[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fashion doll thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 133

File: midgeroo.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
midgeroo.jpg
1B, 486x500px
A thread for Barbie dolls, Disney dolls, and any dolls that aren't Monster High/Ever After High or BJD.

last thread >>6107241
>>
Another repaint
>>
>>6142963
Re-paint doesn't really accurately cover all the changes made. Yes, the face has been re-painted, but the doll has also been re-bodied with a Made-to-Move body, the lower part of the dress has been almost completely re-made, the necklace has been adjusted, the hair re-styled... Not much of the original doll left there.
>>
>>6142981
I mean, I'm giving people the benefit of the doubt that they can see the glaring differences between the two themselves.
>>
>>6142963
Don't really care for the alternating yellows but the additional layers look really nice. Give the dress some much needed oomph.
>>
>>6142963
She's still a fucking freak
>>
>>6142963
it's better.
>>
So how do you fill in the male deficit in your doll collection? I'm really fucking sick of Ken and that one fashionista sculpt, and I'm looking for other dolls to collect in general.
>>
File: 1485043187461.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1485043187461.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6142963
The original doll is at least trying to give off a smile. The repainted versions expression looks like she just farted, and shes trapped in the box with the smell. They also lowered her left eyebrow which makes her look concerned for her safety.
>>
What are your favorite random off-brand dolls? I found a Tong doll at the thrift store the other day and fell in love. It's a shame they can't be found on ebay or similar sites cheap because I'd love to pick up a few to use for customs.

It's a pain in the ass to identify these since multiple companies used the faces and since they were just random Barbie knock-offs most people didn't keep them in boxes, but the google helped out. The dress is one of the Betty Melody bride dresses, and the doll itself is the (rare, apparently) "Elite Collection Dawn."
>>
>>6143070

>Don't really care for the alternating yellows
This
I own The Disney Store Emma doll, and I sold off the Hasbro Belle body, and kept the dress. I guess I could do this to the dresses if I wanted to, but I don't feel like destroying two $30+ dresses just to make one imperfect dress. While It looks nice the alternating yellows would still make it non-movie accurate.

>>6142963
Why does the original doll in that picture have an olive complection? My doll doesn't look like that. I thought about doing a repaint, and while I'm really good at drawing, and animating Disney characters there's a big difference between drawing, and painting. I've never done a face repaint, and I don't feel like getting in over my head.
>>
File: minne le.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
minne le.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Did anyone pick up the new LE Minnie? I haven't seen much demand for her
>>
>>6142963
The eyes on the right doll look really weird. Like they're looking in two different directions.
>>
>>6143386
Tong dolls are great for what they are. Just set up an eBay alert for "tong doll" and wait, a few of them are up every month.
>>
>>6143566
I thought about at least checking her out on her release day, but since they chose to also release the live action Beauty & the Beast merch this month there's no point of even going to look at it. I've already blown $112 plus tax on live action Gaston, blue dress Emma Belle, Beast ,and ballroom dress Emma Belle this month, and that was with the help of a 20% off coupon. I don't think I'll even go to the Disney Store until at least next month. My store is still trying to sell of the Fairytale Designer Villains vs Hero dolls. The only one of the four that is sold out is the Belle/Gaston set.
>>
>>6143290
>So how do you fill in the male deficit in your doll collection?
Just do what I do. Buy Disney male dolls.
>>
Interesting interview with Robert Tonner about the DS Emma Belle doll: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/movies/a8596678/emma-watson-belle-doll-justin-bieber/
>>
>>6143617
>Dat lone Merida.
>>
File: cruz.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
cruz.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Noel Cruz repaint of the DS sculpt. This isn't the final doll, he isn't done with the hair and final face touches. Not too crazy about the heavier eye makeup, but my god bounds above the actual doll
>>
>>6145047
That's some uncanny valley.
>>
File: CatBegging.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
CatBegging.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6145047
As expected from him.
It's amazing.
>>
>>6144164
She looks like Obama not Bieber.
>>
>>6145062
Definitely uncanny valley, especially with the too-thin neck, glossy plastic, and shoulder seam below it. It's unsettling.
>>
>>6145047
how in the hell does he do this
>>
File: pépette06.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
pépette06.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6145080
h'es a magician.
He's my /toy/ idol.
>>
>>6145047
It looks like he painted/shadowed some of the forehead in order to help reduce it. While it definitely looks like Emme I kinda wish he wouldn't have gone with a more youthful approach to this Emma doll.
He went a little to heavy on the laughing/smile lines that connect form the sides of her nose to the sides of her lips which ages the dolls face. He also chose to darken her lower eyes which also ads to a less youthful appearance.

From the photos hes shared he had two Emma's to go with. A younger looking Emma which is show on the left, and a much older looking Emma which is shown on the right. Sadly he chose the older looking face on the right.
>>
File: Before After.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Before After.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6145519
I'm not very good at photoshop, but I tried to reduce the darkness of the smile lines, and some of the darkness under her eyes as well.
>>
File: Younger Older.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Younger Older.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6145519
>>
>>6145519
>I kinda wish he wouldn't
>wouldn't
Meant to say *would
>>
File: sfdfds.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
sfdfds.jpg
1B, 486x500px
What could have been.
>>
Does anyone here know if hasbro Disney doll arms can be pulled out of their sockets safely? I wanna put possible hasbro arms onto my singing live action Belle doll, but I'm afraid something may break while trying to do the swap.
>>
>>6144164
The guy who posts these as an example of his co's best work should talk. Yike.
>>
File: t10lrdd01_lg.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
t10lrdd01_lg.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6146780
>The guy who posts these as an example of his co's best work should talk.

What are you talking about? He didn't say that either of those were his company's best work. He simply said they had done them. The only doll he singled out as especially liking was this Galadriel one.
>>
>>6147094
That's a good doll.
But I understand it wasn't a commercial success given the actresses uncute face.
>>
>>6147094
>He simply said they had done them.
They shouldn't have. I mean reeeeally.
>>
They made a big, and extra small one because thats how they roll.
>>
>>6147191
They also made the back stabbing China girl who kissed our boy Harry in one of the films.
>>
>>6143386
>What are your favorite random off-brand dolls?
What exactly do you mean by off brand?
>>
I wonder if Hot Toys will be making any dolls for Beauty and the Beast like they did for Maleficent. There may yet be some hope of us getting a really awesome movie accurate Belle doll that actually looks like Emma Watson.
>>
>>6147609
Dolls that aren't made for a specific brand. Like the Tong dolls: they're a not made for a specific brand such as Barbie, but instead were made in factories and sold under various names (Betty Teen, Elite Dawn, etc) by different companies.
>>
>>6147202
That picture though
>>
New Moana LE doll, coming out in March.
>>
>>6148974
It's not bad.
She's really buff.

And the infamous Disney's cankles and ham legs.
>>
>>6148974
I don't know how to feel about this. This doll is the reason I skipped the first LE Moana doll which to me was way to simple looking for it's LE price point. There's something off putting about this doll. I think it's the red layered leaves thing. It kinda grosses me out. I don't like things that look like tiny fish scales all grouped together like that.

I do like that they gave her face a softer look by raising her eyebrows, but she looks slightly off to me for some reason.

Worst part of it all is that shes missing her head piece. I know it would have been impossible for them to have placed the head piece on top of her head inside of the box do to the boxes limited height , but they could have at least included it on the side like they included the pig, and chicken in the first LE Moana box. That way anyone who wished to unbox her could just place it on top of her head, but you can't if it's totally missing! I'm not sure if I should skip this LE doll as well. If anyone disagrees with me or sees something positive that I'm not seeing please let me know.
>>
>>6148974
still got a bad case of dreamworks smug face.
>>
>>6149222
It's not the outfit she wears the headpieve with though. This is the outfit from the end of the movie when she's sailing with everyone.
>>
File: Who 1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Who 1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Could someone here please help me identify this doll I found today. I'm not sure if it's Barbie herself or skipper. Her head movies all the way around, but it's not on a ball joint so you can't move it up and down. Her waist is cut at a very odd angel which allows her to do the twist instead of just turning from side to side. Her hair is very soft, and un-matted which is surprising since the doll is so old. Shes made in Japan not China, and the date on her back says Mattel 1966.
>>
File: Who 2.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Who 2.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6149834
Here's what she looks like from the back. As you can see the line at her waist that allows her to move from side to side is cut at a round angel instead of being cut in a straight line.
>>
>>6149834
Looks like a 1970s Twist n' Turn Barbie... but they were sold under various themes. I found this that says it's the original dress, but I can't find any images in the box to confirm.
>>
>>6149834
>>
>>6149834
Hard to tell from that angle, but is this her? if so it's the first run Malibu Barbie in Japan, 1972
>>
>>6149846

Oh man. What a hot ass.
>>
File: malbartowel1.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
malbartowel1.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6149871
>>
>>6149854
Thanks for the help. That's a beautiful outfit. I have an extra purple outfit that looks almost like that. I'll try seeing if it fits her.

>>6149863
I remember seeing an old ad for a Twist n' Turn Barbie doll, and thought it might be her, but wasn't really sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

>>6149871
Yes, the images I posted are of the doll I found today. By "first run in Japan" did you mean that she was created in Japan, and distributed worldwide or that she was made to be sold exclusively in Japan only ? Sorry if the question sounds dumb I'm not very knowledgeable about older Barbie dolls. Thanks ahead of time. The copyright info on her back says the following
>© 1966
>MATTEL INC
>U.S. PATENTED
>U.S. PATENTED PEND.
>MADE IN
>JAPAN

>>6149877
Yes, this is her face right down to her visible cute front teeth.
>>
>>6149926
>Yes, the images I posted are of the doll I found today. By "first run in Japan" did you mean that she was created in Japan, and distributed worldwide or that she was made to be sold exclusively in Japan only ?

Barbies were made exclusively in Japan through 1972 but they were sold throughout the world. Sometimes they made Japanese shop exclusive Barbies, but I don't know if any of them used the original Malibu face + TNT body. I don't think so. First issue in this case just means it's the first issue of that particular doll/from the first run of these dolls. In which case it might be 1971, but it's hard to tell first issue vs later production lines in this case.

Also >>6149854 isn't the original dress if it's the Malibu doll. >>6149863 would be what you should look for.
>>
>>6149937
Thank you for all the information. I've always wanted a 70s Malibu Barbie doll! I almost flipped when I found her under a bunch of talking Hannah Montana dolls today.
>>
New picture of the new Supergirl doll.
>>
>>6150007
>>
>>6150033
I love this Wondy so much more than her basic release.
>>
>>6150007
I really do wonder why they gave her a side braid. I love braids, but I just never knew braids were a Super girl thing. I feel like she needs a red cap, and I miss not seeing the Supergirl S logo on her shirt. She feels naked or incomplete to me without them. looks like she has joints at the knees, but it's hard to tell because they made her red dress a little to long. I look at these dolls every time I'm at the store, and I'm always tempted to buy one, but she just doesn't feel special enough for me to make room for her in my budget. I like her colors, and shes pretty, but money is tight right now.

>>6150033
Now this I like. Notice how her dress doesn't hide her knee joints. I'm also loving that theres zero molded clothing on this doll. I love that she has real legs, and feet. I really do hate when they cheap out, and give dolls non-removable boots.
>>
>>6150033
Im glad wonder womanl is still pretty and not drawn more like gal gadot
>>
>>6150091
Mattel would just reuse their Skelita molds.
>>
File: image.png (1B, 486x500px)
image.png
1B, 486x500px
MOTHER FUCKING KNOE
>>
File: Capture.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Capture.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6149625
>This is the outfit from the end of the movie when she's sailing with everyone.

Oh, you're right. The new long red cape they added was throwing me off. She does not wear a long red cape in that ending scene. She swings around by a rope in that scene, and a long red cape would have definitely limited her movement. They added it specifically for this LE doll. Honestly I was hoping they would create an LE doll based on the outfit she has on when wearing the headpiece.

Do you wanna know the really messed up part? The "Dreamworks" facial expression they gave the first LE doll works better with this doll, and vice versa . If you watch the movie the last shot of the film is a close up of Moana's face as she gives the camera a confident, and empowered Dreamworks facial expression by lowering her eyebrow and giving a smirk.

They should have given this new happy innocent face to the first LE Moana doll, and the original confident face should have been given to this new Moana LE doll.
>You had one Job Disney!
>>
>>6150133
Are you JLantis, or are you just copying everything he said in his video on the subject?
>>
Capture.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6150464
>Are you JLantis
My first thought was what the hell is a "JLatis"? Googled it to find out it's the same youtuber some anon in one of these threads linked to once. No, I don't follow him or watch his videos, but now that you pointed out that he has said everything I've said in my post I'm going to have to go watch it to find out if it's true or not........

Just watched the video. The only thing we seem to agree on is that Disney Storeshould have swapped the LE Moana faces for the same reason I pointed out. He said this is the doll he always wanted, however I didn't want this outfit. I wanted this >>6149222 outfit. He also seems to like the first LE Moana doll, and I don't. On a side not I would never used the word "fierce".
>>
>>6150489
Are the new dolls eyebrows really going to be gray instead of black or is that just shitty Disney photoshop ?
>>
File: 1393935228790a.png (1B, 486x500px)
1393935228790a.png
1B, 486x500px
>>6149876
Indeed.
>>
File: gdgdf.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
gdgdf.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Well since the thread is a little slow today I'll share a photo of my film Collection Belle, and Beast dolls. Please forgive the crappy yellow bg. I don't have a place to display the dolls yet, and the real bg looked like shit.
>>
I was at toys r us and saw a whole section of Tim Burton's Alice dolls (and other characters too) I didn't take pics and this pic isn't mine, but holy fuck those are some ugly ass dolls. It's 45% forehead, 45% jaw and 10% nose, eyes, eyebrows and lips.
>>
Bless Noel Cruz and his work forever and ever, amen
>>
>>6152335
Holy shit. This is amazing. The one on the right doesn't just look better. It looks GREAT.
>>
>>6152261
>was at toys r us and saw a whole section of Tim Burton's Alice dolls
So do I every time I go. They've been on "sale" for a few months now, but nobody is buying them. I think the image you posted is the Disney store version.
>>
>>6152335
It really is day, and night. I wonder why he would give her a non possible body tho?
>>
>>6152410
Color me shocked, the before doll isn't completely awful.
>>
>>6152261
Mine has them on the bottom shelf in the "shit nobody wants" shelving section, under old Descendants, Make it Pop, and other failed Disney turds. The heads are awful, but they do look fancy from afar.
>>
>>6152410
>on "sale" for a few months now
>>6152424
>"shit nobody wants" shelving section

When will they learn to make princesses pretty again? I mean, they have to be seeing how shitty doll sales have gotten, it's really not that difficult to see the correlation that when you hire a horse to be a princess, dolls won't sell. It's not like we're out of hot women who could be princesses in movies.
>>
File: DISNEYa 39a.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DISNEYa 39a.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6152824
>JAWS AND FOREHEADS

>my fucking sides
Well played, anon.
>>
>>6152335
I'm sure he did some fine tuning on the finished doll's outfit, but it honestly looks like the original is a little girl playing in her big sister's prom gown from how odd the fit is in comparison.
>>
So I went to a doll show yesterday and bought some vintage Barbie heads and a bag of outfits. Its all bits and pieces, but there were some really nice dresses in there. It does put it in stark contrast that for $15 I could get five good condition vintage dresses (plus odds and ends, there's some non-matched skirts and tops and undies) but it would cost more to get four cheapsy flimsy flat dresses brand new from TRU.

Also, is there somewhere that sells repro early Barbie bodies? I nabbed a few really cute loose heads but only one has the socket-type neck, the rest have the flat knob style and can't be fitted onto modern bodies without serious giraffe neck.
>>
>>6154970
Mattel rerelease the original 1959 Barbie all the time and can bought from the official Barbie store: theBarbiecollection.com

However there doesn't seem to be any available right now but I'm sure eBay has plenty.
>>
>>6155084
Ah i was hoping for just individual bodies, but I'll keep an eye on Ebay then. The local collectible toy shop has a bunch of the repro dolls for cheap but every time I buy one I end up really liking them as-is and just dress them in actual vintage dresses.
>>
File: Capturea.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Capturea.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6143566
I stopped by my local Disney Store yesterday, and got to see her in person.
I always thought she looked better than the first LE black funeral dress Minnie, however I wasn't expecting to get blown away by her in person.

First off shes way bigger in person than online images would lead you to believe. Her head alone is larger than my closed fist, and that's not even counting her ears. This is one of those dolls where photos just don't do it any justice. They had her behind a glass Display, and I found my self circling the store at least twice to check her out. I don't know if it was the display area they had set up for her, but I couldn't stop admiring what great presence, and personality she gave off.

I asked how many they had left to maybe pick her up in a week or so, but I was told that they only had one left in the back. She told me that she sold better than the first LE Minnie, and that she had just sold one a few hours ago. So today I grabbed $50 worth of dolls I could live without, and returned them and got LE Minnie. They had already sold the one in the back this morning so the cast member sold me the one on Display behind the glass which they usually don't do. I know that I talked some crap about her when the first few images of her were released, but I now find myself eating crow while enjoying her. Anyone who has the chance to should try checking her out in person before closing the door on this doll for good.
>>
>>6154970

Congrats on your finds, anon! I've always wanted to go to a toy/doll show myself, but I don't know of any in my area. I hope you had fun checking out the old, and new.

>it would cost more to get four cheapsy flimsy flat dresses brand new from TRU.
This is becoming a big problem for new collectors these days. Every time I see Barbie clothing packs in stores I check them out only to find god offal over priced designs.
>>
>>6155137
>but every time I buy one I end up really liking them as-is and just dress them in actual vintage dresses.
Been there myself a few times.
>>
>>6155137
You could get the repro heads and put it on a modern body
>>
>>6155388
That collarbone looks gross
>>
File: 1484547170712.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1484547170712.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6152335
Noel Cruz is a god.

Disney should hire him.
>>
>>6155590
>Disney should hire him.

Sadly it wouldn't matter for the mass produced dolls.
>>
>>6155388
No, the repro still have the same neck thing that bothers me with the originals. It takes a lot of awkward modding to get them on.
>>
File: Funko.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Funko.jpg
1B, 486x500px
You know ya dun goofed when Funko can make a better product. Disney Store better have learnt from this.
>>
File: ghfg.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
ghfg.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6152335
>>6152370
>>6152411
>>6154961
>>6155590
Sold for $3,400.00 Plus Shipping: $29.95
>>
>>6156715
I always wonder what his dolls look like in person.
>>
>>6156715
If he is charging that much he should paint the arms to match her face.
>>
>>6157076
3400 $ isn't even the most fucked price for a doll.
An anon posted there that an enchanted doll was sold for 76000 $ en e bay.
>>
>>6156715
It's amazing how that dress fits a different doll body better than the one it was made for.
>>
>dat feel when the old beggar woman will never get her own doll
>>
>>6157245
That's at least a hand sculpted and detailed porcelain doll with like, precious metal accessories though. He could at least put a quick mattifying coat of sealant on the body, or even do a bit of airbrush blushing (which I've done, it takes minutes)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ymNnlobwcY

i think the makeup is a bit heavy but this repaint looks good otherwise
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Untitled.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6156775
I'm more curious about what they look like over time. Does all the work he puts into them hold up over the years? For example does the paint evaporate or change into different colors over time? Does the hair lose its volume or style?

I have an Aladdin Genie doll from the 90s whos blue chest has gone from blue to green. I have dolls whos lipstick have gone from pink to white.
I also have a very recent Disney Store Animator Ariel doll whos lost her hair curls while still mint in box. Shes had the help of been stored in an air conditioned house which has zero humidity from day one. Even with all the hair gel they put in her hair to help it keep it's original shape her hair went from being styled, and fluffy, to looking like a flat wilting sad flower.
>>
>>6159810
Thanks for sharing this video!
I think it's very generous, and amazing of him to share his repaint secrets with us. Most doll repainters ( like the beloved Noel Cruz) don't always like giving away their secrets in this manner. While popular doll repainters love showing off before, and after shots they rarely every teach you how how it's done. Most pros are like that. I have a handy man who always asks his assistant to step out of the room while he does the technical stuff so that the assistant never learns the tricks of the trade. I guess most people do this to avoid competition.
>>
>>6159810
>looks good otherwise
Uh.. no. The eyes look shit.
>>
>>6159869

ok well that's your opinion anon
>>
Finally found ballet Juliet Barbie for a good price at a local show. Who else collects the ballet Barbies?
>>
What do you think of the dolls for DC Superhero Girls ?
>>
>>6162006
They're okay. I picked up Poison Ivy and Harley, although I ended up gifting Harley to someone else when I realized I didn't care for the painted legs.
>>
>>6162006
They're cute combo fashion/action dolls. So far the dolls have been pretty cute.
>>
>>6159810
Yeah I was gonna say I usually like his repaints (his Ever After High ones are gorgeous) but this one was a little too make up heavy. I love his style though.
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162006
Same face potatos
>>
File: 24c.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
24c.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6161396
I own this one.
>>
File: 1479441341123.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1479441341123.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162437
Her dress is a bit on the cheap side, but what made me pull the trigger on buying her was the that her face, and hair ornament reminded me of MoonChild from The Neverending Story.
>>
File: sbmurphy2gs.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
sbmurphy2gs.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6161396
I dislike how all the recent ballet dolls are really short, modern tutus. Well, except the Copeland doll which was more of a body suit. I miss the romantic tutus they had for earlier dolls.

I wish they'd partner with ABT and recreate some of their looks for the Ratmansky Sleeping Beauty reconstruction.
>>
Spotted at Toys R' Us!
>>
>>6162548
Oooh, I hope they release the brunette version too. Definitely getting this either way.
>>
>>6162554
I think it's just the blonde version, sadly!
>>
>>6162561
Bummer. I also see that she no longer comes with a tube of Dep.
>>
>>6162580
I can see why but I wish they included it as a prop!
>>
File: 1291941446053.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1291941446053.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162548
No fucking way! This is the doll I dreamed of having as a child. I still remember the ad for it. I just payed like $45 for one online which came with a small tube of hair gel. I want to take it out of the box so bad, but I didn't wanna mess her up.

If the price is right I will buy 50 of them!
How much are they?
>>
>>6162602
I'm not 100% sure, but someone is taking pick up orders for them at $29.99. I don't know if they are charging a pick-up fee, though.
>>
>>6162548
o-oh

I might actually pick this up, I loved this version

first barbie in years
>>
Capture.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162548
>>6162667

Your image cropped out the price tag. It's almost $50 after sales tax

The price point kinda wrecks it for me. It's way to pricy for a simple repro that's not only missing a few of the vintage accessories, but doesn't even include the bloody Dep gel which the vintage toy commercial sings about. I know it's been a few years, but dolls haven't really gone up in price that dramatically in the past 25 years. The original sold for around $15 back in the day, and came with hair gel. Looking back at my online history I only payed $42 for the original vintage version mint in box. I didn't even have to pay tax or shipping for it. This one doesn't even come in a fancy 25th Anniversary box or include a stand. What gives? I don't get the $45 ass rape price point at all here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlsk2xACwqc
>>
>>6162698
I think the price in the photo might be for another doll. My bad
>>
>>6162698
>>6162702
The price tag is for Wonder Woman Barbie.
>>
File: 68d.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
68d.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162713
I know that's why I made the second post. I hate it when stores place items above the wrong price tag.

I'm still kinda let down that she doesn't come in a nicer box or include all of her original accessories or come with a doll stand.
>>
>>6162702
Yeah I think that's for a different doll, they may not have the tag up yet. Hopefully someone finds one and confirms the real price.

I'd pay $20-25 max

did we really lose the scrunchies??
>>
>>6162698
>>6162718
Ha, anyone else notice that they didn't pose her in her iconic side pose which helps to accent her tiny waist in the new Anniversary version. One of the things I loved so much about the original doll was the way they posed her in the box which made her look more grown up,and curvaceous. I guess they didn't want easily triggered modern day chubby soccer moms to see an actual attractive Barbie doll sitting on a shelf next to the new body forward SJW approved Barbie doll bodies, and start protesting in front of toy stores.
Well played Mattel.
>>
>>6162742
I like the pose in the reproduction box better actually.
>>
>>6162719
The scrunchies are hard to see but they're in the top corners of the box. I think the new doll comes with everything the original did except the gel.

>>6162742
If anything, I think the new pose shows off her waist even more.
>>
I feel like if I had to have three anniversary dolls, it would be Totally Hair, Glitter Hair, and Camping Barbie.
God I have so many memories of Glitter Hair Barbie, I might just go look for one
Camping Barbie's sleeping bag had stars that glowed in the dark
blew my goddamned mind
>>
>>6162764
Glitter Hair Barbie was the shit. I remember my dad yelling at me for getting the gel in the carpet.

The hair gimmick Barbies were the best. I'd love to see Hollywood Hair Barbie get an anniversary doll.
>>
>>6155157
wtf is this... "hairfur" she have her hair in warped in the ears? I need to understand... it's so weird
>>
I want more wheelchair Barbies.
>>
File: The 90s.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
The 90s.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162759
> I think the new pose shows off her waist even more.

That dress, and side pose was totally 90s though. The reason girls in the late 80s/early 90s used to wear those mini tube dresses was because it helped show off their legs. That iconic pose not only made the the dolls waist look smaller, but it also made her legs look longer, and sexier. It gave the doll an over all mature,and a totally 90s sexy look which most girls back than aimed for. I guess we can't have that in 2017 even while celebrating the style of a past decade. There's a reason this doll sold well, and it's not just the long hair. The Mermaid Barbie doll Mattel released a few years later had even longer hair, and it never created any waves in the marketplace.

>>6162745
Because shes progressive, and the pose makes her waist look less tiny?
>>
File: missing.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
missing.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162719
>I'd pay $20-25 max
That would be your sweet spot right there. Anything over $25 would just be pushing it.

>did we really lose the scrunchies??
As the other anon said there are some scrunchies in there, but by the looks of it not all of them are present. I don't see the pink one with the white flower on it or the Pink one which has the curled metallic purple ribbon on it . It also seems that the hair brush, and gel tube is miss.
>>
>>6162881
She's wearing the one with the flower and I think the one with the metallic ribbon is what's attached to the right side of the box.
>>
>>6162889
You're right, anon. Since the doll is missing the dep gel tube they made a few changes to make the missing dep tube less noticeable.

The original doll wears the long pink bow while the new one wears the pink scrunchie with the white flower on it, however the long pink bow which is off to the side of the box in the new release is missing the curled metallic purple ribbon which is supposed to be connected to the long pink bow!

I just noticed that the new one does come with a hair brush, but there are some differences, and missing items there as well. I'm looking at my mint in box vintage doll right now, and the hair brush is inside of a plastic bag which has a bunch of colorful rubber bands behind the hair brush. The new one has the brush strapped onto the side of the box with no bag or extra colorful rubber bands.
>>
>>6162764
>God I have so many memories of Glitter Hair Barbie
God Barbie dolls used to be so special back in the day. I wish more Barbie dolls would come with longer hair these days.
>>
>>6162784
You, and me both, anon. If I saw a wheelchair Barbie doll in stores I would totally pick her up.

By the way does anyone know what Barbie character is in that wheelchair? It's not Barbie, or skipper, or Stacy. Does she even have a name?
>>
>>6162775
>wtf is this... "hairfur"
Yep!
>I need to understand
I think they did this to make the doll look fancier, and help justify the $80 price point.

> it's so weird
The ear hair grows on you over time.
>>
>>6162939
Her name's Becky. I think she only had a few dolls and hasn't been seen since 2000-ish. I remember there being a big to do about her wheelchair not fitting inside the dreamhouse elevator.
>>
File: Becky and Becky.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Becky and Becky.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162939

There's one named Becky, and there's one that looks different, and kinda older who is also named Becky. I guess in Barbie's world all girls in wheelechairs are named Becky.
>>
>>6162949
I think they're supposed to be the same girl. The one on the right just looks like she has an earlier 90s look.
>>
>>6162949
>not realizing that dolls use different faces and are still the same character/name
>>
File: 1463768251788.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1463768251788.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6162742
>>6162860
Why do you sound like you're begging to be triggered
>>
Upcoming Barbie Quinceanera doll
>>
>>6164297
That ugly face..
>>
>>6164297
Pass.
You'd think Mattel would use a Skipper doll to portray a fifteen year old girl.
>>
>>6164335
I can't see a Skipper doll accurately portraying the My Super Sweet 16 style of a glammed up teenager though
>>
>>6164358
I kind of like the face. It's like a browner Selena Gomez. The hair is very pretty too. I feel like Barbie hair has been very boring lately. It's either just straight and down or in that cute bun that we've seen 50 times before.
>>
>>6164297
>>6164358
does this doll has a moustache? because mexican?
>>
>>6164358
She looks like Selena Gomez a little bit.
>>
>>6164297
I've seen her in walmarts already. Not really that great, birthday barbie has a nicer dress I think.
>>
Another nightmare fuel Belle repaint video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzZa2ohQaLs
>>
Capture.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6166303
>If we beat the face with hammer she will look better.

Really makes you think doesn't it.
>>
>>6162548
>>6162698
The retail price is $25.00.
>>
>>6167262
fair enough I guess. Hope to spot one in stores soon.
>>
>>6164297
It's okay, but the upper lip looks weird.
>>
File: Bravo Mattel.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Bravo Mattel.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6164297
>Quinceanera
>Brown skin, brown eyes, and brown hair.
Because when progressive companies like Mattel think Hispanic they think brown.
Bravo Mattel, Bravo!!!
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DELETE.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>6164821
DELETE THIS
>>
>>6168135
Who's the chick below Lewis CK?
>>
>>6168135
and how many of them ID as such, and how many pass off as white? And isn't Louid CK Greek/Hungarian/Polish or some shit?

>his attempt to claim he "wrote" Denis Leary's "Asshole" song makes him a lying faggot, actually
>>
>>6169632
Louis C.K. is Mexican-American. He was born to Hungarian and Mexican parents. Spanish is his first language, and he lived for several years in Mexico when he was a child. He still has Mexican citizenship.

>>6169511

It's Sara Paxton, and shes half Mexican. Shes been in films like Aquamarine, The Last House on the Left, and The Innkeepers. She told The Huffington Post "People never believe me, I think it's because they have this stereotype of what a Latina's supposed to look like, and I don't fit that typical look."
>>
>>6168135
I doubt even Hulk Hogan cares about his 1/4 Panamanian heritage.
>>
>>6169632
That's what I'm wondering. Cameron Diaz, Christina Aguilera, and Frankie Muniz are obvious. But some of these either don't make it well known or don't care. Sara Paxton likely doesn't look Mexican/Latina due to the more dominant European genes. >>6168135 has a point I guess, but the market is oversaturated with pale dolls with no distinct ancestry. Don't see a problem with this doll, though, she's pretty.
Also,
>Mattel is so progressive that they didn't even think to consider this small handful of old/washed up/fairly known white passing celebrities I googled
>>
File: 2015HolidayDolls.jpg (213KB, 1038x482px) Image search: [Google]
2015HolidayDolls.jpg
213KB, 1038x482px
>>6171025
>this small handful of old/washed up/fairly known white passing celebrities I googled
I didn't need google to tell me this. I have people in my family from Spain who have celebrated their Quinceanera who look nothing like that doll. They could have at least created a light skinned variant Quinceanera doll just like they do with their Holiday or birthday dolls. The doll is a nice idea, but why half ass it.
>>
>>6168135

I'm really surprised with the number of brown hair + brown skin dolls there are. Most Hispanic-identifying people I know have black hair, and when I tried to gift some dolls, I could hardly find that combo without the doll being coded as black.
>>
>>6171673
You're such a bland concern troll about such a worthless topic.
>>
Totally Hair Reproduction is up on Barbie Collector... but you have to be a BFC to purchase it online. Wtf, Mattel?
>>
>You must be a BFC member to purchase this item.

Fucking wut, Mattel? It's a $25 repro of a doll that literally every thrift store in the country has naked in a bin for $1 or less.
>>
>>6171025
Anon, I am white as fuck but I am 100% Mexican. You bet your ass I had a quinceñera. Growing up, I had lots of dolls. I had a few Teresas but the thing about her was that she was brunette but too dark. Barbie was blonde but there was no brown hair.
>>
>>6172516
Good for you? You're not the problem. White Mexicans are common. The whole problem is that this anon is pulling 1/2 or 1/4 white passing blonde Latinos/Latinas out of their ass to go "M-Mattel isn't progressive!!" Like >>6171012 said, Hulk Hogan? Really? Sara Paxton is known for saying that she's bothered by being told that she doesn't look like a typical Latina and that's true but getting pissy because they made a brown Quincenera doll is fucking stupid.
>>
>>6172586
this so hard. I'm a white mexican but my 8 y/o sister's pretty dark and she's super self conscious about it. we know that white latinos/as exist because they're usually the ones representing us in media (even in mexico) anyway.
>>
File: a84.jpg (45KB, 536x420px) Image search: [Google]
a84.jpg
45KB, 536x420px
>>6172586
>getting pissy because they made a brown Quincenera doll is fucking stupid.

No it's not! I want an official Quincenera Barbie that looks like me! Is that so much to ask? Even if it was way to much to ask for why would me wanting a blonde Quincenera doll piss you off so much?
>>
File: Resell-Old-Barbies.jpg (4MB, 3931x2992px) Image search: [Google]
Resell-Old-Barbies.jpg
4MB, 3931x2992px
>>6172199
I rarely order things online. I like to see them in person, and pick out the one with the less fucked up hair, and box.

>>6172336
>a doll that literally every thrift store in the country has naked in a bin for $1 or less.

You're lucky than. I go to my local thrift store almost every week, and while I've scored a few nice items I've never seen a Totally hair barbie doll. Naked dolls at my Goodwill have just been upped from $1 to $3 even if they have matted or cut hair, and pen marks on their faces.

If the doll is new in it's box the store manager will look it up on ebay on her cell phone, and she will price the doll for at least $5 more than it sells for on ebay, however she fucks the packaging up by taking a big fat permanent marker, and writing the price right on the clear window part of the dolls box.
>>
>>6162764
Ok so when I was a kid I got to go to the Disneyworld Barbie show in 94. They had these tapes that had the whole show, plus basically a 30 minute commercial for the current line of Barbies. Glitter Hair and Camping were both on there. Really wish I still had that tape, its probably worth something since I don't think many kids got it.
>>
>>6173440
I have one for Epcot, where you followed her around or something, it think it may have had the same commercial at the end

I should dig that up and convert it to DVD, I know it's around here somewhere
>>
>>6173448
oh, someone already did it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo28D8R9hIs
>>
File: Capture.jpg (201KB, 1321x535px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
201KB, 1321x535px
>>6173440
>Really wish I still had that tape
I was going to say it's probably on Youtbue. Only had to scroll down a few posts to find out it was. >>6173450

This video really makes me nostalgic for early 90s fashion. It was modern yet still kinda reflected the styles of the 50s.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (219KB, 1349x842px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
219KB, 1349x842px
>>6173450
This Barbie video is talking me on an emotional rollercoaster. I hadn't thought about those paper jumping frogs since was was literally six or seven years old. The Japanese girls in my class used to make them all the time. I think I even learned how to make them myself at some point. They used to be as popular as pogs at my school.
>>
>>6173215
I would like a fairskinned dark haired Barbie and it's never going to happen.
It's either blonde with orange skin or brown hair with brown skin.
>>
>>6173545
Barbie Look Sweet Tea? That recent Elvis Barbie? Harley Davidson Barbie? Wonder Woman Barbie? I'm sure there's more but there's been tons of dark haired light skinned dolls, especially if you consider the Asian dolls too.

And jesus christ >>6173215 you can literally buy any light skinned blonde doll in any configuration you want in any body type in any doll era with literally any doll sculpt from Mattel and shove in that dress, you sound like a selfish cunt for wanting even more blonde ass mayo dolls when the market is saturated with them and it sounds like you just want to create problems for yourself cuz you have it so easy with whatever doll you want to "look like you". Like holy shit, it's been 5 decades and Mattel has made *one* Asian Ken doll from Japan, and literally no Mexican Ken dolls in any form and you want a specific blonde doll to look exactly like you with the exact culture and dress.
>>
File: A This is Bait.webm (184KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
A This is Bait.webm
184KB, 960x540px
>>6174272
>you sound like a selfish cunt for wanting even more blonde ass mayo dolls
>>
File: miraculouschloeantubug.png (198KB, 540x544px) Image search: [Google]
miraculouschloeantubug.png
198KB, 540x544px
One of the Miraculous Ladybug dolls.
>>
>>6175353
>>
>>6175353

>Oh look, it's an all new original character that's a mirror opposite rival to the MC. That's never been done a million-zillion-quadrillion times before.
>>
>>6175360
I really don't get how the bitchy girl looks more like her in show version than the main character.
>>
Pullip is doing a new Disney line. First up is Cinderella.
>>
>>6175895
Nice.
Pullip always have great outfits.
Only their shoes are meh.
>>
>>6175895
>hair is yellow blonde instead of strawberry
>dress is blue instead of silver
I know Disney has been doing this for years but it still triggers my autism something awful. Beautiful doll, though.
>>
File: tumblr_ol4k1zcKJp1tprcb7o1_1280.jpg (378KB, 845x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol4k1zcKJp1tprcb7o1_1280.jpg
378KB, 845x1280px
For anyone who was interested in those anime Barbies, apparently the Azone knockoff bodies on aliexpress match pretty nicely.
>>
>>6176231
Is this really what normies think anime looks like?
>>
>>6176309
Sadly, yes.

>>6176231
Nice stealth pone, anon.
>>
>>6176361
Not my picture. I snagged it from http://puff-pink.tumblr.com/post/157030635044
>>
File: qmoaae.jpg (45KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
qmoaae.jpg
45KB, 500x706px
>>6176231
It's like Chris Hart's "How to Draw Anime" book came to life.
>>
>>6175360
I hope they fix the original doll's face before they release 90 million more of them.
>>
>>6176648
I really like this ugly anime head for some reason. She'd look really cool on some kind of shitty hipstery silk screened thing. Like a tote bag or whatever. Its just so fucking ugly that it looks intentional.
>>
>>6175895
Will they be available at stores like toys r us?
>>
>>6176231
The one on the left looks fun.
>>
>>6177237
I don't know that any stores carry Pullips outside of speciality stores that carry Japanese brands. They're available from Premium Bandai on preorder.
>>
>>6177237
No. Pullips are $150+ dolls for adult collectors/customizers. They are not going to be found in TRU. You might be able to find them in stores that focus on toys for adults, though. You can purchase them online from a few websites, though. Amiami, HLJ, and PullipStyle usually have all of the newest releases.
>>
>>6177888
>PullipStyle usually has all the newest releases
Yes, I am pretty sure they sell their dolls on their own website....
>>
>>6178035
PullipStyle is not official.
>>
>>6178056
Wow. That blew my mind. They have really good prices.
>>
File: 18774062523_63d0ea20a1_ozwzzozz.jpg (129KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
18774062523_63d0ea20a1_ozwzzozz.jpg
129KB, 1080x1350px
>>6152335
>>6156715
Looks like somebody else has rebodied the Disney Store Emma doll with the same larger body used by Cruz.

Does anyone have any clue what body they are using to rebody this Disney store doll? It seems to have zero elbow or wrist articulation.
>>
>>6178419
>>
>>6178419
>>6178421
I like this faceup a lot better. Cruz does amazing work but it veers too much into uncanny valley for my tastes.
>>
>>6178421
>>
>>6178424
>Cruz does amazing work but it veers too much into uncanny valley for my tastes.

Agreed, this person has also addressed the dress issue. Noel Cruz worked so hard on the face, but didn't even try to attempt to make the dress movie accurate.
>>
>>6178442
I just wish I could find out what body they both used. It really does go better with the dress.
>>
>>6178442
Left looks like an awkward middle schooler trying on her older sisters debutante gown.
>>
File: WillReview40.jpg (204KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
WillReview40.jpg
204KB, 960x1280px
>>6178443
A W.I.T.C.H. doll perhaps?
>>
File: tumblr_nlbdkfh2xS1rtpc9zo1_500.jpg (51KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlbdkfh2xS1rtpc9zo1_500.jpg
51KB, 412x640px
>>6178443
I think the Noel Cruz one might have been one of the Jakks Pacific Girl Force bodies. No idea which version.
>>
Target exclusive BATB doll
>>
File: Capture.jpg (226KB, 919x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
226KB, 919x1070px
>>6178692
>>6178757
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into it this week, and if I do end up making any changes to my Emma doll I'll share the results here.

>>6178813

That doll made me chuckle. At first I thought when does Belle dress like Little Miss Muffet in the film, but then it hit me. I guess that's supposed to be Belle in her winter outfit.
>>
File: 1481589415340.jpg (123KB, 939x635px) Image search: [Google]
1481589415340.jpg
123KB, 939x635px
>>6179102
>>6178813

Emma is smiling in that scene. Why don't the newer Hasbro dolls smile? Yes I know their classic dolls smile,but I'm talking about their newer dolls. At first I just thought it was do to Emma not smiling very much in the film, but thinking back their Moana doll also didn't have a smile. The eerie part is that if you looked at the back of the swimming Hasbro Moana dolls box you'll see that the original prototype Moana is smiling, yet they removed the smile from the finished product. What gives? Is having a strong female character smiling viewed as sexist now?
>>
>>6179310
What are you talking about? The dolls are smiling. Just because it's not a huge grin.
>>
File: 1483135766763.jpg (13KB, 211x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483135766763.jpg
13KB, 211x240px
>>6179327
How is this a smile?
>>
>>6178813
How is that this looks better than the Disney store version.
>>
File: smuggy.gif (697KB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
smuggy.gif
697KB, 498x280px
>>6179342

More like a "smug bitch face" to me.
>>
>>6179399
Agreed.
>>
File: Barbie-fashionistas-2017.jpg (42KB, 688x628px) Image search: [Google]
Barbie-fashionistas-2017.jpg
42KB, 688x628px
Blurry preview of 3 new Fashionistas. Thank god they're releasing the cute orange-head from the Barbie Instagram!

and in before REEEEEEEEE at "girl power"
>>
>>6180437
I really like the skirt on the middle Barbie.
>>
File: ww1-600x900.jpg (64KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ww1-600x900.jpg
64KB, 600x900px
New Wonder Woman dolls from her movies.
>>
File: ww2-600x900.jpg (48KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ww2-600x900.jpg
48KB, 600x900px
>>6180675
>>
File: ww3-600x900.jpg (54KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ww3-600x900.jpg
54KB, 600x900px
>>6180678
>>
>>6180683
>>
File: ww4-600x900.jpg (49KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ww4-600x900.jpg
49KB, 600x900px
>>6180687
>>6180687
I guess the picture don't want to go.
>>
File: Wonder Woman w Armored Horse.jpg (121KB, 669x739px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman w Armored Horse.jpg
121KB, 669x739px
>>6180690
>>
File: Queen Hippolyta w Armored Horse.jpg (117KB, 669x696px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Hippolyta w Armored Horse.jpg
117KB, 669x696px
>>6180696
>>
File: Diana & Steve 2-Pack.jpg (107KB, 669x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Diana & Steve 2-Pack.jpg
107KB, 669x1004px
>>6180697
>>
>>6180675
>>6180678
>>6180683
>>6180690
>>6180696
>>6180697
I really want to like these but I can't stand the faces and can't justify paying full price + an extra doll for a headswap. Less discriminating kid me would've loved them.
>>
>>6180699
Are you kidding me with his molded leg pants, goddamn mattel you lazy fucks

Also most of the outfits having all the fabric layering/texture just printed on like one of those shitty cosplay morph suits

I'm so mad
>>
>>6180678
Hate the gimmic but i sorta dig the outfit and look a lil. Face is always a lil questionable for me.
>>6180683
Kinda cute and i think i like her bodice.
>>6180690
Liking this on a purely simple level - i like the outfit design and the blue coloring.
>>6180696
Alright - this is tickling my horse admiration side.
>>6180697
Wont lie - i dig all of this
>>6180699
Only time i'm finding Chris Pine attractive - weird. I do not like the outift at all, good lord what is up with the jacket too? Bad enough with the pants - the jacket looks extremely badly fabriced.
>>6180728
How much you wanna bet they might get the EAH treatment - meaning they up pics with joints but swap em last minute.
>>
>>6180678
>>6180683
>>6180690
>>6180696
>>6180697
>>6180675
These look awesome.
>>
>>6180696
>>6180697
did they have to give the horses sexy Barbie eyes tho
>>
File: 1487069104447.jpg (1010KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1487069104447.jpg
1010KB, 2197x1463px
>>6180437
>REEEEEEEEE at "girl power"
Girl Power dolls were already done in the 90s. They were called Spice Girl dolls, and they were wonderfu
>>
File: Wonder_Woman_0298.jpg (369KB, 1609x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman_0298.jpg
369KB, 1609x1024px
>>6181610

Well, when you're horny and stuck on an island with no men, it's you either side with team lesbian or team sexy stallions with bedroom eyes.

...Or kangaroos because why not.
>>
i got a batgirl cuz i liked her red hair, and look kinda cute.
but holy shit she can't wear anything from MH, EAH, barbie or my dog.
her big and fat ass doesn't accept any skirt or dress.
and looking at her, any top, if any fit, would make her look like michelle obama because of her muscular arm.
even like that, does anyone has any idea what kind of clothes would fit on her? apart from the one she came with.
>>
>>6182486

Looks like you're gonna have to go to Etsy for some clothing patterns and make-
>Checks Etsy
...Well dang! There's no clothing patterns for DC Superhero Girls!

I guess if you're handy with sewing doll clothes, you could make some good dosh on making some DCSHG patterns. Fill that demand, Get rich. Ain't that capitalism 101?
>>
File: il_570xN.996800001_brfd.jpg (97KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.996800001_brfd.jpg
97KB, 570x570px
>>6182486
>>6182572
DGRequiem's petite slimline patterns work if you print them at 125%. I would think other Monster High and Ever After High patterns would work the same way.
>>
>>6182486
Pure Neemo? That sounds like the problems Pure Neemos have. Too slim compared to Barbie, not itty bitty like MH/EAH, and she's got a bit of thickness to her.
>>
File: Capturea.jpg (190KB, 1412x916px) Image search: [Google]
Capturea.jpg
190KB, 1412x916px
Does anyone here know anything about the new Hasbro doll bodies. I wanna put possible Hasbro arms onto a Hasbro princess doll that has nonpossible arms.
Once you pop the arms off of a Hasbro doll are they easy to pop back onto a different Hasbro doll or would they just break? Is it even possible to pull the arms off without breaking them?

I basically wanna put possible Belle arms on my Singing Belle doll, but I'm afraid of breaking the dolls in the process.
>>
>>6183999
I have a spare hasbro princess doll I can test the arm thing out on later today
>>
Hey mods, why'd you remove the post and replies about tonner making a jazz jennings doll? Just curious.
>>
>>6182603
>>6182748
>>6182572
thanks! i see what i can do, i will see if i can do some clothes, sadly the last time i sew, i cut myself on the palm of my hand with the needle
>>
DC Super Hero Girls is already getting a new look. I love it.
>>
File: IMG_1519.jpg (69KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1519.jpg
69KB, 540x764px
>>6184170
whoops forgot images
>>
File: IMG_1524.jpg (49KB, 556x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1524.jpg
49KB, 556x1000px
>>6184173
>>
File: IMG_1521.jpg (49KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1521.jpg
49KB, 540x810px
>>6184178
>>
File: IMG_1526.jpg (62KB, 546x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1526.jpg
62KB, 546x1000px
>>6184181
all details are in this article https://www.yahoo.com/movies/latest-dc-toys-bring-super-slideshow-wp-140601757.html
>>
>>6184181
Huh, that's basically Steph's Batgirl costume. Can you switch heads on these easily? I figure putting a Kara head on one would give you a pseudo Steph bats.
>>
>>6184084
Thank you in advance for the help.
>>
File: dcshgb.png (214KB, 486x810px) Image search: [Google]
dcshgb.png
214KB, 486x810px
>>6184181
Batgirl is suppose to have green eyes.
>>
>>6184173
>>6184178
>>6184181
>>6184183
>$35.00
Pass. These are nice looking but for that price I'll stick with the 12" line.
>>
>>6184173
>>6184178
>>6184181
>>6184183
These dolls from Jakks Pacific and not Mattel why ?
>>
>>6184306
Because they weren't selling so Mattel offloaded them on to someone else so they can be the ones to spend money on improvong them instead.
>>
>>6184393
They seem to be successful though .
>>
>>6184173
I really like this new look. But I can't justify buying them. I hope Jakk's makes a 12" version with this style.
>>
>>6184393
>weren't selling

there's been several times in my area when they've been almost sold completely out of super hero girls dolls and figures. dunno what you're talking about.
>>
>>6184393
They made a billion their first year. They're doing great.
>>
>>6184306
Jakks is notorious for using larger size points to license things that they couldn't otherwise get. hence all the 31'' tall figures out there.
>>
Anyone have any good resources for someone new to Pullips? I'm all but positive I'm going to pull the trigger and get one but am a bit overwhelmed with all the information.
>>
>>6184173
>>6184178
>>6184181
>>6184183
What's the difference between these dolls and their Mattel dolls ? Are they bigger ,taller or something?
>>
>>6184759
18 inches tall
>>
>>6184759
They're bigger and have slightly nicer details. Nothing to shout about, in my opinion.
>>
>>6184605
What do you specifically need to know about?
>>
>>6185089
Who's good to buy from, general upkeep, maybe a gallery of past releases or news on upcoming stuff. Just general info.
>>
>>6182486
She fits MC2 Project stuff pretty alright as well as "Petite" Barbie clothes.
>>
>>6182486
>her big and fat ass doesn't accept any skirt or dress.
I must now get this doll.
>>
FYI to anyone who wants >>6178813 or singing Belle: she's 25% off if you use the Target Cartwheel app.
>>
>>6185862
>app
I've never owned a cell phone before, and I'm not very clear on what an app exactly is. I just came back from picking up the Enchanting Ball Gown Belle Doll at Toys R Us. The lady started pushing some rewards card that you have to access on an "app". I'm so tired of peoples pushing those cards. They always look like they are about to fall backwards in shock when I tell them no thanks I don't own a cell phone.
>>
>>6185887
I think you're too old to be posting here dear..
>>
>>6185887
Though i know i hate having to use apps to do shit, tracking and what not - the cards and point systems do add up. I have the toysrus card and it has allowed me to save up to 200 to 300 bucks on items in the last year and a half alone. I didntk now they would ask for the app to be used over the card, but i have my card and have used it and like that they have the system so i can gain points for free shit.
>>
>>6185887
>I'm not very clear on what an app exactly is.
Uh what? No one is this stupid. App means application or program. If you're on a PC then you are using one right now. Your web browser is an app.
>>
File: 200.jpg (209KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
209KB, 1024x575px
Who here thinks Disney Store is going to pull a live action Cinderella deluxe box set on us when the live action Beauty & the Beast blu ray drops?

I'm Still blown away that they were actually charging a little over $200 for this box set, but at least it came with six dolls.

I'm guessing if they did do a B&B box set it would include ugly Emma in yellow dress, Gaston, Beast, and maybe the Beast as the prince. Unless they include Belles father (which they probably wont) could they really get way with charging $200 for four dolls?
>>
File: dcshg Intergalactic gala.jpg (43KB, 744x743px) Image search: [Google]
dcshg Intergalactic gala.jpg
43KB, 744x743px
Some new DC Superhero Girls dolls.
>>
File: frost dollr.jpg (27KB, 599x741px) Image search: [Google]
frost dollr.jpg
27KB, 599x741px
>>6188592
Frost's new doll.
>>
File: hawkgirl action figure0dcshg.jpg (58KB, 729x348px) Image search: [Google]
hawkgirl action figure0dcshg.jpg
58KB, 729x348px
>>6188607
And Hawkgirl is getting a action figure.
>>
Why can't I ever find cute Project Mc2 Dolls like this one in stores.
>>
>>6188631
Maybe there not popular in stores in your area.
>>
>>6188607
>>6188620
I wish Frost had that cute ice scrunchie she does in the cartoon. Maybe I can make something with faux fur instead just to give her hair a little zazz.
>>
>>6188592
>>6188607
>>6188620
They look good.
>>
>>6185887
LOL granny alert!
>>
>>6188620
I knew Hawkgirl would be apart of the second wave. Her action figure looks good.
>>
>>6188631
Maybe the distribution of it is bad .
>>
>>6188557
>I'm Still blown away that they were actually charging a little over $200 for this box set, but at least it came with six dolls.

I mean, that's about right isn't it though? $35 x 6 dolls = 210.
>>
File: barbie toy fair17.jpg (108KB, 540x537px) Image search: [Google]
barbie toy fair17.jpg
108KB, 540x537px
New Barbie Fashionistas from toy fair.
>>
>>6189670
I like the one with big curly hair. I mostly like her hair.
>>
>>6189670
Side eye and fro are definite buys for me.
>>
>>6189670
>The fat one is a feminist
Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>6189670
Lets see, from right to left:
-Don't like her shoes, don't like her dress, don't care for her face, afro is nice though but a no buy.

-Love her face, love her hair, don't like her outfit, don't like her shoes but the hat is nice. Still a no buy.

-Stunning, love everything about her. Will buy this one.

-She's cute, nice outfit but she's too short, I prefer tall dolls. A no buy.

-Love her outfit, she's pretty, like her hair though wish it was slightly longer but I don't like the shoes. A possible buy.

Not bad but not a great set either.
>>
File: 1475306295712aaab.jpg (480KB, 933x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1475306295712aaab.jpg
480KB, 933x1280px
Hot Toys just announced that they will be making an Emma Belle doll.

What horrors await us, lads?
>>
>>6190578
The bar has been raised pretty high for ugly Emma dolls. I don't know if they're up to it.
>>
>>6190578
An even more grotesque manjaw.
>>
>>6190578
If Emma had any dignity left she would refuse the rights to her likeness but obviously $$$$ is all she wants.
>>
Any thing new from Toy fair ?
>>
File: 9_l.jpg (120KB, 458x300px) Image search: [Google]
9_l.jpg
120KB, 458x300px
So how about them Bratz eh? What happened to that multi million dollar relaunch? I saw four new lines released and then silence. Don't even see them on shelves any more yet MGA claims they are bigger than ever. I can't help but feel that is a load of bull.
>>
>>6192985
They been discontinued again.
>>
>>6193554
That's what I thought but can't find any official word on it.
>>
File: bratz.jpg (301KB, 1671x565px) Image search: [Google]
bratz.jpg
301KB, 1671x565px
>>6192985
I fell in love with the new bratz. They didn't looks as edgy, street, or urban as the original early 2000s bratz.

The second time they relaunched them in 2010 they looked more adult, and glamorous . Their lips were slightly parted, and they just looked classy. Well as classy as you're going to get with a Bratz doll.

The new 2016 Bratz were cute, young, teen girl dolls. They didn't look to adult/glamorous. They didn't look like street thugs. They just looked adorably cute.
I collected as many as I could on a very tight budget, and was looking forward to getting more, but it looks like that won't be happening any time soon since they were discontinued.

Honestly I think they are failing today because of one of two reasons.

1) They have lost their identity
or
2) They were always just early 2000s sluty pop star dolls who are as relevant today as Britney Spears is.
>>
>>6193554
That's a shame. I always did like Bratz dolls. I feel like if there had been a smarter redesign on them, they could easily have cashed in on the Instagram glam/Kardashian clan look that's so popular. Oh well, I don't mind the discounted dolls one bit at least.
>>
File: barbie careersj.jpg (2MB, 7500x2400px) Image search: [Google]
barbie careersj.jpg
2MB, 7500x2400px
I wish they would give Barbie some of these jobs again.
>>
>>6194315
If the new ones had articulated arms and wrists and possibly in set glass eyes like Bratzillaz they would have done a little better I feel.
>>
>>6194998
News Anchor Barbie there looks pretty sweet
>>
>>6194315
White girl, Asian girl, Black girl, Latino girl, what are the chances of that friendship group happening, just need one in a wheelchair to complete the group.
>>
>>6194998
Yo, black army barbie and NASCAR barbie are pretty sweet.
>>
>>6194998
Exactly what career is that in between the swimmer and the ballerina? Phantom thief Barbie?
>>
>>6195607

It's a vintage 1960s Nurse outfit
>>
File: 1447974131799.jpg (127KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1447974131799.jpg
127KB, 760x760px
>>6194998
In the year 2087 once Morals are no longer a thing there will be a Porn actress Barbie doll, because strong independent woman can do what they want with their bodies without being publicly shamed for it. Those who try to shame get sued.
>>
File: 1447974196327.jpg (125KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1447974196327.jpg
125KB, 760x760px
>>6197085
>>
File: 1447974263489.jpg (123KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1447974263489.jpg
123KB, 760x760px
>>6197089
>>
>>6197092
>1980
How horrifying
>>
>>6197092
'77 and '78 are really cute actually, are those dimples? I don't think I've ever seen a barbie with dimples. They should make modern ones with them.
>>
File: 1447974363577.jpg (136KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1447974363577.jpg
136KB, 760x760px
>>6197092
>>
File: 1447974425950.jpg (129KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1447974425950.jpg
129KB, 760x760px
>>6197418
>>
File: 1487537817168.jpg (210KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1487537817168.jpg
210KB, 760x760px
>>6197424

>>6197268
>are those dimples?
Yes
>They should make modern ones with them.
Agreed.
>>
>>6197089
love the late 60s/early 70s dolls
>>
new thread >>6197600
>>
>>6194998
god lord just look at the quality of those clothes... how much cost this dolls? no new ones?
the retro astronaut is really cool, the racer one is also great
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 133

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.