[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: WWE_Hasbro 1__scaled_600.jpg (218KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
WWE_Hasbro 1__scaled_600.jpg
218KB, 600x600px
Anyone up for a wrestling figures thread? Because I need an excuse to talk about how fucking awesome these Retro figures are.

This is my favorite kind of mass market action figure. Nice and stocky and durable for maximum play value.
>>
>>6141190
Wut. I'm actually old enough to remember the original Hasbro figures and no, no I didn't want those back.

>maximum play value.
For wrestling figures maximum play value is in articulation (to pose in moves) and accessories. I can't accept anything less than a mattel elite or the import stuff.
>>
>>6141190
I see how they look retro-ish, but I wouldn't be fooled. For some reason modern toy designers just can't nail the look on any 'retro style' toy.

Anyway, that Warrior looks nice.
Put me in for a Vader, Big Boss man, Macho, Hogan, Paul Bearer, Iron Shiek, and Road Warriors.
>>
I picked up Owens the other day and it's pretty cool. The sculpt looks a lot closer to his body type than any other Mattel figure, plus the powerbomb action is sick. I've been powerbombing tnis old bendy Goldust all week.

Galoobs are the best wrestling toys ever btw
>>
>>6141190
Is Scott Nietlech still running that brand?
>>
>>6141199
Play value and articulation aren't necessarily the same thing. Generally speaking the more articulated a figure is, the more expensive/fragile it is. I love collecting import figures, but I would never use one import figure to power bomb another like I would with figures like these.

Figures like these are for play, not posing/display. They fill a different niche than expensive, highly articulated action figures.
>>
>>6141205
I'm really shocked at how well Cena's AA works. He actually flips the other figure from the fireman's carry end-over-end, landing on his back. It's awesome.
>>
>>6141210
'Play' for me is posing them, playing out the match move by move. You actually -slam- your figures? Can't say I've done that since I was 12 or so. Not calling you childish, after all we're both playing with toys here. It's just that I'd rather just get them looking right and as real as possible to simulate wrestling.
>>
File: 20170122_121659.jpg (2MB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
20170122_121659.jpg
2MB, 3984x2241px
Here is my wrestler collection so far.

Hogan was my first and I got him in august so it's been growing pretty quick.
>>
>>6141242
For a toy like this, you kind of have to. It obviously wouldnt be the same full-on playtime, bedroom floor in your jammies stuff we did 20 years ago, but there is no shame in using a toy--not an "action figure" but a TOY--the way it was intended for a little bit. Also, maybe OP has kids or nephews.

How much do these run? I wouldn't mind picking up one or two for nostalgia; I would love to get some more late 90s guys like Stone Cold, Bret Hart or DX HBK.
>>
>>6141475
> that HBK
I wish I had room and budget for wrestlers. Him and Diesel would be the tits.
>>
>>6141475
>Perfect and Heenan up front
Class.
>Bossman up front
Put that fucking jobber in the back with Luger where he belongs.
>>
>>6141207
I don't think he ever did. Current boss is David Vonner, former Marvel Legends guy
>>
>>6141242
>You actually -slam- your figures? Can't say I've done that since I was 12 or so.

It's almost as if these are children's toys for children.
>>
>>6141690
>How much do these run?

$10
>>
File: IMG_2019.jpg (1MB, 3096x2122px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2019.jpg
1MB, 3096x2122px
I still have a shit ton of the old Hasbro ones packed up. I always liked their cartoonish aesthetic.
>>
>>6141816
Damn, that's way too much. Sorry Owens.
>>
File: reyface.png (184KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
reyface.png
184KB, 424x318px
>tfw the local target you work at has both Dudley Boys but you can't show your face there buying toys because the black kids will harass you
>>
>>6142860
Fuck em' I'm an oldfag that was self-conscious about buying ToyBiz Marvel Legends when I was 20. I remember getting super nervous when I found Beast and was walking by the electronics counter and the chad working the counter called me over and said he wanted to see it, there were two cute chicks behind him so I thought They were all going to laugh at me, but he just looked at the figure and said "I just wanted to see how bad they screwed this one up" He was a good dude. Now I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>6142860
People don't give nearly as much of a fuck as you think they do, anon. Especially after high school. Just be confident in your hobbies, plenty of adults collect toys. Don't act like you're shamefully buying a nudie mag, just keep your head up & pretend you're normal for 20 minutes.
>>
HULKAMANIA LITERALLY RUNNING WILD
>>
File: becky-lynch-wwe-nxt-series62d.jpg (3MB, 3035x3035px) Image search: [Google]
becky-lynch-wwe-nxt-series62d.jpg
3MB, 3035x3035px
Anons, I don't know anything about wrestling, but I saw this picture in a thread a while back and I wanna ask, when is the steampunk lady action figure coming out, and how hard will it be to get?
>>
>>6142968
It's been out. Not hard to get. Can just snatch one easy off ebay if you want.
>>
>>6142978
Thanks for the heads up. Having said that, after a peek on ebay, is 40-50 bucks (with shipping) the usual price for these toys?

More importantly, how long has she been out? Does this mean I probably won't be seeing her on local store shelves?
>>
>>6143053
>40-50 bucks (with shipping) the usual price for these toys?

No! There's that very Becky Lynch on ebay right now for $11 shipped!

Basic WWE figures (less articulation and accessories than Elite) should cost roughly $10.
>>
>>6143054
I'm guessing that it's a US auction, since the only ones I can see are significantly higher than eleven bucks, before adding shipping costs.

Thanks though, anon, I'll try ebay again from time to time and see if I can't eventually pick her up.
>>
File: Serious inquires only.jpg (257KB, 1907x796px) Image search: [Google]
Serious inquires only.jpg
257KB, 1907x796px
>>6143054
>>6143058

Amazon is even worse!

Is she a super popular WWE character or it the internet just fighting me right now?
>>
>>6142860
just say you're buying them for a kid relative if you need an excuse
>>
>>6143073
I don't know what to say, I'm used to being American where Mattel figures are always easily had. In fact that us auction of $11 shipped Becky on ebay was straight from Mattel itself.

It's old enough that I wouldn't expect to find it in a Walmart or other current-stock here.
>>
Really wish my local stores would put out more than one case of Elites at a time.

They all get swept up within the day they go out while Daniel Bryan and Russev figures warm the pegs.
>>
>>6143084
>It's old enough that I wouldn't expect to find it in a Walmart or other current-stock here.

Every Walmart in my region stocked this wave in heavy numbers last month for xmas
>>
>>6141213
I got Cena because of this post. The AA doesn't work quite as well as expected, but still pretty cool
>>
>>6144450
What figure did you AA?
>>
>>6144554
Kevin Owens, but also every other toy in reach. Unfortunately I powerbombed my bendy Goldust too hard and he disappeared so no AA for him yet.
>>
How's the articulation of the Elite line? The best articulation out of a wrestling figure that I've experienced so far was from the Deluxe Agression line.
>>
>>6144450
Guy whose post you quoted here. For maximum effectiveness, rotate Cena's arms wayyy back, so that he's holding the other figure behind his back, then pull back and release.
>>
>>6145048
Well that's just silly

But it works sooo that's neat
>>
>>6141190
>John Cena's action feature isn't wagging his hand in front of his face

RUINED.
>>
File: mmisc_278_P.jpg (655KB, 761x700px) Image search: [Google]
mmisc_278_P.jpg
655KB, 761x700px
The create-a-wrestler toys look like something pulled straight of the mid to late 90's and I love it
>>
Why is white ranger Seth so goddamn hard to find?
>>
>>6144998
It's basically the same as your pic, though the knees are double jointed, the hips are on a sort of ball joint/hinge thing, and there's an ankle pivot on most of them.
>>
>>6142860
They just assume you're buying for somebody else most of the time.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.