfer and occasional indentations that were permanent. The ziplock figures stunk badly when unpacked.

>>6145840
>>6145886
I'm leaning toward wrapping figures in microfiber cloth and just putting into cardboard bankers boxes to keep them breathing, and then maybe jewelry sorting boxes like you'd find at Container Store to hold all of the small parts and accessories.
>>
Are the plastic bags that come with figma OK for storage? That's what I've always used.
>>
File: Ammo-Cans-01.jpg (158KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ammo-Cans-01.jpg
158KB, 1200x800px
i use ammo cans.

nice tight seal and won't fuck anything up... unless you hit someone with it.
>>
Why's bubblewrap bad? I use it as padding on my small containers to store pieces I don't want rattling around, does its job.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-01+at+12.25.18).jpg (5KB, 154x137px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-01+at+12.25.18).jpg
5KB, 154x137px
>>6145891
Oh gosh thanks for the info on ziplocks. I moved back in November and when I packed I put everything in ziplocks to store and sort it. We're still working on unpacking so I still had them in the bags, going to go take them out asap.

>inb4 why is it taking you months to unpack you lazy cuck
>we left a lot of furniture behind at my old house and we havent gotten sufficient replacements so we dont really have anywhere to actually put stuff.
>>
>>6146963
Toys can get stuck to each other or other plastic. Heat and humidity can make things worse especially if cheap thin plastic like bubble wrap or ziploc bags are involved.
>>
I've been collecting figures long enough that now I've got two large tupperware-type containers to hold stuff. sadly a lot of it is boxes, but at least it's off the ground and not in a cardboard container. I worried about those cardboard-eating bugs for a while, though I've never actually seen them. /toy/ made me paranoid.
I bought a large box of medium-ish sized collectors-grade pouches so that I can store smaller figures and accessories long term. for figures too big for bags I wrap them up in foam paper and put them in one of the tubs.

for small electronics like tamagotchi I wrap each one in foam paper and then put them in a pouch. then I put the pouches and a fuckton of silica gel in another smaller tupperware container

I got really super anal with storage
>>
>>6148624
>I bought a large box of medium-ish sized collectors-grade pouches
Link or name? I'm using zip-lock bags in tubs for whatever's not on my desk or shelf, but this thread's got me thinking twice.
>>
I thought about getting these jewellery organisers with zippers to store my loose 3.75" figures and accessories, but I could never find one with comfortable sizes and non-ripoff prices.
>>
>>6148632
>http://www.onepercase.net/2012/04/psa-how-to-store-action-figures-like.html

that article mentions gtzip, which is where I bought mine from a few years ago. they only sell in bulk though
>>
accessories are put into bags based on either what they are or who they came from like all of my weapons get added to an armory bag and spare hands or non weapon accesories for a figure get their own bags. then any figures not on display are usually stored in plain cardboard boxes. my 1/6 figure box is almost full so they are placed like Lincoln logs alternating head and toes in three dimensions.
>>
>>6148667
I like this idea, but I'd still be really paranoid storing things in tightly sealed bags long-term (like 6-12 months, which is likely). Do you think it'd be worth tossing a small silica packet into each pouch, and then a couple of big ones in the larger container? Or is that overkill?
>>
>>6148978
I always squeeze the air out before locking them, but it doesn't hurt anything to just toss one in

And I am always 100% pro silica, especially if you live somewhere that can get humid
>>
>>6148667
Thanks man, these are a little pricey, but cheaping out on a tub of $40~ a pop imports seems like a bad idea.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.