[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rubik's cube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: gans 3.png (130KB, 395x357px) Image search: [Google]
gans 3.png
130KB, 395x357px
i have done the rubik's cube for 2 years and my best is 10 seconds. what about you?
>>
File: 1479943110005.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479943110005.png
138KB, 375x375px
Gotta go fast
>>
>>6145101
I've never been able to solve it.
>>
>>6145136
Same, always end up cheating and using solver apps.
>>
File: 2579.jpg (279KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2579.jpg
279KB, 1500x1500px
>>6145101
Recently got pic related.

I used to speed cube in college. I remember lubing my cube with KY jelly and practicing one handed. My best time was something like 18 seconds but it was just with a stop watch on my phone.

Anyways, I forgot all the algorithms and had to look them up again. Solving this thing, I thought would be easy. But each side is actually only very slightly different and checking patterns is not as intuitive as looking at colors. I figure I will get better and once I do, I will enjoy the feeling of speed cubing a Lament Configuration (Hellraiser puzzle box) and come closer to becoming a proper Clive Barker cenobite.
>>
>>6145739
Pretty cool, but yeah, seems like a headache to check if the pattern is lined up rather than just glancing at a color.
>>
File: qiyiwarriorwb1.jpg (246KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
qiyiwarriorwb1.jpg
246KB, 900x601px
Just ordered myself one of these a few days ago.

I don't want to get into speed cubing or whatever; I got my nephew one for Christmas and I ended playing with it for a bit and managed to solve it after some trouble.

Started looking into things, found out about speed cubes and the like and ordered myself a budget cube.

I assume that even a budget speed cube is nicer than a generic rubik's cube, and still a fraction of the price too.
>>
I've had a Darth Maul 2x2 since Phantom Menace was in theaters, and I've never been able to solve it.
>>
>>6145101
I got a classic Rubik's cube at Christmas and I've spent maybe 15 minutes on it total since which I know isn't much but I can't seem to get anywhere, is there some kind of way of learning to solve it or do it just look at strategies? I'd like to really get into it.
>>
>>6148963
http://how-to-solve-a-rubix-cube.com/

It's pretty easy when you realise all the centre pieces are in fixed positions
>>
>>6148981
Just by looking at my Rubik's cube I can see they indeed are, I'm taking a look at the website too, thanks mate.
>>
Gonna give this a bump.

What's your favorite method? I'm graduating from beginner's method and trying out CFOP right now. It's a fucking nightmare with all the algorithms to memorize (beginner's method only has like 7).

Also, any other puzzles you guys like? I plan on getting bigger ones (4x4 and up) but the megaminx intrigues me.
>>
I like cubes
>>
>>6148863
Same Here,
Anyone know how?
>>
>>6149546
started with the 3x3x3 after christmas and own a megaminx since 3 days. It's pretty awesome. Only problem is the mutation of the last layer, the rest is as easy as the 3x3x3.

Scramble you 3x3x3 and try to solve only the edges like a 2x2x2. It is harder than you think.
>>
>>6150764
That one really helped me learn it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRYAhYtqL84
>>
>>6148863
>>6150764
I'd expect that following a subset of a guide for a full cube would work; just do the corners.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.